02-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Corvo for me.

jeffoule
02-14-2011, 11:59 AM
stand pat

deebmxer
02-14-2011, 12:05 PM
stand pat

I want to dump him too. He hasn't performed offensively. Any reason you say stand pat?

jeffoule
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Just because of the available players. He also have a lot of upside. Dont forget he has almost the same stats as Mike Green and they are playing on the same team .. would you drop Green?

Habber82
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
at this juncture in a one-year league dropping an unproven rookie for the "hot hand" is not a bad idea. no one should drop Green because he's proven. Corvo for me makes sense because he's producing really well right now, and when/if he falters I'm sure Carlson or anther "hot hand" will still be there in FA waiting for you. Besides, Corvo has more points than Carlson on the entire season and has been lights out the past 30 days.

kiLLscaLLion
02-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Isn't McCabe coming back soon?

looch17
02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Corvo

Habber82
02-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Isn't McCabe coming back soon?

Yeah, to play with the AHL team that the Panthers will be in a couple weeks!

mike550
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, to play with the AHL team that the Panthers will be in a couple weeks!

What are you talking about? The Panthers are 5 points out of a playoff spot and playing some good hockey of late.

Habber82
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
What are you talking about? The Panthers are 5 point out of a playoff spot and playing some good hockey of late.

"Good" hockey is going 3-4-3 in the last ten? Granted I don't watch a lot of Panthers hockey, but that's not a great record. Certainly not when you're fighting for a playoff spot.

Also, they are 7 points out of playoff spot and if you pay attention to any media they'll tell you the Panthers are sellers at this years trade deadline. Many expect Vokoun and Weiss at the very least to be dealt.

chadw01
02-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Giordano here.. CGY is on a roll.

bearcats
02-14-2011, 09:50 PM
all over the map ......anyone know why green didn't play?

I am leaning toward pietrangelo / giordano....maybe I should wait a day or so....and see what green's problem is...

mike550
02-14-2011, 10:21 PM
"Good" hockey is going 3-4-3 in the last ten? Granted I don't watch a lot of Panthers hockey, but that's not a great record. Certainly not when you're fighting for a playoff spot.

Also, they are 7 points out of playoff spot and if you pay attention to any media they'll tell you the Panthers are sellers at this years trade deadline. Many expect Vokoun and Weiss at the very least to be dealt.

The fact that the Panthers are .500 and just 7 points out of a playoff spot is a very good thing for that franchise and THAT is what the media continues to mention. If they can get the right deal for Weiss than they will take it but Vokoun is much more likely to be dealt since he's UFA in the summer and there's a few teams who need a reliable starting veteran for the playoffs. You're right that 3-4-3 over their last 10 isin't so great but they're managing to stick around in the playoff hunt like they seem to do ever year. And let's be real here for a second, after losing Horton, they were expected to be in the basement of the conference. They've gotten big contributions from Santorelli, Kulikov, Wideman and Mcabe. The Frolik move was strange though.

I don't think they will end up making the playoffs but they gotta be given credit for hanging around.

bearcats
02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
mike, FYI Vokoun is not likely going anywhere, as a matter of fact word is that he is close to signing an extension.....FLA is not sure that Markstrom is NHL ready yet and he is injured, couple that with the fact the chicago just got Alexander Salak from them...all points leadto vokoun in FLA for a few more years...

mike550
02-14-2011, 11:55 PM
mike, FYI Vokoun is not likely going anywhere, as a matter of fact word is that he is close to signing an extension.....FLA is not sure that Markstrom is NHL ready yet and he is injured, couple that with the fact the chicago just got Alexander Salak from them...all points leadto vokoun in FLA for a few more years...

Good call, I didn't really think of that. When you got Markstrom who was long considered to be one of the best goalies not currently in the NHL than it was almost a sure thing that he was going to take over next year. I didn't know he was injured or that he was struggling this year. That's a serious setback for them since he was drafted two years ago and the plan all along was to bring him up slowly behind Vokoun. The trading of a solid prospect in Salak was quite odd at first appearance but would make perfect sense if they were to bring back Vokoun.

Thanks for clarifying.

whiplash68
02-15-2011, 07:25 AM
peitrangelo for me.

Habber82
02-16-2011, 11:19 PM
What are you talking about? The Panthers are 5 points out of a playoff spot and playing some good hockey of late.

Hey maybe the Leafs will make the playoffs too!!