PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

nyrblue2
01-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Didn't find a thread on this topic after searching, but if I missed it, feel free to merge.

Concerts - what's coming up that you're going to? What have you just seen?

I went to Michael Franti & Spearhead on Friday night. Good stuff. Just started listening to him a few months ago and seeing him live will have me hooked for a while.

phaneuf6
01-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm heading to U2 this summer after the show was postponed in Toronto last summer due to Bono's back surgery.

moans
01-24-2011, 11:38 AM
They just announced edgefest this morning so I'll be picking up my tickets during the presale on Wednesday. Lineup seems pretty damn solid.
http://www.edge.ca/ConcertsandEvents/Edgefest/ArtistLineUp.aspx

looch17
01-24-2011, 02:00 PM
This Saturday night I am going to see Sevendust, Korn and Disturbed all in the same show!

nyrblue2
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
This Saturday night I am going to see Sevendust, Korn and Disturbed all in the same show!
Yea, they came through here this weekend, too. Thought about it, but passed. A few years ago and I probably would have gone.

ih8music
01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
going to what looks like a dive bar in long beach thurs night to see my current favorite band, Lucero, play. i've seen them before, but not in such a tiny venue (150-200 people). should be a blast.

Gern Blansten
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Mike Watt (Minuteman fame)
Ice Cube
Chris Cornell
Pixies

In the next few months, I'll be seeing the above shows. While I'm not really into Cube, I think it would be a fun resume show.

ih8music
01-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Mike Watt (Minuteman fame)

Is Watt still doing his avant-garde stuff? I heard some of the music from the 'Floored by Four' project he did with Nels Cline and it was a little too out there for me... still a legend; would enjoy seeing him if it was a rock show.

b_illin
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Didn't find a thread on this topic after searching, but if I missed it, feel free to merge.

Concerts - what's coming up that you're going to? What have you just seen?

I went to Michael Franti & Spearhead on Friday night. Good stuff. Just started listening to him a few months ago and seeing him live will have me hooked for a while.

Sweet!! I posted a song or two of his/theirs in the song of the day thread a while back

(edit: here they are)

YouTube - television the drug of the nation
(when I first heard Franti in the early 90's)

YouTube - Spearhead - People in the Middle
(my fav song of his...specifically with this chica)

Gern Blansten
01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Is Watt still doing his avant-garde stuff? I heard some of the music from the 'Floored by Four' project he did with Nels Cline and it was a little too out there for me... still a legend; would enjoy seeing him if it was a rock show.

Not really sure. First saw him with fIREHOSE in the '80 and then his solo stuff in the mid/late '90s. Kind of lost track of him in the new century. Guess I'd best check that out before trotting down to First Ave. Thanks for the heads up.

Ohhh, if they'd only stay the same as the first few times you saw them. :D

King_Killah
01-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Got a few things coming up...

Bon Jovi
Skid Row

Word is that US dates for the Big Four Tour (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax) is going to be released Tuesday, January 25th. I'll likely be at this as well...

I am sure there will be plenty that will be included on this list as days roll by.

MrScientist
01-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Metallica is the last (and only) concert I've been to. November 2009 in Grand Rapids

CayugaPosse
01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Got a couple on the go...

Deftones in May.
Edgefest.
Symphony X/Nevermore/Soilwork

King_Killah
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Got a couple on the go...

Deftones in May.
Edgefest.
Symphony X/Nevermore/Soilwork

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looch17
01-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Yea, they came through here this weekend, too. Thought about it, but passed. A few years ago and I probably would have gone.Yeah I couldn't pass this one up. Should be a good one.

CayugaPosse
01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

Full lineup is :

Blackguard
Powerglove
Soilwork
Nevermore
Symphony X

King_Killah
01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Powerglove is pretty cool.... I like their metalized video game songs!!!

Cornholio
01-26-2011, 07:55 PM
In Europe, the billing is:
Nevermore
Symphony X
Psychotic Waltz
Mercenary
Thaurorod

They'll be here in march, can't wait!

And this summer, I'll see Roxette, Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi...
Not quite my style regularly, but they all were all over the radio & MTV when I first came in touch with music in the early 90's.

King_Killah
01-28-2011, 05:07 PM
In Europe, the billing is:
Nevermore
Symphony X
Psychotic Waltz
Mercenary
Thaurorod

They'll be here in march, can't wait!

And this summer, I'll see Roxette, Bryan Adams and Bon Jovi...
Not quite my style regularly, but they all were all over the radio & MTV when I first came in touch with music in the early 90's.

Wow..... Roxette!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! Hahahah... I can handle the Jove and Bryan Adams... Damn, what was that one Roxette song that was on ALLLLLLLL the time.

ih8music
01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Wow..... Roxette!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!! Hahahah... I can handle the Jove and Bryan Adams... Damn, what was that one Roxette song that was on ALLLLLLLL the time.

YouTube - Roxette - The Look

indeed, it was on ALLLLLLLL the time.

ih8music
01-28-2011, 05:30 PM
going to what looks like a dive bar in long beach thurs night to see my current favorite band, Lucero, play. i've seen them before, but not in such a tiny venue (150-200 people). should be a blast.
this lived up to my hopes big time. ears still buzzing, head still throbbing, throat sore. Lucero puts on a great show, and the tiny venue was perfect for the rowdy crowd.

It was actually not a dive bar at all - Alex's Bar in long beach is apparently there they shoot the Fangtasia scenes in True Blood (never seen the show). it was also the bar used for the Tenacious D movie. Anyway, cool place, cheap drinks, great beer menu (where they proudly don't offer Bud/Bud Light). I think I shall be returning.:D

Buckeye
01-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Tonight for me: Kid Rock w/Jamey Johnson from the 10th row!

looch17
01-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Just got back from Disturbed, Korn and Sevedust show. It was a great time. I went with a friend who had never been to a concert before so needless to say it was fun. I had to show him what the floor was all about and he did good with it and said he would be back so mission accomplished lol. Disturbed didn't close on this night it was Korn's turn which kind of sucked, but while they were on the rocked out hard. The floor was moving the entire time Disturbed was playing. Sevendust should have played longer too the energy they bring is through the roof. Would have loved to see a longer set by them. Korn played some of their old stuff, but overall could have done without most of it. I had seen the them at a show I worked at and the pretty much played the same set and their energy level is not what it once was. The opener was a group called In This Moment. Never heard of them, music was OK, but singer (female) was pretty annoying. Had a really irritating voice and could hardly understand her. All in all great show and if they come to your area I recommend checking it out.

King_Killah
01-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Just got back from Disturbed, Korn and Sevedust show. It was a great time. I went with a friend who had never been to a concert before so needless to say it was fun. I had to show him what the floor was all about and he did good with it and said he would be back so mission accomplished lol. Disturbed didn't close on this night it was Korn's turn which kind of sucked, but while they were on the rocked out hard. The floor was moving the entire time Disturbed was playing. Sevendust should have played longer too the energy they bring is through the roof. Would have loved to see a longer set by them. Korn played some of their old stuff, but overall could have done without most of it. I had seen the them at a show I worked at and the pretty much played the same set and their energy level is not what it once was. The opener was a group called In This Moment. Never heard of them, music was OK, but singer (female) was pretty annoying. Had a really irritating voice and could hardly understand her. All in all great show and if they come to your area I recommend checking it out.

In This Moment are actually pretty talented musically... But I agree the chick can get annoying after a few songs. Sevendust always puts on a tight show filled with incredible energy. I love Disturbed. It depends on where they play though... For some reason, every time I saw them at an outdoor venue, the sound was off... but when I see them inside, the place explodes. Korn. Another I agree... I've seen them plenty. They don't have the energy they once had. That tour...I might have liked the billing to be In This Moment, Korn, Disturbed, Sevendust closing...but that would never happen with K & D on the tour.

looch17
01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
In This Moment are actually pretty talented musically... But I agree the chick can get annoying after a few songs. Sevendust always puts on a tight show filled with incredible energy. I love Disturbed. It depends on where they play though... For some reason, every time I saw them at an outdoor venue, the sound was off... but when I see them inside, the place explodes. Korn. Another I agree... I've seen them plenty. They don't have the energy they once had. That tour...I might have liked the billing to be In This Moment, Korn, Disturbed, Sevendust closing...but that would never happen with K & D on the tour.Yeah the best possible show would have been Disturbed and Sevendust. They were the ones that got the crowd going and really know how to put on a good show!

fancy19
02-01-2011, 09:54 AM
U2 is coming to Moncton this year (I'm in Halifax). Not a huge fan but heard the show is awesome.

madsci
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
U2 is coming to Moncton this year (I'm in Halifax). Not a huge fan but heard the show is awesome.

Arcade Fire playing at that show, too. I'm going to be in NS not far from Moncton when the show's on, and have always kicked myself for turning down a ticket to the Zooropa tour. Might go, though the days when I thought it would be fun to deal with a crowd of 70K people are well behind me...

Andrew1125
02-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Saw Finger Eleven at a small venue last week, pretty damn good show (I've seen them once before and didn't enjoy it at all). I really wanted to make it out to one of the larger festivals in the States this year (Coachella looks pants-shittingly good) but it seems like most of these shows are during final exams :(

nyrblue2
03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
The Dirty Heads on April 8th, Badfish again on April 16th.

Potentially going to Bonnaroo in June. Sweet...

Kyle
03-31-2011, 04:33 AM
Electric Forest 2011.

http://www.theuntz.com/userfiles/Picture%2013(4).png

Doctego
03-31-2011, 07:18 AM
REO Speedwagon?? Really??

CayugaPosse
04-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Heavy TO 2011 :

Saturday -

Megadeth
Anthrax
Motorhead
Opeth
As I Lay Dying
DevilDriver
Children of Bodom
The Sword
Diamond Head
Times of Grace

Sunday -

Slayer
Rob Zombie
Billy Talent
Mastodon
Testament
Anvil
Volbeat
Baptized in Blood
Melissa Auf der Maur

canuckthug
04-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Heavy TO 2011 :

Saturday -

Megadeth
Anthrax
Motorhead
Opeth
As I Lay Dying
DevilDriver
Children of Bodom
The Sword
Diamond Head
Times of Grace

Sunday -

Slayer
Rob Zombie
Billy Talent
Mastodon
Testament
Anvil
Volbeat
Baptized in Blood
Melissa Auf der Maur

whoa! what city is that in?? i haven't heard a handful of those bands (just the bolded ones) but i know a good show when i see one.. and thats a good show. how much were tickets?

Cornholio
04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Dude what a FUCKING great line-up!!!
Enjoy the show and bang your head!!!

I am looking forward to "The Big Four" in Germany in July!!!

moans
04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
whoa! what city is that in?? i haven't heard a handful of those bands (just the bolded ones) but i know a good show when i see one.. and thats a good show. how much were tickets?

It's in Toronto and tix are 135 for the weekend. It's at downsview park so there's no risk of it selling out.

CayugaPosse
04-01-2011, 05:15 PM
It's in Toronto and tix are 135 for the weekend. It's at downsview park so there's no risk of it selling out.

Yup.

There's a Heavy MTL as well in Montreal that's different but loaded as well.

Montreal is :

Saturday -

Disturbed
Godsmack
Billy Talent
In Flames
Trivium
Machine Head
Unearth
and more...

Sunday -

Kiss
Motorhead
Opeth
Anthrax
Children of Bodom
As I Lay Dying
The Sword
DevilDriver
and more...

CayugaPosse
04-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Surprised by two "not knows" on that list. Opeth, and even moreso Motorhead. I mean, if you watch WWE you know them(they do both of Triple H's theme songs) and the song "Ace of Spades" is one of the more well known metal songs of the last 25 years.

And if you don't know of Opeth, check them out, there may be no better metal band over the last 10 years. "Blackwater Park", "Damnation", "Deliverance", "Ghost Reveries" and "Watershed" are all absolutely incredible CD's.

canuckthug
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Surprised by two "not knows" on that list. Opeth, and even moreso Motorhead. I mean, if you watch WWE you know them(they do both of Triple H's theme songs) and the song "Ace of Spades" is one of the more well known metal songs of the last 25 years.

And if you don't know of Opeth, check them out, there may be no better metal band over the last 10 years. "Blackwater Park", "Damnation", "Deliverance", "Ghost Reveries" and "Watershed" are all absolutely incredible CD's.

Cool... I'll have to check out Opeth and a few more.. Both card looks pretty damn impressive. I like Toronto's more..but MTL has Godsmack, Disturbed, etc,, to make up for it ... should be a hell of time in both cities. :beer:

$135 for 2 days (all day long)!! damn. sweet deal. gonna be a good time. You gotta be fully hydrated/pace yourself to make that one count.

nyrblue2
04-11-2011, 07:40 PM
The Dirty Heads on April 8th, Badfish again on April 16th.

Potentially going to Bonnaroo in June. Sweet...
Tickets for Bonnaroo now purchased for me and my gf. Whoohoo.

Cornholio
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I'll see the "Big Four" in July in Germany :cool:

Kyle
04-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Tickets for Bonnaroo now purchased for me and my gf. Whoohoo.

I don't like the silly rap acts they brought in with all the hippy jam bands. Obvious cash grab. But my favorite band in the world String Cheese Incident performs at Roo this year. Check them out while you're there if you never have.

b_illin
04-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Was at the Collie Buddz show last night...good times....lots of sexy ladies. The drummer for New Kingston was awesome.

nyrblue2
04-13-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't like the silly rap acts they brought in with all the hippy jam bands. Obvious cash grab. But my favorite band in the world String Cheese Incident performs at Roo this year. Check them out while you're there if you never have.
Yea, there's actually not many acts that I am familiar with or like, but I'm sure I'll discover some new ones and otherwise just have a blast. SCI, G Love, NOFX and Gregg Allman are on the short list of specific ones I'm looking forward to seeing.

ih8music
04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Yea, there's actually not many acts that I am familiar with or like, but I'm sure I'll discover some new ones and otherwise just have a blast. SCI, G Love, NOFX and Gregg Allman are on the short list of specific ones I'm looking forward to seeing.
FWIW... checking out this year's lineup, these are the performers I'd recommend; more or less in order.

Deer Tick
Justin Townes Earle
The Black Keys
Best Coast
Iron & Wine
Mumford & Sons
My Morning Jacket
Old Crow Medicine Show
Arcade Fire
Primus
Mavis Staples

(I could have sworn Delta Spirit was also playing Bonaroo, but they're not in the official lineup. must be Coachella or one of the others.)

pjm
04-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Man I would love to go to Coachella or Bonaroo some day soon. Arcade Fire would be so awesome to see there.

Kyle
04-14-2011, 02:21 AM
FWIW... checking out this year's lineup, these are the performers I'd recommend; more or less in order.

Deer Tick
Justin Townes Earle
The Black Keys
Best Coast
Iron & Wine
Mumford & Sons
My Morning Jacket
Old Crow Medicine Show
Arcade Fire
Primus
Mavis Staples

(I could have sworn Delta Spirit was also playing Bonaroo, but they're not in the official lineup. must be Coachella or one of the others.)

I'll offer my own list, more electronic/jam band based.

-Widespread Panic
-String Cheese Incident
-Girl Talk
-Bassnectar
-Explosions in the Sky
-STS9
-Ratatat
-Pretty Lights
-Iron and Wine

b_illin
04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Bonaroo would be cool, but I think Coachella would be shit. All the super posers that I know have been getting all giddy about Coachella for the last month or so and I cringe with every status update I see on FB. Coachella is 'too cool' now IMO.

ih8music
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Bonaroo would be cool, but I think Coachella would be shit. All the super posers that I know have been getting all giddy about Coachella for the last month or so and I cringe with every status update I see on FB. Coachella is 'too cool' now IMO.
Coachella often has some really interesting lineups, but there's no way I'm going to spend the weekend camping out in the middle of the freaking desert (or pay a fortune to stay at some crappy best western). as for the high douchebag ratio there, being so close to LA it's inevitable.

b_illin
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I regret saying it would be shit, the music would be cool for sure, it's the douchebag ratio that Ih8 suggested that puts me off.

Kyle
04-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Bonaroo is going to have the same high percentage of douche bags. Lil Wayne and Eminem? Thats the main reason I'm passing. I'll save that weekend vacation for a festival I know will be full of better people, like All Good, Nateva, Electric Forest, Bearcreek, Wanee, etc.

Coachella is definitely also a really bad social scene.

pjm
04-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Coachella is definitely also a really bad social scene.

Are you saying Coachella is a... Broken Social Scene?

*rimshot

CayugaPosse
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Saw Dillinger Escape Plan and Deftones last night, incredible show. If anyone here likes any form of rock/metal and has never seen Deftones, they are an absolutely can't miss live show, and last night was about as good as they've ever sounded. They came out and just attacked us, they bled their first 6 songs together so there was absolutely no pause, and just left the entire building so out of breath it was amazing.

Setlist :

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Birthmark
Engine No.9
By Quiet and Drive(Far Away)
My Own Summer(Shove It)
(this is the first point music stopped for a second)
Digital Bath
Korea
Knife Prty
Hexagram
Minerva
Bloody Cape
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Cherry Waves
Feiticeira
Elite
Change(In The House Of Flies)
Passenger(featuring Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan, who did a remarkable job)
Back To School(Mini Maggot)

Encore :

Root
7 Words

King_Killah
05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Saw Dillinger Escape Plan and Deftones last night, incredible show. If anyone here likes any form of rock/metal and has never seen Deftones, they are an absolutely can't miss live show, and last night was about as good as they've ever sounded. They came out and just attacked us, they bled their first 6 songs together so there was absolutely no pause, and just left the entire building so out of breath it was amazing.

Setlist :

Diamond Eyes
Rocket Skates
Birthmark
Engine No.9
By Quiet and Drive(Far Away)
My Own Summer(Shove It)
(this is the first point music stopped for a second)
Digital Bath
Korea
Knife Prty
Hexagram
Minerva
Bloody Cape
You've Seen The Butcher
Sextape
Cherry Waves
Feiticeira
Elite
Change(In The House Of Flies)
Passenger(featuring Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan, who did a remarkable job)
Back To School(Mini Maggot)

Encore :

Root
7 Words

Question Cayuga....... Was it an outdoor venue??? I saw the 'tones twice. The indoor show completely blew away the outdoor show. The outdoor venue, the sound was terrible. The indoor spot they were on point.

King_Killah
05-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Got some shows on tap..........

Motley Crue/Poison/New York Dolls 3X (Hershey, PA; Camden, NJ; Holmdel, NJ)...........First of all are you kidding me...Poison and Motley Crue on the same show!!! I go to Poison everytime they play Hershey. Was trying to hit the Motley/Poison show in Charlotte, but between Poison in Hershey and an insane work schedule, Charlotte is gonna be hard to hit. The Camden show is near my backyard and the Holmdel show is close enough to possibly make it a Poison/Motley weekend.

Megadeth/Godsmack/Disturbed/Machinehead/In Flames/Trivium at Holmdel, NJ........... This show is ridiculous! Megadeth will show the others what its like to shred, but it is a solid line-up. Wonder what happened to the Gigantour...

Kid Rock at Atlantic City, NJ

Whitesnake/Tesla/Sebastian Bach/Lita Ford/Firehouse at Holmdel. Haters can hate. Whitesnake rocks...the last two albums are solid. Tesla is solid. Sebastian Bach puts on a good live show, although I prefer Skid Row with Johnny Solinger over him. LITA...... F*CK YES!!!! Firehouse. One of the few bands of that era to still enlist an original line-up! Good stuff.

..........and the BIG ONE!!!! I mean, uh.... THE BIG FOUR!!!!!!

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax at Yankee Stadium. I am going to this for historic, nostalgic reasons... It actually will be a great show. Megadeth is always on point. Anthrax is solid live. Slayer is solid live. .....and well, Metallica, as long as they limit the new tracks to 5 or less in the set, they should be solid as well. The Big Four did the overseas thing, then they did a west coast gig, now they are claiming a one-off for the east coast. I am willing to bet that this thing hits a full North American run, likely stadiums.

Awww f*ck it... I'll admit, it... Throwing this one out there too. Gonna be at Sugarland, too. My wife is all about Sugarland, and while I don't particularly care for country music, there is a lot of eye candy at country music concerts!

....and not a concert, but I will be doing the Nikki Sixx book signing as well in Philly. Was invited to do the NYC signing in tonight, but there was just no way to work it into the schedule.

CayugaPosse
05-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Question Cayuga....... Was it an outdoor venue??? I saw the 'tones twice. The indoor show completely blew away the outdoor show. The outdoor venue, the sound was terrible. The indoor spot they were on point.

It was indoors at Sound Academy which is a criminally underused venue in Toronto. Great building.

That said, last year I saw them outdoors at the Molson Ampitheatre with Mastodon and Alice In Chains, and they sounded exceptional. MA is a fucking incredible outdoor venue acoustically so maybe that helped, but they sounded exceptional.

CayugaPosse
05-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Just got my tickets to the Soundgarden reunion tour, Coheed & Cambria opening for them.

phaneuf6
05-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Anybody in Toronto seen a show at the Rexall Centre? Curious as to what its like as a concert venue..

Kyle
05-14-2011, 04:40 PM
On that note, what is everyone here's favorite venue they've been in?

Mine is, far and beyond, Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado.

http://16thstreethotels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/red-rocks-amphitheatre.png

http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/red-rocks-amphitheatre-at-night-james-o-thompson.jpg

Breathtaking. The size and scope of it all really captures you when you're there.

CayugaPosse
05-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Always wanted to go there.

Mine is The Gorge Amphitheatre in Washington. If there's one place in North America that can compete with the awe-inspiring nature of Red Rocks, it's The Gorge. Saw Ozzfest there years ago, blew my mind.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/Gorge_Amphitheatre.jpg/800px-Gorge_Amphitheatre.jpg

http://thefifthcorner.com/wp-content/gallery/venues/6a00e398a75eb8000500e398f9081e0004-500pi.jpg

Kyle
05-15-2011, 03:24 AM
Wow, comparable indeed, what a staggeringly beautiful plot of land. I'd fucking love to watch a show there.

Dear lord what a fucking view. I'm touched.

Buckeye
05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok, here goes:
5/24: Lynyrd Skynyrd w/ZZ Top
6/1: Willie Nelson and Family
8/2: Motley Crue and Posion
8/16: Kid Rock w/Sheryl Crow

Buckeye
05-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Got some shows on tap..........

Awww f*ck it... I'll admit, it... Throwing this one out there too. Gonna be at Sugarland, too. My wife is all about Sugarland, and while I don't particularly care for country music, there is a lot of eye candy at country music concerts!

Not to hijack the thread, but KK, I have a ton of respect for Sugarland. This song/video still gives me goosebumps and causes me to tear up EVERY single time I hear and see it. Whether or not this genre of music is your cup of tea or not, the pure, raw emotion an artist can evoke is absolutely incredible.
YouTube - ‪Sugarland - Stay‬‏

Buckeye
05-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Last night's concert: Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top, for anyone who cares....I don't think this is the type of show most HIers would find themselves attending. I, however, am old and a product of the classic rock of the 70's. Both bands played equal time. ZZ Top closed the show. I have seen Skynyrd close to a dozen times since the late 90's.....this really pains me to say, but last night was by far the worst. No personalities. Rossington seemed to be going through the motions. This is the first time I have seen them w/o Billy Powell and probably the last. Rickey Medlocke was his usual, high energy, entertaining self, but the set was just.....I don't know.....blah.

ZZ Top was tight and on their game. The Reverend did this thing where he held up his pick, showed it to Dusty, handed to a security dude (who gave it to a fan). Billy then played one handed on the neck for what seemed like eternity. It was absolutely incredible.

b_illin
05-25-2011, 02:36 PM
^ that'd be a great show....although I saw Skynyrd a few years back and wasn't super impressed by the show itself...love the band though

Buckeye
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Last night, Willie Nelson and Family in Columbus, Ohio. Hands down, one of the most enjoyable shows I have attended in a long, long time. An American Institution. Truly an incredible evening!
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1443/img0804o.th.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/img0804o.jpg/)
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5927/img0843f.th.jpg (http://img29.imageshack.us/i/img0843f.jpg/)
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2632/img0855eb.th.jpg (http://img853.imageshack.us/i/img0855eb.jpg/)
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/6299/img0820y.th.jpg (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/img0820y.jpg/)
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1944/img0835t.th.jpg (http://img862.imageshack.us/i/img0835t.jpg/)
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8797/img0855hl.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/img0855hl.jpg/)

nyrblue2
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Leaving for Bonnaroo in less than 12 hours.

nyrblue2
06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Got back from Bonnaroo late Monday night. So hot, so tired, so awesome.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6648/imag0113f.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/imag0113f.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

King_Killah
06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Got Kid Rock coming up this Saturday. Show at the Borgata in Atlantic City... From what I know, there isn't a scheduled opening act for the show, and an extended Kid Rock set list is expected.

Cornholio
06-15-2011, 09:03 PM
enjoy, KK!!
Never seen him live, hope you're gonna write something in here :)

King_Killah
06-15-2011, 09:16 PM
enjoy, KK!!

I've seen Kid Rock numerous times over now... From the big stage, to smaller venues. He puts on a good show. I'll be sure to give a review of the show!

Kyle
06-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Glad you had an awsome trip, NYR! EVERYONE I know who went there said String Cheese absolutely killed it and stole the show.

Cornholio
06-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Can't wait to see Bryan Adams tonight!!!
Hope it stays dry, and even more I hope he plays more ROCK songs than ballads :)

King_Killah
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
enjoy, KK!!

Pretty solid show from start to finish.....

No opening act! No seats!!!!!!! He played for 2 1/2 hours. Great mix of tunes in his set. Old school stuff, old stuff, all the way up to the new stuff. Encored with 4 songs, ended with "Born Free" with a giant American flag as his backdrop. He played some songs that were a surprise, like "Fist of Rage" and a cool medley of covers and classics. Full fledge tour kicks off in July. If you can, I'd check it out!

CayugaPosse
06-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Soundgarden reunion this weekend...cannot fucking wait.

nyrblue2
06-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Went to see Michael Franti in Utica last weekend (right outside of Saranac Brewery). It was raining, but good beer, good music, good times.

Cornholio
07-02-2011, 02:45 AM
Gonna see the Big Four tonight!!!

Kyle
07-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Electric Forest 2011 = Best festival of my lifetime so far. Jesus what a weekend. I'll never even consider wasting time on the garbage, shittastic vibe and scene at the mainstream fests like Coechella/Bonnaroo/Lollapalooza. The love and positive energy on display was indescribable, String Cheese played their very best set by far since returning in August and just dominated the weekend overall. The lineup was breathtaking and everybody brought their A-game. Just an amazing time, will never forget it. So fucking glad to be home though. Exhausted is an understatement for how I feel right now.

phaneuf6
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
U2 next Monday.

CayugaPosse
07-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Hate to dissapoint anyone going to future Soundgarden shows on this tour, but better to hear it from me than hear it from them on that night. They sounded terrible.

Give some leeway maybe because it's only the 2nd show of the tour, but they were really bad. Dissapointing.

Cornholio
07-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Big 4 were great!
Anthrax were OK, Scott Ian was missing, Sepultura's Andreas Kisser replaced him.
Megadeth had shitty sound (Mustaine's mic must have been out of order or so?), plus too many solos, no "A Tout Le Monde"...
Slayer were fucking great!!! They were so intense, I still am impressed!!!
Metallica were good too, but nothing too special. One song from the "DM", one more "post-Black Album song" ("The Memory Remains"), mostly old stuff.
Unfortunately, they didn't play "No Remorse".

Setlist Anthrax
· Caught in a Mosh
· Madhouse
· Got the Time
· Among the Living
· Antisocial
· Indians
· Fight ‘Em Till You Can’t
· Metal Thrashing Mad
· Medusa
· I Am The Law

Setlist Megadeth
· Trust
· In My Darkest Hour
· Hangar 18
· Wake Up Dead
· Head Crusher
· Rattlehead
· Symphony of Destruction
· Peace Sells
· Holy Wars… The Punishment Due

Setlist Slayer
· World Painted Blood
· Hate Worldwide
· War Ensemble
· Postmortem
· Stain of Mind
· Disciple
· Dead Skin Mask
· Snuff
· South of Heaven
· Raining Blood
· Black Magic
· Angel of Death

Setlist Metallica
· Hit the Lights
· Master of Puppets
· The Shortest Straw
· Seek & Destroy
· Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
· The Memory Remains
· All Nightmare Long
· Sad But True
· Wherever I May Roam
· The Call of Ktulu
· One
· For Whom the Bell Tolls
· Blackened
· Fade to Black
· Enter Sandman

Encore
· Helpless (w/ Megadeth und Anthrax)
· Battery
· Creeping Death

phaneuf6
07-12-2011, 07:28 AM
U2 next Monday.

Wow. Now THAT was a concert.

King_Killah
07-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Last night's concert: Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top, for anyone who cares....I don't think this is the type of show most HIers would find themselves attending. I, however, am old and a product of the classic rock of the 70's. Both bands played equal time. ZZ Top closed the show. I have seen Skynyrd close to a dozen times since the late 90's.....this really pains me to say, but last night was by far the worst. No personalities. Rossington seemed to be going through the motions. This is the first time I have seen them w/o Billy Powell and probably the last. Rickey Medlocke was his usual, high energy, entertaining self, but the set was just.....I don't know.....blah.

ZZ Top was tight and on their game. The Reverend did this thing where he held up his pick, showed it to Dusty, handed to a security dude (who gave it to a fan). Billy then played one handed on the neck for what seemed like eternity. It was absolutely incredible.

Was getting ready to hop in the thread to comment on the Crue/Poison show that I will be at tomorrow in Hershey, PA... Motorcat is at the show tonight in North Carolina. I was looking back at some past posts that I have missed.

I saw Skynyrd/ZZ a few years back. Same thing, Skynyrd opened, ZZ closed. Only thing is, about half the crowd left after Skynyrd got done. I have seen them probably 4 or 5 times now. The last time I saw them was last July with Bret Michaels opening. I thought that show was a little dull. They played a lot of newer songs, maybe that was the issue. Skynyrd is coming back here without ZZ. I was thinking about checking them out again.

Cornholio
07-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I saw Bon Jovi last night!
Richie Sambora came kinda straight from rehab, and that's what he looked like.
And Jon, well, I have never seen such a poser on stage!!!
But it was a good concert, I've never seem them yet, and I think I never will again, but it was worth it.

fancy19
07-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Metallica playing on the hill tonight here in Halifax, pouring out, hope they get really drunk and high!

King_Killah
07-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I saw Bon Jovi last night!
Richie Sambora came kinda straight from rehab, and that's what he looked like.
And Jon, well, I have never seen such a poser on stage!!!
But it was a good concert, I've never seem them yet, and I think I never will again, but it was worth it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is a damn funny write up!!!!!!

I've seen Bon Jovi so many times it really isn't funny! Some shows are better than others. I hate when he does the 2+ hour shows and more than half of it are the newer slower songs. Ughhhhh.....

The last time I saw the Jove, it looked like Sambora needed to hit the rehab.

Buckeye
07-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Got free tickets to see Paul Rodgers from Bad Company, Free, the Firm and most recently Queen, tonight.

King_Killah
07-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Got free tickets to see Paul Rodgers from Bad Company, Free, the Firm and most recently Queen, tonight.

Nice. I got to see Paul Rodgers solo a few years ago for free on a 4th of July. That was a solid show!

Buckeye
08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
KK? Have you seen Crue/Poison yet this summer? I am going tomorrow night. Wondering what to expect. Saw the Crue was letting the fans choose the setlist via website votong. Based on the reviews I have read, looks like nothing new or suprising.....how disappointing. Would have like to heard some of the more obscure album tracks

King_Killah
08-01-2011, 07:31 PM
KK? Have you seen Crue/Poison yet this summer? I am going tomorrow night. Wondering what to expect. Saw the Crue was letting the fans choose the setlist via website votong. Based on the reviews I have read, looks like nothing new or suprising.....how disappointing. Would have like to heard some of the more obscure album tracks

Yeah Buck...

http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?t=67918

I thought it was a pretty damn good show. As you know I have seen both Poison and Motley many, many, maaaaaannnnnny times over the years. Motley did let the fans pick the songs, and the "surprises" were "Too Young To Fall In Love", "Smoking in the Boys Room", "Piece of Your Action", and every other show or so, "10 Seconds to Love" is in the mix. They said that they haven't played those in 20 years, except I know better!

Poison played the same set as usual, but they played tighter than they have in a long time.

Motley was really, really good. From beginning to end... Tommy Lee's drum solo was insane. Mick Mars was pretty mobile, usually he stands in one spot. Vince sounded good.

You'll have a good time!

moans
08-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Saw the Foo Fighters tonight. Wow, Dave Groehl is something else live. Certainly one of the best shows I've ever been to.

King_Killah
08-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Back to back shows.... Friday and Saturday night. Two completely different styles......

Friday night took me to the House of Blues in Atlantic City for the Cinderella concert with special guests John Corani and Kix.

John Corabi opened the show. He did a 6 song acoustic solo set. Personally, I believe John Corabi is one of rock's most underrated singers/musicians out there. Corabi's "80's" band was The Scream. Solid rock band, not really of the "glam rock" vibe. Corabi's "90's" gig was a band called Union that he did with Bruce Kulick. He also replaced Vince Neil and made (arguably) the best Motley Crue album ever. After Vince and Motley got back together, Corabi took a guitar part in Ratt where he also did backing vocals, and vocals on a few tracks live in concert. He decided to leave Ratt and work on some solo stuff. Not that I have any pull or say, but I believe he should take the Velvet Revolver gig. Word is that he was asked, but turned it down not wanting to get involved with another known act. Anyhow, the set was solid for only getting a half hour. He did a song from one of his old projects Twenty4Seven. He did two Scream song, one Motley song, and two original solo songs. Solid, solid.

Kix was incredibly good. The energy and explosiveness was incredible. Kix has been around since 1978, most people don't know that and think they came and went with "Don't Close Your Eyes" back in '88-'89. Truth is they had a bunch of albums before and after. The blistered through hits and other lesser known songs. Steve Whiteman was in non-stop motion making Angus Young, Mick Jagger, and/or Iggy Pop look like motionless statue(s). In between songs, Whiteman had entertaining jokes or stories of where some of the songs came from. It wasn't known 100% whether they'd play that night or night, first they weren't - then they were. They are supposed to be doing their own headlining gig there in the coming weeks.

Cinderella was as solid as ever, and I've seen them at least 7 times. This is Keifer's first tour since his last throat surgery to repair his vocal chords. His voice was as strong as I can remember. I was expecting to hear the same set list that they've done over the past few years, but to my surprise they changed it up throwing in deeper tracks off of their first three albums. The band was tight, again the energy was high and totally worth checking out.

Saturday night................. landed me at the New Meadowlands up i n North Jersey at the Kenny Chesney concert. Not really my thing, but I will admit todays country is more tolerable than the old school.

Anyway, Uncle Kracker opened. Yes, Kracker from Kid Rock... He did a Kid Rock song, a cover of an R&B classic (although I couldn't tell you the name of the song or who sings it) a song from his first non-country solo album, and a few from his newer country album. He was good.

Next up was Billy Currington. I don't know him really. I recognized a couple of songs just from driving in the car with Mrs. Killah. The people seemed to like him.

Then was Zac Brown Band. I actually dig these dudes... They play more of a southern rock style, a la Charlie Daniels Band, .38 Special, or Marshall Tucker. They were high energy and actually covered "Devil Went Down to Georgia."

Chesney of course headlined. I recognized probably half of the songs he did. After motoring through a good 8 songs or so, he did two with Kracker one of which was Kid Rock's "Cowboy." After Kracker he did two songs with Billy Currington. Then a good 30-40 minutes with Zac Brown, one Cheney song, one ZB song, and the rest were covers of the Allman Brothers, Tom Petty, just to name a few.

It was a good show if you are into the country thing. If you aren't too into it and are dragged along, there is plenty of visuals to look at to pass the time!

There is a bunch of upcoming shows on the agenda:

Whitesnake w/Tesla, Lita Ford, Firehouse, and Sebastian Bach
Big Time Rush (a Nickelodeon thing that my son wants to go to)
Dream Theater
Manowar

Cornholio
08-14-2011, 03:27 PM
i am curious about manowar.
saw them a couple of times years ago, and i think i won't see them again, 'cause their latest albums just aren't that good and live... well, joey talks a lot of BS and the songs are always like twice as long, because the "finishing" just takes 3, 4, 5 minutes. -> sucks!

CayugaPosse
10-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Dream Theater and Trivium on Thursday.

Cornholio
10-03-2011, 06:53 AM
that's a nice combo!

I might see Symphony X and Pagan's Mind tomorrow, not sure yet.
Hope I can go...

Cornholio
10-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I did, and I made a video of "Through Osiris' Eyes" (last song played in Pagan's Mind's setlist)

Check it out :)

100 0140 - YouTube

King_Killah
10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice Cornholio!

King_Killah
10-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Just checked out Michael Monroe in Philly at the Troc. Two local bands opened. Swamp Candles - pretty solid rock band. Nice Frampton-esque jam to end their set. (I first band's name, something like) Creamin Cherry Slush Circus - another solid rock band. Kinda in the realm of Cheap Trick. Michael Monroe, playing 15 or so dates in the US, kicked off the tour here in Philly. F*ckin' rockin' high energy show. Played a lot of the new album, played enough of the older solo stuff, and a bunch of Hanoi Rocks. The band has not lost a step at all. Mike is just as crazy as he always was. He climbed on top of the stacks on the side of the stage and hopped onto the balcony. Judo, kung fu karate kicks and never missed a beat. Got to meet the band afterwards. All genuinely nice guys. Got to hang out with the band after that at an after party. Good stuff...

If you get a chance to check him out, and just wanna see good ol' rock n roll. Go check 'em. I know you won't have too many chances in the US since its only 15 dates. I know he tours overseas, Europe, Finland, Denmark, and that area a lot.

CayugaPosse
10-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Back from DT and Trivium, good show, both bands sounded incredibly tight. Bit weird choice of venue(seating only, no floor area), but a great show.

Trivium setlist :

Capsizing The Sea
In Waves
Drowned and Torn Asunder
Caustic Are The Ties That Bind
Ignition
Built to Fall
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
Throes of Perdition

Dream Theater setlist :

Dream Is Collapsing(Hans Zimmer from 'Inception' Soundtrack)
Bridges In The Sky
These Walls
Build Me Up, Break Me Down
Endless Sacrifice
Mike Mangini Drum Solo
Ytse Jam
The Silent Man(acoustic)
Beneath The Surface(acoustic)
Outcry
On The Backs of Angels
Forsaken
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Breaking All Illusions

Encore :

Under a Glass Moon

CayugaPosse
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
2 big ones next week.

Tool @ ACC on the 25th.

Machine Head headlining tour @ Sound Academy on the 28th.

CayugaPosse
01-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Just got back from Tool. Don't even know what to say...never been so blown away by a show in my entire life. Likely the best concert I've ever seen.

Setlist was delicious:

Hooker With a Penis
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Ticks and Leeches drum intro into Sober
Pushit
Schism(extended intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Extended Parabol intro
Parabola
Ænema

The visual show was absolutely staggering. Once they started "Pushit" and had the full stage display working, and once they started with the laser light display on Intension, you literally couldn't turn away from the stage.

I've seen Tool many, many times, but it's never been that good before. Not even close.

Everyone who knows the band knows how visually creative they can be, this was the tour where they finally lived up to that flair.

If that's what Tool is live now(first tour in a few years now), they've just shot to the front of the "can't miss" bands to see live.

CayugaPosse
05-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Just got a weekend pass for Heavy TO 2012. Great show last year, not as great a lineup this year but still deffinitely enough to bring me out for a weekend.

Saturday(noteworthy bands in my eyes only):

Protest The Hero
Trivium
Dethklok
Lamb of God
Marilyn Manson
Slipknot

Sunday:

Between the Buried and Me
Kataklysm
Cannibal Corpse
Killswitch Engage
Five Finger Death Punch
Deftones
System of a Down

King_Killah
05-12-2012, 09:36 AM
You'll wanna do yourself a favor and catch the Overkill set.... Not sure where they appear in order of bands and times they are on stage. The new Overkill CD shreds and they ALWAYS put on an f'n awesome show!

King_Killah
05-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Got my official concert line-up... as of now, here is what is on the docket for KK:

MMR*B*Q featuring: Godsmack, Shinedown, Slash w/Myles Kennedy, Steel Panther, Halestorm, Adalita's Way, Pop Evil, and Jaxon's Allstar Band

Adalita's Way w/Redlight King

Kid Rock

Danzig

The Cult w/Against Me

Marillion

James Freakin Taylor

Iron Maiden w/Alice Cooper

America Rocks featuring: Great White, Faster Pussycat, Bulletboys, Pretty Boy Floyd, Madysin Hatter, Stone Cold

Scorpions w/Tesla

Def Leppard w/Poison, Lita Ford 3X -- maybe a 4th!

Roger Waters

Motley Crue w/Kiss

......then I am tossed up on July 21st. Do I go to Aerosmith w/Cheap Trick or Dream Theater? Aerosmith is at the Big Joint where the Flyers play and Dream Theater is a smaller venue inside the Harrah's Casino.

Gern Blansten
06-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Just saw Roger Waters at the Excel Energy Center.

That was pretty phenomenal! Pretty much did The Wall in its entirety. If I have any good pics from the phone, I'll post some. The visual effects were awesome!

Gern Blansten
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Went to see Soundgarden last night. Wow, just WOW! :eek:

King_Killah
03-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Went to see Soundgarden last night. Wow, just WOW! :eek:

A little late on the reply....... Was that a good wow or bad wow? I heard several mixed reviews. I saw them in '91 when Badmotorfinger just came out and they opened for Guns n Roses. They were phenomenal then.

Gern Blansten
04-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Whoops! I missed your reply.

I really enjoyed the concert, but missed the opportunity to see them back in the day. They had excellent energy the the set list saw a good mix of old, really old and some new. Scammed into 5th row seats, so that added to the fun. Glad I was able to see them.

Incessant Mace
Hunted Down
Flower
Outshined
Let Me Drown
Jesus Christ Pose
Gun
By Crooked Steps
Rhinosaur
Hands All Over
Been Away Too Long
My Wave
The Day I Tried To Live
Blood On The Valley Floor
Blow Up The Outside World
Fell On Black Days
Zero Chance
Non-state Actor
Eyelid's Mouth
Drawing Flies
Ty Cobb
Fresh Tendrils
Superunknown
Spoonman (Encore)
Rusty Cage (Encore)
Slaves and Bulldozers (Encore) - 13 minutes long!

Gern Blansten
04-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Went to see Johnny Marr last night. Small venue show, which I prefer. The concert was a treat because you go with the idea of wanting to hear him play Smiths songs because the new stuff usually sucks. Not this time! Whole concert was enjoyable. Played five Smiths, one Clash and one New Order songs. He certainly has a distinct sound. Unlike Morrissey, who I despise, Marr was great with the crowd and looked like he was having a good time on stage.

One of the best merch shirts I've ever seen was for sale last night. Big block letters on the front said: "Johnny Fucking Marr" Just hilarious!

nyrblue2
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Just bought tickets for 10 Years in a few weeks. Social Distortion is also coming through - thinking about that one. Alice in Chains, Jane's Addiction and Coheed and Cambria headlining some festival - also considering.

CayugaPosse
04-26-2013, 02:47 AM
Went to see How To Destroy Angels tonight(Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' sideband), and the one thought I had leaving the building was...how is Rob Sheridan not filthy fucking rich yet? Like, absurdly rich. How do huge music acts not come breaking down his door to get him to co-ordinate their stage shows? Whenever he does it, he shatters the mold of what's possible on a stage.

This show was a work of art, and he was on stage doing all the lighting as a showcase. The setup, which was made entirely of surgical tubing dangling as if they were drapes because the tubing was the only thing Rob could find that reflected the light the way he wanted it reflected for the show, just looked absolutely insane. It's hard to describe really, but because of how layered the tubing was and the way it reflected everything, it gave everything a depth that essentially turned their light show into a "3D experience". It looked absolutely incredible. A real work of art stage show by the best in the world at it.

Here's a few examples from Coachella:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hynxsxvZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-xd8lJsN6U

Tonight I'm off to see Katatonia and Opeth in Guelph.

CayugaPosse
04-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Opeth was absurdly great...setlist was delicious.

The Devil's Orchard
Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
Hope Leaves
Atonement(playing it for the first time ever on this tour)
Deliverance
Hessian Peel
Häxprocess
Demon of the Fall(acoustic)
Harlequin Forest

Encore:

Blackwater Park

ih8music
04-28-2013, 04:53 AM
Saw Prince in Vegas tonight. The dude can play - great show.

wendel_
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
I was at that Opeth show in Guelph too. Was a bit disappointed in Katatonia, but doesn't matter haha, they weren't the reason I was there.
Opeth was amazing - was my first time seeing them live. Agreed too, couldn't have asked for much better of a setlist.

Was a great week for concerts in the GTA -Went to the Steven Wilson show in Toronto on Tuesday, which was just fantastic as well. I wish I was going to be at the show Opeth and Steven Wilson are doing together on Sunday in New York - that's going to be an unreal show

phaneuf6
04-29-2013, 04:51 PM
What venue was the concert at in Guelph?

wendel_
04-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Guelph Concert Theatre

Buckeye
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
So far this summer: 7/24: Black Crowes and Tedeschi Trucks Band, 8/2: I was supposed to see George Jones.....:$, and 8/28: Kid Rock and ZZ Top (for only $20)!

Buckeye
07-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Just wanted to share: I saw the Black Crowes with the Tedeschi Trucks Band Wednesday night. I am still in awe. One of the best shows I have seen in a long, long time!

King_Killah
07-30-2013, 07:55 PM
So far this summer: 7/24: Black Crowes and Tedeschi Trucks Band, 8/2: I was supposed to see George Jones.....:$, and 8/28: Kid Rock and ZZ Top (for only $20)!

We had Kool and the Gang and Uncle Kracker as openers here...... Dude, I have been on Kid Rock's nut since forever... I have to say this was the best show I have seen over the years. Played only a few new tunes. Played a nice mix of old tunes. And some of the old tunes, he re-worked and made them new again. Really, really good show!

King_Killah
07-30-2013, 07:55 PM
I got Gigantour coming up..... Then a few months out has me seeing Lamb of God/Testament. Bring that!

King_Killah
07-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Oh.....I am also doing an in-store with the Winery Dogs.... Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Richie Kotzen. Looking to make the trek up to NYC for the show also. We'll see if the scheduling works out!

Buckeye
02-15-2014, 11:05 AM
I saw Gov't Mule back on 10/2
Kings of Leon: this Tuesday
Bruce Springsteen: 4/15
Willie Nelson and Allison Kraus: 5/15
Motley Crue: 7/8

King_Killah
02-15-2014, 02:25 PM
You know I will be at Motley.... Actually have three Motley shows lined up. Camden, NJ; Holmdel, NJ; Atlantic City, NJ... Don't have tix yet for AC as that unexpectedly sold out quicker than anticipated! I know the Detroit show sold out equally as fast and they tacked on a second Detroit date. Maybe they'll add a second AC show. I am also looking at two Pennsylvania shows. We'll see......

I got:

Kix
Sebastian Bach
WMMR BBQ featuring: Rob Zombie, Volbeat, Jason Bonham's Led Zep Experience, Jim Bruer, Fuel, and.... one or two others.
Steel Panther
Winery Dogs
Dream Theater
Poison/Def Leppard(unconfirmed dates, but I will no doubtedly be there)

This is what I can think of off hand.

Wow....Willie and Krauss..... Interesting. Robert Plant tagging along for this??? Bruce. I did my New Jersey deed. I saw Bruce once, at old Giants Stadium. Hey, he puts on a good show whether your a fan or not. It was 3+ hours. Rained pretty hard about halfway through for about an hour and he didn't stop once.

Kings of Leon, not big on...but they are hyping up the Philly show. I think they are coming in studio doing an acoustic set on Philly radio either day of the show or soon before.

Gov't Mule... ahhhh. They are a good summer band. Just a hang out and chill type. Nice!

Buckeye
02-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Just got tickets for this, 3 full days, May 16, 17, 18:
http://www.rockontherange.com/
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6922/fk2q.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img541/9674/zf95.jpg

b_illin
02-25-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm not a big concert guy as I lack the hive mentality many others seem to have, but I'd be all over Bonnaroo (duh) and the lineup at Sasquatch looks pretty amazing this year. That said, I feel like big festivals are so fucking mainstream cool that the contrarian in me isn't too interested. (I've chortles these last few years as some friends tell me about how they are going to Coachella or Bonnaroo etc like they know some crazy secret....makes me lol)

Buckeye
08-27-2015, 08:58 AM
ZZ Top with Blackberry Smoke, last night, 8/26/15 in Toledo, Ohio.

The Reverend Willie G:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2mxeaae.jpg