PDA

View Full Version : Stafford vs. Grabner

Gern Blansten
02-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Just for shits and laughs.

Both guys are white hot right now and play the same position. If you had to pick one, who would you take. Lets say standard Yahoo categories for argument sake.

bearcats
02-13-2011, 10:49 PM
stafford cause buffalo is better and he will play opposite vanek and either connoly or ennis

mike550
02-14-2011, 02:02 AM
I was facing the exact same decision earlier in the weekend. I have had my eye on Stafford for a while but his inconsistency was holding me back from adding him. When it came to Grabner, I kept finding myself saying the same thing "I'll grab him if he has one more good game" well today was that game. I made sure I picked him up immediately after I found he had a hat-trick today.

Grabner: white hot and a scoring machine on an all of a sudden clicking Isles offense. The kid is getting lots of ice-time and a big role

Stafford: His stats are very impressive, almost a point per game player (33 pts in 36 games) but this is what should keep you away from him........4 hat-tricks on the season. That means exactly half (12 of his 24 goals) have come in just FOUR GAMES which means he puts up quite a few zero's.

I don't know how it can't be Grabner right now. Keep watching Stafford though.

WIS
02-14-2011, 02:15 AM
I was facing the exact same decision earlier in the weekend. I have had my eye on Stafford for a while but his inconsistency was holding me back from adding him. When it came to Grabner, I kept finding myself saying the same thing "I'll grab him if he has one more good game" well today was that game. I made sure I picked him up immediately after I found he had a hat-trick today.

Grabner: white hot and a scoring machine on an all of a sudden clicking Isles offense. The kid is getting lots of ice-time and a big role

Stafford: His stats are very impressive, almost a point per game player (33 pts in 36 games) but this is what should keep you away from him........4 hat-tricks on the season. That means exactly half (12 of his 24 goals) have come in just FOUR GAMES which means he puts up quite a few zero's.

I don't know how it can't be Grabner right now. Keep watching Stafford though.
So by that logic, how do you pick Grabner? He's been on a tear, but he only has 9 assists.

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
02-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Stafford pretty easily for me. Exact same points in 20 less games, 10 more PPP and better PIM rate as well.

kiLLscaLLion
02-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Stafford

Grabner will slow down.

Cornholio
02-14-2011, 12:28 PM
stafford cause buffalo is better and he will play opposite vanek and either connoly or ennis
this!

Habber82
02-14-2011, 01:00 PM
flip a coin. i think they're that close for the next 20 or so games. both teams are pretty awful and, honestly, connelly-ennis-vanek is about as scary as tavares-okposo-moulson.... which is to say that neither team is particularly stacked up front. honestly, i think the isles will score more goals than buffalo though they'll lose more games.

mike550
02-14-2011, 02:04 PM
It would be nice to get both of them but I don't have anyone else to drop. I think Grabner will slow down where as Buffalo's offense is a bit more dangerous and Stafford will have more of an impact down the stretch for a Buffalo team battling for a playoff spot.

Stafford is extremely underrated. His ownership in Yahoo should be much higher. Don't think too many people realize that he's almost a point per game player.

I think RIGHT NOW, Grabner is the better option and I went with him but I can easily see myself making the switch to Stafford in a few games.

Gern Blansten
02-14-2011, 04:17 PM
flip a coin.

I was going to add that as a third option in the poll, but wanted to "force" the choice.

Chilly_Willy
02-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Grabner. Stafford does this every season, goes on a tear then back to mediocrity for worse. Maybe his game is grown and maybe injuries are giving him ice time but I'd rather go with the unknown consistancy and upside then someone who has disappeared every other time I have picked him up.

mike550
02-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Grabner. Stafford does this every season, goes on a tear then back to mediocrity for worse. Maybe his game is grown and maybe injuries are giving him ice time but I'd rather go with the unknown consistancy and upside then someone who has disappeared every other time I have picked him up.

:beer: to that