PDA

View Full Version : Forsberg Back?

goleafsgo2424
01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6046297

Apparently he's practicing with the Avs, though has not signed a contract yet? Who is picking him up???

Raja
01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
I need to make this effective.

NOBODY PICK HIM UP EVER AGAIN

goleafsgo2424
01-21-2011, 08:02 PM
If he suits up I'm picking him up. How could you not try him on a speculative basis for your worst player unless you are in a very shallow league? Dude is good for at least 1 assist a game until he gets hurt, when Ill drop him for the next waivers guy.

bearcats
01-21-2011, 08:13 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

AGREED

secol
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
honestly if he signs i'd give him a look.....i can dump ott easily lol

DonovanMD
01-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Scooped up immediately in my league by the owner who has had him on his IR off and on for the last 5 years. Mancrush there I think. I doubt he signs.

killer93
01-22-2011, 02:50 AM
lol Forsberg!

DoctorDoobie
01-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I hear Phil Esposito's been practicing with the Bruins.

looch17
01-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I hear Phil Esposito's been practicing with the Bruins.:lol:

toronto1979
01-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Just when the Nabby story ends, this starts? Good lord!

Chilly_Willy
01-23-2011, 02:55 AM
If he suits up I'm picking him up. How could you not try him on a speculative basis for your worst player unless you are in a very shallow league? Dude is good for at least 1 assist a game until he gets hurt, when Ill drop him for the next waivers guy.

Its not really like that. If healthy plays about 1 out of every 4 games and in that game he will play 1 or 2 periods. He may multi point the period he plays every week but at this point in his career he is not much more than any 40-50 FA. If you are grasping at foresberg at this point in the season yur pretty much fuk'd anyway.

mike550
01-23-2011, 02:58 AM
I see him keeping up with the Av's in practice and signing a contract for the rest of the season. If he truly is healthy and they manage him properly he can be a very dangerous addition to their team for the playoffs. I think he'd be decent but not much better than alot of other options already on the FA.

Keep any eye on the situation though, will be fun to see what happens this time around....

Chilly_Willy
01-23-2011, 03:16 AM
I've been following his rehab and the problem is he has been having chronic foot and ankle pains. He has had several models of skates custom made to tolerate the pain and nothing has worked. I honestly think this is nothing more than good intention and his continued love for the game and desire to compete. I would be cautiously optimistic about him being back in the NHL and if he does maybe 10-15 games tops.

King_Killah
01-23-2011, 03:00 PM
The key is going to be his ability to stay healthy. If he stays healthy, I can see him being productive. I am in several dynasty type set-ups and he was already snagged. One team picked both him and Nabby up.

chadw01
01-26-2011, 12:29 PM
So now that Nabby is off the radar, who is using their top waiver on Foppa when he signs?

Beat writer Adrian Dater says he's 99.9% percent convinced Peter will get signed, and the Avs are looking sometime right after the break for him to hit the lineup..

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/01/23/forsberg-sunday-update-ii/6039/

Personally, I believe he would make a good addition provided you are able to immediately trade him once you get him on your roster. He's too much of a headache to keep, but on name recognition alone, would fetch a good bounty.

Or, you could swing the for fences, keep him, and then hope that he gets traded at the deadline if the Avs fall out of the playoff picture.

Decisions, decisions..

gogoayane
01-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Unless you have room for him - I wouldn't break up a team just to add this guy. He can be a good addition, but at this point of the season there's no reason to take risk unless you have room for it.

madsci
01-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Unless you have room for him - I wouldn't break up a team just to add this guy. He can be a good addition, but at this point of the season there's no reason to take risk unless you have room for it.

except for the added excuse of having a reason to cheer for Forsberg every night again.

me = maybe a bit too nostalgic.

housenuts
01-27-2011, 12:53 AM
will he for sure be a C?

moans
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
It really sounds like he's going to come back. He'll most certainly play LW.

Chilly_Willy
02-04-2011, 10:40 PM
At first I thought this was more or less a stunt to get some publicity get the kids some practice with a legend and maybe a few NHL games but now with all the injuries to the Aves they could really use another top 6. I hope this works out, if Foresberg can stay in game shape consistantly he might tear up the scoreboard with all that talent around him. This will be interesting. High Risk High Reward to rosoter him for sure.

iceHOLE
02-06-2011, 01:11 PM
update:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Peter Forsberg (http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=peter+forsberg) says he wants to resume his NHL career with the Colorado Avalanche and just needs to work out contract details.Forsberg said if the contract could be worked out quickly he would travel with the team to Phoenix later in the day.Forsberg has been practicing with the team for two weeks and said he feels good enough to come back to the NHL after a three-year hiatus. He said he decided before Sunday morning's practice if nothing went wrong he would seek a contract.
Forsberg has played in 13 NHL seasons, 11 with the Avalanche organization and has won two Stanley Cup titles, both with Colorado.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352749

hex27
02-06-2011, 01:34 PM
sounds like he's coming back for sure. question though, what's the difference between this and Nabby? cause i haven't heard anything about Forsberg needing to clear waivers before he joins the Avs.

bearcats
02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
foresberg did NOT play in a professional league this year therefore he does NOT have to clear waivers like nabby did (he played in the KHL)

moans
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
It's official!

It's official - Peter Forsberg (http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=peter+forsberg) is back in the NHL.
The Colorado Avalanche announced on Sunday that they have signed the veteran Swedish forward for the remainder of the current season. The team said that he will join the team and will be available to play during Colorado's upcoming road trip.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352749

bearcats
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=551806

here is another link

mike550
02-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Big news! Let's see what he's got left in the tank. He should be good for some production especially with the talent he'll have around him.

Now get to it Yahoo! We're waiting for him to be added to FA. I realize it just happened and there's NHLPA rules and stuff but they better not take too long. ESPN and CBS added him, get your shit together Yahoo!

I'd expect him added by 5pm. Stay by your computer.....

moans
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
He will NOT be added this afternoon as that's not how Yahoo! works. Maybe tmw morning or after the first game he plays for the Avs

Chilly_Willy
02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Since Malkin has gone down I am going ot give it a try if the waivers and IR process happen at the same time.

mike550
02-06-2011, 03:12 PM
He will NOT be added this afternoon as that's not how Yahoo! works. Maybe tmw morning or after the first game he plays for the Avs

Wrong. He doesn't have to officially play a game and he doesn't have to go through waivers since he didn't play anywhere else all year. Yahoo is allowed to add him once he is officially part of the NHLPA which he now is after signing a contract and joining the Av's active roster.

They added Nabakov as soon as signed and than changed his status when he got claimed by NYI. He went through waivers cause of playing in the KHL.

The only way you don't see Forsberg added today is if Yahoo is fucking lazy and they got nobody around to make the two minute addition. It wouldn't surprise me if it took them until tmrw which would just be typical Yahoo sloppiness, but they definitely do not have to wait until he's played a game.

bearcats
02-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Wrong. He doesn't have to officially play a game and he doesn't have to go through waivers since he didn't play anywhere else all year. Yahoo is allowed to add him once he is officially part of the NHLPA which he now is after signing a contract and joining the Av's active roster.

They added Nabakov as soon as signed and than changed his status when he got claimed by NYI. He went through waivers cause of playing in the KHL.

The only way you don't see Forsberg added today is if Yahoo is fucking lazy and they got nobody around to make the two minute addition. It wouldn't surprise me if it took them until tmrw which would just be typical Yahoo sloppiness, but they definitely do not have to wait until he's played a game.

Mike,

Yahoo only makes additions, changes etc once a day and that is about 11:45 PM - 12:00 PM pacific standard time....he will not be added till then at the absolute earliest....they just don't make changes at other times of the day....

abusiveninja
02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Mike,

Yahoo only makes additions, changes etc once a day and that is about 11:45 PM - 12:00 PM pacific standard time....he will not be added till then at the absolute earliest....they just don't make changes at other times of the day....

Pretty sure this is correct. Player adds are part of Yahoo's nightly "sweep," if you will. Also, if your league sends new players (and drops, etc) to waivers you will have to wait anyway.

Bure96
02-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm definitely going to use my #1 waiver claim on Forsberg once he is added by Yahoo. Girardi can go. I just want to see Forsberg back on the ice!

moans
02-06-2011, 04:19 PM

So you called what I said wrong and then went ahead and proved what I said correct. You've been playing Yahoo! fantasy for long enough to know that they do not make any sort of correction or addition during the middle of the day. It should be ttmw morning (3am or so)

abusiveninja
02-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm definitely going to use my #1 waiver claim on Forsberg once he is added by Yahoo. Girardi can go. I just want to see Forsberg back on the ice!

Wasted mine on Nabby. %^$&*#

hex27
02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Mike,

that isn't totally true. while they do a lot then they do still make "changes" throughout the day. today Malkin got removed from the Can't Cut List around noon.

mike550
02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Damn he's likely going to waivers in my league. But I re-call Nabby went right to FA. Confusing.....

Bure96
02-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Damn he's likely going to waivers in my league. But I re-call Nabby went right to FA. Confusing.....
Wait, are we sure Forsberg will go on waivers when Yahoo adds him? I really hope so, as I have the #1 waiver priority. But what if he just goes to FA? What happened with Nabokov? Was he waiver or FA?

Raja
02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
If you're in Yahoo and he went straight to FA that means your league has no waivers.

mike550
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I'll expect to see him added in the morning. Don't slack Yahoo!

chadw01
02-06-2011, 10:58 PM
All players added to Y! will be introduced to the player pool via waivers. Nabby was, and I'm 99% sure Foppa will be too.

mike550
02-06-2011, 11:02 PM
That's lame. It should be first come first serve. I know waivers are in place for a reason but damitt, it sucks when you know you got no chance at a player unless most of your league is sleeping.

Well hopefully I get him in one league.....

looch17
02-06-2011, 11:10 PM
In a deep keeper (18), 16 team, in 1st place by a fairly decent margin and having the 2nd waiver should I use it on Forsberg? Obviously he will not be a keeper, but with the talent around him I figured it may be worth it since he could help me this year. Didn't want to start a thread since I am sure there will be a bunch as it is so hopefully I can get a response or 2 here. Thanks as always guys.

Raja
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
In a league that deep surely he's a solid option over FA's

Doctego
02-07-2011, 12:26 AM

Whatever happened to:

:lol::lol:

Raja
02-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Whatever happened to:

:lol::lol:

He may or may not prove more worth than S. Thornton :lol: In his league the top 400 players are rostered!

$T$
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I'll expect to see him added in the morning. Don't slack Yahoo!

He's in there now.

madsci
02-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Damn, I hope he falls to me at #4 - I need to replace Malkin...

looch17
02-07-2011, 09:46 AM

He may or may not prove more worth than S. Thornton :lol: In his league the top 400 players are rostered!Alright I guess I will use my #2 waiver on him. I thought people would say don't use that high of a waiver on him but I guess I will be now. Thanks. Good luck to everyone else that is trying for him in their leagues!

paulie
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
For Team A, I have the first waiver pick. Do I drop Carlson (Caps) or Karlsson (Sens) for Forsberg or stay put? I don't think dropping anyone else is worth the risk. Any thoughts?

gogoayane
02-07-2011, 10:42 AM
For Team A, I have the first waiver pick. Do I drop Carlson or Karlsson for Forsberg or stay put? I don't think the risk outweighs dropping anyone else. Is there someone else worth dropping for him?

I would cut Carlson for him.

madsci
02-07-2011, 12:17 PM
i would cut carlson for him.

x2

Rocklobster
02-07-2011, 12:36 PM
we should have a pool to see how fast it'll take him to hurt is weak ankles.
I'm thinking 3 games.

madsci
02-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking 3 games.

Still, he'll probably get 5 points in those 3 games, which may be more than Carlson will get for the rest of the year.

Hamsterkill
02-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Still, he'll probably get 5 points in those 3 games, which may be more than Carlson will get for the rest of the year.

Keep in mind, Green may miss a little time here after that puck to the face.

gogoayane
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Keep in mind, Green may miss a little time here after that puck to the face.

From what I read on rotoworld he's fine... even if he misses time Carlson hasn't been doing much for the past few months

$T$
02-07-2011, 01:57 PM
14 pts in 9 games (during fantasy playoffs) last time he came back... If he's even half the player he was, he's still got a ton of value in most leagues...

Raja
02-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking 3 games.

He'll suit up for the first game, and everybody will have him rostered, and then he'll tweak it/not feel right right before the game starts. I'll say he plays 14 of the remaining 30, then dominates if they make the playoffs, when it doesnt matter for us.

alias
02-07-2011, 02:41 PM

2 games & 1 practice

looch17
02-07-2011, 03:40 PM
The more I start to think about it, seeing all the injury predictions and knowing how injury prone he is I am thinking it may be wise to save my #2 waiver.

madsci
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
The more I start to think about it, seeing all the injury predictions and knowing how injury prone he is I am thinking it may be wise to save my #2 waiver.

For what? Emery?

moans
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM

For what though? I really don't think you'll see a better player hit the FA, unless your waiver priority carries over to next year.

alias
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM

if nobody else all season was worthy of a #2 waiver up until now, I don't see anybody better than Forsberg being worth it in the next 2 months.

looch17
02-07-2011, 04:31 PM
For what? Emery?

For what though? I really don't think you'll see a better player hit the FA, unless your waiver priority carries over to next year.

if nobody else all season was worthy of a #2 waiver up until now, I don't see anybody better than Forsberg being worth it in the next 2 months.No not for Emery. We are only allowed 3 goalies and have Thomas, Lundqvist and Rask. As for not seeing another player better all year you guys are probably right. Maybe I am just over thinking it too much. I will probably drop one of Hecht/Thornton for Forsberg even though both are helping me with LW depth.

housenuts
02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
not sure if i should grab him. i have 6th waiver, which i'm not too worried about, but we only get 10 moves all year and i'm already at 7. i'd prob drop holmstrom for him.

Bure96
02-07-2011, 05:05 PM
No not for Emery. We are only allowed 3 goalies and have Thomas, Lundqvist and Rask. As for not seeing another player better all year you guys are probably right. Maybe I am just over thinking it too much. I will probably drop one of Hecht/Thornton for Forsberg even though both are helping me with LW depth.
Forsberg will probably get LW eligibility as he's likely to play wing rather than center.

looch17
02-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Just put my waiver in dropping Thornton. Hopefully Forsberg can stay healthy for the most part. Good luck to everyone putting in for him!

housenuts
02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
W (Feb 9) - means I have to put a waiver claim in by when?

Bure96
02-07-2011, 08:31 PM
He comes off waivers on the 9th, so you need to have the claim in on the 8th.

zhmen
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
is he worth #4 waiver?

$T$
02-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Forsberg will probably get LW eligibility as he's likely to play wing rather than center.

Last time he came back i'm pretty sure he played LW with Stastny and Hejduk and didn't get LW elig... I guess it was only 9 games but still I wouldnt count on Yahoo for anything.

chadw01
02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Emery just signed a two-way with the Ducks to backup Hiller - his value is worthless unless Hiller goes down.

Use the waiver on Foppa.

Habber82
02-07-2011, 10:44 PM
is he worth #4 waiver?

not on your team

Habber82
02-07-2011, 10:45 PM

I wouldn't waste the move on him. your C's are fine.

housenuts
02-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't waste the move on him. your C's are fine.

not with crosby out for another month +

thehockeyguy79
02-09-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm not 100% sure if he is worth the risk. I will most likely put a claim not that it matters as I am certain two teams ahead of me are going to claim. I currently have the #5 WP and at least 30 moves left to make so it won't be an issue. Team #1 is the one in question. It's hard to walk away from the chance for a PPG player but thats the real question is he going to have that output or is he just going to be a dud.

housenuts
02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
got him with 6th waiver spot. dropped carle.

madsci
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
how is Forsberg off waivers in some Y! leagues? Have they modified their waiver periods or something?

looch17
02-09-2011, 11:44 AM
how is Forsberg off waivers in some Y! leagues? Have they modified their waiver periods or something?Some leagues have different waiver rules. Meaning 1 league could have waivers for 2 days while another has it for 2. Thats all. Hope that clears it up for you.

madsci
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Some leagues have different waiver rules. Meaning 1 league could have waivers for 2 days while another has it for 2. Thats all. Hope that clears it up for you.

figured. just wondered how intense your league has to be to decide "3 days is one day too many!" ;)

rhynoc
02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
He cleared waivers in my league. I picked him up.

looch17
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
figured. just wondered how intense your league has to be to decide "3 days is one day too many!" ;)Ha still waiting. Tomorrow is the day. I hope it pays off using my #2 WP and no one else worth adding gets dropped.

unsung_one
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Forsberg is chillin' on Team #2's FA pool. While I do have concerns about the ongoing foot problems, there is a big part of me saying "Cmon, its Foppa!" Normally Id just cut a D and run with 3, but league rules require 4 active D men at all times. See anyone else that could get the boot to make space for Forsberg?

chadw01
02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
For team 2.. Cleary.. Homer is returning tonight.. one more guy to cut into his time.

Foppa for Cleary is what I'd do..

unsung_one
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Sweet...thanks for the reply. Cleary was one of the ones I had my eye on, but I wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger.

mike550
02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Got all my claims in each league, highest priority I have is 3 in one league, the rest are all 6-10. Likely won't get him anywhere but if not ah well, I'd be just fine keeping Recchi.

ovechkin
02-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know what kind of role he would be playing? Any chance he could end up on the first line with Hejduk and Duchene?

thehockeyguy79
02-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know what kind of role he would be playing? Any chance he could end up on the first line with Hejduk and Duchene?

I'd figure he will likely be on the 2nd line, maybe 1st line PP. Have to see.

looch17
02-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Quick question guys thinking of dropping Hecht instead of Thornton for Forsberg. Can I get a few quick responses on that here rather than starting another thread? Thornton gives me PIMs which my team lacks sometimes and Hecht is inconsistent, replaceable. His team scored a ton of goals last night and he has no points and -2.

chadw01
02-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Hecht over Thornton is pretty good.. Hecht has always been a fringe fantasy player and if you need the PIMs, stick with Thornton.

looch17
02-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Hecht over Thornton is pretty good.. Hecht has always been a fringe fantasy player and if you need the PIMs, stick with Thornton.Thanks a lot man for response appreciate it. I think thats the way to go as well after looking at stats. Last 30 days total stats for the 2 of them:

Thornton - 1 G, 4 A, 5 P, +2, 22 PIM(had 22 more tonight), 0 PPP, 24 SOG
Hecht - 2 G, 2 A, 4 P, -1, 8 PIM, 0 PPP, 25 SOG

looch17
02-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Going to relax soon looks like Hecht it is. Good luck to everyone else trying to get Foppa!

looch17
02-10-2011, 09:01 AM
The guy with #1 who is pretty far back in the standings got him. Sucks. Thanks for the helps though guys.

lostchris08
02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
used a waiver (was already 10th) and dropped Oshie for him.

PMStick
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I just added him to my roster to help me cover Crosby's absence and to enjoy an experiment with one of the best players from this past generation.

I had four RWers so I dropped Hemsky over Doan. I don't know if that's the right move especially with the trade deadline coming up, Hemsky may get moved. Doan seems to have cooled down. Should I pick Hemsky back up and drop Doan or stay Hemsky-less?

chadw01
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Pick Hemsky back up - Doan definitely has slowed - should have sold him when he was on fire a month or so ago.

zhmen
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Ennis or Grabner ?

sorry,guys. wrong tread

canuckthug
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM

I'd figure he will likely be on the 2nd line, maybe 1st line PP. Have to see.

Forsberg plays tonight against Columbus.

Your right ovechkin, Forsberg will play alongside Matty Duchene and Milan Hejduk on line 1.

housenuts
02-11-2011, 04:57 PM
should i play forsberg tonight instead of Bergeron vs. Det or Ribeiro vs. Chi?

i kind of want to

mike550
02-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Got him in two public pools so that's cool, wasn't expecting it so I'll give Foppa a shot.

So far tonight, 13 mins of ice time, -1 and 1 sog.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Didn't even think about grabbing him. Nothing new here with my thoughts and I can't argue the excitement of picking up a guy/name like Foppa but come on ppl. PPG pace down the strech? Doubtful... He couldn't stay healthy when he was still relatively young. At 36 or 38 or however old he is? Ehh... unless I am giving up a complete waste of roster space -- pass.

Best of luck to him and those taking a shot with the roster spot. Maybe he has a good fantasy playoff run. I guess if you have the room it's worth the gamble. I just don't have any players on any 3 of my teams worth dropping for him so I didn't put in a single claim.

Groin, feet, whatever aches will soon set him back. I give him 50% of the regular season games left, tops.

Will kindly eat crow if he turns out to have a solid half season left in him. That would be cool.... I always loved him as a player and completely admire his passion for the game. :yes:

Chilly_Willy
02-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Only reason I piked him up is I have both crosby and malkin out

He looked good in his first game, still needs to hit game shape but he is still that dominant puck controlling self in the offensive zone. Colorado is really flat right now though and I don't know if they will break out anytime soon. His teammates were very suprized by some crazy passes that zinged by them where they could have had scoring opportunities. I think Duchene is going to need to get used to playing with him but that will probably happen fast.

chadw01
02-13-2011, 12:45 AM
4 PIMs tonight - at least he hit the score sheet for some fantasy teams in some category.

-2 though sucks.

flyingfrog
02-13-2011, 12:54 AM
I didn't pick him up, but I get the feeling that my Hedjuk has become less valuable. Well hopefully the line gets going... or they separate.

tets
02-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I picked up Forsberg to fill in my empty C position since crosby has been out forever.
The manager in my league has a hard-on for him and even tried to cheat to get him on his team. We solved all that mess but he's offered me O.Jokinen for Forsberg, looks like Jokinen has been hot lately, should I take the deal? or try for more? I really dont know what to expect from foppa but im not thinking too much. i want to get the most from this guy.

Raja
02-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Take it. It's incredible he's lasted 2 games without breaking something.

Chilly_Willy
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM

this

rhynoc
02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Yes, he's surpassed expectations so far.

bearcats
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM

take jokinen for forsberg and run...

housenuts
02-14-2011, 01:37 AM
i would not take olli jokinen for forsberg

madsci
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
According to TSN Bob McKenzie (reliable):

2:30MT news conference in Denver for Forsberg to announce his retirement from hockey

deebmxer
02-14-2011, 11:57 AM
According to TSN Bob McKenzie (reliable):

People who burned waiver priority are gonna be pissed.

Chilly_Willy
02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

At least some finality to the situation

ovechkin
02-14-2011, 12:23 PM

Good call, ESPN just announced that he's done.

Zamboners
02-14-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm sure glad I thought twice about grabbing him and instead picked up Fisher for a depth C. Just after I picked up Fisher the guy trying to catch up to me nabbed Forsberg and is not too happy for burning a wire move.

madsci
02-14-2011, 12:49 PM
I burned a pretty high waiver priority, but I'm not bummed. High risk high reward, hindsight is 20-20, etc. To me, this is why you sit on waiver priority, not to pick up Brian Gionta or whatever.

alias
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
2 games & 1 practice

did he get in a practice after the 2nd game and before he retired? :p

housenuts
02-14-2011, 02:09 PM
why in the world did he sign if he's retiring 2 games later?

Chilly_Willy
02-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I imagine its health/pain reasons. Probably can't reproduce the game speed any other way than to play and after 2 games he knows his body can't do it.

madsci
02-14-2011, 02:34 PM
10$ says that during the question period after the announcement, he'll make a new announcement that his foot feels better than it has in hours and he's going to try one last comeback, and will start practicing with the team tomorrow.

Raja
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Hate to say I told you so. Hopefully it's the last time he retires, at least he gets to as an Av.

mike550
02-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Pretty nuts that he'd go through all that practice, sign a contract and make an official comeback....only to call it a career after just two games. But it's true, the only way to have fully tested the health of his foot/ankle was to play in a game or two so good on him for doing that.

And this is the way it should be for Foppa. Going out on his own terms and retiring an Av.

Shitty for all those who burned their high waiver priority.

Chilly_Willy
02-14-2011, 03:02 PM
He's never actually retired before so this is his first retirement.

LOL if he was like JK guys and plays in tonight's game.

Rocklobster
02-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm thinking 3 games.
lol pretty close.

mike550
02-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Kinda odd that he knew after only two games. Thought he would give at least 7 or games to determine how he could handle things.

tets
02-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Yay! I hit accept before this news broke.....considering the guy who i am trading him to tried to cheat to get him on his team and pissed off the entire league, i doubt they will veto it. either way i expected as much from forsberg but can't blame ppl for burning a waiver on him, with whats available on the FA wire, its worth the risk.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
lol. what a tease.

secol
02-14-2011, 04:34 PM
he looked pretty good in his first game back too.....i am thinking he injured something

chadw01
02-14-2011, 09:34 PM
high risk high reward (or for those of us who burned a high waiver, no reward)!

ah well, you win some, you lose some.

bearcats
02-14-2011, 10:44 PM

let us go back to post #2 of this thread...

bearcats
02-14-2011, 10:45 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

AGREED

and post #4 of this thread...

flyingfrog
02-14-2011, 10:52 PM
It was a odd signing from the start, Colorado was struggling to make the playoffs, Forsberg publicly stated "I don't even know if I'll play well", then they put him on the top line.