PDA

View Full Version : Loui Eriksson

alias
02-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Is this guy the real deal? He was voted the most underrated player in the league in that allstar poll, he's a PPG right now, and he's progressed each season he's been in the league. Is a PPG a realistic expectation for him here on out? He's got more points than guys like Ryan, Giroux, Stastny, Carter, Kane....is he really THAT good?

chadw01
02-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Yup.. he's got all the tools and is in a very good situation in Dallas.

Raja
02-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I think he's very underrated, but probably generally a 75-80 point player. Next year we'll see him without Richards and can make a more accurate decision, but I don't think he's over achieving very much.

gogoayane
02-03-2011, 10:36 AM
he's been quite consistent over the past few years but I would say his success has to do with Richards.. either way though he's an underrated player and I think he will maintain his productivity with / without Richards.

and I don't think they'll move Richards.

alias
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks folks....was offered him in a trade and right away thought no way, but when I saw his stats I had to think twice.

gogoayane
02-03-2011, 03:17 PM
What was the offer?

keyboard
02-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I thought Frans Nielsen was voted most underrated?

Habber82
02-03-2011, 04:49 PM
In a keeper I would rather own all of the guys you listed (save for Stastny) over Loui, but Eriksson is a stud for sure. As others have mentioned it will be interesting to see how much of his production is tied to Richards....

HT9
02-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I thought Frans Nielsen was voted most underrated?

Naw, he was 4 tenths of a percent behind Loui, how devastated must he be missing out on that honour.

Bure96
02-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Watch out for what happens to Brad Richards this summer.

alias
02-04-2011, 01:45 PM
What was the offer?

it was eriksson & a pick for bobby ryan....

Chilly_Willy
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Watch out for what happens to Brad Richards this summer.

Agreed, I think Eriksson scores no matter what but Richards is a huge help to any winger.

chadw01
02-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Agreed, I think Eriksson scores no matter what but Richards is a huge help to any winger.

Burkie! Get this guy for Phil Kessel PLEASE..

Bure96
02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Burkie! Get this guy for Phil Kessel PLEASE..
I am sure Burke is circling like a shark waiting for news that the Stars won't be able to afford to re-sign Richards. And honestly, I think Richards and Kessel would be a very nice tandem. I almost hope the Leafs do manage to sign Richards because I'm kind of sick of watching a team in such a terrific hockey market struggle so badly.

WIS
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I am sure Burke is circling like a shark waiting for news that the Stars won't be able to afford to re-sign Richards. And honestly, I think Richards and Kessel would be a very nice tandem. I almost hope the Leafs do manage to sign Richards because I'm kind of sick of watching a team in such a terrific hockey market struggle so badly.
Nice to hear from a non-Leaf fan.

fulgorrefulgorre
02-05-2011, 10:52 AM
In a keeper I would rather own all of the guys you listed (save for Stastny) over Loui, but Eriksson is a stud for sure. As others have mentioned it will be interesting to see how much of his production is tied to Richards....

Even if he loses Richards next year he still has Ribero as a solid pivot. Not saying Ribero is as good as Richards but hes still a solid playmaker for Eriksson to produce.

Bure96
02-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Even if he loses Richards next year he still has Ribero as a solid pivot. Not saying Ribero is as good as Richards but hes still a solid playmaker for Eriksson to produce.
Do you think they would break up Ribeiro and Morrow? I don't think so. My guess is that they would transition Benn to the top center spot.