PDA

View Full Version : limited keeper trade offer

slipshots
01-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi all...

I have been offered a deal in our head to head limited keeper league. I have good depth in goaltending, (Vokoun, Halak, Howard, Crawford). I have been offered Lecavillier and Nabby, (whom I would drop to get Spezza off ir), for Vokoun and Jordan Staal. We can keep 5 skaters and 1 goalie. Lecavillier would be a borderline keeper. I am concerned about his minutes as I haven't followed him much this year so any advice on his linemates and how he is playing would be beneficial. Also worried about Vokoun being traded to a good team and losing out on a stud stats goalie. Thanks guys

Raja
01-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Keep Vokoun.

Rocklobster
01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
brutal offer, reject.

Chilly_Willy
01-30-2011, 09:41 PM
I break wind in that trade's general direction

fulgorrefulgorre
01-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Lecavalier is a bum. He hasnt been the same since his shoulder injury a few years back.

Bure96
02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Lecavalier is a bum. He hasnt been the same since his shoulder injury a few years back.

It seemed to me that his wrist injury was the one that really hurt his game. Either way, I agree that this isn't a great trade for you. I think Lecavalier is a better option than Staal, but Vokoun is by far better than Nabokov, who isn't even likely to play this season. I'd send a counter offer in the other manager's direction, however. You can afford to deal Vokoun (Halak, Howard, and Crawford are all probably better keeper options than Vokoun). See what you could get for him. It's hard to give more advice without seeing the other guy's roster.