PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo help

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
10-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Friend in my league has been locked out of his yahoo account for some bs and can't access his team anymore. This is a money league and he's fucked if he can't get in. Anyone have any ideas (other than using commissioner login) or yahoo contact for help?

keyboard
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Friend in my league has been locked out of his yahoo account for some bs and can't access his team anymore. This is a money league and he's fucked if he can't get in. Anyone have any ideas (other than using commissioner login) or yahoo contact for help?You can assign a co-manager to a team with a different login, I believe.

Cornholio
11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I have a question.
In leagues, where you need e.g. three minimum goalie starts or appearances - do the goalies have to START thoise three games, or does it count if they get ice time when the starter gets pulled?
Afaik, Yahoo! says, you need "appearances", that would not necesserily mean STARTS, right?
Thanks a lot!

doofdoof
11-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Each week, your goaltenders must reach the minimum of 3 appearances. If you fail to reach this mark, you will lose all of your goaltending games for that week.

This section will show you an updated total each morning. The numbers will appear red until you have reached the requirement.

Appearances counts in standard leagues.

Doctego
11-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I have a question.
In leagues, where you need e.g. three minimum goalie starts or appearances - do the goalies have to START thoise three games, or does it count if they get ice time when the starter gets pulled?
Afaik, Yahoo! says, you need "appearances", that would not necesserily mean STARTS, right?
Thanks a lot!

It is appearances and not starts. He just needs to be put in.

alias
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
this sounds like the right thread for this question....

In the league I commish I have a manager who has dropped out. I have a replacement ready to go and he wants to get in before the trade deadline (march 10) but is it possible to switch managers mid-season or will he have to wait until next year?

Gern Blansten
03-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Can you add him as a "co manager" via the commish tools? Not sure there is a way to totally replace someone via Yahoo.

Raja
03-01-2011, 09:18 PM
You definitely can with comanagement, but I'm pretty sure you need current owner cooperation for it to happen. Not sure if comish can do it themself.

alias
03-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Can you add him as a "co manager" via the commish tools? Not sure there is a way to totally replace someone via Yahoo.

I don't see anything under commish tools that has that option.

alias
03-01-2011, 09:28 PM
You definitely can with comanagement, but I'm pretty sure you need current owner cooperation for it to happen. Not sure if comish can do it themself.

I don't think that would be an issue. Do I need to e-mail Yahoo for it?

Shtand
03-01-2011, 09:32 PM
I looked through my commish tools and Raja is correct. The commissioner cannot add a co-manager, but everyone can do it personally for their own team.

So the old manager will have to do it himself. The option is under 'Edit Team Settings."

alias
03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I looked through my commish tools and Raja is correct. The commissioner cannot add a co-manager, but everyone can do it personally for their own team.

So the old manager will have to do it himself. The option is under 'Edit Team Settings."

Thanks! What info does the existing manager need? Or does he just create a co-manager account then give the new guy the info to log in?

Raja
03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
He has to email the new owner if I recall right, with an invitation to co manage with him.

alias
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
awesome. thanks guys!

Habber82
03-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I've done this before. Email Yahoo with all the league and team information. Give them the username and email of the new manager. They were able to change the managers for me without having to go the co-manager route.

Cornholio
03-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Can anyone tell me, what the "can't cut list" is?
I mean, I know what it is, but why is e.g. Kovalchuk not on that list, Semin / Byfuglien is.
What's the rules for that list??

Thanks!

phaneuf6
03-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Can anyone tell me, what the "can't cut list" is?
I mean, I know what it is, but why is e.g. Kovalchuk not on that list, Semin / Byfuglien is.
What's the rules for that list??

Thanks!

I think they change it every once in awhile during the season. It's basically just a list of players that, if dropped, could change the fairness and balance of a league. So at the beginning of the year, Byfuglien and Semin were on fire and those were big players, so they stuck them on there, while Kovalchuk was garbage so he was probably removed.

Cornholio
03-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Well, Kovy is CURRENTLY NOT on the cc-list.
And Buf + Semin are on that list.
That's why it makes no sense at all...

keyboard
03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
As a general rule you should avoid leagues with Can't Cut lists.

phaneuf6
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, Kovy is CURRENTLY NOT on the cc-list.
And Buf + Semin are on that list.
That's why it makes no sense at all...

It just hasn't been updated recently I guess...that's why I specified that it's updated 'every so often'.

+1

Habber82
03-14-2011, 04:23 PM

agreed. i don't know anyone who uses these in private leagues, but i imagine they are common in public leagues - which should also be avoided anyways!

Skate or Die
03-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Anyone else's stats for last night not showing up or counting in the matchup?

looch17
03-18-2011, 03:05 PM
This message is posted at the top of my league page so its probably a Yahoo issue.

We are aware of the issue with scoring not being applied for March 17th. We are currently working to resolve this issue, and will have league scoring updated as soon as possible.

alias
03-04-2012, 08:29 PM
if I have a player on my IR who is not IR'd anymore (Mueller) can I make a 1 for 1 trade or will it not go through?

Nomad_0024
03-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Won't go through as far as I know. Just like you can't make an add/drop.

gogoayane
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Not sure where to put this, but I noticed there's a new button now to "Start Active Players" that automatically start your active players from bench... didn't see it until recently and tried it today... it'll save those of us with tons of leagues a lot of time.

jeffoule
03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Not sure where to put this, but I noticed there's a new button now to "Start Active Players" that automatically start your active players from bench... didn't see it until recently and tried it today... it'll save those of us with tons of leagues a lot of time.

Nice thanks. It's a shame that they did not put a checkbox instead to automatically do it everyday

Raja
03-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think it saves that much time, especially when you have an extra player. I don't know how it decides who to put in, and for roto you might not necessarily want all the starts anyways. Convenient sometimes, but I'd still double check everything.

WIS
03-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Love it, that's awesome. So small I didn't even see it. I wonder when they implemented it. Big time saver and you don't need to press the Submit button. I like it!

gogoayane
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't think it saves that much time, especially when you have an extra player. I don't know how it decides who to put in, and for roto you might not necessarily want all the starts anyways. Convenient sometimes, but I'd still double check everything.

It's a good first step to get your guys in the line up, then ya you'll need to tweek (if you have more starters than available spots) based on your liking. Either way... it's awesome that you don't need to drag and drop that much anymore.

WIS
03-22-2012, 06:53 PM
It's a good first step to get your guys in the line up, then ya you'll need to tweek (if you have more starters than available spots) based on your liking. Either way... it's awesome that you don't need to drag and drop that much anymore.

Huge for mobile users like me. Then the only thing you have to tweak is a couple players on a busy night.