PDA

View Full Version : Drop Varlamov and Neuvirth for Niemi and an FA?

flyt300
02-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm wondering if I should free up a skater slot and make this move. The WAS duo is taking good care of me, but maybe I get the same results from just one slot in Niemi. this all assumes Niemi will be the #1 guy the rest of the way and that I won't wanna keep one of the WAS duo as one of my 7 keepers.

abusiveninja
02-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I think I would drop Wideman for Niemi and try to trade the WAS duo. Or trade Varlamov for a skater and hang onto Neuv (or just drop him for another skater if your Varl trade is succesful).

gogoayane
02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I think I would drop Wideman for Niemi and try to trade the WAS duo. Or trade Varlamov for a skater and hang onto Neuv (or just drop him for another skater if your Varl trade is succesful).

Agreed - I wouldn't drop the duo as they are winning games with good stats... I would add Niemi and trade the pair out

flyt300
02-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Wideman is actually been very helpful (PPP, SOG, BLK) and with McCabe out could continue so I want to hang on to him for now.
I dropped Knuble for Niemi. Now I can figure out what I want to do with my Goalie situation. See how Niemi does and them work some trades. Ironically Niemi will play one of the WAS duo tomorrow... :freak:

don242
02-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Sorry, to change the topic a little, but which goalie, Neuvrith or Varlamov, if you can only keep one. I can't figure out who is playing anymore. Tempted to just drop Varlamov (who I have right now) and be done with it. Neuvrith is a FA right now.

Edited my signature so it is up to date. This is for Team 2.

abusiveninja
02-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Sorry, to change the topic a little, but which goalie, Neuvrith or Varlamov, if you can only keep one. I can't figure out who is playing anymore. Tempted to just drop Varlamov (who I have right now) and be done with it. Neuvrith is a FA right now.

I'd say Varlamov. It is kind of a mess, though. I just traded them both because I was sick of dealing with it (and even having to grab Holtby at one point). Ridiculous.

edit: Just saw your sig. WAS duo does put up good stats. Drop Hamhuis for Neuv and trade a goalie for a Dman? How many teams? Brodeur being hurt isn't helping your situation.

Ginu09
02-08-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't understand why Washington's goalies get no love. They've given up the 4th fewest goals in the Eastern Conference.

Snipes16
02-09-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't understand why Washington's goalies get no love. They've given up the 4th fewest goals in the Eastern Conference.

probably because their asses are too big for 2 roster chairs :lol:

don242
02-09-2011, 07:32 AM
I'd say Varlamov. It is kind of a mess, though. I just traded them both because I was sick of dealing with it (and even having to grab Holtby at one point). Ridiculous.

edit: Just saw your sig. WAS duo does put up good stats. Drop Hamhuis for Neuv and trade a goalie for a Dman? How many teams? Brodeur being hurt isn't helping your situation.

Only 10 teams in that league and no one bites on a trade (consider that Neuvrith is on the FA list). Problem is I don't think I can afford to get rid of another d-man as I am already at 3 only and I certainly don't want 5 goalies, I have enough conflicts as it is. I will take another look.

And yes, Brodeur has been my downfall this year. I even dropped him at one point for a month and then picked him up when they started turning things around. Of course he goes and gets injured now.

abusiveninja
02-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Only 10 teams in that league and no one bites on a trade (consider that Neuvrith is on the FA list). Problem is I don't think I can afford to get rid of another d-man as I am already at 3 only and I certainly don't want 5 goalies, I have enough conflicts as it is. I will take another look.

And yes, Brodeur has been my downfall this year. I even dropped him at one point for a month and then picked him up when they started turning things around. Of course he goes and gets injured now.

Maybe just ride with Varlamov for now and see what happens with Brodeur. If nobody has picked up Neuv by now then my guess is nobody will (unless something happens to Varl in which case you should obviously grab Neuv). Check out Brodeur's status over the next week. I would even consider dropping him if he is out for a bit and grabbing Neuv. Brodeur has been on fire lately, though. Tough situation. I hate tandems.

don242
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Maybe just ride with Varlamov for now and see what happens with Brodeur. If nobody has picked up Neuv by now then my guess is nobody will (unless something happens to Varl in which case you should obviously grab Neuv). Check out Brodeur's status over the next week. I would even consider dropping him if he is out for a bit and grabbing Neuv. Brodeur has been on fire lately, though. Tough situation. I hate tandems.

My thoughts also. I figure if someone does pick him up, oh well. I am still in decent shape.

It has just been tough trying to free up space when carrying so many goalies. My other stats tend to suffer. Still, my goalie stats were the worst earlier on and I have slowly brought them up to at least the midpoint so it has helped.

Missed the draft for this league so I got burned in a few places that have hurt. Also have a number of players who play the same nights so again, more spots taken up for no return. Not my main league though, so not that worried. This league is quiet in the way of trades or moves. Still I like to at least get a respectable finish.