PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Quality PIMS man

Shtand
02-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I routinely lose PIMS and set out to try and fix that. However, I hate carrying a straight goon on my team.

For Team One

I Give: Burns + Grabner + Higher mid pick TBD (11th?)

I get: Downie + Del Zotto + Lower mid pick TBD (5th?)

I am competing this year and relatively comfortable in a playoff spot, and this is trading with the 1st place team.

It looks like a pretty good trade for the future, although I don't see Del Zotto much, is he just having a sophmore slump this year? However, what concerns me is the big points swing, giving up 53 to his 32, and 29 goals to his 7. I do have MAB who was recalled by TB (still iffy) who could help me afford to do this at the present.

Would you guys pull the trigger, or perhaps just roster a goon? Dorsett, Mayers, Staubitz, Rupp, S. Thornton

Thanks muchly for your input!

Jake
02-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Just get a goon, you are really overpaying for PIM's here

Bure96
02-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't see 34 goals coming from your side. You are giving up 29 from my count.

Shtand
02-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Whoops, pretty good math skills over here! Been a couple long days without sleep at work. I'm thinking this is still a no-go though, but was curious what people thought of these players going forward.

thehockeyguy79
02-05-2011, 11:56 PM
See if Peckham is still floating around. A solid PIM Dman who is starting to see more ice time.

Shtand
02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Good suggestion, it's a pretty damn deep league though, top PIMS FA D is Jay Harrison with 55, followed by Komisarek, Scott, O'Brien, Ohlund, and more rubbish.

I may look towards other owners in the pursuit of someone like Prust.