PDA

View Full Version : 2010/11 College Football

Pages : [1] 2

Spartan
08-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Its time to start talking CFB for 10-11. I'll throw out my conference predictions.

ACC- Georgia Tech over Clemson but I think North Carolina's defense could put them here too.

Big 12 - Oklahoma over Nebraska because its a two team division I like Oklahoma better than Texas this year. And like usual, either will get murdered in their bowl game.

Big Least - 1) Pitt 2) Cincy 3) South Florida If Pitt can't get into the BCS with the talent they have this year, it will never ever happen for Wanny.

Big 10 - tO$U and everyone else. Iowa and Wisconsin are the most talented otherwise but nowhere near Ohio State. They won't make the BCS even if they go undefeated, Miami is not enough in their non-conference schedule. At least its not Miami, Ohio. But still 8 home games is bullshit.

PAC 10 - 1) Stanford 2) Oregon State 3) Arizona I think this will be the swan song for Harbaugh before the NFL. I like Arizona as a sleeper this year too.

SEC - Alabama over Florida - This should be Georgia on paper but it won't be.

And Ingram wins the Heisman as long as he doesn't get hurt. As for the bowl season, we won't get to see his dad this year as there are no cameras allowed in prison.

dw13
08-17-2010, 11:40 AM
BIG EAST: Pitt. Like you said, if he Wanny can't get it done this year... he will never get it done.

BIG 10: Ohio State. Really talented football team. I like them no doubt in the Big 10.

BIG 12: Oklahoma. I like them just a bit more then Texas this year.

PAC 10: Oregon or USC. Whoever wins that game... obviously USC is on ban though.

SEC: Florida. Yeah, call me a homer. Bama is breaking in alot of new defensive players, and $aban might be a defensive wiz but I think we can score points on them.

Spartan, You think Georgia is more talented the Florida this year? :wtf: really?

Spartan
08-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Not sure which is more talented, but when you return 4 linemen and have a player like AJ Green you should be a good college football team. Like I said though, they will blow it.

dw13
08-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Not sure which is more talented, but when you return 4 linemen and have a player like AJ Green you should be a good college football team. Like I said though, they will blow it.

To be honest, I fancy South Carolina over Georgia this year.

eff1ngham
08-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Lots of stuff happening the last few days. Fresno State and Nevada want to come to the MWC. The WAC is looking at possibly adding Montana and UC Davis to replace them. BYU was considering going independent (which makes no sense to), but now word on the street is they're leaning towards staying. And now there's talk of a play-in game for a BCS birth:

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/24009504

(which also makes no sense. The MWC has been way better than C-USA)

dw13
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
2 weeks from tomorrow, I'll be sitting the Swamp watching football.

Ahh...

Buckeye
08-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Ohio State. They won't make the BCS even if they go undefeated.

I have to respectfully disagree. Miami will be a challenge plus playing both Iowa and Wisconin at their field. Too much parity in CFB. There won't be many undefeated this season

Spartan
08-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Just built some sweet cornhole boards. Tailgating starts in 8 days, I just love this time of year.

dw13
08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Just built some sweet cornhole boards. Tailgating starts in 8 days, I just love this time of year.

:beer::beer:

Motorcat
08-28-2010, 09:26 PM
http://carolinasucks.com/images3/SIcoverbutch3.jpg

mrtybrodur30
08-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Anyone want to join KK's college pick'em?

http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?t=65333

two24four
08-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Anyone want to join KK's college pick'em?

http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/showthread.php?t=65333

Already in.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, finally some football that means something, none of this pre-season crap :D

dw13
08-30-2010, 08:26 PM
The run starts Saturday.

Can't wait to sit my ass in the Swamp.

mrtybrodur30
08-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Im just pulling for Boise St. this year. Always the underdog but this year is their chance. But yeah cant wait till everything gets started this week only a couple more days.

dw13
08-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Very happy with the NCAA's ruling on Masoli.

eff1ngham
09-01-2010, 08:44 AM
So BYU is independent in football. Well, good luck with that

Motorcat
09-01-2010, 07:24 PM
The NCAA investigation of UNC has made everyday in Raleigh seem like X-mas lately.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0182add5d2/unc-summer-2010

two24four
09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Less then 24 hours before the 1st games of the season.

mrtybrodur30
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Cant wait for Pitt @ Utah tomorrow night. Pulling for the Utes in that one.

Spartan
09-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Cant wait for Pitt @ Utah tomorrow night. Pulling for the Utes in that one.There is a great set of games tonight. Minnesota and Mid Tennessee will be close, So. Miss and South Carolina should be good too. I would love to see the Warriors punk USC tonight too.

Spartan
09-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Big 10 Divisions are now set.

Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern

Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

Football championship game will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy.

This is clearly football oriented. Izzo could win that division for as long as he chose to coach.

Buckeye
09-02-2010, 08:56 AM
I will be in the 'Shoe tonight! GO BUCKS!!!

mrtybrodur30
09-02-2010, 11:22 PM
What a game Pitt/Utah was tonight! Happy the Utes pulled that out. You could tell it was the 1st game of the year though was a handful of sloppy mistakes for both teams. Pitt played well in the 2nd half and had me nervous, but that int in the OT was not good. Great win for Utah though, really looking forward to the TCU/Oregon St. game on Sat but there are alot of other good games too.

dw13
09-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Ugly.

Injuries on the offensive line were pretty obvious. Everyone has played just about everywhere in the offseason and it was noticeable. Pouncey easily had 15 bad snaps in the game, and we couldn't block a thing.

Addazio needs to get rid of the I-Form, go back to spreading it out, get the tight ends involved and Demps/Gillislee/Rainey on the outside.

Looked a preseason game, that's for sure.

Had a good time though, great to be back in the Swamp. Time to go back out and watch the rest of the day.

Spartan
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM
What a great day, the mid-80s weather took a two day break for 60's and windy. It just felt like football season all day.

Motorcat
09-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I was interested in 3 games yesterday and all panned out the way I wanted.

NC State 48
W.Carolina 7

Russel Wilson our QB looks like a future 2 sports stud - baseball/football

I also am enamored with our new live mascot ........... 1/3 Wolf, 1/3 Husky, 1/3 Malamute goes by the name of Tuffy

here is a pic ............

http://media.scout.com/media/image/84/847354.jpg

Baylor 34
Sam Houston 3

Baylor is my adopted #2 college from my time in Waco - beautiful campus

Baylor's QB - Robert Griffin (injured midway last year) is another stud QB to watch.

--- And finally

LSU defeats unc-cheat ............ LSU looked far from impressive in defeating a depleted unc squad rife with absences of ineligible players. If you have not kept up, unc is under a major investigation for cheating, academic fraud and contact with agents ........... this will turn into the biggest scandal since SMU received the death penalty.

dw13
09-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Kellen Moore and Chris Peterson are as good as anyone in the country.

mrtybrodur30
09-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Boise State baby!! You dont give Kellen Moore and company 2 minutes to beat you! Thats how they do it. Wow what a game!! I really thought they were going to blow it with all the mistakes they started making, just what a game. Still a long way to go but a HUGE win tonight. GO BRONCOS!

Motorcat
09-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi, another big game loss for VPI

Those uni's both teams had on last night - made it look like one of McMann's XFL games. :blah:

I did like the flat black VT helmets though

eff1ngham
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Kellen Moore and Chris Peterson are as good as anyone in the country.

Kellen Moore is a badass.

Great game last night. Go Broncos!!

dw13
09-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Defense still looks good enough for Florida, but our offense (Steve Addazio's playcalling, honestly) still has alot of room to grow.

Not going to be fun going to Rockytop next week. They might be down this year again, but that's not a great place to fix problems.

Great win for the Gamecocks I see against Georgia.

Spartan
09-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Tough business trying to watch 3 games at once right now.

Oh yeah, calm down Boise St. fans. Va Tech is getting run by D2 James Madison.

Spartan
09-11-2010, 03:18 PM
http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

ih8music
09-11-2010, 04:35 PM
UM has an athlete at QB? Whatsupwiththat?

b_illin
09-11-2010, 06:35 PM
UM has an athlete at QB? Whatsupwiththat?

Robinson was a beast! Over 400 yards rushing in 2 games!! GO BLUE!!!!

(can anyone tell me how Notre Dame had two different players, one on offense and one on defense, wearing #5???)

mrtybrodur30
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Robinson was a beast! Over 400 yards rushing in 2 games!! GO BLUE!!!!

(can anyone tell me how Notre Dame had two different players, one on offense and one on defense, wearing #5???)Im pretty sure they can even have a 3rd number 5 etc etc maybe for special teams lol, but yeah people can have the same number as long as they are never on the field at the same time.

Spartan
09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Robinson was a beast! Over 400 yards rushing in 2 games!! Definitely an exciting player to watch, I think he is a better passer than Pryor. The number of carries is concerning though. He is averaging almost double the carries that Pat White did at WV. I don't see him lasting the season with that work load. We have already seen Gardner in both games due to shoelace getting dinged up.

Buckeye
09-12-2010, 09:43 AM
A shout out to Ohio State for a big win. Take away the two special teams gaffes and it's a blowout. The Buckeyes are for real, folks. A prolific offense and a defense that has allowed just one touchdown through two games, including a #12 ranked Miami team. They made Harris look merely average. Heyward is better than Suh. Start the Pryor Hesiman chatter.......

dw13
09-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Harris was average long before he took the field yesterday. :lol:

Oh and Heyward better then Suh? You are a bigger homer then me man! :lol::beer:

But seriously, O$U is going to slip up and lose a game.

b_illin
09-12-2010, 11:51 AM
A shout out to Ohio State for a big win. Take away the two special teams gaffes and it's a blowout. The Buckeyes are for real, folks. A prolific offense and a defense that has allowed just one touchdown through two games, including a #12 ranked Miami team. They made Harris look merely average. Heyward is better than Suh. Start the Pryor Hesiman chatter.......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs216.ash2/47873_425334562822_510912822_5103523_2176139_n.jpg

Motorcat
09-12-2010, 03:43 PM
From the world of small time college football ................

NC State with a nice road win in Florida

NC State - 28
UCF - 21

Baylor - 34
Buffalo - 6

Both my teams go to 2-0

Buckeye
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't hate.....Laugh while you read this:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman10/index
Or any of the other respected Heisman watch lists. You are merely showing your ignorance and bias. Robinson?!? A very good game against a porous ND defense....there is no way he way he has that kind of success in the Big 10. In fact, he won't stand up to the rigors of the Big 10. DickRod will ruin him allowing to take that much punishment every single play.....

Buckeye
09-13-2010, 09:51 AM
But seriously, O$U is going to slip up and lose a game.

Against whom? Would you be willing to place a gentleman's bet?

dw13
09-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Against whom? Would you be willing to place a gentleman's bet?

@Wisconsin
@Iowa
Michigan has proven they won't be a push over

Not to mention, O$U lost to Purdue last year. They could always slip up to someone else.

Motorcat
09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
No offense Buckeye your a cool dude but I find this common with Luck eye fans.

A great team they are and their fans sure do make it a point to mention it at every given chance.

A little humility goes along way sometimes - something Luck eye fans over look with regularity.

Spartan
09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
He lost any cred at the Suh/Heyward comparison.

Buckeye
09-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok, so the Heyward/Suh comparisan was made in a moment of exhuberance (let's review this point at the end of the season), however, it is not like I had any cred to begin with....and humility? There are always a few bad apples in every bunch. I think you made a very broad generalization about Buckeye fans. "Luck" eyes?!?!? Really? You are gonna call Tressel's winning % over the past decade, luck?. We Buckeyes have been the butt of every choke joke since losing two BSC title games in a row. The nation loves to see the Buckeyes lose and refuses to give them any credit. As an alumni who has been closely involved w/every team since 1989, this is a very special team. To laugh at Pryor being a credible Heisman candidate is ridiculous. Tough games, certainly loom, but my money is on OSU being 12-0 heading into bowl season. The offer for a friendly wager is still on the table (I'm good for it.....KK and I have done plenty of business together over the years). And Michigan not a pushover? Now that, my friend, is funny. It will take a lot more than a win over UConn, and narrowly escaping defeat at the hands of a truly mediocre ND team to convince me that the maize and blue are back.

GO BUCKS!

mrtybrodur30
09-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I like Kellen Moore for the Heisman. Nothing against Pryor but I just dont see him coming up with the numbers to beat out the other top contenders.

b_illin
09-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Don't hate.....Laugh while you read this:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman10/index
Or any of the other respected Heisman watch lists. You are merely showing your ignorance and bias. Robinson?!? A very good game against a porous ND defense....there is no way he way he has that kind of success in the Big 10. In fact, he won't stand up to the rigors of the Big 10. DickRod will ruin him allowing to take that much punishment every single play.....

Dude, I was messing around - Pryor I dislike for spurning us for OSU....I known he's good. I was taunting you after Robinson's ridiculous game...in jest. (and if he keeps playing like this, how could he not bein the hunt for Heisman...either way it's too early to be suggesting anybody can be the Heisman in my opinion as any candidate is one bad game away from dropping out)

I look forward to playing you in November...especially given how dismissive you are of OSU's competition...especially UM!

PS: you OSU guys crack me up

dw13
09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Chris Rainey, arrested on stalking charges.

I'm so sick of all the UF arrests, it's making me sick.

Spartan
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Chris Rainey, arrested on stalking charges.

I'm so sick of all the UF arrests, it's making me sick.Scrap the program.

dw13
09-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Scrap the program.

Legitimately makes me want to consider scrapping my season tickets.

Spartan
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Legitimately makes me want to consider scrapping my season tickets.College kids getting in trouble happens in and out of sports. Wait and see how its handled.

dw13
09-14-2010, 10:26 AM
College kids getting in trouble happens in and out of sports. Wait and see how its handled.

It's just annoying. I dump money into the school and as much as we have been winning, the off-field product has been ridiculous.

Spartan
09-14-2010, 10:30 AM
It's just annoying. I dump money into the school and as much as we have been winning, the off-field product has been ridiculous.Step into my shoes, we get all that minus any real winning.

dw13
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Step into my shoes, we get all that minus any real winning.

I feel for ya.

I hope Urb comes down hard on Rainey, anything less then a season long suspension is wrong.

Buckeye
09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Dude, I was messing around - Pryor I dislike for spurning us for OSU....I known he's good. I was taunting you after Robinson's ridiculous game...in jest. (and if he keeps playing like this, how could he not bein the hunt for Heisman...either way it's too early to be suggesting anybody can be the Heisman in my opinion as any candidate is one bad game away from dropping out)

I look forward to playing you in November...especially given how dismissive you are of OSU's competition...especially UM!

PS: you OSU guys crack me up

I know you were messing around.....I enjoy the back and forth.

I am really not being dismissive of OSU's opposition. Personally, I think the Big Ten is strong this year. At Iowa and at Wisconsin will extremely challenging. I just feel that this Buckeye is built for it and primed for success under pressure. And UM.....I hope they do return to prominence, I was merely stating that it will take more than beating UConn and squeeking by ND to convince me of such a thing.

dw13
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Ohio St. S CJ Barnett likely out for year with knee surgery OSU coach Jim Tressel says.

Underrated loss for tO$U. He made some nice plays vs. UM.

Motorcat
09-16-2010, 10:11 PM
NC State with a solid home win tonight against Big East Champion Cincinnati.

NC State - 30
Cincinnati - 19

Wolfpack goes to 3-0

----- Wish I had of gone .......... but I have an early day tomorrow

MrScientist
09-17-2010, 01:45 PM
How long before Nike has a Denard Robinson shoe? Velcro with laces not long enough to tie/be tripped on.

two24four
09-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Wow Spartan what a way for your boys to win it last night, that took balls to call that play when they did, could be the call/play of the year.

b_illin
09-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Robinson is a beast!

Spartan
09-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow Spartan what a way for your boys to win it last night, that took balls to call that play when they did, could be the call/play of the year.
Bittersweet.

Michigan State head football coach is expected to make a full recovery following a cardiac catheterization procedure early Sunday morning.

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Shortly after Michigan State’s 34-31 overtime victory over Notre Dame, Spartan head coach Mark Dantonio was admitted to the Sparrow Hospital Emergency Room early Sunday morning, with symptoms consistent with a heart attack.
Dr. Chris D’Haem, DO, an interventional cardiologist with Thoracic and Cardiovascular Institute (TCI) and Sparrow, performed a cardiac catheterization procedure on Dantonio. This “relatively common” procedure used a small, metallic stent to open a blocked blood vessel leading to the heart.
“The procedure was successful and blood flow to the heart muscle was restored,” Dr. D’Haem said. “I’m very pleased with the outcome of the procedure. Coach Dantonio is resting comfortably following his procedure and is expected to make a full recovery.
“He is young, in excellent shape, and the damage to his heart was minimal. Coach Dantonio made the right decision to come in and get checked out immediately.”
Dantonio will remain at Sparrow Hospital for a few days for monitoring. His return to the sidelines will be determined at a later date.
During Dantonio’s recovery, offensive coordinator Don Treadwell will manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the head coach.
“Mark Dantonio is our head coach,” MSU Athletics Director Mark Hollis said. “Throughout his recovery process, offensive coordinator Don Treadwell will assume the day-to-day responsibilities of the head coach. This is a time for Spartan Nation to rally around Coach D and the football program. We all look forward to his return to the sidelines. The thoughts of the entire Spartan family are with Coach D, his wife Becky and his daughters Kristen and Lauren.”
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Coach D and his family,” Treadwell said. “We wish him a full and speedy recovery, so he can rejoin us on the sidelines. In the interim, the vast majority of this coaching staff has been together for seven years, so we won’t miss a beat as we move forward and build upon the momentum of last night’s thrilling victory.”

Buckeye
09-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Robinson is a beast!
But Michigan barely beat UMass?!?!?

Buckeye
09-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Bittersweet.

Wow.....this caught me completely off gaurd. I always liked and rooted for Dantonio. He was a respected assistant under Tressel. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

b_illin
09-19-2010, 05:34 PM
But Michigan barely beat UMass?!?!?

I'll take it. He's young and there are better days ahead...seeing him play like this as a sophomore is encouraging.

dw13
09-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I'll take it. He's young and there are better days ahead...seeing him play like this as a sophomore is encouraging.

He didn't do much wrong. That defense is awful. Ohio State is going to eat them alive.

mrtybrodur30
09-19-2010, 11:49 PM
He didn't do much wrong. That defense is awful. Ohio State is going to eat them alive. Thats if Robinson isnt on crutches on the sideline when the game is played lol, but seriously how can he keep this going? Either way im excited cause im flying out and im gonna be at the shoe for that game! Cousin goes to Ohio State, just found out about the tickets today cant wait!!!

Anyway that U of A game vs Iowa was crazy last night, great game. Iowa should just stop traveling to Arizona. Pac 10 race this year is looking tough Arizona, Stanford, Oregon and Oregon State all look good right now, happy USC is out of the question ;)

Motorcat
09-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Baylor gets smoked by #4 TCU

Baylor - 10
TCU - 45

GT - 30
unc-cheat - 24

unc-cheat (0-2) and the NCAA investigation continues :)

Buckeye
09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Either way im excited cause im flying out and im gonna be at the shoe for that game! Cousin goes to Ohio State, just found out about the tickets today cant wait!!!

I am going as well. Perhaps we can meet up?

b_illin
09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
YouTube - Ohio University Bobcat tackles Brutus Buckeye, 9/18/10

Buckeye
09-21-2010, 12:07 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/09/21/bobcat-on-a-mission--and-out-of-a-job-rufus-had-brutus-in-his-sights.html?sid=101

Sports mascots sometimes play-act fights, sparring from a safe distance before parting ways as friendly rivals. Rufus the Bobcat had more fiendish intentions Saturday in Ohio Stadium.
Brandon Hanning, who wore the Rufus costume during Ohio University's 43-7 loss to Ohio State, said he intentionally tackled Brutus Buckeye at least twice before the game after planning the stunt for more than a year.
"It was the whole reason I tried out last year," Hanning told The Post in Athens. "I knew we were going back to OSU, and I wanted to tackle Brutus."
Hanning, 19, who attended OU last year but is enrolled at Hocking College in Nelsonville this year, has now been banned from participating in the university's athletic events as the mascot.
Hanning, from Meigs County in southeastern Ohio, not far from Ohio's campus in Athens, said he suited up about 15 minutes before the Bobcats faced Ohio State, went on the field near the OU cheerleaders and waited for his chance.
It came as Brutus and an Ohio State cheerleader hoisted an OSU flag and prepared to lead the Buckeyes onto the Ohio Stadium field. With his Bobcat head in place, Hanning ran along the sideline and got in position.
"As soon as they started running onto the field, that's when I went," he said.
As several players watched, Hanning took down Brutus from the side at midfield, then chased him into the north end zone, climbed on his back and rode him to the ground. The two then tussled, with Rufus punching the Buckeye in his oversized head.
After each tackle, Brutus got back to his feet with arms spread wide as if to say, "What's up with that?" Then he put his hands on his hips.
Hanning eventually trotted toward the stands with his arms raised in celebration. Fans - presumably OSU fans - booed him.
Video of his pursuit of Brutus has become a hit on YouTube.
But Bobcats coach Frank Solich told The Post he wasn't aware of what Hanning had done.
"Obviously, we needed to tackle the guy with the ball and not the mascot," he said.
Hanning said the university had not contacted him about being banned. But the school's athletic department sent an e-mail to Ohio State yesterday, saying:
"We apologize to Ohio State University and its many loyal fans for the poor decision made by the Bobcat mascot in tackling the Buckeye mascot when Ohio State came on to the field during Saturday's football game. The department does not condone this behavior and apologizes for the negative effects that this had on an intercollegiate event between two proud institutions."
Hanning said he thinks the reaction has been "a little blown out of proportion."
"Either everybody loved it or everybody hated it," he said.
"I think I planned it pretty well, and I definitely would have done it again."

b_illin
09-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Brandon Hanning FTW!

Spartan
09-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Mark Dantonio has been released from the hospital.
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20100921/GW01/309210013/1023/GW

If I had to guess he will be back to the sidelines against Wisconsin in two weeks.

Motorcat
09-26-2010, 01:16 PM
NC State starting to work on something good .................. add an away win at Georgia Tech to the resume to go 4-0 , 1-0 in conference

Va Tech in Raleigh next weekend.

NC State - 45
Ga Tech - 28

Baylor - 30
Rice - 13

Baylor (3-1)

Buckeye
09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Terrell Pryor on Saturday:
20 of 26 for 226 yards 4 TDs
7 rushes for 104 yards 1 TD ( a beautiful 53 yarder)
oh, and a 20 yard 20 TD reception

Still laughing at Heisman candidacy?

dw13
09-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Still laughing at Heisman candidacy?

Nope, just laughing at who they play.

Buckeye
09-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Nope, just laughing at who they play.

Yeah, because Florida's non conference schedule is so impressive? Miami, South Florida and Appalachian State are such football powerhouses?

dw13
09-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah, because Florida's non conference schedule is so impressive? Miami, South Florida and Appalachian State are such football powerhouses?

And I haven't pronounced anyone as a Heisman candidate off those games. Pryor had a good game vs. Miami. Who cares what he did against Eastern Michigan.

Pyror has to do it in conference play before we start screaming Heisman. 6 TD's against a High School team doesn't do it for me.

Buckeye
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
And I haven't pronounced anyone as a Heisman candidate off those games. Pryor had a good game vs. Miami. Who cares what he did against Eastern Michigan.

Pyror has to do it in conference play before we start screaming Heisman. 6 TD's against a High School team doesn't do it for me.

Fair enough...but Florida didnt have anyone score 6 TDs, regardless of the opponent

dw13
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Fair enough...but Florida didnt have anyone score 6 TDs, regardless of the opponent

You obviously didn't watch anything about the Florida game Saturday :lol:

eff1ngham
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Pete Thomas is top 15 in passing yards. HEISMAN!!1

Buckeye
09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
You obviously didn't watch anything about the Florida game Saturday :lol:

Oh, yeah, well.....I meant besides Trey Burton......:$

I am just going to shut up now......:ashamed:

dw13
09-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh, yeah, well.....I meant besides Trey Burton......:$

I am just going to shut up now......:ashamed:

:p

Spartan
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM

Still laughing at Heisman candidacy?I agree with Dawinna on the East Michigan thing.

No one was laughing at Pryor being a Heisman candidate, if they were they don't know football. He was a pre-season candidate from nearly every publication, on a team that is clearly a BCS front runner. He did exactly what a Heisman candidate should do against lesser opponents. Don't waste your time worrying about East Michigan, if Pryor does great against Iowa and Michigan on National TV, then its his. Heisman voters don't watch stats. Stats narrow down the candidates and the sports media votes based on what they see on national TV.

Motorcat
10-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Tailgating tomorrow for ...

# 23 NC State vs Va Tech

:beer::beer::beer:

:hic:

eff1ngham
10-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm kind of pumped for Georgia to come here tomorrow. I don't normally head into Boulder since there's quite a few CU bars around the area. But I think I'm going to head up that way with some friends tomorrow.

I'm not nearly as excited to see CSU get Andraped by TCU

FlyGuy78
10-02-2010, 05:56 PM
What a fucking ending to the LSU game!! I had them in a 3-team parlay and thought I lost, but wait...12 men on the field!! TD LSU!!! :D

Motorcat
10-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I was having a great day till the 4th quarter .........

NC State - 30
VaTech - 41

It was actually much closer than 11 pts - a late Turkey TD came on a desperation TD attempt intercepted and returned for a TD

Baylor - 55
Kansas -7

"sic'em bears" !

dw13
10-02-2010, 09:35 PM
The youth definitely didn't shine tonight...

Spartan
10-03-2010, 12:14 AM
MSU just crushed Wisconsin today. The ten point margin was not even indicative of what happened, they left another ten points on the field. The power run game was devastating, and it just wore Wiscy out. Greg Jones owned John Clay all day long and broke his 14 game 100yd. streak. Glad to see Michigan win today, will be a nice vault in the rankings for us next week.

mrtybrodur30
10-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Stanford was just dominating up 21-3 they just couldnt be stopped in the 1st quarter. Cant believe Oregon put up 50+ on Stanford's D just wow. I HATE Stanford but did want them to beat Oregon today lol. Too bad Boise State will drop to #4 for now, but atleast they did what they had to today in their game. Also from earlier in the week seeing Utah St. beat BYU was awesome, always love watching BYU lose.

b_illin
10-03-2010, 10:53 AM
MSU just crushed Wisconsin today. The ten point margin was not even indicative of what happened, they left another ten points on the field. The power run game was devastating, and it just wore Wiscy out. Greg Jones owned John Clay all day long and broke his 14 game 100yd. streak. Glad to see Michigan win today, will be a nice vault in the rankings for us next week.

I believe you mean Michigan State - we're Michigan! :hic:

b_illin
10-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Well, Pryor was alright against ILL, but nothing special (76 passing yds with 2 passing TD's + 104 rushing yds ). Mr. Robinson on the other hand had another ridiculous game - 277 yds passing with 3 passing TD's + 217 yds rushing with 2 rushing TD's....with a banged up knee. :D

I don't hear anyone else saying...so I will again;

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/denard-robinson-heisman-sbb.jpg

http://www.denardrobinsonforheisman.org/

dw13
10-03-2010, 11:05 AM
I believe you mean Michigan State - we're Michigan! :hic:

No, he means glad to see Michigan win, because MSU is going to go beat Michigan next week.

Well, Pryor was alright against ILL, but nothing special (76 passing yds with 2 passing TD's + 104 rushing yds ). Mr. Robinson on the other hand had another ridiculous game - 277 yds passing with 3 passing TD's + 217 yds rushing with 2 rushing TD's....with a banged up knee. :D

I don't hear anyone else saying...so I will again;

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/denard-robinson-heisman-sbb.jpg

http://www.denardrobinsonforheisman.org/

Indiana is just as bad as the rest of the teams Michigan has played. He's putting up video game numbers against glorified d2 teams.

Spartan
10-03-2010, 11:18 AM
I believe you mean Michigan State - we're Michigan! :hic:No I meant Michigan, I wanted them 5-0 and ranked next week. See coming into this season and looking at our schedule Wisconsin, at Iowa and at Happy Valley were the "auto-losses" on that schedule. Beyond those games we have a soft B10 schedule this year. With the way Wiscy was handled, the B10 and a BCS invite are a possibility. We don't have tOSU on the schedule this year. If we can win the games we're supposed to and win one of PSU or Iowa there is a great chance we're in the Rose Bowl. Do I think we're that good? No, but as a season goes on your expectations change and you can dream a little.

About Denard Robinson, we will know a lot more next week. MSU plays some defense and our LB corps are the best in the country. If he tears it up, then I'm on board. It may just come down to Pryor versus DRob for the Heisman at the end of the season. Keep in mind that its been a while since someone won it that did not play on a BCS team.

dw13
10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Spot on post Sparty.

Robinson does it next week, against his first real defense and I'll start to buy in.

b_illin
10-04-2010, 10:36 AM
No, he means glad to see Michigan win, because MSU is going to go beat Michigan next week.

Indiana is just as bad as the rest of the teams Michigan has played. He's putting up video game numbers against glorified d2 teams.

IND is not great, but far better than some of the other teams they or OSU have played. (there's lots of season left to play, but I like having a kid who playing like a beast....and I like comparing his performances to Pryors for a plethora of reasons!)

dw13
10-04-2010, 10:50 AM
IND is not great, but far better than some of the other teams they or OSU have played. (there's lots of season left to play, but I like having a kid who playing like a beast....and I like comparing his performances to Pryors for a plethora of reasons!)

Indiana is just as bad, if not worse then some of the teams Michigan has already played. They are absolutely pathetic, and that's an annual thing.

dw13
10-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Denard for what? :lol:

Spartan
10-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Stfu!

Motorcat
10-09-2010, 06:22 PM
We had a small tailgate and watched NC State destroy Boston College today.

NC State - 44
Boston College - 17

Wolfpack goes to (5-1)

Baylor losses one they should of won today .......

Baylor - 38
Texas Tech - 45

b_illin
10-09-2010, 09:07 PM
:$

dw13
10-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Steve Addazio has to go, and the defense needs to find their sack.

Motorcat
10-16-2010, 09:22 PM
NC State - 27 (OT)
ECU - 33

Wolfpack losses a game they should of easily won - came out flat today

:dead:

Baylor - 31
Colorado - 25

Nice win for the bears on the road

Spartan
10-16-2010, 09:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sz5ESDttTuE/S7jLPZqcm-I/AAAAAAAAAI8/dJFpwn2Lhog/s1600/mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

Doctego
10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Thank God for being able to watch OSU go down or not being able to watch the NLCS would have really ruined my night.

Spartan
10-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Just a notice to anyone here that is unemployed. Brewster has been fired at Minnesota.

dw13
10-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Hopefully next up is Steve Addazio.

b_illin
10-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Ain't that a shame OSU!

dw13
10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Ain't that a shame OSU!

Didn't Michigan lose as well?

b_illin
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Didn't Michigan lose as well?

Sure, but UM wasn't ranked #1 and nobody expected much from them this year, so OSU's loss is on a whole other level than UM's

dw13
10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Sure, but UM wasn't ranked #1 and nobody expected much from them this year, so OSU's loss is on a whole other level than UM's

This reminds me of Florida State fans. Anytime Florida loses, regardless of FSU's result they declare it a good day. I'll never understand it I guess.

Spartan
10-18-2010, 06:54 AM
The first BCS Rankings are out.

1 Oklahoma 6-0
2 Oregon 6-0
3 Boise State 6-0
4 Auburn 7-0
5 TCU 7-0
6 LSU 7-0
7 Michigan State 7-0
8 Alabama 6-1
9 Utah 6-0
10 Ohio State 6-1
11 Missouri 6-0
12 Stanford 5-1
13 Wisconsin 6-1
14 Oklahoma State 6-0
15 Iowa 5-1
16 Nebraska 5-1
17 Florida State 6-1
18 Arizona 5-1
19 Texas 4-2
20 West Virginia 5-1
21 South Carolina 4-2
22 Kansas State 5-1
23 Arkansas 4-2
24 Mississippi State 5-2
25 Virginia Tech 5-2

Doctego
10-18-2010, 09:34 AM
This reminds me of Florida State fans. Anytime Florida loses, regardless of FSU's result they declare it a good day. I'll never understand it I guess.

I'm sure that it works both ways, depending on the timing and status of both teams.

dw13
10-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm sure that it works both ways, depending on the timing and status of both teams.

It's never worked that way for me, even through the FSU 'dynasty'. If my team loses, it's a horrible day regardless of our what rival has done.

Doctego
10-18-2010, 10:33 AM
It's never worked that way for me, even through the FSU 'dynasty'. If my team loses, it's a horrible day regardless of our what rival has done.

I understand that and am not talking about you. I was referencing the Florida fans vs. FSU fans statement that you made. I'm sure that it's not just FSU fans feeling that way.

b_illin
10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
How did Wisconsin not move up more??

dw13
10-18-2010, 10:39 AM
I understand that and am not talking about you. I was referencing the Florida fans vs. FSU fans statement that you made. I'm sure that it's not just FSU fans feeling that way.

Yeah, I suppose you're probably dead on.

How did Wisconsin not move up more??

From 18th to 13th in the AP. Thought it was fair given what's above them.

Spartan
10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
How did Wisconsin not move up more??Pre-Season rankings.

Spartan
10-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Down goes #1 again.

Motorcat
10-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Down goes #1 again.

Could not have happened to a better group of fans - Okies are some of the worse

Motorcat
10-24-2010, 08:16 AM
NC State - bye week

Baylor - 47
Kansas St - 42

Baylor, 6-2, 1st Big 12-South Division

unc-cheat -10
Miami - 33

Tarholes can't even cheat right

Spartan
10-24-2010, 10:30 PM
And the BCS volume II.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1144/1010518.jpg

mrtybrodur30
10-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Evryone keeps saying TCU must be happy Utah is up at #8. I think Utah is happy TCU is at #4. Especially with the game being at Utah in a couple weeks, gonna be a great game. This week Oregon at USC will be very good, cant believe im going for USC lol. Michigan State at Iowa is a HUGE game as well.

Motorcat
10-28-2010, 06:46 PM
NC State vs Florida St tonight ............ big game .winner controls the division.

Jenn Brown on the sideline.

:naughty:

dw13
10-28-2010, 06:59 PM
NC State vs Florida St tonight ............ big game .winner controls the division.

Jenn Brown on the sideline.

:naughty:

Go NC State!!

Jenn Brown, just another hot Gator :D

Motorcat
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I fell asleep and missed a great ending. :zzz:

Wolfpack with a big win - should get them back in the rankings.

mrtybrodur30
10-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Gonna be some movement in the top 10 tomorrow with Michigan State and Missouri going down. Its not over yet either USC is still near Oregon in this game. Alabama and Ohio State are creeping back up now.

Motorcat
10-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Baylor goes into Austin and takes down Texas.

I know Texas is down this year but its still a huge win for them.

#25 Baylor goes to 6-2 and stays in 1st in the Big 12 South division

Sic'em Bears !

mrtybrodur30
11-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Glad Baylor is getting blown out, I dont lke TCU and thats all you have been hearing with TCU how Baylor is doing well. Wont really drop TCU though if they win today, just hoping Utah can pull it out at home. Gonna be watching that and Hawaii at Boise St. then later Arizona at Stanford. Also have to keep track of whats happening with Alabama at LSU another great Saturday of Football!

dw13
11-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Glad Baylor is getting blown out, I dont lke TCU and thats all you have been hearing with TCU how Baylor is doing well. Wont really drop TCU though if they win today, just hoping Utah can pull it out at home. Gonna be watching that and Hawaii at Boise St. then later Arizona at Stanford. Also have to keep track of whats happening with Alabama at LSU another great Saturday of Football!

Why don't you like TCU?

If Bama beats LSU, then either Bama or Auburn are destined for the title game as long as either of them in win the SEC title game (which they will).

dw13
11-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Watching the TCU game. 20-0 in the first. TCU is mighty good.

Spartan
11-06-2010, 04:33 PM
67-65 not a basketball game. WOW!

Now UM is Pizza Bowl eligible.

dw13
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Putting the doubters to rest. TCU is certainly legit.

b_illin
11-06-2010, 07:46 PM
67-65 not a basketball game. WOW!

Now UM is Pizza Bowl eligible.

I was real happy they had the Penn State-Northwestern game on CBS instead :(

(why don't the national stations show 12:30pm games...only 3:30pm games the last few years...I miss the old days!)

mrtybrodur30
11-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Putting the doubters to rest. TCU is certainly legit.Oh I knew they were good, the offense plays well and they dont even have to since the D is great but I think Boise St. would handle them again if they played, Boise St. took care of business today though making Hawaii look terrible, plus Boise has a few more games. I was surprised TCU beat them by that much that was crazy but I still think they dont pass Boise St in the Human polls, we'll see tomorrow though.

That Bama/LSU game was very fun to watch, huge plays from LSU when they needed them, now Bama just has to beat the Cam Newton Tigers lol

That Illinois/Michigan game was good as well, although I wanted Illinois to win triple OT is awesome, Michigan got some huge breaks late.

Going for Arizona the rest of the way in the Pac-10.

dw13
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Oh I knew they were good, the offense plays well and they dont even have to since the D is great but I think Boise St. would handle them again if they played, Boise St. took care of business today though making Hawaii look terrible, plus Boise has a few more games. I was surprised TCU beat them by that much that was crazy but I still think they dont pass Boise St in the Human polls, we'll see tomorrow though.

That Bama/LSU game was very fun to watch, huge plays from LSU when they needed them, now Bama just has to beat the Cam Newton Tigers lol

That Illinois/Michigan game was good as well, although I wanted Illinois to win triple OT is awesome, Michigan got some huge breaks late.

Going for Arizona the rest of the way in the Pac-10.

TCU > Boise State this year. I know it's hard to ignore last year, but watching the both of them this year I think I'd take TCU without a doubt.

Bama needs much more then just to beat Auburn. They need help from Miss State. Regardless, they're out of the National Title race.

habsfan1
11-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I watch a bit of college ball, not a lot, but this season is making another strong case for the +1 system.

Basketball has march madness finishing with an obvious championship game, so does college hockey, why can't football?

mrtybrodur30
11-07-2010, 02:42 AM
TCU > Boise State this year. I know it's hard to ignore last year, but watching the both of them this year I think I'd take TCU without a doubt.

Bama needs much more then just to beat Auburn. They need help from Miss State. Regardless, they're out of the National Title race.I meant Alabama just needs to beat Auburn to knock them out of the National Title picture too. TCU has a great team this year but I would take Kellen Moore with Peterson coaching anyday over TCU. Not the same as head to head but Boise State also played much better against Oregon State than TCU did. Polls should be very interesting in a couple hours. If BSU cant jump TCU by the end of the year I wouldnt mind seeing Auburn stay there and leave TCU out!

Motorcat
11-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Not a good football weekend for me

NC State shoots themselves in the football with some poor play calling and clock management and loses at Clemson 14-13

Good news - Florida St loses and so does Maryland - The Wolfpack still control their own ACC championship fate.

Baylor gets crushed at Oklahoma St ......... 55-28

First time all year both my teams lose on the same weekend.

dw13
11-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I meant Alabama just needs to beat Auburn to knock them out of the National Title picture too. TCU has a great team this year but I would take Kellen Moore with Peterson coaching anyday over TCU. Not the same as head to head but Boise State also played much better against Oregon State than TCU did. Polls should be very interesting in a couple hours. If BSU cant jump TCU by the end of the year I wouldnt mind seeing Auburn stay there and leave TCU out!

If Auburn loses to Alabama, then wins the SEC title game, I'm still putting them in over BSU, TCU, Oregon, and whoever else. A 1-loss SEC Champion always deserves to be in the title game, IMO.

Peterson is a good coach but it isn't like Patterson isn't. Same with the comparison to Moore. Moore is good, so is Dalton. And I'm taking TCU's defense every day of the week.

Doctego
11-07-2010, 10:11 AM
A 1-loss SEC Champion always deserves to be in the title game, IMO.

I agree for the most part but the issue that I have is that you can't just make that blanket statement. It's also when you lose. Alabama lost early and, if they ran the table after that, would have definitely gotten a shot. If you lose at the end, I'm not so sure.

dw13
11-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I agree for the most part but the issue that I have is that you can't just make that blanket statement. It's also when you lose. Alabama lost early and, if they ran the table after that, would have definitely gotten a shot. If you lose at the end, I'm not so sure.

Well that's certainly true, but you have to remember the world will always be watching the SEC title game. If they lose to Alabama (still a great team) and then go mug Florida (:blah:) in the SEC title game, then I think they'll slide in. Although, TCU proved worthy for me yesterday.

It'll be a fun finish.

Motorcat
11-07-2010, 10:18 AM
How LSU is 8-1 beyond me ............ I've seen them play a few times now and they just don't look that good.

dw13
11-07-2010, 10:21 AM
How LSU is 8-1 beyond me ............ I've seen them play a few times now and they just don't look that good.

Baffles me as well, MC. They look anemic on offense most times. Les Miles stupidity always seems to pay off with some of his 4th down and random 3rd down calls, fake field goals and punts.

His job was on the line this season, and he's saved it but if some of those plays go wrong then he's in big trouble.

I've always told people. I don't think Les Miles has big balls, I think he's just flat stupid and it pays off.

Doctego
11-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Well that's certainly true, but you have to remember the world will always be watching the SEC title game. If they lose to Alabama (still a great team) and then go mug Florida (:blah:) in the SEC title game, then I think they'll slide in. Although, TCU proved worthy for me yesterday.

It'll be a fun finish.

I know that Alabama is a solid team and their name alone means a lot but it couldn't help Auburn that the Tide lost for the 2nd time yesterday. If Auburn loses to Alabama, it's a lot easier to write it off if it was to a 1-loss Alabama team. Either way, should be an exciting finish.

dw13
11-07-2010, 10:30 AM
I know that Alabama is a solid team and their name alone means a lot but it couldn't help Auburn that the Tide lost for the 2nd time yesterday. If Auburn loses to Alabama, it's a lot easier to write it off if it was to a 1-loss Alabama team. Either way, should be an exciting finish.

I definitely can't disagree with ya Doc. It'll be interesting.

mrtybrodur30
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I cant wait till next year, it means the Big-12 and SEC Championship games will mean alot less than they have been. Big 10 going with a Championship game and the new Pac-12 will have a Championship game thats NOT on a neutral site, better team will have it at their field.

eff1ngham
11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the good memories Dan Hawkins. Enjoy that check for 2 mil that you're getting.

Hey, at least Coach Mac might be in line for a return :scared:

dw13
11-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I cant wait till next year, it means the Big-12 and SEC Championship games will mean alot less than they have been. Big 10 going with a Championship game and the new Pac-12 will have a Championship game thats NOT on a neutral site, better team will have it at their field.

SEC Championship game will still mean the world. That won't change.

mrtybrodur30
11-11-2010, 03:08 AM
SEC Championship game will still mean the world. That won't change.

Its still imortant but it wont be as important as it has been as in just cause you win the SEC title doesnt mean you will jump teams from other conferences when they have a title game now as well. Big-10 and Pac-12 will mean just as much.

eff1ngham
11-11-2010, 10:38 AM
You'll never be able to convince an SEC fan that the team who wins the SEC championship shouldn't be in the title game. No matter how good other teams are, they always think an SEC team is better and should be in there

dw13
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Newton is about to be fully exposed.

Glad to hear it, too. Dumb shit still thinks he left UF because he wasn't getting playing time. When in reality, he's a criminal.

two24four
11-12-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm not really into Canadian college football, but Iam going to try and watch the Yates Cup tomorrow afternoon at 1pm. Brad Sinopoli the QB for the Ottawa Gee Gees is from my town, he might just be the best player in the CIS this season, alot of people think he has a very good chance at going pro, not alot of Canadian QB's make it to pro, not even in the CFL.

Not only does he have an arm, he can run as well.

He's up for the Hec Crighton award this season, which is the Heisman up here.

b_illin
11-13-2010, 12:22 PM
^ i'm recording it

two24four
11-13-2010, 04:35 PM
^ i'm recording it

What a game, wow.

I wont say what happens as I'm sure you have yet to watch it, enjoy though.

Sinopoli is unreal, he's the Canadian Pryor.

dw13
11-13-2010, 11:44 PM
If Urban doesn't make drastic changes starting next game then I have to really question him. Reed needs to take over the offense. Move forward.

After the season, Addazio needs to be canned.

b_illin
11-14-2010, 11:30 AM
What a game, wow.

I wont say what happens as I'm sure you have yet to watch it, enjoy though.

Sinopoli is unreal, he's the Canadian Pryor.

Great 2nd half...Sinopoli looked devastated at the end

two24four
11-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Great 2nd half...Sinopoli looked devastated at the end

No doubt after the comeback they had, and then to lose the way they did at the end.

Sinopoli is so fun to watch, when he runs not many players can catch him, and when they think they have he makes a nice little move to get around them, dude avg's 12 yard runs as a QB.

Motorcat
11-14-2010, 04:30 PM
NC State - 38
Wake Forest - 3

Wolfpack goes to 7-3 and still in the ACC title hunt.

Baylor - 30
Texas A&M - 42

Bears (7-4) overall

Spartan
11-17-2010, 06:07 PM
UM faces Wisconsin and tO$U in consecutive weeks.

:scared: Go Blue! :barf:

Motorcat
11-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Glorious Day !!!

For the 4th year in a row NC State defeats arch rival North Carolina (29-25)

:D

Wolfpack goes to 8-3 on the year and the ACC Championship still in sight.

:cool:

--- We are outta here to tailgate for Hurricanes - Preds !!!

:beer::beer::beer:

Motorcat
11-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Oklahoma - 53
Baylor - 24

The Bears finish 7-5 overall, 4-4 in the Big 12 ....... final standings will be based on the last week of Big 12 games.

A bowl bid is coming, their first since 93 If memory serves.

dw13
11-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Lets see some upsets today!

mrtybrodur30
11-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Hoping Bama wins and wins big to clear the way for Boise State. Great games today and tomorrow, enjoy everybody!

mrtybrodur30
11-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Wow I really cant believe Alabama blew that game. Game changing play was Richardson dropping the easy TD pass on a 1st and goal, would have been 28-0, instead they settle for a FG and only get one more FG the rest of the game! The Ingram fumble for a touchback was a big play in the game as well.

Up 24-0 only to lose 28-27 crazy.

dw13
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Unreal honestly. You are right those two plays are huge, I thought the touchback was the biggest one. I said it when it happend, it really could come back to hurt them.

Pissed off that Newton is going to play in the title game.

mrtybrodur30
11-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Unreal honestly. You are right those two plays are huge, I thought the touchback was the biggest one. I said it when it happend, it really could come back to hurt them.

Pissed off that Newton is going to play in the title game.
Yeah both were bad, it was a great game to watch but just didnt see it ending like that one. Auburn still has to beat South Carolina but this was the best chance that they would lose. Nobody see's Oregon losing there remaining two games either me included. I really dont like Oregon! ugh haha

Forgot to mention earlier Texas A&M will be fun to watch next year, have only seen a bit of there last couple games during there big winning streak and they can play some great ball especially that defensive line.

dw13
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah both were bad, it was a great game to watch but just didnt see it ending like that one. Auburn still has to beat South Carolina but this was the best chance that they would lose. Nobody see's Oregon losing there remaining two games either me included. I really dont like Oregon! ugh haha

Forgot to mention earlier Texas A&M will be fun to watch next year, have only seen a bit of there last couple games during there big winning streak and they can play some great ball especially that defensive line.

Oregon could slip up tonight, there's no doubt about it. The Civil War won't be easy, either. They always seem to lose a game like this every season.

mrtybrodur30
11-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Oregon could slip up tonight, there's no doubt about it. The Civil War won't be easy, either. They always seem to lose a game like this every season.I would say Oregon State could be a threat if both Rodgers brothers were healthy. Im hoping Arizona can pull it out but thats a tough thing to do at Oregon.

dw13
11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
I really like Nick Foles.

Spartan
11-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I really like Nick Foles.I wish he were still at MSU. He is miles ahead of Cousins.

Doctego
11-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Mother fucker. The holiday, shopping today, and the father-in-law being in the hospital has me like a chicken without his head. I forgot about the Alabama game being today and was looking forward to relaxing tomorrow and watching it.

dw13
11-27-2010, 01:42 AM
This is madness!! How does Nevada let him behind their secondary?! How does the kicker push that chip shot?!

We are headed to OT!

dw13
11-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Absolutely insane. Biggest choker I've seen in a long time.

mrtybrodur30
11-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Haha exactly what I was about to say and was thinking, I havent seen a player choke like that in a sports event in a long LONG time. Cant believe that amazing play Moore had to Titus young with the few remaining seconds left in regulation went to complete shit because of Brotzman. Not to mention both misses were right down the middle!! Just wow lol unbelievable. Would have been a lock for the Rose Bowl and still had a chance at the Title game.

What a game by Doug Martin as well, just a beast of a game too bad thats ruined though.

Just pissed though cause Boise State has such a great team this year. Would have loved to see them face any one of Oregon, Auburn in the Title game or one of Wisconsin/Ohio State/Michigan State in the Rose Bowl game. Really too bad, yeah they lost but its how they lost.

dw13
11-27-2010, 10:18 AM
They were unconvincing last night to say the least. I understand it's on the road against a pretty decent team, but Nevada is nothing more then that, a decent team.

Spartan
11-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Super proud of the amazing 11-1 season Coach Dantonio put together. It made for a lot of great memories at SS this year. Just waiting on the voters and BCS to find out our bowl fate. We should be in the Rose Bowl but a team we destroyed is likely there instead. Its likely off to the Cap 1 Bowl versus an SEC matchup.

mrtybrodur30
11-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Ohio State and Michigan State not playing each other hurt both schools. Would have made the difference for one of them. Even though Michigan State beat Wisconsin earlier Wisconsin is playing at a different level right now than anyone in the Big 10. That is crazy all 3 are 11-1 though. Cant wait for the Conference Championship games starting next year in the Big-10.

What a game this Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State game is especially the 4th Qtr.

WOW! Oklahoma State defense getting burned deep a 2nd time late in the 4th.

dw13
11-28-2010, 02:46 AM
No words will sum up my thoughts on our coaching staff.

I don't care how many titles Urban has. Unacceptable.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Ohio State and Michigan State not playing each other hurt both schools. Would have made the difference for one of them. Even though Michigan State beat Wisconsin earlier Wisconsin is playing at a different level right now than anyone in the Big 10. That is crazy all 3 are 11-1 though. Cant wait for the Conference Championship games starting next year in the Big-10.Yeah I agree we need the championship game if we can't play round robin in conference. I'm gonna disagree about Wiscy. Ringing up the score on bad teams that are banged up means nothing. We beat Wisconsin with John Clay and Nick Toon. But I understand the process, it matters when you lose. For the program I actually welcome the Cap 1 bowl. The matchup will be more prestigious versus the SEC. Playing TCU in the Rose is a total trap for a major conference program, lose and people will talk about it for years, win and people say yeah but you didn't play anyone.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 08:12 AM
On another note, Randy Shannon fired at the U, umm why?

heliosj
11-28-2010, 09:33 AM
If I had to guess? Way too much drama + a lackluster record? Also the USF loss was embarrassing as all hell. I suspect they already have a very high profile candidate waiting to take the helm.

dw13
11-28-2010, 11:23 AM
On another note, Randy Shannon fired at the U, umm why?

Sarcasm, I hope.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 11:36 AM
The college football landscape has changed. Miami thinking they are a coach away from greatness is the same logic of Notre Dame and Michigan fans.

dw13
11-28-2010, 11:39 AM
The college football landscape has changed. Miami thinking they are a coach away from greatness is the same logic of Notre Dame and Michigan fans.

But when you don't see the end of losing in the near future, then you have to make the change. Miami has talented, not coached enough. Get someone in there that actually can do some coaching instead of appealing to the kids in the Miami area.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
You guys know more than I do about it, being closer to the program. From the outside I see the progress, but you are only as good as your quarterback. Right now they are not good.

dw13
11-28-2010, 11:52 AM
You guys know more than I do about it, being closer to the program. From the outside I see the progress, but you are only as good as your quarterback. Right now they are not good.

The progress they made when he first arrived seemingly has hit a stand-still. I thought they'd give him one more season, but they made the change and must have someone in mind. The QB play has been bad, but the team in general hasn't been good at all. Shannon should get credit for making Miami more appealing to Miami kids, and they'll need a coach to come in and keep that going without question.

heliosj
11-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I'll be absolutely stunned if they don't replace him with a high profile coach that has mega-recruiting prowess. Miami is not a school lacking the funds to bring in just about anyone they want. They tried to give a local guy a chance and he went just slightly above .500 with a decline this season. It is time to bring in the big guns and start a 3 to 5 year rebuilding effort. Now the only question is.. who do they have on the speed dial?

dw13
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I'll be absolutely stunned if they don't replace him with a high profile coach that has mega-recruiting prowess. Miami is not a school lacking the funds to bring in just about anyone they want. They tried to give a local guy a chance and he went just slightly above .500 with a decline this season. It is time to bring in the big guns and start a 3 to 5 year rebuilding effort. Now the only question is.. who do they have on the speed dial?

I surely hope they are not thinking possibly along the lines of Richt. I'll keep shouting this name to every high profile job open: Gus Malzahn. He is today's college football.

Motorcat
11-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular season ends for the Wolfpack in a disaster of an effort in Maryland ........ goodbye ACC Title and Orange Bowl appearance - hello obscure bowl bid.

:\

b_illin
11-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I hate Laval. They ruin CIS football.

mrtybrodur30
11-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Crazy to think if Virginia Tech didnt lose to James Madison they would be in the top 5 lol. They were ranked 13 after the week 1 loss to Boise State and since then everybody ahead of them has lost atleast once except Oregon and TCU. Alabama, Texas, Florida, Iowa and Miami were also ahead of them.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Crazy to think if Virginia Tech didnt lose to James Madison they would be in the top 5 lol. They were ranked 13 after the week 1 loss to Boise State and since then everybody ahead of them has lost atleast once except Oregon and TCU. Alabama, Texas, Florida, Iowa and Miami were also ahead of them.It says more about preseason rankings than anything else. Nearly all the teams you mentioned had no business being ranked. It all has to do with reputation, like recruit rankings. One way to vastly improve this flawed system is to not release any rankings until the 6th week.

dw13
11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
It says more about preseason rankings than anything else. Nearly all the teams you mentioned had no business being ranked. It all has to do with reputation, like recruit rankings. One way to vastly improve this flawed system is to not release any rankings until the 6th week.

Week 5 or 6 would be perfect, and I agree. Preseason rankings mean SO much these days.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Bill Lynch has been fired at Indiana. They have been rebuilding since the 80's. I have to believe that between IU and Minny, Brady Hoke has to fit into one of those.

dw13
11-28-2010, 07:55 PM
A close friend of mine and a Miami fan is telling me he has heard thru the grapevine that they are in talks with Gruden.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 08:55 PM
A close friend of mine and a Miami fan is telling me he has heard thru the grapevine that they are in talks with Gruden.Same thing going around twitter. I would believe Mike Leach way before Gruden.

dw13
11-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Same thing going around twitter. I would believe Mike Leach way before Gruden.

I would too.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Gotta admit Leach has everything that Miami represents.:lol:

dw13
11-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Gotta admit Leach has everything that Miami represents.:lol:

I said pretty much the same thing to my friend :lol:

dw13
11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Peter King is rubbishing the Gruden reports.

Spartan
11-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Daw, guru of all things SEC. Who will our Cap 1 opponent be?

dw13
11-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Daw, guru of all things SEC. Who will our Cap 1 opponent be?

My guess would be LSU with Alabama going to the Cotton I think.

dw13
11-29-2010, 10:38 AM
TCU to the Big East

heliosj
11-29-2010, 10:47 AM
If Gruden goes to Miami, I'll eat my hat. That's just silliness.

Spartan
11-29-2010, 11:46 AM
TCU to the Big East:lol::lol::lol:

Somehow Boise State ends up in a worse conference than the WAC. Look for Chris Peterson to bolt for the highest bidder.

But this is mutually beneficial to the Big East and TCU. They get into a qualifying conference and the conference gets a legit football team.

dw13
11-29-2010, 11:50 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Somehow Boise State ends up in a worse conference than the WAC. Look for Chris Peterson to bolt for the highest bidder.

But this is mutually beneficial to the Big East and TCU. They get into a qualifying conference and the conference gets a legit football team.

And the basketball conference gets another bottom dweller. :lol:

Spartan
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
And the basketball conference gets another bottom dweller. :lol:Bye week.

mrtybrodur30
11-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Now all the wins TCU has had the past couple years will be credited to the Big East, BCS is bullshit and yeah as soon as Boise State joined people leave, Utah was already headed to the Pac-12 but then BYU leaves and now TCU.

Boise State
TCU
BYU
Nevada
Fresno State
and maybe soon Hawaii it would have been a good start to a pretty decent conference.

two24four
12-01-2010, 12:28 AM
If Gruden goes to Miami, I'll eat my hat. That's just silliness.

So do you have a hat ready :D;)

http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=343603

Sounds like he's closer to becoming the head coach at Miami.

dw13
12-01-2010, 12:33 AM
I still want to see some confirmation. I'm not even sure I like the fit even if it happens, though.

dw13
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Absolutely fucking shocked by the ruling on SCam Newton. The NCAA is going down a very slippery slope with this one.

Spartan
12-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Absolutely fucking shocked by the ruling on SCam Newton. The NCAA is going down a very slippery slope with this one.Yeah pretty embarrassing that they did this, blame Reggie Bush. Now that Newton is clearly the Heisman winner and likely a high draft pick the NCAA chose to wash their hands of it by this decision. After Newton gets paid in the NFL, all the truth will come out. And just like Reggie Bush no one will care by the time it happens.

dw13
12-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Urban is stepping down after the bowl game. Retiring from the game. I know it's still early and I'm really heated over it but he didn't do a god damn thing this year. He didn't try. He didn't care. He didn't look interested. I'm absolutely furious that he didn't leave last year. His disinterest this year is pretty fucking clear now and he dicked around the team and cost us a full year of development.

He'll always be known as one of the best coaches at Florida and the little time I spent around him I really liked him and I know he's a good guy and a great family man but he could of spared the university and just meant what he said last year and kept out. It hurt us this season badly.

Now, go get Dan Mullen.

Spartan
12-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah, its a bit curious that he did not do this last year. (Actually he did)
Florida will be just fine though. They are a top 5 job and can choose who they want.

Motorcat
12-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Coincidence ?

Denver Bronco's and Tim Tebow need a head coach and Mayer calls it quits at Florida

two24four
12-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Coincidence ?

Denver Bronco's and Tim Tebow need a head coach and Mayer calls it quits at Florida

Adam Schefter said he asked around about that, he was told no way.

dw13
12-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Urban is taking a break from the game. He might pick it back up and possibly look at the NFL but he's going away for a bit now.

Dan Mullen, come on home.

Doctego
12-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Meyer is a great coach but, if he recants this retirement, we might have to call him Favre.:D

dw13
12-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Meyer is a great coach but, if he recants this retirement, we might have to call him Favre.:D

:lol:

Favre might have to come back if he does that. No way can Brett allow him to one-up him!

Doctego
12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Urban is taking a break from the game. He might pick it back up and possibly look at the NFL but he's going away for a bit now.

Dan Mullen, come on home.

Looks like Will Muschamp is the guy.

dw13
12-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Looks like Will Muschamp is the guy.

Look forward to meeting him. I love his energy, I love his style and his defense obviously. He'll need to bring over a very good and experienced OC to take control of the offense but I have little doubts that he will succeed. Surround himself with a good staff and watch this man recruit/coach.

Very happy.

I also think that there is more to the Urban thing. I've heard whispers from some of my Gator friends about it and it possibly could be true.

dw13
12-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Applewhite is rumored to be the OC. Not impressed. At all.

b_illin
12-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Look forward to meeting him. I love his energy, I love his style and his defense obviously. He'll need to bring over a very good and experienced OC to take control of the offense but I have little doubts that he will succeed. Surround himself with a good staff and watch this man recruit/coach.

Very happy.

I also think that there is more to the Urban thing. I've heard whispers from some of my Gator friends about it and it possibly could be true.

care to elaborate?

Doctego
12-12-2010, 02:42 PM
There's a lot of life to NFL rumors for Meyer around here.

dw13
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
care to elaborate?

Whispers that Urban was refusing to listen to the booster and make some staff changes. They got extremely upset with him through the season and Urban was already telling him he was going to step down because of family reasons. Now they are saying it's health again, which I don't want to understate but I'm fairly positive that's not the reason.

I think we could see Urban back coaching sooner then we think.

There's a lot of life to NFL rumors for Meyer around here.

Don't think it'll be next year.

Spartan
12-13-2010, 06:03 PM
This is just shit.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/psu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/6049718.jpeg

b_illin
12-13-2010, 06:06 PM

Spartan
12-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Then they are calling the championship trophy the Stagg-Paterno Trophy.

Stagg, although a founding father of the B10, coached at Chicago, who left the conference athletically around the Great Depression. Paterno, although a legend, made his biggest accomplishments prior to joining the B10 and State Penn has not been a member that long either and their fanbase always bitches about being in the conference. Whats wrong with just calling it the B10 Championship?

Buckeye
12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
This is just shit.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/psu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/6049718.jpeg

I couldn't agree more, Spartan

Spartan
12-20-2010, 10:53 PM
In case you are not sure of how bad the NCAA leadership is doing. Tom Izzo was suspended because his summer basketball camp (for middle school players) employed a coach with ties to a recruit. The coach was paid $475 dollars for his work. The recruit he is related to was not offered by Izzo or any other major program for that matter.

But go ahead and believe Cam Newton had no idea his father was getting paid for his choice of school.

dw13
12-20-2010, 11:06 PM
In case you are not sure of how bad the NCAA leadership is doing. Tom Izzo was suspended because his summer basketball camp (for middle school players) employed a coach with ties to a recruit. The coach was paid $475 dollars for his work. The recruit he is related to was not offered by Izzo or any other major program for that matter.

But go ahead and believe Cam Newton had no idea his father was getting paid for his choice of school.

:lol:

dw13
12-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Mike Adams, Dan Herron, DeVier Posey, Terrelle Pyror and Soloman Thomas all suspended. 5 games next season.

tO$U can kiss Posey and Pyror good bye. No reason to come back now.

They get tattoos and 5 games, Newton gets 250k and 0 games.

But how the fuck do they get to still play in the Sugar Bowl?

b_illin
12-23-2010, 01:22 PM
:d

Spartan
12-23-2010, 01:56 PM
LOL we are their fifth game.

dw13
12-23-2010, 02:24 PM
LOL we are their fifth game.

Guess that's two years in a row you don't play them:lol:

dw13
12-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Jeremy Foley (Florida AD) on Urban Meyer:

"Urban will coach again. He's fine with a '12 return as long as it's not at Georgia."

Motorcat
12-29-2010, 09:37 PM
NC State forces 5 (#22) West Virginia turnovers and wins the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando last night 23-7. I am hoping the Wolfpack sneaks into the final rankings

:cool:

Baylor gets clobbered in the Texas Bowl in Houston tonight (38-14)

:dead:

Doctego
12-30-2010, 06:37 PM
This New Era Pinstripe Bowl was pretty damn exciting.

Doctego
12-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Another crazy ending in the Music City Bowl. Going to OT right now.

Doctego
12-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Charlie Weis going to Florida to be the OC?? Interesting.

b_illin
12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Charlie Weis going to Florida to be the OC?? Interesting.

What?? :eek:

two24four
12-31-2010, 03:28 PM
He would be nuts to leave KC.

dw13
12-31-2010, 04:05 PM
He would be nuts to leave KC.

Why? :lol: If Florida wants him bad enough, they'll pay him enough. It's the premier offensive job in America.

Would be a wonderful hire if true.

two24four
12-31-2010, 04:44 PM
The $$$$ will be good, but I think he's better in the NFL.

dw13
12-31-2010, 04:48 PM
The $$$$ will be good, but I think he's better in the NFL.

He's a great offensive mind. He made Clausen what he was. The offense was never a problem at ND. He isn't suited to be a HC, and I don't think he will give it a shot ever again.

Hurry and lose in the playoffs, KC. :lol:

ih8music
12-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Pretty strange move, but perhaps he prefers the college game/players/coaching staffs.

b_illin
01-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Goodbye dickrod?

Bad day for the big ten :(