PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010-11 VENTING Thread...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

lektrix
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Yup, I was up 5 in +/- this morning, now I'm down 9...

See you here in 15 minutes after Fatarse's imminent shutout as he wastes away on my bench.

Thanks for the jinx. I hope Malkin never comes back.

lektrix
01-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Ryan
Selanne
Fowler
Kaberle

7 goals, 0pts, -8.

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
01-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the jinx. I hope Malkin never comes back.

Me too, I want my top 2 picks back.

And hope you enjoyed that SHO, can't believe you started him.

lektrix
01-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Me too, I want my top 2 picks back.

And hope you enjoyed that SHO, can't believe you started him.

Have you been paying attention to the Devil's last 6 games? They are playing much better now. And a Pits team with no Crosby, Malkin? No brainer....

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I know, I actually wanted to start him tonight, but went for the auto win with Rolo/Pavs, which is working out pretty nicely, though a SHO would have been nice.

Bure96
01-20-2011, 10:32 PM
My plus/minus so far tonight is -8. Yikes!

Dubz
01-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Fuck you nabokov!!!

mike550
01-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Fuck you nabokov!!!

Really? How does he have any fantasy relevance? You've held on to him on your team hoping he'd land up on a contender? :lol:

lektrix
01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Wow Holtby...why didn't I pick up your ass for Fowler..shutouts gonna ruin the standings!

moans
01-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow Holtby...why didn't I pick up your ass for Fowler..shutouts gonna ruin the standings!

Looks like the Rags just got one.

Edit: Looks like it's under review.

Habber82
01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Not so much a rant.... But just dropped Alfredsson and man it feels good. Keep sucking ass this year buddy. You can give someone else in my league a giant headache! Why I kept you over Enstrom is beyond me!!!!

Nomad_0024
01-27-2011, 12:28 AM
wish i got neal into my lineup tonight with his 19 PIMs

boredguy
02-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I hate when i forget to set my lineup and have SO's and goals sitting on the bench, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bure96
02-08-2011, 11:17 PM
My goalies have really been fucking bad recently.

bearcats
02-09-2011, 12:38 AM
I hate when i forget to set my lineup and have SO's and goals sitting on the bench, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

even worse when you decide to bench an SO in favor of Roloson tonight!!!!!!!fuck:evilgrin:

Jake
02-09-2011, 12:52 AM

I have forgotten to set my lineup only three times this year.... two shutout, a few goals and my goon going off for 22 min in a roto league. After every time I was so fucking mad, the fantasy gods are against me this year

lektrix
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Brodeur getting hurt when he's finally at his best. Just great. My #1 and #2 picks keep teasin' me.

jeffoule
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM

ouch

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Brodeur getting hurt when he's finally at his best. Just great. My #1 and #2 picks keep teasin' me.

At least your #1 is still playing :mad:

mike550
02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
It was a fun ride Letang. You got me a lot of points but 0 pts in 9 games is unacceptable.

Ditched for Plekenec and to FA for possibly the rest of the season lol.

flyingfrog
02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
My team is fucking annoying, I spent most of the season with my offense carrying my team, then just as my goalie stats all improve dramatically my offense ceases and now it's the opposite problem. Semin coming back better ignite a fire or I'm suspending them all and I ain't letting them ever play in the NHL ever again

boredguy
02-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Haha, awesome week to have Roloson and Price.

WasteOfTime
02-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Craig Anderson is a worthless piece of shit. I could drop him, but I must love the way it hurts. I guess thats why Rhianna stayed with Chris Brown.

Jizmak
02-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Fuck you Howard. What the hell is your damn problem?

Lemelin is Pulgasari
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Benched Horton. :(

chadw01
02-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Fuck you Eberle - so much for Crawford's shutout.

Chilly_Willy
02-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Ok so I know yahoo IR has been discussed up and down but for fuck's sake Malkin was on IR then the day the news goes out that he is out for the season he goes DTD, NOW HE IS NOT EVEN FUCKING DTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUT FOR THE FUCKING SEASON AND NOT ON IR FUCK YOU PENGUINS AND YAHOO FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!

mike550
02-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Get the fuck back in the lineup already Cammalleri!!

mike550
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
What the fuck fleury!?!? What the fuck pittsburgh?!!?

Shtand
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
In one league I have played Price, followed by Auld, followed by Johnson. Those are some fucking stellar goalie stats there this week.

bearcats
02-11-2011, 11:38 PM
holy shit...why the Fuck does queenville continue to play Turdco? the guy fucking sucks balls....he flops around in the net like a fucking slippery Northern Pike from an inland lake in Northwestern Ontario...

the funny thing is that the Pike may actually stop a puck with its involuntary convulsions unlike TURDCO, the vulcanized rubber puck will simply deflect off turdcos slippery northern pike slime and go into the back of the net.....

back to quenville...stop fucking around man, turdco=huet...crawford = niemi...glue Turdcos ass to the bench with crazy glue and only let him up if he gets a call to go in the NHL hall of fame....LOL:lol::evilgrin::eek:

FUCK coach Q...wake up and shave your mustache!!!!! and leave Turdco in dallas where he belongs

killer93
02-12-2011, 09:46 AM
can someone explain to me how Dubinsky is still not LW eligible?

mike550
02-12-2011, 06:45 PM
can someone explain to me how Dubinsky is still not LW eligible?

If you're talking about on Yahoo than it's not surprising at all. Yahoo takes FOREVER to add player eligibility. Don't hold your breath.

killer93
02-12-2011, 10:33 PM
thanks ya figured.

hey did anyone see the first habs goal tonight? very strange why Plekanec didn't pick up a 2nd assist for his faceoff win....

alias
02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
not that it really matters because I'm well out of the playoffs but holy fuck! My D has lost Markov, Pronger & now Boyle....

bearcats
03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I had to bring this back for

VOKOUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the f**k is your problem....3 shots and 2 goals............he gets yanked yet again......man I hope this guy finds a better team and his skill next year, cause I have to keep him.....

bearcats
03-15-2011, 06:13 PM
suprised this was so far away....got to bring it back for my own stupidity......FUCK.......................I forgot to change my lineup in one league and as a result both Krecji and elias are not in my lineup!!!!!!!!!!for those of you who own them get ready they will produce a bundle tonight......FUCK!

Lemelin is Pulgasari
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Benched Ward.
Kunitz on IR.

The Kunitz thing couldn't be helped. I planned to drop Grabner on Saturday to activate Kunitz for Sunday, getting the most possible games out of that slot this week. So that's just strategy that backfired.

The Ward one bugs me because had I been paying attention and realized that the Canes were playing Buffalo, I would have gone for the 'sure win' and started both Miller and Ward, as opposed to Miller and Niemi like I did. Niemi got the win, but losing the shutout is gonna be big.

bearcats
03-18-2011, 06:55 PM
holy FUCK

Carey Price..........NO.......its the playoffs.........that start might sink my week.........FUCK

lektrix
03-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Fucking hell. All I need are 2 PIMs from Keith/Doan and/or a game misconduct from Bourque/Selanne and I clinch the H2H playoffs. FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!!

Mac-a-velli
03-20-2011, 09:39 PM
brent burns going -3 just lost me the playoffs

Jizmak
03-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Oh fuck you again Howard.

bearcats
03-22-2011, 07:26 PM
fuck I benched knuble tonight in favour of rolston.....1 g and 1 a already....

WasteOfTime
03-24-2011, 12:27 PM
ovechkin is the biggest disappointment in hockey. he goes from 50 goals to 30 and now he's out for the whole fantasy playoffs. I wish I could relay this message to him: FUCK YOU

bearcats
03-25-2011, 08:31 PM
the venting thread was before the praise thread so i will guess someone will be here soon venting that there playoff opponent got the double shutout tonight with MAF and Marty.....glad my opponent didn't have one let alone two of them going tonight....

Hamsterkill
03-25-2011, 09:18 PM
It's rather annoying when you're in 2 leagues and your opponent's goalies are mirror images of the goalies you have in each league. And they ALL do amazing... (Bryzgalov, Miller, Fleury involved)

mike550
03-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Uhhhh wtf happened Kovy? Team is out of it so you stopped trying?

alias
03-26-2011, 10:27 PM
cocksucking motherfucker! Halak not starting today might end my playoff hopes. I missed inserting Rask into the lineup today by 3 minutes but figured Halak would play so I'd hit my minimums, but no, St. Louis goes and benches Jaro. The only FA with the possibility of playing tomorrow is Boucher so I grabbed him. He better fucking play too, or Thomas better get lit up & Rask gets put in. I better not lose the playoffs because of this.

Dangles
03-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Can someone explain to me why stat corrections has a SOG coming to Evander Kane for a game on the 19th? Atlanta's first game this week was on the 24th, so clearly that SOG is from last week. If that ends up costing me my matchup I will be so pissed.

mike550
03-26-2011, 10:49 PM
BOB getting the start over Boucher really screwed me in a playoff matchup, already trailing and already having Roli not get the start, that one stung. Oh and Price and the Habs stunk it up....sigh....

Hamsterkill
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Not realizing the tie-breaker Yahoo uses had changed this season sucks big time. I'm not a fan of the new tie-breaker, either, by the way.

Rocklobster
03-28-2011, 09:33 AM
it was like that last year, it's not new. I happen to like it. If you have a better winning percentage against that team during the regular season then you win your playoff match-up that you tied. going by most goals wins stinks IMO. it's just one stat, and if a lower placed seed wins because of that is really crappy.

Hamsterkill
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
it was like that last year, it's not new. I happen to like it. If you have a better winning percentage against that team during the regular season then you win your playoff match-up that you tied. going by most goals wins stinks IMO. it's just one stat, and if a lower placed seed wins because of that is really crappy.
Personally, I think using statistics from outside the week being played is dumb.

Rocklobster
03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Personally, I think using statistics from outside the week being played is dumb.
I like it. If you are tied in the playoffs, why should one of those stats break a tie? Goals are important but in h2h it's just a stat. same thing for wins for goalies, just a stat for H2H. If you tie a team in the playoffs and you beat them twice in the reg. season and you lose because the other opponent had more goals in the stats, to me it's just a kick in the teeth.
I like that if you beat a team more in the reg. season, that can break a tie. After all, we use those stats to see who gets into the playoffs. To each their own I suppose, but I do wonder if there are other alternatives to breaking a tie which could make everyone happier.

WasteOfTime
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Ducks throwing away their fucking season against the literally worst team in the fucking league right now. I swear to god im gonna rage

goleafsgo2424
03-28-2011, 10:49 PM
I like it. If you are tied in the playoffs, why should one of those stats break a tie? Goals are important but in h2h it's just a stat. same thing for wins for goalies, just a stat for H2H. If you tie a team in the playoffs and you beat them twice in the reg. season and you lose because the other opponent had more goals in the stats, to me it's just a kick in the teeth.
I like that if you beat a team more in the reg. season, that can break a tie. After all, we use those stats to see who gets into the playoffs. To each their own I suppose, but I do wonder if there are other alternatives to breaking a tie which could make everyone happier.

Because at least goals is a direct stat from the matchup for the week. Thats like saying the #1 seed in the NHL playoffs should beat the #8 seed if the game goes into OT or something. A playoff matchup is exactly that - a matchup - and the tie breaker should be decided from something having to do with that matchup.

Colin20
03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
Because at least goals is a direct stat from the matchup for the week. Thats like saying the #1 seed in the NHL playoffs should beat the #8 seed if the game goes into OT or something. A playoff matchup is exactly that - a matchup - and the tie breaker should be decided from something having to do with that matchup.

I disagree. The team with the better H2H record over the entire season indicates who is a better team of the two. Using one category in one week as a tie breaker has a larger luck factor.

Hamsterkill
03-29-2011, 06:17 AM
I disagree. The team with the better H2H record over the entire season indicates who is a better team of the two. Using one category in one week as a tie breaker has a larger luck factor.
But that's kind of what H2H is about. Otherwise, everyone would just play Roto. Or there would be no playoffs and the regular season H2H standings would just be how the champions are decided. Besides, fantasy hockey teams are extremely dynamic and using a couple of weeks from far prior in the season are not likely to be a great reflection of the teams that week.

Rocklobster
03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
if we tied 5-5 and you won the goals category, why should you win that match-up because you had more goals? what if I had more GWG's or goalie wins, it stinks and what they have in place is fine by me. I don't like your analogy of comparing real nhl hockey to fantasy, it's not the same at all.
Using the regular season match-ups between those two teams to break the tie is a fair way of doing it.

Johnny Utah
03-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Dustin Penner is stinking it up these days.

bearcats
03-30-2011, 07:18 PM
price what are you fucking doing..........:confused:

alias
04-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks a lot Richards & Carter. 4 games this week & you combine for 2 goals and an assist? You both blow.

goleafsgo2424
04-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Lost my $1000 h2h pool on a tie-breaker because I had a worse REGULAR season record than my opponent.

pjm
04-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Lost my $1000 h2h pool on a tie-breaker because I had a worse REGULAR season record than my opponent.
Ouch.

I lost my finals in one league by a single goal :(. Perry just couldn't do it on his own, though he sure as hell tried.

BIG FESTO
04-04-2011, 11:44 AM
HOW ABOUT THIS:
I checked my score and was tied 5-5 at 12am... Looked again at 9am and I lost 5-4. Well YAHOO! decided to do a stats check and took away Purst goal, giving him an assist. The other team tied me in assist, giving him the 5-4 win.

This ruined my championship streak.

bearcats
04-06-2011, 06:17 PM
I hate Alex Semin.......never gonna draft that freak again

bearcats
04-06-2011, 06:31 PM
damn it no Arnott either.....screw you washington

Colin20
04-07-2011, 04:58 PM
My opponent just had the luckiest Wednesday night in fantasy hockey history!

Getzlaf 4 A, Iginla 3G 1A, Ovechkin 1G 2A, Tanguay 1G 2A, Keith 2A, Selanne 1G 1A, Stillman 1A, McDonald 1A, D'Agostini 1A

For a total of 21 points (10ppp) on a Wednesday! And to make things worse I benched Ward vs DET and he got the shutout...

Colin20
04-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Fuck you LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played Ward this time and Little spoiled the shutout with 31 seconds left with a meaningless goal to make it a 6-1 loss instead of 6-0.

What bad timing to have this shit happen in the finals of my money league.

flyingfrog
04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
THE AUDIO YAHOO PLAYS IN THEIR ADS. :mad:

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
04-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Benched Plekanec last night, missed out on shp and goal, would put me up 7-5 today, alas it is 6-6 and not looking good...

heffeith
04-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Not sure I've ever bitched on this thread before but here goes... last night the Stars are losing to the Wild and pull their goalie. My opponent has Morrow who is on the ice. Morrow goes off, Benn comes on. I have Benn. Wild score in the empty net. Benn's -1 loses me the title. Seriously? It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion for fuck's sake.