PDA

View Full Version : How much value does Neuvirth have?

djzaks
01-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Is he taken in your leagues?

Raja
01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
One year, he's a good 3rd goalie to have in 10+ team leagues, probably not worth it in less. Keeper he should be owned in all formats.

tets
01-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I had him on my team all season until about a week ago, i tried trading him several times to teams in need of a tender but no luck, already having 3 starters on my team and with Neuvirth getting hurt again, i couldnt wait for his value to go up and i dropped him in a 14 team league, hes been a FA for over a week and no one has picked him up yet. although im sure someone will sooner or later

goleafsgo2424
01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Same here. Couldn't trade him all season, dropped him when he got injured, nobody has picked him up.

Dubz
01-28-2011, 11:32 AM
One year, he's a good 3rd goalie to have in 10+ team leagues, probably not worth it in less. Keeper he should be owned in all formats.

Depending on cats and goalie hoarders in your 10+ league this is pretty much perfect advice. I only play keepers (which he is owned obviously) and in my 8 teamer non keeper i dropped him after the hot streak. He is still a FA

Dangles
01-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I'd venture to guess that the Caps will be rolling with Varly and Neuvy from here on out as long as they are healthy. Holtby is likely to toil in the minors, so Neuvy retains a little bit of value, but Varly is the top dog in WAS.

Chilly_Willy
01-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Very little IMO even in a keeper he is a gamble. Being injured and now holtby is getting starts. Holtby will likely be the odd man out. He has about the same value as Niemi Nittymaki IMO at current.

alias
01-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Varly is the top dog in WAS.

Really? I'm not so sure. I think most would agree Neuvirth is the better goaltender of the two, he just has less experience.

Very little IMO even in a keeper he is a gamble. Being injured and now holtby is getting starts. Holtby will likely be the odd man out. He has about the same value as Niemi Nittymaki IMO at current.

Varly gets injured just as much as Neuvy does. I think WAS deals one of Varlamov/Neuvirth by next season and the other is the #1 with Holtby backing him up.

keyboard
01-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Really? I'm not so sure. I think most would agree Neuvirth is the better goaltender of the two, he just has less experience.

Not to mention their contracts.