PDA

View Full Version : Pacquaio v. Mayweather negotiations begin

Spartan
11-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Its gonna happen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4682772

two24four
11-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah I was reading about this early today, I hope so, it will be a great fight, I already can't wait :D

Zangetsu
11-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Boxing needs this fight. MMA is taking over.

dw13
11-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Mayweather is too quick for Pacquaio.

Spartan
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Mayweather is too quick for Pacquaio.Also Pacquaio gets hit way too much. I will still enjoy the fight though.

two24four
11-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Also Pacquaio gets hit way too much. I will still enjoy the fight though.

Yeah for sure, never know what might happen.

And yes boxing does need this fight BAD.

dw13
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Pacman obviously possesses the power to end the fight, and Mayweather won't be able to stop Pacman, just take him the distance and use his quickness to not get hit.

I like Mayweather in a decision

mrtybrodur30
11-25-2009, 02:04 AM
I think Pac-man would get up in the fight early and take Mayweather out of his game knowing he wouldnt win a decision. Pac-man would also be relentless and pressure Mayweather too much. Plus Mayweather wouldnt be able to knockout Paquaio. I just dont see Mayweather winning at all. I wont believe this will happen till they are both in the ring and about to start the fight though lol

two24four
11-25-2009, 02:19 AM
I also think Pac-Man can win this fight if it happens.

dw13
11-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I'd put my money on Money May in a decision

b_illin
11-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Pac-Man for me

Spartan
11-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Mayweather easily.

two24four
12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Nice, they are saying this fight is almost a done deal, and should happen March 13th, can't wait.

snoopzen
12-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Mayweather. Book it.

dw13
12-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Mayweather. Book it.

With ease.

mrtybrodur30
12-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Whoever wins it wont be easy thats for sure. Everything will be easy for Mayweather until he gets hit and he will get hit.

dw13
12-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Whoever wins it wont be easy thats for sure. Everything will be easy for Mayweather until he gets hit and he will get hit.

I'm just not sure much he will get 'hit' while we know Pac is going to eat some glove.

two24four
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Agreed, this will be a great fight, I still think Pac-Man wins it.

chadw01
12-03-2009, 11:38 AM
PBF will run, run and run.. and then run some more - he would be insane to stand toe-to-toe and exchange punches with Pac - he knows it, and the world knows it. Counter and move, counter and move - Manny will be chasing him all over the ring, you can be sure of it - and we know from the Cotto fight that Manny can take heavy shots.

If PBF wins, it'll be by decision, and if he loses, it'll be because he'll be looking up seeing stars from the ring mat..

Pacquiao by TKO somewhere in the 7th and 9th.. book it.

dw13
12-03-2009, 11:44 AM
PBF will run, run and run.. and then run some more - he would be insane to stand toe-to-toe and exchange punches with Pac - he knows it, and the world knows it. Counter and move, counter and move - Manny will be chasing him all over the ring, you can be sure of it - and we know from the Cotto fight that Manny can take heavy shots.

If PBF wins, it'll be by decision, and if he loses, it'll be because he'll be looking up seeing stars from the ring mat..

Pacquiao by TKO somewhere in the 7th and 9th.. book it.

That's very well put right there, I just don't see Pac ever catching up to Floyd, and it'll end in clear decision for PBF.

chadw01
12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
OP fix the thread title.. you spelled Pacquiao wrong.

chadw01
12-03-2009, 11:52 AM
That's very well put right there, I just don't see Pac ever catching up to Floyd, and it'll end in clear decision for PBF.

Oh, he'll get caught - the only question will be how will he react.. because PBF is so elusive, I've never seen him take a clean shot - but then he's never fought anyone with both the speed and power of PacMan's hands - how many opponents of Manny have you heard say after the fight that they "never saw the punches coming"?

Yes, PBF is quick, but he can't run forever - he will get caught.

two24four
12-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Uh oh, Pac-Man does not want to take the Olympic style drug testing for the fight, from the sounds of it, he's willing to give blood both before the fight and after, but not for the Olympic style testing.

I hope they can work something out here, if not this fight may not happen :(

Some people think it might be a miscommunication, let's hope so.

dw13
12-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Pathetic Pacquaio. Maybe Mayweather SR is right about him.

Hockeyis#1
12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Uh oh, Pac-Man does not want to take the Olympic style drug testing for the fight, from the sounds of it, he's willing to give blood both before the fight and after, but not for the Olympic style testing.

I hope they can work something out here, if not this fight may not happen :(

Some people think it might be a miscommunication, let's hope so.
What's the difference?

dw13
12-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Pacquiao seems to not be in-favor of random drug testing from now until the fight and after the fight. The Athletic commission will only drug test once before (and that sounds like at the "kick-off" press conference) and after. Mayweather and others want it to be more stiff, and start testing randomly, probably ASAP. Which I side with Mayweather because of the fact there has always been rumors that Manny uses substances, even though he's never failed a test.

"Todd told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight," Schaefer said. "He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight."

dw13
12-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Sounds like it'll be called off

two24four
12-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah shitty, I was really looking forward to this fight.

two24four
12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Pac-Man is saying if Mayweather does not drop the Olympic style blood testing by Thursday (tomorrow) then the fight will not happen :(

dw13
12-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Pac-Man is saying if Mayweather does not drop the Olympic style blood testing by Thursday (tomorrow) then the fight will not happen :(

You mean HGH-Man

two24four
12-23-2009, 05:14 PM
I could be wrong, but I think this fight will still happen, they are both just playing mind games with each other.

dw13
12-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I think at the end of the day the amount of $$$$ they will make will offset all of this

two24four
12-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah for sure, everyone who likes boxing (even people who dont) can't wait for this fight to happen, which is why I still think it will take place, the money they will make off this fight will be crazy.

I guess they have set the weight at 147lbs for this fight, if any of them come in over weight the penalty is $10M per pound :eek:

moans
12-23-2009, 05:48 PM
How long does HGH stay in the system? Pac is saying he'll give blood three times. Once now, then a month before the fight and right after the fight. I think they should compromise and do it like 10 days before the fight.

mrtybrodur30
12-23-2009, 06:05 PM
So just cause he didnt want to do this stupid ass request by Mayweather and was going to go along with what the NSAC requests he somehow must be a steroid user now lol. This is just Mayweather BS to try to screw around with Pac-man. Anyway who knows if the fight will happen or not, like I said earlier I didnt get my hopes up at all you could just see something like this happening. If this doesnt happen its cause of Mayweather.

moans
12-23-2009, 06:13 PM
So just cause he didnt want to do this stupid ass request by Mayweather and was going to go along with what the NSAC requests he somehow must be a steroid user now lol. This is just Mayweather BS to try to screw around with Pac-man. Anyway who knows if the fight will happen or not, like I said earlier I didnt get my hopes up at all you could just see something like this happening. If this doesnt happen its cause of Mayweather.

Mayweather is scared of losing. I can't wait until they actually fight and he gets knocked out. I'm not a huge boxing fan but I reallly hate Mayweather and his douchey entourage.

dw13
12-23-2009, 06:28 PM
I can't wait until people realize AGAIN that Mayweather is the best P4P we have right now.

two24four
12-23-2009, 07:46 PM

Agreed.

Mayweather is scared of losing. I can't wait until they actually fight and he gets knocked out. I'm not a huge boxing fan but I reallly hate Mayweather and his douchey entourage.

And agreed, with everything said here by both of you, I dont think Pac-Man is on anythng at all, it's just Mayweather's way of trying to start shit, and trying to get into Pac-man's head.

b_illin
12-24-2009, 10:17 PM

I'm with Pac-man here. If he wasn't agreeing to any testing, I wouldn't, but Floyd asking for Olympic style testing is a bit much. (scaredy cat Floyd)

moans
12-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Sounds like its off. Can't find an article but I just heard it on the news.

two24four
12-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Sounds like its off. Can't find an article but I just heard it on the news.

Sounds like they are still trying to work this out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4768830

moans
12-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Pac is planning on filing a defamation lawsuit.
http://tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=303587
Fuck Mayweather and his crew. They have ruined what was going to be a fight badly needed by the dying sport of boxing.

two24four
12-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Good for Pac-Man, Mayweather needs to drop all the pre-school games and just fight him, enough of the BS.

CayugaPosse
12-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Everyone can say whatever they want, but Pacquiao just walked away from $30+ million dollars because he "has a superstition" about needles...

If that doesn't raise a red flag I don't know what does. The only reason people are willing to side with Pac-Man here is because Mayweather is such a villain. If this was the other way around, and Pac-Man was asking for the tests and Mayweather walked away, the entire boxing world would be blasting him as a cheater or a pussy.

Pac-Man walked away because he didn't want certain drug testing. That's pretty damning, as Mayweather's camp repeatedly said : "What's he going to do, walk away from 30 million because of a needle?"

He just did. That's pitiful.

moans
12-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Everyone can say whatever they want, but Pacquiao just walked away from $30+ million dollars because he "has a superstition" about needles...

If that doesn't raise a red flag I don't know what does. The only reason people are willing to side with Pac-Man here is because Mayweather is such a villain. If this was the other way around, and Pac-Man was asking for the tests and Mayweather walked away, the entire boxing world would be blasting him as a cheater or a pussy.

Pac-Man walked away because he didn't want certain drug testing. That's pretty damning, as Mayweather's camp repeatedly said : "What's he going to do, walk away from 30 million because of a needle?"

He just did. That's pitiful.

I'll ask this again. How long does HGH stay in the system? Pac Man has come out and said he'll give blood,

Arum said frequent urine testing is sufficient in the final 30 days to prevent either fighter from using performance-enhancing drugs. He said Pacquiao is willing to submit blood samples in early January, in mid-February around 30 days prior to the fight and then again in the locker room immediately upon conclusion of the fight.
Source:http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AtR3SsErMCkOSkD8KSYy0WydCIh4?slug=ki-testing122309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now I'm not a scientist by any means but I'd be shocked if HGH stayed in the system for less than a month.

Mayweather should stop insisting on this unprecidented testing. Only then will this fight have any chance of occuring.

CayugaPosse
12-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Mayweather should stop insisting on this unprecidented testing. Only then will this fight have any chance of occuring.

OR, barring him having something to hide, Manny Pacquiao should say "Well, I've got over $30 million and a chance to cement my legacy as the best boxer from this time period riding on this...if you want olympic blood testing, which can't possibly affect a person badly as many olympic testers have said, PLUS olympic athletes go through it already...then let's do it and have this huge mega fight."

The bottom line in this is, Manny Pacquiao walked away from this fight and $30 million because of a drug test.

That looks really bad.

CayugaPosse
12-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh, by the way, not to bring MMA into a boxing thread...but I feel like this is worth noting now.

Everyone always complains about how Dana White controls the UFC with an iron fist. This is an absolutely perfect showcase of why that's necessary.

The thing about fighting is, if you leave control up to the fighters and their camps, they always have a vested interest in how the fight gets made, where it occurs, and what happens, because it's their livelihoods you're putting at risk.

In UFC, Dana holds control of all the fighters, and he dictates fights. It has nothing to do with people who hold a stake in the fight, Dana organizes fights fans want to see. And that's why the UFC, and MMA in general, is in such better shape right now than boxing. Because it's run by one guy that organizes the fights fans want to see. Boxing is a joke, everyone ducks each other.

Jake
12-26-2009, 11:31 AM
How superstitious or afraid of needles can you be if you have several tattoos????? It really looks like he is afraid fo the drug test. I can stand Mayweather and at first thought it was him being his usual ignorant ass, but the more Pacquaio ducks this drug shit the worse it looks for him

b_illin
12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
This is all hype for when they inevitably fight.....just making sure everyone knows about it by being in the news!

dw13
12-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Good for Pac-Man, Mayweather needs to drop all the pre-school games and just fight him, enough of the BS.

Take a drug test, Manny.

chadw01
12-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Before the Ricky Hatton fight 24/7 show on HBO, Manny was shown taking blood 2 weeks before the fight.. Arum is currently trying to verify this claim by PBF's camp, and if so, will ask Manny to move his hesistance on blood testing from 30 days before the fight to 14 days - it didn't seem to bother him against Ricky, so PBF should be happy with a middle ground.

Not sure what the hoopla is about since Manny has already agreed to get blood tested immediately after the fight.. anything in his system 14 days before and during the fight will show up on the post-fight test.

NSAC has mandated that both fighters provide urine samples by Wednesday to confirm they are both clean right as of this moment.

Innocent until proven guilty..

two24four
12-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Before the Ricky Hatton fight 24/7 show on HBO, Manny was shown taking blood 2 weeks before the fight.. Arum is currently trying to verify this claim by PBF's camp, and if so, will ask Manny to move his hesistance on blood testing from 30 days before the fight to 14 days - it didn't seem to bother him against Ricky, so PBF should be happy with a middle ground.

Not sure what the hoopla is about since Manny has already agreed to get blood tested immediately after the fight.. anything in his system 14 days before and during the fight will show up on the post-fight test.

NSAC has mandated that both fighters provide urine samples by Wednesday to confirm they are both clean right as of this moment.

Innocent until proven guilty..

:yes::yesyes:

two24four
01-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Fight is off.

Boo :mad:

dw13
01-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Shame that Manny couldn't sack up. It's just blood getting drawn.

mrtybrodur30
01-07-2010, 02:17 AM
My view is Mayweather got exactly what he wanted. He got out of the fight. He doesnt want any part of Pacquiao.

dw13
01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
My view is Mayweather got exactly what he wanted. He got out of the fight. He doesnt want any part of Pacquiao.

But all Pac had to do was take some blood tests to proof he's clean..?

Jake
01-07-2010, 09:43 AM
This looks bad on Pac's part..... skipping out on the largest fight of his career over a drug test?!?!? I would not say its that d-bag Floyd ducking the fight but rather Pacquiao.

b_illin
01-07-2010, 11:38 AM
They are both tools - Pac for not agreeing and Floyd for being a mindgame bitch through all of this. Weak.

My bet is the fight is back on within a few months....they are just hyping this like crazy as boxing needs the hype.

two24four
01-07-2010, 12:46 PM

This is what I was thinking as well.

mrtybrodur30
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Everyone will have a different view. I mean its not like Pac didnt want to take any drug tests at all he even was going to do it 10-14 days out but Mayweather wouldnt back down and for that Pacquiao wasnt going to give into Mayweather.

dw13
01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
It's Pac fans vs. Mayweather fans, period.

The fact of the matter is, if Pac would agree to all the drug testing, this fight would be going on. Why would Mayweather want to be-little making this fight as fair as possible?

b_illin
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
It's Pac fans vs. Mayweather fans, period.

The fact of the matter is, if Pac would agree to all the drug testing, this fight would be going on. Why would Mayweather want to be-little making this fight as fair as possible?

I think both are stupid here, but I find it funny how some ppl make it out like Pac-Man refused drug testing....he was willing to accept normal drug testing and at the last minute, he was willing to make the concession to have increased testing, but not the exact type Mayweather wanted.....and then Mayweather wouldn't budge....yet Manny's the bad guy.

As I said, Pac-man should have given in (although on principal, given that I do not think this had anywhere near as much to do with drug-testing as it did Mayweather playing games, I can understand why he was playing hardball as well), but Mayweather should not be a pussy and stop looking for reasons not to fight!

dw13
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
I look at it this way... f*ck the both of them for screwing us out of being able to watch a quality fight

b_illin
01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I look at it this way... f*ck the both of them for screwing us out of being able to watch a quality fight

Bingo, they are both to blame. (but as I said before, I bet this fight happens....gotta build the hype!)

b_illin
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
http://thestar.blogs.com/fightingwords/

two24four
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I think it some point it will happen as well, they said this fight should bring in about $200M, so Iam sure at some point they will get this fight going.

two24four
04-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Watched that Hopkins vs Jones Jr fight last night, wow, Hopkins is a dirty fighter, punching Jones Jr in the nuts when the ref cant see, headbutts, and then what looked like him faking he's hurt at least three times and taking forever to get back up, sad really, pretty boring fight for the most part, other then a few rounds.

Boxing is really, really boring now, after watching the UFC over the last few years now, pretty much everyone at the house I was at last night agreed, even the hardcore boxing fans.

Spartan
04-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Boxing is really, really boring now, after watching the UFC over the last few years now, pretty much everyone at the house I was at last night agreed, even the hardcore boxing fans.That is because you watched a fight that was equivilent to watching Magic and Bird going one on one modern day.

two24four
04-07-2010, 02:38 PM
That is because you watched a fight that was equivilent to watching Magic and Bird going one on one modern day.

True, but I have watched a few boxing matches the last little while, they are just not what they use to be, maybe I'm just more into the UFC now. I just find it really boring now.

habsfan1
07-08-2010, 07:43 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/07/promoter-pacquiao-is-all-in-waiting-to-hear-from-mayweather.html

From the Los Angeles times: says Manny Pacquiao has agreed to submit to random pre-fight blood tests up to 14 days before a fight with Mayweather. The bout is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 13, most likely in Las Vegas.

dw13
07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Way to sack up, Manny.

two24four
07-08-2010, 10:29 AM
F*cking right, I want too see this fight so bad.

Go Manny Go !!!!

Spartan
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Not happening.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/index.ssf/2010/07/bob_arum_floyd_mayweather_stay.html

Arum is so predictable. He wants Manny to fight Cotto or someone else in his stable. They have no plans to fight Mayweather clean while he is young enough.

dw13
07-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Boxing is such a joke.

two24four
07-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Boxing is such a joke.

It's sad but true, I use to love watching boxing back in the day.

MMA owns it now.

Zangetsu
07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah, this is just another example of why boxing is becoming more and more irrelevant as MMA's popularity grows.

I just hope Toney doesn't beat Randy. That would give the old-time boxing elitists a ton of ammunition.

moans
09-04-2010, 10:13 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=ArDx8km3ZJTjwpUIHkNXnG45nYcB?slug=ki-floydrant090310

This guy is a complete joke. I hope all of his sponsors drop his ass.

two24four
09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=ArDx8km3ZJTjwpUIHkNXnG45nYcB?slug=ki-floydrant090310

This guy is a complete joke. I hope all of his sponsors drop his ass.

He's a joke, I hope they fight so Manny can teach him lesson

dw13
09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Mayweather might be an ignorant punk, but I'm still 100% confident that he would beat Pac.

CayugaPosse
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm 100% confident it'd be a spectacle fight that would end up being disappointingly dull also.

I'd like to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was pissed I sat through it by the end.

canuckthug
11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Pacquaio fights this weekend.. see what hes made of...

Spartan
11-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Pacquaio fights this weekend.. see what hes made of...Margarito is a chump. He got embarrassed by a far past his prime Shane Mosley.

The big deal here is what kind of PPV buys this thing carries. Perhaps the biggest hurdle between Pac and Money May is that Mayweather far outdraws Pacquiao making it hard to justify a 50/50 split.

canuckthug
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Margarito is a chump. He got embarrassed by a far past his prime Shane Mosley.

The big deal here is what kind of PPV buys this thing carries. Perhaps the biggest hurdle between Pac and Money May is that Mayweather far outdraws Pacquiao making it hard to justify a 50/50 split.

This thing is happening at Dallas Cowboys Stadium... its already a big deal.

EDIT: If this thing sells out, it will be a spectacle. iM not sure what kind of PPV draws this brings but Boxing needs this. The biggest factor or hurdle is Manny has to win. I think Mayweather and his camp will be ringside and people will know right there and then if Money May vs Manny Pac becomes reality.

Spartan
11-13-2010, 10:57 PM
WWE style controversy is threatening the fight now, Paquiao camp is accusing Margarito of drinking effedra.

Spartan
11-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Rd12

canuckthug
11-14-2010, 12:44 AM
exciting fight. lived up to the hype.

In the world of sports, they say defence wins championships and I think Floyd Money Mayweather is the undisputed defensive wizard of boxing. Its safe to say Manny Pac-Man Pacquaio is one of the most offensive boxers out there. On those attributes alone, it would be awsome for boxing to see this fight happen. The HBO guys were asking the right questions and once again its up to the Mayweather camp to respond.

dw13
11-14-2010, 12:58 AM
exciting fight. lived up to the hype.

If by exciting you mean 12 rounds of Manny laying the wood, then yeah, sure.

canuckthug
11-14-2010, 01:07 AM
If by exciting you mean 12 rounds of Manny laying the wood, then yeah, sure.

i didnt want to "spoil" the end result... but it was exciting IMO for the reason you mentioned...

Spartan
11-14-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't get the "excitement" factor either. I would be pissed if I spent the $65 on that PPV. It basically showed that the boxing world got scammed by Bob Arum. Everyone knew that Margarito was dead slow, but now his power is gone too. It wasn't fair really.

CayugaPosse
12-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Good for boxing showing once again why no one gives a shit.

Bob Arum, and every other manager in the sport need to leave before anything can happen. Not sure if I wrote this in this thread before or not, but the beauty of MMA, and why it's so much more popular than boxing is because Dana White/Joe Silva make the fights, not the fighters/managers. If fans want a fight, the fight happens.

Instead, we get Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley which is laughable. And also shows what a complete bullshitter Bob Arum is.

Bob Arum signs a fight with Pacquiao against Shane Mosley, who is 39, has 2 losses and a draw in his last four fights(a pathetic showing against Sergio Mora being the draw), and now he gets to fight Pac-Man.

Bob Arum in September after the draw against Mora, asked if Mosley could be Pacquiao's next fight :

"I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round,” Arum told Marley. “To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s, but he always had that big, big punch, like in the (Michael) Moorer fight. What I’ve read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he’s going to be 40 and he’s in the lighter weights, where speed is so important. He’s on a show with guys … old enough to be his son.

I guess Shane needs the money due to his (divorce). I’ve always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age. It’s like (Bernard) Hopkins: He still knows how to fight, but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins, we’re beginning to see with Mosley."

4 months later, the fight is made.

canuckthug
05-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Good for boxing showing once again why no one gives a shit.

Instead, we get Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley which is laughable. And also shows what a complete bullshitter Bob Arum is.

Bob Arum signs a fight with Pacquiao against Shane Mosley, who is 39, has 2 losses and a draw in his last four fights(a pathetic showing against Sergio Mora being the draw), and now he gets to fight Pac-Man.

4 months later, the fight is made.

Come on now, Mosely has never been knocked out before... thats gotta count for something. (46-6-1 record). Mosely always gets the big fights so im not surprised with the booking. Im watching this fight to see if Mosely finally gets knocked out.. I'll go with Pac-Man knocking out Mosley in 6 or less. Everyone has Mosely as the old, has-been bum (which is granted with his last 2 fights and age) but on the extreme other side of the spectrum lies the "what if factor." What if Manny Loses? It could rival the Buster Douglas upset... (Buster was a nobody and Tyson was undefeated but if Pacquiao somehow loses, its gonna be right up there) wouldnt bet on it though.

Having said that, with the Canucks playing Nashville and an NBA matchup worthy of a finals showdown (Celtics vs Heat), this fight falls 3rd on my Saturday card. Still gonna watch the fight though. Go Pac-Man!!

canuckthug
05-08-2011, 12:59 AM
******SPOILER******

Very lopsided fight. Mosely got outclassed from start to end. 1 solid take down by Pac in round 3 and Mosely was almost done. Mosely barely did anything after that. He went defensive and hung on for his life to the 12th.

The World keeps waiting for Mayweather to step up but PacMan is evidently becoming more concerned with Politics (possibly for good). The Mayweather/PacMan fight has further distanced itself from happening and it was pretty much a no-go already which sucks. The announcers started talking about the need for Money vs Pac around round 8 or 9 which i thought was funny. They were pleading for Money to take the fight (because they knew he was watching) to prove to everyone who is the better boxer. I follow Money Mayweather on twitter and that guy has been in party mode for months now. He is arrogant but I Cant blame him because he is super rich, young, undefeated (and seemingly nothing to prove?) - . I wonder if Mayweather has a response in the next few days while PacMan continues to contemplate his future.

canuckthug
09-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Money Mayweather with another win. Crazy ending to a back -and-forth fourth round. Mayweather is 42-0-0. Ortiz was a sucker to drop his mits like that!!

CayugaPosse
09-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Money Mayweather with another win. Crazy ending to a back -and-forth fourth round. Mayweather is 42-0-0. Ortiz was a sucker to drop his mits like that!!

The fight was never re-started....how anyone can think Ortiz is at fault here is so far beyond laughable it scares me...

It's two faults, one is Mayweather for being a scumbag, but frankly that's not surprising.

The big fault though is on the ref who both never re-started the fight, and turned his back to them as they were walking towards each other after having already deducted the point.

No idea what he was doing...and good for Mayweather for running his mouth after the fight about another impressive win and so on and picking on an 80 year old man.

Just make sure you never step in the ring with Pacquiao while you're at it.

Again I say, boxing is a fucking joke. Look at the state of last night's main event. Embarassing.

canuckthug
09-18-2011, 09:54 PM
The fight was never re-started....how anyone can think Ortiz is at fault here is so far beyond laughable it scares me..

come on, how many times does Ortiz have to hug it out? They already tapped gloves earlier when Ortiz apologized.. You come to the ring to fight, Ortiz lost his killer instinct.. It was a controversial ending, a classless move by Mayweather (maybe smart?!) but Ortiz got what he deserved for failing to protect himself.

It's two faults, one is Mayweather for being a scumbag, but frankly that's not surprising.

The big fault though is on the ref who both never re-started the fight, and turned his back to them as they were walking towards each other after having already deducted the point.

No idea what he was doing...and good for Mayweather for running his mouth after the fight about another impressive win and so on and picking on an 80 year old man.

Just make sure you never step in the ring with Pacquiao while you're at it.

Again I say, boxing is a fucking joke. Look at the state of last night's main event. Embarassing.

It was a ridiculous ending, the match had potential. Ortiz was having a good 4th until the headbut but Mayweather still won every round according to the judges. I was hoping Larry would ask Mayweather about Manny Pac but obviously that never happened. About the ref, according to the PPV telecast that i watched and hearing the HBO team after-- Mayweather was not at fault. It was 100% Ortiz's fault for breaking rule #1. "Protect your self at all times"

You can paint the picture anyway you want, but this is how the fight will go down in the books:

Referee Joe Cortez had ordered the fight to resume and when he did, each man was 100 percent within his rights to wallop the other. Ortiz, though, tried to embrace Mayweather. Mayweather chose to fight, and the difference in reactions cost Ortiz his title.http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AjhCLZpsYWaZjck.KSGEZJ6UxLYF?slug=ki-iole_mayweather_pacquiao_091911

ih8music
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
I generally despise Larry Merchant, but his "If I were 50 years younger I'd kick your ass" to Mayweather was the line of the night. :lol:

canuckthug
11-03-2011, 02:48 PM
sweet if true:

Advisor says Floyd wants Pacquiao in May - report

"Floyd made it very clear to us what he wanted to do. He told us he is looking to make the biggest fight that is out there and to make it in May.

"We're going to do everything in our power to make the biggest fight out there for the fans and we all know what the fight is."

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=App1i6YJLKmi7eB0Mq9qzZQ5nYcB?slug=afp-box_usa_welter_mayweather_phi_pacquiao_20111103

two24four
11-03-2011, 02:53 PM
I won't believe it till the two of them are in the ring and throwing punches.

mrtybrodur30
11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I won't believe it till the two of them are in the ring and throwing punches.Same thing I said on here when this thread was started, this fight could be 3 days away and something could stop it from going on.

canuckthug
11-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Manny Pacquaio just defeated Juan Marquez in a 12 rounder that went the distance, went to the judges... It was a close fight and i bet a lot of people think Marquez won. Im thinking Marquez won more rounds and Manny did look defeated towards the end. All in all, it was a good fight but the conclusion was a bit controversial. Im hearing "boxing politics" gave this fight to Manny to keep the Mayweather PPV in order.
Manny got booed out of the building while Marquez stormed out of the ring after the decision was made, (bailed on any post fight interview)..

This sets up a possible May 5th ( Cinco de mayo) showdown with Mayweather... we will see what happens in the next few days/weeks because this fight might become a reality.

Spartan
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
It was a joke, the little guy got beat soundly.

two24four
02-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Just what I (and most) thought, again this fight won't happen as Mayweather is going to fight Cotto May 5th.

b_illin
02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I have a feeling they will fight...but not until Mayweather has stalled a few more years to make sure Manny is too old to win. (pussy)

dw13
02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a feeling they will fight...but not until Mayweather has stalled a few more years to make sure Manny is too old to win. (pussy)

He's been calling out Miss PacMan for months now.

Stop it.

canuckthug
02-02-2012, 02:18 PM
He's been calling out Miss PacMan for months now.

Stop it.

Oh no,,, not months!! We got a bad ass over here!
Im a huge Mayweather fan... but he only started to salivate like a hungry dog for this fight once he watched how inept Pacquiao was during his last title bout vs Márquez. Im sure the Mayweather team took notice. Pacquiao looked ordinary and should have lost the decision to Márquez. This is when Money Mayweather finally decided to pony up (for real). For the sport of boxing, this fight needs to happen but Mayweather was ducking, delaying, postponing for a few years so these months don't really tell the whole story. He could have easily said, lets do this, make it happen...(like hes doing now) but it was blood test this, steroid user that...
I always thought Mayweather could beat Pac-Man but where was the interest earlier?? Im aware that Pac-Man could have complied with Mayweather's request but its an insulting request. Some people say Pac-Man was scared for avoiding the test..I don't know.. Other people say Mayweather was delaying because he was scared...?? (maybe scared is not the word but you know what im sayin)
I still think this fight will go down .. hopefully it happens in the year 2012 (probably November if it happens).

two24four
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
They both will be about 50 if it ever happens.

dw13
02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Didn't really read what 911 said because it was all pretty jumbled together but if all that was holding it back when Pac wanted to was a piss or blood test, sack up and do it. The dude is scared of needles, that's pretty shady.

Don't discredit Mayweather for not fighting him years ago, when PacMan is the one not fighting him now.

It goes both ways.

Either way, fuck boxing. I don't like how so many people (not anyone here) act like their boxing fans.

There aren't any.

two24four
02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Didn't really read what 911 said because it was all pretty jumbled together but if all that was holding it back when Pac wanted to was a piss or blood test, sack up and do it. The dude is scared of needles, that's pretty shady.

Don't discredit Mayweather for not fighting him years ago, when PacMan is the one not fighting him now.

It goes both ways.

Either way, fuck boxing. I don't like how so many people (not anyone here) act like their boxing fans.

There aren't any.

That's wrong. Might not be many anymore I agree with that, but there are some who still love boxing. I have a buddie who is and always has been a hardcore boxing fan, his fav athlete ever is Roy Jones Jr.

dw13
02-02-2012, 03:14 PM
That's wrong. Might not be many anymore I agree with that, but there are some who still love boxing. I have a buddie who is and always has been a hardcore boxing fan, his fav athlete ever is Roy Jones Jr.

He's one of about 17 fans.

The sport is a sham.

Edit: Messing with you. But there's very few.

b_illin
02-03-2012, 01:12 PM
b_illin

CayugaPosse
02-04-2012, 03:59 AM
I think I've said this 100x in this thread, so let this be 101 times.

This fight is never going to happen.

Everyone thinks there's some magical thing where they're both going to realize they need this fight financially. It's just not true. Neither of them need this fight, they can go fight other lesser opponents, get like $20M per fight from it, and never have to deal with the publicity of being the loser of this fight.

As I said earlier in the thread, this is what makes you really appreciate the way the UFC is run. There's no ducking fights in the UFC.

dw13
06-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Hope Floyd had PPV in his jail cell.

Go have fun being a singer/governor or whatever, Pac. You're not in his atmosphere.

Edit: Kidding. What in the fuck were the judges doing?

keyboard
06-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Every time I think the NBA is rigged there's good ol' boxing to show me what a real fix looks like. :lol:

canuckthug
06-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Holy smokes did the PacMan ever get screwed last weekend... You guys were right, boxing has become a joke.

Spartan
06-16-2012, 06:41 AM
kind of karma really. pacquiao got beat pretty clearly by marquez last time.