PDA

View Full Version : Offered Crosby, mixed feelings...

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 05:04 PM
He want's my Miller for his Crosby but this concussion has me worried. I've been absolutely clobbered by concussions this season and I don't want another, but its Crosby!

Trading miller would leave me with s. mason, Rask and Turco. I could shop Malkin for a goalie but that concussion... I have crap goaltending after trade.

Keep 2 for only 2 seasons max (#)
14 teams currently tied for second
G A P +/- PIM PPP SHG GWG SOG FW FL || W SV SV% SO
Malkin Marleau Plekanec
Ladd, Gagne,
Backes, Williams, Pominville
Burns, Enstrom, Fowler
Miller(2), S Mason, Rask, Turco

His

J Staal Pavelski Crosby(1) Getzlaf(IR)
MacArthur Benn Laich
Franzen Downie
Lidstrom Giordano Rafalski
Brodeur, Raycroft, Garon

jeffoule
01-26-2011, 05:10 PM
So based on your system, you would not be able to keep Miller after this season?

I think you have to accept this offer, you can't get Crosby cheaper than that ... Then yeah, you have to start working on a deal for a G ... badly.

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 05:10 PM
FA goalies
Ellis, Gigure, Johnson, Nittymaki, LeClair, Schnieder

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes I have to move Miller this season or give him up to the next draft.

jeffoule
01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Yes I have to move Miller this season or give him up to the next draft.

do you think you could do:

Crosby+Brodeur for Miller+Marleau/Plekanec/Pomminville ?

moans
01-26-2011, 05:19 PM
do you think you could do:

Crosby+Brodeur for Miller+Marleau/Plekanec/Pomminville ?

I was thinking along these lines as well. I'd try a C before Pominville.

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
I txt'd him he said he has the offer out to others as well and he's gonna see if anyone responds to his original offer.

Rocklobster
01-26-2011, 05:30 PM
i would take that deal, you get the #1 player in the league. Like you said you can trade for a goalie later by trading malkin. if you have to trade miller, you won't get many better offers than that.

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Any concerns about the concussion or is it still a solid deal in the face of that. Look at what happened to Savard, Mueller. Anyone see this happening to Sid?

Rocklobster
01-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I have no worries about him. I think it's safe to say sid will not be like savard. :beer:

ribs1
01-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Take the offer as it is. Worry about a goalie later.

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks everyone! I accepted the offer, wanted to do it before it got pulled off the table. With our scoring system this may even work out even if I don't find a goalie, as long as he comes back this season lol. Probably gonna start shopping Malkin for a goalie :)

moans
01-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Any concerns about the concussion or is it still a solid deal in the face of that. Look at what happened to Savard, Mueller. Anyone see this happening to Sid?

These guys have had multiple concussions while Sid has sustained just the one. As long as he lets this current concussion heal properly he should be okay.

Rocklobster
01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
good work and with luck you'll land a decent goalie for malkin.

Habber82
01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
good deal.

doofdoof
01-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Yep, good call

moans
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Any chance Reimer's available? I think he'll get a good number of starts down the stretch while posting solid numbers. Kid looks great out there.

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 10:11 PM
He is and I may be able to get by with just starts. Obviously I'd like to get some wins there too but once Crosby kicks in I should get many offensive cats to cover up crummy goalies. I can probably afford to drop Turco at this point aye? Crawford seems to have run away with it he is even getting starts on back to back nights.

Here is the FA goalie outlook
Ellis
Giguere
Niittymaki
Dubnyk
Schneider
Leclaire
Bernier
Reimer
Poulin

Isn't Reimer only playing due to injury though?

Habber82
01-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Schneider, Bernier and Reimer are your best bets. Personally, I would stay away from Reimer - he's part of a three goalie platoon and he plays for one of the worst teams in the league. Schneider and Bernier are both very capable backups who have been and should continue to see regular starts. Bernier is probably the biggest risk/reward as Kings coaching staff has said that they will use the "win and your in" philosophy. So if Bernier can pull off a few wins, it may be his job to lose....

Chilly_Willy
01-26-2011, 10:32 PM
What are your thoughts on Dubnyk he has not looked so bad lately.

housenuts
01-27-2011, 01:14 AM
easy trade. if his concussion has long lasting effects then that sucks for hockey more than for your fantasy team

jeffoule
01-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I would grab Bernier

gogoayane
01-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I would grab Schneider - looking at VAN's schedule, they got a pretty tight schedule in February and March - Schneider should see maybe 30-40% start seeing they'll want to rest Luongo a bit more prior to playoff... I would drop Turco for him