PDA

View Full Version : Keeper format changing, who to pick?

Raja
02-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I know I always tell people to wait in the "who to keep" threads since they're always so damn early, but since we're reducing keepers and expanding the league I've got too many keeper worthy players.

Standard Yahoo categories, H2H

F - Backstrom, Kovalchuk, Kopitar, St.Louis, Briere, Hemsky, Lucic, Havlat, Ribeiro, Voracek, Okposo(IR still, dropping D for him when I feel I should)
D - Boyle, Burns, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Campbell
G - Luongo, Miller, Neuvirth

We used to keep 7, and were toying with the idea of either expanding to 8 keepers, or to 14 teams rather than 12, and the later won. Now I get to keep 6. The Ovechkin, Crosby, and Stamkos owner's won't budge, but I haven't talked to the Malkin owner yet.

Right now I'm in the works of doing Miller+ for Getzlaf/Ward, it just depends what else the owner asks for.

Since I have at least 10 keeper worthy players though, how do I go about trying to trade/upgrade if they're already near the top? Backstrom, Kopitar, St.Louis, Kovalchuk, Luongo, Miller is probably who I'd keep, but I don't mind moving any except for Luongo, if it's possible to upgrade. So basically, I'd be up for packaging any 2 forwards for a better one, but with 3 major players not an option it's hard to figure out who to target. Suggestions?

Edit: I'm currently in 2nd place but only 13 points separate me and 7th, so hopefully no moves that would hurt my chances this season.

alias
02-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Find the team with the worst set of keepers and offer them 2 solid keepers for 1 better keeper. For example something like Kopitar & St. Louis for D Sedin or something. Your keepers would then be Backstrom, Sedin, Kovalchuk, Boyle, Luongo & Miller(if you don't deal him which I wouldn't). You'd have a top 5 center, 2 top 5 wingers(assuming Kovy bounces back), a top 5 d-man and 2 top 5 goalies. But I'd be shopping St. Louis now. He's getting up there in age and he won't be producing like he is now forever. Can you post the team with Daniel?

Raja
02-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Positions don't matter so Daniel being a LW isn't an issue. The team with Daniel has Henrik too,and I already offered Havlat/Ribeiro for Neal and he said no, so I don't think he's big on 2 for 1's.

F - Sedin, Sedin, Horton, Neal, Avery, Zajac, Leino, J.Staal, Carcillo, Setoguchi, Brassard
D - Schenn, Myers, Letang, Pitkanen
G - Backstrom, Halak, Turco

Considering he has Sedin, Sedin, Letang, Neal, Halak, Backstrom/Myers it might be tough for him to go for it.

And with the directions Carolina/Buffalo are taking, I don't feel that Ward is very far behind Miller if at all, especially if I can get a F upgrade, but we'll see.

Raja
02-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Malkin owner wants way too much

Bure96
02-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Right now, your keepers should be Backstrom, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, St. Louis, Luongo and Miller. I would try to scope out some 2-for-1's, but if you can't find anything, your keepers are pretty solid.

thehockeyguy79
02-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Right now, your keepers should be Backstrom, Kopitar, Kovalchuk, St. Louis, Luongo and Miller. I would try to scope out some 2-for-1's, but if you can't find anything, your keepers are pretty solid.

This.

alias
02-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Positions don't matter so Daniel being a LW isn't an issue. The team with Daniel has Henrik too,and I already offered Havlat/Ribeiro for Neal and he said no, so I don't think he's big on 2 for 1's.

F - Sedin, Sedin, Horton, Neal, Avery, Zajac, Leino, J.Staal, Carcillo, Setoguchi, Brassard
D - Schenn, Myers, Letang, Pitkanen
G - Backstrom, Halak, Turco

Considering he has Sedin, Sedin, Letang, Neal, Halak, Backstrom/Myers it might be tough for him to go for it.

And with the directions Carolina/Buffalo are taking, I don't feel that Ward is very far behind Miller if at all, especially if I can get a F upgrade, but we'll see.

But that Havlat/Ribeiro for Neal trade makes his keepers worse which is likely why he didn't do it. If a trade enhances his keepers he'd probably be more likely to consider it.

H Sedin, Kopitar, St. Louis, Neal, Letang/Myers, Halak/Backstrom
looks better to me than
Sedin, Sedin, Letang, Neal, Halak, Backstrom/Myers

That's how I'd sell it to him.