PDA

View Full Version : Stat Corrections

Chilly_Willy
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
FYI - Yahoo is showing an assist by D. Sedin tonight that I am not seeing in any box scores. I don't think it is going to count. He made the pass then there was a shot on the goalie and the goal was on the rebound. I hope they count it, don't know.

Huge stat correction this week for Henrik Sedin, a short handed goal.

Mar 30 Erik Karlsson PPP -1
Mar 30 Erik Karlsson A -1
Mar 30 Shawn Horcoff A 1
Mar 30 Henrik Sedin SHP 1
Mar 30 Daniel Alfredsson PPP 1
Mar 30 Daniel Alfredsson A 1
Mar 29 Mike Grier A 1
Mar 28 David Moss PPP 1
Mar 28 David Moss A 1
Mar 28 Mark Giordano PPP -1
Mar 28 Mark Giordano A -1
Mar 26 Aaron Johnson PPP -1
Mar 26 Aaron Johnson A -1
Mar 26 Ryan Whitney PPP 1
Mar 26 Ryan Whitney A 1

Best to check your league since stats I don't have will not show like face offs or GWG

Zangetsu
04-03-2010, 12:09 AM
I was watching the game, and Daniel did get an assist tonight. It came on the Canucks fourth goal (Hansen's, I think). NHL.com froze up with about twelve minutes left to go in that game.

Glad to see that the SHG was added. I don't play in any leagues that count SHP/SHG, but that would suck to lose such a rare stat because of Yahoo's stat provider's error.

Chilly_Willy
04-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Sweet my matchup is so close that assist is huuuuge, thanks for the good news.

$T$
04-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Rene Bourque had his goal taken away from him in Friday's win over Colorado.
Just an FYI. He was credited with an assist on Cory Sarich's first marker of the season, which ended up being the game-winner. Bourque has 25 goals and 56 points in 69 games this campaign for the Flames. He should be active down the stretch if you own him as he has five points in the last three games.
Source: Calgary Sun (http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/2010/04/03/13457806.html)

Gern Blansten
04-04-2010, 01:13 PM
^ is just HUGE for my squad. That will happen at the end of the week correct?

FYI, it has been corrected on the box-score at nhl.com

*Edit: When will the change be reflected? Overnight? Tomorrow?

Zangetsu
04-04-2010, 03:42 PM
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/hockey/scoring/hocscup.html

If the correction is made, the change will not be reflected in your team's stats until tomorrow morning.

There is a chance that Yahoo will not update their system in time. If they don't update by early tomorrow morning, they never will (at least in H2H leagues).

$T$
04-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Hmm, it doesnt look like they have it in the stat corrections yet in Yahoo... So if they don't get it done within the week it never happens?

Chilly_Willy
04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
That is right if they don't do it before the match ends at around 3:00am tomorrow its water under the bridge

mike550
04-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Karlsson gets another point? Really?

Chilly_Willy
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Karlsson is getting a PPA taken away is all I can see for him

mike550
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Ah damn that wouldn't be cool lol!

$T$
04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
That is right if they don't do it before the match ends at around 3:00am tomorrow its water under the bridge

Wow, that REALLY sucks... can't even imagine how I'd feel if I lost because of that.

Chilly_Willy
04-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Wow, that REALLY sucks... can't even imagine how I'd feel if I lost because of that.

Actually I am not 100% sure. But this did happen in a match in a previous season. A stat change was aknolwedged but not added until the next matchup started and was not reincorporated. It was a regular season game so it wasn't a huge deal, but loosing the finals over it would be huge bummer. I am 95% sure if they don't add the stat in time they won't retro fit it.

Gern Blansten
04-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Rene Bourque had his goal taken away from him in Friday's win over Colorado.
Just an FYI. He was credited with an assist on Cory Sarich's first marker of the season, which ended up being the game-winner. Bourque has 25 goals and 56 points in 69 games this campaign for the Flames. He should be active down the stretch if you own him as he has five points in the last three games.
Source: Calgary Sun (http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/2010/04/03/13457806.html)

It's now official. If Yahoo does not change this I will get bounced from the finals. With the change I would end up tied 3-3 and would win on both of the tie-breakers (not to mention the old way too). They still have their highlighted box saying it's Bourque's goal.

Here's the nhl.com box score: http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009021162

$T$
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
It's now official. If Yahoo does not change this I will get bounced from the finals. With the change I would end up tied 3-3 and would win on both of the tie-breakers (not to mention the old way too). They still have their highlighted box saying it's Bourque's goal.

Here's the nhl.com box score: http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009021162

Make sure you email Yahoo because it isn't in their stat corrections right now... Under the "Players" Tab and then "Stat Corrections" that's where it would be... Keep us informed on what happens...

Gern Blansten
04-05-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I did. I provided the link to the nhl.com box score and a Calgary Sun article that you referenced.

Don't have a great feeling about this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I cannot be the only one who is affected by this.

Gern Blansten
04-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Make sure you email Yahoo because it isn't in their stat corrections right now... Under the "Players" Tab and then "Stat Corrections" that's where it would be... Keep us informed on what happens...

The changes were made and I made it through to the finals! My faith in Yahoo's free service is restored. :D

$T$
04-05-2010, 09:20 AM
The changes were made and I made it through to the finals! My faith in Yahoo's free service is restored. :D

Yup, I see it now. Good to know.

Chilly_Willy
04-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Awesome!

Zangetsu
04-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I just came across something while working on the goalie rankings. In my league, Roberto Luongo posted a 1.93GAA in Sunday's game. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Luongo in goal for all three of Minny's goals?

If this happened in all of Yahoo's leagues, I wonder how many matchups may have been affected.

WIS
04-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I just came across something while working on the goalie rankings. In my league, Roberto Luongo posted a 1.93GAA in Sunday's game. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Luongo in goal for all three of Minny's goals?

If this happened in all of Yahoo's leagues, I wonder how many matchups may have been affected.

wow I just realized this too. It's because of this error I am not in the finals!!!

Zangetsu
04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I totally missed it, but I was looking at Luongo's game log while working on the rankings, and I noticed that it said he only allowed 2G. Depending on how many goalie games someone had used during the week, 1GA could make a pretty big difference in both GAA and SV%. I'm surprised nobody had noticed this before.

Dangles
04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I totally missed it, but I was looking at Luongo's game log while working on the rankings, and I noticed that it said he only allowed 2G. Depending on how many goalie games someone had used during the week, 1GA could make a pretty big difference in both GAA and SV%. I'm surprised nobody had noticed this before.

Wow. I would actually lose my H2H finals if this was stat corrected. But I've already been paid! Wow I hope none of my leaguemates sees this.

$T$
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM

Yeah he was in for all 3 goals, i watched it live... I'm sure that might have cost a few people.

Zamboners
04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Not sure about this one, but had started Cam Ward last night vs TB, but Legace started the game. For whatever reason, Manny didn't finish game. As I looked at stats today, Cam Ward was credited with a win even though Manny left game while winning. Not sure about this, will Cam get his win revoked with stat corrections?

Gern Blansten
04-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Not sure about this one, but had started Cam Ward last night vs TB, but Legace started the game. For whatever reason, Manny didn't finish game. As I looked at stats today, Cam Ward was credited with a win even though Manny left game while winning. Not sure about this, will Cam get his win revoked with stat corrections?

Legacy played 25:09 minutes last night and then Ward came in. Carolina scored their GWG at the 6:43 mark of the 2nd period. Means that Ward was in net when the GWG was scored and thus he gets the win.

WIS
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM

Well this officially screwed me:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

I apologize for any inconvenience with regard to league scoring for
Roberto Luongo.

Unfortunately, we did not receive a stat correction from our stats
provider crediting Luongo with 3 Goals Against in time for it to be
applied to Week 24 scoring in Head-to-Head leagues.

All official scoring corrections are updated each Monday. Click "Stat
Corrections" from the Players page to view the listing of stat
corrections that are pending or have been completed. In Head-to-Head
leagues, corrections will be processed only if they apply to the most
recently completed matchups.

We value your interest in Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. If you have further
comments or questions, please feel free to reply to this email and we
will gladly assist you.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

Regards,

Johnny

Yahoo! Fantasy Sports Customer Care
Sports Fantasy Hockey

$T$
04-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Lidstrom's goal tonight could possibly be changed to Datsyuk from Lidstrom and Franzen... The announcers said it went off Dat's stick but it wasn't changed... Just FYI. (I hope it gets changed cause my opponent this week had Lidstrom and I have Dats, and I need goals haha). We'll see.

EDIT: NVM looks like they gave it to Holmstrom from Lidstrom and Franzen now which is even worse cause he has Holmstrom and Lidstrom lol... FUCK.

Chilly_Willy
04-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Well this officially screwed me:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

I apologize for any inconvenience with regard to league scoring for
Roberto Luongo.

Unfortunately, we did not receive a stat correction from our stats
provider crediting Luongo with 3 Goals Against in time for it to be
applied to Week 24 scoring in Head-to-Head leagues.

All official scoring corrections are updated each Monday. Click "Stat
Corrections" from the Players page to view the listing of stat
corrections that are pending or have been completed. In Head-to-Head
leagues, corrections will be processed only if they apply to the most
recently completed matchups.

We value your interest in Yahoo! Fantasy Sports. If you have further
comments or questions, please feel free to reply to this email and we
will gladly assist you.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

Regards,

Johnny

Yahoo! Fantasy Sports Customer Care
Sports Fantasy Hockey

I beleive this officially confirms that if they don't post the stat correction before Monday you are SOL.

Dubz
04-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Lidstrom's goal tonight could possibly be changed to Datsyuk from Lidstrom and Franzen... The announcers said it went off Dat's stick but it wasn't changed... Just FYI. (I hope it gets changed cause my opponent this week had Lidstrom and I have Dats, and I need goals haha). We'll see.

EDIT: NVM looks like they gave it to Holmstrom from Lidstrom and Franzen now which is even worse cause he has Holmstrom and Lidstrom lol... FUCK.

:lol:

$T$
04-10-2010, 02:45 PM
EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Zangetsu
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Huh? A shorty doesn't end a PP.

Dubz
04-10-2010, 03:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2010041001

1st period

Boston hooking - 2 min 19:42, M. Hunwick

2nd Period

0:32, Daniel Paille 10 (shorthanded) (Zdeno Chara, Johnny Boychuk)
1:21, Blake Wheeler 18 (shorthanded) (David Krejci)
1:36, Steve Begin 5 (shorthanded) (Dennis Wideman, Daniel Paille)

$T$
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Huh? A shorty doesn't end a PP.

Whooops!!!... Totally read that wrong lol. Thanks for clearing that up though Zang.

Zangetsu
04-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I kinda assumed it was just a misunderstanding. Still, incredibly impressive for the B's to pull this off.

WIS
04-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Hiller should get the W tonight, correct?

$T$
04-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Hiller should get the W tonight, correct?

Yup... He was credited with it in my league...

rhynoc
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Huge stat correction for all you Doughty owners. He went from 2 PP assists to 2 PP goals and 1 GWG.

Side Note:
Stat correction was made on Feb 2 but it hasn't reflected on the H2H matchups yet.
Anyone know why?

abusiveninja
02-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Huge stat correction for all you Doughty owners. He went from 2 PP assists to 2 PP goals and 1 GWG.

Side Note:
Stat correction was made on Feb 2 but it hasn't reflected on the H2H matchups yet.
Anyone know why?

I think they get corrected on Sundays.

looch17
02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
I think they get corrected on Sundays.Hope so cause I could use the help in goals this week.

abusiveninja
02-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Side Note:
Anyone know why?

I think they get corrected on Sundays.

Hope so cause I could use the help in goals this week.

Yeah, if you look on your league page under PLAYERS - STAT CORRECTIONS it says the changes will be made on Sunday Feb 6.

looch17
02-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Nice thanks for the update.