PDA

View Full Version : Craig Anderson

ovechkin
02-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Is there any reason he should still be on my team? I unfortunately drafted him in the 4th round and he has been completely terrible this season.
Today he got pulled again after 3 goals on only 8 shots.
It's been a month since he last had a game of givnig up only 1 goal, and he has only had 4 games this year of 1 goal or less (and no shutouts), to go with his 5 games of 5+ goals allowed.
His only solid play this year was during a 6 game win streak in December, but even then his numbers weren't that great, averaging over 3 GAA and a SV% of .900.

Clearly he has been a disaster but the only reason I'd consider keeping him is because the categories in my league are Wins, Saves, GAA, and shutouts. So the more goalies you play the better you will do each week. Granted he has not helped at all for shutouts and has hurt me in regards to GAA, but more goalies gets me more wins and saved.

So far this season my records in the four goalie categories has been:
Wins:14-1-2
Saves:17-0-0
GAA:9-8-0
SO:10-3-4

There's really not any goalie right now that will even make a decent replacement (Lawson, Dubnyk, McElhinney, Rask, Lehner, Bernier, Clemmensen) so I would probably be replacing him with some hot forward.
Am I the only one here who still has Anderson on my team because he is somehow still owned on 76% of yahoo teams?

mike550
02-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Say it with me.........

ONE YEAR WONDER!!

ONE YEAR WONDER!!

flyingfrog
02-15-2011, 01:12 AM
Yeah Saves makes bad goalies useful, which I'm not sure I agree with, but it at least keeps a team with bad goaltending from being completely out of it, which... I don't know how I feel about that. That is too many goalies though. Though I might lean to trading a goalie for offense, rather than straight dropping one, even if it means keeping Anderson. There must be someone in a 12 teamer that would take either of Anderson, Pavs or Reimer.

ovechkin
02-15-2011, 02:24 AM
Yeah Saves makes bad goalies useful, which I'm not sure I agree with, but it at least keeps a team with bad goaltending from being completely out of it, which... I don't know how I feel about that. That is too many goalies though. Though I might lean to trading a goalie for offense, rather than straight dropping one, even if it means keeping Anderson. There must be someone in a 12 teamer that would take either of Anderson, Pavs or Reimer.
The teams that have the biggest need for goaltending either don't check their team, don't respond to trades, or refuse to accept any trades.
One team in my league has completely abandoned all of his goalies (he defends his position even though it is completely idiotic).
I've offered trades to several teams in hope of getting a solid goalie in a package deal but most likely none will be accepted and I may be faced with this situation of just dropping Anderson.

WasteOfTime
02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
I still own him. But my league is a points league that rewards goalie starts unless they get totally shellacked (see budaj or anderson last night). They're currently on a 8 game losing streak. I'm waiting to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Habber82
02-15-2011, 12:45 PM
dropped him, oh, back in November in my one-year league. it's been safe to drop him for some time now.

mike550
02-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Stay far away from Av's goalies. Anderson/Budaj are splitting time since neither can emerge as the #1 and the Av's continue to free fall down the standings.

chadw01
02-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I guess the answer to your question is now pretty clear with Anderson going to the hell hole in OTT.

deebmxer
02-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I guess the answer to your question is now pretty clear with Anderson going to the hell hole in OTT.

:lol:
:suicide: