PDA

View Full Version : Good (& not so good) TV thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

ih8music
11-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Anyone catch "Brew Masters" last night on Discovery? I had high hopes for this show, but it turned into basically a 60 minute infomercial for Dogfish Head Brewery and their annoying owner/head brewer (Sam?).

Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't all that great. It actually seemed like a re-hashed episode of American Chopper -- only with beer instead of bikes. DFH was contacted by Sony Music to create a beer to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Miles Davis' album "Bitches Brew" and it was about their process in doing that. It really just came across as a cookie-cutter reality-based drama, with a lot of staged moments and a ton of DFH marketing. And that Sam dude reminded me too much of an obnoxious frat boy.

Anyway... this show probably doesn't deserve its own thread, so we can just have this be a generic place for TV discussion...

b_illin
11-22-2010, 01:33 PM
We are getting the 1st season of Burn Notice up here...apparently I am the only one who likes it amongst my friends, but I think it's a great show. (production quality, etc. isn't the best, but I imagine it was made on a much smaller budget...good show)

Otherwise my fav shows are;

- Community
- 30 Rock
- The Office
- Outsourced (I quite like it for some reason even if it is cheesy)
- Modern Family
- Survivor
- Walking Dead
- Shattered
- Big Bang Theory
- Two and a Half Men
- How I Met Your Mother
- Fringe (although I am not digging this season so much)
- American Pickers

Hamsterkill
11-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Right now, I think the shows I find myself most looking forward to every week are:

The Big Bang Theory
Chuck (though the blatant Subway sponsorship is really starting to grind on me)
Sons of Anarchy
Merlin (I think this is only on in Britain, now)
Misfits (Again may be only on in Britain)

Honorable mention: Nikita and Sanctuary

b_illin
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Right now, I think the shows I find myself most looking forward to every week are:

The Big Bang Theory
Chuck (though the blatant Subway sponsorship is really starting to grind on me)
Sons of Anarchy
Merlin (I think this is only on in Britain, now)
Misfits (Again may be only on in Britain)

Honorable mention: Nikita and Sanctuary

Seriously! (although watching Summer Glau with her sub was bearable :D)

Chuck used to be one of my fav's...haven't liked the direction it's been taking since last year.

I need to remember to rent Sons of Anarchy...wish we got it up here :(

looch17
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The League
Modern Family
Two And A Half Men

moans
11-22-2010, 02:05 PM
We are getting the 1st season of Burn Notice up here...apparently I am the only one who likes it amongst my friends, but I think it's a great show. (production quality, etc. isn't the best, but I imagine it was made on a much smaller budget...good show)

Burn Notice is a great show. They just started up the new season on USA network. Another beauty is a show called White Collar. I would certainly recommend checking it out.

Some of my faves include:

White Collar
Burn Notice
NCIS
Pawn Stars
Sons of Anarchy
South Park (I would say this is the funniest season yet)

Also, can't forget the REd Zone channel for football on Sundays.
As well, I've been digging Chuck's Day Off on the cooking channel. It makes me want to trek it out to Montreal to check out his restaurant, amongst other things.

secol
11-22-2010, 02:07 PM
dexter and smallville mainly

Hamsterkill
11-22-2010, 02:08 PM

Chuck used to be one of my fav's...haven't liked the direction it's been taking since last year.

You get Lost Girl as a consolation prize. :lol:

moans
11-22-2010, 02:10 PM

www.icefilms.info (http://www.icefilms.info)

Also, first season is $27.99 on Amazon for the time being. Season two is $36.99. That's certainly the cheapest I've seen it. It's usually listed for $60

HABS_FrEaK
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Otherwise my fav shows are;

- Community
- 30 Rock
- The Office
- Outsourced (I quite like it for some reason even if it is cheesy)
- Modern Family
- Survivor
- Walking Dead
- Shattered
- Big Bang Theory
- Two and a Half Men
- How I Met Your Mother
- Fringe (although I am not digging this season so much)
- American Pickers

Outsourced started off pretty poorly but has evolved very well, keeps getting better.

I love this season of Fringe, the end of the last episode was pretty cool.

Hamsterkill
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
You know, while I watched Sons of Anarchy since it started, I didn't really look forward to it until the current season. Best season of it so far in my opinion.

b_illin
11-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Burn Notice is a great show. They just started up the new season on USA network. Another beauty is a show called White Collar. I would certainly recommend checking it out.

Some of my faves include:

White Collar
Burn Notice
NCIS
Pawn Stars
Sons of Anarchy
South Park (I would say this is the funniest season yet)

Also, can't forget the REd Zone channel for football on Sundays.
As well, I've been digging Chuck's Day Off on the cooking channel. It makes me want to trek it out to Montreal to check out his restaurant, amongst other things.

Wow, someone else watches White Collar...great show!

You get Lost Girl as a consolation prize. :lol:

Another solid show. Lots of sexy shit in that show too....the main character is bi...and has had 3somes and other sexual escapades! My biggest disappointment was that I find Kenzi pretty hot...but then I saw she normally has curly (and not the good curly..she has the greasy curly) blonde hair and looks park compared to her little edgy black hair look. :(

PS: I think she may have an eating disorder as well...she is way skinny compared to her old looks.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OuKIMUeA20M/TNrZU4oKPuI/AAAAAAAAEOU/uKZ_Wsc1I_0/s1600/ksenia-solo-in-lost-girl.jpg
http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000mbi3NqtaNNg/s/700/7146-Ksenia-Solo-014.jpg
http://s11.allstarpics.net/images/orig/b/i/bidktadelj1fibkj.jpg

Outsourced started off pretty poorly but has evolved very well, keeps getting better.

I love this season of Fringe, the end of the last episode was pretty cool.

Haven't seen it yet...yay PVR! (which btw is how I am able to watch as much TV as I do...watching when I want to watch plus doing it 2/3's the time!)

I just don't like the Olivia storyline so far....kinda annoys me with the Olivia from the other side blah blah blah

fancy19
11-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Only shows I make sure I see every week are Dexter, "V" and recently Walking Dead. Two and a half men and Big Bang are comedies I'll watch if I happen to be sitting on the couch.

Hamsterkill
11-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Only shows I make sure I see every week are Dexter, "V" and recently Walking Dead. Two and a half men and Big Bang are comedies I'll watch if I happen to be sitting on the couch.

Did the second season of V already start for you guys or are you getting the first season late?

b_illin
11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Did the second season of V already start for you guys or are you getting the first season late?

Must be the 1st season because 2nd season hasn't started yet to my knowledge. (I want to like V....but I find it keeps disappointing...I just keep watching in hopes they are just setting things up and it will get good)

nyrblue2
11-22-2010, 03:21 PM
The only shows I watch every week are:

It's Always Sunny
The League
Hell's Kitchen

Lately, I've been watching Weeds on Netflix and love it. I'm through the first three episodes of season 3. The cliffhanger at the end of season 2 must have been excruciating for the people who actually watched it as they came out with new episodes.

If anyone is going to discuss Weeds, please put it in spoilers since I'm a few seasons behind.

Doctego
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The League
Modern Family
Two And A Half Men

I liked The League last season but the show seems so much better this season.

looch17
11-22-2010, 05:25 PM
I liked The League last season but the show seems so much better this season.Never saw the first season would love to though. Your right Doc great show.

pjm
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
The shows that are currently on TV with new episodes which I like:
The Office
Community
Walking Dead
Boardwalk Empire
Outsourced (its okay... gotten progressively better IMO)

Shows currently on TV which i don't like:
Two and a Half Men
Two and a Half men
Two and a Half Men
Big Bang Theory (never liked it but never really hated it either)

Awesome shows that i'm waiting for new seasons:
Breaking Bad!!!!
Mad Men!!!!
How to make it in America
Entourage (sort of getting shitty in recent seasons but still watchable)
Parks and Recreation (where did this show go? it was awesome)
Eastbound and Down (just finished season 2, hilarious)

Hamsterkill
11-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I have to say, I don't understand how a simple sitcom like Two and Half Men seems to be so polarizing... Do people just hate Chuck Lorre?

ih8music
11-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Entourage (sort of getting shitty in recent seasons but still watchable)
I thought I read they cut this last season short because they wanted to move to feature films... which I don't really understand, given how bad the season was.

edit: ok, I just looked it up and I guess they will come back for another short (6 episode) season this summer. apparently nothing official about a film deal afterward.

hope the show rebounds, because it was once really entertaining.

pjm
11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
I have to say, I don't understand how a simple sitcom like Two and Half Men seems to be so polarizing... Do people just hate Chuck Lorre?
Who is Chuck Lorre? Nah, I hate Charlie Sheen. Really hate him.

I just don't find it funny. It's one of those shows where if there was no laugh track it would be complete unbearable garbage. Feels really contrived. Curb Your Enthusiasm is a sitcom done right - doesn't need a laugh track to be hilarious.

Case in point:
YouTube - Two and a Half Men: The Laff Factory Goes to Oktoberfest (1 of 4)

Versus:
YouTube - Curb Your Enthusiasm Buys weed

Hamsterkill
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Who is Chuck Lorre? Nah, I hate Charlie Sheen. Really hate him.
Creator of Two and Half Men and The Big Bang Theory.

Why the hate for Sheen, then? I know he's got issues, but that hardly makes him unique in Hollywood.

EDIT: By "laugh track" I'm guessing you mean "audience"? If you say so... I mean, Two and Half Men isn't really up my alley, either, but I can say that about a lot of other sitcoms too. I just don't see what makes it worse than other disliked sitcoms for people.

pjm
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Creator of Two and Half Men and The Big Bang Theory.

Why the hate for Sheen, then? I know he's got issues, but that hardly makes him unique in Hollywood.
I could care less about his issues to be honest. I just hate his style of "comedy" and I can't believe he gets paid the amount he does for what he produces.

I don't know, I just can't watch that show, I hate it.

mrtybrodur30
11-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I want to start watching Boardwalk Empire I have heard great things about it and it looks pretty good.

Shows I watch now:

The Office - Still has its moments here and there.
Outsourced - Like others have said, is getting better to my surprise.
Survivor - Always watch it but hate the people this season.
Dexter - Great show.
Its Always Sunny - Really just started watching this series a few weeks ago and its hilarious!
The League - Didnt watch last season but this season has been good.
The Walking Dead - Really liking this show so far.

My two favorite shows:

Seinfeld re runs - Still classic and they never get old to me.
BREAKING BAD! Still dont know how im going to make it till the next season starts in July :blah: Such a long time! Just an amazing show.

HABS_FrEaK
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Parks and Recreation (where did this show go? it was awesome)

It's coming back after the holidays. I can't wait, it was the best of the Thursday line up last year IMO

Another show that I didn't love at first but just kept getting better

pjm
11-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh, another show I forgot to mention that also just concluded their first (and only season): An Idiot Abroad. Hilarious travel-type show. Produced by Ricky Gervais. Follows a guy, Karl Pilkington, around to the 7 wonders of the world, and he hates every minute of it... amazing show, check it out.

YouTube - Karl Pilkington in An Idiot Abroad: First Look Sneak Peek Trailer

habsfan1
11-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Favourite shows:

Dexter
Mad men
Criminal minds
NCIS
NCIS LA
Big bang theory

I just bought breaking bad and I want to get caught up on that and I just finished watching every season of 24 except the last.

Spartan
11-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Anyone catch "Brew Masters" last night on Discovery? I had high hopes for this show, but it turned into basically a 60 minute infomercial for Dogfish Head Brewery and their annoying owner/head brewer (Sam?).

Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't all that great. It actually seemed like a re-hashed episode of American Chopper -- only with beer instead of bikes. DFH was contacted by Sony Music to create a beer to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Miles Davis' album "Bitches Brew" and it was about their process in doing that. It really just came across as a cookie-cutter reality-based drama, with a lot of staged moments and a ton of DFH marketing. And that Sam dude reminded me too much of an obnoxious frat boy.

Anyway... this show probably doesn't deserve its own thread, so we can just have this be a generic place for TV discussion...Holy Shit, I had such high hopes for this show. A half an hour later and I never want to buy his product again because he is such a huge douche bag. About the worst possible scenario there.

two24four
11-23-2010, 01:32 AM
I have not seen every episode, but from the few I have seen so far, Hawaii Five-O is not bad.

Weeds is a good show as well. I find Mary-Louise Parker to be pretty hot, cant believe she's 46 years old.

Modern Family is a good show as well, as is Cougar Town :D

Watched the 1st season of The League on DVD as we dont get it here in Canada, good show I like it, looking forward to watching the 2nd season.

CayugaPosse
11-23-2010, 03:59 AM
EDIT: By "laugh track" I'm guessing you mean "audience"? If you say so... I mean, Two and Half Men isn't really up my alley, either, but I can say that about a lot of other sitcoms too. I just don't see what makes it worse than other disliked sitcoms for people.

"Laugh track" is not "audience".

Two and a Half Men does not have an audience. It uses a "laugh track"(lots of shows do it), where they have recorded or canned laughter that they play on the show during punch lines.

It is actually the belief of Hollywood that people are so stupid they need a cue to know when to laugh. Hence the laugh track.

Any time you hear someone laughing during a sitcom, it is not an audience. Except the 30 Rock live episode which actually had a live crowd.

Same thing applies for How I Met Your Mother, they use it too.

Hamsterkill
11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
"Laugh track" is not "audience".

Two and a Half Men does not have an audience. It uses a "laugh track"(lots of shows do it), where they have recorded or canned laughter that they play on the show during punch lines.

You are incorrect. It has a live audience for every taping barring special circumstances. Same goes for Big Bang. I'm pretty sure most sitcoms have live audiences now.

b_illin
11-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I have not seen every episode, but from the few I have seen so far, Hawaii Five-O is not bad.

Weeds is a good show as well. I find Mary-Louise Parker to be pretty hot, cant believe she's 46 years old.

Modern Family is a good show as well, as is Cougar Town :D

Watched the 1st season of The League on DVD as we dont get it here in Canada, good show I like it, looking forward to watching the 2nd season.

Hawaii Five-O I really like for some reason...forgot to mention it and Weeds. (I also like The Defenders as well...enjoy the vibe compared to other law shows)

Cougar Town is annoying.

PS: does anyone actually watch Mike & Molly. I only watch 2 episodes at the start, but wow does it suck a lot of ass.

two24four
11-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Hawaii Five-O I really like for some reason...forgot to mention it and Weeds. (I also like The Defenders as well...enjoy the vibe compared to other law shows)

Cougar Town is annoying.

PS: does anyone actually watch Mike & Molly. I only watch 2 episodes at the start, but wow does it suck a lot of ass.

I watched the 1st show and never went back to watch anymore of it.

fancy19
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I might of missed a comment on this show but what's your guys thoughts on Empire Boardwalk? Not sure if I want to start it or not.

Doctego
11-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I might of missed a comment on this show but what's your guys thoughts on Empire Boardwalk? Not sure if I want to start it or not.

Boardwalk Empire?? It's 1 of the best shows out there.

CayugaPosse
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
You are incorrect. It has a live audience for every taping barring special circumstances. Same goes for Big Bang. I'm pretty sure most sitcoms have live audiences now.

I wasn't aware they taped infront of an audience. You're still hearing recorded laughter though, that I guarantee. Not saying the show isn't funny, it's just infinitely easier to edit a show if the laughter is canned. There's no way they're recording the actual audience laughter and leaving it.

Hamsterkill
11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I wasn't aware they taped infront of an audience. You're still hearing recorded laughter though, that I guarantee. Not saying the show isn't funny, it's just infinitely easier to edit a show if the laughter is canned. There's no way they're recording the actual audience laughter and leaving it.

That may be, but because of the live factor they can only insert laughter into places where the audience actually laughed. The actors have to pause for the laughter.

b_illin
11-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Laugh track

http://www.film.com/features/story/can-has-laugh-track-run/16339218

Hamsterkill
11-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Oh, so every sitcom that has a live audience has a laugh track... okay.

Buckeye
11-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Modern Family.......best comedy on network television.....period

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
11-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I really like Castle and The Mentalist. Got lots of those in my DVR that I need to catch up on. Merlin is pretty good too. Syfy (god I hate spelling it that way) has picked it up for another season or two. We are behind Britain though.

Hamsterkill
11-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I really like Castle and The Mentalist. Got lots of those in my DVR that I need to catch up on. Merlin is pretty good too. Syfy (god I hate spelling it that way) has picked it up for another season or two. We are behind Britain though.

Ah, I forgot Syfy (I, too, hate spelling it this way) was doing that. I just remembered NBC tried it out and it flopped for them.

Yeah, I'm up to date with the British. I liked the second season better than the third so far, though, with one episode left in the third.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Ah, I forgot Syfy was doing that. I just remembered NBC tried it out and it flopped for them.

Yeah, I'm up to date with the British. I liked the second season better than the third so far, though, with one episode left in the third.

So they are in season 3 or 4 over there? I grabbed 2nd season online before I realized syfy picked it up... now we are just going with the syfy schedule but off hand I don't remember when the "new" season begins.

Glad there is someone else out there who watches this. It is very underrated, I think. I was shocked when NBC dropped it but I guess the numbers were not great ? :dunno: I was glad to see Syfy take a stab at it though.

Hamsterkill
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
So they are in season 3 or 4 over there? I grabbed 2nd season online before I realized syfy picked it up... now we are just going with the syfy schedule but off hand I don't remember when the "new" season begins.

Glad there is someone else out there who watches this. It is very underrated, I think. I was shocked when NBC dropped it but I guess the numbers were not great ? :dunno: I was glad to see Syfy take a stab at it though.

Yeah, there's 1 episode left to air in Britain for season 3. It's been renewed for a 4th season but I've heard Doctor Who will push back the airing of season 4 until early 2012.

P.S. I was complaining about the 'Syfy' name when it happened, even. lol
http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showpost.php?p=699663&postcount=387

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-01-2010, 06:32 AM
The Syfy name switch is lame and trendy. Seriously. Good to know about Merlin, ty : )

Also, I know it is out of date by a few years at this point but if you have never had the pleasure of indulging in the HBO series Six Feet Under, you really need to. Quality television right here. :yes:

b_illin
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but I know there a few of us that watch Friday Night Lights. Best show you've probably never seen.

Also, if you've never watched the entire Lost series, then perhaps that will give you something to do through the winter months.

Hamsterkill
12-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I can never recommend Lost. First couple seasons were pretty good. Then it just started to get ridiculous and went downhill from there. I only watched the last season because I had to know what the end of the story would be even though I knew it would be crap.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
12-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but I know there a few of us that watch Friday Night Lights. Best show you've probably never seen.

Also, if you've never watched the entire Lost series, then perhaps that will give you something to do through the winter months.

Adding that to my list to send to my boy. Been wanting to see what all the hype was about. Thanks for the reminder.

b_illin
12-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Watched the season 1 finale for Burn Notice...really like that show a lot. (I know, I already said Burn Notice....but it's a fun show!)

HABS_FrEaK
12-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I can never recommend Lost. First couple seasons were pretty good. Then it just started to get ridiculous and went downhill from there. I only watched the last season because I had to know what the end of the story would be even though I knew it would be crap.

You sir are a moron!

Good day

b_illin
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I can't find the words to express how much I hate Naonka from survivor. Childish, small-minded, spiteful, delusional, mega cunt, selfish, ridiculous

snoopzen
12-03-2010, 09:51 PM
I can't find the words to express how much I hate Naonka from survivor. Childish, small-minded, spiteful, delusional, mega cunt, selfish, ridiculousThat is a good effort, though.

Hamsterkill
12-04-2010, 08:25 AM
I'll put a Netlfix/DVD TV show recommendation out there.

Pushing Daisies

If you have a dark sense of humor, it's hilarious.

b_illin
12-04-2010, 01:25 PM
That is a good effort, though.

I was able to think of a few, yes :D

I'll put a Netlfix/DVD TV show recommendation out there.

Pushing Daisies

If you have a dark sense of humor, it's hilarious.

It was good...and not good. There was something about it that seemed a tad cheesy...but I still enjoyed it. The redhead was sexy. It was certainly 'different' than most shows.

CayugaPosse
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
That is a good effort, though.

Do you watch Survivor? Because no it's not that good an effort.

Words don't exist in the english language to properly do justice to how loathesome a person she was. She went from being a living black woman stereotype to being one of the worst people ever.

boredguy
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM

First couple of seasons of FNL were entertaining quality went way down after that. Landry killing that dude was so fucking retarded, one of the worst storylines in tv history
Also Aimee Teagarden is damn hot.

Just started watching The Event. It's pretty bad, most of the acting sucks, the storylines aren't that good, they overuse the "3 years earlier" shit so badly, and yet it's still entertaining, i have no clue how that's possible.

keyboard
12-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Also Aimee Teagarden is damn hot.
Really? The chubby one? I'd go with either of these two:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/austinmovies/upload/2009/06/adrianne_palicki_drake_josh_ac/palicki.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_91s-Zkod9Gc/TJy54UrPRDI/AAAAAAAAJhw/tMpfIavnHVI/s1600/minka+kelly.jpg

I watch a disgusting amount of television and have seen pretty much anything worth seeing. A few simple rules I find for watching good television is to try to avoid watching anything with a laugh track because it feels so contrived, and, more importantly, any show that you can tell has a story line that only exists to keep the show going is likely shitty (24, Big Love).

I just finished Mad Men season 4 and can safely say it jumped the shark when...
... the agency lost big tobacco.
You could make a case it happened before that, but you really see the sharp drop after that.

Anyway, some must watch television that I think I have named before:
Battlestar Galactica: I hate space shows but this one has some fantastic themes.
Arrested Development: Before the last season.
Batman The Animated Series: Before the last season.
Becker: You can see why Ted Danson was on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Better Off Ted: Only seen the first season but very promising. Imagine Don Draper in a comedy.
Breaking Bad: I like every scene that doesn't involve family or how much Walter protects Jesse.
Californication: Pimp.
Columbo: A fucking classic and a shame everyone these days grows up on the garbage that is CSI.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Favourite show ever.
Dead Like Me: I haven't seen this in years but remember it being smart.
Deadwood: Bad ass.
Extras: Gervais always impresses.
Futurama: I haven't seen any of the new stuff but the old stuff is golden and makes a lot more sense than the stupidity that is Family Guy.
Gary Unmarried: One of the only shows that pulls off the family comedy sitcom with unapologetic relationship banter that hits home with both sides, a must watch for people in relationships.
Intelligence: A very smart Canadian show, like The Wire.
Mad Men: I want to be Don Draper.
Oz: I can understand people not loving this show but it's got some great, great characters and storylines.
Psych: First few seasons are pretty good but his schtick gets pretty brutal after a while.
Rescue Me: I think it went sour around the fourth season, haven't had a chance to watch the new season but I have my doubts it returns to its previous glory.
Rome: Amazing.
Scrubs: Just don't watch season nine. Ever.
Six Feet Under: I stopped caring about the characters after the second season, but the show is very solid.
Larry Sanders Show: Solid show, great dry humour, and Rip Torn is awesome.
The Shield: Top 3 shows of all-time and one of the best finishes to a series ever.
The Wire: Also in my top 3 along with everyone else on the planet, I think.
Trailer Park Boys: First few seasons are fantastic. Propane, propane.
Wonder Showzen: The best kind of fucked up there is.

Currently working through Nurse Jackie, Pacific, Rules of Engagement, and Studio 60 on Sunset Strip.

pjm
12-06-2010, 04:33 AM
Currently working through Nurse Jackie, Pacific, Rules of Engagement, and Studio 60 on Sunset Strip.

Check out An Idiot Abroad. I'm sure you will like it

HABS_FrEaK
12-06-2010, 04:53 AM

There was no season nine if you ask me, just a spin off gone wrong. Plus the last episode of season 8 was called ''My Finale''.

The series definitely had it's ups and downs but the first 3 seasons were amazing, some of my favorite tv ever. The rest of the series became a bit hit or miss but I still enjoyed it. The finale was really well done, perfect ending.

boredguy
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Not a fan of the top one (can't remember her character or real name) but Minka Kelly is definitely up there with Aimee Teegarden (not sure how you'd consider her chubby).

b_illin
12-06-2010, 12:48 PM

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/austinmovies/upload/2009/06/adrianne_palicki_drake_josh_ac/palicki.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_91s-Zkod9Gc/TJy54UrPRDI/AAAAAAAAJhw/tMpfIavnHVI/s1600/minka+kelly.jpg

I watch a disgusting amount of television and have seen pretty much anything worth seeing. A few simple rules I find for watching good television is to try to avoid watching anything with a laugh track because it feels so contrived, and, more importantly, any show that you can tell has a story line that only exists to keep the show going is likely shitty (24, Big Love).

I just finished Mad Men season 4 and can safely say it jumped the shark when...
... the agency lost big tobacco.
You could make a case it happened before that, but you really see the sharp drop after that.

Anyway, some must watch television that I think I have named before:
Battlestar Galactica: I hate space shows but this one has some fantastic themes.
Arrested Development: Before the last season.
Batman The Animated Series: Before the last season.
Becker: You can see why Ted Danson was on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Better Off Ted: Only seen the first season but very promising. Imagine Don Draper in a comedy.
Breaking Bad: I like every scene that doesn't involve family or how much Walter protects Jesse.
Californication: Pimp.
Columbo: A fucking classic and a shame everyone these days grows up on the garbage that is CSI.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Favourite show ever.
Dead Like Me: I haven't seen this in years but remember it being smart.
Deadwood: Bad ass.
Extras: Gervais always impresses.
Futurama: I haven't seen any of the new stuff but the old stuff is golden and makes a lot more sense than the stupidity that is Family Guy.
Gary Unmarried: One of the only shows that pulls off the family comedy sitcom with unapologetic relationship banter that hits home with both sides, a must watch for people in relationships.
Intelligence: A very smart Canadian show, like The Wire.
Mad Men: I want to be Don Draper.
Oz: I can understand people not loving this show but it's got some great, great characters and storylines.
Psych: First few seasons are pretty good but his schtick gets pretty brutal after a while.
Rescue Me: I think it went sour around the fourth season, haven't had a chance to watch the new season but I have my doubts it returns to its previous glory.
Rome: Amazing.
Six Feet Under: I stopped caring about the characters after the second season, but the show is very solid.
Larry Sanders Show: Solid show, great dry humour, and Rip Torn is awesome.
The Shield: Top 3 shows of all-time and one of the best finishes to a series ever.
The Wire: Also in my top 3 along with everyone else on the planet, I think.
Trailer Park Boys: First few seasons are fantastic. Propane, propane.
Wonder Showzen: The best kind of fucked up there is.

Better Off Ted is hilarious.

PS: Laila/Minka Kelly ftw!

two24four
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Good call on Californication, I like that show.

I love Rescue Me, great show.

keyboard
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Check out An Idiot Abroad. I'm sure you will like itI certainly will.

There was no season nine if you ask me, just a spin off gone wrong. Plus the last episode of season 8 was called ''My Finale''.

The series definitely had it's ups and downs but the first 3 seasons were amazing, some of my favorite tv ever. The rest of the series became a bit hit or miss but I still enjoyed it. The finale was really well done, perfect ending.A spin off using all the original cast done in exactly the same way... it was a lame money grab.

You might like Psych, it's got that same kind of chemistry as Turk and Dorian.

HABS_FrEaK
12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
The creator still saw it as a spin off, they even added a small ''med school'' at the bottom of the intro scene when it said ''Scrubs''. Problem is the network wanted it to keep the name scrubs, anyway point is it sucked lol

Never actually watched Psych, I'll have to check it out

b_illin
12-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Do yourselves a favour and watch Community tonight (or online) - it really is the best/funniest show you don't watch.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/article/904216--community-the-funniest-show-you-re-not-watching

keyboard
12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I thought everyone and their mom knew about Community already.

Big Love is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. How this shit has gone on for four season is beyond me.

I am really quite impressed with Studio 60 on Sunset Strip. It's like if The Larry Sanders Show and 30 Rock had a love child.

b_illin
12-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I thought everyone and their mom knew about Community already.

Big Love is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. How this shit has gone on for four season is beyond me.

I am really quite impressed with Studio 60 on Sunset Strip. It's like if The Larry Sanders Show and 30 Rock had a love child.

by everyone do you mean you and me? :\

keyboard
12-09-2010, 12:58 PM
It's on NBC, trust me, everyone who knows anything about television knows about it.

Also, the second season is pretty awful.

ih8music
12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Anyone watching Top Chef: All Stars?

for kam....Jenn was one of my favorites for her season, but man she went out with a bang. Sleep deprivation + alcohol + ego + criticism = one bitchy, angry exit.

keyboard
12-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Spoiler tag?

ih8music
12-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Spoiler tag?
seriously? :lol: I guess so... didn't think TC was quite in that category of show to warrant.

keyboard
12-09-2010, 03:12 PM
seriously? :lol: I guess so... didn't think TC was quite in that category of show to warrant.
It's an elimination show, the only kind of shows that really warrant it, I think.

ih8music
12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
It's an elimination show, the only kind of shows that really warrant it, I think.
I suppose for the show finale it makes sense, but this is just week 2. regardless, I added it.

I think spoilers are warranted when discussing major plot twists and hypothetical outcomes. "OMG I can't believe they killed XXX. How is this going to affect Dexter?"

For a reality/contest show like TC, you see things evolve during the episode so it's usually not much of a surprise when someone is eliminated/voted out.

keyboard
12-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I think the death of a character is as important as the elimination of a contestant, regardless of what week it's in. I mean they really are the exact same thing.

Plus, if you think no one cares, why you posting about it in the first place? :lol:

ih8music
12-09-2010, 03:28 PM
now that's just crazy talk... :lol:

HABS_FrEaK
12-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Community has pretty bad ratings if im not mistaken so it's not that well known despite it being on NBC. Also season 2 sucks? Really? it's one of the best comedies on tv, the best of the thursday NBC line up right now if you ask me.

The best comedy on network tv right now is Modern Family though, never disapoints. I'd probably rank Community 2nd.

keyboard
12-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Community has pretty bad ratings if im not mistaken so it's not that well known despite it being on NBC. Also season 2 sucks? Really? it's one of the best comedies on tv, the best of the thursday NBC line up right now if you ask me.

The best comedy on network tv right now is Modern Family though, never disapoints. I'd probably rank Community 2nd.Season two is complete garbage. The worst episode from season one is better than every episode from this season. I knew it would be bad because it really doesn't make sense for all these characters to still be together considering it's a community college but this is worse than I could have thought.

On his birthday they go to a bar and find out she's a massive drunk? And when they confront her on it nothing happens? That's some shitty writing. It's like they introduced something and didn't know what to do with it. That whole episode was such a mess, and the Brita/Jeff love angle is just pathetic now.

b_illin
12-09-2010, 06:50 PM
I've enjoyed this season. I wish there was more Senor Chang though!

HABS_FrEaK
12-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Actually I'll give you the last episode, wasn't that great. But to say the season is garbage is absurd. You can say you prefer season one, which is fine, but season 2 is far from garbage. Unless you mean compared to last year, but on it's own its still great. Not saying that I agree that season 2 is that much worst but I could understand what youre saying there.

keyboard
12-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I've enjoyed this season. I wish there was more Senor Chang though!What a fucking joke they made of his character. It wouldn't surprise me if there were new writers this season or something.

Actually I'll give you the last episode, wasn't that great. But to say the season is garbage is absurd. You can say you prefer season one, which is fine, but season 2 is far from garbage. Unless you mean compared to last year, but on it's own its still great. Not saying that I agree that season 2 is that much worst but I could understand what youre saying there.No, I mean compared to good television. It is not good television. Characters have no growth anymore, they are just re-hashing the same stuff from the first season and the stuff they are adding aren't funny or seem to go anywhere. I made the reference in the previous post, another one is Pierce in a wheelchair that he operates with his mouth. Oh, the comedic gold.

There is a lot of good television on, season two of Community doesn't come close to qualifying.

HABS_FrEaK
12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Well I disagree, easily a top 5 comedy right now.

b_illin
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
What a fucking joke they made of his character. It wouldn't surprise me if there were new writers this season or something.

No, I mean compared to good television. It is not good television. Characters have no growth anymore, they are just re-hashing the same stuff from the first season and the stuff they are adding aren't funny or seem to go anywhere. I made the reference in the previous post, another one is Pierce in a wheelchair that he operates with his mouth. Oh, the comedic gold.

There is a lot of good television on, season two of Community doesn't come close to qualifying.

But I think that's the point - the characters are used to deliver pop culture jokes/quips. Let them grow to the point where we know who they are and what to expect, then the writers do insert those pop culture jokes with whichever character they think should deliver it.

Besides, how much growth can you really expect in a half hour comedy with so many characters.

(I have a feeling they changed Senor Chang's character because Ken Jeong is hot these days and probably doesn't have the time to be on the show as much as last year)

keyboard
12-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Well I disagree, easily a top 5 comedy right now.Name the other 4.

But I think that's the point - the characters are used to deliver pop culture jokes/quips. Let them grow to the point where we know who they are and what to expect, then the writers do insert those pop culture jokes with whichever character they think should deliver it.

Besides, how much growth can you really expect in a half hour comedy with so many characters.

(I have a feeling they changed Senor Chang's character because Ken Jeong is hot these days and probably doesn't have the time to be on the show as much as last year)
You don't need growth if you've already established characters. 30 Rock, Lemon still grows with each season. The problem with Community is they keep the core together without any growth and any new character introduced lasts an episode or two. I don't know, it was a great first season but like Arrested Development, there's only so many times you can go to the same well.

Personally, I think they jumped the shark when Brita told Jeff she loved him.

HABS_FrEaK
12-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Well off the top of my head i would say Modern Family is at the top for me this year. After that the League has been solid, it's always sunny isn't what it use to be but still among the top and after that nothing stands out right now. I have a lot of other comedies I like to watch but they would be the top 4 I think. I absolutely LOVED Parks and Rec last year so I have high hopes for that too when it comes back.

I may be forgeting some right now though

keyboard
12-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Parks and Recreation? Are you serious? What a sack of shit show that was.

You need to watch better comedies. I know it's personal taste and all that, but seriously, that's fucked up. Parks and Recreation... unbelievable.

HABS_FrEaK
12-10-2010, 01:25 AM

You need to watch better comedies. I know it's personal taste and all that, but seriously, that's fucked up. Parks and Recreation... unbelievable.

Did you stop watching? I really didn't like that show at first but it got way better with time.

I almost gave up after the first season but it just got better and better in season 2, off the top of my head the hunting trip episode was really fucking good.

pjm
12-10-2010, 01:38 AM
I almost gave up after the first season but it just got better and better in season 2, off the top of my head the hunting trip episode was really fucking good.
Yeah, Parks and Rec from hunting episode onwards was actually pretty funny.

And keyboard is right, Community this season sucks other than the zombie episode which i enjoyed.

Doctego
12-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I know it's personal taste

That's it right there. Completely personal taste. I like shows and movies that no one else around me gets into. Surprised me at first but I got over it.

b_illin
12-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Parks and Rec had it's funny moments.

You need to stop being the TV nazi!

keyboard
12-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Parks and Rec had it's funny moments.

You need to stop being the TV nazi!
It's like a really long, boring SNL sketch shot in the style of The Office. Has shallow characters who don't even really make all that much sense. I had a really hard time getting through season one, but maybe I'll try season two just so I can hate on it twice as hard.

b_illin
12-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Give it another try...I too didn't like it at first but enjoyed the 2nd season. Aziz Ansari is pretty funny...so is the dude with mustache

HABS_FrEaK
12-10-2010, 01:38 PM
yeah season 1 sucked for sure, only reason I kept watching is because a buddy of mind kept saying it got better

CayugaPosse
12-11-2010, 08:21 PM
It's like a really long, boring SNL sketch shot in the style of The Office. Has shallow characters who don't even really make all that much sense. I had a really hard time getting through season one, but maybe I'll try season two just so I can hate on it twice as hard.

Sidenote : Did you know that the main series creators and writers of that show are the guys that used to write www.firejoemorgan.com (http://www.firejoemorgan.com)?

Ken Tremendous created Parks and Recreation, before that he wrote a bunch of episodes for The Office, and before that he used to write for SNL. I guess that's where that comment comes from.

Doctego
12-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I waterboarded our toddler. LOL

keyboard
12-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Sidenote : Did you know that the main series creators and writers of that show are the guys that used to write www.firejoemorgan.com (http://www.firejoemorgan.com)?

Ken Tremendous created Parks and Recreation, before that he wrote a bunch of episodes for The Office, and before that he used to write for SNL. I guess that's where that comment comes from.Interesting side note.

I wasn't aware of the connection but obviously am not surprised. What a hack.

b_illin
12-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Last nights Family Guy was pretty dark!

b_illin
12-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Survivor

jane? Really?? I thought she was a spiteful bitch.

I'm glad that fabio won :)

HABS_FrEaK
12-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah this was my favorite end in a long time, couldn't believe americas choice either...

ih8music
12-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Survivor

jane? Really?? I thought she was a spiteful bitch.

I'm glad that fabio won :)
Jane's also a single mom, widow, and a tough-as-nails old southern chick. Not surprising to me at all.

I was happy that Fabio won -- his immunity run was very impressive -- but man he's a cocky (and really, truly, totally strange) dude. After watching his antics on the finale/reunion show, I would have been happier to have seen Chase win.

phaneuf6
12-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I was happy with all the Survivor results.

b_illin
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Am I alone in seeing Jane for who she really was? Everyone wanted her to be a sweetheart but she was mean and spiteful in my eyes. I didn't like her at all.

also, fuck your arrogance sash...how you like them apples!

ih8music
12-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Am I alone in seeing Jane for who she really was? Everyone wanted her to be a sweetheart but she was mean and spiteful in my eyes. I didn't like her at all.

I liked her precisely because she wasn't a sweetheart. she's a tough 50+ yr old woman who'd try to kick your ass if you got on her bad side. I don't think they tried to hide that at all.

b_illin
12-21-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't know man, she would make fights when there was no fight...like when she got all pissed at Marty (who was a douche granted) right off the bat. Then the way she behaved after the merge. Then the way she'd get SO upset if anyone did anything that adversely her affected her....like to 'taking it the grave' upset. (and the way she'd talk so much shit on camera when they'd do the solo interviews...and her NC shit was super annoying as well....I know the type of NC hick she is...probably lives outside of Boone or Ashville!)

Me, I'd have voted for Fabio probably but I'd have thought Americuh would have chosen Chase or Holly or maybe even Jimmie Johnson...was totally surprised when it was Jane.

ih8music
12-21-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't know man, she would make fights when there was no fight...like when she got all pissed at Marty (who was a douche granted) right off the bat. Then the way she behaved after the merge. Then the way she'd get SO upset if anyone did anything that adversely her affected her....like to 'taking it the grave' upset.

I don't disagree with your characterization of her; only for me (and apparently a lot of viewers), her hotheadedness didn't make me dislike her at all. Probably because the people she went after were also people I didn't like. And her backstory is definitely deserving of the $100K.

(and the way she'd talk so much shit on camera when they'd do the solo interviews...and her NC shit was super annoying as well....I know the type of NC hick she is...probably lives outside of Boone or Ashville!)

Not sure what that means, but she's apparently from Jackson Springs, NC which looks like a tiny rural town between Raleigh and Charlotte.

Me, I'd have voted for Fabio probably but I'd have thought Americuh would have chosen Chase or Holly or maybe even Jimmie Johnson...was totally surprised when it was Jane.
No way for Jimmy Johnson, but I'd suspect that Holly was #2. I'm really surprised you were so surprised. single mom, husband recently died from cancer, relatively poor, hard worker, tough woman, southerner. it was almost a slam dunk for her to win it.

b_illin
12-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I don't disagree with your characterization of her; only for me (and apparently a lot of viewers), her hotheadedness didn't make me dislike her at all. Probably because the people she went after were also people I didn't like. And her backstory is definitely deserving of the $100K.

Not sure what that means, but she's apparently from Jackson Springs, NC which looks like a tiny rural town between Raleigh and Charlotte.

No way for Jimmy Johnson, but I'd suspect that Holly was #2. I'm really surprised you were so surprised. single mom, husband recently died from cancer, relatively poor, hard worker, tough woman, southerner. it was almost a slam dunk for her to win it.

I guess I just assumed everyone else saw her the same way I did....she was far from my favourite. (and the last few times, America chose Russell, so I guess I forgot about background, etc. factoring in)

CayugaPosse
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
I guess I just assumed everyone else saw her the same way I did....she was far from my favourite. (and the last few times, America chose Russell, so I guess I forgot about background, etc. factoring in)

Who else would it have been? This season may be the worst in the show's history, everyone was fucking dumb as a bag of hammers out there. I've never seen so many idiots on the show at one time. I thought Brenda was the one smart person, but I was proven wrong.

Since there was no one that was good on the show, it was basically down to likeability, and hissy fit or not, Jane was the most likeable person on the show outside of maybe Fabio.

keyboard
12-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't watch the show but from the sounds of things, neither does b_illin. :lol:

two24four
12-21-2010, 07:24 PM
I watched the 1st season of Survivor, have not watched it since.

keyboard
12-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Just finished season 5 of Rescue Me, the first and last 5 episodes are good, the middle is just awful.

Season 2 of Rules of Engagement is better than the first one but still a very mediocre show.

Season 3 of Larry Sanders Show is still as consistently good as the others.

Hamsterkill
12-21-2010, 07:41 PM
:yes: Me too.

ih8music
12-21-2010, 08:59 PM

Eh, it's one of those shows I can't kick. I agree that this was one of the weaker seasons, but the twist they announced for next season sounds interesting -- basically, people who are evicted will be given the chance to fight their way back into the game. Depending on the timing of when the person returns, that could be huge.

phaneuf6
12-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Any Dragon's Den fans?

two24four
12-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Any Dragon's Den fans?

I like it, have not watched it in awhile though.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
anyone gonna check out Bob's Burgers ? Premieres tonight on Fox. Looks silly but I like silly.

MrScientist
01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
anyone gonna check out Bob's Burgers ? Premieres tonight on Fox. Looks silly but I like silly.

I'll watch tonight but I don't think it looks like a groundbreaking new show or anything.

b_illin
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I'll watch it as well and decide whether to continue or not...I like to give everything at least one watch just to see if it has potential.

Does anyone watch Human Target? It's not the greatest show by any means but I like it as it's basically a modern interpretation of 80's shows...along the lines of A-Team or Fall Guy but (a lot) more modern. (same type of plot lines)

WIS
01-09-2011, 08:00 PM
What about the Cape? Anybody gonna see if that looks legit?

Hamsterkill
01-09-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll be trying it out. If just for Summer Glau. :cool:

Doctego
01-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone like Tosh.0??

ih8music
01-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Anyone like Tosh.0??

I watch it every one in a while.... but he tends to annoy me more frequently than entertain me. I do like the web redemption segments, though.

abusiveninja
01-10-2011, 11:30 AM

I'll watch tonight but I don't think it looks like a groundbreaking new show or anything.

I DVR'ed it. Will watch tonight. Really hoping another cartoon can pique my interest. 'Family Guy' is still one of my favorites. 'American Dad' and 'The Cleveland Show' do nothing for me. 'The Simpsons' stopped being funny around the 5th/6th season. 'Duckman' was a great show. And HBO had a good one called 'The Life & Times of Tim' which I thought was good but I guess didn't go over well. I feel as though quick, witty humor never catches on. People like their comedy spoon-fed to them. They're too lazy to use their brain.

Example: 'Arrested Development' was a great show. Didn't last long. 'Modern Family' is a dumbed-down version and is a huge hit.

Whatever.

b_illin
01-10-2011, 01:21 PM

After 10 seconds I wanted to delete it....but it grew on me more as it went on. Still undecided though but I'll give it another shot. (I don't see it lasting though...not sure Middle America will like it)

PS: I like the Cleveland Show...anyone else?

I'll give it a shot.

I'll be trying it out. If just for Summer Glau. :cool:

I saw your crush, Michelle Trachtenberg wasn't looking so good in Cop Out...sucks when the glow of youth wears off :(

Hamsterkill
01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I saw your crush, Michelle Trachtenberg wasn't looking so good in Cop Out...sucks when the glow of youth wears off :(

Still looks good to me. I haven't bothered with Cop Out, though.

MrScientist
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I love Tosh.0

Bob's Burgers was decent...I really liked the fast-paced jokes and thought the Molester special was hilarious.

The Cleveland Show took time to grow on me but it's a firm 2nd behind Family Guy now. American Dad can be hilarious but is very hit and miss, Cleveland has only had one or two stinkers.

b_illin
01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
I love Tosh.0

Bob's Burgers was decent...I really liked the fast-paced jokes and thought the Molester special was hilarious.

The Cleveland Show took time to grow on me but it's a firm 2nd behind Family Guy now. American Dad can be hilarious but is very hit and miss, Cleveland has only had one or two stinkers.

Same for me...wasn't that into it at first but it grew on me.

HABS_FrEaK
01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Anyone give The Cape a shot? I just watched the first episode, it's pretty cool. I'll watch episode 2 later.

b_illin
01-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Anyone give The Cape a shot? I just watched the first episode, it's pretty cool. I'll watch episode 2 later.

It premieres tonight, so not net. Did you watch it online somewhere?

HABS_FrEaK
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah it hit the net last night so I figured thats when it premiered.

I got it on the QSS forum

Hamsterkill
01-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Cape premiered in the States last night.

b_illin
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Cape premiered in the States last night.

Really? Weird as NBC has it premiering up here on Monday night.

eff1ngham
01-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Anyone else watch the Onion Sportsdome? Pretty damn funny

boredguy
01-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Not a big fan of Tosh.0, rather just watch the videos on the net.

The Cape was really horrible, nothing good about it at all.

Hamsterkill
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Cape was better than I thought it'd be -- mostly because of Keith David. Still a bit too campy for my taste, though.

b_illin
01-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I wasn't too impressed with The Cape...I'll give it another chance, but thought the acting was shit and the vibe was a bit cheese....it ended strong'ish though.

WIS
01-14-2011, 08:55 PM
I wasn't too impressed with The Cape...I'll give it another chance, but thought the acting was shit and the vibe was a bit cheese....it ended strong'ish though.
This. It was rushed at the beginning and only picked up the last 20-30 minutes. I don't know if I'll give it another chance. It didn't have that 'it' factor that usually hooks me in.

abusiveninja
01-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Not a big fan of Tosh.0, rather just watch the videos on the net.

:beer:

Hamsterkill
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
The American version of Being Human looks like it will pale in comparison to the original British based on its first episode.

I've heard the same can be said for the American version of Skins, though I've not seen either version of that myself.

phaneuf6
01-19-2011, 11:34 PM
The American version of Being Human looks like it will pale in comparison to the original British based on its first episode.

I've heard the same can be said for the American version of Skins, though I've not seen either version of that myself.

Most programming in the UK is dumbed down big time before it comes over to the US.

b_illin
01-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Being Human was alright....i'll record next weeks.

Wow, great Modern Family this week.

kids walk in on claire getting fucked from behind by phil....luke asks 'what were they doing?' Haley says 'nothing' and luke says 'whatever they were doing it looked like dad was winning' :D lol

ih8music
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Top Chef once again proves why it's one of the best reality/competition shows on TV right now. Great show last night. I'll be shocked if Blais doesn't win the whole thing.

b_illin
01-20-2011, 12:17 PM
The Buried Life is a great show...love the vibe.

2nd season of Eastbound and Down was too funny....I have taken heat for this, but I think I liked it better than the 1st season.

b_illin
01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Can't remember if I asked this already, but does anyone else watch American Pickers? Great show.

Doctego
01-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Can't remember if I asked this already, but does anyone else watch American Pickers? Great show.

Love Pawn Stars and am starting to like American Pickers. I used to hate it but it started growing on me. Other channels are starting their own versions. My wife got me watching Storage Wars but they keep running the same episodes.

pjm
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Parks and Recreation came back, along with all the other decent comedies on NBC last night. Parks is such an amazing show from season 2 and on, easily one of my favorites out there right now.

Office was great last night too. I hear Steve Carrell will be out before the end of this season and I've also heard Ricky Gervais will appear in the Office at some point... not sure if he is going to have a major ongoing role or just a cameo.

b_illin
01-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Love Pawn Stars and am starting to like American Pickers. I used to hate it but it started growing on me. Other channels are starting their own versions. My wife got me watching Storage Wars but they keep running the same episodes.

I'm not huge on Pawnstars but I recorded a bunch from the last season. The grandpa cracks me up...he's hilarious.

Parks and Recreation came back, along with all the other decent comedies on NBC last night. Parks is such an amazing show from season 2 and on, easily one of my favorites out there right now.

Office was great last night too. I hear Steve Carrell will be out before the end of this season and I've also heard Ricky Gervais will appear in the Office at some point... not sure if he is going to have a major ongoing role or just a cameo.

Ricky Gervais sucks - I've never understood why ppl find him funny. (and I'd have said that before the gafuffle at the Golden Globes)

phaneuf6
01-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Ricky Gervais is brilliant.

The Office this week was hilarious.

b_illin
01-22-2011, 02:50 PM
^ I think he's a swarmy little fuck and I'd like to punch him in his swarmy face.

ih8music
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Smarmy?

Unless he reminds you of bees, that is... ;)

b_illin
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Smarmy it is! :)

nyrblue2
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
The me of a year ago is ashamed that the current me has watched all of Jersey Shore this year. Freakin women and their powers of mind control...

b_illin
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
The me of a year ago is ashamed that the current me has watched all of Jersey Shore this year. Freakin women and their powers of mind control...

fist pump

Hamsterkill
01-24-2011, 01:33 PM
fist pump

Did you mean 'bump' here? I'm not sure a fist pump is the correct gesture to give in response to that.

b_illin
01-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Did you mean 'bump' here? I'm not sure a fist pump is the correct gesture to give in response to that.

you don't watch jersey shore I take it

YouTube - Jersey Shore Fist Pump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UfYtmzCJGY&feature=player_embedded

phaneuf6
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Jersey Shore is actually hilarious though, I've gotten into it too.

b_illin
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I love it...it's hilarious. (yet to watch this season though)

boredguy
01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
I know everyone says things like Jersy Shore is what's wrong with TV nowadays. But really watching people be idiots for entertainment goes back a long long time.

b_illin
01-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Ricky Gervais is brilliant.

The Office this week was hilarious.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/article/927624--video-ricky-gervais-s-past-as-an-80s-pop-singer

:lol::lol::lol:

Spartan
01-25-2011, 09:25 PM

Love Pawn Stars and am starting to like American Pickers. I used to hate it but it started growing on me. Other channels are starting their own versions. My wife got me watching Storage Wars but they keep running the same episodes.Just curious, I've probably watched every episode of Pickers.

Are those guys a couple? They kind of act that way, but I don't think it has been confirmed either way. Not that it matters but I get that vibe.

Doctego
01-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Just curious, I've probably watched every episode of Pickers.

Are those guys a couple? They kind of act that way, but I don't think it has been confirmed either way. Not that it matters but I get that vibe.

I don't know but can't say that this was the first time I wondered the same thing.

snoopzen
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
I know everyone says things like Jersy Shore is what's wrong with TV nowadays. But really watching people be idiots for entertainment goes back a long long time.The few times I've actually watched Jersey Shore I thought I could literally feel myself getting dumber. And angrier.

habsfan1
01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Has anyone watched Spartacus? Is it good? Thinking about buying it on dvd.

b_illin
01-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Just curious, I've probably watched every episode of Pickers.

I don't think so...and have never gotten that vibe. They've been buddies since grade 8 I think...I always got the best buddy vibe, not the lover vibe.

--------------------------------------------

I can't get into Bob's Burgers...I tried and I don't dislike, I just don't care.

fancy19
01-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I want to watch ROME, heard it was pretty good but was cancelled after 2 seasons due to the massive budget.

Spartan
01-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Watched Archer for the first time last night. Was hilarious, added to my DVR list so I can catch them all.

snoopzen
01-29-2011, 08:05 AM
I watch VERY little TV these days, but I did catch an episode of Outsourced this week and thought it was really good. I don't know how it started off (not well, from the sounds of the beginning of this thread) but it was pretty solid.

Also, a good buddy of mine is in InSecurity, a new comedy on CBC. It's a bit silly at times, but surprisingly good for a Canadian comedy. It's worth a looksee, anyway.

HABS_FrEaK
01-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Thursday's episode of Parks and Recreation was amazing! One of the best, just so funny.

It's probably my favorite show of the Thursday line up now that it's back

b_illin
01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Thursday's episode of Parks and Recreation was amazing! One of the best, just so funny.

It's probably my favorite show of the Thursday line up now that it's back

That was a pretty funny episode. Go(o)d writing this season so far.

ih8music
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
That was a pretty funny episode. God writing this season so far.
Well, if they have The Almighty Himself writing the shows, it's gotta be good. :lol:

b_illin
01-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, if they have The Almighty Himself writing the shows, it's gotta be good. :lol:

Whoops :lol::lol:

HT9
02-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Haven't been following this thread but has anyone watched Californication? I'm loving on this show.

b_illin
02-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Haven't been following this thread but has anyone watched Californication? I'm loving on this show.

One of the best!

phaneuf6
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Dragons Den anybody?

two24four
02-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Dragons Den anybody?

Love both of these shows.

ih8music
02-12-2011, 04:08 AM
What about An Idiot Abroad (http://science.discovery.com/tv/an-idiot-abroad/) on Discovery Science? I find it pretty freaking hilarious.

pjm
02-12-2011, 04:52 AM
What about An Idiot Abroad (http://science.discovery.com/tv/an-idiot-abroad/) on Discovery Science? I find it pretty freaking hilarious.

I will reference myself at the start of this topic back in November:

Oh, another show I forgot to mention that also just concluded their first (and only season): An Idiot Abroad. Hilarious travel-type show. Produced by Ricky Gervais. Follows a guy, Karl Pilkington, around to the 7 wonders of the world, and he hates every minute of it... amazing show, check it out.

YouTube - Karl Pilkington in An Idiot Abroad: First Look Sneak Peek Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpePyoqbtJ0)

:D

That was before it was picked up by Discovery though

ih8music
02-12-2011, 05:29 AM
I will reference myself at the start of this topic back in November:

:D

That was before it was picked up by Discovery though

Ha ha. Yep, you picked it first. Great show, though.

b_illin
02-12-2011, 12:39 PM
I quite like Being Human.

Will have to check out that Idiot Abroad - when's it on?

Hamsterkill
02-12-2011, 01:19 PM
I quite like Being Human.

It's still no where near as good as the British.

b_illin
02-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Raising Hope is a tad cheesy, but it's silly so I laugh.

HABS_FrEaK
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Wow that had to be one of the best 1st tribal councils ever :lol:

mrtybrodur30
02-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Wow that had to be one of the best 1st tribal councils ever :lol:"I'm a Federal Agent" haha that guy is an idiot. Those 2 chicks knew they couldnt trust him and they were right.

I just want to see Russell dominate again, he's great tv.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM

Love this show! Freaking hysterical.

I haven't popped in for a while or read back through recent comments... so this show may have been mentioned earlier but anyone ever watch The Walking Dead ?

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ1NjY3ODM5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYzNzQ5Mw@@._ V1._SY317_.jpg

Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.

--

My friend is shipping me season 1 and he says it's really good. Like "it will blow you away" good. AMC has put out some spectacular television series in recent times so I am stoked on checking this one out. IMDb gives it 9/10 stars.

Side note -- I'm supa excited for Nurse Jackie season 3 to start up at the end of the month. Plus new Merlin episodes are coming too. :D

HT9
03-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Just starting breaking bad, after the first three episodes I am very intrigued.

b_illin
03-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Walking Dead is really good, but not blow-you-away good

canuckthug
03-09-2011, 09:09 PM
sponge,
walking dead had its own separate thread. i think they only had 6 episodes for the 1st season. pretty well made show overall. zombies look cool and stuff and the desolate world they live in also seems believable.
http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?t=66125

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
sponge,
walking dead had its own separate thread. i think they only had 6 episodes for the 1st season. pretty well made show overall. zombies look cool and stuff and the desolate world they live in also seems believable.
http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?t=66125

Ahh I will check it out. Do you know if they picked it up for a 2nd season ?

Just starting breaking bad, after the first three episodes I am very intrigued.

It only gets better!

Guys, don't we get a new season of BB this summer ? I can't remember... feels like forever ago.

canuckthug
03-09-2011, 09:32 PM

if memory serves, i think that thread is filled with spoilers, so be warned..
2nd season? i think so, not sure, watch the 1st season and you can be the judge...

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-09-2011, 09:37 PM
if memory serves, i think that thread is filled with spoilers, so be warned..
2nd season? i think so, not sure, watch the 1st season and you can be the judge...

ahh thanks. I will avoid the thread after all. :D

Hamsterkill
03-09-2011, 10:06 PM
2nd season was confirmed last I checked.

ih8music
03-09-2011, 10:45 PM

It only gets better!

Guys, don't we get a new season of BB this summer ? I can't remember... feels like forever ago.

I think I read that production on the new season began in Jan and episodes will air this summer (June I think). Can't wait!

mrtybrodur30
03-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I think I read that production on the new season began in Jan and episodes will air this summer (June I think). Can't wait!It will air in July unless they changed it recently, havent checked anything on it, but they said they are going to be showing some 5 minute webisodes before season 4.

b_illin
04-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm 11 minutes into last week's Apprentice and john rich already seems like a huge dick..monster chip on his (tiny) shoulders about being seen as a bumpkin (of course I watch the whole episode after I post this and he seems like a good guy :))

wow, Meatloaf has serious rage issues!

phaneuf6
04-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm 11 minutes into last week's Apprentice and john rich already seems like a huge dick..monster chip on his (tiny) shoulders about being seen as a bumpkin (of course I the whole episode after I post this and he seems like a good guy :))

wow, Meatloaf has serious rage issues!

Jon Rich is a great guy I think. That's the impression I get.. good head on his shoulders business wise too.

Meatloaf might have a rage issue but Gary Busey is a strange, strange man. It's gotta get frustrating at some stage to have to work with him on every task.

Raja
04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Anybody watch the Killing? I thought it was solid, but started slow like very other show AMC has put out.

Hamsterkill
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Anybody watch the Killing? I thought it was solid, but started slow like very other show AMC has put out.
I didn't mind the slow start. It's a series that has potential, especially since it's based off a succesful show across the Atlantic. Too early for me to give it a thumbs up, though.

abusiveninja
04-11-2011, 04:06 PM

I didn't mind the slow start. It's a series that has potential, especially since it's based off a succesful show across the Atlantic. Too early for me to give it a thumbs up, though.

I don't think it's fantastic, but it does have me interested. I think the acting is brutal, though.

Hockeyis#1
04-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Ok, I really am annoyed by this....

How can you say "Oh I wanted to win money for my charity" (Celebrity Apprentice incase that's not clear), and then nominate yourself to be fired? You can't win money for your charity if you get fired.....

It's like Star Jones said early on....she's there to fight for her charity and she's not going to just give up.

Seriously, Trump had Busey lined up in the crosshairs and Mark McGrath decided that he needed to jump infront of that bullet......

Jon Rich did the same thing the week before.

phaneuf6
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM

How can you say "Oh I wanted to win money for my charity" (Celebrity Apprentice incase that's not clear), and then nominate yourself to be fired? You can't win money for your charity if you get fired.....

It's like Star Jones said early on....she's there to fight for her charity and she's not going to just give up.

Seriously, Trump had Busey lined up in the crosshairs and Mark McGrath decided that he needed to jump infront of that bullet......

Because you take responsibility for your actions. I don't doubt that all of them want to win money for their charity, but sometimes it's your fault and you have to own up to it. Mark McGrath came up with the pirate concept and so it was his ass if he got fired.

b_illin
04-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Friday Night Lights is back!

Does anyone watch Traffic Light? It's kinda funny...I enjoy it. Chicago Code is not bad either.

CayugaPosse
04-15-2011, 05:03 AM

I want to preface what I'm going to say here with the fact that I watch, and am a fan of Celebrity Apprentice...so by no means is this meant as a "you're so dumb how do you watch that crap?" post.

You're putting WAY too much thought into this show.

You know why Mark McGrath got fired over Gary Busey? Because no one gives a flying fuck about Mark McGrath, and Gary Busey is the biggest selling point the show has.

McGrath said one little thing. Gary Busey offended the lady from the company they were working with, physically shoved his teammate and arguably lost them the entire task. Trump honed in on that one thing because it was a way to avoid firing Busey.

You don't really think Donald Trump is keeping Gary Busey around all this time because he sees "something in him" do you? He's keeping Busey because he equals ratings. Donald Trump is not a stupid businessman. He may be a rediculous megalomaniac, but he is not a stupid businessman. The show is supposed to be a search for the best businessman of the group. If this were truly a real job interview, Gary Busey would be the first one fired because he's a fucking lunatic. This ain't that though, same with Cyndi Lauper the last time, these are the people they sold the show on before it started, they're not leaving early.

pjm
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
The 'Talking Funny' HBO special that aired recently was fascinating. Ricky Gervais, Chris Rock, Louis C.K, and Jerry Seinfeld simply talk about comedy. Fantastic stuff.

phaneuf6
04-26-2011, 01:32 PM
What's the consensus on Jerry Seinfeld here anyways? I don't find him the least bit funny.

b_illin
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I liked his show in the 90's (though not as much as everyone else) and he is a funny guy, but he's not the comedy god that some think he is.

ih8music
04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
What's the consensus on Jerry Seinfeld here anyways? I don't find him the least bit funny.
Loved "Seinfeld" but that was largely due to the supporting cast & the writing. Haven't cared much for (what I've seen of) his recent projects. He used to be good as a standup comic, but I haven't seen him in that forum in ages.

pjm
04-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Loved "Seinfeld" but that was largely due to the supporting cast & the writing. Haven't cared much for (what I've seen of) his recent projects. He used to be good as a standup comic, but I haven't seen him in that forum in ages.

Yeah, pretty much same for me. They talked about it a little on the Talking Funny special. Jerry just has a different style of comedy... very clean, pure observational comedy. I think it's great but I can see why some don't find it that funny.

CayugaPosse
04-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Seinfeld was a brilliant TV show. I guess some of it depends on when you watched it. If you were around when it was on TV live, so many episodes were so groundbreakingly funny for just representing an every day life like no show ever beforehand(the Chinese Restaraunt, the Parking Garage, etc).

Jerry Seinfeld wasn't super beloved because he starred on that. He was super beloved because he's the dude that did that writing. He and Larry David oversaw every single script, they have writing credits on every episode in that show's history.

I like Jerry's comedy, don't love it. He's nowhere near the level of any of the other three on that Talking Funny special in my eyes(Louis CK is light years ahead of everyone in standup right now). But he's a comedy icon for creating one of the most goofy, awkward, and hilariously "real" TV shows of all time, which also was a monumental success.

I guess that's from the viewpoint of a "die hard" fan. I don't consider him the greatest standup, never have. I think Larry David had more to do with the show's success than he did, but he certainly had a huge hand in it's success. That said, Seinfeld remains one of the great, quotable comedies to ever air on TV. I could sit and watch that show any time I flip to it, any episode, and still laugh despite probably having seen it 20 times.

Hamsterkill
04-26-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't find Jerry's standup comedy to be that funny, but the TV show was brilliant.

b_illin
06-13-2011, 08:14 PM
I watched the first episode of The League a year or so ago and wasn't blown away, but just watchedit agaib along with the 2nd/3rd episodes and it's pretty hilarious.

Kyle
06-18-2011, 08:37 AM
(Louis CK is light years ahead of everyone in standup right now)

Been preaching this for months. Hes on fire!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Any specific specials of Louis CK that are must see? He has always cracked me up but I haven't had much time for tele lately. I have been wanting to get my hands on a few more pieces of standup comedy though.

Also -- anyone seen "The Big C" on showtime yet ? Curious if it's worth a watch....

Raja
06-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Shameless is hilarious, but all of his stuff is. I think his show is my favorite out of all of the "stand up comedian getting their own show" thing.

nyrblue2
06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I watched the first episode of The League a year or so ago and wasn't blown away, but just watchedit agaib along with the 2nd/3rd episodes and it's pretty hilarious.
Yea, you should keep watching through the end of Season 2. It passed It's Always Sunny for my favorite comedy show. The Birthday Song in the first episode is spectacular.

I actually took a break from the music at Bonnaroo one afternoon to see The League: Live (comedy tour). It was Taco, Andre, Kevin and Ruxin doing their stand-up, along with some other extra fun stuff. Kevin (Steve Rannazzisi) and Taco (Jon Lajoie) were hilarious (Lajoie does musical comedy, playing songs on his guitar like Stephen Lynch, hence his musical stuff in the TV show), Andre (Paul Scheer) wasn't that bad, Ruxin (Nick Kroll) was god-awful.

Doctego
06-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I found The League to be decent at best in season 1 but season 2 was awesome.

b_illin
06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Does anyone watch Summer Heights High? It's fucking weird, but funny in a way. The main guy plays 3 roles - a drama teacher named Mr. G, a 16 yr old girl named Ja'mie and a 13 yr old boy named Jonah. It's fucking scary how well he plays a teenage girl. Jonah is hilarious. Worth a watch. (it's Australian btw)

boredguy
06-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Waiting almost a year for the next Game of Thrones episode is gonna suck, only thing i really hate about the short seasons on the premium cable channels, longer break in between.

Least True Blood and Breaking Bad are back soon, gotta check out Falling Skies as well though it looks pretty cheesy.

b_illin
06-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Tell me about it - I hate having to wait! (especially for Game of Thrones with the way that it ended!)

There is fuckall on TV these days...thank god for TMN/HBO on Demand! (I'm currently on Deadwood Season 1 as I never watched that show...I also never watched Carnivale - any good?)

Does anybody watch Friday Night Lights? I'm not digging the way they are wrapping it up so quickly....wished they spent less time on stupid big boob Julie Taylor being a slut at Uni and more time on football, etc.

Hamsterkill
06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Tell me about it - I hate having to wait! (especially for Game of Thrones with the way that it ended!)

Imagine being among those that had to wait years for the subsequent book to be released. :D

CayugaPosse
06-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Any specific specials of Louis CK that are must see? He has always cracked me up but I haven't had much time for tele lately. I have been wanting to get my hands on a few more pieces of standup comedy though.

Also -- anyone seen "The Big C" on showtime yet ? Curious if it's worth a watch....

His most recent one if you can find it(kind of a hard find), was called "Hilarious" and aired at Cannes film festival. It's by far his best, which is saying alot because I think he's the best standup comedian alive today.

moans
06-26-2011, 02:09 PM
THe first episode of Suits was pretty good. I'm looking forward to how it'll play out.

gogoayane
06-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Anyone watched the season premiere of True Blood last night?

fancy19
06-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Addicted to Game of Thrones - watched the first 6 episodes in the last 3 days.

Hamsterkill
06-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Addicted to Game of Thrones - watched the first 6 episodes in the last 3 days.
There's still the thread for it a little ways down this forum for anyone who wants to discuss it. :)

fancy19
06-30-2011, 08:34 AM
There's still the thread for it a little ways down this forum for anyone who wants to discuss it. :)

doh:$ thanks :)

fancy19
07-02-2011, 07:28 PM
So...I need a new series to watch..........

ih8music
07-02-2011, 10:28 PM
So...I need a new series to watch..........

I hear ya. Breaking bad season 4 starts in about 2 weeks... I'm trying to hold out until then.

Not a dramatic series at all, but I've grown fond of "Dual Survival" on discovery channel (I think?). Good show, even if it's obviously staged.

fancy19
07-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Anyone watch The Killing? I have the full season, worth watching? Either that or Trueblood I'm gonna start as I haven't watched either.

keyboard
07-16-2011, 04:28 PM
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2011/01/Gervais_1Sheet.jpg

Fantastic.

boredguy
07-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Anyone watch The Killing? I have the full season, worth watching? Either that or Trueblood I'm gonna start as I haven't watched either.

The Killing starts off okay but gets worse as it goes along. Each episode is pretty much set up the same. Season finale is pretty bad, i won't be watching the next season.

True Blood is way better, just gotta remember that it's intended to be campy/cheesy.

Hamsterkill
07-16-2011, 05:38 PM
The Killing starts off okay but gets worse as it goes along. Each episode is pretty much set up the same. Season finale is pretty bad, i won't be watching the next season.

True Blood is way better, just gotta remember that it's intended to be campy/cheesy.
I'll disagree. I actually thought The killing got better as the season went on. Starts slow, though. True Blood is like an edgier, more adult Twilight. With sex, blood, and nudity.

fancy19
07-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I'd like True Blood but I plan on watching with the wife....I'm open to any others as well....loved Dexter, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead...

Edit...2 friends basicallyl said true blood is hipster vamp porn LOL

b_illin
07-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Have you watched Breaking Bad? Friday Night Lights?

Hamsterkill
07-17-2011, 10:46 AM
The Borgias would be one I think you should try, fancy.

fancy19
07-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Gonna go with Breaking Bad, currently getting 3.1 MB/sec, woot

b_illin
07-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Does anyone watch 'Haven'? Any good?

Hamsterkill
07-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Does anyone watch 'Haven'? Any good?
I watch it. Nothing special in my opinion, though. It's kinda like a poor man's The 4400.

Eureka and Warehouse 13 are the Syfy (I still really hate typing that name) shows for the summer, I think, pending Alphas, anyway.

Doctego
07-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm really glad that Curb Your Enthusiasm is back.

keyboard
07-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm really glad that Curb Your Enthusiasm is back.

Indeed. And that Leon is still around.

gogoayane
07-19-2011, 09:13 AM
I'd like True Blood but I plan on watching with the wife....I'm open to any others as well....loved Dexter, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead...

Edit...2 friends basicallyl said true blood is hipster vamp porn LOL

True Blood is amazing... I would agree it's like an adult version of twilight but the character depth and storyline has been great. There'll be a few episodes that seemed flat but all great series need a few of those to build up the plot. There's not a lot of sex scenes or nudity... maybe once or twice an episode? :)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Happy Shark Week!!!

Doctego
08-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Watched episode 1 of Nurse Jackie. Seems like a keeper. Also rewatching Lucky Louie. Anyone who missed it when it was on for it's lone season, take a look (as long as vulgarity doesn't offend you).

keyboard
08-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Watched episode 1 of Nurse Jackie. Seems like a keeper. Also rewatching Lucky Louie. Anyone who missed it when it was on for it's lone season, take a look (as long as vulgarity doesn't offend you).

Nurse Jackie really gets annoying after the first season when every character becomes laughable in terms of realism. The young nurse she works with is pretty awesome though.

phaneuf6
08-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Entourage has sucked so far.

keyboard
08-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Entourage has sucked so far.

A truly overrated piece of shit show.

ih8music
08-04-2011, 01:41 AM
I think the first 3 seasons of Entourage were very good/sometimes great, seasons 4-6 were passable with some good moments, but season 7 was one of the worst things I ever bothered to watch.

I haven't caught anything from season 8 yet, but I don't have high hopes. Those characters are d-o-n-e.

fancy19
08-04-2011, 11:35 AM
excited for this for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWV8WZtAQc

WIS
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
A truly overrated piece of shit show.

I think the first 3 seasons of Entourage were very good/sometimes great, seasons 4-6 were passable with some good moments, but season 7 was one of the worst things I ever bothered to watch.

I haven't caught anything from season 8 yet, but I don't have high hopes. Those characters are d-o-n-e.

That's sad to hear. The last one I saw was When E marries Sloan (I think that's her name) at the end of the season. What season was that? I heard it got really good after that, but I haven't heard anything since...

ih8music
08-05-2011, 06:35 AM
That's sad to hear. The last one I saw was When E marries Sloan (I think that's her name) at the end of the season. What season was that? I heard it got really good after that, but I haven't heard anything since...
That was at the end of the 6th season, iirc.

WIS
08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
That was at the end of the 6th season, iirc.
So I'm behind a season plus some episodes..

boredguy
08-10-2011, 07:29 PM
This season of True Blood has been pretty bad, too many characters and storylines i just don't give a shit about. Bill as king just isn't interesting, Sam and his lame family were boring right from the start, Tara is annoying as ever and i continue to hope she gets killed off so i don't have to see her on my tv anymore, demon baby is just retarded. All the witch stuff is zzzzzz and is a waste of Lafayette's character. Also it's turning more and more Twilight with the Sookie stuff. They're also cramming way too many sidestories into each episode instead of focusing one episode on each, the stories aren't that intertwined, at least at the moment, that it just makes each episode seem jumbled.

Also, anyone watching Wilfred? It's not super funny and it tries a bit to hard to be quirky at times but Elijah Wood and dude who plays the dog interact well together and keep it entertaining.