PDA

View Full Version : KK's 2011 Picks

King_Killah
01-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Let's get back into this... Wasn't sure how I wanted to do this. I have slowed up with action, but still dive in when I see fit. Do I wanna place picks for the weekend or do it daily? Or do I just roll with what looks good or pass on the day if something looks bad.

Well... I kinda mixed both here.

Got some NBA action for this evening.

Memphis Grizzlies coming to Philadelphia as 3.5 point dogs. Philadelphia running a three-game winning streak and a four-game home winning streak. It ends at that. Grizzlies +3.5 tonight although I am feeling a Memphis win outright!

Got some NCAA(B) action also for this evening.

Siena at Loyola (MD) with Loyola being a 5 point favorite. Siena isn't as bad as their record indicates. The line should be closer and for some reason the line is at 5. Because of that, I have to go with the Mighty Greyhounds at Loyola.

Then... as much of a joke that this is, I hopped on the AFC at +1 over the NFC in the Pro Bowl. The world looks to be hopping on the NFC for some reason, and with a heavy concensus play, I have to rock the opposite. Come kick off, this may be a pick 'em. Either way. I'll go AFC.

dw13
01-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Cornell -4
Wisc-GB ML

Good luck

King_Killah
01-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Cornell -4
Wisc-GB ML

Good luck

Ughhh.....

King_Killah
01-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Figured I might as well kick the running total...

NBA: 1-0 / +100
NCAA(B): 0-1 / -100
NFL: 0-1 / -100

Super Bowl plays:

Green Bay -3..... Not happy or comfortable with this pick. But wouldn't have been happy or comfortable going the other way either. So we add the OVER and HEADS!

King_Killah
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by KK's Running Total
NBA: 1-0 / +100
NCAA(B): 0-1 / -100
NFL: 3-1 / +200

A three-fer on Super Bowl Sunday!!!!

dw13
02-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Kansas/Mizzou under 156
Tenn State ML

dw13
02-07-2011, 11:32 PM
0-4 on picks in this thread.

You're killing me KK.

King_Killah
09-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Well......... With the first official NFL week here, I figured...again, it's time to kick this thing off. I ended up 3-1 last week vs. NCAA(F), but I won't include those picks since I didn't show those to be official last week... I know some games kicked off for today's games, but I will post my plays now to make them HI official.

Wisconsin -21 over Oregon State
Air Force -1 over TCU
Temple -15 over Akron
Michigan +3 over Notre Dame

Wanted South Carolina -3 and Alabama -10 also, but backed off.

Wisconsin is currently up, they should blow apart Oregon State. I took Baylor straight up last week over TCU on a gut feeling, and what a crazy ass game that was last week. I am kinda scared to take Air Force here and bet against TCU back to back weeks because TCU is the better team, but I think that TCU is deflated after that loss last week. Temple! F*ck Akron! ...and I should know better than to put plays on Michigan, but f*ck Notre Dame, go BLUE!

NFL plays to come later this evening and/or Sunday morning!

King_Killah
09-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Well......... With the first official NFL week here, I figured...again, it's time to kick this thing off. I ended up 3-1 last week vs. NCAA(F), but I won't include those picks since I didn't show those to be official last week... I know some games kicked off for today's games, but I will post my plays now to make them HI official.

Wisconsin -21 over Oregon State
Air Force -1 over TCU
Temple -15 over Akron
Michigan +3 over Notre Dame

Wanted South Carolina -3 and Alabama -10 also, but backed off.

Wisconsin is currently up, they should blow apart Oregon State. I took Baylor straight up last week over TCU on a gut feeling, and what a crazy ass game that was last week. I am kinda scared to take Air Force here and bet against TCU back to back weeks because TCU is the better team, but I think that TCU is deflated after that loss last week. Temple! F*ck Akron! ...and I should know better than to put plays on Michigan, but f*ck Notre Dame, go BLUE!

NFL plays to come later this evening and/or Sunday morning!

Win, Loss, Win, Win..... and the woulda, coulda, shoulda plays would have went 1-0-1.

NFL Sunday....... WEEK 1

My plays for week one are:

Steelers +1.5 over Baltimore
Steelers UNDER 37.5
Atlanta -1.5 over Chicago
Indy +9
San Diego -8.5
Washington +1.5
Dallas +6.5

Just don't think Baltimore will hold up their end of the total... Atlanta will win the NFC this year. The Colts opened as favorites, Manning is OUT, the line jumps remarkably to Houston -8... Now it's at Houston -9. I think there is an underestimation on Indy here. Too many points. Texans should win SU, but -9??? F*ck Donovan McNabb. Now traditionally, SD starts slow, but they get Donovan McNabb. The Giants are banged up... The Skins right now are better than what most are giving them credit for. Lastly, Dallas... Quietly under the radar. I loved the line upening at +4.5, and the Jet money still comes in bumping the line to +6.5. All over it.

Good luck.

King_Killah
09-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Win, Loss, Win, Win..... and the woulda, coulda, shoulda plays would have went 1-0-1.

NFL Sunday....... WEEK 1

My plays for week one are:

Steelers +1.5 over Baltimore
Steelers UNDER 37.5
Atlanta -1.5 over Chicago
Indy +9
San Diego -8.5
Washington +1.5
Dallas +6.5

Just don't think Baltimore will hold up their end of the total... Atlanta will win the NFC this year. The Colts opened as favorites, Manning is OUT, the line jumps remarkably to Houston -8... Now it's at Houston -9. I think there is an underestimation on Indy here. Too many points. Texans should win SU, but -9??? F*ck Donovan McNabb. Now traditionally, SD starts slow, but they get Donovan McNabb. The Giants are banged up... The Skins right now are better than what most are giving them credit for. Lastly, Dallas... Quietly under the radar. I loved the line upening at +4.5, and the Jet money still comes in bumping the line to +6.5. All over it.

Good luck.

Nothing like giving back Saturday's positive movement on Sunday! Have to admit I am shocked at the Pittsburgh result. Have to say I am surprised at the result of the Falcons game. God the Colts are awful without Manning. Really... The Chargers couldn't bury the Vikings after McTerd only goes for 39?? But......... my big plays, the Skins and the Cowboys come through!

Week two NFL should turn around!

King_Killah
09-17-2011, 08:29 AM
A couple of plays for today.

Temple +7 over Penn State... This one has me second guessing... It opened at +12.5 and all the Temple money dropped this line huge. I would have liked the double digits, anything less than a full 7, I would have faded it.

Notre Dame -5 over Michigan State... I know MichSTATE plays Dame well all the time, but Dame needs to win this game.

Wisconsin -17 over NorthILL... This would be the third week on the books with Wisconsin, can I get three straight winners with them?

Auburn +3.5 over Clemson... Think this one will be close, within a FG either way. I'll take the hook with Auburn.

I'll post late games later if I dabble.

dw13
09-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Hate posting here because it's bad luck but whatever :p

Auburn +3.5
Texas -3.5
WV/Maryland U28.5 1H

Good luck, I probably won't touch anything else considering I'll be hammered in the Swamp.

King_Killah
09-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Hate posting here because it's bad luck but whatever :p

Auburn +3.5
Texas -3.5
WV/Maryland U28.5 1H

Good luck, I probably won't touch anything else considering I'll be hammered in the Swamp.

Certainly seems like it!

Damn Auburn!

Temple covers... I was pulling for the SU win.

King_Killah
09-17-2011, 06:27 PM
A couple of plays for today.

Temple +7 over Penn State... This one has me second guessing... It opened at +12.5 and all the Temple money dropped this line huge. I would have liked the double digits, anything less than a full 7, I would have faded it.

Notre Dame -5 over Michigan State... I know MichSTATE plays Dame well all the time, but Dame needs to win this game.

Wisconsin -17 over NorthILL... This would be the third week on the books with Wisconsin, can I get three straight winners with them?

Auburn +3.5 over Clemson... Think this one will be close, within a FG either way. I'll take the hook with Auburn.

I'll post late games later if I dabble.

3-1... We'll take it... Hopefully I don't give it back tomorrow with the NFL.

DW - nice hit on that Texas play, but that Maryland 1stH under... Ugghhh...

King_Killah
09-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Do I jinx shit by posting the running totals???

NCAA(F): 6-2
NFL: 2-5

dw13
09-17-2011, 07:09 PM
3-1... We'll take it... Hopefully I don't give it back tomorrow with the NFL.

DW - nice hit on that Texas play, but that Maryland 1stH under... Ugghhh...

:lol::lol:

I'm so bad when I post here. I had other plays in but the ones I posted were 2 unit plays unfortunately.

I'm just getting in after a long day in the heat. We'll see if I get on action tomorrow.

King_Killah
09-18-2011, 12:27 PM
I have the Steelers -14.5 today, also took Washington -4, and Buffalo -3. 4:00 I have the Pats -7.

King_Killah
09-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Taking Cincinnati -7 tonight over NC State.

NCAA(F): 6-2
NFL 4-6-1

King_Killah
09-24-2011, 09:15 AM
College ball Saturday in amongst us!

Here is what is on tap for today:

Duke -10 over Tulane
Alabama ML over Arkansas @ -400 :$
Clemson -2.5 over Florida State
Vanderbilt +16 over South Carolina
LSU -6 over WestVA

Good luck!

NCAA(F): 7-2
NFL: 4-6-1

dw13
09-24-2011, 10:02 AM
That Bama pick makes very little sense. I see no reward in it at -400

Notre Dame -7
Florida -19.5
Arizona State -2.5

Good luck mate!

King_Killah
09-25-2011, 07:21 AM
That Bama pick makes very little sense. I see no reward in it at -400

Notre Dame -7
Florida -19.5
Arizona State -2.5

Good luck mate!

It's one of those "guaranteed money" things. I didn't think there was anyway that the Tide were losing, I just wasn't confident in laying -12.5.

Nice hit on the Florida game... That is another one I wasn't comfortable with the number and was actually gonna par it with Alabama, but I am trying to avoid the parlays at this point in the season.

I had winners again... Duke, 'bama, Clemson, LSU = winners... Goddamn stinkin' Vanderbilt = loser. They even had a 2nd chance to backdoor cover when SoCAR had the TD taken off the board. I just needed a lousy field goal out of them to cover, I wasn't asking them to win outright. But I'll take a 4-1 day, anyday.

NCAA(F): 11-3
NFL: 4-6-1

Looking to improve on the NFL today, hopefully get to the plus side. Will get those picks in shortly.

King_Killah
09-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Here we go - just checked in:

1:00pm

Detroit -3 @ Minnesota..... Big giant TERD on McNabb.
Carolina -3 vs. Jacksonville... While I don't expect another 400yards out of Newton, I do expect his first win.
4:00pm

Oakland +3 vs. NYJ... Sorry DW. There is something about this line here. ...and its the same theory I had last week playing against Oakland. I don't really like west traveling east or east traveling west.
Baltimore -5 @ St. Louis. The Rams are in trouble. I expect this game to be ugly.
Late:

Lay the lumber..... Pittsburgh -10.5 @ Indy. The Colts have shown they can't do shit.
Good luck.

King_Killah
09-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Here we go - just checked in:

Detroit -3 @ Minnesota..... Big giant TERD on McNabb.
Carolina -3 vs. Jacksonville... While I don't expect another 400yards out of Newton, I do expect his first win.

Oakland +3 vs. NYJ... Sorry DW. There is something about this line here. ...and its the same theory I had last week playing against Oakland. I don't really like west traveling east or east traveling west.
Baltimore -5 @ St. Louis. The Rams are in trouble. I expect this game to be ugly.
Late:

Lay the lumber..... Pittsburgh -10.5 @ Indy. The Colts have shown they can't do shit.
Good luck.

3-1-1... I'll take it. Puts me at even in the NFL for the year.

NCAA(F): 11-3
NFL: 7-7-2

King_Killah
10-01-2011, 09:03 AM
College Ball....

Not 100% thrilled with the selections today, but here we go:

Navy -3 over Air Force
Temple -8 over Toledo
Clemson +7 over Virginia Tech
Wisconsin -9.5 over Nebraska

Good luck.

dw13
10-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Lets see if I can pull above .500 today.

NW +10 vs Illinois
Texas -9 vs Iowa State
FIU -3 vs Duke

Only on 3 games. Heading to the Swamp. Go Gators!

dw13
10-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Awful night at the Swamp. Atleast I'm home early. :\

2-1 today. Brings me to 5-4 in NCAA in this thread.

NCAA(F): 5-4
NFL: 0-0

Minnesota -3
Detroit +2.5
Buffalo -3
New Orleans -7

Good luck! Won't be around until the Sunday Night game!

King_Killah
10-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Mushing your Buffalo play....

Taking:

Cincinnati +3
Bears -7
Chargers -6.5

There are no games/totals that I love until the MNF game.

Split college ball yesterday. Temple couldn't do shit, I think Navy got robbed, too... Wisconsin though... 5-0 playing them! Clemson!

NCAA(F): 13-5
NFL: 7-7-2

King_Killah
10-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Dammit, I forgot to post the MNF game... Had the freakin' Colts, too... Balls.......

Anyway... NCAA(F), here we go:

Texas Longhorns +10.5

LSU -13.5
Notre Dame -14

Michigan -7
Auburn +9.5

NCAA(F): 13-5
NFL: 9-8-2

Good luck.

dw13
10-08-2011, 10:09 AM
TCU/SDSU o55 - Got on that line early in the week, think it's 56.5 now.

Arizona State -4

Arizona -2.5

King_Killah
10-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Looking at NFL numbers right now.

3-2 yesterday. Not what I expected, but I'll take it.

NCAA(F): 16-7
NFL: 9-8-2

I didn't expect Texas to get run like that at home, I didn't think they'd win, but at least the number looked appetitizing. ...and Auburn, ughh... I was tossed up between Auburn +the points and Temple -the points, and lost trust in Temple. Should have believed!!!!

NFL plays coming in a few!

King_Killah
10-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Well.... with the first bye week upon us, the pickins are slim, but here is where I go:

Indianapolis Colts at home -2 over Kansas City - no the Colts aren't that good, but the Chiefs are that bad!
Arizona on the road +3 over Minnesota - Kolb sends McNabb packing again!
Oakland on the road +5 over Houston - No Andre Johnson + the passing of Al Davis, Oakland OUTRIGHT today!

New England Patriots at home -7 ovrt NYJ - I know, the Jets won two over NE, but there is no team NE wants to demolish more right now.
DENVER BRONCOS +3.5 at home over San Diego - SD the better team, but for some reason can't play IN Denver. Take the home points.

We'll leave it at this right now... Let's see how the numbers shake out. If its a down day, I just may call it quits for the day, I don't wanna chase the money going into an epic late game (GB @ Atlanta) and that MNF game is shaky.

I wanted to hop all over Buffalo too, but feel its the classic "trap" here. Clearly, Buffalo has been playing better. 3-1 vs. Philly's 1-3, they are at home instead of in Philly. They have a monster run game that Philly likely won't be able to handle. So why is the number Philly -3. Not buying it, not sold enough on Philly to take that side either. Another game I almost got swindled into was the Giants -10. Don't like this number at all. Too much, even for the shitty ass SeaFrauds.

dw13
10-09-2011, 09:24 AM
It wasn't really a 'home' game for Texas, I mean, it's the Cotton bowl. 50/50. I didn't expect them to get blown out that bad but I hope you didn't put money on it thinking they were playing in Austin...

Probably staying off NFL today. Not enough time to look and I won't even be around to watch any.

dw13
10-09-2011, 11:15 AM
NCAA: 8-5
NFL: 3-2

Decided to get on a few games even though I hate being on action I can't watch:

Tampa +3
Arizona +3.5
Oakland +5

King_Killah
10-10-2011, 05:49 PM
NCAA: 8-5
NFL: 3-2

Decided to get on a few games even though I hate being on action I can't watch:

Tampa +3
Arizona +3.5
Oakland +5

What the f*ck happened to Tampa??? I have officially placed them in the FRAUD category. The category that solely belonged to the Seahawks is now a shared category.

......and Arizona??? For shame Kevin Kolb for allowing a Donovan McNabb team to beat you. For shame. Albeit, yes, if it weren't for Adrian Peterson, the Vikings wouldn't have done squat...not the point.

King_Killah
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
It wasn't really a 'home' game for Texas, I mean, it's the Cotton bowl. 50/50. I didn't expect them to get blown out that bad but I hope you didn't put money on it thinking they were playing in Austin...

Probably staying off NFL today. Not enough time to look and I won't even be around to watch any.

I didn't expect them to get whomped... I thought it was pretty amazing that the stadium was equally divided.

King_Killah
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
...................on that note:

Detroit Lions -6.5 over the Bears. Lions first MNF home game in how long???? Detroit is actually playing good or better on both sides of the ball. F* Cutler.

NCAA(F):16-7
NFL: 12-11-2

We call that a win.

King_Killah
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
By the way..... USC -3 over Cal tonight....

King_Killah
10-15-2011, 08:33 AM
USC..... another win! Starting to get cocky and arrogant.... someone needs to real me in. I got NINE in today. This is when things start to get bad. But anyway... Let's roll.

Michigan +3 over Michigan State... Michigan is for real... A lot of spots I am seeing Blue as the favorites.

Mississippi State +3 over South Carolina...

Those are my only two dogs, the rest is all chalk. ...and lot's of chalk at that.

Temple -21 over Buffalo.

Rutgers -3.5 over Navy.
Oklahoma State -7 over Texas.
Georgia Tech -7 over Virginia.

Clemson -7 over Maryland.
Stanford -21 over Washington State.
Oklahoma -35.5 over Kansas.

Good luck........

dw13
10-15-2011, 08:45 AM
You love laying those big numbers huh? 2 21's and a 35.5? Eee, I leave them alone even though you'll probably hit them now! :D

Pitt -6 over Utah
S. Carolina -3 over Miss St
GA Tech -7 over Virginia
East Carolina -14 over Memphis

suckerpuncher
10-15-2011, 08:48 AM
USC..... another win! Starting to get cocky and arrogant.... someone needs to real me in. I got NINE in today. This is when things start to get bad. But anyway... Let's roll.
Since you asked for this.
I still hold a 1 game lead over you in "our" College Pick'em pool so you can't be that great. :D:D:D

Btw. Why are the Rams tomorrow only 15 points dog against the Pack?
They have no NFL worthy CB, they are going against one of the past passing attacks in the game, they play outside and not in a dome and they have lost by more points against weaker opponents. :confused:

dw13
10-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Seriously? SC? Seriously? A SAFETY to blow it?

I'm not having a good start. Ga Tech down, Pitt lost.

Ugly.

dw13
10-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Against my will I'm going to add:

Florida/Auburn U51
Texas Tech -3.5
Stanford -20

dw13
10-15-2011, 09:34 PM
3-4 day overall. Saved it late in the night, not horrible.

NFL plays in the morning, hopefully.

King_Killah
10-16-2011, 07:05 AM
After all that nonsense... Ended up 5-4. Really??? Dammit. That's good though. It still in on the plus side. ....and I think it was enough to real me back in from playing so many games.

I know better than to play on Michigan. Everytime I do they tank. ...and it seems like when they roll, MichSTATE is the roadblock. Hahaha... I was gonna go with the MissSTATE OUTRIGHT win over SC, but decided the better option was the points. I'll take those three points, thank you! Temple! Rutgers, really... You can't cover the 3.5 at home? Bastards. OkSTATE, too much for Texas. GaTECH, what happened??? Clemson...what a freakin' game. Didn't get to see any of this one, but watching the scores, didn't they come back from 17 or 18 twice, to not only win but cover. Stanford. Too much. Finally... Oklahoma. I figured if the number was 35-36 that they should have won by 60. They had a shot to backdoor it if they didn't throw the INT in the last 6 or 7 minutes. If they could have scored on that drive, they would have stopped Kansas and got the ball back with enough time to nail one more TD.

Oh well... I'll take that 5-4, and I'll come back with my NFL picks momentarily.

King_Killah
10-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Alright... just ran through the lines, and there are actually quite a few that I like. I stopped at 5 games though, 4 - 1:00pm's and 1 - 4:00pm.

Green Bay -14 over St. Louis. Really, only 14. This game should be murder.

Washington +3 over Philly. Now I know Philly has to turn it around at some point. I honestly can't see it being this week. No, I don't think Washington's offense is as "explosive" as Philly's, but Washington's defense is solid enough to contain Philly which will let Washington's offense be able to manage the scoreboard. I don't think Philly will be able to stop the three-headed run attack and I don't think they can stop Fred Davis. I will hold off on playing Philly until after their bye-week. I'll grab those 3 points at home.

Cincinnati -6 over Indianapolis. Personally I think the Bengals are gonna rape the Colts here. Indy IS that bad and Cincy is good on both sides of the ball. Somehow. Wasn't Cincy supposed to be in all this turmoil with Palmer demanding to be traded or he was retiring? Supposedly there was no team unity. Dalton, Green, Gresham... Nice work fellas.

Ravens -7 over Houston. Really, Houston replaces Andre Johnson with Derrick Mason??? Wow... I can see a whomping here.

Lastly... I can't believe I am doing this two weeks in a row, but the Oakland Raiders -6.5 over Cleveland should be straight up gold. Raiders playing well coupled with Cleveland traveling west, I can see a TD win.

Good luck.

King_Killah
10-16-2011, 07:23 AM
NCAA(F): 22-11
NFL: 12-11-2

Updated.

dw13
10-16-2011, 09:55 AM
NCAA: 12-9
NFL: 6-7

Pack -14
Jags/Steelers U41
NE/Dallas O55
Clev/Oak O44.5
Det/SF O46

Riding a lot of overs!

GL!

King_Killah
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
NCAA(F): 16-7
NFL: 16-12-2

I am definitely not tagging 9 games this week (that's the plan anyway...) but I do have one going tonight...

Taking Rutgers SU over Louisville. The line I have is Rutgers +1.5. Watch Louisville win 21-20! Decided to play the few extra sheckles on the ML, looking for a Scarlet Knights straight up winner.

Any thoughts on West Virginia -14 @ Syracuse???? I was liking WestVA early in the week, and had the number dip to -12.5, but it went back up to the -14. Late Syracuse action. Two touches??? I'll leave it be, unless I hear some overwhelming convincing comments.

Good luck.....

DW, how did those OVERS do???

dw13
10-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Overs didn't play out well. Some close ones, tough luck.

Went 2-3.

NCAA: 15-13
NFL: 8-10

Been real cold lately, so I'm going to go with my the brain call on this one.

WV -14 -- Can't see the Orange stopping Geno Smith.

Hopefully I'll be around in the morning tomorrow for my plays. GL!

dw13
10-22-2011, 12:22 AM
WVU is shit.

Arkansas -15 over Miss
Northwestern +4.5 vs Penn St
Miami/GT U62.5
UL Monroe -6 over North Texas

Won't be around all day to watch most of my action. Good luck, KK.

King_Killah
10-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Dammit that +1.5 wouldn't have even helped me... I hate coming into the weekend chasing... But, it is what it is...

DW - I don't wanna mush your Northwestern play, but I like it, so I am hopping on it also. I like that you got the hook, I only got it at +4, but I'll take it.

Plays:

Clemson -10 over North Carolina

Temple -14 over Bowling Green

Northwestern +4 over Penn State
Alabama -29.5 over Tennessee

Oklahoma -29 over Texas Tech
Washington +20 over Stanford
Stanford SU over Washington
Wisconsin -7 over Michigan State

Good luck!!!

NCAA(F): 16-8

suckerpuncher
10-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I am definitely not tagging 9 games this week (that's the plan anyway...) but I do have one going tonight...

1 + 8 = ??? :lol::lol::lol:

Btw. You really think both Alabama and Oklahoma will cover those 29+ points? Seems a really high number for both. And what's the line for Stanford SU? Roughly -1000? Not much profit to make there.

dw13
10-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Adding:

UL Lafayette -3 over WKentucky
Kansas +11 vs Kansas St

King_Killah
10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
1 + 8 = ??? :lol::lol::lol:

Btw. You really think both Alabama and Oklahoma will cover those 29+ points? Seems a really high number for both. And what's the line for Stanford SU? Roughly -1000? Not much profit to make there.

I know, I know!!!!!!

Stanford SU is at -1200. Yeah, terrible pay out, but it's one of those "guaranteed" money things! I am hoping that they both cover the 29. I was gonna bang out Boise State -30, but thought that would have been too many big numbers.

dw13
10-22-2011, 10:09 PM
What an awful day. Seriously. Wow.

I'll be back tomorrow for some plays.

King_Killah
10-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Certainly not the outcome I was looking for...

WINNERS - Clemson; Alabama; Stanford SU
LOSERS - Temple; Northwestern; Oklahoma; Washington; Wisconsin
(Sorry DW for mushing that N'Western play)

Coming into Sunday really chasing. Don't like that at all.

Anyway... Here we go with some picks...Was looking at several games; even was looking at the first teasers of the season, but I actually backed off and just went with four sides.

1:00

Tampa Bay +1.5 over Chicago in London...
Denver Broncos -1.5 @ Miami

4:00

Dallas -14 @ St. Louis
Green Bay -10 @ Minnesota

Giving up a lot of points on the road. Really, does Minnesota have any shot at Green Bay??? ......and for that matter, does St. Louis have any shot at Dallas? I guess, you could say the Rams do, depending on which Tony Romo shows up. Also, AJ Feeley does have experience, but that offense is horrific. As for the Broncos, as has been mentioned all week long, this is going to be a "home" game for the Broncos, at least for Tebow. The Dolphins are hideous. The London game... My thinking here is that the Buccs have been overseas all week long practicing on the shitty ass soccer turf while the Bears just go there Friday. I still don't believe the Yuccs are as bad as the 49ers made them out to be, and I don't believe in Cutler.

Good luck....hope there is a bounce back after yesterday's debacle. Depending on what happens with these four, I may be back with the late game.

NCAA(F): 19-13

dw13
10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm on Tennessee, Jets, Green Bay

GL

keyboard
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey, boys. Forgot about this thread.

I'm up 3.5 units in my first week of hockey, so that's been kind of awesome.

NFL teaser today at 8.5 points with ties winning:
Carolina Panthers +7 * vs Washington Redskins
Dallas Cowboys -6 * vs St. Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers -2 * vs Minnesota Vikings
Baltimore Ravens -2 * vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Hopefully I win the first three and I'm going to hedge the shit out of JAX for the late game.

Good luck.

keyboard
10-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Trying to decide if I should hedge my bet with JAX +9.5 on Monday.

Also, adding PHX ML for a half unit tonight.

b_illin
10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I looked into this a couple of years back but it clearly didn't stick, so maybe one of you can help explain how to understand betting lines.

saveur
10-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I looked into this a couple of years back but it clearly didn't stick, so maybe one of you can help explain how to understand betting lines.
Odds
Since you live in NA, the most common type of odds you're going to run into is American odds. American odds are in the form of a positive or negative number based on 100 base wagers. So if you see a positive number (ex. +120), it's stating how much money you would win if you made a standard $100 bet (so risk $100 to win $120). If you see a negative number (ex. -110), it's stating how much money you have to risk to win $100 (so risk $110 to win $100). Teams where you bet on the positive number are known as underdogs, teams where you bet on the negative number are known as favorites (obviously favorites are the teams that the public thinks will more likely win the game).

Moneyline versus Point Spreads
In sports like football or basketball, there's a lot of games where the winner is obvious (ex. Saints vs the Colts last night). So these matchups would have a large favourite vs a large underdog (ex. -600 vs +500). Laying money on a team to win straight-up is called making a Moneyline, or ML, bet. Upsets happen though, so you probably don't want to lay $600 to win $100 all the time or else you would have to win 6 bets for every loss. And you don't want to bet on the underdog all the time either cause large upsets don't happen all that often.

This is where point spreads come in. By taking or giving up points you bring the odds down to around -110. Tonight, the Ravens are 10 point favourites against the Jaguars. So you'll see a -10 beside the Ravens and a +10 beside the Jaguars for the point spread lines. If you bet on the Ravens point spread then that means the Ravens have to win 11 or more for you to win your bet (they "cover the spread"). If they win by 10 it's a push and you get your money back, if they win by 9 or less (or lose) you lose your money. On the other side if you bet the Jaguars spread they only have to lose by 9 or less (or win) for you to win your bet. Essentially you're just subtracting/adding the spread that you bet to the team's total and seeing if they win.

keyboard
10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Trying to decide if I should hedge my bet with JAX +9.5 on Monday.

Also, adding PHX ML for a half unit tonight.Couple easy wins yesterday.

Thinking of betting MTL for a half unit. Really think they are due for a win and probably won't lose both of their next two games at home.

I looked into this a couple of years back but it clearly didn't stick, so maybe one of you can help explain how to understand betting lines.Got to be more specific than that.

keyboard
10-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Ended up betting JAX to make 1 unit profit on the ML, or if BAL wins I make 2 units. Hedging is cowardly but guaranteed money is nice.

Ended up getting MTL at -123, going with only a half unit. As bad as FLA is I just really don't care for MTL's team chemistry.

Good luck if anyone bets tonight.

suckerpuncher
10-24-2011, 06:14 PM
@b_illin
Short answer is the lines represent the probability each bookie gives a certain outcome of a game. You can easily derive the probability if you use Decimal lines.
-110 is rouhghly 1.91 in Decimal. Now you do 1 / Decimal odds and you get the probability.
1 / 1.91 = .0523 == 52.3%

But as you can see it's bigger than 50% it normally should be when both outcomes have the same probablity (50% or even odds).

This is due to the vigorish each bookie puts in his lines.
This vig guarantees that the bookie gets his cut no matter what the outcome of the game is. In NFL spread games where both sides get -110 the vig is about 4.55%. Therefore bookies try to adjust the spread so there's roughly the same amount of money on each side to maximize their earnings.

In ML/RL/PL bets or here in Europe soccer bets (where there are 3 possible outcomes) the vig can be even bigger. Up to 10+% is quite possible especially in more exotic leagues and sports.

Whenever you see a line try breaking it down into Decimal odds and check for the probability (of course deduct a couple % due to the vig). If you feel that one side is grossly undervalued than jump on that side. But of course that takes a lot of knowledge in a certain sports to do.

In the end check wikipedia for vigorish or better Fixed-odds_gambling. From there you should find enough links.

King_Killah
10-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Not the best of weekends....

NCAA(F): 19-13
NFL: 18-14-2

b_illin
10-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Odds
Since you live in NA, the most common type of odds you're going to run into is American odds. American odds are in the form of a positive or negative number based on 100 base wagers. So if you see a positive number (ex. +120), it's stating how much money you would win if you made a standard $100 bet (so risk $100 to win $120). If you see a negative number (ex. -110), it's stating how much money you have to risk to win $100 (so risk $110 to win $100). Teams where you bet on the positive number are known as underdogs, teams where you bet on the negative number are known as favorites (obviously favorites are the teams that the public thinks will more likely win the game).

Moneyline versus Point Spreads
In sports like football or basketball, there's a lot of games where the winner is obvious (ex. Saints vs the Colts last night). So these matchups would have a large favourite vs a large underdog (ex. -600 vs +500). Laying money on a team to win straight-up is called making a Moneyline, or ML, bet. Upsets happen though, so you probably don't want to lay $600 to win $100 all the time or else you would have to win 6 bets for every loss. And you don't want to bet on the underdog all the time either cause large upsets don't happen all that often.

This is where point spreads come in. By taking or giving up points you bring the odds down to around -110. Tonight, the Ravens are 10 point favourites against the Jaguars. So you'll see a -10 beside the Ravens and a +10 beside the Jaguars for the point spread lines. If you bet on the Ravens point spread then that means the Ravens have to win 11 or more for you to win your bet (they "cover the spread"). If they win by 10 it's a push and you get your money back, if they win by 9 or less (or lose) you lose your money. On the other side if you bet the Jaguars spread they only have to lose by 9 or less (or win) for you to win your bet. Essentially you're just subtracting/adding the spread that you bet to the team's total and seeing if they win.
Thanks man, the top part I remembered, but the bttm part I did not. If I am betting using the spread as you described how does the money breakdown work out? Eg. Let's say that I had picked the Ravens to beat that 10 pt spread and let's say I had laid down $100. I would have lost that $100. What if I had picked the Jags to beat that spread and had bet $100 - how much would I have won?

Thanks!!

@b_illin
Short answer is the lines represent the probability each bookie gives a certain outcome of a game. You can easily derive the probability if you use Decimal lines.
-110 is rouhghly 1.91 in Decimal. Now you do 1 / Decimal odds and you get the probability.
1 / 1.91 = .0523 == 52.3%

Thanks Sucker! I am curious how you determined that -110 is roughly 1.91 in decimal though....drawing blanks on how to figure that out.

suckerpuncher
10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Normally bookie websites give you an option to view the lines in either of the 3 versions.

But here's a quick tutorial.

If it's a negative number do:
take a way the -
divide by 100
then do 1 / result
in the end add 1

-110 -> 110
110 / 100 -> 1.1
1 / 1.1 -> 0.91
0.91 + 1 -> 1.91

if it's a positive line do:
divide by 100
add 1

+110 / 100 -> 1.1
1.1 + 1 -> 2.1

Now you can convert Decimal lines in American lines and even vice versa. Just start add the end and do the opposite.

b_illin
10-27-2011, 01:52 PM
^ thanks. (and I feel very stupid right now for having asked how you got that number :lol:)

saveur
10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks man, the top part I remembered, but the bttm part I did not. If I am betting using the spread as you described how does the money breakdown work out? Eg. Let's say that I had picked the Ravens to beat that 10 pt spread and let's say I had laid down $100. I would have lost that $100. What if I had picked the Jags to beat that spread and had bet $100 - how much would I have won?

Thanks!!

You'll see the odds beside the spread.

http://www.pinnaclesports.com/League/Football/NFL/1/Lines.aspx

suckerpuncher
10-27-2011, 04:28 PM
That's the beauty of using Decimal lines. Just multiply the lines with the amount of money you put in and you'll know what you get out if your bet wins.
You can even mulitply multiple lines when you do a parlay since it's simple math (granted a calculator can come in handy).

King_Killah
10-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Alright ladies..... Here we go! Only one early game and its a last minute add on, and I am actually not happy I did it, but.......

Michigan -14 over Purdue

Then let's hit mid-afternoon with:

Maryland -7 over Boston College
Illinois +5.5 over Penn State
Baylor +14 over Oklahoma State

I was tempted to take my first total and go OVER 81 in the Baylor/Oklahoma State game, but backed off.

From the mid-afternoon, we hit prime time:

Clemson -3 over Georgia Tech
Ohio State +7 over Wisconsin
Stanford -7 over USC

It's still a lot of plays, but hey, it's not 9! I added Michigan last minute to get an odd amount of games played and figured since I didn't have an early start game, had to go there. Good luck!

dw13
10-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Michigan State +4.5 vs Nebraska
Maryland -6.5 over BC
Rutgers/WVU U52

Might add on later. Didn't make it to Jacksonville due to a sick daughter, so I need to bet to cheer me up.

dw13
10-29-2011, 11:46 PM
It gets worse.

It took WVU/Rutgers a half, in the snow to go over my bet. Unreal.

We'll keep fighting tomorrow.

King_Killah
11-02-2011, 07:01 PM
I'll update the NCAA(F) Saturday later, but wanted to drop this one in quickly...

Temple -3.5. Go Owls!

keyboard
11-03-2011, 08:58 AM
NSH tonight, going a little big on it. Good luck.

King_Killah
11-04-2011, 05:40 PM
What a terrible slightly better than OK Saturday and a bad Wednesday... Friday has to be the turnaround, right???

USC -20 over Colorado.

Anyone any thoughts on Central Michigan/Kent State -2???

NCAA(F): 23-17

King_Killah
11-05-2011, 10:21 AM
USC = winner!

NCAA(F): 24-17

Lots of big numbers on the board... Boise State -42.5, wow... Anyway, what we have on tap for now:

Michigan -3 over Iowa
Texas Tech +14 over Texas
Florida -13.5 over Vanderbilt
Stanford -20.5 over Oregon State
LSU +5 over Alabama
Oklahoma State -21 over Kansas State
Oregon -16.5 over Washington

Good luck.... Hopefully...the three 12pm games start me off right!!!

King_Killah
11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
USC = winner!

Lots of big numbers on the board... Boise State -42.5, wow... Anyway, what we have on tap for now:

Michigan -3 over Iowa -- BULLSHIT! TWO BAD CALLS AT THE EOG.
Texas Tech +14 over Texas -- CRUSHED.
Florida -13.5 over Vanderbilt -- REALLY?
Stanford -20.5 over Oregon State -- ALWAYS RELIABLE!
LSU +5 over Alabama -- THAT'S RIGHT, OUTRIGHT!
Oklahoma State -21 over Kansas State -- COME ON OKstate.
Oregon -16.5 over Washington -- BY THE SLIMMEST OF MARGINS!

Good luck.... Hopefully...the three 12pm games start me off right!!!

3-4 yesterday... Certainly not what I wanted, but could have been worse!

NCAA(F): 27-21

King_Killah
11-06-2011, 11:02 AM
1:00pm:

Atlanta -6.5 over Indianapolis -- STOMP!
San Francisco -5 over Washington -- NINERS FOR REAL??? OR PRODUCT OF SHITTY OPPONENTS???

4:00pm:

Cincinnati +2 over Tennessee -- BENGALS, FOR REAL!
St. Louis +3 over Arizona -- TWO SHITTY TEAMS, ONE'S JUST SHITTIER!
Green Bay -5 over San Diego -- RIDICULOUS THAT IT TURNED OUT CLOSER THAN IT REALLY WAS. PACK OFFENSE = SICK!

Hope we don't need 8:00pm to bounce back!

Leaving 8:00pm alone! Solid day to make up for Saturday's nonsense!

NFL: 22-15-2

Kinda pissed at that StL/Zona outcome... Bradford couldn't put it away. The punt return in OT by Peterson was pretty nice though.

dw13
11-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Miami/KC U41
Tenn -2 over Cinci
Washington +5.5 vs SF

Not many I like. We'll see how those 3 play out.

dw13
11-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Adding Jets/Bengals in a teaser both to +8 at -110

moans
11-06-2011, 12:23 PM
made a couple parlays for the early games
1: atl, kc, buf @ 3.27
2: atl, kc, hou, dal, no @ 3.2
3: atl, kc, hou, dal, no, buf, sf @ 7.34

Might toss in another one or two later, we'll see how it goes.

King_Killah
11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
made a couple parlays for the early games
1: atl, kc, buf @ 3.27
2: atl, kc, hou, dal, no @ 3.2
3: atl, kc, hou, dal, no, buf, sf @ 7.34

Might toss in another one or two later, we'll see how it goes.

Wow.... KC killed ya!!!! Were these all SU or against the number??? Oh...and I am sure its a typo, but how is line 1 @ 3.27 and line 2 @ 3.2 with two extra plays?

King_Killah
11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Adding Jets/Bengals in a teaser both to +8 at -110

That's a WINNER!!!!

King_Killah
11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Miami/KC U41
Tenn -2 over Cinci
Washington +5.5 vs SF

Not many I like. We'll see how those 3 play out.

Not too good, huh!

King_Killah
11-11-2011, 07:05 PM
4-1 last Sunday was a nice little day. Was enough to keep me away from the Sunday late game, the Monday game, the Wednesday game, the Thursday games...... But, not tonight... Line is a little weird...

I have to go with the Orangemen of Syracuse +3.5 at home over South Florida. I like it because of the hook. I don't understand why SoFLA are a 3.5 point road favorite after what, losing four in a row???

Also, for fun... we'll see how this pans out, but hopped on college hoop action. Valparaiso -3.5 over Georgia Southern. I wanted to take action on the aircraft carrier game, but nah...too much attention on that game.

NFL: 26-16-2

Good luck... I'll be back on with Saturday action!

dw13
11-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Valparaiso -3.5 over Georgia Southern.

Got a friend who plays for Georgia Southern! Random game to be picking on! :)

King_Killah
11-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Got a friend who plays for Georgia Southern! Random game to be picking on! :)

Nice!

Oh and we'll call that a win! I've learned over the years of doing this that the better bets are on the not as higher profile games. Everyone and their sister who watches college hoops was watching the aircraft carrier game, I just scrolled the list of action and this one jumped out at me.

As for why was Syracuse a home dog...... they can't catch the ball in the end zone! Bastards! I'll update the numbers and come back in a few with picks for today!

King_Killah
11-12-2011, 10:28 AM
NCAA(F): 27-22
NFL: 26-16-2
NCAA(B): 1-0

Today's action..... as of now, only 5 games!

12:00pm

Florida +3 over South Carolina

3:30pm

Illinois -1.5 over Michigan
Florida State -9 over Miami

8:00pm

Stanford -3 over Oregon

9:15pm

Idaho +22.5 over BYU

---------------------------------
Hate playing against Michigan, but oh well... I wish I hopped on that yesterday, the line was still a pick 'em. Rolling with Stanford until someone shows me why I shouldn't. Oregon could be that team, I'll take my chances at -3 though. Idaho, too many points. Over three TDs. They'll lose, likely, but keep it within the number. The Florida play was a toss up. As you know, I like to play an odd number of games and needed a 5th.

We'll see how the early and mid-afternoon rolls to see if we need to hedge it with more late action. For now though... Good luck!

dw13
11-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Purdue +8.5 vs OSU
Penn State / Nebraksa U42
Missouri +2 vs Texas
S. Miss -8.5 vs UCF
Iowa +3 vs MSU

dw13
11-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Adding NW -17 and UCLA / Utah U46.

GL. I won't be back until late tonight!

King_Killah
11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Horrendous weekend..... Never got to get my picks in for the day, but I'll be honest... 0-3: Bengals +3.5 = loser, Chiefs -3 = loser, Giants +4 = loser. Saturday went 0-5.

I am on the game tonight... I actually was looking at the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets with Sanchez 2-0 vs. Patriots at home, blah, blah... But after going 0-8 this weekend, I have come to believe it is opposite weekend and now feel the need to go with the Patriots.

So, the Pats +2.5 is the play for tonight.

NCAA(F): 27-27
NFL: 26-19-2

After a strong run in college in the beginning of the season, I got cocky and started playing too many games, we now stand even (which of course against the books is actually minus $$$) but still hold an edge in the NFL.

dw13
11-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Well last weekend you made fun of me! Mr. Cocky! I went 5-2 yesterday.

Didn't get on any plays today.

King_Killah
11-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Win....win.... A freakin' win!!!!!

On that note - tonight:

NCAA(B): Penn Quakers +9.5 over Temple... After a successful hit with Valparaiso, let's see if we can do it again.

NFL: Monday Night Football... I have to go Green Bay Packers here. I know, that's the obvious and easy choice. I know, the Vikings are coming out of a bye week. I know, Ponder's first game against the Packers was closer than expected. The Packers are just sick offensively. I don't think Rodgers will allow the game to be that close this time in Green Bay.

Monday's plays:

Penn Quakers +9.5
Green Bay Packers -12.5

dw13
11-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm on Detroit +6.5 vs Notre Dame

King_Killah
11-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Looks like we've got winners... Good little turnaround!

NFL: 28-19-2
NCAA(B): 2-0

DW.....gotta love the hook when you get it! Nice hit with Detroit!

dw13
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
NCAA(F): 19-16
NFL: 9-15-1

After a strong past week, we're looking to keep it rolling.

URI +16 vs. Texas
Kentucky -5 vs. Kansas

dw13
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
DW.....gotta love the hook when you get it! Nice hit with Detroit!

Hit a meaningless free throw with barely any time left, too! Maybe our luck is turning around.

dw13
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM

After a strong past week, we're looking to keep it rolling.

URI +16 vs. Texas
Kentucky -5 vs. Kansas

Winners!

NCAA(B): 3-0

Long Beach State +13.5 vs Pitt
NC State -9.5 vs Princeton

Good luck!

King_Killah
11-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Winners!

NCAA(B): 3-0

Long Beach State +13.5 vs Pitt
NC State -9.5 vs Princeton

Good luck!

Nice work DW with the college hoop action.

King_Killah
11-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I am clearly doing what I told myself I wasn't going to do and that was dabble outside of football. I already played some college hoop action, now tonight I hit up on the NHL.

For my debut hockey action I will go with:

NJ Devils +1.5 over Buffalo

I know the Sabres have won both times they played this season, right? I also know that the Devils are currently 1-1 on their road trip. The previous match-ups the Devils saw Miller. Enroth has been pretty damn good. I think this comes down to OT or even the shoot out. +1.5 is a winner.

King_Killah
11-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Nice start to the NHL season... Devils outright. Was a little shaky to roll the outright, but I'll take the win.

Back to college hoops.

Second college action saw me take the Penn Quakers and the points for the win... today, I go the other way.

Rider -1.5 over Penn... A little nervous on this as the public is starting to pound Rider. Line opened at -4.

dw13
11-17-2011, 06:41 PM
We split last night. Not bad. Thought NC State was a great play.

Going to go against the public on a big game, normally plays well:

Miss. State +5 vs Texas A&M. - I have a good friend on A&M's staff which makes me want to lean that way always, but going against it could make me some money.

That's all for tonight. GL KK

dw13
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Cash it!

I'll be back later tonight with my football plays for tomorrow.

Edit: Also, I'm completely done with NFL. I'm horrendous at it, every season. Much better in college sports. My tracker will now just be that.

NCAA(B): 5-1

King_Killah
11-18-2011, 06:19 PM
College football..... Going with the big number tonight.....

Oklahoma State -27 over those Cyclones of Iowa State.

Saturday plays later...

NCAA(B): 2-1
NHL: 1-0

dw13
11-18-2011, 10:47 PM
NCAA(B): 5-1

Duke +11.5 vs GaTech
Michigan -3 vs Nebraska
Houston -20 vs SMU

King_Killah
11-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Bullshit on the Iowa State nonsense...... Really??? Iowa State knocks off Oklahoma State. I am pissed off.

Anyway... No, now we roll into bounce back mode. Back with 7 selections.

12:00

Wisconsin -14.5 over Illinois
Michigan -3.5 over Nebraska

3:30

Ohio State -6.5 over Penn State
Missouri -18 over Texas Tech

7:00

Vanderbilt -1.5 over Tennessee
North Texas +1.5 over Western Kentucky

10:15

Cal +17 over Stanford

-----------------------------

Illinois got smacked by Michigan last week, and as a fan of Michigan, I think Wisconsin is better...Badgers smack the Illini. DW, sorry for mushing this Michigan pick if they don't cover. Had this one circled, hoping to drop the hook, never the less. Feel kinda bad playing against Penn State here, but even before scandal broke out, I had them losing their last three. Ohio State well balanced, while Penn State's offense really does lack. Missouri should be able to handle Texas Tech with no issues. Yeah, big number, but I think this is one to look at. Vanderbilt has intrigued me all week too. It opened at Tennessee -1.5 and wondered why a small number, as the week progressed the number flopped to the Vandy side. North Texas. Why not? I am not feeling WestKY. I guess I could have looked for a dog with more points attached, but this one seemed kinda reasonable. Lastly...am I off Stanford?? They not only didn't cover for me last week, they lost outright. No I am not done, I think they win this game, I just don't see them covering that 17.

Might hit some college hoops later, I'll hop on and post if I do.

Good luck.

dw13
11-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Hoop picks:

Harvard -5 vs LM
Long Beach St. +3.5 vs SDSU

dw13
11-19-2011, 11:49 PM
4-1 day with hoops/football combined.

Lost the LBSt game by .5 point, in OT. Real bummer there. Updated board:

NCAA(F): 22-16
NCAA(B): 6-2

King_Killah
11-20-2011, 08:15 AM
4-1 day with hoops/football combined.

Lost the LBSt game by .5 point, in OT. Real bummer there. Updated board:

NCAA(B): 6-2

Don't you hate that shit????

King_Killah
11-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Well, college took a real tumble for me as the season rolled on. Started off incredibly strong, then I guess you could say, as I admitted, I got cocky and started rolling off several 7-9 slection days and have come out on the wrong end of those weeks. Coming into Saturday, college was sitting at .500 (27-27) and dumb ass me decided to rattle off another 7 plays. And well, 2-5 were the results.

Now last week, I went 0-fer on college Saturday forcing me to have a strong Sunday, and well... That didn't fair to well either.

I have 5 on tap ready to roll. Let's see what happens.

Minnesota -1.5 over Oakland
Green Bay -14 over Tampa Bay
Washington +7 over Dallas
Atlanta -6.5 over Tennessee

Chicago -3.5 over San Diego

----------------
Quick comments/thoughts... I have no real logical, valued reason why I went Minnesota. Minnesota is bad, but I still don't think Oakland is as good as they look. I think this one will be tight and I think Ponder and Peterson will get it done in the end. Green Bay is just smacking everyhing that stands in front of them, and Tampa does not have the offense to keep up. Washington/Dallas will play one of those gritty, ugly divisional game. The Skins getting a home TD should be enough. Atlanta needs the win to stay in pace. Kinda worried over Tennessee though since the Schaub injury in Houston officially puts Tennessee back in the "have a chance" column for the division, so the Titans could come out strong. Still, think Ryan, White, Turner and co. will get it done. Curious as to why the Bears are only a 3.5 point favorite. The Bears have been solid lately while the Chargers have just looked silly. Leaving sunny San Diego for the cold air with potential rain in Chicago doesn't sit well for the Chargers.

NCAA(F): 29-32
NHL: 1-0

Good luck.

dw13
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM
LB State -9 vs Boise State
Duke -6 vs Michigan
Cal +3 vs Missouri

dw13
11-23-2011, 10:55 AM
2-1 night. Updated board:

NCAA(B): 8-3

King_Killah
11-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Dipping in on some hockey action yo......

Philadelphia Flyers ML on the road in Long Island over the New York Islanders. Not comfortable with the -1.5, but I am good with the SU play.

In addition to the Flyers, I am taking my first TOTAL in a long time as we head to Colorado.

Avs/Canucks UNDER 5.5.

Good luck.

Might hop on college hoop in a little bit. Anything stand out???

King_Killah
11-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Bam! 2-0 vs. the NHL last night...

NCAA(F): 29-32
NFL: 30-22-2
NHL: 3-0

I should have two more wins, but never checked them in. I did have the Eagles +6 and the Pats -16.5, but since they weren't officially documented I will not count those two here.

I am looking at all three games today, I don't know if I am playing all three though. I do have one checked in.

Green Bay -6 over Detroit

The number was -7 and has been dropped to -6.5 for most of the week since it's open. Lion money drops it to -6. The Lions are the public favorite here, so I have to go the other way with this one. I like that it dipped to six. I think the Lions have the ability to keep it close, but the Lions also have the ability to get down huge early. If this is the case, I don't think they can come back. That said, a lot of people are picking this to be Green Bay's first OUTRIGHT loss.

I am looking at Dallas also. Miami has been good, mostly all season, despite their record. But, Dallas has been on a roll and Romo is Mr. November. That said, if you believe in trends, Miami is 3-1 vs. Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Harbaugh Bowl. You would think SF gets the nod here, but I actually like Baltimore despite the not so good play out of them lately. I do think that the Baltimore defense will give Alex Smith fits. How much is Gore gonna go? He is banged up. Ray Lewis is a game time decision, his own decision. I say he goes. I would lean Baltimore in this spot, if I take it.

Again, as of this moment my only play:

Green Bay -6 over Detroit.

Happy Thanksgiving, Good Luck.

King_Killah
11-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Green Bay = winner.....

Black Friday plays (as of now):

West Virginia -7 over Pittsburgh
Arkansas +12.5 over LSU
Houston -3 over Tusla

Good luck!

dw13
11-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Football:

Tulsa +3 vs Houston

Basketball:

BC +1.5 vs UC Riverside

King_Killah
11-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Wanted to get these in real quick.

Michigan -7
USC -14
Auburn +21
Notre Dame +7
Wisconsin -14

I'll update later when I get home. Good luck!

King_Killah
11-27-2011, 09:53 AM
1-0 on Thanksgiving, 1-2, Black Friday... 2-3, yesterday... Ugh.

NCAA(F): 32-37
NFL: 31-22-2

NFL today...

New York Football Jets -9.5 over Buffalo
Carolina -3 over Indianapolis
Cleveland +7 over Cincinnati

Seattle -3 over Washington
New England -3 over Philadelphia

That's a big number for me to be laying on Sanchez. But it's also a number telling me that the books are no longer seeing Buffalo as a viable play. I am looking at the NYJ here by at least 2 TDs. Don't ask why because Sanchez looks more confused and looks more like he needs the Eli Manning roll of toilet paper. The Colts just can't get it done. Carolina -3 is a small enough number that I think Cam and co. can get it done. Cleveland, I am not looking for the outright win here. I think Cincy has played balls out and possibly busted their nut after back to back weeks vs. Pittsburgh and Baltimore and could be feeling a little beat up here. At a touch, I think Cleveland has a shot of hitting. Seattle..... Really??? A Seattle play??? And a Seattle play in the same week I play the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.... What is going on??? The Skins are just AWFUL. ...and last but not least, Tom -3 over Philly. Its been a mixed reaction here in the Philly area. There are a bunch of die-hards that think Philly can win outright, then there are those thinking with their heads thinking Philly has no shot. If this is the case, why only -3? I haven't seen Vick ruled out, Maclin and Nnamdi are out. Yeah, the Patriots defense is pretty bad, but does Philly have enough offense to keep up? Can Philly stop Gronkowski AND Hernandez AND Welker? I don't see it. Just curious as to why only the -3 here.

FlyGuy78
11-27-2011, 11:38 AM
King, it's only PHI -3 since the game is in PHI and NE has one of the worst defenses in the league (dead last in pass defense). Vick has been ruled out, so Young is getting the start, but even with him in I think the PHI offense is good enough to keep up with NE as long as their defense plays a decent game. The Pats haven't been lighting it up lately, but on any given Sunday Tom can put up 50! I think the Birds can win, but I don't think they do. I also don't think it will be a blowout.

Pats 31, Eagles 24

King_Killah
11-29-2011, 06:57 PM
King, it's only PHI -3 since the game is in PHI and NE has one of the worst defenses in the league (dead last in pass defense). Vick has been ruled out, so Young is getting the start, but even with him in I think the PHI offense is good enough to keep up with NE as long as their defense plays a decent game. The Pats haven't been lighting it up lately, but on any given Sunday Tom can put up 50! I think the Birds can win, but I don't think they do. I also don't think it will be a blowout.

Pats 31, Eagles 24

Sonofabitch, I responded to this and it never posted. Damn phone!

Anyway, a little late but whatever... The home team regardless of how good or how shitty always gets -3 and then the line builds from there. So, what the books were saying with this line is that this game "on a neutral field" is essentially a pick 'em. That is (and obviously was) bullshit. Why does Vegas and the books worldwide still give extended love to Philly? Philly without Vick does not have an offense to keep up with New England as was evident. There was no shot that the Eagles were gonna win that game, barring a tragic injury on the Pats end.

King_Killah
11-29-2011, 07:02 PM
That said..... Two bits of action tonight:

Ohio State -7.5 over Duke.
Vancouver Canucks ML (-200) over Columbus.

Kinda nervous on both plays... Canucks head home on a four-game win streak playing a lowly Columbus. Is this let-down territory???? Betting against Duke is never an easy thing to do.

All in all, good luck...

King_Killah
11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Updated figures after a 3-2 Sunday.

NFL: 34-24-2

King_Killah
11-30-2011, 05:42 AM
That said..... Two bits of action tonight:

Ohio State -7.5 over Duke.
Vancouver Canucks ML (-200) over Columbus.

Kinda nervous on both plays... Canucks head home on a four-game win streak playing a lowly Columbus. Is this let-down territory???? Betting against Duke is never an easy thing to do.

All in all, good luck...

Win and win.....

NFL: 34-24-2
NCAA(B): 3-1
NHL: 4-0

King_Killah
11-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Gonna go with one play tonight... College hoops sees action!

North Carolina -7 over Wisconsin.

Good luck.

King_Killah
12-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Gonna go with one play tonight... College hoops sees action!

North Carolina -7 over Wisconsin.

Good luck.

Got robbed.... NC had the ball with 24 seconds to go, they forced it instead of killing clock and taking an easy 2 to go up 10, instead the turn it over and Badgers take it the other way. Then with 4 seconds to go, NC had a chance to hit a push but missed a free throw, which the Badgers take the other way and sink a 3, NC wins by 3, doesn't cover. Bastards!

On that note.... We dip into NCAA(F).

Houston -13 over Southern Miss

Kansas State -10 over the Cyclones of Iowa State. I liked it better at 9, was OK with it creeping to 9.5. Any higher than 10, might have went the other way.

LSU -13 over Georgia.

Hawaii +8 over BYU... Only because they are at home getting a touch +, I'll take the Rainbows.

Wisconsin -9.5 over Michigan State. Badgers smack the Spartans tonight!

dw13
12-03-2011, 11:52 AM
There you go KK, pick a team that's undergoing a betting scandal :lol:

Hoops:

Miami -7 vs UMass
USC +6 vs Minn

Football:

Iowa State +10.5 vs Kansas State - Why not? ;)
Edit: Adding the Under in ISU/KSU as well: U51 (Edit times 2: They are pushing the KO back, screwing my play because of the rain)
Colorado State +6 vs Wyoming

dw13
12-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Hoops 1-1
Fball 2-1 (damn delay, should of played in the rain!)

King_Killah
12-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I'll update later, just wanted to get these in.....

Miami -3 over Oakland
San Fran -14 over St. Louis
New England -20 over Indianapolis
Baltimore -7 over Cleveland
New Orleans -8.5 over Detroit

Good luck...

dw13
12-04-2011, 02:40 PM
NCAA(F): 25-17
NCAA(B): 10-4

NC State +9.5 vs Stanford
Montana +12 vs Oregon State

dw13
12-06-2011, 01:59 PM
NCAA(B): 12-5

I hit the St. Johns / Detroit under last night - without posting here.

Here we go for tonight... just one play:

Iowa +9 vs N. Iowa

King_Killah
12-06-2011, 05:22 PM
So strange that NCAA(F) started off incredibly hot while the NFL floundered, and then over the recent weeks, NCAA(F) fizzled while the NFL has been poppin'....... On that note, we'll take some action tonight.

NCAA(B):

Virginia -9 over George Mason
Pacific -1.5 over Hawai'i

NHL:

New York Hockey Islanders ML (-115) over Tampa Bay

NCAA(F): 33-42
NFL: 38-25-2
NCAA(B): 3-2
NHL: 4-0

Good luck....

King_Killah
12-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Updated numbers.

NCAA(B): 5-2
NHL: 5-0

dw13
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
WVU +5.5 vs Kansas State

King_Killah
12-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Double dipping in the NHL tonight...

Washington Capitals ML (-165) over Toronto Maple Leafs
Winnipeg Jets ML (-145) over Carolina Hurricanes

Any college hoop??

dw13
12-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm on UMass/Siena U135

King_Killah
12-11-2011, 11:17 AM
NHL: 7-0

Hopping in with 5 NFL games this week. I actually kinda controlled myself because I was looking at another 7-8 plays. That is when I usually tank. Last week, banked off a 4-1 NFL Sunday, let's duplicate that today.

Indianapolis +16.5 over Baltimore... Colts covered the large number vs. the Pats last week (my only loser). The Ravens have a stronger defense, but they don't have a Patriots offense. Colts will keep this within the number.

Kansas City Chiefs +11.5 over NY Jets... This one worries me because it seems like the public is starting to hop on the Chiefs.

Arizona +3.5 over San Francisco... 49ers in the ultimate let-down game here. They already clinched, they may physically be in the stadium, but mentally they might be checked out. Arizona to stick the number, possibly even outright!

San Diego -7 over Buffalo... Boy has Buffalo come back down to Earth. Rivers/San Diego are a different team in December. That stays true today. Double digit win this evening.

Denver Tebows -3 over Chicago... I like that the number lost the hook. That said, I think the defenses equal out. I don't see any offense out of the Bears. A couple of picks thrown by Caleb putting Denver is solid positition. Tebow won't do anything to lose it. He continues his roll.

dw13
12-11-2011, 10:47 PM
UC Davis +13.5 vs Hawaii

dw13
12-12-2011, 10:08 PM
NCAA(B): 13-5-1

Updating the board. We'll be back throughout the week with some Basketball plays!

Nice run in Hockey, KK!

King_Killah
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Good hit on Sunday with NFL... Looking at

Triple dipping on the NHL tonight.... YIKES!

Boston Bruins ML (-160) over a Terry Murray-less LA Kings
Winnipeg ML (-110) over Minnesota Wild
San Jose Sharks ML (-150) over Colorado Avs

Making a stop in NCAA(B) tonight also....

Mississippi State -13 over Florida Atlantic

Good luck...

Nice run in Hockey, KK!

Thanks! Hope I didn't jinx that with a three pack of plays tonight!

NFL: 42-26-3
NHL: 7-0

dw13
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Miss St / FAU U140.5

King_Killah
12-14-2011, 05:43 AM
That's ass......

NHL went 2-1, and damn college ball missed. Looks like that total bounced over too.

Updated totals later.

King_Killah
12-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Well...... I don't know why I am going to put myself through this, since I started the college football season on a tear, but ended it in a pile of shit... It is BOWL SEASON. I gotta take action. On top of that we have some NFL action, NHL action, and a little college hoop as well.

Let's start right on top with the NFL.....

Dallas Cowboys -7 over Tampa Bay

Next up the Bowl games.....

Wyoming +7 over Temple (although I think Temple can win this in a squeaker straight up)...

Ohio +2 over Utah State

San Diego State -4 over UL Lafayette

Then let's skate over to the NHL.....

San Jose Sharks ML (-200) over Edmonton

Finally bounce the rock in some college hoop.....

Temple +5.5 over Texas (although I think Texas will win this in a squeaker straight up)...

Southern Miss -3.5 over Mississississippi

NFL: 42-26-3
NCAA(B): 5-3
NHL: 9-1
BOWLS: ?-?

Kinda pissed off at that hockey number, although no one should ever be pissed off at a 9-1 run. But I knew better than to triple dip (hence the YIKES! in the play post) the hockey plays on Tuesday, but ah...oh well. Sharks will rebound for me tonight!

Good luck.

dw13
12-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Florida -8.5 vs Texas A&M
W. Michigan +5 vs Dusquene
Vandy -11.5 vs Indiana State
Oklahoma -10 vs Houston

dw13
12-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Adding Temple/Wyoming U51

dw13
12-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Really? Wyoming down 30 and they go for 2 after the TD and it blows my play

Awesome.

moans
12-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Have 4 bets on soccer tmw.
Liverpool, Man U, Tottenham and a parlay of the three.

Don't fuck me Liverpool :lol:

dw13
12-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Never smart to bet Liverpool against a smaller club.

Atleast we're away from home.

We'll win.

King_Killah
12-18-2011, 08:44 AM
4-3 outcome for Saturday. Still snake bitten in college football.

NFL: 43-26-3
NCAA(B): 6-4
NHL: 10-1
BOWLS: 1-2

I'll have some NFL picks coming shortly.

Doctego
12-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Leave college football alone and you might start earning some tuition money.

King_Killah
12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Leave college football alone and you might start earning some tuition money.

Hahah.... I hear ya Doc. The shit thing is that I started strong in college grid iron, the it all came crashing down in one giant heap of shit in the center of the bed. My son is 7yrs. old already, Lord knows I will be needing that college tuition soon enough!

King_Killah
12-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Sunday NFL plays!

New York Football Giants -5.5 over Washington
Green Bay Packer Backers -11 over Kansas City
Cincinnati Football Bungals -7 over St. Louis

Arizona Cardinals -6 over Cleveland

San Diego Chargers +2.5 over Baltimore

Bring that....... tough week. If I had to pick one, I'd say the Bengals is my strongest play here. A little leary of the Packers. Big number, but the number has come down from 14. Huge Chief money there. A little concerned that the Giants blew their collective nuts last week vs. Dallas, but I can't see Washington hanging around. The Giants NEED the win. The Skins NEED to set up tee times. Later on, the 4:00 games are interesting. Only took one, although I was tempted and have strong feelings on a few others. I don't think the Cleveland Browns are worth a hill of beans right now. Fitzgerald never quits, and some of the Cardinals are fighting for positions. Gotta think the Cards have it in them more. I really like the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets to take it to the E-A-G-L-E-S today, just can't see why a shitbox 5-8 team is the favorite over an 8-5 team. Backed off of it. The other 4:00 game that intrigued me was God Brady vs. the Second Coming Tebow. It reality, Brady and the Patriots should mop up the Broncos, but...the Broncos are playing good, and Tebow delivers when he needs to. Poor New England defense could show the passing side of Tebow come loose. Can you bet against Brady/Hoodie/Patriots? But at the same time, can you bet against Tebow right now?? The safe play could be Pats ML/Denver +6.5, but I am backing away. From the fours, my second favorite play of the day is San Diego +2.5 over Baltimore. The Chargers own December, although it may be a little too late. Don't care for the Ravens making the west coast trip. I'll take the home points here.

Good luck.

King_Killah
12-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Wow.... a not-so-good Sunday. My two favorite plays went 1-0-1, but the other games was pure debacle, 0-3. This forces action on MNF. I am going to have to go Pittsburgh Steelers +3 tonight over San Francisco. If Pittsburgh loses, Baltimore owns the division due to tiebreakers. Both Pittsburgh and Baltmore have favorable schedules, unless you think Cincy can beat Baltimore. That said, if Pitts loses, and then both Pitts and Balt win out, Baltimore takes the division. Pittsburgh wants the division more. Steelers win outright, but I'll take the points.

Updates to the numbers later.

King_Killah
12-20-2011, 07:04 PM
NFL: 44-29-4
NCAA(B): 6-4
NHL: 10-1
BOWLS: 1-2

Back at it tonight... We have some NHL on tap as well as college hardwood and the Beef O'Brady Bowl.

Let's start with the pond....

Chicago Blackhawks/Pittsburgh Penguins UNDER 5.5... Think this should be a chippy, muck and grinding type of game.

Calgary Flames ML (-150) over Minnesota

College hoops...

BYU -12.5 over Buffalo

Beef O'Brady Bowl

Florida International -4.5 over Marshall

King_Killah
12-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Should I just give up with college football or what??? I can't see to shake the L's. Seriously though, there is no reason that Marshall should have stayed in that game, let alone win it outright.

NHL and college hoop did me good though...

NFL: 44-29-4
NCAA(B): 7-4
NHL: 12-1
BOWLS: 1-3

Stay tuned... I may have a play or two, tonight!

King_Killah
12-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Two plays....

Ughh......

TCU -9.5 over LaTECH in the Poinsettia Bowl.

St. Louis/Colorado OVER 5 in NHL action.

King_Killah
12-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Adding LA Clippers -6 over LA Lakers in pre-season NBA for the f*ck of it.

King_Killah
12-24-2011, 12:36 PM
I'll update the numbers from the previous day later, just wanted to get these in real fast...

Kansas City -3 over Oakland
Denver Tebows -3 over Buffalo
New England -7 over Miami

San Diego +1 over Detroit
Seattle +1 over San Francisco

Good luck.......

dw13
12-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Little late but was on:

NJ/WAS U94.5 1H
CHA +4

King_Killah
12-27-2011, 06:05 PM
What a shithole Christmas Eve....... against the books anyway! Wow....

Today just one play.....

Louisville +2.5 over NC State.

dw13
12-28-2011, 04:30 PM
2-0 Start to the NBA Season

Plays tonight:

Cuse -15 vs Seton Hall
Miss State +10.5 vs Creighton

Updated stats:

NCAA(F): 25-18
NCAA(B): 16-6-1
NBA: 2-0
Overall: 43-24-1

BoL

King_Killah
12-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Last 8 plays...... 0-7-1. WTF is that????

NFL: 44-34-4
NCAA(B): 7-4
NHL: 12-1-1
BOWLS: 1-5
NBA: 0-1

That BOWL shit is just ugly...

Three plays for this evening...

NHL: Minnesota/Nashville OVER 5

NCAA(B): Creighton -10 (Wow DW... sorry bro. Good luck! I guess best case scenario Creighton wins by 10, I hit the push, you hit the hook. No loss.)

NBA: Charlotte Bobs +11.5 over Miami

That winless run has to end tonight!

King_Killah
12-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Adding one....

Indiana State -1 over Drake in college hoops.

dw13
12-28-2011, 06:40 PM
NCAA(B): Creighton -10 (Wow DW... sorry bro. Good luck! I guess best case scenario Creighton wins by 10, I hit the push, you hit the hook. No loss.)

Love Creighton. Love McDermitt.

But it's the first conference game, Miss St is better than they've played.

Banking on familiarity and against the public!

dw13
12-28-2011, 10:52 PM
2-0

NCAA(B): 18-6-1
Overall: 45-24-1

dw13
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Denver -14.5 vs Troy
S. Illinois -6 vs Evansville

dw13
12-29-2011, 11:02 PM
1-1

NCAA(B): 19-7-1
Overall: 46-25-1 (64%)

Long weekend ahead, we'll see what we dip into.

dw13
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Ole Miss +5 vs Dayton

Might be my last bet of the weekend.

King_Killah
01-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Happy New Year.........

I'll update the numbers later on this afternoon, just wanted to check these in before I left.

Let's start with the NBA...

Looking at the LA CLIPPERS -3 over Portland. Clip lost last two, looking to bounce back.....

Let's slide to the ice...

CALGARY FLAMES ML (+120) over Nashville...

Now... WEEK 17 of the NFL...

New England -9.5 over Buffalo... I've seen this number start at 10.5, a little Buffalo dough is rolling in. I gotta say, the Pats seek revenge from earlier this season and in doing so, lock up the #1 seed.

San Francisco 49ers/St. Louis Rams UNDER 35.5... This total is low for a reason. The Rams can't score.

Cincinnati Bengals +2 over Baltimore... Home dogs win OUTRIGHT!

Detroit Lions -3.5 over Green Bay???????? I am on it for small change... For the simple fact of Detroit NEEDS to win this game. They don't want to go to New Orleans to face the Saints. If they win, they likely get Dallas/NyG. Green Bay has homefield through out locked up. They are sitting guys.

....and my 5th NFL play was a toss-up between Tebow/KC game, the Indy/Jax game, and the Chi/Min game. I like Tebow and think they can win. Not sure about covering the number. I also can see Orton playing spoiler here. So, I had to back off this game. Colts/Jaguars, shitbox game of the week. Bears/Vikings, not as shitbox, but pretty close. I'll go with the OVER in the Colts/Jaguars game... The total is 37.

There we have it! Good luck...

canuckthug
01-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Happy New Year.........
Cincinnati Bengals +2 over Baltimore... Home dogs win OUTRIGHT!

Detroit Lions -3.5 over Green Bay???????? I am on it for small change... For the simple fact of Detroit NEEDS to win this game. They don't want to go to New Orleans to face the Saints. If they win, they likely get Dallas/NyG. Green Bay has homefield through out locked up. They are sitting guys.

....and my 5th NFL play was a toss-up between Tebow/KC game, the Indy/Jax game, and the Chi/Min game. I like Tebow and think they can win. Not sure about covering the number. I also can see Orton playing spoiler here. So, I had to back off this game. Colts/Jaguars, shitbox game of the week. Bears/Vikings, not as shitbox, but pretty close. I'll go with the OVER in the Colts/Jaguars game... The total is 37.

There we have it! Good luck...

Im up in the air on a few games:
I was thinking Baltimore BUT I might have to take the Bengals now. Im taking the Cardinals over the SeaHawks because i think in the end home field will matter (in a meaningless game). Arizona plays good at home.
Who do you got in TEN vs HOU ? and
I know its a crap game but who you got in INDY or JAX?
I find it hard to pick DET over GB.. I dont think GB at home will let this game slide that easy... I think they will rest players when they have it locked up. Det needs the win like you said but this game is a tough one IMO.

Thanks for the picks.. and gluck.

King_Killah
01-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Im up in the air on a few games:
I was thinking Baltimore BUT I might have to take the Bengals now. Im taking the Cardinals over the SeaHawks because i think in the end home field will matter (in a meaningless game). Arizona plays good at home.
Who do you got in TEN vs HOU ? and
I know its a crap game but who you got in INDY or JAX?
I find it hard to pick DET over GB.. I dont think GB at home will let this game slide that easy... I think they will rest players when they have it locked up. Det needs the win like you said but this game is a tough one IMO.

Thanks for the picks.. and gluck.

Yo man, sorry I didn't get back in time to answer/comment... I had to post picks and leave!

Hope you didn't take the Bengals. I thought that the Bengals would show up and prove they belong in the conversation with the Steelers and the Ravens. Guess not. I would have gone Cardinals also. I only take Seattle if they are at home and the line isn't outrageous. If I would have taken a side in the Colts/Jags game, I would have gone Jags, but I wasn't feeling that game at all and really didn't want the total, but I like to play an odd amount of games, so I "needed" one more play, and well that total fell a little light. As for the Detroit game........ GB is just sick. Seriously, Matt Flynn? Wow... Whooda thunk that in only his 2nd NFL start he would hold the record for passing yards and TDs in a single game??? Detroit shoulda won. They had the game to do so. I think this game showed that they can compete with the Packers and Saints, although, I would be a little leary of that.

canuckthug
01-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Yo man, sorry I didn't get back in time to answer/comment... I had to post picks and leave!

Hope you didn't take the Bengals. I thought that the Bengals would show up and prove they belong in the conversation with the Steelers and the Ravens. Guess not. I would have gone Cardinals also. I only take Seattle if they are at home and the line isn't outrageous. If I would have taken a side in the Colts/Jags game, I would have gone Jags, but I wasn't feeling that game at all and really didn't want the total, but I like to play an odd amount of games, so I "needed" one more play, and well that total fell a little light. As for the Detroit game........ GB is just sick. Seriously, Matt Flynn? Wow... Whooda thunk that in only his 2nd NFL start he would hold the record for passing yards and TDs in a single game??? Detroit shoulda won. They had the game to do so. I think this game showed that they can compete with the Packers and Saints, although, I would be a little leary of that.

I was 10-6 this week. I went 12-3 the week before.
I really thought Denver was gonna win at home to a brutal KC team. Denver truly needs Jesus to save them and with Mendenhall out and Ben hurting, you have to wonder. I even had Oakland to beat SD which went against my gut. Yup, i took the Bengals. I took the Bengals.. what was i thinking? The Bengals were 8-1 against non-playoff teams and 1-6 against contenders. I did not do my homework. I was up in the air on a few games and lost them all. I had the Texans who were supposed to avoid a 3 game losing streak entering the playoffs, they choked. I took Indy because Shannon Sharpe on CBS said so. I trusted his intel, it was crunch time, i was let down. My final loss was the Chi vs Minny game. Minny was without Adrian Peterson so i should have went Bears... but Minny was at home, and actually got up 10-0 after 1... (pick looked golden).

The Detroit GB game was a cluster*^$# of emotions. Great game though. Its crazy to think if Rogers gets taken out during the playoffs, they got this Flynn character whose apparently a gunslinger himself. Do you know if his records are team records or league records? I would not expect Stafford to outshine Brees and the Saints in New Orleans although he had a great game in NO a few weeks ago.
Anyways, I knew GB was gonna rest players but did not get the memo Rogers was sitting. If i knew Rogers was sitting, i would have went Lions for sure. Luckily i picked GB on false information. GB is perfect at home and i had anticipated Rogers to play. When Detroit stormed to a 9-0 lead early... i was ready to throw ticket in the garbage.
Overall, if i was at my best, i woulda went 13-3. <--- i know this is completely irrelevant... the gambling gods dont give a fuck. but just throwing it out there. haha.

I also used this site. http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/17/seasontype/2 Whats Accuscore and Pick'em ?? They did the best overall and i will look at taking their advice next season.

dw13
01-04-2012, 11:23 AM
10-6 and 12-3?

You bet every game, every week?

canuckthug
01-04-2012, 11:46 AM
10-6 and 12-3?

You bet every game, every week?

I don't play every week so no.

In Canada, i use a betting service called Sports Select . I play this game called Pools and the object is to select the most # of correct games that week and you have to play every game. Its only $5 and the payouts are massive if you clean house. This week, 19 people went 16 for 16. The payout was $8506.40 each. Some weeks only a few people win and the winnings are in the $100, 000's.

http://sportselect.wclc.com/results/results.html
click on pools

King_Killah
01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I was 10-6 this week. I went 12-3 the week before.
I really thought Denver was gonna win at home to a brutal KC team. Denver truly needs Jesus to save them and with Mendenhall out and Ben hurting, you have to wonder. I even had Oakland to beat SD which went against my gut. Yup, i took the Bengals. I took the Bengals.. what was i thinking? The Bengals were 8-1 against non-playoff teams and 1-6 against contenders. I did not do my homework. I was up in the air on a few games and lost them all. I had the Texans who were supposed to avoid a 3 game losing streak entering the playoffs, they choked. I took Indy because Shannon Sharpe on CBS said so. I trusted his intel, it was crunch time, i was let down. My final loss was the Chi vs Minny game. Minny was without Adrian Peterson so i should have went Bears... but Minny was at home, and actually got up 10-0 after 1... (pick looked golden).

The Detroit GB game was a cluster*^$# of emotions. Great game though. Its crazy to think if Rogers gets taken out during the playoffs, they got this Flynn character whose apparently a gunslinger himself. Do you know if his records are team records or league records? I would not expect Stafford to outshine Brees and the Saints in New Orleans although he had a great game in NO a few weeks ago.
Anyways, I knew GB was gonna rest players but did not get the memo Rogers was sitting. If i knew Rogers was sitting, i would have went Lions for sure. Luckily i picked GB on false information. GB is perfect at home and i had anticipated Rogers to play. When Detroit stormed to a 9-0 lead early... i was ready to throw ticket in the garbage.
Overall, if i was at my best, i woulda went 13-3. <--- i know this is completely irrelevant... the gambling gods dont give a fuck. but just throwing it out there. haha.

I also used this site. http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/17/seasontype/2 Whats Accuscore and Pick'em ?? They did the best overall and i will look at taking their advice next season.

I am actually looking at Detroit and Stafford pretty closely for the Wild Card weekend upset. I'll post official picks as we get closer though.

King_Killah
01-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Let's update the numbers after the latest debacle......

NFL: 45-38-4
NCAA(B): 7-6
NHL: 12-3-1
NBA: 2-1

Took a little slide in the NFL. But, have been leaving the Bowls alone.

Playing three tonight... College hoops and NHL.

New Jersey Devils ML (+140) over Boston

Temple +7.5 over Duke
Duquesne -2.5 over St. Joe's

Good luck...

King_Killah
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
4 games tonight, 5 plays....

NHL:

Flyers ML (-115) over Blackhawks... A little leary on this one as the Hawks have been playing well and the Flyers have not. The Hawks just don't beat the Flyers in Philly.

Boston ML (-240) over Calgary... Flames are done.
Boston -1/2 IN REGULATION (-139) over Calgary

NCAA(B):

Villanova -7.5 over South Florida... Incredible day for Philadelphia basketball yesterday, both college and NBA...can 'nova keep that run going?

Massachusetts -12.5 over Fordham... Fordham has been riding high. They come down to Earth tonight.

Goodluck......

NCAA(B): 8-7
NHL: 12-4-1

dw13
01-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Utah State -7 vs Fresno State

King_Killah
01-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Damn.... tanked the college hoops, but NHL gave me a winning night.

Only have two checked in so far... Looking for a 3rd.

Philly Sixers -10 over Detroit...

Iona -19 over Niagara...

Looking at hockey, I think for my third play?!?!

King_Killah
01-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Updated numbers:

NCAA(B): 8-9
NHL: 15-4-1

King_Killah
01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I know I am a quarter+ late, but just for the record..... I went all DOGS for NFL wild card weekend.

Bengals +3 over Houston
Tebow +9 over Pittsburgh...(if this creeps to double digits, I might hit it again)
Lions +10.5 over New Orleans
Falcons +3 over NyG

I also tapped in on New Orleans/Detroit OVER 59.

Bring that.......................

Gooooood luck!

King_Killah
01-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Wow..... OVER hits. Bengals and Lions, yuck.... Have Tebow +9 going. Number fell to 8. I thought for sure that it would go back up to at least 10. That number has bounced around a lot. I have the Falcons +3 going. Interesting tidbit here... The last concensus look showed a ton of action coming in on the Giants, yet the number hasn't budged. Makes one wonder! In addition, I also am checking in the Pittsburgh/Tebow UNDER 35. I am hearing snowy conditions in Denver, coupled with Denver can't pass, coupled with Ben can't walk. That said, we'll probably see a 49-42 finish.

I may check in the GoDaddy.com bowl later. I hope I don't need it!

dw13
01-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Would of been nice to get that Broncos game at 10. Was it ever that high?

I don't bet NFL, so yeah, I'm not on anything.

dw13
01-14-2012, 01:44 PM
West Va -10
Charlotte +6
LB State -18

dw13
01-14-2012, 11:05 PM
2-1

NCAA(B): 22-7-1
Overall: 49-25-1

dw13
05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Last 2 nights have been shoo-in wins. Miami -11 and Indiana -10.5

I'll keep it riding on Chicago +3.5 and see what the LAL line does before tip.