PDA

View Full Version : Michael Grabner

djzaks
02-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Is he taken in your pool? He's been on fire recently, with 10 goals in his last 11 games.

zhmen
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
FA in mine. thinking about droping Ennis for him . should I do it?
I already have GRABovski may as well grab GRABner :)

chadw01
02-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah definitely dump Ennis for Grabner.. the Austrian is on fire.

djzaks
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
What about Stafford?

Habber82
02-10-2011, 10:43 PM
What about Stafford?

What about him?

djzaks
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
What about him?

Should I drop Stafford for Grabner?

zhmen
02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah definitely dump Ennis for Grabner.. the Austrian is on fire.
done ! :)

Habber82
02-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Should I drop Stafford for Grabner?

flip a coin!

mike550
02-11-2011, 09:05 PM
I was thinking of giving Recchi a few more games and than dumping him for the next hot player. When you're in 6th in the pool and have a ton of ground to make up, you gotta take chances and roll with the hot players.

You guys think Grabner keeps it going the rest of the way? Does it really make sense to roster an Islander not named Tavares or Moulson?

secol
02-11-2011, 10:34 PM
lol what a friggin brawlfest

mike550
02-12-2011, 12:39 AM
lol what a friggin brawlfest

What do you mean?

Habber82
02-12-2011, 12:48 AM
What do you mean?

ummm.... guessing you didn't see the game or the box score...??

secol
02-12-2011, 12:49 PM
346 pims in that game i think? kinda pissed i had nobody in that game

Shtand
02-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Haha, crazy. I wish my goalies counted towards PIMS.. Own Johnson and Price in one league, 3 goalie fights from my team in the last 10 days! (Pretty much all theyve been good for lately too..)

Grabner has been excellent lately, and has had a few close missed opportunities, so his production could be even better. If you have one slot for rotating between hot-players, he is this weeks pickup for sure.

mike550
02-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Haha, crazy. I wish my goalies counted towards PIMS.. Own Johnson and Price in one league, 3 goalie fights from my team in the last 10 days! (Pretty much all theyve been good for lately too..)

Grabner has been excellent lately, and has had a few close missed opportunities, so his production could be even better. If you have one slot for rotating between hot-players, he is this weeks pickup for sure.

This is the perfect description of what I am doing. It has got me back into contention in a three way tie for 5th and just a few points back of fourth. Long way to go though.....75 back of first.

But yes, Grabner is a very hot pickup right now. Don't see why he can't keep it going on a crappy Isles offense. Than again, when you think about it.....Johnny T, Moulson, Parenteau, Comeau, Okposo and now Grabner all have been fantasy relevant this season. Surprising eh? :eek:

Cornholio
02-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Well, the only guy who picked up PiMs and is relevant in fantasy hockey might be Letang and Okposo with 10 minutes; Josh Bailey and MAYBE Dupuis.

I mean, who owns Haley (1st career NHL game), Godard, Gillies, Hamonic [never heard of him!], Rupp, Engelland, Martin, Talbot, Adams, Konopka, MacDonald, Sterling, Hillen, Craig...???

secol
02-13-2011, 12:37 PM
you should check hamonic out in some leagues, the numbers aren't too bad. macdonald as well since wisnewski got traded

Shtand
02-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Already another goal for Grabner today. 13 goals in his last 14 games.

Cornholio
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM
make that 14; 2 tonight.
that kid's unreal!!

iceHOLE
02-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Gamewinning hat trick goal, fucking kicking myself for not picking this guy up when I had the chance.

Zamboners
02-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Gamewinning hat trick goal, fucking kicking myself for not picking this guy up when I had the chance.

Yeah, me too as I've had Moulson for a little while now. He's still on the wire in my league but still not sure wanna swap out Moulson for him.

ovechkin
02-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I picked up Stafford and Grabner a couple of days ago and they both had great games today. Funny how Stafford hat 4 hat tricks this year and my other stars of Ovechkin, Heatley, Sedin, and Semin have a combined 1 this year.

Shtand
02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
In deeper leagues where players like this hold value, I assume Grabner would be a sell high and hope to get someone of substance.

I have one team very interested, but I dont really know what type of player to target. (We can trade draft picks as well.)

Is there someone on his team that you would realistically think I could get for Grabner that would be an upgrade?

C: spezza, vermette, couture, bolland, grabovski
LW: Omark, Torres, Ladd, Bickell, Malone
RW: Cleary, Bergfors, Briere, Armstrong, Downie
D: Franson, Del Zotto, Schenn, Suter, Alberts, Alzner, Letang
G: Boucher, Turco, Lindback

Chilly_Willy
02-14-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the question then becomes is Grabner the real deal or is he a sell high. Having watched the last few games Grabner is pretty impressive. He has the ability to get past the defense and is speedy and had good hands. The islanders roster is starting to show some scoring consistency for example Moulson hit 30 goals last season and looks like he will get close or 30 again. If I had Grabner in a deep prospect keeper I think I would enjoy the ride unless you can get mucho ridiculous return for him.

I am very very curious to see the Islanders next year. You have guys like Okposo, Tavares Bailey all getting into that breakout territory. Some successful scoring from Moulson and good role players like Hailey. Grabner looks pretty good Parentu looks good, they got guys like Petrov KAbanov Nelson in the pipe and another top 5 pick is likely this season.

The Islanders lost more mangames to injury than any other team this season, we've seen how that kills teams season after season so their current standing in no way reflects their true potential. And if DiPietro gets his head together in the offseason gets his body in shape and his head in the game or they actually work something out with Nabakov it could get interesting.

Now if only their management doesn't find a way to completely screw up the opportunity is the bigger question.

secol
02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
you're talking about the wangster.......i'd fear the wangster

DoctorDoobie
02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Grabner was like a 14th overall draft pick or something. The kid is amazingly fast and handles the stick very well. I grabbed in all 3 of my leagues before the weekend and he came through big time. Won't get you many assists, but that's ok by me.

djzaks
03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Is the Grabner honeymoon over, is it safe to drop him now?

If he gets no points tonight I will be dropping him for Boyes.

chadw01
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Yes drop him for Boyes.. the honeymoon and sell high window is over.

Chilly_Willy
03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Hes come down to earth he did assist tonight.

mike550
03-03-2011, 02:02 PM
He's picking up the odd point here and there. His tear is over and he's now safe to drop. I did so a week ago.