PDA

View Full Version : NFL Road to Super Bowl

King_Killah
01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Let's have a post-season thread running to talk about the playoffs and Super Bowl, starting with predictions.

Here's what I have...

Wild Card Weekend:

New Orleans -10.5 @ Seattle... I have to say the Saints win, but not so sure about the cover. For as much as the Seahawks are still frauds, it is a tough spot to play. I think the Seahawks can keep it close, but ultimately lose the game.

New York Jets +3 @ Indianapolis... I'll give it to the Colts for one reason. They are playing at home. The Colts are NOT the Colts of the past, but I think Peyton can get it done. Not a believer in Sanchez. Again, I would love the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets to win here just because I don't like Peyton the Pompous Ass Manning, but can't see it happening. Colts to win and cover.

Ravens -2.5 @ Chiefs... I'll take the Ravens to WIN on the road and cover the number. Sure it's early and the number will move back and forth all week long, but as of now this is where I stand. I am thrilled to see the Chiefs in the playoffs. I am tired of the Chargers. First big step for the Chiefs. Not sure if they can get past the Ravens though. Ravens are seasoned playoff vets. Their defense is still good. I would love to see the Chiefs take it and move on, just can't see it happening right now.

Green Bay Packers +2.5 @ Philadelphia... I am tossed up on this game. On paper the Packers should win this game. Better offense, better defense... But the Vick factor has to be taken into consideration. Vick went INTO Lambeau and beat the Packers in the playoffs. I know, different time, different situation, but still. Philly is ready to erupt. Vegas has this as a close game. If it is this close, I am leaning to the Packers to win it. Can't the Eagles O-line contain the Packers defense? Matthews and Hawk, Woodson... That's a lot coming and it's only 3 of the 11 guys on the field.

I'll make my next round picks next week... I do see the road to the Super Bowl heading through Atlanta and New England, and for as much as I want the Falcons to win, the Patriots are too friggin' good.

two24four
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
My wild card picks.

Saints over Hawks.
Colts over Jets
Cheifs over Ravens
Packers over Philly

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
My wild card picks.

Saints over Hawks.
Colts over Jets
Cheifs over Ravens
Packers over Philly

+1 except I like the Ravens D to really destroy KC.

Saints.
Colts.
Ravens.
Packers.

eff1ngham
01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Agreed sponge, that's what I've got as well

dw13
01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Saints
Jets
Ravens
Pack

FlyGuy78
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Saints.
Colts.
Ravens.
Packers.

Yeah what she said! :D

b_illin
01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Saints over Hawks.
Colts over Jets
Ravens over Chiefs
Philly over Packers

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I think 24 is just using wishful thinking as his basis for a KC win. :p

Also I think the Jets/Colts game could be a lot closer than some ppl are thinking. I would not be shocked to see the Jets win but I still got my $ on Indy at home.

two24four
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I think 24 is just using wishful thinking as his basis for a KC win. :p

Also I think the Jets/Colts game could be a lot closer than some ppl are thinking. I would not be shocked to see the Jets win but I still got my $ on Indy at home.

haha, I really have never minded KC. That and I really dont want to play the Ravens again in the playoffs, mind you it would be nice if we could beat them this year.

It would be fun seeing all those ex Pats come back for a playoff game vs the real Pats.

Motorcat
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
NO > Seattle.
Indy > NYJ
Baltimore > KC
Philadelphia > Green Bay

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Seattle 250-1 odds of winning the SB.

Cha ching! :lol:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__30/ept_sports_nfl_experts-873869627-1294236430.jpg?ymO8gWEDHm9EgXfX

Odds courtesy LVSC (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/etc/112910224.html)

Doctego
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Pierre Thomas going down can't help the Saints chances.

King_Killah
01-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Don't be surprised if Seattle pulls something off! The world would go insane if a 7-9 team wins the SUPER BOWL! Imagine that!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-08-2011, 03:15 AM
"If you don't think you're a winner you don't belong here!" -- Vince Lombardi

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d81d7af8e/Victory-is-waiting-for-you

b_illin
01-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I picked SEA to cover the spread - NO will win but SEA plays so well at home

Doctego
01-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I picked SEA to cover the spread - NO will win but SEA plays so well at home

New Orleans is banged up so anything can happen but this Seattle homefield thing has stuck around way too long, IMHO. The Kingdome has been gone for a decade. That place was loud as hell and difficult to play at for the visiting team. Now, they're just an average team that plays better at home, like many other teams in the league.

habsfan1
01-08-2011, 01:01 PM
New Orleans is banged up so anything can happen but this Seattle homefield thing has stuck around way too long, IMHO. The Kingdome has been gone for a decade. That place was loud as hell and difficult to play at for the visiting team. Now, they're just an average team that plays better at home, like many other teams in the league.

Seattle's stadium, Qwest field, is known as one of the loudest, if not the loudest in the league.

Brian Billick said about Seattle 'the 12th man is very real, it's the first 11 I worry about'

Doctego
01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Seattle's stadium, Qwest field, is known as one of the loudest, if not the loudest in the league.

Brian Billick said about Seattle 'the 12th man is very real, it's the first 11 I worry about'

My points were that it's not quite what it was when it was a dome and that Seattle just isn't very good.

dw13
01-08-2011, 01:46 PM

You mean the fake noise they play in the speakers to make it loud, makes it the loudest in the league? :D

The rain will have more of an effect on the Saints then the noise will. Seattle should be hoping it gets nasty out there today.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
One word baby -- PLAYOFFS!

canuckthug
01-08-2011, 04:43 PM
YouTube - Qwest field beers
lol.. dont call the cops!! Maybe, just maybe... SeaHawk nation is loud because they secretly get drunk off larges for the price of mediums!!

Im not biggest football guy (NFL or CFL), slowly got into it over the last 5-6 years. Never had a favorite NFL team but id catch the big games and root for a good one. Anyways, i plan on moving to VanCity one day and will cross the border to catch NFL action.. . long story short ---> lets go SeaHawks!!

Don't be surprised if Seattle pulls something off! The world would go insane if a 7-9 team wins the SUPER BOWL! Imagine that!

Hey, if they win today (long shot), maybe a name change is entitled: out with the Seafrauds--->in with the SeaHawks!! haha :beer:

moans
01-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Seattle up 11with 3 minutes left. What an unbelievable run by Marshawn Lynch. He must have broken 7 or 8 tackles on that 67 yard td run.

canuckthug
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Seattle up 11with 3 minutes left. What an unbelievable run by Marshawn Lynch. He must have broken 7 or 8 tackles on that 67 yard td run.

I thought that was former MVP shaun Alexander for a second...

two24four
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
What a game.

Zangetsu
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Seattle up 11with 3 minutes left. What an unbelievable run by Marshawn Lynch. He must have broken 7 or 8 tackles on that 67 yard td run.Two words:

BEAST MODE!!!

b_illin
01-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm a bit behind on delay with the colts down 14-13 in FG range (1:45ish) when my pvr randomly jumps to the fucking pete carroll show for no fucking apparent reason...flip to tsn to get the score and see that I must have missed an awesome end to the game! :(

dw13
01-08-2011, 11:18 PM
What a day of football!!

So much for the losing team not worthy of being in the playoffs!

And the Colts with Peyton Manning on a winning streak gearing up for the playoffs!

Tomorrow is another great looking day!

phaneuf6
01-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow. My Chiefs play at 1 and then my roommates Eagles at 4:30.. can it get any better?

Absolutely no expectations for the Chiefs, just making the playoffs this year was fantastic. That being said, I'd love a win of course. Cassel will have to be on his A game.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Wow!

Amazing.

Super entertaining and super exciting opening day.

Who isn't impressed ?

Jumping ahead here but I'm thinking... if Baltimore takes down the Chiefs we end up with Pitt/Balt and NE/Jets in the next round. Pretty crazy thinking back to that awesome weekend of SNF and MFN football we had a few weeks back.

Wow.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
wow, still a quarter to go but bring on the Ravens I guess. Gonna be a blood fest. I'm proud and confident in my team but I'd be a fool if I said I wasn't nervous. I won't lie. We've gotten past them in the post and won a SB b/c of it but I can't help to think -- They gotta get us sometime ???? Thank god we are at home. Fuck. :mad:

Doctego
01-09-2011, 03:40 PM
wow, still a quarter to go but bring on the Ravens I guess. Gonna be a blood fest. I'm proud and confident in my team but I'd be a fool if I said I wasn't nervous. I won't lie. We've gotten past them in the post and won a SB b/c of it but I can't help to think -- They gotta get us sometime ???? Thank god we are at home. Fuck. :mad:

I'll be pulling for you but I really don't think that home field matters to those 2 teams.

canuckthug
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Ray Lewis pretty much sealed the deal causing the turnover. This leads me to ask, who will go down as the better defender, Troy Polamalu or Ray Lewis? Both have ring(s), both continually make big time plays in big game situations..

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll be pulling for you but I really don't think that home field matters to those 2 teams.

Very true in the regular season.... but in the post season I like the fact that we'll have lots of black n gold towels waving in the stands. Won't be a deciding factor but I would rather be home for sure. It did us good in the post season last time around. But you're right, either way I absolutely expect to see a very tight defensive battle with a 3 point winner. Turnovers -- key.

Honestly it's a 50-50 shot.

Jets/Pats
Steelers/Ravens

Earlier regular season battle for first in their respective divisions.

Playoffs roll around and we all face each other again for the right to go battle for the conference and earn a trip to the SB.

Did anyone except any less ?

dw13
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Ray Lewis pretty much sealed the deal causing the turnover. This leads me to ask, who will go down as the better defender, Troy Polamalu or Ray Lewis? Both have ring(s), both continually make big time plays in big game situations..

Ray Lewis is one of the best to ever play his position. End of comparison.

FlyGuy78
01-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Ray Lewis is one of the best to ever play his position. End of comparison.

And Troy isn't??

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
And Troy isn't??

Don't mind da, he's a hater who thinks Polamalu is "over rated" :lol:

Forget the fact that it was Troy's late 4th quarter strip sack on Joe Fucco in the last Balt/Pitt game that basically gave us home field for next week and the countless other examples I could pile onto the argument. lol.

dw13
01-09-2011, 04:12 PM
And Troy isn't??

Troy is one of the best to ever play safety? I don't rate the guy as high as most but that's a stretch, no?

IMO, he hasn't even been the best safety in his era! Ed Reed has been.

All opinion, obviously.

Edit: Sponge, just because I think he's overrated doesn't mean I don't think he's good. I think he's overrated because everyone thinks hes the BEST. I don't. His sack/strip on Flacco doesn't change my opinion. He's wonderful blitzing, and against the run. No doubting that.

FlyGuy78
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Troy is one of the best to ever play safety? I don't rate the guy as high as most but that's a stretch, no?

All opinion, obviously.

Edit: Sponge, just because I think he's overrated doesn't mean I don't think he's good. I think he's overrated because everyone thinks hes the BEST. I don't. His sack/strip on Flacco doesn't change my opinion. He's wonderful blitzing, and against the run. No doubting that.

Reed and Troy are like twins in my opinion. Both are always making plays and the ball seems to find them pretty easily.

canuckthug
01-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Well it could boil down to a breakdown of stats.. Im certain Troy.P. has more career INT's and im assuming Lewis has more career sacs. How many times has Lewis created a SAC-6 (fumble recovery touchdown)? How many pick-6's does troy have?

Palamalu is considered as weapon X on Pitts. A very very reliable weapon on a team with a few. Big Ben on the team and the Bus helping him win a title to name a few. Ray Lewis happens to be the X-Factor. The most integral component to the success of Baltimore. Pitts can rally around not having Troy in the lineup and still be a threat. Take Lewis out of the lineup and Baltimore takes a serious blow. my 2 cents .. BUT, having said that--- Troy has 2 rings, Lewis has 1 ---> thus making next weeks game even more important when considering who could go down as the better defensive player.. again, my 2 cents.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 05:17 PM

All opinion, obviously.

Okay I get that but at the position who out there is better or even capable of being in the same conversation other than Ed Reed? Over rated, in my humble opinion, is a huge stretch.

Like Fly said.... the guys really are two peas in the same pod. And nothing else compares. Period.

That being said -- hard to compare troy with ray considering the difference of position and specific expectations placed on them. Both are incredible.

dw13
01-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Okay I get that but at the position who out there is better or even capable of being in the same conversation other than Ed Reed? Over rated, in my humble opinion, is a huge stretch.

Like Fly said.... the guys really are two peas in the same pod. And nothing else compares. Period.

That being said -- hard to compare troy with ray considering the difference of position and specific expectations placed on them. Both are incredible.

I'm not saying there is a better safety then Ed Reed or not. But that doesn't put Troy in Ray Lewis' shoes, IMO. If we are going position by position, over Ray Lewis's era he's been the best.

I guess it's like splitting hairs, I agree. I just look at it that way.

Not trying to downplay Troy like I have in the past at all. He's obviously a HUGE piece of the puzzle for the Steelers.

Well it could boil down to a breakdown of stats.. Im certain Troy.P. has more career INT's and im assuming Lewis has more career sacs. How many times has Lewis created a SAC-6 (fumble recovery touchdown)? How many pick-6's does troy have?

Palamalu is considered as weapon X on Pitts. A very very reliable weapon on a team with a few. Big Ben on the team and the Bus helping him win a title to name a few. Ray Lewis happens to be the X-Factor. The most integral component to the success of Baltimore. Pitts can rally around not having Troy in the lineup and still be a threat. Take Lewis out of the lineup and Baltimore takes a serious blow. my 2 cents .. BUT, having said that--- Troy has 2 rings, Lewis has 1 ---> thus making next weeks game even more important when considering who could go down as the better defensive player.. again, my 2 cents.

Ray Lewis isn't about sacks and pick 6's, etc. That's silly. His overall play and influence means more then those type of stats.

canuckthug
01-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Ray Lewis isn't about sacks and pick 6's, etc. That's silly. His overall play and influence means more then those type of stats.

My bad, what I meant is turnovers caused by Lewis tackles that resulted into TD's-- which is close to a pick 6. Anyways, i was just curious to what people thought around here. Just a quick PTI type a question that is banged out like Kornheizer and Wilbon do in a minute 30.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 07:01 PM
wow akers with 2 misses. I picked GB to win this thing but didn't expect such glaring mistakes out of Philly. Still a lotta time left though.

b_illin
01-09-2011, 07:26 PM

All opinion, obviously.

Let's wait for Troy to have as long a career as Lewis' before questioning Fly's statment - Lewis has 7 seasons on Polamalu. Was Ray considered one of the best to ever play his position in 2003 (equivalent to rating Troy at this point in his career)? I wouldn't have said so. Both are amazing players and it will be interesting to see if Polamalu can continue his style of play the way Lewis has been able to continue his after all these years.

dw13
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Well in Packers!

See ya Vick!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Wow. 2 missed FG and lose by 5. Ouch. Who do you blame ?

Love GB chances against the Falcons. Should be another great game.

Yay playoffs.

heliosj
01-09-2011, 07:47 PM
See ya Vick!Not to reignite the whole Vick debate.. again. But :hyper: -- it really started to bug me at the thought of him playing in the SuperBowl.

FlyGuy78
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Not to reignite the whole Vick debate.. again. But :hyper: -- it really started to bug me at the thought of him playing in the SuperBowl.

Yeah I agree. I will admit that what Vick did this year was amazing and he finally showed his abilities as an elite NFL quarterback, but fuck him......and them damn Eagles!! :D

Kyle
01-10-2011, 05:36 AM

Kyle
01-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Let's wait for Troy to have as long a career as Lewis' before questioning Fly's statment - Lewis has 7 seasons on Polamalu. Was Ray considered one of the best to ever play his position in 2003 (equivalent to rating Troy at this point in his career)? I wouldn't have said so. Both are amazing players and it will be interesting to see if Polamalu can continue his style of play the way Lewis has been able to continue his after all these years.

Fuck yes. Ray Lewis was an undisputed beast in 2003, the best active player at his position without a doubt. Arguably his best season. Anyone with half a brain knew he was a guarenteed hall of famer if he could somewhat sustain it over a longer career. I think he did that and then some.

I think this argument is silly. Troy is an amazing safety but he simply is not the same calibur of player that Ray Lewis is and should not be near Ray Lewis on a top player of all time list. Troy would have to shockingly become much better 9 years into his career to possibly get the nod as an equal calibur player.

I'm a huge fan of TP but Ray Lewis is legendary. He was fucking named the 7th best defensive player of all time in that NFL network top 100 list. You're outrageous if you think Troy is ever getting mentioned that high up on the list.

But I'm admittedly a bit biased. I love Ray Lewis. But I think a Linebacker is a way more significant defensive position than a Safety. I dare anyone to try to argue that. The end result is you can't really argue that Troy impacted games to the extent that Lewis has through his entire career. Troy benefits from the NFL being as weak as its been lately at the safety position, he stands out due to the mediocrity surrounding him. So while you could make an argument that troy is arguably the best at his position much like Lewis was at this point in his career, you can't argue that he impacts games to the same extent, can't argue hes even somewhat on par as a leader, and IMO has never consistently dominated to the extent that Ray Lewis has for 15+ years. He is not ever cracking the top 20 all time NFL list.

Doctego
01-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Fuck yes. Ray Lewis was an undisputed beast in 2003, the best active player at his position without a doubt. Arguably his best season. Anyone with half a brain knew he was a guarenteed hall of famer if he could somewhat sustain it over a longer career. I think he did that and then some.

I think this argument is silly. Troy is an amazing safety but he simply is not the same calibur of player that Ray Lewis is and should not be near Ray Lewis on a top player of all time list. Troy would have to shockingly become much better 9 years into his career to possibly get the nod as an equal calibur player.

I'm a huge fan of TP but Ray Lewis is legendary. He was fucking named the 7th best defensive player of all time in that NFL network top 100 list. You're outrageous if you think Troy is ever getting mentioned that high up on the list.

But I'm admittedly a bit biased. I love Ray Lewis. But I think a Linebacker is a way more significant defensive position than a Safety. I dare anyone to try to argue that. The end result is you can't really argue that Troy impacted games to the extent that Lewis has through his entire career. Troy benefits from the NFL being as weak as its been lately at the safety position, he stands out due to the mediocrity surrounding him. So while you could make an argument that troy is arguably the best at his position much like Lewis was at this point in his career, you can't argue that he impacts games to the same extent, can't argue hes even somewhat on par as a leader, and IMO has never consistently dominated to the extent that Ray Lewis has for 15+ years. He is not ever cracking the top 20 all time NFL list.

I agree with most of what you wrote but have a problem. It's hard enough comparing players from the same position during different eras. It's really hard comparing players from different positions. I'm not saying that they are from different eras. I'm just saying that, even when 2 players played in the same spot, it can still be tricky.

Put me on the list that says that Lewis is more dominant at his position than Troy is at his but we need to look at that in context as well. Lewis plays at a position that gets glorified over history. When people talk about the best defenses and the best defensive players of all-time, the linebackers are usually listed first. No one ever mentions safeties. It's not a glamorous and glorified position. With the transition of the NFL to more of a passing league, they are getting more attention but they still get no pub, relatively speaking. If we started a discussion of the best linebackers of all-time, we could have a 4-page thread with tons of names in no time. Start the same thread about safeties and we would have a lot of silence followed by a few mentions of Ronnie Lott.

FlyGuy78
01-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Ronnie Lott was the greatest DB to ever play the game!!!

dw13
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM

Right on, Kyle. :beer:

b_illin
01-10-2011, 01:01 PM

But you can say the same about Troy at this point in his career as well. He is the best at his position if not one of top 2 and he is going into the HOF as well. What I was saying was let's see what Troy's does over the next 7 or so years when we'll be able to compare them properly. I'm not slagging Lewis, I'm saying it's unfair to compare them given the 7 year edge Ray has.

(and I would bet Lewis will be considered the better of the two...and that's no knock on Troy! I don't see Polamalu being able to continue the way he plays when he's old the way Ray has been able to remain a beast...doesn't change the fact that you still can't compare them til their careers are both completed)

King_Killah
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Divisional Weekend............

Seattle +10 at Chicago... I might have to lean to the Frauds with the points again. The Bears are nothing special, and didn't the SeaFrauds beat the Bears in Chicago this year already?? Again, Seattle comes in with no pressure because "they are not supposed to be there" and all that stuff.

Green Bay +2.5 at Atlanta... The Falcons show the Eagles how to beat Green Bay. I will openly admit I am pretty nervous about this game. Clay Matthews is a beast. But...Atlanta will use the run unlike Philly did. GB's one downfall is their run-D.

(Imagine if Seattle and Green Bay win their games... Seattle hosts the NFC Conference Championship)

Baltimore +3 at Pittsburgh... This is going to be a fight. Whoever wins this is going to be beat up and not sure if a week is enough time to recover. Sorry Bonger...But I might have to lean towards the Ravens here.

New York Jets +8.5 at New England... Sorry Doc, Dawinna... I am not seeing another hefty beatdown, but I am seeing a beatdown. Pats move on.

Seattle/Atlanta - NFC Championship
Baltimore/New England - AFC Championship

Atlanta/New England - Super Bowl

dw13
01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
New York Jets +8.5 at New England... Sorry Doc, Dawinna... I am not seeing another hefty beatdown, but I am seeing a beatdown. Pats move on.

Don't feel bad. You predicted the Colts to win+cover last weekend, too :D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Any Given Sunday -- or Saturday!

Doctego
01-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Any Given Sunday -- or Saturday!

Odd little tidbit.......If Seattle wins in Chicago and Green Bay wins in Atlanta, Seattle will host the NFC championship game. Not probable but certainly possible.

eff1ngham
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
I can see Green Bay beating Atlanta, but Seattle over Chicago is a different story. I'd certainly like to see them host the NFC championship game so I'll be rooting for them :)

I'm going with the Pats and the Ravens this weekend as well

b_illin
01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Atl
sea
pit
ne

(why the fuck does it keep changing what I wrote in all caps to no caps??)

dw13
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
ATL > GB - Can't bet against Matty Ice at home even though I really like GB's chances to win this one.

CHI > SEA - Seattle isn't any good. They beat Chicago earlier in the year, makes it even harder for them. Not going to beat them twice.

PIT > BAL - Steelers are at home. I can't look past that.

Won't pick the Jets game.

eff1ngham
01-12-2011, 12:27 PM
(why the fuck does it keep changing what I wrote in all caps to no caps??)

I'm guessing they have the shout filter enabled

b_illin
01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm guessing they have the shout filter enabled

Ah, if that's the case, then I can live with that....NOBODY LIKES A SHOUTER! :lol:

two24four
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
ATL over GB.- I would like to see GB win, but I think Ryan will be just to much for them.

CHI over SEA- Would be pretty funny if SEA did win and host the NFC final at home though.

PIT over BAL- These two teams are going to be black and blue after this game is over.

I also wont pick the 4th game :D

King_Killah
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
ATL > GB - Can't bet against Matty Ice at home even though I really like GB's chances to win this one.

CHI > SEA - Seattle isn't any good. They beat Chicago earlier in the year, makes it even harder for them. Not going to beat them twice.

PIT > BAL - Steelers are at home. I can't look past that.

Won't pick the Jets game.

ATL over GB.- I would like to see GB win, but I think Ryan will be just to much for them.

CHI over SEA- Would be pretty funny if SEA did win and host the NFC final at home though.

PIT over BAL- These two teams are going to be black and blue after this game is over.

I also wont pick the 4th game :D

:lol:

What are you announcing the game or something???

two24four
01-12-2011, 07:15 PM

What are you announcing the game or something???

Dont want to jinx it.

habsfan1
01-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Gb
chi
pitt
ne

Snipes16
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Balty 23 - 20...Boldin's big, Holmes is open in NE, sumpthin amiss with Pitt this year

Atlanta 27 - 23...not slurping down the Pack kool aid like most, over 43.5

Chicago 31 - 13...Killah gone born again Hag on us, on the road no less?

Pats 34 - 20...being nice, Pats bring A game it'll be ugly again..Brunell sighting

FlyGuy78
01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Balty 23 - 20...Boldin's big, Holmes is open in NE, sumpthin amiss with Pitt this year

Atlanta 27 - 23...not slurping down the Pack kool aid like most, over 43.5

Chicago 31 - 13...Killah gone born again Hag on us, on the road no less?

Pats 34 - 20...being nice, Pats bring A game it'll be ugly again..Brunell sighting

I think the Pats win easily, but I don't see that happening!

dw13
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I think the Pats win easily, but I don't see that happening!

Are you going to avoid talking on this thread or the Jets thread again like last week if the Jets win? :lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-14-2011, 12:13 AM
YouTube - NFL 2010/2011 Playoffs Baltimore Ravens Vs Pittsburgh Steelers Preview

"This is the NFL at its best"

Fucking Right!

FlyGuy78
01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Are you going to avoid talking on this thread or the Jets thread again like last week if the Jets win? :lol:

uhmmmmm......no! :rolleyes:

And that's because the Jets aren't going to win!! ;)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm getting sick of turning on NFL network and being blasted with Pats/Jets coverage every time! BB said this. Rex did that. Tom Brady this. Maybe it's a bad timing thing on my part but there are 3 other exciting games going on this weekend, you fucks!

edit: okay two other exciting games, Bears/Hawks - meh.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-15-2011, 03:24 AM
I LOVE these Lombardi bits. Seriously. They are pretty intense. Well done.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d81da7820/Prove-how-much-you-want-it

habsfan1
01-15-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm getting sick of turning on NFL network and being blasted with Pats/Jets coverage every time! BB said this. Rex did that. Tom Brady this. Maybe it's a bad timing thing on my part but there are 3 other exciting games going on this weekend, you fucks!

edit: okay two other exciting games, Bears/Hawks - meh.

I'm a Bears fan and I think that game is going to be meh too.

NE is going to blow out the Jets.

I've got bets right now that Pitt/Bal and Atl/GB will be 3 point games. Going to be an awesome Saturday.

dw13
01-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Ready for some good ball tonight.

dw13
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Well choked, Baltimore. Had them on the ropes completely.

Another dandy to watch though! On to the next one!

b_illin
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Wooha!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Let me be quick & polite:

60 minutes baby!

Black n Gold all day!

See you NEXT WEEK! :beer:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Wow Pack.

Rodgers is the man.

Kyle
01-16-2011, 06:39 AM
The Ravens had 1 semi-decent offensive position that was only decent because of a pass interference call. The offense was a total, shit-tacular fucking joke. The Ravens D deserved way more yesterday. They were out there the entire fucking game it felt like.

Steelers simply deserved it. Ravens were lucky they ever had a lead.

Rodgers is a beast. Anyone still laughing at my comment last year about him being a lock for the Hall of Fame if he stays healthy? This dude is something special even in this era of top QBs.

Doctego
01-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Rodgers is a beast. Anyone still laughing at my comment last year about him being a lock for the Hall of Fame if he stays healthy? This dude is something special even in this era of top QBs.

I don't remember the comment at the time but I'll laugh at it. It reeks of dramatic overkill. He is playing great and I agree with Aikman in that I would pick him over any QB in the league to start my team with. The guy has 54 regular season games played, though. Lots of grey area between 3 1/2 seasons worth of games and "lock hall of famer", even without injury. He is special but the HOF is littered with QB that were special over a decade or more and not just a handful of games. Let him keep this up for another 5 years and I'll be right there with you.

Kyle
01-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Show me a QB who arrived in the league posting 4000+ yards and 25+ TDs routinely who simply ceased to do it after a few years. Its just about a guarentee that at the rate hes going, he will be getting his at the end of a healthy career. Its not like hes in the perfectly ideal QB situation in the league or the perfect offense. He brings everything good about that offense. Theres nothing that might happen thats going to suddenly hurt his production dramatically.

Hes putting up career numbers for most QBs in his first 2-3 seasons. At this point in his career I'd say you could easily compare him to a Crosby or Ovechkin in the NHL (As far as his statistical dominance early in his career is concerned) and please show me anyone who isn't already 100% positive they are both landing in the Hall of Fame (assuming they're healthy) so I can point and call him a dumbass.

Health is the only thing that could deprive him of a seat. Even if he never wins a SB, his numbers if he plays a healthy career will simply be too good.

Those QBs who litter the HoF were not even comparable to Rodgers this early in their careers. He isn't a one year fluke, he has already proven his consistency beyond a shadow of a doubt. 54 season games and what hes shown in the playoffs so far is more than enough for me. You can deprive credit for one flukey season or one flukey stretch but Rodgers has earned much more respect than that.

Doctego
01-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Show me a QB who arrived in the league posting 4000+ yards and 25+ TDs routinely who simply ceased to do it after a few years. Its just about a guarentee that at the rate hes going, he will be getting his at the end of a healthy career. Its not like hes in the perfectly ideal QB situation in the league or the perfect offense. He brings everything good about that offense. Theres nothing that might happen thats going to suddenly hurt his production dramatically.

Hes putting up career numbers for most QBs in his first 2-3 seasons. At this point in his career I'd say you could easily compare him to a Crosby or Ovechkin in the NHL (As far as his statistical dominance early in his career is concerned) and please show me anyone who isn't already 100% positive they are both landing in the Hall of Fame (assuming they're healthy) so I can point and call him a dumbass.

Health is the only thing that could deprive him of a seat.

Those QBs who litter the HoF were not even comparable to Rodgers this early in their careers. He isn't a one year fluke, he has already proven his consistency beyond a shadow of a doubt. 54 season games and what hes shown in the playoffs so far is more than enough for me. You can deprive credit for one flukey season or one flukey stretch but Rodgers has earned much more respect than that.

I'm not saying that he's a 1-hit wonder at all. I'm saying that these discussions are usually a little bit early. This 1 is a lot early. It looks like he has taken his play to another level so you apparently made your statement earlier than early.

Knock yourself out, though. Personally, I don't like even mentioning HOF unless there has been 10+ years of play at a high level. I don't mind starting the discussion a little early but this is quite a bit early for me.

dw13
01-16-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm not saying that he's a 1-hit wonder at all. I'm saying that these discussions are usually a little bit early. This 1 is a lot early. It looks like he has taken his play to another level so you apparently made your statement earlier than early.

Knock yourself out, though. Personally, I don't like even mentioning HOF unless there has been 10+ years of play at a high level. I don't mind starting the discussion a little early but this is quite a bit early for me.

Yeah, this. Rodgers was absolutely sensational last night and he has been for the past while but this conversation is jokingly too early.

b_illin
01-16-2011, 01:32 PM
This is silly....the dude is really, really good, but to make suggestions that he is a HOF lock this early is absurd. What if he gets hurt next week and can never play again, etc.?

If he keeps this up, he'll likely be a HOF'er....but let's wait til he's had a proper career before making such grandiose proclamations!

Doctego
01-16-2011, 02:07 PM
This is silly....the dude is really, really good, but to make suggestions that he is a HOF lock this early is absurd. What if he gets hurt next week and can never play again, etc.?

If he keeps this up, he'll likely be a HOF'er....but let's wait til he's had a proper career before making such grandiose proclamations!

Did you read what he wrote??:lol: He said, barring injury, he's a lock. He mentioned that twice. I still think it's way early but RIF.:D

b_illin
01-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Did you read what he wrote??:lol: He said, barring injury, he's a lock. He mentioned that twice. I still think it's way early but RIF.:D

No, I didn't...I rarely read past the first paragraph as he usually rants.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Chicago/Seattle -- zzZZzzZzzZzZzzzZ.....

canuckthug
01-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Im hoping for NE to advance today. I think NE vs PITT is a much bigger game and provides a better chance for PITT to get eliminated. Lets be honest, they barely beat Baltimore. GB to make the SB looks really good and deservingly so..
Pretty good playoffs so far. :beer: No offense to PITT fans and JETS fan, but i like watching good football and your teams arent SB worthy !:cool::hic:

again, my 2cents. dont hate!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Im hoping for NE to advance today. I think NE vs PITT is a much bigger game and provides a better chance for PITT to get eliminated. Lets be honest, they barely beat Baltimore. GB to make the SB looks really good and deservingly so..
Pretty good playoffs so far. :beer: No offense to PITT fans and JETS fan, but i like watching good football and your teams arent SB worthy !:cool::hic:

again, my 2cents. dont hate!

What does that even mean? :lol:

edit: Wow Brady throws a rare pick and the Jets can't even come away with 3 pts off of it. No bueno.

canuckthug
01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
What does that even mean? :lol:

Well, I think PITT advanced because BALT failed to execute. Period. Flacco was completely rattled once the score became 21-14. I give credit to the home fans/home team because they were riled up at that point but Flacco throws into double coverage and then he drops the snap on another. Drops the snap!! That is not good football. When the score was 24-21 Pitt, only Baltimore's reliable D bailed them out, quieted the crowd with some quick 3 & outs.. Obviously you dont need a game recap but Flacco had a chance to take the lead again, he throws the ball into the chest of the receiver in the EndZone but its dropped. They settle for 3. Finally, once the score was 31-24 Pitt, and Balt was 4th and long, Flacco again threw the ball into the chest but it was dropped with good field position. I conclude Baltimore failed to execute, Pitts capitalized on the mistakes but i dont think they will face that kind of lackluster execution next round!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Brady & the Pats hardly look like a SB "worthy" team right now, either.

Still a ton of ball to be played but the Jets pass rush and defense has been impressive! I can't even remember the last time I saw Brady getting tossed around this much. Good stuff.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Tone doing what Tone does best. Guy drops a lot of balls but he has a knack for coming up money.

habsfan1
01-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Santonio Holmes; Wow, nice grab. Great drive by the Jets to answer NE's TD.

habsfan1
01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I thought NE would blow them out, good on the Jets, they'll have it tough in Pitt next week.

Great set of games next week.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Bring on Da JETS! Should be a great championship battle. Kind of bitter sweet seeing Tone come back to the Burgh for the AFC Championship. Hope he don't burn us!

Enjoy your victory guys. Well earned today. Would have loved a shot at NE in there house for an AFC Championship but pretty stoked that the game will be at Heinz. Cheers!

dw13
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Did someone really say the Jets aren't good enough to be here? You're absolutely clueless.

Absolutely beside myself at the moment. A huge win. A franchise changer. Foxboro was booing, they were crying. Feels so damn good.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Well, I think PITT advanced because BALT failed to execute. Period. Flacco was completely rattled once the score became 21-14. I give credit to the home fans/home team because they were riled up at that point but Flacco throws into double coverage and then he drops the snap on another. Drops the snap!! That is not good football. When the score was 24-21 Pitt, only Baltimore's reliable D bailed them out, quieted the crowd with some quick 3 & outs.. Obviously you dont need a game recap but Flacco had a chance to take the lead again, he throws the ball into the chest of the receiver in the EndZone but its dropped. They settle for 3. Finally, once the score was 31-24 Pitt, and Balt was 4th and long, Flacco again threw the ball into the chest but it was dropped with good field position. I conclude Baltimore failed to execute, Pitts capitalized on the mistakes but i dont think they will face that kind of lackluster execution next round!

I agree but it was a bit of an outrageous fluke for the Ravens to get their 21 points in the first place. The Steelers overall outplayed Baltimore on offense and defense all night. As good as Baltimore's D was, Steelers were just as good, and the Steeler's offense drastically outperformed Baltimore's D.

The only element of football that looked like it didn't belong on that big stage was Baltimore's offense. Everything else about the game was spectacular, high-calibur football. Baltimore's offense shit the bed and as a result they were a much worse team. The Steelers were good on both sides of the ball all night and it made up for a flukey, unlucky 21-7 early deficit.

Quite frankly I was actually impressed with how well the Steelers looked.

Doctego
01-16-2011, 10:44 PM
This really is a weird NFL season. Who got preseason love?? The Jets did with all the hype and the Saints being the defending champs. The Ravens were another team that the "experts" loved, especially after beating the Jets in week 1. This was the first season in recent memory where there were no undefeated teams left so early. The flavor of the week was constantly changing. Just look around the league. I can remember the following teams being "the team" at some point during the season:

NY Jets
New England
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Indianapolis
San Diego
Philadelphia
NY Giants
Dallas
Chicago
Green Bay
Minnesota
Atlanta
New Orleans

Obviously, some teams fizzled early. I discussed this with Kyle for a moment but I don't recall a season where the favorite changed so much from week to week.

canuckthug
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Did someone really say the Jets aren't good enough to be here? You're absolutely clueless.

Absolutely beside myself at the moment. A huge win. A franchise changer. Foxboro was booing, they were crying. Feels so damn good.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
That was me who said that. This was the first time the Jets played a complete game, start to finish in a long time. The whole entire team showed up to play when in past games the Jets just showcase that kind of play for good stretches.

Im glad to see the better team advance. I want to watch the best possible superbowl, I want to see the Immovable Object vs the Unstoppable Force and I thought NE was one of those teams. I was wrong about the Jets. I think alot of people were, Jets proved to be the real deal. I dont think any Jets fan was anticipating that high level of play from their team the entire game because they hadn't shown it all season, just in spurts. Great game and your team most definitely deserves to be in the final four after todays complete game/victory.

I agree but it was a bit of an outrageous fluke for the Ravens to get their 21 points in the first place. The Steelers overall outplayed Baltimore on offense and defense all night. As good as Baltimore's D was, Steelers were just as good, and the Steeler's offense drastically outperformed Baltimore's D.

The only element of football that looked like it didn't belong on that big stage was Baltimore's offense. Everything else about the game was spectacular, high-calibur football. Baltimore's offense shit the bed and as a result they were a much worse team. The Steelers were good on both sides of the ball all night and it made up for a flukey, unlucky 21-7 early deficit.

Quite frankly I was actually impressed with how well the Steelers looked.
Fair enough, I agree pretty much everything said mainly the bolded text. Next weeks test for PITT is a bigger challenge so i'll give the steelers full credit if they play a complete game and take down NYJ.

canuckthug
01-16-2011, 11:03 PM
This really is a weird NFL season. Who got preseason love?? The Jets did with all the hype and the Saints being the defending champs. The Ravens were another team that the "experts" loved, especially after beating the Jets in week 1. This was the first season in recent memory where there were no undefeated teams left so early. The flavor of the week was constantly changing. Just look around the league. I can remember the following teams being "the team" at some point during the season:

NY Jets
New England
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Indianapolis
San Diego
Philadelphia
NY Giants
Dallas
Chicago
Green Bay
Minnesota
Atlanta
New Orleans

Obviously, some teams fizzled early. I discussed this with Kyle for a moment but I don't recall a season where the favorite changed so much from week to week.

I know you mentioned teams that fizzled early and I look squarely at Dallas. I think after week 4 or 5, when they lost to Minny --- they were completely written off, nobody mentioned Dallas again as a potential SB team. High expectations early but that was it. Romo got injured, then the team fired the coach but they were well done before that. Having said that, i dont recall anyone saying or thinking Chicago would be going the distance. When did people think that? After todays game!

Doctego
01-16-2011, 11:10 PM
I know you mentioned teams that fizzled early and I look squarely at Dallas. I think after week 4 or 5, when they lost to Minny --- they were completely written off, nobody mentioned Dallas again as a potential SB team. High expectations early but that was it. Romo got injured, then the team fired the coach but they were well done before that. Having said that, i dont recall anyone saying or thinking Chicago would be going the distance. When did people think that? After todays game!

I said over the entire season. Chicago didn't get much over the season until the end, when it was quite apparent that they would at least be a #2 seed.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Fair enough, I agree pretty much everything said mainly the bolded text. Next weeks test for PITT is a bigger challenge so i'll give the steelers full credit if they play a complete game and take down NYJ.

The same can be said for the Jets who have yet to face as complete and dominating a defense as Pitt (in the playoffs). Indy D? Meh. Pats D? Ehh...

It should be a great game and both of these two teams deserve to be there.

dw13
01-17-2011, 01:15 AM
The same can be said for the Jets who have yet to face as complete and dominating a defense as Pitt (in the playoffs). Indy D? Meh. Pats D? Ehh...

It should be a great game and both of these two teams deserve to be there.

Cheers, Bonger. It's going to be a fun one. The game a few weeks ago is right out the window. If anything proves that, it was the Jets game today. It's going to be a dandy and a fun one.

Something else... compare Rex's presser to BB's presser guys. I know Rex runs his mouth alot (too much?) but at the end of the day he always win or lose pays respect to the other team, especially the Pats. BB didn't even give the Jets credit, he just talked about his own team.

Kyle
01-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Cheers, Bonger. It's going to be a fun one. The game a few weeks ago is right out the window. If anything proves that, it was the Jets game today. It's going to be a dandy and a fun one.

Something else... compare Rex's presser to BB's presser guys. I know Rex runs his mouth alot (too much?) but at the end of the day he always win or lose pays respect to the other team, especially the Pats. BB didn't even give the Jets credit, he just talked about his own team.

You can't compare them so directly. BB has earned his right to maybe pay a little less respect than the average coach should after a loss. Hes earned the pride to be too sore to acknowledge if it hes not directly asked. Ryan knows for a fact he hasn't, he knows he has to mention that he thinks BB is the best coach in history, and all the other praise hes thrown at the Pats. He knows his outrageously cocky antics would not fly even by his own players and fans if he didn't pay the respect the Patriots.

Rex Ryan isn't any more classy than BB. He isn't any more respectful. He simply recognizes his place in the league.

BB was just fine in his presser.

Doctego
01-17-2011, 08:12 AM
You can't compare them so directly. BB has earned his right to maybe pay a little less respect than the average coach should after a loss. Hes earned the pride to be too sore to acknowledge if it hes not directly asked. Ryan knows for a fact he hasn't, he knows he has to mention that he thinks BB is the best coach in history, and all the other praise hes thrown at the Pats. He knows his outrageously cocky antics would not fly even by his own players and fans if he didn't pay the respect the Patriots.

Rex Ryan isn't any more classy than BB. He isn't any more respectful. He simply recognizes his place in the league.

BB was just fine in his presser.

I don't think that it is about earning the right. I disagree with dawinna on BB's statements but I don't think that earning anything in this league allows you to be a douche at the podium. Again, I disagree that BB did anything wrong. He did what he always does. He offered bland statements and said that his team didn't make plays, etc. and the other team did.

As for Rex, I agree that Rex had to praise the Pats again. He was on BB's nuts all week. He would look like a complete jackass if he just said "suck it".

dw13
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
BB has the same feeling that 99% of the Pats fan base shares. It was more them then it was the Jets. That's where my problem is. It's whatever.

two24four
01-18-2011, 01:59 AM
I really dont care who wins the SB now that the Pats are out, but seeing as I picked Green Bay to win it before the season started, it would be nice to have picked the winner from the start.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-20-2011, 02:42 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs265.snc6/179342_147838868604570_100001353736755_239058_5212 107_n.jpg

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-20-2011, 04:34 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d81dcbd71/Sound-FX-Ravens-vs-Steelers

Sound FX Ravens/Steelers. As a fan it's pretty dope to see a little bit of the inside locker room talk after the victory against the Ravens. Sound FX is bad ass. They got clips from all the divisional match ups on NFL.com right now.

Tomlin is such a grounded and intense coach. What a great job the Rooney's did choosing this guy. As much of a douche as Big Ben has been off the field, the guy is a true fucking warrior and leader on it. Great couple of motivational sound bits by Roethlisberger, one when the team was down 21-7 and one post game in the locker room.

Ahhhh... I can't freaking wait for Sunday to roll around!

canuckthug
01-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Weather could play a factor tomorrow. Not just possible snow and wind conditions but actual temps... I checked the weather forecast and its going to be cold in Pitts and CHI tomorrow . (cold according to American standards anyway)

IMO, could go either way, I got:
GBay vs Pitts in the big game.

b_illin
01-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I want to say GB/PIT Superbowl but I have a feeling CHi wins tomorrow.

dw13
01-22-2011, 03:20 PM
The Big Rapist lost his voice at practice!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-22-2011, 04:20 PM
The Big Rapist lost his voice at practice!

He's going to rape the Jets secondary tomorrow and leave plenty of evidence.

Myron Copes birthday is tomorrow, fyi, the Terrible Towels will be out in full force. Fans are gonna be NUTS at Heinz, better believe that.

dw13
01-22-2011, 07:48 PM

Well played. :lol:

b_illin
01-22-2011, 08:27 PM

Myron Copes birthday is tomorrow, fyi, the Terrible Towels will be out in full force. Fans are gonna be NUTS at Heinz, better believe that.

:headbang::boink::headbang:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-23-2011, 03:13 AM
Championship Sunday! We meet again :heart:

Good luck Jets/Pack/Bears fans. Enjoy it while you can cause the Steelers are taking it all! :D

dw13
01-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Some football finally! It's been a long week but it's here! GL Bonger! (and if there are Bears/Pack fans on here, you too)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Wow no Cutler in the 2nd half. Gotta feel for him. Brian Urlacher has been a monster out there today. That int would have been a pick 6 if not for Rodgers.

dw13
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Can Cutler be a bigger bitch? If he's standing on the sidelines, he HAS to be in this game.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
wow who the fuck is kaleb hanie (sp) lol

Can't believe this is a 7 point game

dw13
01-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Ballsy try by Hanie. Cutler is a pansy. GB to the bowl.

two24four
01-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Let's see how bad Cutler was hurt before saying anything.

canuckthug
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
no love for the big freezer!:lol: nice pick 6 and better celebration. GBay was shutdown as Chicago did a good job on Rodgers in the 2nd half but the better team won.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Class is in session!!!!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Did I just hear a jet crash ?

dw13
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Really didn't believe in the talk about the Patriots hang over going into this. But it's clear. This team was just not ready to play.

Props to the Steelers for coming out so well. Physically punishing our defense.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Lotta time left to turn it around but Sanchez and the Jets offense has really got to get something going... not to mention the way Mendenhall and company are running the ball right now on Jets D.

Wow. Just wow.

I always expect big things from my boys but even I am impressed with the way they have come out here today. That was one hell of a half of Pittsburgh Steelers smash mouth football - on all sides of the ball.

No mercy. No let down -- Keep it up boys. 2 more quarters and your ticket is punched!!

canuckthug
01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
24-3, ouch. Mendenhall is tearing it up. Its a 4 quarter game but that last turnover was obviously crucial and questionable. I dont think his arm went forward but it was super close. Still, the Jets didnt do fuck all till the last drive of the half and barely walked away with 3.

dw13
01-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Congrats Steelers and Bonger. I'm proud of my boys for fighting back but eventually it was too big of a hill to climb. Rooting for you guys to go win another win, and rooting for Pouncey to be healthy for it. Props again, hell of a team.

Doctego
01-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Green Bay is a 2.5 point favorite at the moment. Thoughts??

dw13
01-24-2011, 01:23 AM

This GB will use their wide open, spread offensive system to score points. They could be successful. I'm not taking anyone over the Steelers are this point. Although I was hardly impressed by Bruce Arians play calling in the second half. They'll need to sort that out.

Should be a dandy of a game though. First time in awhile I'm actually looking forward to it. Mostly out of my new found respect for the Steelers.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-24-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm way too drunkk to proce ss all of this but I think I jus booked a flight home to Pittsburgh for the SB during a weekend I am sccheduled to work. Ooopss. :lol: I'd rather be home with my black gold family than in TX seeing as I doubt I can afford S B tickets right now. I wanna be arryound for the potential victory parade anywys!

Great job by the Jets and DirttyyySanchez in the second half. They made great half time adjustments and Pitt... did not. Bastrds made this game a lot closer than it could have been and props to that. 5 point win fof r the steelers just like the jets 5point win in the regular season. crazy we had another safety in this game too, wth?

Told you Miller would be HUGE@! That guy is $

Great team over there you guys Sanchez is tough I dont fcare what ppl say. that team has been headed in the right direction ever since that fat fuck Ryan got there. Props to you all for a well played season and a valiant effort in the champisonshp game. You def. deserved to be in the AFCChampionship wit h us. Would have loved to have given it to NE in their house but it is what it is so thnk you for wiping that stupid fucking smirk off of bitc brady's face.

Stairway to seven baby. Bback to the big dance so soon! how spoiled are we ???

Bring on the Pack! :beer:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-24-2011, 02:58 AM

Zero SB winners on that team.

Just sayin...

Doctego
01-24-2011, 08:25 AM
I'll be rooting for the Steelers but they better figure out what to do with that O-line. They are playing guys off the street. Sucked to see Pouncey go down.

Spartan
01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Wow, Aaron Rodgers winning the Superbowl would be a nice cherry on top of Brett Favre's season.

moans
01-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Ballsy try by Hanie. Cutler is a pansy. GB to the bowl.
Apparently he has a torn MCL. He would certainly have hurt the team had he stayed in.
http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=350871

dw13
01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Seen people gut it out with worse. Rivers instantly springs to mind with a torn ACL. If he's standing on the sideline walking back in forth, I have to question his toughness. Just have to, even if I'm wrong.

Snipes16
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Seen people gut it out with worse. Rivers instantly springs to mind with a torn ACL. If he's standing on the sideline walking back in forth, I have to question his toughness. Just have to, even if I'm wrong.

Even after this diagnosis you cant admit how wrong you were calling him a pussy?

If the guy cant plant his leg then he is useless.....end of story.:zzz:

two24four
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Even after this diagnosis you cant admit how wrong you were calling him a pussy?

If the guy cant plant his leg then he is useless.....end of story.:zzz:

Agreed 100%.

Well I picked Green Bay in the prediction thread to win the SB before the season started, no reason to change that now I guess.

dw13
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
No I was definitely wrong. I still don't think it's acceptable how he handled himself on the sidelines. I'm definitely not going to say he 100% couldn't of played. Brady was on a broken foot, Ben was on a broke foot, Rivers on a torn ACL.

He was more hurt then I thought so that instantly makes me wrong but my perception of Jay Cutler hasn't changed a bit.

dw13
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
So a sprained MCL is the same as a torn MCL, right? Either way. Cmon guys. You really think it hurt THAT bad?

b_illin
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/927203--bears-jay-cutler-committed-sin-of-looking-like-a-quitter

Here’s the first rule of controlling public perception after you’ve been pulled out of a playoff game: Do not wrap yourself up in a blankie, put on a slouchy toque that makes you look like Miserable Smurf and then pout on the bench.
Because that’s the sum total of what Jay Cutler did wrong after leaving the NFC Championship Game with a knee injury. He looked like a quitter.
He didn’t busy himself on a trainer’s table, or speculatively touch his knee and wince, or limp around trying to fire up his teammates. He looked done, and didn’t bother with any sideline theatrics for the TV cameras.
“It’s a lonely feeling,” Cutler said afterward. It’s a curious choice of words and a good indicator that the Chicago quarterback already knew how grave a sin he’d committed in the eyes of the fraternity. He’d refused to hurt himself, even though doing so was probably counter-productive.
In the Twitter age, the reactions from contemporaries were mean-spirited and unusually forthright.
“If I’m Chicago team Jay Cutler has to wait till me and the team shower and get dressed and leave before he comes into the locker room,” wrote Arizona Cardinals lineman Darnell Dockett.
“Hey I think the (oft-resigned college coach) Urban Meyer rule is in effect right now … when the going gets tough … QUIT,” wrote Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew.
“I've hurt my knee playing football four times. Never once did I then stand up on sidelines afterwards,” wrote former lineman and ESPN analyst Ross Tucker.
And you thought football players were skipping class in college. Correction – they were all doing secret internships in orthopedics.
Mike Ditka, Chicago’s ur-homo sapien, said he would “have to have been paralyzed” to come out of a game. Suddenly, Ditka’s glassy eyed style of TV analysis makes sense.
On his best days, Cutler gives the slump-shouldered impression of the most miserable son of a bitch playing professional sport on the entire planet.
He’s routinely caricatured as the NFL’s misanthrope. What the public likes to think of as an ‘oddball’ translates as a ‘pariah’ in most pro locker rooms - unless he is also a superstar. Jay Cutler is not a superstar.
In the culture of football (and, to nearly the same extent, in hockey), pain endurance is the defining characteristic of greatness.
That culture always existed inside sport. But as television and economics makes fans steadily more distant from the players, that same expectation of heedless ferocity has begun to infect viewers.
These aren’t really people to many of us any more. They’re fantasy league widgets. They’re billboards. They’re the raw material of our daydreams.
This is what the Sidney Crosbys of the world don’t get – that hero worship and human compassion are not the same thing. The kid who wears a Crosby jersey on the pond still expects his idol to get up and keep skating after nearly having his skull separated from his spine.
Despite all the hand-wringing, fans don’t hate head shots or slew-footing or late hits. Fans resent the fact that you are up there earning so much love and money, and won’t keep going for their sake. This is why no pre-game montage can be scripted without liberal use of the word “sacrifice.”
Because isn’t that a fair trade? Millions of dollars and acres of adoration for a few rickety years on crutches and an OxyContin prescription. The average athlete thinks so. And now, so does the average fan.
The Bears’ coaches and doctors made a sensible decision on Sunday – that a quarterback who cannot decisively plant on his back foot isn’t much of a quarterback at all. Cutler was well aware of what was going to happen to his reputation as a result. Maybe that’s why he looked so forlorn.
The cruel reality is that Jay Cutler is now a punchline and a cautionary tale. He will be until he wins again. Because winners, by definition, never quit.

Doctego
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
So a sprained MCL is the same as a torn MCL, right? Either way. Cmon guys. You really think it hurt THAT bad?

Not for me to say but I'm definitely not questioning his toughness playing behind that O-line all season. There are a lot of variables among the injuries that you listed.

Snipes16
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM

Please dont change the subject to Ladanian circa 2008 AFC Championship

dw13
01-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Please dont change the subject to Ladanian circa 2008 AFC Championship

:lol: :beer:

two24four
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Now word comes out that Brees played about 6 weeks with a sprained MCL, playoff game vs Seattle was one of those games.

dw13
01-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Now word comes out that Brees played about 6 weeks with a sprained MCL, playoff game vs Seattle was one of those games.

Bada-bing-bada-boom!

Happens all the time.

two24four
01-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Bada-bing-bada-boom!

Happens all the time.

What do you work at East Side Mario's or something? :D

boredguy
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
People have different amounts of pain tolerance, i have no problem with Cutler sitting it out

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I see both sides of it, honestly. Makes you respect a guy like Big Ben that much more. No way he missed that game. He certainly would not have been bundled up and standing around on the sidelines pouting b/c his knee was messed up. He would have had to of been carried out there on a stretcher or he would be in the game taking snaps on one fucking leg.

On the other hand -- that is part of what makes him so special and as mentioned, everyone handles pain and injury and pain differently. Whatever. I'm just glad Cutler isn't a Pittsburgh Steeler and never will be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Pouncey in a cast. Bummer. High ankle sprain. Line mates doubtful he will make it. I feel bad for Pounce he has had one hell of a rookie season.

One of the worst O-lines in the NFL over the last few season yet 2 SB championships in that time. Maybe I should be more worried than I am ?

Not to mention the fact that this team was without their starting QB 4 games at the start of the season but still managed to go 3-1 through it. Don't hear much about that now. Just saying.

"Who's laughing now O-line?? Who's laughing now?"

Trust in Legursky.

I do.

two24four
01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
5,082 members of the media are in Dallas for the Super Bowl, most ever for the SB, that's crazy.

canuckthug
01-31-2011, 10:02 PM
^
yeah lots of hype but can the SB get any bigger with 2 storied franchises, and a spectacle of 106, 000 people... Probably gonna be more terrible towels then cheeseheads but hopefully not by much...

Doctego
01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Nothing will surprise me about this game and the coverage. These 2 teams travel better than just about any other teams in the league.

Spartan
02-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Good news for Steelers fans. Big Ben will have extra motivation for Sunday.

http://newswire.xbiz.com/view.php?id=130176

dw13
02-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Good news for Steelers fans. Big Ben will have extra motivation for Sunday.

http://newswire.xbiz.com/view.php?id=130176

:lol::lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Fuck man, eve of the SB with the Steelers playing in it. This shit never gets old!!!

rico3994
02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Everyone else wearing their Steelers boxers?! :D

canuckthug
02-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Thought the Pittsburgh/Rothlisberger turnovers would have played a bigger factor but it still came down to the wire..
Good ending to superbowl 45..

Congrats to the Green Bay Packers and their fans!

Kyle
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Good deal. Go packers!!

Let the LOLs in my direction ensue but once again, :lol::lol::lol::lol:@ anyone too naive to realize Rodgers is a non-debatable hall of famer over a healthy career.

Superbowl MVP and his recievers could've made him look even WAY better if they had brought their A-game and didn't drop easy ones. Rodgers is beyond beast and his career projections should be staggering. Welcome to that Brees/Brady/Manning/Rivers category Rodgers, you earned it.

boredguy
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Thought the Pittsburgh/Rothlisberger turnovers would have played a bigger factor but it still came down to the wire..
Good ending to superbowl 45..

Congrats to the Green Bay Packers and their fans!

The Packers won because of the turnovers so i'd say that's pretty damn huge factor in the game.

canuckthug
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
The Packers won because of the turnovers so i'd say that's pretty damn huge factor in the game.

I shouldnt have said "bigger factor," because yes the turnovers cost them but it was still a one possession game right to the end...

King_Killah
02-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Congrats to the Pack. Does this officially put Favre to rest in Green Bay now that Rodgers won a Bowl?

FlyGuy78
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Congrats to the Pack. Does this officially put Favre to rest in Green Bay now that Rodgers won a Bowl?

Yup! :D

two24four
02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Sunday's Super Bowl was the most watched SB ever in Canada, 7.3 million people watched.

ih8music
02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
... and 111 million US viewers; most watched program in US history (2nd year in a row that the SB broke the record).

Snipes16
02-08-2011, 06:07 PM
This years blowout Pro Bowl had more viewers than game 3 of the World Series..

Getting back to Rodgers though, many of those throws the other night looked like he was casually tossing darts. The TD pass to Jennings who got popped by Polamalu was in such a small window that it was impossible to defend. Brady just finished one of the greatest seasons from a QB 34/4 but after seeing how Rodgers played down the stretch I'm not at all convinced that Rodgers isn't every bit as good even if 24 tells me otherwise.

Heard Phil Simms compare Rodgers to Elway but even Elway put everything he had into his throws with a ton of tourqe all the time throwing from his heels. Rodgers looks like he's playing with a nerf ball and throws with very little effort, freakish really but what a cannon.

Nothing bad to say about Pittsburgh in defeat because they let it all hang out but as I'm watching how that game unfolded with GB's DB's dropping like flies and Sanders going down I couldn't help but think how bad of a move it was to deal Santonio for what turns out to be a late 4th rounder when he was in the final year of his contract. Was he really that much of a cancer that they couldn't have cut bait after this year with him? They got away with dealing him for basically nothing all year but you cant tell me he wasn't missed in that 2nd half while they were chasing....hypothetical yes but a terrible move by management nonetheless.

Anybody check on Bonger? Losing Geno and this SB loss is a double whammy for the poor girl. She thought she was going to a party and ended up in a dentist's chair for a root canal...sorry, B.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Haven't been able to get online last couple of days. Props to the Pack for capitalizing on Pitt mistakes and winning SB 45. Pitt came out flat but at least they made a game of it. The Mendenhall fumble was a game changing (so to speak). And I can't believe Ben threw two stinkers on the potential game winning TD drive with 2 mins to go. Why on earth wouldn't you go for Ward or Miller in that spot?

Not much else to say atm. The Halftime Show was fqn horrible and as bummed as it is to see your team lose on the big stage, I'm pretty happy for Rodgers and the Pack. That guy is one heck of a QB. Cheers!

two24four
02-08-2011, 06:13 PM
This years blowout Pro Bowl had more viewers than game 3 of the World Series..

Getting back to Rodgers though, many of those throws the other night looked like he was casually tossing darts. The TD pass to Jennings who got popped by Polamalu was in such a small window that it was impossible to defend. Brady just finished one of the greatest seasons from a QB 34/4 but after seeing how Rodgers played down the stretch I'm not at all convinced that Rodgers isn't every bit as good even if 24 tells me otherwise.

Why Iam in this, because I'm a Pats fan? I have never said anything about Rodgers vs Brady. I like Rodgers alot.

Wont hear me say a bad thing about Rodgers.

Snipes16
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
My apologies 24 for lumping you into the majority of Pats fans that would never admit to Rodgers being Brady's equal, ever.

I dont think Green Bay was head and shoulders better than any other legit contender with all of the injuries they had but they were probably the deepest team in the tourney. Think how good they would have been with just a healthy Jermichael or how good they could be next year. The concussion thing with Rodgers has to be their biggest concern but Ted Thompson has done a nice job especially through the draft...Matthews and Raji in the 1st rd in 09 comes to mind right away.

two24four
02-08-2011, 10:07 PM
It's all good.

I picked Rodgers to win the MVP before the season started, as well as GB to win the SB :D

GB was one of, if not the youngest team in the league this season, then add in Grant, Jermichael etc....they have a real good shot at going back to back.

Kyle
02-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Snipes, no offense, but you ARE kind of being a bit of a looney for saying Rodgers is as good as Brady, and thats comming from the guy who OTHERS call a fool for saying Rodgers is a guarenteed Hall of Famer (if healthy).

Seriously. Theres Hall of Famers then theres Tom Brady. Very realistically could end his career as THE best QB in NFL history. And he is playing at his fucking prime. He was a far, FAR , monumentally, staggeringly superior QB than Aaron Rodgers this year. You said it but it stands to be repeated. 34/4? Shattering your own record-shattering TD/INT ratio you set just 3 seasons prior (2 seasons actually played)?? All 50 votes? :rolleyes:

Rodgers had a fantastic season. An incredible playoff run. But to lump him in the same sentence as Brady and Manning yet is incredibly stupid. His POTENTIAL is to become as good as those two, no doubt, but hes not there yet. Absolutely nobody with a head on their shoulders picks Rodgers before Brady or Manning for a 1 year deal right now.