PDA

View Full Version : Is Letang over achieving?

supe
01-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Team B. I'm currently in first, I need points.

I know he is the premier D-man for one of the most offensive squads in the league, BUT he has already surpassed almost all his stats (G, A, +/-,PIMS) from last year. Yes he is filling an empty role in Gonchar, but those are some big shoes to fill. Will he keep up his pace? Can he stay in the top spot at the point?

What if I could get a guy like Thornton out of it? (We're in talks)

The nice deal for me is I have both Thomas and Lundy which I can package since I am by far killing everyone in all the goalie cats, but I am in first, so maybe just stand pat...

jeffoule
01-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Dont trade a goalie, if you are first there is a reason for that.

As for Letang, I think he can keep the speed, but with Sid concussion there is a possbility of a slow down. If you can get Thornton fro him, do it.

supe
01-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I've thought about not trading a goalie but the FA list is kind of ridiculous to me:
Hiller, Ward, Backstrom

lektrix
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Drop Staal for Hiller...

Anaheim plays a lot of games on off nights so you'll get a chance to use him.

And FYI Hiller's a top-5 roto goalie.

With Lundq and Thomas you'll have 3 of the top-5 goalies....GG

Rocklobster
01-28-2011, 02:54 PM
lektrix has it right. you don't need m.staal anyway and he should probably be a FA in an 8 teamer league.
Hiller is a beast, you gotta grab him even though you only start one G.

supe
01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
I think we're all on the same page here. I know about Hillers skill level.

But what you dont understand is I'm WAAYYY ahead in all the goalie stats and need player points.

Well technically I dont need anything since im leading but you know what I mean.

Maybe Thomas + Yandle for E.Staal? which really amounts to Thomas + Yandle for E.Staal and Hiller.

On a side note, can someone explain why M.Staal is not doing well fantasy wise. He seems to have all the right pieces, ice time, PP time, good team, and Staal as a last name.

If you provide a good argument I'll go pick up Hiller for Staal even tho I dont need another goalie.

Rocklobster
01-28-2011, 05:38 PM
m. staal is more or a defensive D than a offensive D. Sure he's getting some PP time, but it's only because he was showing more offense this year. He's cooled down a bit more now and isn't a guy I would count on to get you points. Sure his +/- is good but in an 8 team league there are many better options than him.

If you could trade thomas + yandle for e. staal i would be impressed. It'll be tough to deal a G when you have hiller + ward + backstrom as FA's. I would dump staal, pick up hiller and then try and deal a G.