PDA

View Full Version : Darryl Sutter steps down as Flames GM

Gambit
12-28-2010, 03:13 PM
By now this is probably everywhere but didn't see it posted here...

The Darryl Sutter era in Calgary has officially ended. It was announced today he stepped down from both his roles as VP and GM today. Jay Feaster, who was hired as asst. GM in July, is the "acting" GM until the season is over.

secol
12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
thank god

pjm
12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
thank god
Took the words out of my mouth.

two24four
12-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Ken King asked Sutter to step down from the sounds of it.

Hamsterkill
12-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Hey, Olli Jokinen is actually giving his money's worth right now...

Chilly_Willy
12-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I think its a good idea for that team to go in a new direction.

pjm
02-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Debatable whether or not this was the change that sparked the team but damn, Flames sure have been playing some solid hockey recently. 3rd best record in the league since the holidays, second only to Vancouver and Anaheim. Make the playoffs or not, i'm so impressed with this team pulling together like they have. They look like they're having legitimate fun out there these days.

Those critical of Iggy at the start of the season, calling for a trade and stuff, sure have been quiet lately.

Getting crowded in that western playoff picture!

Chilly_Willy
02-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Tangauy and Jokinen seems back for the most part when they can stay healthy it has been a huge boost.

canuckthug
02-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Debatable whether or not this was the change that sparked the team but damn, Flames sure have been playing some solid hockey recently. 3rd best record in the league since the holidays, second only to Vancouver and Anaheim. Make the playoffs or not, i'm so impressed with this team pulling together like they have. They look like they're having legitimate fun out there these days.

Those critical of Iggy at the start of the season, calling for a trade and stuff, sure have been quiet lately.

Getting crowded in that western playoff picture!

Darryl Sutter getting canned (he did not step down, he was "asked" to step down) was a huge catalyst for this turn around. i thought a full Sutter cleaning was in order but evidently it was not Brent who needed the axe. Brent just looks so fuckin grumpy all the time, i thought maybe his players were unhappy playing for him..and tuned him out.