PDA

View Full Version : Islanders

Chilly_Willy
01-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Put yourself in the drivers seat. What are the top 5 or 6 things the Islanders can do to turn this organization into a winning franchise?

Spartan
01-27-2011, 09:35 PM
1) Move to Winnipeg.

phaneuf6
01-27-2011, 09:38 PM
2) Move to Quebec City.

moans
01-27-2011, 09:39 PM
3) Replace that piece of shit Nassau Coliseum

pjm
01-27-2011, 09:46 PM
4) Invent time machine - go to 1980.

MrScientist
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM
5) Tank for years like Pittsburgh.

two24four
01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
6.) Win the lottery this season and draft Gabriel Landeskog 1st overall.

Doctego
01-27-2011, 11:49 PM
3) Replace that piece of shit Nassau Coliseum

That's it right there. They have the worst building ever with the worst lease ever. Rectify that and the other stuff will correct itself eventually.

two24four
01-28-2011, 12:13 AM
With Tavares, Bailey, Moulson (who they just resigned today for 3 more years) Comeau, Okposo, Niederreiter, Hamonic, Wishart, de Haan, DeHart, that's some pretty good young kids to build around, + another high pick this year to take one of Landeskog, Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Couturier etc.... they will be fine in a couple of years, I could only wish the Leafs had prospects like this :cry:

Jake
01-28-2011, 12:22 AM
With Tavares, Bailey, Moulson (who they just resigned today for 3 more years) Comeau, Okposo, Niederreiter, Hamonic, Wishart, de Haan, DeHart, that's some pretty good young kids to build around, + another high pick this year to take one of Landeskog, Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins, Couturier etc.... they will be fine in a couple of years, I could only wish the Leafs had prospects like this :cry:

Yeah, but its the Islanders- they will find a way to mess it up.

WIS
01-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Also, Petrov and Kabanov.

toronto1979
01-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Like when the Islanders had those young stars McCabe, Bertuzzi, Chara, Redden, Berard, Connolly, Luongo, Jokinen, Schneider, Osgood... :lol:

Snipes16
01-28-2011, 08:38 AM
7) Bring back Milbury to stabilize things

Raja
01-28-2011, 08:54 AM
They need new ownership.

madsci
01-28-2011, 09:39 AM
8) Fire Garth Snow as GM and replace him with Rick DiPietro.

Hamsterkill
01-28-2011, 09:53 AM
That's it right there. They have the worst building ever with the worst lease ever. Rectify that and the other stuff will correct itself eventually.

That's probably the most glaring change I can see being needed, but also one of the most unlikely, I think.

Doctego
01-28-2011, 10:18 AM
That's probably the most glaring change I can see being needed, but also one of the most unlikely, I think.

Agreed. No way they can get out of that lease. Wang had a hardon for the Lighthouse Project but, in this economy, it never had a chance.

two24four
01-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Like when the Islanders had those young stars McCabe, Bertuzzi, Chara, Redden, Berard, Connolly, Luongo, Jokinen, Schneider, Osgood... :lol:

Yeah but Milbury is a tool.

Also, dont forget the pick Ottawa used to draft Spezza was from the Isles.

toronto1979
01-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah but Milbury is a tool.
The man was terrible at trading, but at least he was good at the draft table.

two24four
01-28-2011, 01:05 PM
The man was terrible at trading, but at least he was good at the draft table.

Sure, but that's not just him, his scouts I bet had alot to do with with that.

One thing people forget when teams draft, for the most part the GM's are taking the scouts word on a player, GM's get out to see some players, they dont have time to get out and see all players.

If you dont have good scouts you wont be drafting good, I have heard many GM's say after a draft when being interviewed that they really did not see a player but took him anyways because his scouts loved that player, if you cant take your scouts word your f*cked.

Dubz
01-28-2011, 01:19 PM
1) Move to Winnipeg.

:lol: Before i opened this one i thought to myself....SELL!!!

You forgot a franchise goaltenter named Nabokov

They have to sign these kids to keep them around....im sure the agents see $$$