PDA

View Full Version : Brent Johnson vs. Rick DiPietro

thehockeyguy79
02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bco55y0tVf8&feature=youtu.be&a

If this isn't the NYI's season in a nutshell I don't know what is. If only goalies collected PIMS.

looch17
02-02-2011, 10:19 PM
What a surprise Cooke taking yet another cheap shot.

pjm
02-02-2011, 10:30 PM
So does Brent Johnson get the shutout? According to NHL.com the penalties were assessed at 19:43, both goalies got ejected, leaving 13 seconds unaccounted for. Not sure what happened at the end there, I didn't watch the game.

boredguy
02-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Fleury and Poulin played the last few seconds. I really don't think Johnson will get the SO.

thehockeyguy79
02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Fleury and Poulin played the last few seconds. I really don't think Johnson will get the SO.

Johnson should get credit with the win, but not the SHO.

LetGoKings
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Johnson should get credit with the win, but not the SHO.

That sucks. I spot started BJ and that would have been such a sweet SHO pickup. And to not even get the PIMs to make up for it. Ouch!

LGK

canuckthug
02-03-2011, 12:45 AM
one punch!??

szuturon
02-03-2011, 01:20 AM
That sucks. I spot started BJ and that would have been such a sweet SHO pickup. And to not even get the PIMs to make up for it. Ouch!

LGK

Yea.. but some things are worth so much more than a point in a fantasy hockey pool. It was short... but YEAAA GOALIE FIGHTS!!!

keyboard
02-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Better video:

YouTube - Brent Johnson KO's Rick DiPietro (Goalie Fight) | Feb 2nd, 2011 [HD]

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-03-2011, 02:32 AM
KO.

Dipi looks like a little bitch here. Pens announcers saying Dipi deliberately stepped out in the way and took a bit of a shot at Cookie. Any thoughts on that ?

Love Flower padding Johnson on the back after the "fight"

And Props to BJ for not striking DiPietro after he went down. Totally could have.

Cornholio
02-03-2011, 05:16 AM
KO.

Dipi looks like a little bitch here. Pens announcers saying Dipi deliberately stepped out in the way and took a bit of a shot at Cookie. Any thoughts on that ?
I don't think I can find the right words, but if it was Cooke, DiPi couldn't have beat him hard enough, that sob! :D

two24four
02-03-2011, 12:28 PM
DiPi said himself after the game that he started everything by stepping out in front of Cooke.

I dont think DiPi had any idea Johnson could throw with his left, he had his right hand all tied down, then boom.

two24four
02-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Pierre LeBrun twitter.

Rick DiPietro will be out 4-6 weeks with facial fractures and knee swelling

madsci
02-04-2011, 02:06 PM
DownGoesBrown twitter:

Your move, Pascal Leclaire. RT @NYIslanders: Rick DiPietro will be out 4-6 weeks with facial fractures and knee swelling.

:lol:

two24four
02-04-2011, 02:34 PM
It really is crazy how easy these two get hurt, it's like they are made out of glass or something.

Saw something today that said if the Isles wanted to buy DiPi out say this summer, he would be on the books till he's about 52 years old :eek:

They should have taken Heatley 1st overall back in 2000 over DiPi, I remember how shocked everyone was when they drafted DiPi 1st.

moans
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Your move, Pascal Leclaire. RT @NYIslanders: Rick DiPietro will be out 4-6 weeks with facial fractures and knee swelling.

Leclaire placed on LTIR today :lol:

Jake
02-04-2011, 06:26 PM
It really is crazy how easy these two get hurt, it's like they are made out of glass or something.

Saw something today that said if the Isles wanted to buy DiPi out say this summer, he would be on the books till he's about 52 years old :eek:

They should have taken Heatley 1st overall back in 2000 over DiPi, I remember how shocked everyone was when they drafted DiPi 1st.

Especially since a few years before they took Luongo so high in the draft. Mad Mike really did a lasting number on this team, I cant stand watching his dumb ass criticizing others for their moves, look in a mirror douche bag. Same with Millen in football (yes, I am a bitter Lions fan)

Chilly_Willy
02-04-2011, 10:43 PM
LOL as much as I hate Mad Mike he doesn't hold a candle to Millen :lol:.

With DP out for certain think Nabakov has any change of heart? Now the team REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a goalie instead of just REALLY REALLY.

IMO if Nabakov wants to look like even more of a Douche this is his chance.

b_illin
02-05-2011, 12:13 PM
LOL as much as I hate Mad Mike he doesn't hold a candle to Millen :lol:.

With DP out for certain think Nabakov has any change of heart? Now the team REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a goalie instead of just REALLY REALLY.

IMO if Nabakov wants to look like even more of a Douche this is his chance.
How does he look like a douche? He thought he was signing with the Wings, but due to NHL rule NYI got to grab him on the waivers....given that, I don't see how he is a douche for not wanting to play for that POS organization. He hasn't made a big fuss, he just said he won't report. In a similar situation I think most of would do the same.

Hamsterkill
02-05-2011, 12:51 PM
How does he look like a douche? He thought he was signing with the Wings, but due to NHL rule NYI got to grab him on the waivers....given that, I don't see how he is a douche for not wanting to play for that POS organization. He hasn't made a big fuss, he just said he won't report. In a similar situation I think most of would do the same.
It's unprofessional. And he knew when he signed that there was next to no chance he was going to wear a Wings jersey this year. Hanging up on Snow when he called after the claim doesn't make Nabby look very good either.

Jake
02-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't hold it against him at all. He didn't sign with the intention of playing for the Islanders-If you applied for position of CEO of McDonalds and suddenly that position wasn't open but a shitty mismanaged joke of a franchise offered you a job as fry cook at an undesirable location would you feel obligated to take it just because you applied at a McDonalds (albeit a different one for a much better position) and they offered you a position????

Chilly_Willy: You know what I am saying, two of the biggest idiots to hold the position of GM should not be allowed to point out their perceived mistakes of other successful GM's. I cant believe they are actually paid to give opinions and advice on matters that involve drafting or trading

Hamsterkill
02-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't hold it against him at all. He didn't sign with the intention of playing for the Islanders-If you applied for position of CEO of McDonalds and suddenly that position wasn't open but a shitty mismanaged joke of a franchise offered you a job as fry cook at an undesirable location would you feel obligated to take it just because you applied at a McDonalds (albeit a different one for a much better position) and they offered you a position????
That is not even close to a proper analogy here.

More accurately would be a person being offered a job as a server at one location of a Cheesecake Factory and accepting, and then being transferred by the Cheesecake Factory's corporate office to work as server for another location because they could use the help. In this situation, if you expect to continue working for the Cheesecake Factory, you do it. You can, of course, quit instead, but the Cheesecake Factory probably wouldn't look favorably on it if you wish to work for them again in the future. But don't worry -- there's always McDonald's.

Jake
02-05-2011, 03:07 PM
I know what you are saying and see that point as well, but it is also needs vs. wants. He doesnt need this job, he justs wants to try and win a cup. I resepect that and I think most teams see that as well. I really dont see this hurting his stock that much as he is an established player with known expectations and an experiation date (short tearm deal). He got humbled by the failed KHL attempt for more cash and wouldnt be surprised if he went to a contending team next year (if the Isles dont hold him) for a cheap contract and a chance to win it all- just like his intentions were this year

boredguy
02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
When he signed with the Wings his agent came out and said that Nabokov would play for any team where he'd be the #1 goalie. That certainly includes the Isles so that alone makes him a douche. Without that statement it wouldn't be so bad.

Chilly_Willy
02-06-2011, 04:00 AM
lol didn't mean to open up the Nabakov coulda shoulda woulda chit chat. Was really just wondering if Dipietro out changes anything. Personally I think he's a fart knocker for not reporting. He wants to be in the NHL but only on his terms, so he is therefor bigger than the game, bigger than the team. I say hell no.

He is not even willing to bite the bullet and play for 2 months knowing that if he does he can sign anywhere next season. I think he comes off looking stupid and an attitude you don't want in the locker room.