PDA

View Full Version : I can you help picking my 8 keepers

birdbrains
01-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Can you help me picking my 8 keepers

well, Its that time to throw in the towel and pick my keepers and trade away the rest for next years draft picks...
Can you jhelp me determine who you think should be my 8
This is my guess, and it is a guess...can you lend me some of your hockey expertise in telling me what changes to this list you see

Bryzgalov
Datsyuk
Thornton
Nicklas Lidstrom
Dan Boyle
Briere
Eriksson
Lidstrom

here is my team
i am in 14th place not doing so well this year

This is a 16 team h2h league
THIS IS A KEEPER LEAGUE WHERE WE KEEP 8

c - Datsyuk, Pavel
c - Thornton, Joe
c - Brian Boyle
lw - Andrei Kostitsyn
lw - Sean Avery
lw - Jason Blake
rw - Bourque, Rene
rw - Briere, Daniel
rw -Kostitsyni
d -Boyle, Dan
d - Gonchar, Sergei
d - Nicklas Lidstrom
d -Bryan McCabe
d - Roman Hamrilik
util - Eriksson, Loui
Bench- Wayne Simmonds RW
Bench - Steve Montador D
Bench-Darrwen Helm C

goalies
Bryzgalov
Brent Johnson
Cory Scheider
Mike Smith( Injured Reserve)
Andrew Raycroft
Clemenson

Goaltenders Stat Categories:Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

We also have 3 minimum appearances...

Roster Positions:C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories:Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG)

Raja
01-28-2011, 08:48 AM
You listed Lidstrom twice on yours. If you have time to wait and see him re-sign he's a keeper, but if there's any doubt I'd look elsewhere.

Bryzgalov
Datsyuk
Thornton
Lidstrom
Boyle
Briere
Eriksson
Bourque

heffeith
01-28-2011, 09:08 AM
With one third of your categories attributed to goalies, and 16 teams in your league, I'd be looking to lock up two clear starters: Bryzgalov for sure, but you need one more, and unless Schneider gets traded this year you don't have another one.

Look at the other bottom teams in your league. Target any that are strong in net but weak with skaters. You could aim for a mid-level goalie trading someone like Eriksson or Briere.

jeffoule
01-28-2011, 11:16 AM
This I guess :

c - Datsyuk, Pavel
c - Thornton, Joe
rw - Bourque, Rene
rw - Briere, Daniel
d -Boyle, Dan
d - Nicklas Lidstrom
util - Eriksson, Loui
Bryzgalov

But you might want to swap R.Bourque for Gonchar if he has a good 2nd half

Krown&Coke
01-28-2011, 08:46 PM
With one third of your categories attributed to goalies, and 16 teams in your league, I'd be looking to lock up two clear starters: Bryzgalov for sure, but you need one more, and unless Schneider gets traded this year you don't have another one.

Look at the other bottom teams in your league. Target any that are strong in net but weak with skaters. You could aim for a mid-level goalie trading someone like Eriksson or Briere.

This is good advice and i agree with it. Sounds like you can acquire picks in your league. Sacrifice what you need to this year for a solid #2 goalie behind bryz. Move a combo of whatever you can to get even a lower tier starter.

Your pics should be as you mentioned above, i think you got it.

g - Bryzgalov
c - Datsyuk, Pavel
c - Thornton, Joe
rw - Bourque, Rene
rw - Briere, Daniel
d -Boyle, Dan
d - Nicklas Lidstrom
util - Eriksson, Loui

thehockeyguy79
01-29-2011, 02:08 AM
If Keepers were due tomorrow (and Lidstrom was signed) I would keep the following:

Bryzgalov
Datsyuk, Pavel
Thornton, Joe
Briere
Eriksson
D. Boyle
Lidstrom
Cory Schneider

Now for the advice.

Not counting goalies if you consider Bourque the 9th man who would be kept you only have one player under 30 on your roster, Eriksson. Your number one priority should be to head into the off season with at the least two skaters in the 23-27 yrs of age range.

Schneider is too good to just release given how hard goalies are to come by in a 16 team format. No doubt in my mind he will be traded in the offseason and pick up 50% of the starts wherever he ends up.

Which brings me to Lidstrom. Start fielding offers for him whether its for picks and/or prospect/younger player. Yes he is one of the games top dmen but sadly you can't afford to wait and see what he does and even if signed an extension tomorrow I would still say deal him. Better to trade him now before you end up with nothing.

Jake
01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
I would NOT keep Lidstrom if you plan on selling. This is the perfect time to move him if you are on a rebuilding team. A bubble team or a team with the intention on winning it all this year would be willing to morgage a decent draft to get him for the playoff push this year, and since his future is uncertain its the perfect time for you to move him.