PDA

View Full Version : Need Keeper Help

CrazedPuck
01-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Joined this year in a keeper league with an exsisting team with terrible keepers Ive got a few decent one and the year is a write off so Im trying to get Parise for a LW keeper but he keeps asking for C Price my keeper goalie would it be worth trading price for parise if he throws in one of his goalies Anderson or Backstrom or keep price and look for different LW keeper?

Raja
01-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Post your roster. If you can get Parise and Backstrom for Price though I'd do it for sure. Keeping 1 player at each position G's are easier to replace than LW's at this point.

Krown&Coke
01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I would say in a position where your existing keeper options are terrible it would be worth it to trade one exceptional keeper for 2 keepers that are really solid. Posting roster a good idea.

CrazedPuck
01-23-2011, 05:05 PM
is Cammalleri good enough for a lw keeper to not do this trade ?
I have accumulated a few keepers I am really happy with now at most positions except LW and I think Goalies are easier to acquire

housenuts
01-23-2011, 05:20 PM
who you keeping between kopitar and tavares? can you trade 1 of them for a better keeper at another position?

Raja
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
who you keeping between kopitar and tavares? can you trade 1 of them for a better keeper at another position?

I'd imagine both, as his prospect keeper.

I'd still make the move, not a huge fan of Cammalleri in fantasy.

Habber82
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Can you trade picks? Price for Parise and a first or second round pick would be very tempting. Not a fan of Anderson or Backstrom, but getting Backstrom would be my choice of the two esp. if you can draft a good G in the first round.

CrazedPuck
01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
no no picks but i think getting parise would be good andI should get a good Goalie first round next year you would think. But I hate to lose price long term

fulgorrefulgorre
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Personally I would move Price unless you get a hefty overpayment. Remember Price hasnt even come close to his prime yet. Chances are he'll hold even more value in a couple of years.

And with the kind of injury Parise has you have to be careful. Alot of good NHLers get injured and dont come back the same. IMO Parise is a big risk to take.

Bure96
01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't make that trade. Price is finally living up to his billing and should only improve. I would offer Kopitar or Tavares for Parise, though. You can only keep one of them anyway. See if he goes for that trade.

I would also try to trade Cammalleri. He's not going to do much for you this year anyway, so try to package him with Stewart or Edler for a keeper D upgrade (Green might be obtainable given his poor season).

housenuts
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I would also try to trade Cammalleri. He's not going to do much for you this year anyway, so try to package him with Stewart or Edler for a keeper D upgrade (Green might be obtainable given his poor season).

wat?! stewart is def his RW keeper. and i wouldn't trade price for parise.

Bure96
01-26-2011, 04:30 PM
wat?! stewart is def his RW keeper. and i wouldn't trade price for parise.
You're right. I don't know why I was confused. Don't trade Stewart.