PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010-11 VENTING Thread...

Pages : [1] 2 3

lektrix
10-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I guess it's fitting that I create this thread since it was my most frequented, favourite thread last year...

-----

I'm hating myself right now...Found out Bob wasn't starting tonight, so I threw in Marty @ WAS at 6:59PM EST (he was previously on my bench) over Price just so I'd have a goalie to cheer for tonight...turns out Price was right and Marty was Fatso tonight :mad:. I love Marty and he's my favourite goalie but why the **** is he shitting the bed? ****ing Volchenkov is going IR after eating a puck and I'm still pissed we lost to Dallas last night for Christ sake!!!!!!

Top_scorah
10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Rask and Miller tonight ....arrrrghhh :(

keyboard
10-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Morrow, who I think is an awesome player, making me regret dropping him immediately.

ABC.com
10-09-2010, 09:13 PM
i benched price tonight and i betted on pits tonight and i lost .. . F***

keyboard
10-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Why the fuck was Rinne pulled? Fuck.

bearcats
10-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I was wondering whom would start this thread......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

glad to see it was lektrix....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol

Shtand
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Funny.. exact same situation for me. Benched Price is favour of Marty.. sonofa!

thehockeyguy79
10-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Why the fuck was Rinne pulled? Fuck.

Tweaked his knee. Played two minutes or so after the fall but then went off.

canuckthug
10-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I guess it's fitting that I create this thread since it was my most frequented, favourite thread last year...

-----

!!

nice. you and Howie Hoo Hoo... you guys will once again own this thread. :lol:

unsung_one
10-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Have both Luongo and Quick. I started Luongo...

Los Angeles won

szuturon
10-10-2010, 01:56 AM

-----

I'm hating myself right now...Found out Bob wasn't starting tonight, so I threw in Marty @ WAS at 6:59PM EST (he was previously on my bench) over Price just so I'd have a goalie to cheer for tonight...turns out Price was right and Marty was Fatso tonight :mad:. I love Marty and he's my favourite goalie but why the **** is he shitting the bed? ****ing Volchenkov is going IR after eating a puck and I'm still pissed we lost to Dallas last night for Christ sake!!!!!!

I've drafted Brodeur twice in a league with my friends. The first time... he went on IR for a few months... and I ended up dealing him for Turco to make sure I didn't default... Turco sabotaged my team that year.

This year it looks like Brodeur will simply play like Turco did that year and I'm dealing with the same problem all over again...

fleuryfan
10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I've drafted Brodeur twice in a league with my friends. The first time... he went on IR for a few months... and I ended up dealing him for Turco to make sure I didn't default... Turco sabotaged my team that year.

This year it looks like Brodeur will simply play like Turco did that year and I'm dealing with the same problem all over again...

Im kicking myself in the head for drafting Brodeur over Lundqvist. :$

Dexter
10-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Im kicking myself in the head for drafting Brodeur over Lundqvist. :$

Dude, we're 2 games in.

keyboard
10-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Dude, we're 2 games in.You can't criticize people in the vent thread, man. Not cool.

lektrix
10-10-2010, 03:59 PM

I've never owned Brodeur before in 7 years of fantasy hockey...NEVER....until this year when he fell to me at 12th and I took him reluctantly. My entire season is going to rest on a 38yr old..........

----

*vent* Thomas with a shutout, FML.....I'm hating HI right now. 4 days ago I could have landed Thomas/Kronwall for Leighton(IR)/White before Leighton hit the IR but everyone advised me not to accept it. Should've listened to my own gut feeling but instead followed HI consensus (not blaming anyone but myself)...Now Thomas gets a fk'in shutout :( and Leighton will probably be out until January......FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

boredguy
10-10-2010, 04:14 PM
You can't criticize people in the vent thread, man. Not cool.

Sure you can if they're being retarded.

Brody had a bad first few games last season too and still came out with a great season so it's definitely too early to worry.

keyboard
10-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Sure you can if they're being retarded.

Brody had a bad first few games last season too and still came out with a great season so it's definitely too early to worry.You can't. It's a vent thread. Venting is irrational. If it was rational it would just be normal criticism. You're telling me you haven't called a top player a "piece of shit"? That's venting.

boredguy
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Saying fuck you Brodeur for sucking ass so far is different then worrying about stud players 2 games in, but if it makes you feel better i'll vent instead.

What's with people being fucking retarded and worrying about stud players 2 games in, so annoying.

Doctego
10-10-2010, 04:44 PM
What's with people being fucking retarded and worrying about stud players 2 games in, so annoying.

That should go in the Pet Peeves thread.

:D

keyboard
10-10-2010, 04:50 PM
That should go in the Pet Peeves thread.

:DMy thoughts exactly. :lol:

Hey, while you're there add one for me about people coming into threads dedicated to complaining to tell people to stop complaining. :lol:

boredguy
10-10-2010, 04:52 PM
But if we're complaining about the complaining it's still complaining so still belongs here :P

keyboard
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
But if we're complaining about the complaining it's still complaining so still belongs here :PYou and I both know this thread isn't for complaining about anything outside of how your fantasy players are doing. :lol:

Dubz
10-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Why the fuck did they make the first week 2 weeks. Assholios...

pjm
10-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Lundqvist... my god. What a way to start out the season. Total of 8GA in your first 2 games, come on buddy i've got fantasy hockey matchups to win here!

madsci
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Lundqvist... my god. What a way to start out the season. Total of 8GA in your first 2 games, come on buddy i've got fantasy hockey matchups to win here!

Way to go, stud. More like sieve-tud.

bearcats
10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
wow, I am sure glad I drafted Perry and getzlaf to put up a few POINTS this season...........Pims are nice but!!!!!!!!!!score a goal already......

oh ya and for good measure poor Jonas Hiller FACK why did I draft him over S Mason...........

goon it up ducks seems like thats all you can do this year..........and fire Carlyle already for Chris+'s sake

nords
10-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I hate all of my Anaheim players.....you truly suck and Disneyland sucks too.

nords
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
and fire Carlyle already for Chris+'s sake

x2

nords
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks Lundqvist! Somebody needs to tell the Islanders that they are supposed to suck without their top 3 players.

keyboard
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM
On behalf of Thomas Vokoun:

Horcoff's goal was disputed as it appeared that he kicked it past Panthers goalie Tomas Vokoun. "It looked pretty clear to me," Vokoun said. "I don't know what else a kicking motion could be described as. It didn't surprise me that they counted it. They are trying to get the scoring up, so they are counting everything, I guess."

:lol:

lektrix
10-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Jesus, my Devils only dressed 15 players this afternoon? W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madsci
10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Jesus, my Devils only dressed 15 players this afternoon? W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that - that's nuts. Is it a cap thing? I seem to remember that happening to Cgy a year or two ago.

keyboard
10-11-2010, 11:55 PM
I saw that - that's nuts. Is it a cap thing? I seem to remember that happening to Cgy a year or two ago.Salary cap and injuries.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
10-12-2010, 02:42 AM
I saw that - that's nuts. Is it a cap thing? I seem to remember that happening to Cgy a year or two ago.

yup but they also have some injuries on D.. Still not a great situation atm. Looks like that Kovalchuk contract sort of maybe fucked them a little bit.

That being said -- Broduer and Fleury are fuckin killing me early. Drafted these two in a points league not for many other reasons than probability of winning games because wins are worth 10 pts a pop. I know it's early but I'd love to get *A* win... sometime soon ?

Assholes!

Top_scorah
10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I know its early but im really worried about Miller and Rask this year :(

madsci
10-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Miller doesn't have a Vezina trophy winner backing him up, at least. I don't know why I bought into the Rask-mania this year. I'm usually so cynical...

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
10-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Was I that drunk during my draft to select Vanek for the second year in a row?

fancy19
10-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Was I that drunk during my draft to select Vanek for the second year in a row?

Ouch....I think I drafted him the previous 2 years and hated my self for the the inconsistency given a max game positional based roto. On a side note, last night sucked playing Howard, Stastny and Stewart for zero points, zero PIMs, -5 rating and a loss at nets....

madsci
10-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I also want to tell Vanek to shape the fuck up.

chicagohockey
10-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I also want to tell Vanek to shape the fuck up.
Right there with you on Zherdev. WTF you looked fine in the preseason. Now he's averaging like 12:00 mins a game.

Same for Gagne

lektrix
10-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Haha Flames are a joke...Jokenen is no longer on the top line :(

keyboard
10-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Haha Flames are a joke...Jokenen is no longer on the top line :(Team looks very bad. Too bad I dropped Fisher for Horcoff and not Olli.

ovechkin
10-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Haha Flames are a joke...Jokenen is no longer on the top line :(
When did this happen? After the game? Should I be dropping him now?

ABC.com
10-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Man Calgary is going to have a tough season this year

lektrix
10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Near the end of the game, I saw Stajan playing on the top line :(

Dubz
10-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Near the end of the game, I saw Stajan playing on the top line :(

Pretty sure he played there last year.

Fucking injuries already:suicide:

lektrix
10-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Pretty sure he played there last year.

Fucking injuries already:suicide:
Yeah but Stajan just came back from a separated shoulder... and the Joke line was one of the hottest lines in PREseason. Someone tell them the season's started.

Chilly_Willy
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I wanted to attempt to move the IR Gripe discussion to the vent thread. Because I think it is a good discussion with valid points on both sides but it is cluttering up the injury thread big time

that does not ever happen. when a team puts a player on IR, yahoo puts the player on IR. what people are complaining about is when a team chooses to not put a player on IR.

it may be frustrating, but it is not unfair because everyone has to deal with the same rule.

Bus not everyone "has" to deal with that rule, only people that have injured players who's teams do not put them on IR. This makes it a luck factor because only teams in this situation have a disadvantage. Having limited moves is an example of a rule that everyone "has" to deal with.

Also in roto/points style formats with limited starts this is more of a nuisance but in H2H this is horrible, You can never recover those starts and week after week at least 1 category is decided by a very small margin. As many Yahoo leauges as there are I am willing to guarantee that there are teams that miss the playoffs that can directly be attributed to losses that could have been avoided because they could not replace a player not on IR.

In very dedicated leagues you could implement a rule where injured non-ir players can be dropped and only that team can pick them back up but it would have to be a leauge with a seperate manager and very dedicated managers who follow voluntary complicated rules. There are not many but i am in a few.

abusiveninja
10-15-2010, 11:34 AM
This makes it a luck factor because only teams in this situation have a disadvantage.

But doesn't the luck (or bad luck) begin with the player being injured in the first place?

You are asking the commish to bend the rules because of bad IR luck. Why not take it a step further and make it bad injury luck? I drafted Player X in the 3rd round and he went down with a season-ending injury. I would like the commish to replace him with another 3rd-rounder because my luck sucks.

You take the bad with the good.

Sometimes an injury-prone player like Gaborik gets through the whole season sans incident. Sometimes a guy like Pominville misses a week or two. Sometimes a team like the Caps puts Varlamov on IR immediately (Yahoo in turn). Sometimes a team like the Wings doesn't put Rafalski on IR.

Unless I am mistaken, every other facet of Yahoo Fantasy Hockey follows real hockey. Why should IR be any different?

EDIT: Also, what if a player gets suspended and you lose him for the week? Has the same effect, but would you ask your commish for leeway there?

madsci
10-15-2010, 11:38 AM
great. now the vent thread is cluttered up.

I want to vent about the vent thread being fucking cluttered up!

edit: jk.

Chilly_Willy
10-15-2010, 11:39 AM
No under no circumstance does a team get special treatment because of the injury itself. I am only saying that in the cases where there is an injury but the team does not change to IR status. That is where the line is drawn and nowhere beyond. Fantasy is a manager simulation and as a manager I want full control over what I do with an injured player. Yahoo takes that control and gives it to the real GM leaving fantasy GMs out to dry.

abusiveninja
10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Fantasy is a manager simulation and as a manager I want full control over what I do with an injured player. Yahoo takes that control and gives it to the real GM leaving fantasy GMs out to dry.

Ok, this is the best argument I have heard yet for that side. Solid. However, it is still fantasy... not real life. Only so much can be done.

But... I think if you could get a commish and fellow managers to agree that under certain special circumstances some special action could be taken then all is well. As long as your league is cool with it, why not?

I just hate hearing people bitch and moan about (1) real GMs/teams and (2) Yahoo... not that I think you are... I just mean in general.

mills0896
10-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Yahoo (or a good commish) can simply have a rule that when the coach confirms that a player won't play in the next game, he's instantly IR'd. If he's "unlikely" or anything other than "he won't play", too bad, no IR. In situations where they're intentionally vague with the media, as soon as the player doesn't suit up, IR him. Removal from IR would have the same rules - confirmed back by the coach, or at the latest is playing a shift, his status gets turned back to normal. It might not be 100% perfect but it would make everyone a lot happier. Yahoo won't do it because they're lazy, not because they want to be fair.

For commissioner prerogative, there'd be much less complaining because at least you'd have a say. You can keep emailing him until he loses his mind.

iknowkungfu
10-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Zetterberg C
Datsyuk C/LW

stupid stupid Babcock

that is all

killer93
10-15-2010, 07:51 PM
where the F is Sid Crosby.

Rocklobster
10-15-2010, 09:10 PM
he's making Tim Hortons commercials.

Chilly_Willy
10-15-2010, 09:22 PM
But people are whining that it is "unfair". If everyone has to deal with the same conditions, it isn't unfair. That's what is stupid about complaining about it.

Totally false considering that not everyone "has" to deal with it. Only the manager in the situation has to deal with it not everyone in the league which gives that manager an unfair disadvantage you can trace back to an ineffective IR system.

snoopzen
10-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Totally false considering that not everyone "has" to deal with it. Only the manager in the situation has to deal with it not everyone in the league which gives that manager an unfair disadvantage you can trace back to an ineffective IR system.He means "everyone" as in "everyone in the Yahoo system who happens to own that player."

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that the player is injured in the first place might not be perceived as fair by the fantasy owner of that player, but it's a random (and therefore not unfair) event. Injuries happen... this is real life, and we're talking about human players here, not robots.

Of course, you can try to mitigate your losses somewhat by studying past performances and avoiding those players who tend to get injured a lot. Guys like Gaborik, Havlat, Leclaire are known to be injury-prone, so if you draft guys like them you know that there's a better-than average chance that they'll get injured. But if one of them does go down with injury, you shouldn't expect any special consideration from Yahoo to deal with the situation.

The IR system that Yahoo has in place isn't geared to make things easier for fantasy owners... it's based on real life as well. If the NHL team doesn't place the player on their IR, then it's silly to expect Yahoo to independently make the decision to put the player on IR on its own.

Pavelec collapses on the ice... Concussion issues. Atlanta puts him on IR, Yahoo puts him on IR.

Patrick Sharp was sidelined a little while ago, also with concussion issues. Should he have been put on IR? Maybe, but he's back and scored 2 goals tonight.

Wouldn't it be stupid if Yahoo threw the IR designation on anyone who left the game early or missed a game due to injury? When should Yahoo make that call, anyway? After one game? After three games?

Should they increase their staff to comb the boxscores of every game and track injury reports and call NHL club training staff for daily progress updates?

Should they wait until they get a predetermined amount of angry emails from owners (who may or may not be convinced that Yahoo is out to personally screw their team)?

Or should Yahoo simply do what they're doing now and wait until the NHL club adds a player to their own official IR list? This seems like a reasonable way to go for a (not to beat a dead horse) FREE system.

The bottom line is that while you may not like the way the IR system is implemented, it is applied equally for EVERYONE in the Yahoo system. You, as owner of Player X, are not treated differently from any other owner of that same Player X.

alias
10-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Have Yahoo choose a select set of known leagues with avid poolies & uber-sharp commissioners (like all of us :D). I'm sure there are plenty of leagues run by Yahoo employees so these could be the select group of leagues. Allow these commissioners to "self-IR" players and when 50% of these leagues "self-IR" a guy that player is IR'd in all of Yahoo. The player is taken off IR the day following his first game back.

Flame away.

flavour
10-15-2010, 11:15 PM
so far all the solutions to this 'problem' are 100x more complicated than how it is done now. simple is better, otherwise nobody will understand why one guy is ir and another isn't.

as for the fair argument, i'll say it again, the system now is completely fair because there is no judgement or bias involved. it simply follows a rule. any other proposal involves some kind of judgement on what allows you to pick up an extra player. i have lost games so far from tavares, spezza, kane. which should have allowed me to pick someone up? i could make arguments for all of them, one of them, or none of them.

Cornholio
10-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Taking faceoffs, then goes for a change

alias
10-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Kane & Clarkson each a -5 already? You're killing me!

Chilly_Willy
10-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I just dont understand the resistance. If the associated press receives numerous reports a player is out put them on IR how is that even remotely complicated?

jimmycolorado
10-16-2010, 05:22 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34f1ym1.jpg

I love public leagues. League review of trades is the only way to go. Only morons put decisions in the hands of capable, iron-fisted commissioners.

(This is a Winners League, btw, but yes, I only have myself to blame.)

bearcats
10-16-2010, 08:19 PM
brassard sighting...............1 assist

Gern Blansten
10-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Fuck you and your 1-4-1 record to start the season, Marty!

WIN NOW, SUCK LATER!

ABC.com
10-16-2010, 08:48 PM
WTF . . . Vokoun got a shutout tonight and I didn't play him . . . DAMN!!!

And what the hell is up with Duncan Keith . . . he has done nothing so far this year

Top_scorah
10-16-2010, 09:05 PM
fuckin shit i knew i should of drafted Thomas to secure my boston wins... now he'll steal Rask's starts and im so fucked in goalies argghhhh!:(

szuturon
10-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Fuck you and your 1-4-1 record to start the season, Marty!

WIN NOW, SUCK LATER!

ummm... no... WIN NOW... WIN LATER... SUCK IN PLAYOFFS PLZ AND TY!

lektrix
10-16-2010, 09:27 PM
How are my top-2 picks failing me?

BRODEUR.

GREEN.

GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Fking Thomas :evilgrin:.

snoopzen
10-16-2010, 09:45 PM
I just dont understand the resistance. If the associated press receives numerous reports a player is out put them on IR how is that even remotely complicated?So I asked this before, and didn't really get an answer. What's your cutoff point, Chilly? At what point does an injured player need to go onto IR, if he hasn't been put there by their NHL club?

In other words, after a player misses one game, does he need to be put on IR?
After two games?
Five games?

Do you expect the commissioner of your league to be combing the injury reports from every team in the NHL on a daily basis? That's not realistic.

Do you expect your commish to be scanning associated press reports on a daily basis? Less onerous than the last one, also not realistic.

Or do you plan on sending reminder emails to the commish and that'll be how he knows to give YOUR player IR status? That would get really old really fast, don't you think?

I happen to think that if the commissioners had the arbitrary power to give players IR status, there'd be a lot more whining from managers AND a lot more complaints about the fairness of the commish. Look at jimmycolorado's post... imagine what that commish would do with MORE power.

Doctego
10-16-2010, 09:55 PM
No under no circumstance does a team get special treatment because of the injury itself. I am only saying that in the cases where there is an injury but the team does not change to IR status. That is where the line is drawn and nowhere beyond. Fantasy is a manager simulation and as a manager I want full control over what I do with an injured player. Yahoo takes that control and gives it to the real GM leaving fantasy GMs out to dry.

If you want full control then you need to completely remove IR status from your leagues and go with the honor system that you described. As pertaining to IR status, I see no reason for a fantasy manager to be able to put a player on IR that has not been placed there by his actual team.

flavour
10-17-2010, 12:37 AM
ellis you idiot, of all the teams you could shit the bed against i figured florida was safe.

WasteOfTime
10-18-2010, 04:15 PM
i know its early, but i'm pretty pissed that i drafted marc andre fleury so far.

DarkValiant
10-18-2010, 04:47 PM
i know its early, but i'm pretty pissed that i drafted marc andre fleury so far.

Seconded.

Chilly_Willy
10-18-2010, 07:42 PM
There are enough people that disagree that I can agree to disagree. I do disagree though I can't for the life of me think why someone would agree that real life IR suits fantasy purposes. I haven't even mentioned retro-active IR yet when a player is basically placed on retro status for cap reasons and is put on IR for a half a day before they come back from a 6 week injury.

To answer your question I think DTD status is fine but after 2 or 3 games of no show I think IR is worthy,. Last season Gonchar was DtD for like 5 frick'n weeks. Not Kurtis Foster, Not Matt Carle. Sergei fucking Gonchar a top 5 fantasy defenseman. Manager should have been able to IR him the game after the injury news. 2-3 games is an entire week of H2H starts for some teams and managers should deserve to have a replacement without loosing that player. But I understand about a manager not wanting to go through that but some will. There are pretty reliable news reports and fantasy tools out there that list who is injured by team and how long they are out, as a manager I could make Thursday IR day, if your guy has been out 2-3 days by Thursday he goes on IR, if he skates by next Thursday I take him off. Pretty simple IMO

bearcats
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
piss me off........I forgot to activate Downie from my farm team yesterday...........FACK!

Motorcat
10-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Brian "fucking" Elliot

I thought about sitting him against the Pens tonight but NOOOOO, had to start my first goalie pick up of the year.

I'll be digging out the rest of the week.

:dead:

fleuryfan
10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Brian "fucking" Elliot

I thought about sitting him against the Pens tonight but NOOOOO, had to start my first goalie pick up of the year.

I'll be digging out the rest of the week.

:dead:

Agreed! I feel the same way and did exactly
What you did lol :(

lektrix
10-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Can't believe all these shitty goalies are outperforming MB30. Terrible luck. I just can't draft the right goaltenders every year.

DarkValiant
10-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Gagne, I'm a patient man, but you're starting to piss me off.

killer93
10-19-2010, 04:13 PM
guys, any idea when or if they are putting Gaborik on the IR? Seeing as how he's got a separated shoulder and all....

alias
10-19-2010, 04:53 PM
So I asked this before, and didn't really get an answer. What's your cutoff point, Chilly? At what point does an injured player need to go onto IR, if he hasn't been put there by their NHL club?

In other words, after a player misses one game, does he need to be put on IR?
After two games?
Five games?

Do you expect the commissioner of your league to be combing the injury reports from every team in the NHL on a daily basis? That's not realistic.

Do you expect your commish to be scanning associated press reports on a daily basis? Less onerous than the last one, also not realistic.

Or do you plan on sending reminder emails to the commish and that'll be how he knows to give YOUR player IR status? That would get really old really fast, don't you think?

I happen to think that if the commissioners had the arbitrary power to give players IR status, there'd be a lot more whining from managers AND a lot more complaints about the fairness of the commish. Look at jimmycolorado's post... imagine what that commish would do with MORE power.

How about when Yahoo makes a note of it? They usually are pretty quick to throw a note on a guy that he is injured or hurt.

pjm
10-19-2010, 04:56 PM
guys, any idea when or if they are putting Gaborik on the IR? Seeing as how he's got a separated shoulder and all....
Probably a day after the Rags put him on IR.

This one is pretty cut and dry and we're all waiting on the actual NHL team but most injuries that occur during the season are not nearly this clear. Does Mike Green belong on the IR? He 'tweaked' his shoulder or whatever and has already missed one game. Does Vinny Lecavalier belong on the IR? He had a swollen finger and wasn't able to grip his stick well enough to play last night. What about the teams that don't disclose injury information as readily as other teams? Who should decide if they belong on IR?

It's not a perfect system but at least it's not someone within the depths of Yahoo holding arbitrary IR power... i think that would cause WAY more problems that what we have right now. Position eligibility is a pretty arbitrary designation too - what a clusterfuck that can be.

keyboard
10-19-2010, 05:32 PM
You guys should show how pissed off you are by not paying for Yahoo!'s fantasy services anymore. That will show them you mean business.

Chilly_Willy
10-19-2010, 07:28 PM
You guys should show how pissed off you are by not paying for Yahoo!'s fantasy services anymore. That will show them you mean business.

This is a BS statement and I am sick of it. If you are going to corner the market with a free service it doesn't absolve you from addressing issues. Not when you have a user group this big. Does no one bitch about linix/unix? Do a Google search my good friend.

So lets say a system of IR'n a player based on news gets it wrong a bit here and there, what exactly is the harm in a player going on IR status vs a player who is actually injured not going on IR. A player can still get stats if you have him active in your roster no mater what his status is. So which is the lesser of 2 evils? Case and point whats up with Gaborik already? H2H managers are already pulling their hair out and its only been a few days. And this system isn't broken?

lektrix
10-19-2010, 07:30 PM
If Thomas gets a shutout I'm gonna go ballistic...

He should be on my roster, not fuckin Leighton...

bearcats
10-19-2010, 07:31 PM
If Thomas gets a shutout I'm gonna go ballistic...

He should be on my roster, not fuckin Leighton...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Chilly_Willy
10-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I can't think of a worse target market for the T.Ocho Thank you Versus having hockey but fuck you TO-CHO

lektrix
10-19-2010, 08:25 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If Thomas gets the W, I'm gonna go ballistic..........
jk, no shutout, I'm happy. Carlson zeroes, I'm happy too.
Can't wait for mother f'in Green to come back and rip open a new asshole.....

------

Cullen just might outpoint Koivu this year. I can't believe this bullshit.

dw13
10-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Cullen just might outpoint Koivu this year. I can't believe this bullshit.

:wtf:

a0102030405
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Clarkson :nono:

-6, 12 PIM, 0G, 0A.

keyboard
10-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Cullen just might outpoint Koivu this year. I can't believe this bullshit.Do you even watch hockey?

This is a BS statement and I am sick of it. If you are going to corner the market with a free service it doesn't absolve you from addressing issues.Actually, having a monopoly on a product allows you not to have to address issues. And you aren't even talking about a real issue, you're bitching about fantasy not instantly reflecting real life in a sport that probably generates the lowest traffic for Yahoo! out of the major 4/5. You need a reality check badly.

Top_scorah
10-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Rask will never get to play if Thomas keeps winning like this...FML

lektrix
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Do you even watch hockey?

Cullen-Clutter-Havlat look pretty good to me.

lektrix
10-19-2010, 09:28 PM
5-1 Minny and nothing from Koivu. I think everyone on the top-6 has points but him. Oh well, still satisfying watching Luuuuuuuu get raped :D.

fancy19
10-19-2010, 09:34 PM
5-1 Minny and nothing from Koivu. I think everyone on the top-6 has points but him. Oh well, still satisfying watching Luuuuuuuu get raped :D.

Why do u hate Luongo? F-U Luongo!

lektrix
10-19-2010, 09:34 PM
VENTING = RESULTS.

1 measly assist from Koivu!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE! But I think everyone on the top-6 has 2 points now...

As a Brodeur fan, I'm enjoying every f'in second of this. LUUUUUUUUUUU, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

hobbes555
10-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Luongo.

Just. Luongo.

Sigh.

unsung_one
10-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh my freakin' God, Luongo!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry if I offend anyone, but damn)

2 periods in so far and you let in 6 GOALS?!?!?!?

Edit: gotta throw some vent juice Neuvirth's way.
W (0) + GAA (9.45) + SV% (.714) = Damn my ass hurts

Chilly_Willy
10-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Do you even watch hockey?

Actually, having a monopoly on a product allows you not to have to address issues. And you aren't even talking about a real issue, you're bitching about fantasy not instantly reflecting real life in a sport that probably generates the lowest traffic for Yahoo! out of the major 4/5. You need a reality check badly.

I beg to differ, a user community can and will have feedback on an issue if a service is free or has a monopoly. Heck go check the mozilla boards. Also the solution I presented doesn't even impact leagues that don't want to exercise it. Don't understand the hate.

Jizmak
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Fuck you Lu. And fuck you too Koivu. At least if my goalie is getting shelled, you could ease the pain with some points, but noooooo. Bastard.

Edit: 1 PPA so far doesn't count! Your weak attempt at mollifying me isn't good enough!

Hamsterkill
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Jesus, I don't think a single one of my goalies has made it through an entire OT without giving up a goal. Rinne today, screwing over his SO.

killer93
10-19-2010, 10:51 PM
This is a BS statement and I am sick of it. If you are going to corner the market with a free service it doesn't absolve you from addressing issues. Not when you have a user group this big. Does no one bitch about linix/unix? Do a Google search my good friend.

So lets say a system of IR'n a player based on news gets it wrong a bit here and there, what exactly is the harm in a player going on IR status vs a player who is actually injured not going on IR. A player can still get stats if you have him active in your roster no mater what his status is. So which is the lesser of 2 evils? Case and point whats up with Gaborik already? H2H managers are already pulling their hair out and its only been a few days. And this system isn't broken?

excellent post. I think the problem is here is we are too reliant on those two letters. IR. they should keep that system, when the team puts him on IR, Yahoo does. But they need to introduce one more benching system for all injured players. The injury shouldn't even matter. If he's hurt and misses a game, he's 'out.' You take him out, you grab another player. It's so easy, it's so simple. When he plays again, Yahoo doesn't even have to do anything that very moment. You put him back on your team, drop someone so you can activate him and Yahoo can come around later and clear his health.

snoopzen
10-20-2010, 01:47 AM

So lets say a system of IR'n a player based on news gets it wrong a bit here and there, what exactly is the harm in a player going on IR status vs a player who is actually injured not going on IR. A player can still get stats if you have him active in your roster no mater what his status is. So which is the lesser of 2 evils? Case and point whats up with Gaborik already? H2H managers are already pulling their hair out and its only been a few days. And this system isn't broken?I see what you're saying, and I've seen it from the get-go. It does make sense.

Not to be a dick, but I think the problem I'm having with this here IR hypothetical situation is that I just can't work up enough anger about this to really care about it all that much.

One response:
"Hey, Gabby's injured, but not on IR yet."
"I know! That's total BS! The Rangers and Yahoo are sabotaging my fantasy hockey team, and I'm not going to take it any more! I know one anonymous Yahoo staffer who's going to get a VERY sternly worded email! Maybe several!"

My response:
"Hey, Gabby's injured, but not on IR yet."
"Stupid Gaborik. Knew I should've traded him while he was healthy."
"Yeah, but what about the Rangers and Yahoo not putting him on IR yet?"
"Oh, right. Well, whaddya gonna do?"

madsci
10-20-2010, 08:08 AM
excellent post. I think the problem is here is we are too reliant on those two letters. IR. they should keep that system, when the team puts him on IR, Yahoo does. But they need to introduce one more benching system for all injured players. The injury shouldn't even matter. If he's hurt and misses a game, he's 'out.' You take him out, you grab another player. It's so easy, it's so simple. When he plays again, Yahoo doesn't even have to do anything that very moment. You put him back on your team, drop someone so you can activate him and Yahoo can come around later and clear his health.

Why not crowdsource it? If some percentage of Y! users put a guy on DL, then he's given DL status. Hard to imagine how the system could be abused. Once a certain percentage take him off, he's off.

Problem solved.

Hamsterkill
10-20-2010, 08:32 AM
How would users put him on it before he gets the eligibility? Or if this slot is completely open to any player, what prevents the abuse of a manager using it as an extra bench slot?

madsci
10-20-2010, 08:36 AM
How would users put him on it before he gets the eligibility?

Y! makes the change: a DL slot that's available for any player any time. The only time enough people would stick a guy in that slot is if he's actually injured.

Hamsterkill
10-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Y! makes the change: a DL slot that's available for any player any time. The only time enough people would stick a guy in that slot is if he's actually injured.
So it's basically just an extra bench slot then...

madsci
10-20-2010, 08:40 AM
So it's basically just an extra bench slot then...

Except that when a guy's on DL/IR, you gain an extra roster spot. Like now.

edit: only difference is instead of some guy in a Yahoo cubicle making the decision, or real GMs, you put it in the hands of the fantasy guys, and use crowdsourcing to determine a guy's injured status. Nothing major.

Hamsterkill
10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
So you're just suggesting the ability of a manager to in effect 'vote' for the injured status of a player? I still see opportunities for a abuse there, with managers trying to vote all their bench players to get IR status in the hope there's enough like them that do the same to use IR slots as bench slots. And then there's managers who will just vote all their players IR since there's no restriction on IR players earning points.

If a manager can only have on player voted to have IR status at a time, by way of use of a special bench slot, coincidence could easily find a player getting IR status who simply doesn't have a game that night.

madsci
10-20-2010, 09:02 AM
I think those issues are pretty easily solved. First, you keep it as it is now - one or two (or three) IR spots per team based on your league settings. Second, if the average league has 4-5 bench spots, and only 1 IR slot, odds are pretty slim you trick the system. Only if a guy is really injured would enough managers all put the same guy in the IR slot. Finally, there's no real advantage to putting a guy in the slot if he isn't injured. It would take 24h for the numbers to identify him as injured, another 24h for you to add a guy, at which point the guy you put in the slot is playing again.

I'm not saying there are no issues, though I think they're few. I'm saying this is one approach that may balance making fantasy more independent of the decisions of Y! or NHL managers, which happen for different reasons.

keyboard
10-20-2010, 09:45 AM
I beg to differ, a user community can and will have feedback on an issue if a service is free or has a monopoly. Heck go check the mozilla boards. Also the solution I presented doesn't even impact leagues that don't want to exercise it. Don't understand the hate.You think Firefox has a monopoly on browsers like Yahoo! does on fantasy sports? Seriously?

madsci
10-20-2010, 09:48 AM
You think Firefox has a monopoly on browsers like Yahoo! does on fantasy sports? Seriously?

Well, there's Netscape for one.

alias
10-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm going to post this again as it seems some people missed it....I think this is a good idea.

Have Yahoo choose a select set of known leagues with avid poolies & uber-sharp commissioners (like all of us :D). I'm sure there are plenty of leagues run by Yahoo employees so these could be the select group of leagues. Allow these commissioners to "self-IR" players and when 50% of these leagues "self-IR" a guy that player is IR'd in all of Yahoo. The player is taken off IR the day following his first game back.

Flame away.

Chilly_Willy
10-20-2010, 10:23 AM
You think Firefox has a monopoly on browsers like Yahoo! does on fantasy sports? Seriously?

Dude at this point I have to say you are just trolling if you need to be this nit picky. :lol: "As of September 2010, Firefox was the second most widely used browser, with 22.96% of worldwide usage share of web browsers, according to Net Applications.Other sources put Firefox's usage share between 20% and 32%." It was likely even higher going back to days before chrome and others probably with a market majority position. If you think that is not enough market for a monopoly mentality just look at General Motors. Maybe we should encourage an open source fantasy community, hmm :lol:

Anyway what I am taking away from this discussion is that the current IR system does have problems:
Some people want it left alone because they either don't see a better solution or don't care. Others want to see a feature that allows fantasy IR status independent of the NHL team because the NHL has IR rules that allow guys to be injured and not on IR endlessly. Whether that feature is yahoo controlled, commissioner controlled, or self imposed is up for discussion. But after hearing the arguments on the other side there is still nothing there that dissuades me from feeling the yahoo IR system is a complete joke and needs to be addressed one way or another.

iknowkungfu
10-20-2010, 11:50 AM
The IR matches up 1 to 1 with the NHL team, isn't that enough reason to make this a non discussion?

If the player isn't on IR why should a fantasy team be able to IR him or else people would be voting to IR DTD skaters and crap like that

If there's a flaw it's in the NHL's IR system, Yahoo just matches what the teams do, if maybe a day late

WasteOfTime
10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Last night my opponent picked up and started Tim Thomas against Washington and got paid off big time, meanwhile my Luongo let in 6 goals against the perennially terrible offense of Minnesota. This year blows dick so far.

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm here to vent about the IR vents in here. Fuckin-A, the last few pages are full of meaningless hypotheticals from pissed off managers who probably drafted Gabby, it's your own stupid fault for drafting this guy. Live and learn fellas, the IR debate is fucking meaningless. Every year it's the same old same old, I forget who, Maybe Lu and/or Gonchar or a couple others I had on my team last year were wasting away in my lineup while injured. What was there to bitch about? Just made me manage a bit better and try to swing some more trades (none of which ever happened anyway).

Anyway, I am avoiding the injury thread for this reason, now I'll probably avoid this one as well, yeah, yeah, no one cares...

alias
10-20-2010, 01:24 PM
The IR matches up 1 to 1 with the NHL team, isn't that enough reason to make this a non discussion?

If the player isn't on IR why should a fantasy team be able to IR him or else people would be voting to IR DTD skaters and crap like that

If there's a flaw it's in the NHL's IR system, Yahoo just matches what the teams do, if maybe a day late

It's not the same though. If an NHL team is able to retroactively IR a guy for cap relief why aren't fantasy managers able to IR a guy retroactively, and put someone in his spot for some additional points?

keyboard
10-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Dude at this point I have to say you are just trolling if you need to be this nit picky. :lol: "As of September 2010, Firefox was the second most widely used browserSo just to clarify, you think a monopoly means being second? Good to know.

Chilly_Willy
10-20-2010, 03:50 PM
So just to clarify, you think a monopoly means being second? Good to know.

Just to clarify you continually spin the context of these posts just to be insulting. If you read my posts nowhere do I ever state Firefox is a monopoly. But if you need to feel like you got the last word I'll say something incorrect and you can post a last word and feel like the better than me witty man you are. :beer:

2+2 is 5

keyboard
10-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Just to clarify you continually spin the context of these posts just to be insulting. If you read my posts nowhere do I ever state Firefox is a monopoly. But if you need to feel like you got the last word I'll say something incorrect and you can post a last word and feel like the better than me witty man you are. :beer:

2+2 is 5
I beg to differ, a user community can and will have feedback on an issue if a service is free or has a monopoly. Heck go check the mozilla boards. Also the solution I presented doesn't even impact leagues that don't want to exercise it. Don't understand the hate.

Why did you use Firefox as an example? It makes no sense. You brought up an idiotic example and accuse me of "spinning" the conversation because I point it out? Then to prove you didn't mean to represent Firefox as an example you bring up statistics to try to argue that it's widely used.

It was likely even higher going back to days before chrome and others probably with a market majority position. If you think that is not enough market for a monopoly mentality just look at General Motors.Well played. :lol:

Chilly_Willy
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Well nowhere in that statement does it say Mozilla has a monopoly? So ya lost me. But glad you are entertained none the less.

keyboard
10-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Well nowhere in that statement does it say Mozilla has a monopoly? So ya lost me. But glad you are entertained none the less.
Watching you backpeddle is almost as laughable as your original argument. Anyway, continue your little rant against the free service not updating fast enough for your public leagues. I'm sure it has a meaningful point that many will agree with and most won't wish you would shut up about.

abusiveninja
10-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I am always on the wrong side of empty net goals. Destroys my +/-.

Chilly_Willy
10-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Watching you backpeddle is almost as laughable as your original argument. Anyway, continue your little rant against the free service not updating fast enough for your public leagues. I'm sure it has a meaningful point that many will agree with and most won't wish you would shut up about.

Sounds good, maybe I'll even post some more things you can cut out of long posts and twist way out of context to change the topic from fantasy hockey into something that is a personal insult. Cause its not about discussing opinions its all about attacking the poster, right?

I'll stand completely converted that because a service is free and has a monopoly on the user community that to even mention something is broken and could be better is a flame-able offense, my bad. :lol:

keyboard
10-20-2010, 09:00 PM
I'll stand completely converted that because a service is free and has a monopoly on the user community that to even mention something is broken and could be better is a flame-able offense, my bad. :lol:I think you need to look up the following words in the dictionary:

Monopoly.

Broken.

pjm
10-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok Pronger lets get a point sometime soon. Your summer ended a while ago.

saveur
10-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Tuukka Rask...

pjm
10-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Ok Pronger lets get a point sometime soon. Your summer ended a while ago.

See, you just gotta call a guy out and he responds. PPA, nice.

PMStick
10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Fuckin stupid Samsung Omnia piece of shit. I pay like 25.00 a month for a bogus Data-Transfer fee to go online and I can't pull Tim Thomas out of my starting lineup because this phone doesn't have the capability? booooooooooooo

killer93
10-23-2010, 10:02 PM
does Rick Nash even play hockey anymore? what a horrifically bad start to the season. hell, 2 of his 3 goals were bad angle luck goals and the 3rd was an empty netter. And too boot he's off the pk now it seams. lol. get rid of this bum, I am as soon as I find someone stupid enough to buy his hype.

Krown&Coke
10-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Screw the bruins, how could they drop a game to the rangers at home. No gaborik, no durry and yet they still find a way to lose to the sad sack blueshirts.

Thanks a ton for showing up ... in your own barn

lektrix
10-23-2010, 11:13 PM
NJ getting raped at home? Crawford or Bob losing a third period lead? What else is new?

chadw01
10-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Talk about getting raped, Khabibulin is in for all 6 against the Sharks..

flyt300
10-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Stephen Weiss where the hell are you???
I've given a reprieve to Iginla, Vermette, and Voracek cause they are "perkolating", but Weiss has been a waste of a roster spot. :( WTF?

bearcats
10-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Stephen Weiss where the hell are you???
I've given a reprieve to Iginla, Vermette, and Voracek cause they are "perkolating", but Weiss has been a waste of a roster spot. :( WTF?

I hear this....weiss is very close to getting his walking papers from one of my teams.....wake up weiss!!!!!!!

Boogaard
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Nick Backstrom had better get it going. I'm getting embarrassing offers for him from self proclaimed suave GMs. This shit has got to stop, Nick. Do it.

Also, Semyon Varlamov: Fuck you, pussy.

lektrix
10-24-2010, 08:16 PM
My fucking Devils might not even make it to the playoffs to lose in the 1st round :(.

Ginu09
10-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Niemi, you better sleep with one eye open tonight. In fact, you better not be sleeping at all cause you were definitely taking a nap in net you piece of sh!t :mad:

Jake
10-24-2010, 10:39 PM
NFL Vent-
Please just allow it this once. I am in a close week and just watch 3 touchdowns get overturned in one game, 2 legit (Harvin) and one shitty call (Shaincoe) and had my third option Thomas take a run 70 something yards only to get taken down at the one....then they gave it to Charles to finish the drive.

Fuck Rask and Neimi, but more than anything fuck me for going against EVERYTHING I stand for and doing the very thing I warn my friends who dont follow hockey as closely as I do and drafting young established goalies.

fleuryfan
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Gomez = shit!

lektrix
10-25-2010, 09:38 PM
JJ and Whitney on WW but I wasted my #3 waiver on the first day of the season on Crawford. FCUK :(. And missed out on Tao. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH, Gilbert, and lack of Green, is KILLING MY D.

alias
10-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Dammit! Forgot to play Price today. This is a league I won last year and I'm in 9th right now....I can't afford to bench these stats!

DarkValiant
10-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Good lord Fleury is.. soo... bad.. /wrists.

a0102030405
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
8 players playing, and my stat line for the night reads

0G, 0A, -8 and 2 PIM.

pjm
10-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Ovechkin and Green really need to start producing some goals

a0102030405
10-27-2010, 09:10 PM
we're up to -11. How the fuck is that even possible?

Gern Blansten
10-27-2010, 10:14 PM
:mtr:NJ:evilgrin:NJ

fleuryfan
10-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Damn devils are horrible :( my first round brodeur is getting punched around and it isn't his fault.

$T$
10-27-2010, 10:24 PM
F U Varlamov.... your career as a Cap is over.

bearcats
10-27-2010, 10:36 PM
wow its a fuc8ing david clarkson sighting..........finally a goal

lektrix
10-27-2010, 11:10 PM
1. Brodeur
2. Green

First two picks are not letting my team reach full potential.

deebmxer
10-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Neuvirth on bench last night.

deebmxer
10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
8 players playing, and my stat line for the night reads

0g, 0a, -8 and 2 pim.

omfg

lektrix
10-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Fucking New Jersey. Fire JMac and hire HitchCOCK. PLAY THE TRAP WE DONT CARE. We need you to go 0.666 the rest of the way. GO 666 GO!!!!!!!!!

lektrix
10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Is Shane Doan going to do anything? Guy is getting top PP minutes and not producin. 3-0 vs Osbad and nothing.

madsci
10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Fuck. Howard and Bryz playing against each other, so I bench Bryz and start Howard. Osgood's playing. No goalie stats tonight.

(on a side note, Osgood's let in three in the first, so maybe we'll see Howard yet.)

Bure96
10-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Is Shane Doan going to do anything? Guy is getting top PP minutes and not producin. 3-0 vs Osbad and nothing.
You know he didn't play the last three games, right?

a0102030405
10-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Vokunn fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Top_scorah
10-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Wolski scratched tonight wow.. what do we do with this guy?

a0102030405
10-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Wolski scratched tonight wow.. what do we do with this guy?

he just missed a team meeting. Don't worry he'll be back next game ;)

lektrix
10-28-2010, 10:16 PM
OH MY FKIN GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Dropped Jokenen for Budaj 2 days ago just to suffocate my opponents.

Got bored and inserted Budaj last second for shits and giggles..just so I could have a game to cheer for tonight.....and JOKENEN SCORES HIS 1ST ON BUDAJ??? Tim Jackman 1st? MATT STAJAN 1st? IM NOT GIGGLING OR AMUSED AT THIS SHIT!!!!!!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keyboard
10-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Budaj is ruining my COL bet. That fourth goal was unreal.

lektrix
10-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Up one, if Colorado loses this game I'm gonna lose it.

saveur
10-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Have a UNDER 45.5 Grand Salami bet... the COL-CGY game is killing me.

lektrix
10-28-2010, 10:51 PM
2 posts, could have been 7-4.

saveur
10-28-2010, 10:56 PM
OT please.

lektrix
10-28-2010, 10:58 PM
5-5, going to bed. COL hits two posts, then gives the puck away in their own zone for an automatic GA. And I say easy because Budaj fucking blows. CGY wins 6-5, book it. Fucking Brodeur, Budaj = slump breakers.

keyboard
10-28-2010, 11:00 PM
It's frustrating because COL has been giving the puck away on stupid passes in the defensive zone all period.

Why COL isn't playing defensive hockey up 1 goal with 6 minutes left considering how bad Budaj has been is fucking incredible coaching.

Powerplay for COL, finish strong here.

lektrix
10-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Have a UNDER 45.5 Grand Salami bet... the COL-CGY game is killing me.

Nice win. Fuck Vegas, 11 goals to go and somehow they fucking set the line 0.5 away from the total. It's rigged I tell ya :D.

It's frustrating because COL has been giving the puck away on stupid passes in the defensive zone all period.

Why COL isn't playing defensive hockey up 1 goal with 6 minutes left considering how bad Budaj has been is fucking incredible coaching.

Powerplay for COL, finish strong here.

Ok I lied, watched every second of it. The best defense is offense, which they were doing for 18 minutes until that gaffe. How many shots did Calgary have in the third, 3 SOGs?

I'm going to bench Budaj in 2 days in favour of my "studs" and he'll shutout CLS, just watch......

Gawdddddddd this was not worth it. 5GA, 5 heart attacks, and loss of sleep for a fluky 'W' and some "shits and giggles" and it hasn't even been 1 month into the season yet...Thank God Karlsson ain't much better....

a0102030405
10-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Thank God Karlsson ain't much better....

Karlsson is always a winner, because of this.

http://www.recklesscaution.com/misc_hockey/karlsson-fistpump.gif

DarkValiant
10-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Damn Kopecky, -5. Really?

killer93
10-29-2010, 10:01 PM

I just came here to post this. I'm a minus every night it seams but tonight, -9 and Kopecky -5. dear lord!

lektrix
10-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Please Brodeur, do not get a shutout on the day I bench you. Thank you.

lektrix
10-29-2010, 10:09 PM
As I type this, Anaheim scores 1. Slump breakin' NJ helps Jason Blake. LMAO.

Rocklobster
10-29-2010, 10:24 PM
i had crawford slotted in as my 2nd G tonight. turdco shits the bed and crawford replaces him but he also gets the loss. afkljdfaskjadfhjasdjh

lektrix
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Benched Brodeur and they finally win? Always start your studs........:mad::mad::mad:

flavour
10-30-2010, 12:35 AM
kane, kovy, parise.

wake teh fuck up already.

Rune Forumwalker
10-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Streit, Markov, and Gaborik was enough. Not you too Anderson. :(

Cornholio
10-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Jjust dropped him in my two leagues, where I owned him.
Don't think, he will play as good as the first games, also because Hossa's injury

Top_scorah
10-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Can someone please score on tim thomas !?? Wow!

flavour
10-30-2010, 08:01 PM
with my last draft pick i chose bulin over thomas :(

Buckethead
10-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Fml

DarkValiant
10-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Sigh, benched Lundqvist in one league and played against a guy with him in in another.

Boourns.

Rocklobster
10-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Sigh, benched Lundqvist in one league and played against a guy with him in in another.

Boourns.
same here, decided with neuvirth and halak. in another league i played dipietro and ward.

snoopzen
10-30-2010, 09:34 PM
I own Brent Johnson in about 4 leagues, and had him (and his shutout) benched in all of them. Had Lundy benched in another one, too.

bearcats
10-30-2010, 10:43 PM
kiprusoff and all the flames...........I was hoping for a decent game from you tonight.....even 4 goals 26 saves 30 shots would have been enough..........I hate all flames and want to stick iginlas stick so far up both sutter's asses it comes out of thier mothers mouth........

Chilly_Willy
10-31-2010, 12:38 AM
Karlsson is always a winner, because of this.

http://www.recklesscaution.com/misc_hockey/karlsson-fistpump.gif

hahaha that is hilarious

Chilly_Willy
10-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Streit, Markov, and Gaborik was enough. Not you too Anderson. :(

I'm in the same boat, Streit, Howard, Anderson, Savard, Mueller All players I drafted before the season started before their injuries, not IR stashes.

lektrix
10-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Wow.....guy in my league has Luongo, Varlamov(IR), Thomas, and BJ. Thomas and BJ, two shutouts from two backups in the same night? I have never seen this before. What bs. Why did I pick Brodeur first? Why?

DarkValiant
10-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Wow.....guy in my league has Luongo, Varlamov(IR), Thomas, and BJ. Thomas and BJ, two shutouts from two backups in the same night? I have never seen this before. What bs. Why did I pick Brodeur first? Why?

I'd say it's pretty evident right now that Thomas isn't comfortable with being called a backup.

lektrix
10-31-2010, 01:07 AM
I'd say it's pretty evident right now that Thomas isn't comfortable with being called a backup.

I can't believe I passed the chance to acquire him for Leighton in the preseason. Can't believe it.

ancienthistory
11-01-2010, 09:51 AM
No wonder Penner didn't anything when EDM scored 7 goals, now that he's on the third line!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
11-01-2010, 01:59 PM
This is the first year that I've owned Broduer and I am kicking myself in the face thinking about all the other goaltender possibilities that were available to me when I drafted him. Fuck.

I really just need wins and shut outs b/c it's a points league with max starts that I own him in. 15 points per win and like another 5 for shut outs. I was sure between Fleury and Broduer I would be racking up plenty of the W's. :dead:

Fleury has been a huge bag of shit and actually worth a negative amount of points to date and while Marty has put up a few wins and shut outs he isn't the safe bet start I was hoping he would be. Amazing that my team sits in 2nd place atm with how bad my goaltending has been.

:mad:

Rocklobster
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
fuck, first i hear jordan staal breaks his hand at practice and is out 6 weeks, and now i hear parise is having arthroscopic surgery? I know there is no cartilage damage or anything like that but wtf

alias
11-01-2010, 08:13 PM
sophomore players piss me off. I dont think I'll ever draft one again in a yearly league. Friggin' Tyler Myers on pace for 27 points and he's already a -10! He was a +13 last year!

bearcats
11-01-2010, 10:14 PM
anyone else not able to get yahoo? server seems to be down for me....

DarkValiant
11-01-2010, 10:15 PM
anyone else not able to get yahoo? server seems to be down for me....

Working for me.

bearcats
11-01-2010, 10:18 PM
hmmmm....

connection refused is the comment that comes up on a blank white screen...weird

lektrix
11-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm not even going to vent about NJ & Brodeur. Just SAD. SAD SAD SAD. Getting shutout by Lu. Sad day for NJ fans all over the world.

NJ @ CHI on Weds? Benching Brodeur again for 4th straight :).

DarkValiant
11-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm not even going to vent about NJ & Brodeur. Just SAD. SAD SAD SAD. Getting shutout by Lu. Sad day for NJ fans all over the world.

NJ @ CHI on Weds? Benching Brodeur again for 4th straight :).

What's sad is the lineup NJ fielded tonight. Good lord.

lektrix
11-01-2010, 11:58 PM
What's sad is the lineup NJ fielded tonight. Good lord.

They actually outshot VAN and outplayed them in bits and pieces of the game. Some puck luck for both sides and they could have lost 4-2 or something. Not the 3-0 bullshit :rolleyes:.

alias
11-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Goddamn it Yahoo. Why do you reset my roster changes when I simply add a FA? Now Halak's pitching a shutout on my bench.

keyboard
11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Pitching a shut out?

DarkValiant
11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Pitching a shut out?

Fairly common expression, at least where I'm from.

Pitch as in setting up, not pitch as in throwing a baseball.

keyboard
11-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Fairly common expression, at least where I'm from.

Pitch as in setting up, not pitch as in throwing a baseball.Right.

DarkValiant
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Le sigh, my H2H team is hurting. No Thornton for the rest of the week. No Hossa, Briere, Gagne, Parise or Huselius either.

killer93
11-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Dang, Holtby on the bench in favor of Raycroft. Just dumb bad luck there.

chadw01
11-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Chara -4 tonight :(

Rocklobster
11-05-2010, 09:03 PM
canes defense is killing me.... wtf guys it's florida!

PMStick
11-05-2010, 09:06 PM
...all three goalies of mine pulled tonight? Seriously?

lektrix
11-05-2010, 09:14 PM
NJ getting shutout.

DarkValiant
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Seriously Gionta, learn to aim. For the love of god.

abusiveninja
11-06-2010, 06:02 AM
I have Neuvirth and Rask. Seriously? Fuck me.

WasteOfTime
11-06-2010, 11:44 AM
all marc andre fleury owners should be on this thread religiously. this guy cost me a high pick and he's a worthless piece of shit. i took him in round 7 of an 8-teamer draft so thats still pretty high relatively, and its one of the worst fantasy hockey picks i have ever made so far.

edit: also, look at that team in my sig. that team has lost every week so far to teams whose players are not having unimaginably bad beginnings to their season. that sentence doesnt make much sense. but suffice to say, my team is off to a slow start.

alias
11-06-2010, 12:26 PM
christ....near the bottom of the standings in a league I won last year but in each category I'm at or near the top. :nono: just going up againt hot teams. I know it'll turn around eventually, its just so damn frustrating.

Sandman
11-07-2010, 08:42 AM
MAF you are nothing but a piece of cow dung you little mother fucking stat killer. Your god dam parents should be shot for not sticking with oral the night you were conceived.
You better pray I do run into you on the street or anybody in your family for that matter.
Start saving a few %$^%# pucks.

Hoo Hoo Howie
11-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Why do I keep starting Khabibulin? What's wrong with me?

Hamsterkill
11-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Perhaps for the same reason I keep starting DiPietro? Because Ryan Miller is hurt and Bobrosvsky is stealing all the starts from Boucher?

bearcats
11-10-2010, 08:09 PM
FUCK! I forgot to recall Brassard up from my farm the other day after placing Doan on the IR!!!!!!!!!

3 A already tonight.....

WasteOfTime
11-10-2010, 09:53 PM
un-fuckin-real. my goalies lose every night. luongo isn't good now? 6 goals against for brent johnson, including 5 in the third period of a game you were winning 4-2? patrick kane???? how the fuck did I end up picking every single guy who is starting terribly this year?
my team was 21-1 last year and I'm already 1-3 in a money league that has earned me over a grand in the past few years. fuck everyone on my roster. fuck them in their worthless asses. fuck that fucking list of top picks that caused me to pick these people. fuck going to work every day and looking forward to watching hockey at night only to see that I cant enjoy it because my fantasy team sucks dick.

Dexter
11-10-2010, 09:55 PM
8 goals for columbus.. not one point for stralman.

alias
11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
un-fuckin-real. my goalies lose every night. luongo isn't good now? 6 goals against for brent johnson, including 5 in the third period of a game you were winning 4-2? patrick kane???? how the fuck did I end up picking every single guy who is starting terribly this year?
my team was 21-1 last year and I'm already 1-3 in a money league that has earned me over a grand in the past few years. fuck everyone on my roster. fuck them in their worthless asses. fuck that fucking list of top picks that caused me to pick these people. fuck going to work every day and looking forward to watching hockey at night only to see that I cant enjoy it because my fantasy team sucks dick.

sounds like fantasy hockey for you is.....a waste of time.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$T$
11-10-2010, 10:14 PM

No Doubt... I'm in the same boat.

And for fuck sakes Kovalchuk, you go again tonight with no fucking pts, and then just EPIC FAIL in the shootout. (I know I can't get any points for the shootout but for fuck sakes, at least put some effort in.) I think I'm done drafting any russian other than Ovy from now on.

Gern Blansten
11-10-2010, 10:23 PM
No Doubt... I'm in the same boat.

And for fuck sakes Kovalchuk, you go again tonight with no fucking pts, and then just EPIC FAIL in the shootout. (I know I can't get any points for the shootout but for fuck sakes, at least put some effort in.) I think I'm done drafting any russian other than Ovy from now on.

Mmmmm, yeah.....

Loving my pre-draft trade for Kovalchuk. I mean who wouldn't want a guy who just scooped a $100m contract thats on track for 17g, 28a 45pts, 5ppp???

pjm
11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
sounds like fantasy hockey for you is.....a waste of time.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

Yeah Kovalchuk has been a waste of space so far.

flavour
11-10-2010, 11:22 PM
fuck you kovy! fuck you new jersey for ruining him! you don't sign a guy for 100 mil and then disrespect him. it just makes no sense. fucking first time i pick parise too and the douche is hiding an injury. fuck off!

habsfan1
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Cam Ward 13 shots 4 goals and Dan Ellis 25 shots 5 goals:

What have you fuckin' done for me lately

Hamsterkill
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
fucking first time i pick parise too and the douche is hiding an injury. fuck off!
Clearly he wanted to screw over Eric Staal in the fantasy league they're in together.

lektrix
11-12-2010, 07:49 PM
New Jersey............

Gern Blansten
11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
New Jersey............

:suicide:

mike550
11-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Kovalchuk should be scratched. What a mess of a player right now!

lektrix
11-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Funny how venting works.

4-3, Kovy OT wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenar!

mike550
11-12-2010, 09:50 PM
KOVVVVY!!!! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER BABY!!

Now THAT was funny timing!

DarkValiant
11-12-2010, 10:31 PM
To be fair, it took a PP in overtime for him to finally score and he played like shit the rest of the game.

lektrix
11-12-2010, 11:45 PM
To be fair, it took a PP in overtime for him to finally score and he played like shit the rest of the game.

Why take 10 shots when you can take 1 to win it all in epic fashion?

boredguy
11-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Fuck that was brutal by Bryzgalov. 5-2 game, under a minute left and the fucker gives up 2 goals turning a decent start from him into shit aside from the W.

PMStick
11-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Fuck that was brutal by Bryzgalov. 5-2 game, under a minute left and the fucker gives up 2 goals turning a decent start from him into shit aside from the W.

x2...he irks me

Cornholio
11-14-2010, 05:01 AM
Benched Raymond and Vanek, guess who scored game winning goals last night :wtf:

habsfan1
11-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Cam Ward 13 shots 4 goals and Dan Ellis 25 shots 5 goals:

What have you fuckin' done for me lately

Cam Ward again, might have cost me my week.

Tavares last 7 games, 2 assists, -5. Come on man.

bearcats
11-14-2010, 11:26 AM
markov and the habs doctors......FUCK......looks like he came back to early......

bearcats
11-14-2010, 03:04 PM
god damn it I was going to add Frolov last night but went with the hot hand of Saku Koivu for a pick up.....well at least I was quick enough to grab frolov for saku today.....

keyboard
11-14-2010, 03:41 PM
People really need to stop making moves based on when a team plays EDM.

bearcats
11-14-2010, 04:10 PM
People really need to stop making moves based on when a team plays EDM.

its not a move based on a team playing against edmonton at all, it si a move based on Frolov playing with Gaborik now that he is back

phaneuf6
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Benching Frolov to play Hall makes me look super retarded..

WasteOfTime
11-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Looks like my ass will be firmly planted in this thread this season...

Pekka Rinne. You are just flat out disgustingly bad at hockey. Hang em up buddy. Your shitty team that scores like 1.5 goals per game just spotted you a 3-0 lead...they even had the courtesy to score another goal after that, probably the most they have scored all year. And what do you do? You allow 5 goals on 20 shots. You suck dick. You felch. Yep. You felch. And enjoy it. Fuck you.

boredguy
11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Rinne's stats are certainly worth bitching about but you can blame most of it on the rest of the Preds. Leafs spent about 15 minutes of the period on the pp, with multiple 5 on 3's. Couldn't blame Rinne on any of the goals.

abusiveninja
11-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Rinne's stats are certainly worth bitching about but you can blame most of it on the rest of the Preds. Leafs spent about 15 minutes of the period on the pp, with multiple 5 on 3's. Couldn't blame Rinne on any of the goals.

That's why I think GAA/etc should somehow be measured for PPGs and ESGs. If skaters get special credit for PPPs (and it doesn't affect +/-) then why shouldn't goalie stats reflect the same? Makes no sense to me.

edit: and PIMs are a positive category in fantasy, too.... wtf