PDA

View Full Version : Boyes or Samuelsson

tets
02-04-2011, 07:24 AM
When Crosby went on IR I grabbed Boyes off FA. Then I had to drop Edler and now Enstrom is on IR so I have to pick up another FA. Samuelsson is on FA and I think he's now on the top PP unit in Van. I would like to just pick up Samuelsson and keep both for now but then I will have 5 RWs. Really I need a LW or a C or a D so I want to choose between Boyes and Samuelsson for the rest of the season and then maybe pick up Corvo until Enstrom comes back.
Who's better to have for the rest of the season. Boyes or Samuelsson?
Thanks in advance.

Raja
02-04-2011, 09:21 AM
I think Boyes will have a better/more consistent remainder of the season. However, since I don't think the decision will make or break your season, I'd go with Samuelsson. Since it's an H2H league when he goes on his hot streaks he'll definitely help you win a few week, and while he's cold you might not even miss him.

Gern Blansten
02-04-2011, 10:15 AM
When do your playoffs begin?

tets
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
When do your playoffs begin?

Looks like March 21st

Gern Blansten
02-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Between tomorrow (assuming you make this move today) and March 20th with your current set of RW'ers, you'll get 4 more games out of Samuelsson. Both players are fairly streaky, but Samuelsson finds himself in a pretty good spot right now playing with Kessler/Raymond ES and on the #1 PP. I'd ride that. Once in the playoffs, you'll get one more game out of Boyes.... (I'd still take the VAN player)

*Edit: Just found this about Salo. I would watch this carefully. I would guess that Saumelsson would get bounced from the #1 PP if Salo is in form, but he'd remain on the #2 line ES.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Canuck+Sami+Salo+long+road+back+next+week/4219867/story.html

tets
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Between tomorrow (assuming you make this move today) and March 20th with your current set of RW'ers, you'll get 4 more games out of Samuelsson. Both players are fairly streaky, but Samuelsson finds himself in a pretty good spot right now playing with Kessler/Raymond ES and on the #1 PP. I'd ride that. Once in the playoffs, you'll get one more game out of Boyes.... (I'd still take the VAN player)

*Edit: Just found this about Salo. I would watch this carefully. I would guess that Saumelsson would get bounced from the #1 PP if Salo is in form, but he'd remain on the #2 line ES.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Canuck+Sami+Salo+long+road+back+next+week/4219867/story.html

awesome thanks for your input!

Bure96
02-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Samuelsson