PDA

View Full Version : Gagne- done or salvagable?

Lucca Brazzi
12-20-2010, 10:25 PM
I have some weakness on LW with only Clowe, Booth and Gagne. I packaged James Neal to get Hiller (he was great but had to be done). So is Gagne finished as a scoring LW or does he get his touch back? I could make a change...

Notable FA's are:

Jussi Jokinen
A. Frolov
Moulson
S. Sullivan
Tanguay
Ray Whitney

or do I go with a PIM first guy who helps a little everywhere like Prust? I'm doing well in PIMS but he would probably put me over the top in that category.

Thoughts?

Chilly_Willy
12-20-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't see a clear move, hang on and see what happens

bearcats
12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
jussi jokinen if you want to make a move but I would stand pat and see how gagne does now that vinny is back..

Hoo Hoo Howie
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Am I the only person in the world still holding onto Gagne?

toronto1979
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Am I the only person in the world still holding onto Gagne?
I traded Savard for him and am somewhat regretting the move - though I don't think Savard has fared much better (I've tried not to look).

secol
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
i'm holding gagne in one league and savard in the other

gotice604
01-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I still have Gagne too :(
Only reason why he's still on my roster is because of the lack of talent on the FA list.

Hoo Hoo Howie
01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know who Gagne's been playing with lately? Is he still with Vinny?

toronto1979
01-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know who Gagne's been playing with lately? Is he still with Vinny?

http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php

Hoo Hoo Howie
01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php

This is awesome. Thanks! I've never seen this before.

alias
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm hanging onto Savard & Gagne on the same team. Good thing the rest of that team is solid.

toronto1979
01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
This is awesome. Thanks! I've never seen this before.
No problem. So the short answer to your question is, in his most recent game he played

36.51% EV 12 GAGNE,SIMON - 4 LECAVALIER,VINCENT - 6 MALONE,RYAN
22.22% EV 12 GAGNE,SIMON - 4 LECAVALIER,VINCENT - 26 ST. LOUIS,MARTIN

and in his last 10 regular season games its primarily been:

52.47% EV 10 BERGENHEIM,SEAN - 12 GAGNE,SIMON - 4 LECAVALIER,VINCENT

Either way, he's had solid linemates and is still not producing. So that's concerning. If he were playing with crap players the lack of production might be understandable.

Hoo Hoo Howie
01-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Either way, he's had solid linemates and is still not producing. So that's concerning. If he were playing with crap players the lack of production might be understandable.
The other way to look at it is that the coach still has confidence in him and is giving him a chance to succeed (just playing devil's advocate). I really want to drop Gagne for someone like Cooke, Bickel, Prust, Frolik, or Nodl, but I'm envisioning him turning it around as soon as I drop him. Why can't he just get hurt again so I can drop him without worrying ;)

UpstateRanger
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
His -3 broke me back the other night....I dumped him

Chilly_Willy
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
There is nothing like dumping someone like Gagne and then he tears you up in H2H playoffs on someone elses team. But if you are starting to worry about making the playoffs you can't blame the move. I am still hanging on to him.

Lucca Brazzi
01-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I still have him. But Andrew Ladd just hit the waiver wire... should I put in a claim and drop Gagne? I have waiver number 7, so I may not get him but do I give it a shot?

Doctego
01-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Gagne was my favorite Flyer. I have an authentic Gagne jersey that is now collecting dust. I was very upset that they had to trade him for dogshit because of the cap. All that said, he has had exactly 1 season of a PPG or more. Just 1. While I understand why you might be reluctant to drop him, I highly doubt that doing so would come back to bite you in the ass. If there is a decent replacement on the WW, I would easily drop him for someone else.

chadw01
01-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I still have him. But Andrew Ladd just hit the waiver wire... should I put in a claim and drop Gagne? I have waiver number 7, so I may not get him but do I give it a shot?

Yup

iknowkungfu
01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
he's a free agent in our 8 team 23 man roster keeper pool

Chilly_Willy
01-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I would drop Gagne for Ladd at this point unless I was comfortably in a top position and could wait it out. At the beginning of the season I thought Ladd was flavor of the month. Although he has slowed down a little Atlanta is getting on the scoreboard a lot this season.

Just when I think he is done after a little slump he puts in a few more. Ladd was always a highly toughed player and looks like he could be a semi-late bloomer.

Gambit
01-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Gagne is settling into more of a role player with Tampa. His +/- is deceiving hes actually played very well defensively sometimes hes like a 3rd d-man out there on the ice. But hes not going to rack up many points this season. I think all Gagne cares about is winning a Cup right now. Hes sacrificing his personal stats for the betterment of the team.

Chilly_Willy
01-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Nice info thanks for that. Maybe I need to turn in my patience with him and move on. Just hard to let go of somoene with that 60-70 pt potential when there is shite on the FA. I'm probably going to give it till after allstar break but watch FA drops very closely.

Daveblizz
01-09-2011, 12:59 PM
avery peverley over gagne?

Hoo Hoo Howie
01-09-2011, 01:05 PM
avery peverley over gagne?

I would say yes for Peverley, no for Avery.

Daveblizz
01-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I need pims so I will said choose one
Avery
Konopka
Prust

Buckethead
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
I just traded Sergei Kostitsyn for him.

Here's hoping :)

Hoo Hoo Howie
01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
I need pims so I will said choose one
Avery
Konopka
Prust
I'd go with Prust.

hex27
01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Gagne is settling into more of a role player with Tampa. His +/- is deceiving hes actually played very well defensively sometimes hes like a 3rd d-man out there on the ice. But hes not going to rack up many points this season. I think all Gagne cares about is winning a Cup right now. Hes sacrificing his personal stats for the betterment of the team.

sorry that's a load of crap. that's what a player says when he's washed up and can't get it done anymore. when you're on a teams 2nd line with Vinny as your center and you're making 5M a year, you are expected to produce. TB didn't trade for Gagne for him to be a "role" player. he just isn't that good anymore. saying he's sacrificing stats for the betterment of the team is laughable. you want to help the team? score some goals.

Chilly_Willy
02-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Is it safe to say the guy has woken up at this point? Something like 8 points in his last 9 games including his 2 points tonight

madsci
02-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I picked him up before ASG and am cautiously hopeful he'll turn it on in the 2nd half. SO far so good.

Bure96
02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Gagne's been playing much better over the past several games. It looks like he's playing with Lecavalier and Purcell. Gagne was a dominant force against the Flyers last night, so let's hope he keeps it going.