PDA

View Full Version : To trade or not to trade

gogoayane
02-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm in a dilemma and can use some help. I picked up Roloson in the New Year when he was traded to TB but that leave me with an overload of goalies. We need minimum 4 starts a week.

Some of my weaknesses in my team are Goals, Points, and Hits. FA pool is rather dry and I don't really have much room to add / drop anyone.

A manager approached me and offered:

His Franzen
for
My Roloson

It's a tempting trade... I can probably get more with Roloson but my main concern is that his is 2nd right now in the league, and I'm currently sitting at 4th. Point-wise it's quite tight (behind in 7 points) and I have a feeling I'll get screwed by Roloson when I face him in playoff.

Would you make this trade? Ask for more in return or just stick with 5 goalies?

See our teams below:

10-Team H2H

Categories:
G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, GWG, Hits, FW
W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Lecavalier, Vermette, Bergeron, Couture, Konopka
LW: Tanguay, Cole, Lucic, Kopecky
RW: Giroux, Voracek, Brouwer, MZA
D: Visnovsky, Karlsson, Myers, Burns, Kronwall
G: Brodeur, Luongo, Fleury, Roloson, Bernier
IR: Semin, Parise

Keep (keep 8 - 1 undecided - Brodeur or Visnovsky)
Rookie (keep 3 - 1 undecided - MZA, Myers, or Karlsson)
Drafted

His team:
C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Stamkos
LW: Heatley, Datsyuk, Hartnell, Morrow, Filatov
RW: Callahan, Hornqvist, Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson, Franzen, Okposo, Selanne
D: J. Johnson, Byfuglien, Wisniewski, Shattenkirk, E. Johnson, Fowler
G: Ward, Kiprusoff, Niittymaki
IR: Cammalleri, Connolly

chadw01
02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Definitely ask for more.. he's playing off the Mule's 5-goal performance from last night.

You sure could use help on the wings, especially left. Go after Dats or Heater.

He's goalies are relatively weak and inconsistent - and Nitty doesn't play anymore. Don't undervalue Rolie .. you can probably offer him to other teams in your league for more if he won't up the ante.

30% of your scoring cats are goalie-dependant.. keep it mind.

jeffoule
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I like it for you.. based on your team

gogoayane
02-03-2011, 02:35 PM
We've been talking about this trade for a while but at this point he said he doesn't want to move a top 8 player for Roloson.

I don't mind moving him but ya I think I can get a lot more from him given his situation... I can probably get a few players from him instead... maybe Franzen + Hossa? or Franzen + J. Johnson?

kiLLscaLLion
02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I would shop around Roloson. He's the starting goalie on a great team with 4 shutouts already.

Habber82
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM
You might try Hartnell and Franzen for Roloson and Vermette (or something like that), but I'd shop him around to the other managers in your league first.