PDA

View Full Version : The official NASCAR thread...

Motorcat
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
My regular yearly group - everyone is invited to join.

Please share this with family,friends and other boards you post on - the more who join the better it is.

Its free at Yahoo ............

Info ...........

Group ID# 6803 Group Name Hockey Fans Group Password green flag

two24four
01-18-2010, 04:27 PM
They really dont get much of an off season do they, season ends in Nov, back racing in Feb.

dw13
01-18-2010, 04:33 PM
They really dont get much of an off season do they, season ends in Nov, back racing in Feb.

Do they need to rest their bodies after driving all year? :lol:

Dubz
01-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Do they need to rest their bodies after driving all year? :lol:

Are you serious? Im getting the feeling you are saying this sport is easy on the body if you are. While not as gruelling as a contact sport flipping your car 4 or 5 times at 200mph cant be that fairy like.:angelic:

I got 6th last year and that was good enough to take the Gold in my smaller league. Hendricks Homeboys will be back.

dw13
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Are you serious? Im getting the feeling you are saying this sport is easy on the body if you are. While not as gruelling as a contact sport flipping your car 4 or 5 times at 200mph cant be that fairy like.:angelic:

I got 6th last year and that was good enough to take the Gold in my smaller league. Hendricks Homeboys will be back.

I was messing around... kinda :D

Motorcat
01-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Flipping cars is not even really an issue - the heat, the g forces on your body for 400/500 laps. Not to mention a pace of a football field a second, being inches apart from one another and 42 other cars to avoid all while staying mentally sharp. One slip and the potential for killing yourself and several others becomes reality.

Anytime some one says all it is 'is left hand turns" tells me they know very little about racing.

dw13
01-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Flipping cars is not even really an issue - the heat, the g forces on your body for 400/500 laps. Not to mention a pace of a football field a second, being inches apart from one another and 42 other cars to avoid all while staying mentally sharp. One slip and the potential for killing yourself and several others becomes reality.

Anytime some one says all it is 'is left hand turns" tells me they know very little about racing.

I'm messing. I respect the guys. Hell, I bitch about driving an hour in the AC!

Dubz
01-19-2010, 01:14 AM

Yeah I like using quick exaggerated examples. ;) Im sure stopping in an instant while doing 150-200 mph when you hit the wall could be a little tough on the body/brain. Its the freak aspect I was pointing out. Siting in a car is NOT comfy boys....its a sport and requires much more training and BALLS than you would think from watching on TV. It is physically demanding but not as gruelling as a contact sport. Hey imagine how many guys get knuckle busted preparing those cars...thats gotta count for something:lol:

Motorcat
02-06-2010, 01:53 PM
bump - still time to join

heliosj
02-13-2010, 07:35 PM
http://racinginformer.com/ - A new member of the "informer" family.

Motorcat
02-14-2010, 02:13 PM
^ interesting .........any chance a forum will accompany it ?

heliosj
02-14-2010, 05:05 PM
That's the plan.

heliosj
02-14-2010, 06:25 PM
And thanks to a lengthy caution.. we now have a forum. ;)

Dubz
02-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Just put a cone over that thing and lets dodge it the rest of the day:lol:

Kid showed a little skill today imo....mad start to another great season. Boogity boyz...lets go racin'

Damn I hate novice drivers....they take out some of the contenders which makes it impossible to predict:rant:

Motorcat
02-14-2010, 10:15 PM
It wasn't just novice drivers taking out contenders - the 24 bump drafting in the corner had to be the bone head move of the race.

- and NASCAR's signature event was full of potholes

Dubz
02-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Well not to start an inquest or anything....but the 24 has has his share of being in the other spot and judging from his stance in the Shootout and the race it aint gonna be like that anymore.

Snipes16
02-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought Harvick got extremely unlucky with that Elliot wreck and only 2 laps left. That was the best move of the race and the poor prick didn't get rewarded for it.

Potholes? good lord

Motorcat
02-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Dubz - I could see that if the 24 had been having issues during the race but from what I could tell he was raced clean all day.

Dubz
02-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Dubz - I could see that if the 24 had been having issues during the race but from what I could tell he was raced clean all day.

You're probably right...I just have my 24 goggles on:cool:

The track falling apart was the real issue here.....embarrassing:$

Dubz
03-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Nobody has anything to say about the wrecks last week...odd?

Anyhow heres the drivers intro songs for Bristol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Presenting-your-driver-intro-songs-for-Sunday-s-?urn=nascar,228753

My Ringtone:cool:

Jeff Gordon (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/3/): "Boom Boom Pow" / Black Eyed Peas

My Favorite Band of all time:cool:

Jimmie Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/213/): "Ramble On" / Led Zeppelin

Motorcat
03-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Nobody has anything to say about the wrecks last week...odd?

We talked some about here - http://racinginformer.com/

Black Eye Peas - seriously ?

They have like 5 hit songs and every thing else is the suck.

Dubz
03-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Haha...No the BEP are the ringtone and ZEP is my Fav band.

:slap:

I posted a question over there once and dint get reply from Jason? Guess Ill give it another go.

Dubz
03-21-2010, 03:00 PM
I am NOT a Biffle fan.

Dubz
05-30-2010, 09:45 PM
I am NOT a Biffle fan.
Im not a Jeff Burton fan either...what a fucking tool after the race, somebody should punch his whiney ass face. I know you are a fan Mocat but that was just wrong...Kyle has been having a tough go lately and to try and add to it is idiotic. Im positive that its out of character for Burton but real bad timing for something like that. Im surprised he didnt get slapped like a little bitch (I like Kyle but think he is getting fat and too big for his britches...dont get me wrong)

Motorcat
05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Im not a Jeff Burton fan either...what a fucking tool after the race, somebody should punch his whiney ass face. I know you are a fan Mocat but that was just wrong...Kyle has been having a tough go lately and to try and add to it is idiotic. Im positive that its out of character for Burton but real bad timing for something like that. Im surprised he didnt get slapped like a little bitch (I like Kyle but think he is getting fat and too big for his britches...dont get me wrong)

I turned the race off as soon as it was over and went to bed - I have no idea what happened.

Dubz
05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
I turned the race off as soon as it was over and went to bed - I have no idea what happened.

Apparently Burton has chosen that this is time to "demand respect" IMO it bad timing and shows poor taste/class considering the struggles Ktle has been having "off" the track etc. To me it really seemed like a "gang up" on Kyle type of tirade.

I sort of over reacted tho (whats new:lol:) I made it seem nastier than it was but the timing really irked me.

Motorcat
05-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Who knows what actually happened .......... race coverage by FOX is extremely lacking unless your a Hendrick driver.

I think Burton is probably frustrated - he has had a couple of wins in the bag this season and last taken away by other driver's carelessness.

Plus Burton was top 10 all night - even up to 3rd at one point ..... that last restart he was sitting 6th and coming ...........then next thing you know he is in the pits for some mysterious reason. Thats a long hot race - maybe a heat of the moment deal.

I imagine more details will come out as the week progresses but until then - I'll give Burton the benefit of the doubt, considering you can count on one hand the number of issues Burton has had like this is in his entire career and vice versa with Kyle.

- I'll see what I can find out through the grape vine ......... One of Burton's crew usually posts a race synopsis on a racing forum I visit.

heliosj
06-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Stupid Marcus Ambrose...

Dubz
06-20-2010, 06:21 PM
The thing with Ambrose was he had plenty of gas so there was no reason to coast...he said that he was told to do it in post race interview.

I love road course racin'

Motorcat
06-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Good race today - especially for a road course ............... its been awhile since I have seen them drive hard at Sonoma like they did today.

More tough luck for Burton

:\

heliosj
07-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Where do I file my official "stop f'ing racing stock cars at Indy" petition?

Great for McMurray, he's just such a nice guy. I don't routinely root for him, but when he wins, it always makes me smile.

But c'mon. The racing at Indy sucks, there's always some sort of debacle -- though things settled down after the competition yellow, I thought we were about to have another version of what happened with the tires a couple of years ago. NASCAR is just lucky that the field wasn't cut in half by lap 10.

Clearly the fans in Indianapolis agree with me, the stands were empty compared to 2008 -- down almost 80000 according to the Intertubes. For fucks sake, scrap Indy and one Pocono date and put Iowa & Kentucky on the schedule. If you want to celebrate the history of Indy, I get that, but rotate it in and out of the schedule.. or something.

If you think today sucked, don't worry.. next week is Pocono! Woo. :zzz:

I hate picking Jimmie Johnson on my fantasy team, because the notion of being happy that he does well makes me want to vomit -- but inevitably, whenever I do pick him, he finishes 25th. What the hell is with that? :)

</rant>

Motorcat
07-25-2010, 04:36 PM
My apathy for NASCAR this year has certainly showed up for me fantasy racing wise - I'm having my worse season ever......... can't remember the last race last I even watched.

Burton 7th in points - thats about all I am keeping up with this year

heliosj
07-27-2010, 12:27 PM
The Associated Press has learned that NASCAR warned teams during the offseason that public criticism of the sport would no longer be tolerated, and at least two star drivers have been fined—one as much as $50,000—for comments that were deemed destructive to the industry. :rolleyes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=Ai5qnagr3OlRPAX7ujvrmrLov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-inthepits

We haven't come all that far from threatening drivers with guns at potential union meetings, eh?

Motorcat
07-27-2010, 06:33 PM
I've said for the last couple of years when Burton is done I probably would be as well .............I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make it.

heliosj
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Holy crap, Jack Roush was in another plane crash! How many people can say they've survived 3 plane crashes?

Dubz
07-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Holy crap, Jack Roush was in another plane crash! How many people can say they've survived 3 plane crashes?

Its like somebody is out to kill him and they just cant...... Unreal.

heliosj
07-28-2010, 08:09 PM
There's a bit of dispute whether or not it was 3 crashes or 2. He had a "hard landing" due to weather at Daytona International, pretty much wrecked the plane, but there were no injuries and wasn't officially declared a crash by the NTSB. But either way.. that guy might want to consider taking the bus.

heliosj
08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
"Elliott Sadler says NASCAR officials told him his head-on collision with the inside retaining wall at Pocono Racing on Sunday was the hardest recorded in the history of the sport. That means harder than Kyle Petty's 2003 crash at Bristol which, according to published reports, was the hardest at the time at more than 80 Gs (80 times the force of gravity)."

Well.. damn.

mkmayers
02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
If anyone is interested in joining a Fantasy Nascar group I have one that could use some more members. Here's the info:

Group ID#: 3317
Password: slidejob

b_illin
02-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Wow, Trevor Bayne was impressive pushing Gordon on Thursday night in the Shoot-Out, but wow, didn't see him winning the Daytona 500!

phaneuf6
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Not Nascar but Indycar. Very sad day, Dan Wheldon was killed in a 15 car crash in Vegas. 33 years old, very, very sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the whole racing community.

moans
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Not F1 either, it's indycar. REgardless, very sad indeed, married with a young son. Thoughts and prayer go out to this family.

phaneuf6
10-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Not F1 either, it's indycar. REgardless, very sad indeed, married with a young son. Thoughts and prayer go out to this family.

My bad, not really a fan, just switched it on when I heard about the crash. 5 lap salute now happening in his memory.

dw13
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Way too sad. RIP Dan.

heliosj
10-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, very sad.. I was watching.

CayugaPosse
10-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Have a guy at work that used to work around IndyCar, knows alot of the guys and knows the sport really well...talked to him today about it and I won't directly quote him since we talked for quite a while, he blames Indycar for the entire thing.

Basic gist of it was take an oval circuit which allows these cars to get up to dangerous speeds, a track that's notoriously less than ideal track conditions, cram way too many cars onto it, and assign an enormous $5million payday at the end and invite people who don't even drive Indycars on a regular basis(they had invited Travis Pastrana and multiple Nascar drivers for instance) out for the race because of the prize money, and you have an absurdly dangerous circumstance.

Also said he knew Wheldon from back in the day and said he was as nice as most stories are saying he was over the last day or so.

He has some pretty fun stories about the racing circuit btw...