toronto1979
09-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Team 1

I have some difficult keeper decisions to make:

Posey or Vmart?
Victorino or Werth or Heyward?
Hughes or Grienke?
Uggla or Roberts?

Are any of these decisions more obvious than I think? I hate dropping any of those 9 players back into the FA pool, but 5 of them have to go.

Snipes16
09-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Heyward is a no brainer at 20 years old and everything is smoked off his bat

Posey's another that I couldn't cut loose even though I like Victor, huge upside like Heyward

Greinke subjectively over Hughes

Uggla subjectively over Roberts

looch17
09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Snipes nailed it.

toronto1979
09-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Heyward and Uggla I think I can agree with.

Posey I struggle with keeping over Vmart just based on the sample size of at bat's he's had. One season doesn't make a career, with Vmart I know I'm getting: an offensive catcher who plays in a potent lineup --- albeit somewhat beaten up.

Grienke I had pegged as a keeper for most of the year. He was a keeper from last year, but his lack of wins has had me rethink it. I do like Hughes and he's as close a thing to the ace as the Yankees have. Would you keep both Hughes and Grienke and drop Liriano instead? And what about Clay Bucholz? He's on my roster too and looking to be a Cy Young candidate. Great ERA, terrible K/9.

Maybe drop both Uggla and Roberts and keep 4 starters then redraft whatever 2B is available (if any) when it's my turn to draft? I'll have the #10 pick since I'm going to finish first.

Snipes16
09-06-2010, 01:52 PM
How many do you keep because I see Lincecum and Braun on that team and assume they will be kept and probably Zimmerman too.

Anyway, as far as Uggla and Roberts go, I wouldn't keep either over Liriano, Bucholz or Greinke. In 12 team redrafts next year those two 2nd basemen probably go no earlier than the 7th-8th rd.

I agree that Posey's body of work isn't big and I dont catch many Giant games live but just from the highlights I've seen on ESPN and MLB network, his power is pretty evident and those opposite field HR's I've seen have been absolutely clubbed. As it is he's got 11 knocks to Victor's 13.

The other thing with Victor along with being much older is that the Sox aren't likely to re sign him. They wanted Mauer and when he re upped with the Twins there have been no attempts to get Victor signed. If they really wanted him back they would have at least tried already because once he hits free agency, he's gonzo.

toronto1979
09-06-2010, 03:58 PM
We keep 10 and it's a 10 team league. The guys I've highlighted green in my sig are my potential keepers. So with 100 keepers total, ideally all my players are within the top 100. To help segment the list, here there are in 2 separate groups

---- KEEPERS
C: Vmart
2: Uggla
3: Zimmerman
S: Jeter
O: Braun, Ethier, Heyward
S: Lincecum, Liriano, Hughes

---- NON KEEPERS
C: Posey
1: Konerko, Ortiz
2: BRoberts
O: Werth, Victorino, Ellsbury
S: Grienke, CBuchholz, Lilly, Scherzer, Braden
R: Bailey, Aardsma, Street, Kuo

Snipes16
09-09-2010, 12:58 AM
1) Heyward
2) Braun
3) Lincecum
4) Ethier
5) Posey
6) Zimmerman
7) Liriano
8) Ellsbury
9) Bucholz
10) Grienke

Thats who I'd keep....a little surf and turf with a power/speed combo in the bats and 4 young starters with a ton of upside.

Respect Jeter but at 36 the ceiling is low and he's no longer in my top 100 keepers. Hughes was great early but in his last 3 starts he's given up 13 earned and 11 walks in 15 innings and could be injured.

Ellsbury last year hit .290 with 70 steals...the rib injury 5 games in isn't leg related and his stock is dropping fast but with his steals and run potential I still have him no lower than # 80 overall.

toronto1979
09-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I can totally see your reasoning.... purely off rankings and potential those guys might be the top 10, but positionally that puts me in a tough place for the draft.

No first basemen, no second basemen, no shortstop, no closers.

*edit*

Since I'm not keeping Hughes, I just dropped him. He's on an inning limit now and not pitching as often, and he hasn't been very good since the break anyone. I picked up Carlos Zambrano. I haven't realized how freaking good he's been since rejoining the rotation. Wow.

The BachelorPad
09-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Posey over Vmart for sure. I am a Buster fan myself.

I am going to reach out and see what you guys all think about my keeper situation. Hands down I am keeping Longoria, Price and Crawford. I really like Fielder at a 4th round value as he'll go higher than that next year and I also like Reyes at 5th round. Hes a 5 category guy for sure. On the other hand Posey at round 25 is great if he pans out down the road for the next 3 years. Thoughts?

toronto1979
09-17-2010, 10:51 PM
This is who I'd keep:

14 - Price
17 - Heyward
20 - Longoria
25 - Posey

You can like redraft Crawford with your #1 anyway

Reyes at #5 is decent, but he had an off year this year and with a shallow league SSs aren't as at as much as a premium as in a 12 team league.

toronto1979
02-09-2011, 03:44 PM
okay, considering the Vmart trade and other offseason moves does this list remain the same?

---- KEEPERS
C: Posey, VMart
1:
2:
S: Jeter
O: Braun, Heyward, Ethier
S: Lincecum, Liriano, CBucholz
R:

---- NON KEEPERS
C:
2: Uggla, BRoberts
3:
S:
O: Werth, Victorino, Ellsbury
S: Grienke, Hughes, Lilly, Scherzer, Braden
R: Bailey, Aardsma, Street, Kuo

boredguy
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Ii'd keep Uggla and Ellsbury over Jeter and Bucholz

toronto1979
02-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Ii'd keep Uggla and Ellsbury over Jeter and Bucholz
My reason behind those picks:

With me tossing back both Roberts and Uggla I think I have a reasonable chance of redrafting one of them. Ellsbury was hurt last year so his numbers are low. I pick last so I think I can probably scoop both him and Roberts back up with my 10th and 11th picks overall. And with Braun, Heyward, Ethier on my roster, Ellsbury would be a Util player at best for me. I'm keeping Bucholz over Grienke or Hughes based on win totals from last year.

two24four
02-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Just remember Grienke no longer plays for KC, he's on better Brewers team now, he also does not have to face the DH as much anymore.

toronto1979
02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Just remember Grienke no longer plays for KC, he's on better Brewers team now, he also does not have to face the DH as much anymore.

Oh yeah? I didn't realize he moved teams. I really need to pick up a draft mag!

two24four
02-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Oh yeah? I didn't realize he moved teams. I really need to pick up a draft mag!

KC traded him a couple of months ago after he asked for a trade.

boredguy
02-10-2011, 04:36 AM
I doubt Uggla makes it back to you and i wouldn't particularly want Roberts on my team. Ellsbury is the best value, he's fine in the Util spot. You can always try to trade him after the draft.

I'm just not a fan of Bucholz, his peripherals show he got lucky last season and his numbers won't be nearly as good this season. I'd keep Grienke over him (and Ellsbury and Uggla over both)

two24four
02-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I doubt Uggla makes it back to you and i wouldn't particularly want Roberts on my team. Ellsbury is the best value, he's fine in the Util spot. You can always try to trade him after the draft.

I'm just not a fan of Bucholz, his peripherals show he got lucky last season and his numbers won't be nearly as good this season. I'd keep Grienke over him (and Ellsbury and Uggla over both)

Agreed, you should be keeping Greinke, he should have a much better season in MIL.

toronto1979
03-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Okay, this is what I've submitted.. I'm thinking I can toss the 2010 injury plagued Ellsbury back and he'll safely make it back to me. If not, Victorino or Werth will.

---- KEEPERS
C: Posey
1: VMart
2: Uggla
S:
O: Braun, Heyward, Ethier
S: Lincecum, Grienke, Liriano
R:

---- NON KEEPERS
C: