PDA

View Full Version : Whitesnake - New Stuff

King_Killah
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Here we go again...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news10/1222whi.jpg Hard rock legends Whitesnake have announced that 'Forevermore' will be the title of the band's upcoming album -- due for release in March 2011 through Frontiers Records.

In regards to the album's title Whitesnake vocalist David Coverdale sates, "it's ONE word... 'Forevermore'. I can't wait til you hear the song. Don't forget, tis ONE word... otherwise it sounds like a bleedin' Valentines Day card... which it ain't!"

In late August Whitesnake announced the addition of bassist Michael Devin, who had been playing with Lynch Mob with new Whitesnake drummer Brian Tichy. This completes the new Whitesnake line-up and Michael will be featured on their new album, alongside guitarists Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach, and keyboardist Timothy Drury.

"As always, we want to take it to the next level," states Coverdale. "I feel that with the last album we achieved a strong Whitesnake 'cocktail' that comfortably embraced & mixed all the previous musical aspects & styles of the band's history, while taking our identity a little further... all on one album..."

Born in 1977, Whitesnake have been among the most influential representatives of the their genre, having produced numerous rock music classics such as 'Here I Go Again', 'Is This Love', 'Still Of The Night', 'Fool For Your Loving', 'Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City' or 'Walking In The Shadows Of The Blues'.

Coverdale said the production team for the new album will most likely be the infamous Brutal Brothers, or Los Bros Brutalos, who handled the recording of "Good To Be Bad". "The new songs are in the very familiar and recognizable Whitesnake territory of soulful, bluesy, melodic power rock, with a couple of ballads thrown in for good measure... It can't be a Whitesnake album without ballads, mate!"

abusiveninja
01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
One of the greatest rock voices ever. Love it.

Doctego
01-02-2011, 11:04 PM
From Slide it In and before, they are still 1 of my favorite bands of all time.

King_Killah
01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
From Slide it In and before, they are still 1 of my favorite bands of all time.

Oh come on... You know you like that '87 self-titled with Here I Go Again... The other songs on that album are actually better than the singles/videos!

Doctego
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh come on... You know you like that '87 self-titled with Here I Go Again... The other songs on that album are actually better than the singles/videos!

The only thing that I liked about the later shit was seeing Tawny Kittaen rolling around on that car. I hated Here I Go Again (the remix) mainly for 2 reasons. The first being that I had just started getting into the original (from Saints & Sinners), which had some killer church organ shit going on. The second is because they remade the remix into a pop version, pretty much right away. Actually, the only other thing that I liked about the later Whitesnake shit was Adrian Vandenberg being in the band. I was a fan of his band from before. Nice sound.

abusiveninja
01-04-2011, 12:40 AM
The first being that I had just started getting into the original (from Saints & Sinners), which had some killer church organ shit going on.

The opening organs on the original version make it so much better. How badly did Coverdale want to be Plant? Check out the shimmy around 1:30.

The opening guitar at 1:05 makes it better, too.

YouTube - Here I Go Again - Whitesnake (original version)

This one has better audio...

YouTube - Whitesnake - Here I Go Again (original 82' version)

Motorcat
01-04-2011, 08:44 AM
"Still of the Night" was the best of the videos and its the one that hardly ever gets any play.

Doctego
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Definitely, ninja. A lot of people just think that they are a short lived metal band but that's just not true. Here I go Again and Crying in the Rain are quite solid in their original versions. The remixes?? Not so much to me.

I was always a fan of the Deep Purple-Rainbow clusterfuck. Few people realize that Coverdale was fronting Deep Purple in the early 70's. He was the shit.

King_Killah
01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Definitely, ninja. A lot of people just think that they are a short lived metal band but that's just not true. Here I go Again and Crying in the Rain are quite solid in their original versions. The remixes?? Not so much to me.

I was always a fan of the Deep Purple-Rainbow clusterfuck. Few people realize that Coverdale was fronting Deep Purple in the early 70's. He was the shit.

Same as the Scorpions. Both have been around forever!

Doctego
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Same as the Scorpions. Both have been around forever!

I was supposed to see them with Kingdom Come in the late 80's but the singer for KC was sick so they canceled the show. We didn't know until we got to NYC.:rolleyes:

There are worse things that can happen than having a night to kill in the city but it would have been nice to know.

abusiveninja
01-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I was supposed to see them with Kingdom Come in the late 80's but the singer for KC was sick so they canceled the show. We didn't know until we got to NYC.:rolleyes:

There are worse things that can happen than having a night to kill in the city but it would have been nice to know.

aaaaaggggg you grew up in the fucking heyday. So jealous!

Saw Cinderella recently. One of the greatest. So under-appreciated by the commoners.

King_Killah
01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
aaaaaggggg you grew up in the fucking heyday. So jealous!

Saw Cinderella recently. One of the greatest. So under-appreciated by the commoners.

I saw Cinderella three or four times over the last year or two... Definitely under-appreciated... But I have to say, the crowd was much greater than I anticipated! They are a solid band.

I remember that Whitesnake/Kingdom Come tour. They played Philly two nights. Talking about someone wanting to be Robert Plant. They singer of Kingdom Come is almost dead on, vocally at least.

King_Killah
04-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Whitesnake cracks the top 50... Although not to tough to do in today's music environment, it does say something though for lack of support in the media.

Whitesnake's brand new album 'Forevermore' released worldwide on Frontiers Records, has made its worldwide debut bowing in the Top 50 of multiple countries' album charts. In the United States, 'Forevermore' comes in at #48 on the Billboard Top 200 Current Album chart and arrives even higher in numerous European countries. 'Forevermore' charts at #6 in Sweden, #11 in Finland, #15 in the Czech Republic, #16 in Germany, #17 in Switzerland, #27 in Austria, #41 in Italy and #42 in both The Netherlands and Poland, respectively.

'Forevermore' finds founder/singer/songwriter David Coverdale and company returning to their no-holds-barred, bluesiest, sexiest rock n' roll roots and is the band's 11th studio album. FOREVERMORE was recorded, produced and mixed by Los Bros Brutalos (Coverdale, Doug Aldrich and Michael McIntyre). Whitesnake is David Coverdale (vocals), Doug Aldrich (guitars), Reb Beach (guitars), Michael Devin (bass) and Briian Tichy (drums).

Formed in 1977, and steered by the legendary David Coverdale, Whitesnake carry a rightful reputation as one of the world's leading rock n' roll bands. Coverdale's blues roots, combined with a feral sense of rockin' and rollin', have consistently shaped the 'Snake's sound along with Coverdale's love and appreciation of impeccable musicianship. Whitesnake's ascent to the very top of the rock n' roll heap was confirmed with 1987's self-titled mega-platinum album, which saw two massive Top 10 hits, two #1 singles with "Here I Go Again" and "Is This Love" and a virtual 24-hour domination of MTV around the world.