PDA

View Full Version : Trading away Ovechkin

alias
12-23-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm in a limited dynasty where we assign contracts to players. Ovechkin is in the 3rd year of a 4 year deal and while I won the championship last year this year has been pretty bad for me. A lot of players have started out slow (AO, Kane, Cammalleri, Kaberle, Rask) and the only guys I've been really happy with are Crosby, Boyle & Price but I'm still out of a playoff spot right now and it's not looking any better for at least the next month since I've been dealt quite a few injuries. I traded for Markov just before the season began & traded for Pronger & Dats right before they got hurt. So I'm starting to think this year is a bit of a write off. I think I need to spread out my talent, not be so dependent on a few superstars, so I've offered Ovechkin up for sale figuring I'm not desperate to sell him since I have another year on his contract so I can afford to wait for the right deal to come along.

My question is what's the right deal for my team? I've stated I basically want no less than your best player, at least one more player + a 1st round prospect pick. Before this year I would have targetted Kovalchuk, since he was probably the next best goal scoring winger but now I'm not so sure I want him. Do I accept a top tier center like Backstrom or Stamkos or should I only accept a top tier winger in return? And which wingers are worth it for the next 4 years?

Team is here:

10 Team Dynasty League H2H [3-C, 3-L, 3-R, 3-F, 6-D, 2-G, 3-Bench, 3-IR]
9- G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH% 5- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
C - Crosby(2/4), Datsyuk, Berglund
LW - Oveckin(3/4), A. Kostitsyn(1/2), Hall(P)
RW - Kane(2/4), Voracek (1/3), Horton(1/3)
F - Cammalleri(1/4), Morrow(1/3), Stepan
D -Boyle(3/4), Kaberle(1/2), Pronger, Stuart, Hamrlik, Carkner
G - Rask(P), Price (P), Neuvirth(P)
BN - Skinner(P), Knuble
IR - Mueller(1/3), Oshie(P), Markov(1/4)
Farm: Brassard, B. Schenn, Kabanov, Tarasenko, Fowler, Campbell, Lindback, Markstrom
Draft, Trade, FA

Raja
12-23-2010, 10:42 PM
You get to pick their contracts, so they get to pick Ovechkins? Post the guy with Malkin's team. Perry would be another I'd target for sure, and Kovalchuk+a producing stud if you can buy low on him.

jd1655
12-23-2010, 11:27 PM
was thinking the same as Raja on the Kovalcuk idea

King_Killah
12-24-2010, 10:04 AM
I might look at Kovalchuk + another + the pick. Or Stamkos, but not sure if the Stamkos owner will do it.

I have to ask how you ended up with Ovechkin AND Crosby.

As far as contracts go... After the contract is up, what happens... Player enters free agency then teams all make bids?? I am in a few dynasties and we use "contract years" and "money" and in one, we use both, so I just wanted to see what the set up is and basically asking if the team getting Ovechkin will have him for one year than be forced to "re-sign" him or potentially give him up?

alias
12-24-2010, 02:43 PM
I might look at Kovalchuk + another + the pick. Or Stamkos, but not sure if the Stamkos owner will do it.

I have to ask how you ended up with Ovechkin AND Crosby.

As far as contracts go... After the contract is up, what happens... Player enters free agency then teams all make bids?? I am in a few dynasties and we use "contract years" and "money" and in one, we use both, so I just wanted to see what the set up is and basically asking if the team getting Ovechkin will have him for one year than be forced to "re-sign" him or potentially give him up?

Drafted Ovechkin, traded for Crosby a couple years ago. I gave up Savard after his 88 point season, Pominville & Weber when he had that 53 point season. When you acquire a player via draft or a trade the following season you sign him to a new contract up to a max of 4 years. If a players contract expires he goes into the draft pool. So the guy getting AO can keep him for a max of 4 years.

You get to pick their contracts, so they get to pick Ovechkins? Post the guy with Malkin's team. Perry would be another I'd target for sure, and Kovalchuk+a producing stud if you can buy low on him.

Malkin owner:
C - Malkin, Duchene, Roy, Plekanec, Krejci, Burmistrov, Grabovski
LW - Lucic, Whitney, Avery, Sharp
RW - Semin, Cleary, Jones
D - Foster, Seabrook, Carlson, Yandle, Corvo, Karlsson
G - Anderson, Backstrom, Hiller

Kovalchuk/Stamkos owner:
C - Backstrom, Stamkos, Steen, Filppula, Umberger
LW - Kovalchuk, Jokinen, Sullivan, Wolski, Perron(IR)
RW - Backes, Boyes, Stafford, Gaborik, Miettinen, Hemsky(IR)
D - Edler, Jovanovski, Doughty, Montador, Hedman, Carle
G - Halak, Bobrovski, Gustavsson

Perry owner:
C - Kesler, B Richards, H Sedin, Stastny
LW - Fleishman, Laich, Penner, Ladd, Leino, Parise(IR)
RW - Perry, Eriksson, Carter, Kessel, Giroux
D - EJ, Keith, Enstrom, Ehrhoff, Robidas, Phaneuf
G - Miller, Lundy, Ellis, Bryz(IR)

jokah03
12-24-2010, 05:08 PM
If this year is a write off maybe a Perry + Parise + 1st rounder?

habsfan1
12-24-2010, 05:16 PM

I like that or you can try for:

Stamkos/Kovy/1st round or Malkin/Semin/1st round.

Any of those deals I like for Ovy.

But either one you will have to give up a little more than Ovy, I think. Maybe Ovechkin, Cammalleri

Buckethead
12-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Malkin/Semin should be more than enough for Ovy.

Chunk
12-25-2010, 05:51 AM

But either one you will have to give up a little more than Ovy, I think. Maybe Ovechkin, Cammalleri

are any of these guys in the final year of their contract? that might help as their owners likely want to get something in return for them this year.

alias
12-25-2010, 08:08 AM
are any of these guys in the final year of their contract? that might help as their owners likely want to get something in return for them this year.

Stamkos is in year 2 of 4 as is my Crosby. I'm planning on proposing a Crosby/Stamkos trade when they're in the final year of their deals. None of the studs are in their final years. We're in the 3rd year of the league being in operation so none of the original 4 year contracts have expired. And because of the expiring contract rule this league sees a lot of trades. At one point this year there were 6 trades pending at the same time.

alias
12-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Talking to the owners I think I can pull off one of these deals:

Perry, Parise & 1st round prospect pick
for AO & Knuble (I may have to bump Knuble up to someone a little more interesting)

OR

Malkin, Semin, 1st round prospect pick
for
AO & Cammaleri

Which one should I go with?

Raja
12-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Malkin!

alias
12-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm currently trying to get the Malkin owner to accept AO & Horton instead of AO & Camms....if you look at the cats AO/Horton are pretty well tied with Malkin/Semin (3-3-3) and this is with AO underachieving

Raja
12-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Malkin is under achieving too, so I don't really consider that a valid point haha. I don't think Cammalleri/Horton is much of a difference other than position.

alias
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Malkin owner is not sure now that Malkin is scoring....I do have an offer from the Perry owner though....

Perry, Parise & 1st round prospect
for
AO & Horton

I originally offered him AO & Morrow for that package and he came back to me with this.....thoughts?

Raja
12-29-2010, 12:29 PM
The Malkin owner will be sure once AO starts scoring, wait if you have to.

jeffoule
12-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Malkin owner is not sure now that Malkin is scoring....I do have an offer from the Perry owner though....

Perry, Parise & 1st round prospect
for
AO & Horton

I originally offered him AO & Morrow for that package and he came back to me with this.....thoughts?

I would wait... you dont have to sell AO right now, not even this year. Wait until AO goes crazy again and then accept nothing less than the last Malkin offer.

Also, Semin is clearly an upgrade over Camms this year, but is UFA at the end of this season. I would be a little concerned, especially if this year is a write off like you said.

alias
12-30-2010, 08:42 PM
okay so i've got the perry/parise deal on the backburner. I have the malkin/semin deal waiting for the other guy to accept, but now I have a 3rd possibility. What do you guys think?

Backstrom(C), Kovalchuk, & 1st round prospect
for
AO & Horton

What are your guys' thoughts on Kovalchuk next year & beyond? Will he be back to his 40-50 goal 90 point self?

Raja
12-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I"d still wait on Malkin. I think Kovalchuk will turn it around but still not worth it.

alias
01-04-2011, 09:28 PM
sorry....nm

alias
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Some patience may have paid off....I have this offer sitting here waiting for me to accept....

Malkin & Semin
for
Ovechkin & Morrow

Initially I wanted his 1st round prospect pick and would give him my 3rd rounder but he countered with this minus the picks. Do I accept?

Raja
01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I would. Even if Ovy catches fire if you don't think you're getting a playoff spot that's very good return for next year.

alias
02-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Well I didn't go with the Malkin/Semin deal, the Malkin owner cancelled the offer while I was thinking about it then dealt Malkin to another team (straight up for St. Louis just before Malkin got hurt). But that was a good thing I think because that team was tryng to acquire players to make me a better offer than he was able to before. After dealing for Malkin, M Richards & M Koivu (knowing I liked those guys) he made me an offer I couldn't refuse and it's now a done deal.

Malkin, M Richards, M Koivu, & Downie
for
AO, Oshie, Stepan, & S Kostitsyn

I think this actually helps him in a championship run this year since Malkin is done for the year, but longterm I win by a good margin. Only problem with my team now is I'm center heavy but they're some damn good centers. Crosby/Malkin/Datsyuk/Richards/Koivu. I think next I'll work on a trade for a stud winger with one of those guys....