PDA

View Full Version : French Open 2010

dw13
05-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Roddick is in trouble early at the French, what else is new! :lol:

Murray went down 2 sets to 0 yesterday vs. Gasquet and came back to win in 5.

mrtybrodur30
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
DW did you see any of the Fognini vs Monfils 2 day affair? So happy Fognini came back and won especially after the BS that was pulled last night. Fognini being forced back onto the court in almost pitch black after being penalized a point! That ITF official should be fined for letting Monfils talk him into continuing the match just like he did vs Roddick last year. Great match though best of the tournament so far.

Otherwise today sucked with all the rain :zzz:

Everyone with the grounds pass tomorrow in Paris is in for a treat with so many star players probably being forced to play on the outer courts.

dw13
05-27-2010, 07:33 PM
DW did you see any of the Fognini vs Monfils 2 day affair? So happy Fognini came back and won especially after the BS that was pulled last night. Fognini being forced back onto the court in almost pitch black after being penalized a point! That ITF official should be fined for letting Monfils talk him into continuing the match just like he did vs Roddick last year. Great match though best of the tournament so far.

Otherwise today sucked with all the rain :zzz:

Everyone with the grounds pass tomorrow in Paris is in for a treat with so many star players probably being forced to play on the outer courts.

Was waiting for you to respond.

As much as I like Monfils, I'm glad to see Fognini win because of that bullshit.

Today was horrible, but tomorrows another day with even more fun play!

Ivanovic :\

mrtybrodur30
05-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Ivanovic just didnt put multiple good points together in a single game, she would have two great points than nothing next games same story. She looked as good as she ever has going to net but didnt do it often enough, plus she was double faulting at crucial moments. I thought she had a chance to make a little run with the decent draw she had especially after the way she had been playing the last few weeks but I guess not. She really needs to get her serve worked out.

Kleybanova did play well though she kept punishing Ana's backhand. Ivanovic forehand today was former #1 player stuff. But backhand was terrible.

dw13
05-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Hate seeing Tsonga retire. His game just isn't for clay though.

dw13
06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Soderling was great

mrtybrodur30
06-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah I think the rain delay didnt help Federer either. He was so close to taking that third set on that crazy break point against Soderling. I was amazed at how Soderling was hitting especially on the slow clay today. As good as Soderling was though I still think Berdych might beat him he has been playing great too will be a really good match.

For the womens im really pulling for Dementieva to get her first slam. She has been playing great out there.

dw13
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah I think the rain delay didnt help Federer either. He was so close to taking that third set on that crazy break point against Soderling. I was amazed at how Soderling was hitting especially on the slow clay today. As good as Soderling was though I still think Berdych might beat him he has been playing great too will be a really good match.

For the womens im really pulling for Dementieva to get her first slam. She has been playing great out there.

I actually thought when the delay happend that Fed was getting the advantage. You know Fed, he can go in there and analyze the mistakes and you know.

Berdych/Soderling will be a really good map.

The Womens side is wide open

moans
06-02-2010, 11:58 AM
GREAT to see both the Williams' sisters out.

dw13
06-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Djoko/Melzer match was incredible.

CayugaPosse
06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I actually thought when the delay happend that Fed was getting the advantage. You know Fed, he can go in there and analyze the mistakes and you know.

Berdych/Soderling will be a really good map.

The Womens side is wide open

I'm not so sure it is...we said on our FO preview show that Sam Stosur was one of the favourites, she's easily the woman to beat right now.

Great clay court season so far.

dw13
06-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm not so sure it is...we said on our FO preview show that Sam Stosur was one of the favourites, she's easily the woman to beat right now.

Great clay court season so far.

Womens draw is always wide open, especially at the French with a subpar Henin. Stosur played really well last year at Roland Garros, and has been awesome on Clay this whole season. She was definitely one of the favorites coming in, but that doesn't mean the tournament wasn't up for grabs because it surely is/was.

Almagro is turning into a really good player. Although he lost in straights, he was really in that match against Nadal today.

mrtybrodur30
06-02-2010, 10:18 PM
The womens draw is still wide open. Alot of people are saying Stosur but Jankovic is more than capable of beating her even more so on clay. I still like Dementieva though, I really think she can get through Schiavone. Jankovic/Stosur is a toss up and should be a good match. Another reason I think its wide open and not Stosur to beat is she hasnt even been in a Grand Slam Final before. ALOT of players usually struggle in there first final. Dementieva and Jankovic have played in finals before. Should be interesting.

mrtybrodur30
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Ahh that sucks Dementieva had to retire. You could tell she was not right at the end of the tiebreak though. Really tough break for here. Schiavone played well on to the Finals for her. Now on to Jankovic/Stosur should be a great one! I slightly like Jankovic.

dw13
06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Stosur was unbelievable. Clear favorite now over Schiavone (who can really hit the hell out of the ball though)

mrtybrodur30
06-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah Stosur played great and really gave Jankovic ALOT of problems. Jankovic even had a break in the 2nd but couldnt consolidate the break. Stosur had her guessing out there with her serve, great performance. Best match of the tournament for her imo.

dw13
06-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Schiavone was really good, she's full of energy and can rip the ball.

dw13
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Nadal reigns supreme once again. Domination.

dw13
06-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Wimbledon starts Monday!!

mrtybrodur30
06-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Day 1 at Wimbledon is awesome, just a huge event, grass always looks amazing, would be very cool to be there in person.

dw13
06-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Federer dropped the first set and is down a break in the second!!!

dw13
06-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Federer came back from 2-0. Falla picked up a groin injury late in the second / early third that really hurt him. Pretty crazy match though.

mrtybrodur30
06-21-2010, 02:47 PM
When Roger was serving and was a couple of break points down at 4-4 in the 3rd I was getting nervous, he was so close and got REALLY lucky to escape this one today. wow crazy match to start.

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
This Isner/Mahut match is just incredible. 36-35 right now in the 5th set! Isner is hanging on by a thread though he is very tired but still getting the aces somehow someway. Intense!

dw13
06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
This Isner/Mahut match is just incredible. 36-35 right now in the 5th set! Isner is hanging on by a thread though he is very tired but still getting the aces somehow someway. Intense!

Isn't this amazing? I can't believe what I am watching to be honest.

Oh and Federer just dropped the second set to a qualifier!!

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Even at 30 all I didnt see it going to 35 let alone 41 all like it is now. Cannot believe these guys are still out there and able to stand!

dw13
06-23-2010, 12:57 PM
This is incredible. Cmon Isner!!!

I can't believe neither guy has gotten mad, or upset or rattled at all!

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
This is incredible. Cmon Isner!!!

I can't believe neither guy has gotten mad, or upset or rattled at all!They dont have the energy too lol This is like playing a Stanley Cup playoff game then the next day playing another won and its in like the 5th OT. Insane.

dw13
06-23-2010, 01:04 PM
They dont have the energy too lol This is like playing a Stanley Cup playoff game then the next day playing another won and its in like the 5th OT. Insane.

Still. Not even a shout, any sign of anger. They are wooped but still!! this is remarkable. I'm not going back to soccer until this is over.

nyrblue2
06-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Anyone know if this match is a new record for length (games and/or time)?

EDIT - I did you google search myself (you lazy bastards :D) and it is indeed the longest of all-time - time and games.

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Anyone know if this match is a new record for length (games and/or time)?It has smashed a bunch of records this set alone I think is longer than the longest match, total aces, Isner almost has 100 aces alone. Its just unheard of how long this is going on. The most amazing thing has been the Isner 2nd serves hes firing them in there for aces a ton of times just crazy.

Mahut is even close to breaking Karlovic's previous record for aces that Isner break about an hour ago.

nyrblue2
06-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I didn't see the majority of this - did Mahut break at all in the latter stages? Or has serve been held the whole way? That must have sucked for Mahut if he broke to go up, say 35-34, but couldn't hold serve.

EDIT - And again I answer my own question by looking it up myself - Mahut has not had a break point yet this set. Isner has had a few, but obviously no conversions.

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I didn't see the majority of this - did Mahut break at all in the latter stages? Or has serve been held the whole way? That must have sucked for Mahut if he broke to go up, say 35-34, but couldn't hold serve.

EDIT - And again I answer my own question by looking it up myself - Mahut has not had a break point yet this set. Isner has had a few, but obviously no conversions.
Mahut had a break chance and converted in the 2nd set(yesterday) hes had 2 or 3 chances in the last 20 games when he was a point away from a break point and Isner fires a 2nd serve ace its just been unbelievable.

Edit- Isner holds saving 2 break points!!

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
These guys have spent more time on court the last two days than some players spend through the quarters or semi's.

dw13
06-23-2010, 02:30 PM
This is absolutely unreal.

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
The groundskeeper is like F***! The service areas already look like its the start of the 2nd week. atleast its not center court lol

P.S. Isner is a zombie out there but still holding serve. Great stuff what a match.

MTR
06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
This match is just insane. No breaks since the 2nd set.

dw13
06-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Play suspended.

Unreal.

mrtybrodur30
06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Incredible.

mrtybrodur30
06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Isner!! 70-68 in the 5th What an end to this amazing match. Both players were awesome.

MTR
06-24-2010, 10:59 AM
I watched it off and on yesterday. I would not call it amazing.

dw13
06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
What a match.

Very happy the big man won it.

FlyGuy78
06-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I watched it off and on yesterday. I would not call it amazing.

WTF would you call it then?? :rolleyes:

MTR
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM
WTF would you call it then?? :rolleyes:

A very long historic tennis match. Does not mean it was amazing. Now I did not watch the whole thing but honestly I saw a lot of aces and very short rallies. I didn't see any long rallies even early on. Nothing great. Just regular everyday tennis where two people couldn't break each other. Maybe I missed some amazing plays but from what I saw and have read I wouldn't call it amazing unless you are just referring to the length of the match. Now that is amazing that they didn't fall dead or pass out from exhaustion. Overall though not amazing.

Cornholio
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Great match, although I didn't watch it.

Reminds me of the 1992 (?) WWF Royal Rumble, the Battle Royal.
The reporters said every 3, 4 minutes:
"Is Rick Martel still in there?"
"Yes, The Model is still hangin' in there"
:D :D :D

dw13
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
A very long historic tennis match. Does not mean it was amazing. Now I did not watch the whole thing but honestly I saw a lot of aces and very short rallies. I didn't see any long rallies even early on. Nothing great. Just regular everyday tennis where two people couldn't break each other. Maybe I missed some amazing plays but from what I saw and have read I wouldn't call it amazing unless you are just referring to the length of the match. Now that is amazing that they didn't fall dead or pass out from exhaustion. Overall though not amazing.

Yeah, it wasn't amazing in the sense that they played great tennis. Today, they did play really good tennis but yesterday ended up being pretty poor. That's no diss on the match, they were completely wore out obviously... but I get what you were saying.

Not "amazing" in their play, but "amazing" in the fact at the length and fortitude it took to win a match like that.

mrtybrodur30
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
A very long historic tennis match. Does not mean it was amazing. Now I did not watch the whole thing but honestly I saw a lot of aces and very short rallies. I didn't see any long rallies even early on. Nothing great. Just regular everyday tennis where two people couldn't break each other. Maybe I missed some amazing plays but from what I saw and have read I wouldn't call it amazing unless you are just referring to the length of the match. Now that is amazing that they didn't fall dead or pass out from exhaustion. Overall though not amazing.Well even players with energy dont usually have long rallies playing on grass plus these guys were dead out there yesterday. It was amazing cause the length and how they kept playing and they werent hitting alot of errors either, very few break points in that fifth set over the course of 138 games is crazy. Isner was serving incredible and taking huge risks on second serves and getting aces with them on very big points. Mahut was facing the pressure of serving to stay in that match over 60 times!

The mental drain these guys had to go through was probably worse than what happened physicially they had no time to lose focus or else it would have been over. The match ended on some great shots as well. The last two games were great. For sure an amazing match it had everything.

dw13
06-24-2010, 03:40 PM
By the way, Mahut played doubles today too. Incredible.

dw13
06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Good to see Venus get dumped out.

Tsonga is playing unreal even though he's injured. Good stuff.

dw13
06-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Berdych dismantled Federer. Impressive.

Tsonga/Murray next. Cmon Jo Willy!!!

dw13
06-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Good first set and a half from Tsonga... then Murray wore him down. :(

dw13
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Cmon Murray, come back and beat Nadal!

Congrats to Berdych for destroying Djokovic and Federer.

dw13
07-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Nadal is unreal. Best defense by a tennis player in the games history.

dw13
07-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Congrats to Rafa. There was never any doubts after watching him play against Murray.

pjm
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, Berdych never really stood a chance. Rafa at his best is just incredible to watch. Congrats on another one, Rafa.

phaneuf6
08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
The Rogers Cup is on right now. Nadal is facing Wawrinka in the first set, it's in a tie break 11-11. Incredible tennis.

phaneuf6
08-11-2010, 09:09 PM
What a great tennis match. Nadal eventually wins but boy, there were some fantastic rallies. Gained a ton of respect for Wawrinka.

Great start to the Rogers Cup. Great to have such a high profile tournament in Toronto.

dw13
09-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Great to see Ivanovic play so well.

mrtybrodur30
09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Nice to see her avenge that loss to jie at Wimbledon a few years back. The ball toss is still really bad, her serve is fine its just the toss that transforms her serve from a weapon to just a normal serve. Hopefully she keeps going though.

canuckthug
09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
The Rogers Cup is on right now. Nadal is facing Wawrinka in the first set, it's in a tie break 11-11. Incredible tennis.

Semi Finals New York Open on right now, #2 Roger Federer is facing #3 Djokovic. #1 Nadal cruised to the finals earlier today. Awsome.

Cornholio
09-11-2010, 06:00 PM
What a great tennis match!!!
Nice to see Djokovic in the final, I just doubt he can beat Nadal...

dw13
10-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't know where else to put it, but Dementieva has retired.

dw13
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
French Open 2011 now!

Raonic was just dumped out in the first round.

dw13
05-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Oh Tsonga. Just completely hit a wall late in the 3rd and that was the end of it.

He looked outstanding until that point.

Damnit.