PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

ih8music
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Any fans? Just started watching it late last season and I'm completely hooked now. A serial killer who works as a CSI dude and stalks other serial killers - great premise and a very well-made show. I've been trying to catch up on back seasons when I get the chance - great stuff.

b_illin
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm dying to read this thread...but I haven't seen any of this season yet so I am not looking...but I will when I have! :D

Dexter
10-30-2009, 09:36 AM
lol, obviously i'm a big fan.

the current season has been pretty amazing - some definitely shocking moments.

toronto1979
10-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I have been following this series on DVD since it first came out. I'm all caught up to s3 now. And i'll watch s4 once its on DVD (I don't get Showtime and cannot be bothered to download).

I also have the first 2 books of the series. I've read the first one and it deviates from the season. So if you've seen the show, do not be afraid to read the books as well.

I plan to start reading the 2nd book soon.

ih8music
10-30-2009, 02:25 PM
ok, so since we have a couple of fans here:

who do you think killed Lundy? Unlike Dexter, I don't think it's Trinity - doesn't seem like his MO, he's all about ritual. I think it's somehow related to Quinn or the reporter.

Dexter
10-30-2009, 02:53 PM

who do you think killed Lundy? Unlike Dexter, I don't think it's Trinity - doesn't seem like his MO, he's all about ritual. I think it's somehow related to Quinn or the reporter.

I think it was Trinity. This is the closest he's ever been to getting caught and maybe he's losing his mojo. I'm looking forward to seeing Dexter observe and learn from Trinity.

EDIT: i hope i'm wrong. it kinda seems like a cop out.

habsfan1
11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I have been following this series on DVD since it first came out. I'm all caught up to s3 now. And i'll watch s4 once its on DVD (I don't get Showtime and cannot be bothered to download).

I also have the first 2 books of the series. I've read the first one and it deviates from the season. So if you've seen the show, do not be afraid to read the books as well.

I plan to start reading the 2nd book soon.

The second and third books are completely different from the series, very good reads imo.

I just got the latest book (the fourth) but still have to read it.

This is by far my favourite show on tv right now, always the first one my wife and I watch of our pvr'ed shows (ahead of mad men, ncis, criminal minds etc.)

ih8music
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM

knew it wasn't Trinity. Still think it comes back to Quinn somehow - he's a dirty cop. But that reporter is awfully short, isn't she? hmm...

The relationship btwn Trinity & "Kyle" has gotten extremely complicated now. Can Dexter kill Kyle and his newfound fame along with Trinity?

John Lithgow is playing Trinity brilliantly, btw.... a superficially normal guy that snaps at the drop of a hat to become a totally different person, only to come back down just as quickly. the previews for next week look intense.

ih8music
11-23-2009, 05:07 PM
just gotta say - and I don't care if I'm talking to myself at this point :lol: - last night's episode of Dexter was fantastic. Twilight Zone-esque tension throughout, and those last 2 words of dialog just floored me. Can't wait for next week.

CayugaPosse
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
This season had me at Lithgow's performance, but goddamn was last night's episode amazing.

ih8music
12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
really can't wait for Sunday's finale...

YouTube- Dexter Season 4 Episode 12 Trailer

secol
12-11-2009, 05:30 PM
i've watched bits and pieces but i'm pretty excited as well lol

Dexter
12-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Umm.... HOLY SHIT!

secol
12-14-2009, 12:55 AM
indeed....everything is like a loop......are they planning to have another season?

ih8music
12-14-2009, 03:24 AM
Fitting end to an amazing season. Holy shit was that intense... and then Rita, damn. I was finally starting to relax and process all that went on - and then boom.

Note that Dexter doesn't have an alibi for that time period. Wonder if that's gonna come back to get him.

And yes, there will be at least another season. I've heard rumors that MCH (Dexter) wants it to be the final season - and there's certainly enough going on to bring the series to a (bloody) close.

Just freaking amazing show. Asking Santa for seasons 1-3 on DVD.

secol
12-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Note that Dexter doesn't have an alibi for that time period. Wonder if that's gonna come back to get him.

nice catch.....my guess is that debra will probably think that dexter replicated what happened to him

Dexter
12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
nice catch.....my guess is that debra will probably think that dexter replicated what happened to him

Even though the killing perfectly matched Trinity's ritualization?

secol
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
ahh forgot about that lol

ih8music
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Even though the killing perfectly matched Trinity's ritualization?
Not a perfect match - it was supposed to be a young, unmarried female in the bathtub. The mother of two (not 3) was the second kill, and she's supposed to fall to her death. I also wouldn't put it past Trinity to have done something else obviously different while killing Rita.

I think Dexter's planting of Trinity's DNA at the trucker's house is going to be his downfall. I can see the dept doing an internal investigation, where the focus will be on him and Masuka. Masuka knows about Rita's "affair" with the neighbor. Quinn already suspects that Dexter is up to something. And Deb will figure out that this isn't really a classic Trinity kill (along with her new knowledge of who Dexter really is and what he witnessed as a kid).

I can see all of this leading to Dexter being a person of interest in Rita's death... and the fact that he doesn't have an alibi at all is going to be a problem.

Dexter
12-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Damn. Nice call. That would be interesting.

ih8music
12-14-2009, 04:25 PM
It also just dawned on me that Dexter doesn't have to call the police. In fact, given that he has no alibi, he shouldn't. He's going to have to clean up the kill scene, get rid of her body, and make it look like she abandoned Dexter & the kids.

I don't think that saves him from scrutiny, though... only delays it. He & Masuka will be pitted against each other w/ the DNA investigation, and Rita suddenly missing is still going to be tough to explain.

And then there's the fact that Batista saw Dexter talking to Trinity at the station. They didn't really allude to this after they ID'd Trinity, but I wonder if Angel will suddenly remember that and they'll dig up surveillance video showing Dexter having a conversation with (and then following) Trinity out of the station.

So many things that can happen next season... can they just start it already? :lol:

secol
12-14-2009, 04:31 PM
out of curiosity when does the next season start?

ih8music
12-14-2009, 04:40 PM
out of curiosity when does the next season start?
I read somewhere in 9 months, but I haven't seen anything official about season 5.

btw, here's an extended version of the interview they aired after the finale last night.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/interview.do

secol
12-14-2009, 04:45 PM
shit that is a long time lol

b_illin
12-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow, I can honestly say I saw that coming! (watched the last season over the last week)

I thought it would be Rita and the kids though, so I am happy it was just Rita. Dexter's got some 'splaining to do!!

I was wondering if there was a chance Rita off'ed herself. I am trying to think when Trinity had time to kill her....although it explains why he was in such good spirit while driving the Mustang out of town before Dexter got him.

Crazy shit!!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Just started season 1 last night. I am only 1 episode in but I heard so many good things. Hope it delivers !

fancy19
05-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Just started season 1 last night. I am only 1 episode in but I heard so many good things. Hope it delivers !

It will

CayugaPosse
05-15-2010, 11:25 PM

If you don't like it we can't be friends.

b_illin
05-17-2010, 08:53 AM
I didn't like it at first and actually stopped watching it...thought it was creepy. Then, during the Writer's strike, they had it on ABC and I got into it....now I like it quite a lot.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I am digging it so far. It is a little creepy but in an intriguing way. Dexter is hot. I am barely 2 episodes in. I also like how they have 2 of the actors who used to air in HBO's series OZ. So far so good!

ih8music
05-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I only gotten into it the last couple of seasons, but I keep wanting to dive into the beginning of the story. I've gleaned a bit of his origins through the recent storylines, but it'd be cool to watch it all get started. One of these days.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-21-2010, 05:06 AM
This seems like a show that you need to follow from the start. . . to truly appreciate, but I am barely 4 episodes into season 1 so what do I really know.

Spotted another regular from the old HBO series OZ. That's 3 so far and I am only 4 episodes deep. I wonder if it's the same writers or directors or what? I haven't had time to look into it but with at least 3 actors from the popular series OZ and 2 of them with pretty significant roles here in Dexter, there's got to be some sorta tie.

Either way, loving Dexter so far ! :yes:

Btw for any regulars, what season is airing on showtime now a days ? How far behind am I ?

Dexter
05-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Btw for any regulars, what season is airing on showtime now a days ? How far behind am I ?

Season 5 is airing this September.

fancy19
05-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Sponge, it's very addicting and you will far be done season 4 by the time 5 comes out :)

CayugaPosse
05-22-2010, 05:00 PM
This seems like a show that you need to follow from the start. . . to truly appreciate, but I am barely 4 episodes into season 1 so what do I really know.

Spotted another regular from the old HBO series OZ. That's 3 so far and I am only 4 episodes deep. I wonder if it's the same writers or directors or what? I haven't had time to look into it but with at least 3 actors from the popular series OZ and 2 of them with pretty significant roles here in Dexter, there's got to be some sorta tie.

Either way, loving Dexter so far ! :yes:

The OZ connection is merely coincidence. None of the main producers had anything to do with that show.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-23-2010, 02:05 AM
The OZ connection is merely coincidence. None of the main producers had anything to do with that show.

No doubt? I am surprised. I thought with the actors there was a sure connection. What about the writers ?? There has to be some sort of tie here. Even the narrative feels kinda familiar.. not entirely of course, but you know, the way Dexter narrates throughout the show kinda reminds me of Augustus Hill and the way he would chronicle the story/events happening in OZ.

Either way -- addicted already ! :D

keyboard
05-23-2010, 11:22 AM
but you know, the way Dexter narrates throughout the show kinda reminds me of Augustus Hill and the way he would chronicle the story/events happening in OZ. Maybe you should go back and watch Oz. The narration is nothing alike.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-23-2010, 07:28 PM

I haven't found out the who's who connection as far as names go but a quick Dexter search on google gave me this --

"The creative forces behind this series have worked on such Cable hits as Six Feet Under, Oz and The Sopranos. They take full advantage of the creative freedom that cable offers and deliver a show that stands alone in its content. Something like this would never make it on network TV. Actually, something like this would never even make it to network TV. "

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Damn already finished with season 1. Great, great, great stuff! I'm super curious to see where season 2 goes now that the Ice Truck Killer fiasco has been basically resolved!

Can't get much better than this can it ? That was an awesome ride/story line !

Deb is hot :D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Anyone read the book this series is based off of? Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay ?

Is it worth a read? I am thinking about picking it up.

habsfan1
05-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I've read all 4 of the books, I thought they were a good read. Books 2, 3, & 4 differ from the storylines used in the show.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-30-2010, 03:35 PM
I've read all 4 of the books, I thought they were a good read. Books 2, 3, & 4 differ from the storylines used in the show.

Okay so there are 4 books in the series? I didn't know that. Thanks ! After a lil research I am finding --

Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Dearly Devoted Dexter
Dexter In The Dark
Dexter By Design

Does that sound about right ? And is the order correct ? They are listed in the "customers who bought this book also purchased" blah blah blah section at Barnes n Noble.

I am all over ebay or amazon lookin for a cheap used copy of the first book and will go from there, I guess.

habsfan1
05-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Okay so there are 4 books in the series? I didn't know that. Thanks ! After a lil research I am finding --

Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Dearly Devoted Dexter
Dexter In The Dark
Dexter By Design

Does that sound about right ? And is the order correct ? They are listed in the "customers who bought this book also purchased" blah blah blah section at Barnes n Noble.

I am all over ebay or amazon lookin for a cheap used copy of the first book and will go from there, I guess.

Yeah that's the right order.

toronto1979
06-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Even book 1, though about the Ice Truck Killer differs from the storyline of the TV series. I won't give away any spoilers, but after watching the series first I was happy to see the book was different.

And Sponge Bob, part of the appeal of Dexter (at least for me) is because it's based on the book series, each season has a resolution at the end - like the books. While plotlines do carry over season to season, because it's based on the books, the main plots wrap up nicely (unlike Lost).

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Even book 1, though about the Ice Truck Killer differs from the storyline of the TV series. I won't give away any spoilers, but after watching the series first I was happy to see the book was different.

And Sponge Bob, part of the appeal of Dexter (at least for me) is because it's based on the book series, each season has a resolution at the end - like the books. While plotlines do carry over season to season, because it's based on the books, the main plots wrap up nicely (unlike Lost).

Yeah I've been noticing this myself. It's part of what makes the series so enjoyable. Every time a resolution is met at the end of the season I think oh man now what? How do the writers top that?

To my surprise, I start the next season and realize that somehow they manage to do just that! Like it just keeps getting better and better ! :heart:

I am halfway into season 3. Fuck. Talk about an addiction. I also picked up the first installment of the books and am about halfway into it. Ahhh... what can I say, I love Dex! :D

ih8music
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
just saw this (avoid the spoiler if you haven't watched season 4 yet):

Showtime has confirmed news that Julia Stiles will appear in ten episodes of "Dexter" this season.
http://weblogs.variety.com/.a/6a00d8341bfc7553ef0134836a9a9f970c-320wi

According to the channel, Stiles will "play a mysterious young woman who forms a unique relationship with Dexter (Michael C. Hall) in the wake of the death of his wife."

Season five of "Dexter," which starts production this month, will run this fall on the channel.

Stiles' feature credits include "Ten Things I Hate About You," "Save the Last Dance," "The Omen" and the three "Bourne" movies opposite Matt Damon.loved her in the Bourne films :yes:

fancy19
06-07-2010, 06:33 PM
nice find music hater, can't wait till season starts :)

b_illin
06-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Shitty...not a big Julia Styles fan :(

toronto1979
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I am halfway into season 3. Fuck. Talk about an addiction. I also picked up the first installment of the books and am about halfway into it. Ahhh... what can I say, I love Dex! :D
I *JUST* finished watching the 2nd episode of season 4. Tonight is going to be a late night.

ih8music
06-07-2010, 11:14 PM
loved her in the Bourne films :yes:
rethinking my intial gut reaction... I loved the Bourne films and thought her character was pretty good. not that it matters, but I suppose I didn't really love her the actress all that much... though I certainly didn't hate her.

Shitty...not a big Julia Styles fan :(
I guess whether this is shitty or not depends on what her chatracter will be like. If she's another "calming influence" oin Dex like Rita was then I think it'll suck. But if she's a psycho (which I think she could pull off really well) then it could be very entertaining.

HABS_FrEaK
06-08-2010, 07:24 PM
She has to be better than the one she is replacing...always disliked her

b_illin
06-09-2010, 12:44 PM
^ she was annoying but for some reason I wanted to fuck the shit out her.

secol
06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
^ she was annoying but for some reason I wanted to fuck the shit out her.

:lol:

ih8music
07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
(obviously contains spoilers about the end of season 4.)

YouTube- Dexter Season 5 Trailer (Comic Con)

season 5 starts in 2 months... can't wait!

Looks like I was way off base with my prediction that he cleans up the scene before cops arrive, too. gonna be a messy season, I think. Is Quinn the new Doakes?

toronto1979
07-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Is Quinn the new Doakes?
It would appear that way. Similar storyline for sure.

I wonder if this could be the last season? Surely the series cannot stretch out for 10 years. I think 5 or 6 seasons might be a solid run, after that it would get a little tiresome (as much as I love the show). Better to burn out than fade away right? Plus Six Feet Under was only 5 seasons.

On a sidenote, has anyone seen the movie "Gamer" with Gerard Butler? Michael C Hall plays a billionaire and does a great little dance sequence at the end. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

dripsey3
07-28-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm on the other side of the Pond (Ireland). Dexter is shown here, but it's not prime time or anything so I have to buy the DVDs. Season 3 is out on DVD next month in Europe. Maybe I should invest in a multi region DVD player.....

ih8music
07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
I wonder if this could be the last season? Surely the series cannot stretch out for 10 years. I think 5 or 6 seasons might be a solid run, after that it would get a little tiresome (as much as I love the show). Better to burn out than fade away right? Plus Six Feet Under was only 5 seasons.

As much as I love this show, I kind of hope this is the last season or next-to-last season. I have a hard time seeing them make a villain any better than Trinity - so there really aren't too many ways for the series to progress without falling into a rut. One of those ways is for Dexter to come unglued and/or get caught, which is what that trailer implies.

secol
09-26-2010, 10:13 PM
new season starts tonight (in about 45 mins for me :D)

ih8music
09-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Not sure how I feel about the first episode of the season. I realize he was in shock, but the way he completely lost the ability to relate to people was a little difficult to believe. And it looks like they're setting up Quinn to be Doakes 2.0... unfortunately.

Dubz
09-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Well im just trying to catch up to speed but was left unimpressed by the first episode. The last one from the past season was pretty good tho (it aired just before the new one) Ill stay on board for a while, but admit i never watch weekly series so they better make it more interesting than last night.

ih8music
09-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Well im just trying to catch up to speed but was left unimpressed by the first episode. The last one from the past season was pretty good tho (it aired just before the new one) Ill stay on board for a while, but admit i never watch weekly series so they better make it more interesting than last night.
Yeah, that was not the best episode for getting into the series for the first time. Definitely a transitional episode -- Dexter the character is at a big crossroads and who knows how it'll turn out. I still think this might be the last season.

If you have the chance, try going back a season or two (or start at the beginning).

Dubz
09-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Yeah...my buddy has the first 3 seasons on dvd

CayugaPosse
09-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Not sure how I feel about the first episode of the season. I realize he was in shock, but the way he completely lost the ability to relate to people was a little difficult to believe. And it looks like they're setting up Quinn to be Doakes 2.0... unfortunately.

The show always needs a Doakes character to sustain itself, everyone looks past him because they're used to him, but it's natural that the new guy would see Dexter as curious given his behavior and all the coincidences that surround him.

The payoff comes only with how they ultimately decide to write the climax of that character's arc.

I literally took the exact opposite view from the episode that you did. I thought the way it was written it was interesting that they used the voice-overs to push the notion that he was kind of hiding behind his rough exterior, and kept saying he wasn't a human, when in reality it was clear that the death had hurt him, and that ultimately showed through in the final scene in the bathroom.

I think it's one of the most subtly brilliant acting performances I've seen in a while to have the character's voice over, and even what he was saying be one thing, and have the empty look of someone jarred by the loss.

With Breaking Bad on hiatus, next year's Emmy is up for grabs, Bryan Cranston will not be in them, I think Michael C. Hall stands a very good chance on the strength of this episode(although obviously we live in a rediculous spoiled age right now where TV that is off major networks has gotten so shockingly good he's still got heavy competition without Cranston as the front runner from John Hamm, now Steve Buscemi's emergence not to mention with Breaking Bad out of the way, Sons of Anarchy should get a strong look this year).

What I'm most curious about is what comes next with the end of the episode. In the past they've made a huge deal about him killing outside of Harry's code and then immediately ignored it. I wonder if this season they will legitimately make it vital, especially given how "sloppy" the kill was.

ih8music
09-29-2010, 07:33 AM
The show always needs a Doakes character to sustain itself, everyone looks past him because they're used to him, but it's natural that the new guy would see Dexter as curious given his behavior and all the coincidences that surround him.

The payoff comes only with how they ultimately decide to write the climax of that character's arc.

I think my biggest concern about Quinn being "Doakes 2.0" is that they've already done that storyline. The wrinkle with Deb & Quinn hooking up will no doubt make it interesting (and I'm not going to complain about seeing "more" of Jennifer Carpenter ;)) -- but I'm just worried that it'll be too much of a re-hash of the past.

I literally took the exact opposite view from the episode that you did. I thought the way it was written it was interesting that they used the voice-overs to push the notion that he was kind of hiding behind his rough exterior, and kept saying he wasn't a human, when in reality it was clear that the death had hurt him, and that ultimately showed through in the final scene in the bathroom.

But for me, that's why it didn't ring true. He's spent years working on his "mask" to act like other people... and he couldn't even pretend to be sad? at all? I know Rita was his anchor in the "normal" world, but it just seemed a bit overboard in how he behaved -- around Rita's kids & family, especially.

I dunno... I'll watch it again this weekend before the next episode. Maybe I missed out on some of the subtlety the first time around.

What I'm most curious about is what comes next with the end of the episode. In the past they've made a huge deal about him killing outside of Harry's code and then immediately ignored it. I wonder if this season they will legitimately make it vital, especially given how "sloppy" the kill was.
Indeed. The way they cut the episode, it didn't seem like he would have had enough time to clean up the scene at all, let alone dispose of the body.

CayugaPosse
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
But for me, that's why it didn't ring true. He's spent years working on his "mask" to act like other people... and he couldn't even pretend to be sad? at all? I know Rita was his anchor in the "normal" world, but it just seemed a bit overboard in how he behaved -- around Rita's kids & family, especially.

I dunno... I'll watch it again this weekend before the next episode. Maybe I missed out on some of the subtlety the first time around.

That's what I'm saying, he didn't need to "fake" or pretend to be sad, because he was legitimately hurt by the loss...so hurt he didn't think about doing it, he was in complete shellshock, which as someone who dealt with the loss of my father just last year, I can tell you first hand I know all too well the exact emotion he portrayed in the episode, because I lived it. It's not sadness right away, sadness comes, but for a day or so given how close I was to my father, it was kind of just shock, an empty feeling where you can't help but think about all the things he won't be around to do anymore.

The episode had little to do with him having to put on a mask, he was legitimately distraught. Everything in the episode rang true, the completely shocked feeling/look, him searching for something to do, or fix, in this case it was covering up evidence of his darker side, and ultimately the absolute raw outpouring of emotion as it all finally hits him.

ih8music
10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Really liked last night's episode. Looks like this season will be pretty darn good after all.

secol
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
wonder what he'll do now......also get the feeling that there is something off with the nanny :dunno:

ih8music
10-11-2010, 06:38 PM
also get the feeling that there is something off with the nanny :dunno:
I agree. She's too perfect -- somehow she'll either turn out to be messed up herself, or she'll start to uncover the truth about Dexter.

Really interested in seeing what happens with the Julia Styles character. He can't (or, at least shouldn't) kill her, but he also can't really allow her to be off on her own now.

One thing that I actually like about this season is how sloppy Dexter is getting. I suspect he's going to be leaving behind a whole lot more evidence than he normally would (he's already done it). More reinforcement that this might be the season where he's finally outed...

Dexter
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
also get the feeling that there is something off with the nanny :dunno:

If you go to the website and watch the previews for next week's episode, it pretty much spoils a little bit about what happens.

HABS_FrEaK
11-01-2010, 01:47 AM
"Dying time." Snap!

best.kill.ever

Dexter
11-01-2010, 05:59 AM
"Dying time." Snap!

best.kill.ever

I thought he said "Die die", quoting Harrison from earlier.

secol
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM
yeah i'm pretty sure it was die die lol........feels like lumen is going to get dexter caught sooner or later. funny how masuka described the scene though lol

HABS_FrEaK
11-01-2010, 01:40 PM
haha maybe youre right, thats actually better. I loved the ill either way

CayugaPosse
11-01-2010, 11:52 PM
It's deffinitely "dying time", watched it back a few times.

Season is shaping up very nicely, much different feel.

ih8music
11-02-2010, 01:25 AM
The closed captions said "die die" fwiw.

This episode was really good up until the last minute. Her little speech and dexters "I now know how I can help Lumen" speech was a little too soap-opery for me.

secol
11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
wow so liddy has pics of dexter and lumen disposing......i wonder what happens now. seems like he won't do anything and will make quinn pay out the nose for the info

Zangetsu
11-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't think the pics were actually of them dumping the body parts. He seemed to have just caught them boarding Dexter's boat with the body parts still loaded up in luggage.

As far as I can tell, Liddy seems to be working under the assumption that Dexter murdered Rita so he could be with Lumen.

secol
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
great episode tonight. i guess liddy did know about the bags like i said after all since he noticed they had them when they left and they came back without the bags.
interesting storyline with liddy vs quinn, takes some heat off dexter although chase is going after him now

fancy19
11-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Agreed, next weeks episode looks intense as well, it seems everyone is being intertwined to the dark passenger!

secol
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
so i guess next up on the block is chase......i wonder what liddy does now that he has even more dirt

ih8music
11-29-2010, 01:53 AM
that was an intense episode. still not crazy about some of the soapy dialogue between Dexter and Lumen, but there certainly isn't a lack of excitement this season.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
11-29-2010, 02:39 AM
still working on season 4, fuck. Sometimes I really hate being so fucking busy... but I do enjoy the fact that I can enjoy the newness of a show well after everyone else has gotten their fill. That being said. Have not read any recent posts here... just tripped out when I flipped on the tele tonight and saw some animation sort of dexter in the process of being recorded. Made me go wth?

secol
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
good show last night

fancy19
12-06-2010, 01:15 PM
good show last night

Can't wait to watch it tonight along with the walking dead

ih8music
12-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree, great episode. Even though this season took a while to get going and I'm not loving it as much as last season, it's been really good these past few weeks.

Previews for next week's season finale make it look like Deb walks in on Dexter (and Lumen, I assume?) killing Chase. She's already made it clear that she sympathizes (and romanticizes) the "vigilantes" who are killing these guys, so I suspect she's going to do what she can to protect them. Might be a jump the shark moment, though... can the series really sustain 2 people in on Dexter's secret? And what does he/they do about Quinn, who's gotta know Dexter was behind Liddy's death?

Has anyone heard definitive word on another season? I doubt this is the end of the run, or else they'd be hyping it up.

CayugaPosse
12-06-2010, 10:05 PM
There is a Season 6, they signed up last week.

habsfan1
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Has anyone read the new Dexter book, Dexter is Delicious? Didn't even know a new book came out until yesterday (I was at Chapters picking up Fight Club and turned around and saw it).

secol
12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
not as good as they could've made it :(

Rocklobster
12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
yeah for sure last season was the best. The finale yesterday was mediocre... i wish quinn would die already. and letting two murder suspects go because you have a "hunch" is just stupid.

ih8music
12-13-2010, 01:41 PM
I thought it was fine. Nothing close to last season, but not bad either.

I'm glad Lumen won't be back, and short of killing her off (which would have been a bit much given what happened to Rita last season) I think to have her "dark passenger" leave is reasonable.

Deb's comment at the party about how Dexter should be happy that it's all over struck me as strange. Does that mean she knows he was involved? Did she connect Lumen's departure with the final killing of Chase?

The one thing I didn't like was how quickly the Quinn situation got cleaned up. Blood work aside, I have a hard time believing that they would just let him go given all of the other evidence connecting him to Liddy.

fancy19
12-14-2010, 08:49 AM
yeah for sure last season was the best. The finale yesterday was mediocre... i wish quinn would die already. and letting two murder suspects go because you have a "hunch" is just stupid.

That definitely was not the typical Deborah Morgan....She would have never done that.

ih8music
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Dex and Deb getting divorced. (http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/12/13/michael-c-hall-jennifer-carpenter-divorce/) I guess we know which major character will be getting killed off in season 6! :lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Just finished season 4. Wow. Too bad I already knew the big spoiler at the end but still a great season and solid finale. Looking fwd to season 5 now. Mos Def will be joining season 6 cast. Looks like the Simpsons will be doing a parody this year, also. Sweet.

Btw, when does season 6 start up? I am always so busy and behind the official times.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/27/simpsons-dexter/

Jake
08-09-2011, 01:15 AM
10/2. I can't wait

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Few more weeks and I am FINALLY caught up through season 5! Yay!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-23-2011, 03:40 AM
10 more days until season 6! Who will die first??? :D

toronto1979
09-23-2011, 10:18 AM
10 more days until season 6! Who will die first??? :D
I hope its LaGuerta. If the series followed the books she was supposed to die in season 1. The whole storyline of her and Angel annoys me.

*shakes fist*

ih8music
09-23-2011, 11:20 AM
The more I think about last season and the whole Lumen storyline, the more annoyed I get. Hoping they return to form in the new season.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
09-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I didn't really mind the Lumen storyline so much... I mean it was def. a switch from the norm but what annoys you so much about it ?

LaGuerta and Angel kinda pisses me off too. So does Deb and Quinn! Less sexing and more killing, please.

ih8music
09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
I didn't really mind the Lumen storyline so much... I mean it was def. a switch from the norm but what annoys you so much about it ?

LaGuerta and Angel kinda pisses me off too. So does Deb and Quinn! Less sexing and more killing, please.
Agree with you on Angel/LaGuerta -- but that's a minor enough side story that I can look past it. Deb/Quinn didn't bother much at all, though I wonder if that relationship will last. My issue with Lumen was that I hated the Dexter/Lumen interactions. All of them.

Well, "hate" is probably too strong of a word -- but at the time, I recall being annoyed at how poor the dialog was between them. It just seemed like a cheesy soap and Michael Hall forgot how to act or something. It was never believable to me that these two people were feeling those emotions for each other (maybe I'm just selling Dex short, but I don't think he has it in him... nor do I think Lumen's easy acceptance of his 'dark passenger' was believable). But I kept hoping that it would all work itself out by then end, but when your takeaway from the season finale is "Yay, Lumen won't be back" you know it was a letdown.

I just feel maybe 10% as excited about the start of S6 as I did about the start of S5. I'll still watch and all, but :dunno:

CayugaPosse
10-10-2011, 11:07 AM
As is the case with most new seasons of the show, I have no idea what to make of the start to this season.

I'm an athiest, but I always find explorations in religion interesting(the idea that Dexter believes in nothing against all the other people who feel differently and why they feel the way they feel and how they act in light of what the believe) could be very interesting. It's also a really dangerous slope, because I would expect 99% of the time this storyline goes somewhere really unsatisfying by the end of it.

Like some of the new characters, Mos Def's character is pretty cool so far, and Colin Hanks is creepy, not to mention Masuka's new assistant being easy on the eyes.

Dexter
10-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Like some of the new characters, Mos Def's character is pretty cool so far, and Colin Hanks is creepy, not to mention Masuka's new assistant being easy on the eyes.

I don't know if it's written that way, but Colin Hanks looks like he's overacting. The character just seems so ridiculously rigid, I couldn't give a shit about his storyline (at least right now).

It's still early in the season, but Breaking Bad (which had its season finale last night) set the bar pretty damn high.

ih8music
10-12-2011, 10:33 AM
I realize it's only 2 episodes in, but I'm also having a difficult time getting into this season so far. Mos Def has been the only highlight for me to this point; his should be an interesting character.

The Olmos/Hanks characters seem like they're trying to be over-the-top creepy; just not buying it yet. All the religious overtones are coming off as heavy-handed.

Deb making lieutenant will undoubtedly cause some tension at the station, but again, I'm not really buying it yet. She's so not ready for that position it's laughable.

It's still early in the season, but Breaking Bad (which had its season finale last night) set the bar pretty damn high.
No kidding. Sometimes it's hard to believe I once liked this show so much more than Breaking Bad... they don't even seem to be on the same tier anymore.

ih8music
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
I found this week's episode to be very good - definitely much better than the first two. Maybe there's hope for this season after all.

and I'm 99% sure that Dr. Gellar (Olmos) is going to turn out to be a figment of Colin Hanks' character's mind, just like Harry is for Dexter.

CayugaPosse
10-18-2011, 02:18 AM
I found this week's episode to be very good - definitely much better than the first two. Maybe there's hope for this season after all.

and I'm 99% sure that Dr. Gellar (Olmos) is going to turn out to be a figment of Colin Hanks' character's mind, just like Harry is for Dexter.

A few things bugged me about this one.

****Spoilers for anyone not up to date****

1 - Masuka's assistant stealing the hand from evidence feels like there's absolutely nothing interesting that can come of that story.

2 - I know it's been said alot about a few of the secondary characters, but it bears repeating again...I don't like the way LaGuerta is coming off at all so far this season. Even more, I'm just dying for them to give some humanity to any character not named Angel, Deb or Dexter, and thought the way the season started Quinn might be that guy, now he's just another one note character like LaGuerta that I can't stand. I hate the fact that he's now "pissed scorned ex". Don't see a good resolution coming for that either.

Guess I can't really hold that against them too badly, this is a crime on all TV nowadays more or less, the truly great shows excluded of course.

I'll use a bit of a nerdy example, when Buffy The Vampire started it was very one note, all the characters were stereotypes of something. But the fun of that show was watching every single one of the characters grow and change so drastically that they weren't even the same people they were when they started. That goes for EVERYONE who was EVER a recurring character on that show. Every single one of them got their time to be spotlighted, everyone of them grew and evolved.

Dexter: almost no one has. If you showed someone episode 3 of season 1, and episode 3 of season 6, they wouldn't really have missed that much in character development, Dexter has a kid now which is pretty big. Deb is leuitenant which is big, but she hasn't really grown that much as a character.

LaGuerta and Angel are the exact same fucking person. Literally cut and paste. Same with Masuka.

It's just drawing stale.

Dexter
10-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Are Cody and Astor returning, or have they been conveniently eliminated from the storyline?

ih8music
10-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Are Cody and Astor returning, or have they been conveniently eliminated from the storyline?
I'm guessing they make a cameo at some point this season... but yeah, they seem to be pretty much gone -- which is probably a good idea.

ih8music
11-14-2011, 02:56 AM
That was such a waste of an hour. I was excited and intrigued about him moving into this new and different direction, but they wimped out. Back to the same old, same old I guess.

ih8music
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
The big reveal that Gellar was a figment of Travis' imagination was a big letdown. It had become so predictable that I was hoping the surprise would be that he was actually alive & real. Oh well. Now Dexter knows what many of us have known for weeks... time to hunt him down.

1 - Masuka's assistant stealing the hand from evidence feels like there's absolutely nothing interesting that can come of that story.

And it's now apparently in the hands of the computer guy. (What's up with Masuka picking strange assistants?) Though I must admit that I'm curious where this storyline will go.

I do like the Angel-Quinn comic relief sideshow. Quinn hooking up with the old mom was pretty hilarious. And Deb referring to Dexter as "the chair" and then telling him she wants a table made me :lol:.

Speaking of which, Deb's sessions with her therapist remind me a bit of The Soprano's, in a good way. Her character is probably the only one to be evolving in any way this season.

That said, I still think this season is better than the last.

Also just read that Showtime has renewed it for 2 more seasons, so I hope they can turn it around. Maybe they can get Vince Gilligan to take the reins??? ;)

gogoayane
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
It was way too obvious... but either way, good episode and definitely better than last season. One thing I didn't like is how Dexter who is always cautious / careful sudden became gullible to the whole thing.

CayugaPosse
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Disagree about this season being better than last.

There had better be something big on the horizon, because so far every step of this season has just felt annoying.

One big pet peeve I have with this show is how it seems any single time a new character appears on the screen, there's always got to be some underlying story behind it.

I actually liked the new lab assistant because he was just a wide-eyed dude that was good with computers. The second it panned back from that shot of him and Angel's sister I started rolling my eyes because it could only be headed towards panning over something to reveal the underlying story again. Then it was the hand, and I nearly puked.

If you really think about this show this season, it seems like there's literally no rhyme or reason at all to what's happening.

Debra gets a promotion, and Angel gets passed up in favour of her. That story has gone basically nowhere since it happened. Deb's "struggling" a bit with it, but whatever. Angel has no reaction.

Quinn and Deb break up, and Quinn becomes a sloppy, spiteful drunk idiot. Lame.

Mos Def debuts as the most interesting character this season, and is killed off at the half way point with no real big rammifications from it happening. SUPER lame.

Masuka has hired 2 assistants, both are taking advantage of him, and that whole story just feels like it's destined to be stupid.

LaGuerta and Captain Matthews are now randomly covering up Matthews' involvement with the hooker OD'ing...which also made me roll my eyes.

The new assistant is sleeping with Angel's sister after Angel warned him not to.

There's still Colin Hanks to deal with.

There's that new detective who's deal is still not yet really clear.

My big concern is, Dexter is only 12 episodes long. We've done 9 now. They've thrown so much shit against the wall over the course of the season, constantly debuting characters and arcs and new stories for the characters that I just don't see how this season can come to anything resembling a good conclusion.

Back to Deb as promised: I hope they have her find out.

These last 2 episodes, with her getting so upset that Dexter wouldn't talk to her made me realize that if they don't do it now, I don't think this show has a longer shelf-life.

Change the dynamic a bit, and have her find out who Dexter is. It would be fresh for us to watch, it would be fresh to write, and be the change necessary to get it out of a formulaic arc.

They did a good job, if that's where they're going(which I doubt it is because I doubt they're smart enough to realize the show needs something to change), of making Debra very sympathetic in the last 2 episodes, and offering breif little nuggets and hints that it could be coming(telling the shrink she knew Colin Hanks' sister was hiding something 2 episodes ago and saying "I think she knew something was up with him, and she was trying to protect him, which is what a good sister does.")

The bottom line is, if this season once again just ends with Dexter being Dexter and no one knowing, and nothing changing in the overall dynamic of the show, I just don't see how I could ever be interested in season 7. It's desperate for a change.

Not to mention the fact that it's growing ever more hard to take anyone at Miami Metro seriously at this point.

Dexter
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
This show has been boring as shit recently.

As Cayuga mentioned, there is very little development at all with the characters. The writers have so many great opportunities to take the show to new, exciting and potentially dark places, but they just cop-out and reset everything at the end of each episode. The big reveal at the end of the last episode? Predictable. Everyone and their brother knew what was going to happen.

And either Colin Hanks is over-acting to the extreme, or the writing for his character has been piss poor. Also, what a waste of Edward James Olmos' acting talent.

CayugaPosse
11-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Right. When shows are on the air for a number of seasons, you need things to happen, the dynamics to change. Look at shows that "withstood the test of time", even recently with Lost when at the end of Season 3 they flipped the script and suddenly they had gotten off the island.

Something needs to happen to progress a show forward.

Those who watch it will appreciate the comparison : Dexter's becoming How I Met Your Mother.

The creators of that show are so paranoid of actually having the mother be revealed that it's killed any interest that show once had. Now I don't give a shit who it is, and I rarely watch. It just became the same old thing : Ted meets girl, girl isn't mom. New girl, girl isn't mom.

Dexter just continually re-sets and offers variations of the exact same thing, every season is basically the same. There are instances where it can be elevated(Season 4 thanks entirely to John Lithgow's absolute brilliance), but eventually it's just fucking boring.

Time to do something big, or I don't know if I'm tuning in for Season 7.

gogoayane
12-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Anyone expecting a season ending twist/cliffhanger in tomorrow night's season finale?

ih8music
12-18-2011, 12:57 AM
They're clearly setting up Louis to be some kind of whack job. I bet there a huge revelation about him & who he really is that sets the tone for next season.

Then again, maybe they'll just have Quinn get wasted and fight Batista again.

And Deb will talk to her shrink some more (can't stand her now, btw) about fantasies re: her step-brother.

We really have 2 more seasons of this? How far this once great show has fallen.

gogoayane
12-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm hoping tonight Deb will finally have an idea of Dexter's secret life and will have to juggle between that and her brotherly love next season. Hopefully there is a big OMG ending like season 4.

Not sure where Louis' thing is going but I hope they don't just end it in 10 mins.

CayugaPosse
12-18-2011, 04:51 PM
I have a feeling Louis is next season's killer, so as said before, it likely ends setting up that.

Maybe he kills Angel's sister at the end?

Just got around to watching last week's, and holy god, I knew the show was struggling and not as good as it once was, but I couldn't ever imagine an episode I disliked more than that. The whole "incest" thing was so fucking terrible it's astonishing, and again, none of this season has had any real consequence...it's all just people doing things for no reason or to advance a plot.

Literally the most interesting character this season(Mos Def) was a giant plot device to let Dexter be more trusting so he wouldn't see what we all saw(Colin Hanks was the killer).

I don't know where they go tonight to salvage the gigantic, shitty mess they've created this season.

gogoayane
12-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Pretty good episode IMO. Finally they moved the series to the next stage and in a big way too. Looking forward to the next season!

CayugaPosse
12-19-2011, 02:53 AM
I kind of feel differently...I hated the episode again, but at least it ended in the manner it had to to give me a shred of optimism for next season.

I genuinely laughed out loud at one point, me and a friend were discussing how wasted Mos Def's character was this season, and how it seems that him being there meant nothing.

Then when that lady on the boat says to Dexter "God must be looking out for you" and he gives that wry little smile, I literally burst out laughing. There's the big payoff we were waiting for!

gogoayane
12-19-2011, 10:37 AM
SPOILER (sorry don't know how to do that toggle thing)

If i'm not mistaken... this is the first episode where Harry wasn't there for him throughout the day... as if he no longer need an inner voice to assure him of his next move... and just so happened it was when he screwed up.

I really don't think Mos Def really made much influence to Dexter. At the end of the day, he is still himself and there's no difference in the ritual.

Funny how Travis found Louis' package and gave it a WTF look when he opened the box.

I have a feeling Louis will only be a side story next season... I really like to see how they'll manage Deb's character next two seasons. A lot of possibilities.

ih8music
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Didn't mind how it ended, but couldn't they have done that at last season's finale?

Dexter
12-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Didn't mind how it ended, but couldn't they have done that at last season's finale?

Yup.

habsfan1
12-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Looking forward to next season after that ending. Happy that they are bringing that storyline forward.

b_illin
12-29-2011, 06:12 PM

good call!

secol
09-28-2012, 11:54 AM
wait for the new season is almost over!

Dubz
09-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I dont have the channel. Can i stream this show? Started watching a few seasons ago and now of course im hooked. I dont watch much TV but this shit is a twisted mix of insanity humour and bad bad acting.....but pretty decent writing. Usually i only like movies that are plaisible but i found it pretty easy to let the imagination flow with this series. Thanks for any help....id rather not DL but will if i must. (lazy fker over here LOL)

secol
09-28-2012, 04:49 PM
usually you can find streams that pop up a few days after a show airs. the quality can vary though

CayugaPosse
10-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Dubz - http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

Enjoy.

Jake
11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
I have been saying this for the past few seasons- Every time you look somebody up in TECS, NCIC, or any other law enforcement computer database you have to enter an individual user ID and password and big brother keeps close tabs on that shit- people get fired for looking up friends, neighbors, etc. I am sure a pattern of missing people that keep showing up as being viewed by Dexter Morgan would raise more than a few flags (I understand this is fiction and Hollywood style entertainment and not reality or else it would be boring). It looked like Laguerta was cross referencing a list of victims off something that could be a history of searches from a database. If so I am sure that they wont be able to trace it to individual users, etc.

ih8music
11-12-2012, 04:33 PM
This season started off so well that I was getting excited that Dexter might be back to old form... but these last 2 episodes really concern me. I hate Dexter caring about his love life and wanting to connect with someone. This new chick, while exponentially more attractive than the others, is more of the same old "maybe she can accept the true me" BS.

I just wish they'd stick with the Issac/Russian mafia storyline and drop the forced romanticism. The scene with Issac where Dexter told him exactly how he killed Victor was everything this season should be about. Even the Laguerta stuff is mildly interesting... and I suspect she's going to figure out the truth by the end of the season.

ih8music
11-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Horrible episode. I'm very close to hating this season now.

CayugaPosse
11-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Agreed. I'm not exactly sure how Dexter show-runners made me hate seeing Yvonne Strahovski on my TV since after Chuck I'd have watched her read a phone book for an hour. Was thrilled when she was announced as joining the cast, but it's the exact same fucking thing they've rehashed with several different female guest stars now...I'm tired. I'm also over the main story, there is no reason to make Isaac fucking Superman like they did when he walked into a room full of armed gangsters and was matrix-dodging them and killed everyone, then went to jail and twisted one dude's arm and the entire jail decided to leave him alone.

The Dexter/Debra dynamic is keeping me hanging by a thread, but after a good start to the season, I'm right back to hate-watching it again...if it doesn't change by year's end I'm officially done with the show. Too much good TV right now to waste time watching the same fucking thing and hating myself over and over again.

CayugaPosse
11-21-2012, 02:00 AM
So, when I wrote that last post I hadn't caught up to the most recent episode, so I didn't know they went back to the incest angle again(I know it's not "technically" incest, please spare me that argument if anyone intends on writing that) - I'll float around to the end of the season because there is one, and only one way that they can save this season and the show at this point. This isn't a spoiler obviously because it's just my idea of where they would take this season if they were smart...

Season finale - Dexter kills Debra.

That is the only way this show becomes salvageable at this point.

Dubz
11-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah theres a little too much drama not enough kills LOL. The acting has always been sub par but the writing has always been decent. Ill watch regardless tho. (its one of two shows i keep up with)

Im wondering if Debra doesnt do some killing soon...

Jake
12-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Does anybody else think Deb poisoned herself to "Keep Dexter safe"? This season is far better than last season

ih8music
12-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Far better than the last 2 seasons IMO (mostly because the women are so much hotter this season), but still just ok. Actually, kind of comical now how the writers are being so lazy with the various story lines (Quinn's stripper, Angel's restaurant, Hanna's father, etc.)

but yes, I think deb did it to herself because she realized that was the only way to turn Dex against Hanna.

as for the finale, "Surprise, Motherfucker" -- who thinks Doakes (or Ghost Doakes) makes a reappearance? I think he'll be there as a flashback/dream but at this point who knows? This show has gone so downhill and bizarre that it seems anything goes.

Dubz
12-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Hanna would have killed Deb if she wanted to. Not sure if she did it to herself but Debs character has been better this season. The story lines are short and sweet but youre right...anything goes

HT9
12-14-2012, 06:30 AM
The last two seasons have been such an abortion. This show fell so hard from the top. Seasons 1 and 4 were absolutely incredible though.

Jake
08-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Any predictions? I think Zack may end up killing Dexter in one of the final episodes

ih8music
08-11-2013, 03:10 PM
However they end it, I hope to god that it segues into this:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/board/nest/216519907

If you're a Dexter fan and sad about the show's final season starting up this Sunday, then we may have good news: Showtime has confirmed exclusively to us that actor David Zayas has been scooped up for a spin-off series featuring his character, Angel Batista, set to go into production spring 2014. The program, pitched as a 30-minute format with "more emphasis on humor," will cover the retired detective's struggles to operate his Miami-based restaurant, a subplot hinted at toward the end of Dexter's previous season. Our source claims the upcoming final season will further establish this storyline, as a way of properly seguing into the spin-off. Showtime has confirmed that there will be an initial order of 10 episodes. No word on whether Michael C. Hall or other cast members will be appearing on the show (our guess is no), but a reliable source indicates Cheech Marin is in talks for an unspecified role, and Desmond Harrington, who currently portrays the troubled Joey Quinn on Dexter, will be returning to his character in the program as a line chef. What this indicates about the future of his character's career as a detective on the final season of Dexter is interesting, to say the least. Is he going to lose his job? I guess we'll find out starting this Sunday at 9pm.

:lol:

ih8music
08-27-2013, 10:42 AM
http://i.minus.com/i5RYOCS7SyIRn.gif

gogoayane
08-27-2013, 02:32 PM
lol

Wish he was introduced a bit earlier this season... not sure why Dr. Vogel would volunteer this info to Dex.

Dexter
08-27-2013, 08:05 PM
This season is boring as shit. It's unfortunate because it airs the same night as both the Newsroom and Breaking Bad.

ih8music
08-27-2013, 09:16 PM
The show has been on the decline the past few seasons, but it seems like no one gives a shit anymore. This is without a doubt the worst season of them all. Too bad they're going out on such a sour note.

CayugaPosse
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Since I simply don't care enough to preserve the surprise...I stumbled upon what is supposedly spoilers for the end of the season.

Sorry to break this to anyone who still cares/has any hope: This season is going to get so, so much worse by the end if these were accurate.

Part of me literally can't believe they're real they're that bad...but they also seemed real.

We shall see...

ih8music
09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I've also read what's supposedly going to happen in the finale and it's so awful that it's the perfect way to end the series. I'm excited. :lol:

Jake
09-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Why doesn't Hannah change her appearance AT ALL? A wig, hair dye, makeup, hair cut.... you know, anything.

gogoayane
09-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I've also read what's supposedly going to happen in the finale and it's so awful that it's the perfect way to end the series. I'm excited. :lol:

Was it the same ending you were expecting? Because ya it was pretty bad... well... an easy way out instead of a dramatic finish.

ih8music
09-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Was it the same ending you were expecting? Because ya it was pretty bad... well... an easy way out instead of a dramatic finish.

I read three of the supposedly-leaked endings and this one was probably the least offensive. The others had Matthews revealing that he was behind it all, Quinn taking over for Dexter as Miami's serial killer-killer & the best/worst of all -- the series ending on a long shot of Harrison with a creepy "I'm going to be just like Daddy" look. But Dexter faking his death, leaving his son to be raised by a murderer in a foreign country, and starting up a new identity as some kind of lumberjack? awesome! :lol:

But beside the actual ending, the whole thing was just lazy all around... I don't have the energy to detail it all out, but the online reviews are pretty (and deservedly) brutal. Did anyone catch the obvious shot of the doll that was used for baby Harrison? :lol:

gogoayane
09-23-2013, 12:48 PM
ya basically at the end of the finale I was like "WTF?!" - pretty obvious the writers just want to wrap it up and get it over with. Huge letdown. The only scene I enjoyed was Dexter pulling the plug on Deb, only because of the good acting by Hall. But then I was puzzled on how easy it was for him to move a body in a hospital onto a boat, without anyone questioning... WTF?

A lot of possible ending but this one was just too lazy.

And yes.. the baby doll... another WTF...

b_illin
09-24-2013, 12:19 AM
That was really bad