PDA

View Full Version : Trade Offer Received

paulie
02-13-2011, 06:43 AM
GM in Team A's league wants Howard from me. He says he's willing to work something out involving Thornton. First of all, will Price and Roloson be enough to carry me through the rest of the season?

As for the other GM, he already has Quick and Kipper, so I'm not sure why he's looking for another goalie. Here is his roster.

C: E. Staal, J. Thornton, Zajac, Kesler
LW: Kovalchuk, Moulson, Pacioretty, Malone
RW: Eberle, Grabner, Iginla, Hejduk
D: J. Johnson, Seabrook, Bieksa, Suter
G: Quick, Kipper

This is a keeper league that also trades draft picks.

Thanks for the help.

Raja
02-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Try including Ribiero and adding one of his goalies so you gain a keeper that way. I'd rather have Howard in a keep 5 league, stress the age difference/position importance when dealing with him. I'd say your keepers are relatively weak and moving from a G to C doesn't help that cause.

paulie
02-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I doubt he would trade a goalie. As for my keepers, I traded two of them away, that's why I only show three keepers on my roster. As for a keeper goalie, you would really keep Howard over Price?

Gambit
02-13-2011, 11:49 PM
As much as I love Thornton, if your team is in playoff contention and has a shot at winning, going with Price/Roli in net is walking on a thin wire...I'd avoid dealing one of your 3 starters unless you bring back a goaltender thats considered an upgrade.

Raja
02-14-2011, 12:53 AM
I doubt he would trade a goalie. As for my keepers, I traded two of them away, that's why I only show three keepers on my roster. As for a keeper goalie, you would really keep Howard over Price?

No I should have been clearer. I'd prefer Howard over Thornton in a keep 5. Heatley, Chara, Price, Howard, Ribeiro/Okposo? Would be better than Thornton. You'll be set in net and can draft high talent forwards while everyone else is scrambling for a #2 goalie.

paulie
02-14-2011, 04:29 AM
Ah, I see what you mean, except the problem is that we are only allowed to name one goalie as part of our 5 keepers.

kiLLscaLLion
02-14-2011, 11:07 AM
In that case, trade away one of your goalies for a forward for sure.

Raja
02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Pretty important detail to leave out :p

Makes sense then.

paulie
02-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Pretty important detail to leave out :p

Makes sense then.

Sorry. In Vietnam and internet is slow at best.

So, go straight up my Howard for his Thornton?

Thanks for all the help.

Raja
02-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Howard really hasn't been playing nearly as well as last year. Roloson has been just as consistent/better when he wins these last few weeks so might as well I guess.

paulie
02-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Wow, Roloson's sucked for the last few games. Can I really afford to go on with just Price and Roloson? The other GM and I have been in talks with draft picks and stuff, and the offer that's come finally come in is his Thornton for my Howard straight up.

paulie
02-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Anyone else? Accept Thornton for Howard straight up, and gain another keeper, or decline because it leaves me too weak in net with just Price and Roloson.

Roy Hinske
02-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I would be afraid to run just 2 goalies unless there is something on the WW.

paulie
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Well, not sure how this will work out for me, but I did it. I keep sliding in the standings, and my keepers for next year just don't look that great, so did it for next season.

I traded my Howard for his Thornton, then dropped Frolik to pick up DiPietro, threw DiPietro onto the IR list, and then picked up Montoya.

Thanks for the help.