PDA

View Full Version : Offered Crosby in a keeper

sting9
02-04-2011, 11:56 PM
I was offered Crosby and Quick for Datsyuk, Getzlaf, and Lundqvist

I am currently in third in our head to head league and probabaly have a shot at winning this year. This move would cripple my goaltending this year but pair me with Crosby ans Ovechkin for the next 2 years. All players involved can be kept for this year and the next 2 years.

Some goalies likely available in the draft next year include: Rinne (Luongo owner), Halak, (new lundqvist owner), Ward (Fleury owener), Backstrom/Kipper (Pavs owner), Thomas/Broduer (Varley owner)...So i could pair Quick with a solid goalie for next year

Any thoughts are appreciated

bearcats
02-05-2011, 12:08 AM
no I like the dats/gets/lundy side better

Raja
02-05-2011, 12:25 AM
If you weren't in contention I'd say do it, but you've got a good core of keepers as it is. Too much for now but if it could be re offered in the off season I'd probably take it.

toronto1979
02-05-2011, 02:20 AM
I wouldn't say it would cripple your goaltending. Quick has been as good as Lundqvist.

What hurts you more is not knowing the status of Crosby's concussion and if there will be any longterm effects. That would concern me a lot more than swapping out Lundy for Quick.

mike550
02-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I'd pass on that for now and try to get Crosby again at a later date for a slightly different package if possible. Like toronto1979 said, if you're making a push this season and want Sid+Ovie, it's too much of a risk right now as Sid could be out for a while longer.

thehockeyguy79
02-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I'd pass on that for now and try to get Crosby again at a later date for a slightly different package if possible. Like toronto1979 said, if you're making a push this season and want Sid+Ovie, it's too much of a risk right now as Sid could be out for a while longer.

The only issue with waiting is as soon as Crosby gets (hopefully) healthy his value is going to go back up. I say make the trade and go into it with the mindset that even if you don't get a single game out of him this year its worth it for the next two years. Besides being that it is a 10 Team league I'm quite sure you can add drop a couple times of week to make up the difference.

Keepers would be...

Crosby
Ovechkin
Perry
Kane
Stastny
Quick

Bure96
02-06-2011, 11:58 AM
The only issue with waiting is as soon as Crosby gets (hopefully) healthy his value is going to go back up. I say make the trade and go into it with the mindset that even if you don't get a single game out of him this year its worth it for the next two years. Besides being that it is a 10 Team league I'm quite sure you can add drop a couple times of week to make up the difference.

Keepers would be...

Crosby
Ovechkin
Perry
Kane
Stastny
Quick
I agree. I would make the trade. This is the lowest Crosby's value is going to be for a long time. No better "buy low" than this, even though you're giving up a lot of value.

killer93
02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Any other Crosby owners out there starting to get worried? Apparently he tried a light workout today and immediately started to see spots. It's sounding more and more like they will just shut Crosby down for the year imo.

Habber82
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
So can you keep Dats, Getz and Lundy for the next two years? or are their contracts expiring?

Raja
02-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Any other Crosby owners out there starting to get worried? Apparently he tried a light workout today and immediately started to see spots. It's sounding more and more like they will just shut Crosby down for the year imo.

I'm very worried. He's definitely a player that they won't let rush back though, so honestly I don't even care if they shut him down this year so he can come back later. Bergeron's hit a few years back was awful and he took a very long time to get back, but he really is the player he used to be so if they play it safe I think he can return just fine.

Cornholio
02-09-2011, 04:38 PM
keep what you have!
even with a healthy crosby, i wouldn't accept!

mike550
02-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Don't take that deal, you're just fine and don't need to take the risk on Sid.