PDA

View Full Version : Fisher To Nashville

mike550
02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Surprised this wasn't up yet. Fisher to the Preds for a 1st round pick in 2011 and a conditional 3rd round pick in 2012 (can go up to second rounder if Preds win a round in a round in the playoffs)

Fish has obviously struggled this year with just 24 points but as a die-hard Sens fan, it's a very tough day. Hard to see him go but it was for the best and had to be done.

How does this impact his fantasy value? He should fit right into Nashville's system...should become the second line center in Nashville, possibly bumping Wilson down. Could play with SK, Hornqvist or Dumont. He gets a bump in value but probably only in deeper leagues.

Habber82
02-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Fantasy relevance here is minimal. No one should be rushing out to get this guy in leagues where he was an FA. If you're in a deep league then chances are he was already owned. 50 point C's aren't exactly commodities in most leagues. This is why this was posted in the NHL forum and not in the fantasy forum hours ago.

chadw01
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I think he'll be the first line C.. with Cal O'Reilly down and Wilson playing top line minutes, there's not much C depth in Nashville, unless you think Legwand is a #1 - should have seen this coming.. Carrie Underwood (er, Fisher) must be ecstatic now that he's in the heart of Nashville country.

Hee haw..

mike550
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Fantasy relevance here is minimal. No one should be rushing out to get this guy in leagues where he was an FA. If you're in a deep league then chances are he was already owned. 50 point C's aren't exactly commodities in most leagues. This is why this was posted in the NHL forum and not in the fantasy forum hours ago.

Oh whatever, my bad......:rolleyes:

abusiveninja
02-11-2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/2/10/1986749/where-does-mike-fisher-fit-in-the-nashville-predators-lineup

madsci
02-11-2011, 10:02 AM
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/2/10/1986749/where-does-mike-fisher-fit-in-the-nashville-predators-lineup

lolz @ Fisher as Preds 1st line center.

mike550
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow Fisher is NOT first line center under any circumstance. That's bad Nashville......

Habber82
02-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Wow Fisher is NOT first line center under any circumstance. That's bad Nashville......

hunh? where'd you see that?

mike550
02-11-2011, 09:11 PM
hunh? where'd you see that?

It was in the post right above mine. Not confirmed but speculation right now from a Preds correspondent and talk amongst the hockey circles.

It shouldn't happen, but it does make sense based on their serious lack of center depth. I thought Wilson was playing C but he's actually been used as a LW lately. Their centers have looked like this for the last couple weeks:

Legwand
Goc
Smithson
Spaling

I guess Fisher makes a slightly better #1 center than David freaking Legwand. And alongside Wilson/Sullivan/Hornqvist, maybe Fisher can put up some decent numbers. but as a Sens fan, I can safely say he should never be given that much of an offensive responsibility. He should be throw on the second line.

killer93
02-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I picked him up right away. In a roto pool. I think he's gonna turn into their Ryan Kesler light.

flyingfrog
02-12-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm just happy the Sens are well on their way to getting the first overall pick. C'mon Edmonton, string together some wins! Having said that... I have no idea about the class of this year's draft.

housenuts
02-12-2011, 01:24 PM
pretty sure this years draft is supposed to be bad

Raja
02-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Couturier, Landeskog, and Murphy are an awesome top 5. I don't know too much about the rest of the draft though.

phaneuf6
02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
It's not a bad draft this year at all. Landeskog will likely go first overall, he's Mike Richards 2.0.

two24four
02-12-2011, 03:15 PM
It's an ok draft, not the best, but also not the worst. No Crosby's, Stamkos' OV's, but some pretty good players at the top of the draft.

phaneuf6 hit the nail on the head when he said Landeskog is Mike Richards 2.0.

Matt Puemple is another player to watch for.

mike550
02-12-2011, 07:04 PM
It's not a bad draft this year at all. Landeskog will likely go first overall, he's Mike Richards 2.0.

That's really going to depend on who is choosing first overall. If it's the Sens than it's a total toss up between the three forwards. Center depth is so key so RNH is a very tempting pick as he would join Spezza as a deadly 1-2 punch for many years. It's also tempting to go with Landeskog to play alongside Spezza or Couturier. Landeskog could be Alfie's replacement as soon as next season or the year after and make a huge impact. Couturier has a lot of pure offensive skill and plays hard.

If the Oilers or Islanders are picking #1 than it's almost a sure thing they'd take Larsson as both teams are stacked with young forwards.

The preference for my Sens is Couturier or Landeskog.

flyingfrog
02-12-2011, 07:27 PM
We'll see, I agree that the Sens need a high-class forward, badly, but they have fucked themselves over in the past drafting for positions...grabbing Lee instead of Kopitar... but it's good there are plenty of options in the top 5, but I get the feeling the Sens will be bad enough to stay in the top 2. They may even go after the Leafs' pick from Boston, which is supposed to be in play.

chadw01
02-13-2011, 09:11 AM
That's really going to depend on who is choosing first overall. If it's the Sens than it's a total toss up between the three forwards. Center depth is so key so RNH is a very tempting pick as he would join Spezza as a deadly 1-2 punch for many years. It's also tempting to go with Landeskog to play alongside Spezza or Couturier. Landeskog could be Alfie's replacement as soon as next season or the year after and make a huge impact. Couturier has a lot of pure offensive skill and plays hard.

If the Oilers or Islanders are picking #1 than it's almost a sure thing they'd take Larsson as both teams are stacked with young forwards.

The preference for my Sens is Couturier or Landeskog.

How about Nugent Hopkins.. where do you think he'll land?

Zamboners
02-13-2011, 09:39 AM
1 Assist, +2, 2 PIM, 12 FW and over 18 minutes of ice time with Nashville's top line as well as power play time, I'll take it. Yes it was against a crap Colorado team, but I needed a center as Crosby and now Kunitz are on IR. Could have nabbed Forsberg but with injury history and only ranked as C with no face-offs couldn't risk him staying healthy or Yahoo! giving him the RW or LW designation. I hope a change to Predators does Fisher some good.

two24four
02-13-2011, 12:42 PM
If the Sens or any team for that matter who need forwards pass over Landeskog at 1st overall then they need to get there head checked, this kid is the real deal, he really is the next Mike Richards, he can do it all, score, playmake, play on the PP, SH, he can even fight, real good leader as well.