PDA

View Full Version : The HI trade analyser !

Pages : [1] 2

jeffoule
10-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I think it would be a nice idea to have some kind of a trade offer analysis to help us made some trade.

In this thread, we can post a trade that we want to make and rate this offer from 1 to 10 stars. Explanation :
- 1 star would mean bad trade for you. you loose badly
- 5 stars would mean that the trade is a wash. Equal.
- 10 stars would mean, 1 side trade. You win so much that this trade would never go through

Examples:
- My Malkin for His Crosby = something like 7/10. You win, but the Crosby owner would surely wont trade him for Malkin.

- My Kovalchuk for His Stamkos = 4/10 = *HI-4*

- My Luongo+P.Kane for His Quick+Gionta = 1/10 = *HI-1*

- My Gionta for His Heatley = 10/10 = *HI-10*

Got the idea?

jeffoule
10-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I'll start.

My Kopitar+Pronger for His Malkin+Jack Johnson

Raja
10-04-2010, 08:51 PM

bearcats
10-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll start.

keeper or non keeper ?

madsci
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
8 stars.

As a guide, here is a rough translation into the old system:

1 star - dude, have you been drinking?
3 stars - no way
5 stars - meh (or, lots of posts with lots of >> and < and so on in them)
7 stars - yeah, I'd go for it.
10 stars - DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!!

jeffoule
10-04-2010, 09:14 PM
keeper or non keeper ?

Keeper

jeffoule
10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
does it change something?

nords
10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Good idea. This could keep the constant trade chatter down.

I'll start.

Your trade: 7

My potential trade offers in a keeper with FW as a category:
A. My Backstrom (C) + Iginla/Ryan for Stamkos + Lecavalier
B. My Toews + Iginla/Ryan + Stoll for Stamkos + Lecavalier

Raja
10-04-2010, 09:35 PM
A/B with Iginla 6
A with Ryan 4
B with Ryan 5

jeffoule
10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
A. 3
b. 6

nords
10-04-2010, 09:43 PM
A/B with Iginla 6
A with Ryan 4
B with Ryan 5

A. 3
b. 6

Thanks for the quick response. I think I will start with just Toews & Iginla and then potentially add in a throw-in as necessary.

keyboard
10-04-2010, 11:17 PM
First rule of any trade thread is not to post any trades you are thinking about proposing. It's a waste of everyone's time.

lektrix
10-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Leighton(IR), Clarkson for his Thomas, Backes

nords
10-05-2010, 12:35 AM
First rule of any trade thread is not to post any trades you are thinking about proposing. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Why do you say that? I find getting a second sober thought before making an offer can stop bad offers or insulting offers from going out.

keyboard
10-05-2010, 12:40 AM
Why do you say that? I find getting a second sober thought before making an offer can stop bad offers or insulting offers from going out.Because I've seen countless times guys talk about a trade for dozens of posts just to find out he is going to propose it to a league where 0 trades happen and everyone over values their players. While people on this board may know player value, we will never know the mentality of the members of the league and in that sense nothing we say matters unless an actual line of communication has been created (trade counters, IM conversations, emails, etc).

But "cold calling" trade proposals rarely happen and are annoying to even discuss.

nords
Leighton(IR), Clarkson for his Thomas, Backes

Backes > Clarkson but really this is a call on which goalie risk you want to take. If Leighton comes back from injury and retakes #1, this is a 3.5. If Thomas regains a full platoon, this is an 8.

keyboard
Leighton(IR), Clarkson for his Thomas, BackesNo chance.

nords
10-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Because I've seen countless times guys talk about a trade for dozens of posts just to find out he is going to propose it to a league where 0 trades happen and everyone over values their players. While people on this board may know player value, we will never know the mentality of the members of the league and in that sense nothing we say matters unless an actual line of communication has been created (trade counters, IM conversations, emails, etc).

But "cold calling" trade proposals rarely happen and are annoying to even discuss.

True. Analysing a potential cold called trade proposal is normally a waste of time.....and normally people overvalue their players in those situations. I prefer to deal in cases where I have started a conversation already. Just for the record, I have been talking with the Stamkos owner since last April.

jeffoule
10-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Why do you say that? I find getting a second sober thought before making an offer can stop bad offers or insulting offers from going out.

+1
It's nice to have quick thouth on trade offer before doing something stupid. (one sided or overpay)

Tache
10-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I was offered his Heatley for my St. Louis. Points only league. Accept? My LW does need help.

keyboard
10-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd take Heatley. I don't get that trade offer at all. Heatley is a top 8 pick.

Tache
10-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I guess he sees more upside with St. Louis in my format. Is there any reason not to accept and be happy? Thanks

keyboard
10-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I guess he sees more upside with St. Louis in my format. Is there any reason not to accept and be happy? ThanksI think Heatley gets more points and that seems to be the only thing about your format that matters. With your format, I would look into doing this:

C(2): EMPTY, Roy
LW(2): Malkin, Neal
RW(2): Heatley, Stewart
F(2): Eriksson, Brunette
D(3): Phaneuf, Weber, McCabe
G(2): Howard, Anderson
BN(3): Osgood, Hall
IR(2):

Drop Antropov and list some FA forwards. I think you can find better options than Hall and probably better than Brunette. With the flexibility of Malkin and Heatley, you can pick up the player at the best position.

I would also suggest only dressing 1 or 2 defensemen, as McCabe and Phaneuf aren't offensive powerhouses, and won't get you more than 40 points each.

I would also suggest picking up as many goalies as possible seeing as a win is 1 point and there is no penalty for a goalie shitting the bet. Actually, you are likely not going to find a goalie with more than 40 wins at this point, so there's no point looking for another. Maybe even drop Osgood.

So something like this:

F(2): Eriksson, EMPTY
BN(3): Osgood, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD
IR(2):

lektrix
10-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Leighton/I. White or Thomas/Kronwall?

keyboard
10-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Not with 82 games per position and Price as your number two.

Tache
10-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I think Heatley gets more points and that seems to be the only thing about your format that matters. With your format, I would look into doing this:

F(2): Eriksson, Brunette
BN(3): Osgood, Hall
IR(2):

Drop Antropov and list some FA forwards. I think you can find better options than Hall and probably better than Brunette. With the flexibility of Malkin and Heatley, you can pick up the player at the best position.

I would also suggest only dressing 1 or 2 defensemen, as McCabe and Phaneuf aren't offensive powerhouses, and won't get you more than 40 points each.

I would also suggest picking up as many goalies as possible seeing as a win is 1 point and there is no penalty for a goalie shitting the bet. Actually, you are likely not going to find a goalie with more than 40 wins at this point, so there's no point looking for another. Maybe even drop Osgood.

So something like this:

F(2): Eriksson, EMPTY
BN(3): Osgood, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD
IR(2):

Thanks very much! Replying via PM to keep the topic here in line.

jeffoule
10-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Leighton/I. White or Thomas/Kronwall?

I'd say 4. Thomas isnt an upgrade to Leighton and Kronwall is risky because of injuries

corky
10-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Jeff Carter For Jaro Halak

madsci
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Jeff Carter For Jaro Halak

Depends a bit on FA goalies.

I'm not at all convinced Halak is going to be as good this year as everyone thinks.

edit: didn't see your bench. You have Hiller and Rinne and there are only 3 goalie cats? This just bumps it to a 9 for me.

Jakkers
10-07-2010, 12:39 PM
My Lecavalier and Langenbrunner, His Iginla and Duchene

jeffoule
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM
7 ... nice move. Not sold on Langenbrunner this year with Kovi on the top line now

keyboard
10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
My Lecavalier and Langenbrunner, His Iginla and DucheneVery nice.

ABC.com
10-07-2010, 06:29 PM
My Booth + Hornqvist for Laich + Brown

Should I do this?

lektrix
10-07-2010, 06:52 PM
My Booth + Hornqvist for Laich + Brown

Should I do this?

They all look the same to me, but Laich & Brown play on superior playoff teams so I would take them in a heartbeat.

ABC.com
10-07-2010, 06:56 PM
That's what I was thinking too . . . well i'll give it a try and see what happens . . . thank you

Corsairs
10-09-2010, 06:23 AM
I've been offered Brian Rafalski for my Ales Hemsky and T.J. Oshie. I'm a little light on D right now (we run with four), but I've got Markov theoretically coming back at the end of the month. Bite or stand pat?

keyboard
10-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Stand pt. Your next best winger after Hemsky is Boyes/Frolik/Havlat. You can't afford to take the hit there.

Corsairs
10-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Stand pt. Your next best winger after Hemsky is Boyes/Frolik/Havlat. You can't afford to take the hit there.

Roger that! Thanks for the advice. :)

Vincent
10-09-2010, 01:31 PM
My Gagne and Connolly (or Gomez or Pominville) for his Eric Staal and Hartnell?

Just looking to upgrade my centers and get the points/PIMs out of Hartnell while dumping some injury risk.

keyboard
10-09-2010, 02:38 PM
My Gagne and Connolly (or Gomez or Pominville) for his Eric Staal and Hartnell?

Just looking to upgrade my centers and get the points/PIMs out of Hartnell while dumping some injury risk.He'd be a retard to accept those trades.

corky
10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Alfredsson
S Mason
Pitkanen

FOR

Holmstrom
Halak
Visnovsky

keyboard
10-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Alfredsson
S Mason
Pitkanen

FOR

Holmstrom
Halak
VisnovskyI don't really think that trade does much. Upgrade on wing, lateral or possible downgrade on goalie and downgrade on defense. I'd wait to see how Halak does before trading him. Also, was this proposed to you?

corky
10-09-2010, 04:59 PM
ya it was proposed

jeffoule
10-10-2010, 02:47 PM
My Kiprusoff & S.Doan for His C.Perry

keyboard
10-10-2010, 02:51 PM
ya it was proposedJust leave it on the screen, don't decline it. Wait a few more games and see what happens.

My Kiprusoff & S.Doan for His C.PerryCould you post your roster? I doubt this trade would be worth it, but it depends on your league categories.

jeffoule
10-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Could you post your roster? I doubt this trade would be worth it, but it depends on your league categories.

9 teams keeper Roto League (KEEP 8)
3-C, 3-LW, 3-RW, 5-D, 1-UTIL, 2-G
G, A, PPG, PPA, HIT, GAA, SV%
C : Stamkos, Kopitar, Stastny, Ennis, McDonald, J.StaalIR
LW : Ovechkin, Gagné, Wolski, Bourque
RW : St-Louis, Doan, Selanne, Versteeg, Latendresse
D : Pronger, Kaberle, Karlsson, Bogosian, McBain, Stralman
G : Kiprusoff, Rinne, S.Mason, Neuvirth, VarlamovIR

corky
10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Jeff Carter and Mike Modano(Dropping)

for

Halak and Ennis

keyboard
10-10-2010, 03:13 PM
9 teams keeper Roto League (KEEP 8)
3-C, 3-LW, 3-RW, 5-D, 1-UTIL, 2-G
G, A, PPG, PPA, HIT, GAA, SV%
C : Stamkos, Kopitar, Stastny, Ennis, McDonald, J.StaalIR
LW : Ovechkin, Gagné, Wolski, Bourque
RW : St-Louis, Doan, Selanne, Versteeg, Latendresse
D : Pronger, Kaberle, Karlsson, Bogosian, McBain, Stralman
G : Kiprusoff, Rinne, S.Mason, Neuvirth, VarlamovIRInteresting. With only 2 goalie stats (and no wins, am I reading that right?) I think you might want to do this trade.

for

Halak and EnnisWho would you pick up for Modano?

corky
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
for modano?

nittymakki? ellis? bobrovsky? boucher? dipietro?

or there are players like

okposo versteeg hudler kostitsyn filatov voracek huselius ray whitney macdonald

keyboard
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
for modano?

nittymakki? ellis? bobrovsky? boucher? dipietro?

or there are players like

okposo versteeg hudler kostitsyn filatov voracek huselius ray whitney macdonaldCould you post your roster?

corky
10-10-2010, 03:19 PM
in my sig.

keyboard
10-10-2010, 03:25 PM
in my sig.I have signatures disabled.

corky
10-10-2010, 03:26 PM
10 Team Keeper League (Keep 4)
H2H-One Win
G A P +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG BLK
W SHO SAVES
3 C
5 W
4 D
2 UTL
2 G
4 BN

C: J Toews, E Malkin, M Duchene
W: I Kovalchuk, M Cammalleri, J Iginla, B Gionta, D Setoguchi
D: D Phaneuf, L Visnovsky, P Martin, Z Bogosian
UTL: S Gomez, T Holmstrom
G: P Rinne, J Halak

BN: J Hiller, J Neal, C Kunitz, T Ennis

IR: J Staal, M Streit

jeffoule
10-10-2010, 03:27 PM

for

Halak and Ennis

3. Keep Halak and Ennis, Ennis will be great

keyboard
10-10-2010, 03:27 PM

for

Halak and EnnisNo to that trade.

corky
10-10-2010, 03:29 PM
i took it, best player on the trade is easily carter. and goalie stat categories are miniscule, ennis is not a keeper player this year anyways...

keyboard
10-10-2010, 03:37 PM
i took it, best player on the trade is easily carter. and goalie stat categories are miniscule, ennis is not a keeper player this year anyways...I agree goalie stats aren't much, but you still should have two starters with no question marks. Hiller will struggle and Rinne might be hurt. Very questionable to trade away your "best' starter.

Also, Ennis will help you in 5 categories and is C/W. Carter could be traded.

jeffoule
10-12-2010, 08:51 AM
My Kiprusoff+Stastny for His Getzlaf ?

corky
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Id say a 5, especially with the stat categories. and whose on free agents. getz is the best player in the deal so you would probably be the best off

corky
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
My Iginla for His Perry

jeffoule
10-12-2010, 12:25 PM
My Iginla for His Perry

I wouldnt sell my Perry for Iginla

chgorman
10-12-2010, 12:54 PM
12 team roto, 25 player rosters (20 active, 5 bench), we just use fwds, no C/LW/RW, weekly roster setting, must start at least 6 D and 2 G every week, keep 4 players at the end of the season.

My current roster:

Fwd: Datsyuk, Kopitar, Alfredsson, Horton, Krejci, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Frolov, Holmstrom, Simmonds, Frolik, Avery, Filatov, Little, Bertuzzi

D: Pronger, E.Johnson, Kronwall, Martin, Burns, Spacek, Carkner

G: Howard, Hiller, S.Mason

I've been offered Hossa, Meszaros (likely to be dropped for Dan Girardi), Giguere

for Krejci, Kronwall, S.Mason

I need an offensive upgrade as I have very few top end scorers at fwd and Hossa fits the bill. I'll likely be riding Howard and Hiller in goal all season, so can afford to lose S.Mason and have Giggy as my 3rd G. Biggest hit I'd be taking is on D obviously, going from Kron (who does tend to get injured a lot) to Girardi (once I drop Meszaros)... question is, is it worth it to get my hands on Hossa?

Canadianapex
10-12-2010, 01:31 PM
He is desperate for a goalie (has Osgood, Giguere, Gustavsson and Raycroft) so I offered him C. Mason for his Kessel.

keyboard
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
12 team roto, 25 player rosters (20 active, 5 bench), we just use fwds, no C/LW/RW, weekly roster setting, must start at least 6 D and 2 G every week, keep 4 players at the end of the season.

My current roster:

Fwd: Datsyuk, Kopitar, Alfredsson, Horton, Krejci, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Frolov, Holmstrom, Simmonds, Frolik, Avery, Filatov, Little, Bertuzzi

D: Pronger, E.Johnson, Kronwall, Martin, Burns, Spacek, Carkner

G: Howard, Hiller, S.Mason

I've been offered Hossa, Meszaros (likely to be dropped for Dan Girardi), Giguere

for Krejci, Kronwall, S.Mason

I need an offensive upgrade as I have very few top end scorers at fwd and Hossa fits the bill. I'll likely be riding Howard and Hiller in goal all season, so can afford to lose S.Mason and have Giggy as my 3rd G. Biggest hit I'd be taking is on D obviously, going from Kron (who does tend to get injured a lot) to Girardi (once I drop Meszaros)... question is, is it worth it to get my hands on Hossa?I think you can wait a few weeks to see just how potent your offense if before making a move like this.

ovechkin
10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
My Hossa and Penner for his Thornton.

corky
10-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Carter and Phaneuf for his Getzlaf and Bieksa

keyboard
10-13-2010, 09:01 PM
My Hossa and Penner for his Thornton.Depends on your roster. Probably though.

Carter and Phaneuf for his Getzlaf and BieksaThat isn't bad. I'd pass though. While I believe ANA turns it around, you'd be paying a big price if they don't.

jimmycolorado
10-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Cross-posting from the "is ANA a sinking ship thread", my Hossa and Hiller for his Perry and JS Giguere. Standard public scoring.

keyboard
10-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Cross-posting from the "is ANA a sinking ship thread", my Hossa and Hiller for his Perry and JS Giguere. Standard public scoring.I would do that. Hiller looks terrible. I blame his Batman mask.

jeffoule
10-13-2010, 10:51 PM
my hossa and penner for his thornton.

ovechkin
10-13-2010, 11:00 PM
My Gaborik and Bobrovsky for his Heatley and Mettinen

Skate or Die
10-15-2010, 12:21 AM
My Hossa and Penner for his Thornton.Depends on rosters.

Carter and Phaneuf for his Getzlaf and BieksaI'd rather have Carter/Phaneuf by a long ways, especially with Carter's C/RW.

Cross-posting from the "is ANA a sinking ship thread", my Hossa and Hiller for his Perry and JS Giguere. Standard public scoring.I like it. This only accepted by an unsavvy manager though.

My Gaborik and Bobrovsky for his Heatley and MettinenOf course, but no way it gets accepted. Not even close.

jimmycolorado
10-15-2010, 03:34 PM
I like it. This only accepted by an unsavvy manager though.

You mean I'm not savvy for accepting it (trade is currently offered to me); or there's more to the deal than is obvious, hence, I should keep Hossa and Hiller; or, your advice is only accepted by someone who is not savvy...? So the question I guess I'm asking is, what is "this" in your response above? ;)

Skate or Die
10-15-2010, 03:59 PM
You mean I'm not savvy for accepting it (trade is currently offered to me); or there's more to the deal than is obvious, hence, I should keep Hossa and Hiller; or, your advice is only accepted by someone who is not savvy...? So the question I guess I'm asking is, what is "this" in your response above? ;)Oh, then hell ya accept I say.

Perry>Hossa
Giguere>Hiller (IMO...call them even if you want and its still an accept)

ovechkin
10-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Of course, but no way it gets accepted. Not even close.

He sent me the trade. The only reason I asked the question was to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. I really don;t see that much of a downside for me...There's a reason why Heatley was taken 8 picks before Gaborik in the first place.
I waited for a few responses but then I just had to accept the trade without a thinking period because I wanted to make sure he didn't change his mind or anything.
Unfortunately...Heatley is seemingly going to be on the third line for now.

jeffoule
10-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately...Heatley is seemingly going to be on the third line for now.

For probably only one game. Heatley is an elite winger.

My Gaborik and Bobrovsky for his Heatley and Mettinen

lektrix
10-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Hypothetical situations.

Brodeur for OV straight up?
Brodeur, Cammaleri for Rask, OV?

Honestly wouldn't bother if OV wasn't in the sentence but HE IS. And there's a small chance I can acquire OV if I continue to pursue this hard.

jeffoule
10-16-2010, 02:52 PM

Dude you value your players too much. Even with the hole it would make in your roster, If you can get OV for Brodeur straight up. do it, but i doubt you can in any league format.

That would be nice i you can get a G as well in the deal

lektrix
10-16-2010, 03:17 PM

Dude you value your players too much. Even with the hole it would make in your roster, If you can get OV for Brodeur straight up. do it, but i doubt you can in any league format.

That would be nice i you can get a G as well in the deal

14 teams, not everyone has 2 starting goalies. Yeah, goalies are worth double in our league :cool:.

jeffoule
10-16-2010, 03:22 PM
My Stamkos+Gagné for His Kane+Heatley

jeffoule
10-17-2010, 10:11 AM
My Stamkos+Gagné for His Kane+Heatley

and

My Mike Richard for His Price

habsfan1
10-17-2010, 11:17 AM
I would take Heatley and Kane for Stamkos/Gagne. I think Stamkos is going to be a beast this year but's that too much to pass by.

Is the Richards/Price trade from the same team? I don't see Richards anywhere, this one depends on need.

jeffoule
10-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Is the Richards/Price trade from the same team? I don't see Richards anywhere, this one depends on need.

no it's on another one and I need a goalie badly. so it's a wash then? 5.0?

Pfloyd77
10-18-2010, 09:47 AM
my letang for his ryan whitney

keyboard
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
my letang for his ryan whitneyNo chance.

Nash/Zidlicky/Gionta for Marleau/Myers/Markov/Perron

Dangles
10-18-2010, 06:06 PM
My Kessel for his Brodeur? Goalie categories are W, GAA and SHO, and while my trio is somewhat weak (Rinne, Lehtonen and Neuvirth), I would hate dealing away Phil even if it is for the best G in hockey.

Habber82
10-18-2010, 06:11 PM
My Kessel for his Brodeur? Goalie categories are W, GAA and SHO, and while my trio is somewhat weak (Rinne, Lehtonen and Neuvirth), I would hate dealing away Phil even if it is for the best G in hockey.

I would make this deal. You're getting a very capable goalie and, really, you need it. Post your team though!

HOW ABOUT THIS ONE:

My Brodeur for His Rinne and Yandle (limited keeper - keep 6)????

keyboard
10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
My Kessel for his Brodeur? Goalie categories are W, GAA and SHO, and while my trio is somewhat weak (Rinne, Lehtonen and Neuvirth), I would hate dealing away Phil even if it is for the best G in hockey.Post your roster, league structure, and some FA goalies and forwards. This is a make or break kind of trade. Also, was it offered to you?

I would make this deal. You're getting a very capable goalie and, really, you need it. Post your team though!

HOW ABOUT THIS ONE:

My Brodeur for His Rinne and Yandle (limited keeper - keep 6)????Not yet. Keep it on the table, Rinne is a goalie of the future while Brodeur might be reaching his end. But with his start you're getting the lowest possible value. Give him a few games and you should be able to get an upgrade on Yandle.

ovechkin
10-18-2010, 06:21 PM
My Plekanec and Brent Johnson for Gonchar

keyboard
10-18-2010, 06:35 PM
My Plekanec and Brent Johnson for GoncharI can't see your roster or league structure.

ovechkin
10-18-2010, 06:38 PM
12 TEAM YAHOO HEAD-2-HEAD PUBLIC LEAGUE
G,A,PPP,+/-,PIM,SOG Wins,GAA,Saves,SO
C(2) - Thornton, Plekanec, O. Jokinen, Connolly
RW(2) - Heatley, Semin, Bertuzzi,
LW(2) - Ovechkin, Fleischmann, Sullivan
Util(1)- Zajac
D(3)- Martin, McBain
G(3)- Vokoun, Anderson, Khabibulin, Ellis, Johnson, Lindback
IR- Savard, Leighton

Pfloyd77
10-18-2010, 06:43 PM
No chance.

Nash/Zidlicky/Gionta for Marleau/Myers/Markov/Perron

what do you mean by no chance?...no chance the trade would get put through?

and i'd take the marleau side by a mile

9/10

keyboard
10-18-2010, 06:47 PM
12 TEAM YAHOO HEAD-2-HEAD PUBLIC LEAGUE
G,A,PPP,+/-,PIM,SOG Wins,GAA,Saves,SO
C(2) - Thornton, Plekanec, O. Jokinen, Connolly
RW(2) - Heatley, Semin, Bertuzzi,
LW(2) - Ovechkin, Fleischmann, Sullivan
Util(1)- Zajac
D(3)- Martin, McBain
G(3)- Vokoun, Anderson, Khabibulin, Ellis, Johnson, Lindback
IR- Savard, LeightonYour C is weak without Plekanec and the upside of Gonchar on a horrible OTT probably won't be worth it. You will be dropping Lindback soon so you could just pick up an FA defenseman.

what do you mean by no chance?...no chance the trade would get put through?

and i'd take the marleau side by a mile

9/10Letang should outpoint Whitney by quite a bit this season.

jeffoule
10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
I can't see your roster or league structure.

man ... how annoying!

alias
10-18-2010, 09:23 PM
in my keeper (Team 1) I have a guy looking for a goaltender & I have several. I'm thinking of offering him Halak for Doughty, dropping Souray, and calling up Neuvirth from my farm to take Halak's spot. Is my offer insulting or am I close?

keyboard
10-18-2010, 10:32 PM
in my keeper (Team 1) I have a guy looking for a goaltender & I have several. I'm thinking of offering him Halak for Doughty, dropping Souray, and calling up Neuvirth from my farm to take Halak's spot. Is my offer insulting or am I close?Insulting.

corky
10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Duchene Phaneuf Gionta Holmstrom for E Staal Sharp and Wolski

keyboard
10-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Duchene Phaneuf Gionta Holmstrom for E Staal Sharp and WolskiI'd take the Sharp side but I don't think that side would accept.

pjm
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
One year:

Tyler Ennis, Henrik Lundqvist for Pekka Rinne, Patrick Marleau

(i get the Rine/Marleau side)

corky
10-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Rinne Marleau side for sure! doubt he accepts tho

pjm
10-19-2010, 02:17 PM
He already did... sometimes it's nice to play fantasy hockey among friends who are relatively new to it :D Learn the hard way

keyboard
10-19-2010, 05:47 PM
He already did... sometimes it's nice to play fantasy hockey among friends who are relatively new to it :D Learn the hard way
You douche bag. :lol:

Well done.

Jake
10-19-2010, 06:12 PM
I got an email that says the guy wants my Hossa and nobody is off limits on his team. Since he proposed it and it is a little too early for me to care about trades (too early to panic, not enough time to evaluate sleepers, etc.) and he wants the trade I figure I can either lowball him or not care if t doesnt work out. He also appears to be a big Hawks fan.

I plan to send him the offer of Hossa and Connolly for Kessel and Zets to open and if/when that is shot down SHOULD I go Hossa/Pavelski for Kessel and Zetts or is that overpaying. As stated, I dont care that much about getting a deal done so if I do make a deal than I want it to be really worth it (no shit).

Roto league, 12 teams, Cats are G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK and 6 goalie stats.

my roster (start two at each position, no Util, W, or forward position).
c Pavelski (RW), Lecavalier, Malkin (Comrie)
lw Comrie (C), Nash (RW) Penner
rw Hossa, Brown (Nash, Pavelski)
start 4
d J. Johnson, Enstrom, Foster, Yandle

start two
g Ward, Brodeur, Rask

Thanks

keyboard
10-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Fuck Hossa.

ovechkin
10-19-2010, 07:11 PM
How's this for a trade to help out my terrible defense:
My Zajac and Brent Johnson for his Gonchar?

keyboard
10-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Fuck defense. Fuck OTT.

jeffoule
10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Fuck defense. Fuck OTT.

:freak:

Skate or Die
10-20-2010, 12:59 AM
...SHOULD I go Hossa/Pavelski for Kessel and Zetts...Kessel/Zets for me.

How's this for a trade to help out my terrible defense:
My Zajac and Brent Johnson for his Gonchar?Well Ottawa sucks, but you gotta like the Gonchar side here.

Skate or Die
10-20-2010, 01:01 AM
My Neal/E. Johnson for his Malone/Briere?

keyboard
10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
My Neal/E. Johnson for his Malone/Briere?Could you post your roster?

Rocklobster
10-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Could you post your roster?
I know you have sigs disabled but man i'm getting tired of seeing this lol no offense man. here have a beer :beer:

Rocklobster
10-20-2010, 01:05 PM
My Neal/E. Johnson for his Malone/Briere?
keep your neal and johnson.

keyboard
10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I know you have sigs disabled but man i'm getting tired of seeing this lol no offense man. here have a beer :beer:I will add you to the list.

corky
10-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Duchene Kunitz and Rinne for Krejci and Kiprusoff

this guy has been trying to get rinne for awhile now, should i take this offer or counter it? maybe a Rinne Kunitz and Gomez for krejci and kiprusoff?

keyboard
10-21-2010, 01:47 PM
I like the Rinne side by a lot.

lektrix
10-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Datsyuk, Staal for Cammaleri, Green?

Parise, Pronger for Cammaleri, Green?

Heatley, Pronger for Cammaleri, Green?

Zetterberg, Boyle for Ribeiro, Green?

Yeah.....I'm mostly trying to buy low on Parise, Pronger, etc. and sell high on Ribeiro, Camm, and Green who atm is very overrated. Also trying to overplay Datsyuk/Zetterberg's subpar years from last year :D.

keyboard
10-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Datsyuk, Staal for Cammaleri, Green?

Parise, Pronger for Cammaleri, Green?

Heatley, Pronger for Cammaleri, Green?

Zetterberg, Boyle for Ribeiro, Green?

Yeah.....I'm mostly trying to buy low on Parise, Pronger, etc. and sell high on Ribeiro, Camm, and Green who atm is very overrated. Also trying to overplay Datsyuk/Zetterberg's subpar years from last year :D.
Were any of those offered to you?

lektrix
10-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Were any of those offered to you?

Does it matter? I want to see if anyone here is willing to screw up their defense for the aforementioned players.

keyboard
10-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Does it matter?Yes.

corky
10-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Phaneuf Toews and Cammalleri

for

Green Thornton Hemsky

keyboard
10-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Green side for me.

lektrix
10-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Yes.

So I can't get advice on trades I offer?

keyboard
10-21-2010, 09:42 PM
So I can't get advice on trades I offer?Nope.

Chunk
10-22-2010, 05:35 AM
really thinking about offering

My: Ryan, Parise, Iginla
for
His: D. Sedin, St. Louis, Rask

to a guy who has like 6 goalies ATM. Good for me? Does he accept/consider it?

keyboard
10-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I think you lose that trade.

Shtand
10-22-2010, 01:38 PM
For Team 1:

I originally wanted to buy low on Gagne, and offered Versteeg + Johnson for Gagne. (He has MA Fleury.)

He has countered with My Versteeg + Price for his Gagne + Niemi.

Thoughts on this trade? I take on about 2 million in salary (already makes me want to reject) and go to a platoon situation in SJS, but upgrade at LW and Price can be so frustrating sometimes.

keyboard
10-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Apparently Gagne is nursing an injury, so wait on that for a bit.

alias
10-22-2010, 04:48 PM

for

I like it in a 1 year....
Ryan < D. Sedin
Parise = St. Louis
Iginla < Rask

But it looks like you're in a keeper where Parise's value is much higher than St. Louis'. I still think I'd pull the trigger. Having Rask in a keeper league is big.

Skate or Die
10-22-2010, 08:13 PM

for

I wouldn't do that. Even in a keeper.

Skate or Die
10-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I was just offered Weber and Hartnell for Lidstrom and Neal...

pjm
10-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Tough one. IMO... keeper = go for it, one year = hold off.

Skate or Die
10-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Not a keeper. Its close eh? Feels like a question of do I want +/- and a few more points, or PIMs and SOGs.

chadw01
10-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Would rather have Lidstrom and Neal in a 1yr league.

lektrix
10-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Feelings on

Mason/Boyle/Thornton (or Zetterberg)/Kessel

for

Price/Green/Ribeiro/Doan (or Selanne) ?

Fair or extremely lopsided for me? Other manager wants to get rid of Steve Mason asap...I want to use this opportunity to "buy low" on Mason and "sell high" on Price.

Skate or Die
10-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Feelings on

for

Fair or extremely lopsided for me? Other manager wants to get rid of Steve Mason asap...I want to use this opportunity to "buy low" on Mason and "sell high" on Price.
Boyle/Thornton or Zetterberg/Kessel side by a mile. That's 3 studs for one. No way that isn't insta reject.

Thoughts on mine:

alias
10-23-2010, 12:15 PM

I think Weber is overrated. Lids side.

lektrix
10-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Boyle/Thornton or Zetterberg/Kessel side by a mile. That's 3 studs for one. No way that isn't insta reject.

Thoughts on mine:

Weber/Hartnell for me. One of them will be a multicat stud this year, I hope. If both become multicat studs, you win BIG.

---------

Starting negotiations now....How about this reworked offer?

S. Mason, Thornton (or Zetterberg), Gagne -for- my Price, Jokinen (or Ribeiro), Hartnell

I come out ahead a little, I get BPA of course (isn't that what we all aim for?), but consider the fact that his LWs are Versteeg, Latendresse, Gagne, he's LAST in PIMs (and no PIM beasts on his roster), and Mason gave up 6 yesterday and sucked last year.

I gamble on Mason, buy super low on Gagne, and get a 85-100pt stud. I do realize I may have to replace Jokenen with Koivu or Ribeiro :(.

lektrix
10-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Weber/Hartnell for me. One of them will be a multicat stud this year, I hope. If both become multicat studs, you win BIG.

---------

Starting negotiations now....How about this reworked offer?

S. Mason, Thornton (or Zetterberg), Gagne -for- my Price, Jokinen (or Ribeiro), Hartnell

I come out ahead a little, I get BPA of course (isn't that what we all aim for?), but consider the fact that his LWs are Versteeg, Latendresse, Gagne, he's LAST in PIMs (and no PIM beasts on his roster), and Mason gave up 6 yesterday and sucked last year.

I gamble on Mason, buy super low on Gagne, and get a 85-100pt stud. I do realize I may have to replace Jokenen with Koivu or Ribeiro :(.

Price with a shutout, Mason with 2 GA...maybe I should keep Price lol

chadw01
10-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Was just offered Markov and Seguin for Sharp - Sharp so far is unbelievable this year, but if I could get Gagne instead of Seguin, do I accept?

Can Sharpie keep this up, or is it time to sell???

keyboard
10-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Was just offered Markov and Seguin for Sharp - Sharp so far is unbelievable this year, but if I could get Gagne instead of Seguin, do I accept?

Can Sharpie keep this up, or is it time to sell???No.

lektrix
10-24-2010, 12:27 AM

Can Sharpie keep this up, or is it time to sell???

Markov & Gagne, accept. Markov & Seguin, probably not. I think Sharp is good for at least 70 this year and that's playing beside Kane OR Hossa. Looks like the coach has confidence in him as he's receiving top PP time and SH time. Double shifted on 2nd and 4th lines 2 games ago too.

---

How about this reworked offer?

Skate or Die
10-24-2010, 12:42 AM
No.
No to the accept, no to Sharp keeping it up, or no to selling high?

Skate or Die
10-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Markov & Gagne, accept. Markov & Seguin, probably not. I think Sharp is good for at least 70 this year and that's playing beside Kane OR Hossa. Looks like the coach has confidence in him as he's receiving top PP time and SH time. Double shifted on 2nd and 4th lines 2 games ago too.

---

Feelings on

for

Fair or extremely lopsided for me? Other manager wants to get rid of Steve Mason asap...I want to use this opportunity to "buy low" on Mason and "sell high" on Price.As I said before I think you're getting to greedy. Take out Doan/Kessel and I still think you win.

keyboard
10-24-2010, 12:46 AM
No to the accept, no to Sharp keeping it up, or no to selling high?Oh, yeah. Sorry, I guess that wasn't very clear.

No to trading Sharp for that package. While you are selling high, you are buying extremely low on guys who are both hurt. Not something you want to have to deal with.

Skate or Die
10-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Just curious as a Sharp owner.

chadw01
10-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Oh, yeah. Sorry, I guess that wasn't very clear.

No to trading Sharp for that package. While you are selling high, you are buying extremely low on guys who are both hurt. Not something you want to have to deal with.

Thanks, however they are both expected back this week or the next.. would it change anything if they were both healthy and Sharpie was still going at this clip?

Markov/Gagne for Sharp

Thanks!

keyboard
10-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks, however they are both expected back this week or the next.. would it change anything if they were both healthy and Sharpie was still going at this clip?

Markov/Gagne for Sharp

Thanks!Gagne is injury prone, I'm guessing he will be a headache all season.

Markov is a beast when healthy but this was a major injury and Subban is there so they might not feel the need to rush him. I'm sure MTL fans would have better insight.

I just think if you are selling high on a skilled player on a decent team you should get a higher quality return than Gagne/Markov.

lektrix
10-24-2010, 05:09 PM
As I said before I think you're getting to greedy. Take out Doan/Kessel and I still think you win.

How about this reworked offer?

keyboard
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
No chance.

Skate or Die
10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Ya no chance. The hottest Price in the world doesn't warrant an upgrade from Ribiero to Thornton or Zetterberg.

lektrix
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Oh well, tried at least. Haven't received a reject yet so he must be still "thinking".

Was offered SETOGUCHI for DOAN. Yay or nay?

keyboard
10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Doan over Setoguchi.

flyt300
10-25-2010, 01:04 AM
T1 - My Stafford for his Clowe (manager said he's unhappy with Clowe)

T2 - Stafford/Fleury for Clowe/Varlamov (he only has Brodeur and Varlamov)

T3 - Stafford/Fleury/Clarkson for Clowe/Varlamov/Selanne (he is a NJD homer)

Whats fair and/or good for my team?

pjm
10-25-2010, 02:22 AM
T1 - My Stafford for his Clowe (manager said he's unhappy with Clowe)

T2 - Stafford/Fleury for Clowe/Varlamov (he only has Brodeur and Varlamov)

T3 - Stafford/Fleury/Clarkson for Clowe/Varlamov/Selanne (he is a NJD homer)

Whats fair and/or good for my team?

#1 is the only one I would consider good for your team. Give Fleury some time, he will get it together.

keyboard
10-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't like any of those trades for you.

lektrix
10-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Turco owner knows im a NJ fan and offered me Zajac for my Ribeiro, Crawford. I rejected but having second thought snow.

Is there a good chance Zajac comes back in the next 70 games at a 75-pt pace?

I can't comment on my own Devils, too biased :P.

keyboard
10-25-2010, 04:59 PM
I think Zajac will outpoint Ribeiro.

corky
10-26-2010, 10:29 PM
James Neal for Ryan Whitney

any ideas for a counter? or is this legit

Krown&Coke
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
I like neal over whitney all day (either whitney actually) For a counter? what are you looking for, to move neal or to upgrade D? or?

corky
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I countered a big time offer of iginla neal and nittymaki for franzen whitney and bryz

i dont think he will take that offer but otherwise I think I will counter James Neal for Andrei Markov, he seems desprite to trade a D for a Winger.

I would than shop Visnovsky Martin or Bogosian

Shtand
10-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Considering proposing this trade to a team wanting to move Kovalchuk and wants a Goalie in return:

Team One:

My: Brodeur + Versteeg (8.3mil)

His: Kovalchuk + Nittymaki (8.0mil)

Thoughts? I'm a little tentative to move Brodeur, but it looks like Price is finally finding his groove without the Halak pressure and can step up into the starter role. Or does this leave me too weak in net? (1 Goalie slot, 2 minimum starts, 5/11 categories)

lektrix
10-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Kovalchuk, Briere, Kopitar for my Ryan, St. Louis, Ribeiro.

Discussed this briefly with another manager who wants to get rid of Kovy.

Looks like a pointless, lateral move to me. Thoughts?

keyboard
10-29-2010, 09:41 AM
I like the Kovalchuk side a lot more because of Kopitar.

abusiveninja
10-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Pavelski/Rask for Downie/S.Mason

Yes, PIMs are a category but I already have a commanding lead and plenty of PIM guys. Needed someone who takes SOGs. Going to assume that Columbus blows again and that Rask eventually gets his job back.

WIS
10-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Horton + Gonchar

OR

Havlat + Karlsson

IN A DYNASTY.

redwingbill
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
His Boyes for My Parise,
Not close Correct? I'm thinking reject! Points League - Non Keeper!

Cornholio
11-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Pavelski/Rask for Downie/S.Mason

Yes, PIMs are a category but I already have a commanding lead and plenty of PIM guys. Needed someone who takes SOGs. Going to assume that Columbus blows again and that Rask eventually gets his job back.
3 / 10

Horton + Gonchar

OR

Havlat + Karlsson

IN A DYNASTY.
3.5 / 10

His Boyes for My Parise,
Not close Correct? I'm thinking reject! Points League - Non Keeper!
reject

His Zetterberg & Zherdev for my St.Louis & Ennis

lektrix
11-01-2010, 11:52 PM
He's trying his best to get rid of Iggy and I'm trying my best to buy low / sell high and provide goaltending.

Thoughts on

Iginla, Kaberle for my Hejduk, Enstrom, Budaj?

We both pretty much agreed that he's a 75pt player on the decline. If not good enough, what must I give up to acquire Iggy?

keyboard
11-02-2010, 12:39 AM
His Boyes for My Parise,
Not close Correct? I'm thinking reject! Points League - Non Keeper!That is an insulting offer.

His Zetterberg & Zherdev for my St.Louis & EnnisI like St. Louis/Ennis but should see your roster first.

He's trying his best to get rid of Iggy and I'm trying my best to buy low / sell high and provide goaltending.

Thoughts on

Iginla, Kaberle for my Hejduk, Enstrom, Budaj?

We both pretty much agreed that he's a 75pt player on the decline. If not good enough, what must I give up to acquire Iggy?
That isn't good enough. Budaj's numbers are atrocious.

Cornholio
11-02-2010, 02:46 AM
I like St. Louis/Ennis but should see your roster first.
Here they are...
http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?t=66279

Whalers
11-02-2010, 07:46 AM
I just got offered Stastny for my Nash....

Will Nash come around? Or should i just take it and run? League and point system below.

keyboard
11-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I just got offered Stastny for my Nash....

Will Nash come around? Or should i just take it and run? League and point system below.I can't see your C but this is a hard offer to pass up. Nash hasn't shown any indication of producing.

redwingbill
11-02-2010, 10:06 AM
His Hemsky for my Jack Johnson but I was going to counter for His Horton!
I have Rafalski coming back and could slide him in that spot!

My current D is below, I'd just drop a extra winger to add Rafalski

Enstrom
Lubor
JJ
Edler

ROTO
G
A
+/-
PIM
PPP
SOG

ME

C
Tomas Plekanec
C
Derek Roy
LW
Bobby Ryan
LW
Michael Cammalleri
RW
Danny Briere
RW
Claude Giroux
D
Tobias Enstrom
D
Lubomir Visnovsky
D
Alexander Edler
D
Jack Johnson

BN
Travis Zajac
BN
Dustin Brown
BN
Jason Pominville
BN
Shane Doan
IR
Brian Rafalski

G- Lugo and Lundy

HIM

C
John Tavares
C
Ryan Kesler
LW
Alex Ovechkin
LW
David Perron
RW
Nathan Horton
RW
Ales Hemsky
D
Duncan Keith
D
Mark Giordano
D
John-Michael Liles
D
Marek Zidlicky

BN
Teemu Selanne
BN
Brandon Dubinsky

redwingbill
11-02-2010, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=keyboard;808315]That is an insulting offer.

I thought so, he is a member of this forum! I'll leave him nameless! :D

lektrix
11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
That isn't good enough. Budaj's numbers are atrocious

So I pretty much have to give Price?

Iginla, Kaberle for my Hejduk, Gilbert, Price.

I really gotta do a 3-for-2 before Leighton comes back.

corky
11-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I would try bobrovsky, price is breaking out big time this year!

Kovalchuk and Duchene FOR Backstrom (Wash) and Smyth

lektrix
11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I would try bobrovsky, price is breaking out big time this year!

Kovalchuk and Duchene FOR Backstrom (Wash) and Smyth

No one wants Bob because they'd need Leighton and/or Boucher as well. I'm stuck with 2 of the 3 :mad:.

-----

Depends on positional needs. Backstrom side wins in poiints though I think.

keyboard
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
So I pretty much have to give Price?

Iginla, Kaberle for my Hejduk, Gilbert, Price.

I really gotta do a 3-for-2 before Leighton comes back.I wouldn't give Price in a buy low trade attempt.

Kovalchuk and Duchene FOR Backstrom (Wash) and SmythThat's a tough one. I think Kovalchuk finds a groove eventually but Backstrom is ridiculously talented and plays with superstars, so I'd take him.

corky
11-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Well that offer is pretty good otherwise than...

and yeah backstrom would be kept, there is not really any position constraints, and my four keepers would than be malkin backstrom toews and either cammalleri iginla or carter

corky
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe I should counter with Toews and Phaneuf for backstrom

lektrix
11-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't give Price in a buy low trade attempt.

Ha, this is becoming very complicated.

What would you give then?

His team:

Crosby, Tavares
Vanek, Avery, McDonald
Iginla, Backes, Samuelsson
Gonchar, Kaberle, McCabe, Martin, White
Neuvirth, Lehtonen, Raycroft, Conklin, Pavelec

He wants to get rid of Iggy and upgrade goaltending. He doesn't want any LWers. IMO his team is good as is but he's a trigger happy trade happy kinda manager, loves to play the streaks. Hejduk is on a nice streak and he wants Hejduk.

Iginla + _______ for Hejduk + _________?

madsci
11-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Ha, this is becoming very complicated.

What would you give then?

His team:

Crosby, Tavares
Vanek, Avery, McDonald
Iginla, Backes, Samuelsson
Gonchar, Kaberle, McCabe, Martin, White
Neuvirth, Lehtonen, Raycroft, Conklin, Pavelec

He wants to get rid of Iggy and upgrade goaltending. He doesn't want any LWers. IMO his team is good as is but he's a trigger happy trade happy kinda manager, loves to play the streaks. Hejduk is on a nice streak and he wants Hejduk.

Iginla + _______ for Hejduk + _________?

Not sure there's much you can do to upgrade his goaltending if you're not going to trade Price or Brodeur. But damn, you gotta make that deal for Iggy. what about trading Iggy and Neuvirth for Hejduk and Price? That could be considered an upgrade in net for him. You could then look to deal Neuvirth to the Varly owner or grab him if he's available and I think you will have won.

lektrix
11-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Not sure there's much you can do to upgrade his goaltending if you're not going to trade Price or Brodeur. But damn, you gotta make that deal for Iggy. what about trading Iggy and Neuvirth for Hejduk and Price? That could be considered an upgrade in net for him. You could then look to deal Neuvirth to the Varly owner or grab him if he's available and I think you will have won.

Ha, he emailed me this:

Iginla, Kaberle for my Hejduk, Gilbert, Price (did he read my mind or is he reading this thread?)

I'd want Neuvirth but I think Pavelec is the most I can get.

The best I may be able to do is this:

Iginla, Kaberle, +Pavelec for my Hejduk, Gilbert, Price

keyboard
11-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Do not trade that guy a goalie, you'll make his team way too strong.

lektrix
11-02-2010, 03:54 PM

A trade is imminent, I might be able to acquire the aforementioned players without giving up Brodeur or Price, which brings me to my next question.

---

OV owner just put OV on the market and asked everyone for their best offers. He desperately wants goaltending and his goaltenders are Rask, Leclaire, Lindback, Garon. What do you think of this offer?

Ovechkin, Lidstrom & Lindback for my St. Louis (or Cammaleri or Ryan), Green & Price?

He doesn't want Brodeur and already rejected my offer of my Brodeur, Cammaleri for OV, Lindback.

lektrix
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM

I refused to give up Price and he ended up accepting Hejduk, MDZ, Budaj, Leighton for his Iginla, Kaberle, Pavelec. Can't wait for the hypocritical vetoing boo birds to come out tonight.

keyboard
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I refused to give up Price and he ended up accepting Hejduk, MDZ, Budaj, Leighton for his Iginla, Kaberle, Pavelec. Can't wait for the hypocritical vetoing boo birds to come out tonight.That's a decent trade but I don't think you needed to give up Leighton. Teams appear desperate for goaltending but who knows if Leighton secures the starting role upon his return.

I think Iginla struggles all season but should still outpoint Hejduk by a fair margin.

Good job keeping Price.

mr.pitiful
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
was thinkin of offering marleau for kovalchuk. standard yahoo cats.

lektrix
11-02-2010, 08:19 PM
That's a decent trade but I don't think you needed to give up Leighton. Teams appear desperate for goaltending but who knows if Leighton secures the starting role upon his return.

I think Iginla struggles all season but should still outpoint Hejduk by a fair margin.

Good job keeping Price.

Yeah and I'm also strangely happy I was able to keep Bob. Thought for sure he'd want Bob too. He's a sleeper candidate for Rookie of Year IMO.

lektrix
11-02-2010, 08:20 PM
was thinkin of offering marleau for kovalchuk. standard yahoo cats.

I think I'd do that deal.

lektrix
11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Elias for my Crawford?

Good depth player on my roster but I actually need Crawford's starts.

flyt300
11-03-2010, 11:54 PM
This would be to the Brent Johnson owner who is interested in Fleury and needs goalie help.

He is stacked at RW and could stand to lose big buff. I like buff's RW/D eligibility and has had a great start this year.

Too much? Too little? Good fit for my team?

I have a lateral trade that was accepted that will move out Stafford and bring in TJ Oshie on Saturday.

keyboard
11-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Way too much.

Skate or Die
11-04-2010, 05:11 PM
My Sharp/Hemsky for his D. Sedin/Pavelski?

Skate or Die
11-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Also, my Weber/Hemsky for his Pronger/Giroux?

Skate or Die
11-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Elias for my Crawford?

Good depth player on my roster but I actually need Crawford's starts.I like Elias here for sure.

lektrix
11-04-2010, 05:27 PM
My Sharp/Hemsky for his D. Sedin/Pavelski?

D. Sedin/Pavelski 10000000000% not even close.

Also, my Weber/Hemsky for his Pronger/Giroux?

Pronger/Giroux but it's close.

Krown&Coke
11-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Busy day today,

Started off by Trading my williams for his Kesler
Then traded my Sharp, Dubinsky, Perron for his Kopitar, Gagne, and Letang

Think i gave up to much for Kopitar? i wanted to sell high on sharp and dub / perron were wire adds. I felt if i can get anything from gagne that could be huge for me.

Getting letang back makes a d expendable, next up ill try to move a D, timonen 1st to go? also shop around a sell high neivirth and potentially a C.

Heres my updated roster, feel pretty good about it.

L: Ryan, Neal, Laich,
3C: Malkin, Koivu, Kopitar, Kesler
3R: Kane, Hossa, Eriksson, Hornqvist
4D: Subban, Edler, Markov, Timonen, Letang
2G: Luongo, Rinne, Niemi, Neuvirth
IR: Gagne

DarkValiant
11-07-2010, 12:33 AM
You should feel pretty damn good about it. I don't even think you need Niemi so it might be worth trying to trade him off to the Niitty owner even if you lose by a tiny bit. Real solid trades, I think you'll make out just fine once Gagne comes back.

What do you guys think of Ribeiro, Vanek, Turco for Kovalchuk, Bourque and Khabibulin? Only wins and SHO matter so Khabibulin is pretty useless. I'd probably drop him and pick up Bobrovsky or Garon perhaps. Failing that I'd just run with 2 G and get a hot forward or something.

Team 3 in the signature by the way.

Chunk
11-07-2010, 05:25 AM
who wins

My:
Heatley and Ryan

for his:
Kovalchuk and Getzlaf

keyboard
11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Kovalchuk and Getzlaf but it is close.

jeffoule
11-07-2010, 03:51 PM
who wins

My:
Heatley and Ryan

for his:
Kovalchuk and Getzlaf

Getz side by a mile

jeffoule
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
My Stastny & Kiprusoff
for
His Zajac & Miller

keyboard
11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
My Stastny & Kiprusoff
for
His Zajac & MillerStick with what you have. No point getting a hurt goalie on a struggling team and a guy with no one to play with who is close to becoming overrated without actually having done anything. :lol:

jeffoule
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
In a single year league:
My Tim Thomas for His D.Sedin(LW)

I have a bunch of good goalies (Halak, Rinne, Price, Turco, Thomas), but I have Parise on my IR that leaves my LW weak.

madsci
11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
In a single year league:
My Tim Thomas for His D.Sedin(LW)

I have a bunch of good goalies (Halak, Rinne, Price, Turco, Thomas), but I have Parise on my IR that leaves my LW weak.

I would do that trade for sure if I were you. Thomas, as good as he is, isn't going to be any more valuable this season, and D Sedin is about as good as you're going to get on LW (unless you can target Heatley/Kovy and get dual). You've got lots of goaltending depth, so you're ok.

I just pulled off this trade: My Tavares, Vanek, Elliott for his Malkin, Burrows, White (who I'll drop).

Am pretty pleased about it. Thoughts?

Dangles
11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I would do that trade for sure if I were you. Thomas, as good as he is, isn't going to be any more valuable this season, and D Sedin is about as good as you're going to get on LW (unless you can target Heatley/Kovy and get dual). You've got lots of goaltending depth, so you're ok.

I just pulled off this trade: My Tavares, Vanek, Elliott for his Malkin, Burrows, White (who I'll drop).

Awesome deal.

Malkin>>>Tavares
Burrows>Vanek IMO

I was offered Ovechkin for my Sharp, Perry and Ribeiro in my LEAGUE 2.

Thoughts?

lektrix
11-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Rape.

Buy low for buy low.

madsci
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Rape.

Buy low for buy low.

a bit of sell high on Elliott, as the other team is desperate for goaltending.

Also, Malkin left practice with knee injury, introducing just enough question.

But agreed it might qualify as aggravated sexual assault. :)

redwingbill
11-10-2010, 06:52 PM
My Cammalleri for His Horton - roto - 1 year league

Zamboners
11-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Was offered Lecavalier, Patrick Kane and Bryzgalov
for my Zetterberg, Leino and Tim Thomas.

Any opinions on fair or edge in this trade?

Dangles
11-11-2010, 12:02 PM
That's an easy accept for you IMO.

flyt300
11-11-2010, 12:21 PM
This would be to the Brent Johnson owner who is interested in Fleury and needs goalie help.

He is stacked at RW and could stand to lose big buff. I like buff's RW/D eligibility and has had a great start this year.

Too much? Too little? Good fit for my team?

I'm back to considering this. Am I being short sighted on Fleury? I would pick up Varlamov as a 3rd goalie.

habsfan1
11-11-2010, 06:31 PM
You've got 3 good defenceman and 4 good right wings so not sure if I would do this. You are selling low on Fleury but how much faith do you have in him.

hmm, who would you drop, Mueller?

So it would be Varlamov/Buff for Fleury/Mueller, yeah I think I'd do that, especially since you are a Neuvirth owner.

Have a guy in my league in need of a goalie, and well I got a couple.

What I'm thinking is S.Mason or Ellis + Hemsky for Rask +Giroux or Neal (he also has E Staal but I think I would be asking to much then).

Zamboners
11-11-2010, 10:43 PM
That's an easy accept for you IMO.

Yeah, I thought so too. But just my good luck that I decided to wait until last minute of trade offer to pull the deal. Vinny is out for a month now with a broken hand.

Thinking about counter-offering my Thomas, Filppula and Leino for his Kane, Bryzgalov and Seidneburg.
He's really hot for Thomas now and might over trade. I know he also wants Zetterberg, but wrongly or not, I think I'd like to hold out to see if Z gets the LW designation.

habsfan1
11-11-2010, 10:46 PM
That's a good trade for you, I think Thomas will come down a bit and to get Bryz and Kane is a nice sell high.

I'll post mine again.

What I'm thinking is S.Mason or Ellis + Hemsky for Rask +Giroux or Neal (he also has E Staal but I think I would be asking to much then).

Chunk
11-12-2010, 05:36 AM
In the keeper in my signature below I offered
MY:
Cammalleri, Plekanec, Skinner and Neuvirth

for HIS:
D. Sedin, Connolly, Bergfors and Rask

Good for me? Chances it gets accepted? Should I pull it?

gotice604
11-12-2010, 06:33 AM
That's a good trade for you, I think Thomas will come down

I like that. Rinne and Ward should hold you over, now's a good time to get Rask since everyone thinks Thomas is the clear cut #1. I feel that Giroux is definitely an upgrade for Hemsky. Try it, if it works great; if it doesn't no sweat.

In the keeper in my signature below I offered
MY:
Cammalleri, Plekanec, Skinner and Neuvirth

for HIS:
D. Sedin, Connolly, Bergfors and Rask

Good for me? Chances it gets accepted? Should I pull it?
D. Sedin > Cammalleri
Connolly < Plekanec
Bergfors < Skinner
Rask < Neuvirth (Only because Neuvirth is looking better than Rask right now)

I feel like you're giving too much. You could try moving a RWer instead of Cammalleri since you have Gaborik back because I think the weakest areas in your team are C and D.
Does the owner of Rask in your league also have Varlamov? Some owners like holding goalie tandems to secure all the starts for a team. You could potentially move Neuvirth to the Varlamov owner for a good return.

Here's mine

My Kovalchuk + C. Crawford for Niklas Backstrom(G) + S. Mason
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3919)

Skate or Die
11-12-2010, 05:24 PM
BRichards for Cammalleri?

LW/C/RW/D/G league.

DarkValiant
11-12-2010, 07:34 PM
My Kovalchuk + C. Crawford for Niklas Backstrom(G) + S. MasonI'd only do this if you really need the upgrade in net. Selling low on Kovalchuk probably isn't a good idea, if you can wait awhile you should be able to get a much better keeper.

(http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3919)
BRichards for Cammalleri?

LW/C/RW/D/G league.

You know, I'm probably in the minority but I really don't like Cammalleri in Montreal. Brad Richards on the other hand is being absolutely beast this year and last, so I'd probably take/keep him if you're not overloaded at C(which you don't seem to be).

Ward/Turco/Ribeiro for Burrows/Kessel/Price (Only wins and shutouts matter, G worth twice as much as A)

Gern Blansten
11-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Burrows/Kessel/Price for me based on your cats.

I was offered:

My: Wisniewski, Sharp, Alfredsson, Thomas
His: Zetterberg, Marleau

I can pick up Hiller and Karlsson off the FA.

*Edit: He just sent me an email asking if I would entertain:
His: Zetterberg, Marleau, Brown or Hemsky
My: M. Richards, Alfy, Thomas, Wisniewski

I can still get Hiller & Karlsson of the FA.

keyboard
11-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Who are your goalies? It is not often you can trade out a producing goaltender without getting a goalie back and come out winning.

Gern Blansten
11-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Broduer/Thomas. We can only roster two goalies at any given time. If either of these deals go down, I would grab Anderson and stash him on IR and fill my empty goalie spot with Hiller.

I'm thinking with our format it's okay to sell high on Thomas because there will be some sort of split with Rask. As long as I get some quality return.

keyboard
11-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Brodeur/Hiller is pretty lousy.

In a month Brodeur/Anderson is better, but not as good as Anderson/Thomas.

Gern Blansten
11-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Brodeur/Hiller is pretty lousy.

In a month Brodeur/Anderson is better, but not as good as Anderson/Thomas.

So, I am reading this right? I should shoot to trade Broduer, stash Anderson and pick up Hiller until Anderson is back?

flyt300
11-13-2010, 04:07 PM
You've got 3 good defenceman and 4 good right wings so not sure if I would do this. You are selling low on Fleury but how much faith do you have in him.

hmm, who would you drop, Mueller?

So it would be Varlamov/Buff for Fleury/Mueller, yeah I think I'd do that, especially since you are a Neuvirth owner.

I would likely drop Connolly. (he and Buffalo don't seem to be going anywhere)
The other owner is interested in Burrows. Could I upgrade to Semin , Crosby, or Thornton for Burrows/Fleury? Again, he owns Johnson and I would grab Varly as my 3rd goalie.

I suck at figuring out trade values so not sure I'm best to comment on others! :freak:

iambort
11-13-2010, 04:13 PM
For my league #1, where goalies get considerable points, but we only have 2 spots for G's (3 spots for D). I have 3 G's already, but Budaj may lose the starter role soon when Anderson comes back (when?)....

My Ehrhoff + Leighton (DL)
for
His Chara + Phaneuf (DL)

I figure Ehrhoff & Chara are pretty much a wash, so it'll come down to Leighton vs. Phaneuf.

Thoughts?

keyboard
11-13-2010, 05:23 PM
So, I am reading this right? I should shoot to trade Broduer, stash Anderson and pick up Hiller until Anderson is back?Yes, but I don't think you will get much value for Brodeur right now. What are the goalie categories?

For my league #1, where goalies get considerable points, but we only have 2 spots for G's (3 spots for D). I have 3 G's already, but Budaj may lose the starter role soon when Anderson comes back (when?)....

My Ehrhoff + Leighton (DL)
for
His Chara + Phaneuf (DL)

I figure Ehrhoff & Chara are pretty much a wash, so it'll come down to Leighton vs. Phaneuf.

Thoughts?Phaneuf is a bum and pretty useless in fantasy hockey. Also, Chara is miles ahead of Ehrhoff.

iambort
11-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Chara miles ahead of Ehrhoff? Instictively I would agree that Chara's a bit better, but Ehrhoff has been better this year and was all of last year based on my league's points system. My projections for the year had Chara at 286 & Ehrhoff at 254.

I think Phaneuf has value. The question is more about Leighton. Will he share time with Bobrovsky?

keyboard
11-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Chara miles ahead of Ehrhoff? Instictively I would agree that Chara's a bit better, but Ehrhoff has been better this year and was all of last year based on my league's points system. My projections for the year had Chara at 286 & Ehrhoff at 254.

I think Phaneuf has value. The question is more about Leighton. Will he share time with Bobrovsky?Ehrhoff has a lot of company and isn't nearly the proven stud than Chara is. Chara might be slowing down but he's still the clear winner between the two.

Tell me what Phaneuf's value is? Guy is the most overrated player in hockey and injured and sucks.

I would be absolutely shocked if Leighton didn't get a solid chance at taking over the starting role when he returns.

iambort
11-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I rejected it. He's in last place with 20 teams and looking to make a move. With so many teams, starting goalies are in high demand, so I counter-offered this...

My Budaj + Leighton + Ehrhoff
for
His RMiller + Chara

We'll see what he says.

pjm
11-14-2010, 04:28 AM
My Nathan Horton for his Duncan Keith. Is this fair value?

My other RWs: Perry, Hemsky, Nash(LW/RW)
My other defense: Green, Markov, Wisnewski

Trade was inspired by Markov's recent injury. I either do this trade OR I replace Markov with Robidas (or put in a claim on Kaberle) and keep Horton. Any thoughts? Either way I will have to drop Markov as I have no room on the IR right now. *not a keeper league

keyboard
11-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I rejected it. He's in last place with 20 teams and looking to make a move. With so many teams, starting goalies are in high demand, so I counter-offered this...

My Budaj + Leighton + Ehrhoff
for
His RMiller + Chara

We'll see what he says.That trade isn't bad but I am not sure what it does for you. You get rid of Budaj but also get rid of Leighton who plays on a better team than Miller this year and really, both of them are injured. I am a huge Miller fan but that team looks brutal this season. Is there anyone on FA you could pick up and stash on IR?

My Nathan Horton for his Duncan Keith. Is this fair value?

My other RWs: Perry, Hemsky, Nash(LW/RW)
My other defense: Green, Markov, Wisnewski

Trade was inspired by Markov's recent injury. I either do this trade OR I replace Markov with Robidas (or put in a claim on Kaberle) and keep Horton. Any thoughts? Either way I will have to drop Markov as I have no room on the IR right now. *not a keeper league
Wait and see what Markov's situation is.

Howie
11-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Would you trade away Steve Mason for David Krejci? I am in need of scoring and FW. This is for the team below btw.

12 team h2h: g, a, +/-, pim, ppg, ppa, shp, gwg, sog, fw, hit, blk; gs, w, gaa, sv, sv%, so

c - malkin, zeterberg, ribiero, arnott, berglund, gagner, regin, grabovski
lw - malone, perron, michalek, van riemsdyk, whitney
rw - p. kane, pominville, lagenbrunner, clarkson
d (start 6) - pronger, chara, lidstrom, visnovsky, timonen, kubina
ir - doan

g - backstrom, s. mason, lehtonen, bernier, elliott

Koized
11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey guys,

I've proposed:

Price, Iginla, Lucic for Kovalchuk, Burrows, Kipper

good, yes?

Koized
11-14-2010, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Howie;811835]Would you trade away Steve Mason for David Krejci? I am in need of scoring and FW. This is for the team below btw.

I wouldnt be carrying bernier, but thats just me id pick up a forward to get some scoring. I would think you could get better than krejci who is currently injured for mason. CBJ seems intent on letting him regain his form...

lektrix
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey guys,

I've proposed:

Price, Iginla, Lucic for Kovalchuk, Burrows, Kipper

good, yes?

Looks like a good buy-low deal to me. You may lose though if Price keeps up this 2GAA business and Iginla goes PPG the rest of the year.

lektrix
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Thoughts on these?

Datsyuk, Burrows for my Cammaleri, M. Koivu, Pavelec

Burrows, Rafalski for my Cammaleri, Corvo

jeffoule
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I think you are selling low on both offer: 3

jeffoule
11-15-2010, 09:01 PM
What about this:
My Kiprusoff + Skinner for His Miller

Gern Blansten
11-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I'd do that. You keepers become??
Stamkos, Kopitar, Stastny,AO, MSL, Miller, Rinne, Neuvirth

My: Wisniewski/Hejduk
His: Roy

I pick up Anderson for the IR and the pick up Myers to fill the D spot. The team in question is in my sig.

lektrix
11-16-2010, 11:59 AM
^^ Yes.

---

Kesler/Seabrook or Ribeiro/Kaberle?

Rocklobster
11-16-2010, 12:07 PM
sounds like a good move to me blansten.

myers > wis
hejduk = roy
plus you get anderson to fill your IR off FA which is huge.

oh and lektrix i would go kesler + seabrook but it's a pretty even offer.

here is my dilema/trade that was offered.

my Hartnell + farm player Bobrovsky(G) for his pavelski + farm player gustavsson(G)

this is a keeper league with farm team. face off wins count in this league too. our farm consists of 10 players.

my team.
C-backstrom
C-Marleau /lw
C-S.Koivu
Lw- Laich
lw-Heatley (RW)
rw- Backes
rw-Borque
D-Kaberle
D-Carkner
D-Martin
Bench - morrow,hartnell, campbell, pitkanen, umberger
G- Howard, Backstrom, JSG, Elliott

Farm team
pogge, gerbe, letestu, bobrovsky, holtby,tangradi, o'reilly, ennis,kadri, carlson, bozak(called up ATM)

I'm pretty stuck on what to do. AT first I'm like accept accept because bobrovsky was just a pick up this year and i stashed him on my farm. After thinking it over and hearing things like Bob is nabby 2.0 i am questioning what is best for my team. Should i hang onto hartnell and bob or take pavelski and gustavsson. Plus i have JSG so i would secure the stinky leafs G's

alias
11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
In a dynasty who wins this deal?

Toews for Brassard & Ryan Whitney?

At first glance I figure Toews easy, but Toews & Brassard have similar stats and thats with Toews playing 5 more games. Longterm am I underestimating Toews & overestimating Brassard?

keyboard
11-16-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't like Brassard's style.

alias
11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't like Brassard's style.

I don't like Thomas' style but it works....Toews is much more valuable in real life as he's a great two-way player, whereas Brassard is more one dimensional, but in terms of fantasy are their longterm upsides close?

Rocklobster
11-16-2010, 05:41 PM
you know the point of this thread is to answer the post above yours and then ask your questions. I need some help on my trade offered to me above.

alias
11-16-2010, 06:35 PM
you know the point of this thread is to answer the post above yours and then ask your questions. I need some help on my trade offered to me above.

that is incorrect. you're thinking of the him or him thread. the point of this thread is to rate the trade with a value of 1-10.

Rocklobster
11-16-2010, 07:18 PM
well i'm going to give your post a zero. thanks for nothing!

alias
11-16-2010, 07:36 PM
well i'm going to give your post a zero. thanks for nothing!

would you have preferred I give you advice when I don't have an opinion to offer? This forum is not intended for giving out lame advice. If I felt strongly one way or another on your trade I would have said so, but I didn't and I didn't feel I had anything insightful to say so I chose not to. If you don't have anything helpful to say don't say anything at all. The him or him threads are partially for fun. Anybody who makes all their decisions based upon responses in that thread are not intelligent fantasy managers sinceyou only get one person's opinion. This thread is intended to have multiple responses/opinions to a trade so as not to clutter up the board with similar threads. I used it for its intended purpose. Sorry for that.

So if it really irks you that much I'll go with the Pavelski side in your trade. Why? I dunno, because apparantly in order for me to pose a question I HAVE to post an answer. Feel free to make a carefree response to my trade too if you have a question you need to ask.

To everyone else....opinions on the Toews for Brassard/Whitney deal?