PDA

View Full Version : Keeper trade question

Raja
02-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Standard yahoo cats, all players involved would be keepers.

Miller+Kopitar or Kovalchuk
FOR
Price+Gaborik or E.Staal or Semin

All combinations seem pretty lateral to me, would it be worth it at all in your guys opinions?

I can't afford to make this move now, but if nothing happens before the deadline, how do you guys feel about

Miller, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, for Malkin, Howard

Current Keepers: St.Louis, Backstrom, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, Luongo, Miller
Potential keepers if Malkin deal goes through: Havlat, Boyle, Briere, Lucic, Burns, etc

Gambit
02-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Miller + Kopitar is the most enticing combination for me. And I wouldn't deal Miller/Kopi/Kovy for Malkin/Howard personally. I'd rather stay away from Malkin unless the price was very reasonable/cheap, which in this case its not....not even close.

Habber82
02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I would not pay that high a price for malkin, but i would definitely entertain the idea of trading Miller and Kopitar for Price and Staal. In a keeper I think you improve at both positions, but it's close and probably more lateral than anything. I'd stay away from Semin and Gaborik.

Raja
02-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Forgot to mention position's don't matter, but thanks so far. I'm trying to turn Miller+ into Stamkos or Perry, and that'd definitely sway me over but I don't know if he'll consider or not.

Gern Blansten
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I think Habber & Gambit hit the nail on the head. Malkin is damaged goods right now and will need to prove himself again.

I like your current list of keepers.

bearcats
02-13-2011, 09:57 PM
stand pat on this one IMO, I like your current keepers more than the potential keepers even if it includes malkin...