PDA

View Full Version : A dynasty league

King_Killah
01-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Now that football is over...at least at the fantasy level, it is almost time to start thinking baseball. It has been brought to me again to run a dynasty baseball league... The last time we discussed this, it was suggested that the base teams be the 10-12 worst teams from the previous season. Each person gets to pick one team, that team to start would be whoever is on that teams roster plus that team's prospects. There would be big rosters, but active starting rosters would be managable. Instead of starting with the worst 10-12, this time it was suggested to just let it be open to the whole MLB. Once all teams are entered, waivers would take place. Waivers order would be worst to best, as based on the pro-teams finish. All available players will be open to the add/drop. Example: FlyGuy decides to join and he takes the Royals. He decides he needs pitching help. No one took the Phillies. Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, etc. are all available to add. Of couse he would only be able to snag one unless no one else put a claim in. Waivers would be on a weekly basis and roster adjustments would be on a weekly basis instead of daily.

So...if anyone is interested, just post here. I'll take care of running the league. One benefit to running the league is that I get first pick of teams in which I would (naturally) take the Atlanta Braves. Two guys who brought the idea to me that are not HI guys are in. One claims the Chicago Cubs the other claims the Boston Red Sox.

1. KK - Atlanta -- signed in
2. Grant Shubby- Boston
3. Tony - Chicago (NL)
4. BG - Milwaukee
5. Keyboard - Philadelphia
6. Doof˛ - San Francisco
7. moans - Colorado
8. two24four - New York (AL)
9. corky - Tampa Bay
10. redneck hockey fan - Cincinnati
11. rhynoc - Texas
12. mrtybrodur30 - Oakland

If not that's cool...

I will have our HI league up and running soon.

keyboard
01-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Will there be a salary cap? Maybe instead of prospects?

boredguy
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm in and will take the Brewers. Gonna use standard stats? Also i'd treat the initial waivers like a slow draft and do it through a message board, doing it through Yahoo would be a mess.

King_Killah
01-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Will there be a salary cap? Maybe instead of prospects?

There was no discussion of a salary cap, but that is something we can discuss.

King_Killah
01-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm in and will take the Brewers. Gonna use standard stats? Also i'd treat the initial waivers like a slow draft and do it through a message board, doing it through Yahoo would be a mess.

Yeah I'd roll with the initial set of waivers to be done through a message board.

keyboard
01-06-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm in. I'll take PHI. :lol:

doofdoof
01-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Using Yahoo, I take it?

Team rankings based on 2010 regular season record?

If so, I'll take SF. Prefer no salary cap.

King_Killah
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Using Yahoo, I take it?

Team rankings based on 2010 regular season record?

If so, I'll take SF. Prefer no salary cap.

Yahoo yep... SF is yours... Salary cap still haven't decided on that yet.

moans
01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I'll take Colorado if it's open!

dw13
01-10-2011, 08:32 PM
If you guys need a 12th and can't fill. I'd probably do it. I also have a friend possibly.

dw13
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Double post

two24four
01-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Why not.

Can't believe I'm doing this, I will take the Yanks :scared:

King_Killah
02-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Who else?

corky
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I am interested in Tampa Bay

redneck hockey fan
02-04-2011, 10:54 PM
I'll take Cincinnati.

King_Killah
02-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Would like two more teams... Setting up the Groups page as I type... I'll send the all the info as soon as I get everything finished up. Please remember, all teams initial rosters will be your MLB's current team roster.

rhynoc
02-09-2011, 09:41 PM
In for Texas

mrtybrodur30
02-10-2011, 09:08 AM
I'll take the A's.

What are the cats?

King_Killah
02-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Everyone should have received a PM with the league info. Do we want to attempt getting everyone on the same page and have a live draft or do we want to do the draft through the yahoo groups pages. I'll PM everyone the Groups pages info in a moment also. Just wanted to point out that we are mid-February, MLB season kicks off March 30th so we would need to start the draft soon if we do it offline.

boredguy
02-13-2011, 09:36 PM
You got some funky settings going on right now. Max of 2 moves all season, Grand slams, putouts, pickoffs, 7 day waivers.

Also not sure how an online draft would work here since we're starting with full majors and minors rosters. I'd say you gotta do it offline with having it in draft format but with the guy saying who he wants to add and who he drops.

rhynoc
02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Everyone should have received a PM with the league info. Do we want to attempt getting everyone on the same page and have a live draft or do we want to do the draft through the yahoo groups pages. I'll PM everyone the Groups pages info in a moment also. Just wanted to point out that we are mid-February, MLB season kicks off March 30th so we would need to start the draft soon if we do it offline.

I'm good to go whenever we can. The sooner the better as I'd like to still retain Michael Young before he gets traded. Haha.

King_Killah
02-15-2011, 09:29 PM
You got some funky settings going on right now. Max of 2 moves all season, Grand slams, putouts, pickoffs, 7 day waivers.

Also not sure how an online draft would work here since we're starting with full majors and minors rosters. I'd say you gotta do it offline with having it in draft format but with the guy saying who he wants to add and who he drops.

The max moves will be changed. It is to prevent an overabundance of add/drops - waivers/FAs, etc. It should be weekly. The slams and pick offs I added for flavor. Put outs, errors I felt we should value defense.

As for the draft...once everyone is logged into the league, I'll get the teams loaded. I know what I am gonna do.

King_Killah
02-15-2011, 09:29 PM
So......we only have 6 signed up in the league, if everyone could get in there, that would be awesome.

keyboard
02-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Slams and pick offs? Those aren't really stats you can draft for.

two24four
02-15-2011, 10:31 PM
In.

rhynoc
02-16-2011, 10:21 AM
For as quick as people jumped on the idea of this Dynasty League, they sure are taking their sweet time signing up.

rhynoc
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
For as quick as people jumped on the idea of this Dynasty League, they sure are taking their sweet time signing up.
I'm actually concerned about the commitment of some of these people who wanted to join the league. If it's taken this long to join, is this an indication of their commitment level !?

keyboard
02-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Are you talking to yourself?

rhynoc
02-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Yes I am.

mrtybrodur30
02-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Can we cut some of the hitting stats to make the scoring more even with pitching. Theres a few like slams and errors, etc that can be cut pretty easily imo, but just wondering what everyone else thinks.

rhynoc
02-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Can we cut some of the hitting stats to make the scoring more even with pitching. Theres a few like slams and errors, etc that can be cut pretty easily imo, but just wondering what everyone else thinks.
I think you should change you team name to whoever your dynasty team is, instead of mrtybrodur30.

mrtybrodur30
02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the great input. :rolleyes: I'll consider it.

rhynoc
02-17-2011, 04:53 PM
No worries. It'll be totally awesome When the Texas Rangers start the season off against mrtybrodur30....

keyboard
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Can we cut some of the hitting stats to make the scoring more even with pitching. Theres a few like slams and errors, etc that can be cut pretty easily imo, but just wondering what everyone else thinks.I agree. I'd like to open a discussion on this.

No worries. It'll be totally awesome When the Texas Rangers start the season off against mrtybrodur30....
Who is this idiot?

rhynoc
02-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Who is this idiot?
It's all good my friend. :beer:

keyboard
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM
No, seriously. Who are you and why are you in a dynasty league with regulars and taking shots at mrtybrodur30?

Fuck this guy.

rhynoc
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Whatever sunshine. I'll still sleep at night.

rhynoc
02-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Who are you and why are you in a dynasty league with regulars
Fuck this guy.
My bad. Didn't realize there was a min post count to join a fantasy sports league. If there is a thread regarding this matter please direct me, as I would like to know where I stand on HI totem pole among my interweb friends before being accepted as one of your own...

Get real man.

keyboard
02-18-2011, 10:26 AM
It's not a minimum post count, it's a minimum intelligence level.

He reminds me of a guy we had in a hockey pool on HI, by the second week of the draft the league kicked him out for being a complete tool.

rhynoc
02-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Are you done...

keyboard
02-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Are you done...
You're still here so you can figure it out.

doofdoof
02-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Sounds good to me

rhynoc
02-18-2011, 11:06 PM
You're still here so you can figure it out.
Full of class aren't ya.

MTR
02-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Both of you cut it out. No need it in.

rhynoc
02-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I don't think I've done a thing but defend myself. But if you feel that I am to blame for calling myself an idiot and suggesting myself to leave this web forum then i guess I dont have a leg to stand on.
My bad for asking for myself to be harassed. I mean, I guess it's all good to have atleast one user per web fourm to make the new users feel welcome...

keyboard
02-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I don't think I've done a thing but defend myself. But if you feel that I am to blame for calling myself an idiot and suggesting myself to leave this web forum then i guess I dont have a leg to stand on.
My bad for asking for myself to be harassed. I mean, I guess it's all good to have atleast one user per web fourm to make the new users feel welcome...
Boo hoo.

mrtybrodur30
02-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah rhynoc you did nothing wrong, you werent being an ass and acting like it was life or death that I change my team name asap, reminds me of dirty harry in the other baseball league. Except your even more annoying than him so far.

rhynoc
02-19-2011, 11:05 AM
If having the last word in a disagreement is important to you guys, then have it... then grow up and move on.... then realize I was making a simple suggestion to better enhance the dynasty feel of the league.
And if it's that important for you guys to not allow a new user to join a league because of his post count then I will leave the league to help alleviate the wad of panties you both have jammed up your ass.

doofdoof
02-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Agreed

keyboard
02-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah rhynoc you did nothing wrong, you werent being an ass and acting like it was life or death that I change my team name asap, reminds me of dirty harry in the other baseball league. Except your even more annoying than him so far.Yeah, that was the name. That French Canadian bastard was unbelievable. :lol:

I will leave the leagueCool. Thanks.

King_Killah
02-20-2011, 09:49 PM
MrtyBrodur can you please change your name to your team name. You have time obviously, but if that could be done that would be awesome...

Waiting on DoofDoof and Keyboard as well as Grant and Tony (non-HIers) to get into the league. I will get on Boston and ChiCubs to get in if you guys can get in. Thanks.

doofdoof
02-21-2011, 12:35 AM
MrtyBrodur can you please change your name to your team name. You have time obviously, but if that could be done that would be awesome...

Waiting on DoofDoof and Keyboard as well as Grant and Tony (non-HIers) to get into the league. I will get on Boston and ChiCubs to get in if you guys can get in. Thanks.

I never received a PM. Can you send league details?

boredguy
02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
We're doing the first bit of waivers stuff through the Yahoo Group so everyone who hasn't join at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/HI-MLBDynasty/

doofdoof
03-04-2011, 02:11 PM
When are the last two going to join so we can start? It will take a few weeks to do the draft won't it?

King_Killah
03-05-2011, 12:37 AM
When are the last two going to join so we can start? It will take a few weeks to do the draft won't it?

Click the link that BG provided a couple of posts up. There is no draft, the teams are loaded. What we are waiting for is the remaining two teams to sign into the groups pages so we can start the waivers.

rhynoc
03-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Who are the remaining 2 teams not signed up? Do you realize waivers start tonight? Get on it.

two24four
03-06-2011, 08:55 PM
So how is this working to pick up FA players, we have to put in waiver claims for all the players we want?

keyboard
03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I am afraid I will be unable to compete in this league this season. Good luck.

two24four
03-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah sorry I'm also going to have to back out.

mrtybrodur30
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Im also sorry im going to have to leave. I didnt know the waiver process was going to be like it is when I joined.

doofdoof
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Damn. I think we are down to 7 teams. I am not sure that there is much point continuing ....

King_Killah
03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Im also sorry im going to have to leave. I didnt know the waiver process was going to be like it is when I joined.

Alright..... Since everyone seems to have an issue of how waivers is set, how should waivers be set??

Open teams available to first come, first served.

rhynoc
03-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Waiver Claims have started people. Get in and make your claims.