PDA

View Full Version : HI POTW-The Nabby dilemna

Hockeyis#1
01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
The Red Wings signed Nabakov to a 1 year deal, but he had to be waived. The 3rd available team, the Islanders, claimed him.

Nabby has refused to join the team, and they have since suspended him for not reporting.

So what happens to Nabby now?

Hamsterkill
01-25-2011, 07:29 PM
He can't be traded until after after the playoffs.

I think either Nabokov will have his contract tolled and be forced to report to the Isles next year (or be traded in the offseason), or he'll report to the Isles when it looks like they'll seek to have his contract tolled.

madsci
01-26-2011, 10:09 AM
and he'll be forced to report to NYI next year, and he'll retire.

Raja
01-26-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure he's said he doesn't mind reporting to the Islanders next year, since with their young talent+healthy players they'll be a better team and potentially have a chance at the playoffs. I do however think he'd be opposed to splitting starts with Dipietro, so who knows. He won't do anything this year.

Jake
01-26-2011, 07:17 PM

I think either Nabokov will have his contract tolled and be forced to report to the Isles next year (or be traded in the offseason), or he'll report to the Isles when it looks like they'll seek to have his contract tolled.

Thats why I went with other, I think they will toll his contact and it will start a whole new shitstom. The Isles hold all the cards now and Wang strikes me as the type that you dont want to screw over

Cornholio
01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Why?
I might have missed a chapter in the NHL rulebook ;)

Hamsterkill
01-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Why?
I might have missed a chapter in the NHL rulebook ;)
Because Nabokov was acquired via waivers. If the Isles desired to move him during the same season they acquired him they would have to waive him first and Nabby clearing waivers is just not going to happen.

13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside
North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his
Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs)
only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the
Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or
Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim.

Cornholio
01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks!
Didn't know that.