PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions Thread: For questions that don't need a whole thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

iknowkungfu
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
If it works it will clear up a lot of clutter, instead of different threads for crosby vs. X, crosby vs. Y, crosby vs. Z

Is giving up Mike Smith worth the risk of taking on Varlamov if he isn't named starter at the beginning of the season?

Starter with breakout potential vs 50/50 starter with breakout potential on a better team
________
Herbal blend recipes (http://vaporizers.net)

Cornholio
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't risk it.
You have Ward, who is the starter of course, but Conklin's not, and maybe Varlamov will not be, so you might lose quite a few categories due to les than 3 starts a week (if you have that rule).

iknowkungfu
09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
is there any official decision on ellis in nashville? his numbers were quite good for the preseason, considering dropping conklin for the chance to land a starter
________
HAWAII MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

Ultimate_Nux_Fan
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
is there any official decision on ellis in nashville? his numbers were quite good for the preseason, considering dropping conklin for the chance to land a starter

I'd also like to know more about this. I need a 3rd goalie and Ellis is one of the FA options.

alias
09-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I try to stay away from Nashville goalies. With their track record who knows who will end up the starter. Personally I think Rinne gets about 75% of the starts, but again, it's Nashville so :dunno:

mike_w_31
09-28-2009, 09:23 PM
i would pick up ellis over conklin. the coach never named a starter and said it would be 1a/1b (although that was like a month ago). ellis has been doing really well in training camp and so has chris mason.

Raja
09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
i agree with ellis being a better 3rd goalie then conklin. keep smith over varlamov, but if he gets a few starts in a row snag him.

Zangetsu
09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
I have a lot invested in Rinne in one of my leagues, so all this talk had me intrigued. I did a little research, and Ellis has indeed been dominant in the preseason, while Rinne has struggled.

FWIW, the guys on the Preds hfboard are convinced that Ellis has, at the very least, worked his way into a platoon to start the year. Some are calling him the #1. Trotz hasn't commented, but the Preds first game is Saturday, so watch for an announcement on the starter for the season opener in the coming days.

Dubz
09-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Rate my team....I think I did pretty decent. Its my only ten teamer so it seems a bit stacked compared to my other teams which are all 12 team leagues/keepers at that. This is a one and done among family and friends.

Forwards/Defensemen

C - Jason Spezza (Ott - C)
C - Danny Briere (Phi - C)
LW - Ilya Kovalchuk (Atl - LW)
LW - Paul Kariya (StL - LW)
RW - Jarome Iginla (Cgy - RW)
RW - Jason Pominville (Buf - RW)
D - Andrei Markov (Mon - D)
D - Scott Niedermayer (Anh - D)
D - Tomas Kaberle (Tor - D)
D - Ryan Whitney (Anh - D)
Util - Anze Kopitar (LA - C)
BN - Phil Kessel (Tor - RW)
BN - Brenden Morrow (Dal - LW)
BN - Mike Knuble (Was - RW)

Goaltenders

G - Marc-Andre Fleury (Pit - G)
G - Carey Price (Mon - G)
BN - Cristobal Huet (Chi - G)
BN - Mike Smith (TB - G)

Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG)

Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Thanks

Zangetsu
09-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Your LW is really solid. RW is good and will only get better when Kessel returns. I like your defense, but I'm not a huge Kaberle fan. He will be the man in Toronto, though. I also don't like Briere, but I had him in a few leagues last year, so I'm biased. I like your depth in net. If Price rebounds, Huet doesn't collapse, and Smith's health holds up, you could move a goalie for an upgrade somewhere else.

iknowkungfu
09-29-2009, 02:39 AM
just flipped guerin/sykora for dubinsky/jack johnson, i'm pretty stoked on the upside
________
Vaporizer Article (http://www.vaporshop.com)

nyrblue2
09-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Should I take Dubinsky over Brind'Amour in a league that counts faceoff wins? Gaborik's center vs. the faceoff king...

dman2143
09-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Should I take Dubinsky over Brind'Amour in a league that counts faceoff wins? Gaborik's center vs. the faceoff king...

is dubi even playing gabby? i heard that prospal might be getting that duty...

Dubz
09-30-2009, 07:44 AM

Yes...ive read Brindy is 3rd 4th line.

nyrblue2
09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
is dubi even playing gabby? i heard that prospal might be getting that duty...
Ever since Dubi finally signed, Torts has pretty much given him that slot. Especially with Avery hurt, Prospal fits in nicely at left wing.

dman2143
09-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Ever since Dubi finally signed, Torts has pretty much given him that slot. Especially with Avery hurt, Prospal fits in nicely at left wing.

avery is fine, and playing in the opener....
Newsday reports Rangers LW Sean Avery (http://esl.hockey.cbssports.com/players/playerpage/152282), who sprained his right knee in a late September preseason game, is off crutches and walking around with no notable signs of pain. Avery's MRI has come back clean and the agitator expects to be in the lineup for Friday's opener against the Penguins. "Hopefully, I'm getting my injury out of the way now so it doesn't happen during the season," he said.
(Updated 09/29/2009).

wonder how that affects the lines...

chicagohockey
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
I have not heard anything on the baords about Brian MCCabe. Did he get injured nad I missed it or is the fact that he is no longer getting pucks fed to him from Kaberle the reason no one is talking about him? Wouldn't he still be a decent 40 point 80 PIM defenseman?

iknowkungfu
09-30-2009, 12:42 PM
right now, dubi is #1 center, and prospal is #2, torts apparently really likes prospal at center opposed to wing

i'm a little worried about dubi's pim production now though being on first line and having a different sort of responsibility, but of course he'll be first to step up if gaborik gets hit

you get what you expect from mccabe, he just does it quietly outside of the TO spotlight, although his PIMS have dropped a little bit
________
E cigarette shop (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

nords
09-30-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a lot invested in Rinne in one of my leagues, so all this talk had me intrigued. I did a little research, and Ellis has indeed been dominant in the preseason, while Rinne has struggled.

FWIW, the guys on the Preds hfboard are convinced that Ellis has, at the very least, worked his way into a platoon to start the year. Some are calling him the #1. Trotz hasn't commented, but the Preds first game is Saturday, so watch for an announcement on the starter for the season opener in the coming days.

Thanks for that info Zang! I am struggling to find a third goalie. Currently holding onto Elliot and Niemi and hoping one steals starts from the starter (if Niemi even makes it as Huet's backup).

What 2 backups would you guys take as "potential #1 stealers/platooners"? I would like to invest in 2 in the hopes that I get a third goalie:

Ellis, Elliot, Niemi, Clemmenson, Boucher, Auld, Nittymaki, Harding, Labarbara

Currently thinking Ellis, Elliot and Boucher may be top options, though I do like Niemi since I don't think Huet can handle a real 60+ season.

Chilly_Willy
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
I think Auld could see 25 or more starts. But I would gamble on ellis first. Elliot may see some starts but I worry about the stats in Ottawa. Boucher is nersing a minor groin pull if I remember right. Vokun has to get hurt for clemmensen to see time IMO. the others I don't see value in.

nords
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I think Auld could see 25 or more starts. But I would gamble on ellis first. Elliot may see some starts but I worry about the stats in Ottawa. Boucher is nersing a minor groin pull if I remember right. Vokun has to get hurt for clemmensen to see time IMO. the others I don't see value in.

Thanks! Now that I remember, Turco said he wants to cut down on his starts to about 55 or so.....so Auld might be a good 3rd option. I am now leaning to drop Elliot and Niemi and getting Ellis and Auld when they clear waivers (I have #2 waiver and don't think I should use it on a third goalie).

chicagohockey
09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
How does everyoen feel about Tyler Myers? 6'8'' jsut made the buffalo squad. Was league MVP in the WHL last year. Drafted 1st round 12th last year. That's about all I know about him.

iknowkungfu
09-30-2009, 05:19 PM
yeah i'm interested too, mean streak? PP quarterback? or is he just a marek malik?
________
Mercedes-benz c111 history (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_C111)

chicagohockey
09-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Anyone Rank my team, basic Forward, Defenseman, Goalie league 12 team h2h in sig.
I feel good about my Goalies and my D. My top forwards are solid, but I worry about the low end forwards ( Gomez, Erkisson, Ju. Williams, Kunitz) Statsny was a late round steal.

1.(11)Roberto Luongo
2.(14)Mike Green
3.(35)Mike RichardsF
4.(38)Marc SavardF
5.(59)Ray EmeryG
6.(62)Bobby RyanF
7.(83)Brian CampbellD
8.(86)Dennis WidemanD
9.(107)Mikko KoivuF
10.(110)Loui ErikssonF1
1.(131)Chris KunitzF
12.(134)Milan LucicF
13.(155)Mike SmithG
14.(158)Brad RichardsF
15.(179)Justin WilliamsF
16.(182)Scott GomezF
17.(203)Paul StastnyF
18.(206)Erik JohnsonD

Available Fa's :
Erik Cole, Todd White, Keith Tkahcuk, Martin Erat, Mikael Samuelsson, Vinnie Prospal, Pavol Demitra, Bryan Little, Mark Recchi, Nikita Filtalov, Okposo, Duchene, Dubinsky, Connolly, Bouchard, Gagner, Burns, McDonald, Redden, Del Zotto, Visnovsky, Weight, TJ Oshie, Higgins, Salo, Bergeron, Nylander, Letang, Lehtinen, Sturm, Shanahan, Droughty, Whitney, Giroux, Afinoganov, Vrbata, Brunnstrom, Turris, Beauchemin, Leino,

iknowkungfu
10-01-2009, 12:50 AM
i'd drop justin williams

Dubinsky, McDonald would be good additions

is the whitney ray or ryan? if ray he would easily be the pick of the litter
________
Cr-X Del Sol (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CR-X_del_Sol)

bearcats
10-01-2009, 12:58 AM
tyler myers did make the team, he will be the pp qb of the future along with butler, it will be interesting to see which one of these two asserts themselves well enough to get consistent pp time, they will be fighting it out with Rivet for the likley lone d spot as connolly when healthy will be manning the other point

IMO ellis has the best chance of taking a starters role...I think they nash will play him early if he gets hot and then trade him away as I am sure that they feel Rinne is the goalie of the future...

iknowkungfu
10-01-2009, 01:54 AM
i really don't want to drop conklin because he still has some value

who would be most likely to drop to add ellis to mix?

i'm guessing afinogenov, but there's a chance johnson or JVR would still be in the mix of FA's later on
________
Stock Picks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

iknowkungfu
10-01-2009, 11:00 AM
i really don't want to drop conklin because he still has some value

who would be most likely to drop to add ellis to mix?

i'm guessing afinogenov, but there's a chance johnson or JVR would still be in the mix of FA's later on

any insight please?
________
Rohypnol rehab forum (http://www.rehab-forum.com/rohypnol-rehab/)

nyrblue2
10-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Afinogenov. He's garbage.

nords
10-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Elias was dropped in my pool (probably because the manager couldn't figure out how to get him onto IR --> need to go to Classic mode)

Who should I drop to try and get him? I am 6th on waivers so will have to get lucky to get him. I am thinking Clarkson or Carcillo since I actually have PIMs from my defence and from a few of my skilled forwards.

TEAM:
C: Datsyuk, Savard, Kesler, Arnott, Connolly, Brind'Amour
L: Morrow, Kunitz, Mcdonald (C/L), Kariya, Carcillo
R: Doan, Ryan, Clarkson
D: Lidstrom, Pronger, Barker, Zidlicky, Ohlund
G: Thomas, Vokoun, C Mason, Boucher (IR)

LEAGUE:
11 Team ROTO
STATS: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, FW, W, GAA, S%, SO
POS: 2C, 2L, 2R, 2F, 5D, 4UTL, 2G, 3BN

Dubz
10-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Positionally its Carcillo...I like Clarkson more as well.

nyrblue2
10-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Carcillo.

iknowkungfu
10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
carcillo for sure, clarkson has offensive upside
________
ass Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/anal-sex/)

CreepingDeath
10-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I wouldnt start a thread for it, but if anyone has a minute, It would be cool to get a quick rating on my $ league team in my sig. I think I did well, especially for the settings.

iknowkungfu
10-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I wouldnt start a thread for it, but if anyone has a minute, It would be cool to get a quick rating on my $ league team in my sig. I think I did well, especially for the settings.

what's with the 5 goalies? do you play max games?
________
Weed Vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.org/)

CreepingDeath
10-02-2009, 06:26 PM
what's with the 5 goalies? do you play max games?

We do, Its the normal setting of 2 goalies and 164 games. Although, the settings in the league encourage playing all of your games, so thats a must. I start by getting "plus 10" in goalie games or so, then I can afford the option to bench my guys against good teams when needed and play the matchup game. I stock up on goaltending also because, odds are, 1 might suck, and/or 1 might get hurt, and I want the depth to absorb those blows. One last point is, goalies are always great trade bait, because someone is ALWAYS is in need. Its sort of a first half strategy, as I wont have that many goalies second half and beyond. And you can never have too much goaltending, imo.

iknowkungfu
10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
as far as i can tell your team looks alright if that's your strategy, i'd be a little worried about depth when someone gets hurt though, if any of your wingers or defense get hurt DTD you'll be losing games you won't be able to make up without dropping someone
________
BLOWJOB DOUBLE (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/339/double/videos/1)

iknowkungfu
10-09-2009, 01:15 AM
does conklin have any value in a 14 team league? i've been trying to shop him around for a center, since pavelski and bollard are both injured, without any luck

should i just drop him? or stand pat a few more days to see if anything happens in their goaltending situation
________
Iolite vaporizer smell (http://vaporizer.org)

paulie
10-09-2009, 02:07 AM
I've been looking around at some FA's, and no one's picked up Brassard in Team B's league yet. Would you drop Bergeron or Oshie for him or stand pat? It looks like both Oshie and Bergeron are one Line 3, PP2.

iknowkungfu
10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
i'd take brassard over either of them
________
Iolite instruction manual (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

paulie
10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
So who would you drop, Oshie or Bergeron?

iknowkungfu
10-09-2009, 11:13 AM
they're about equal in value but if i had to choose i'd drop oshie
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Dubz
10-09-2009, 01:54 PM
What are the odds this goes through a league vote...its a ten teamer and I love these managers.

Evgeni Malkin
Jeff Carter
Alexander Semin
Tomas Vokoun

Mike Richards
Alexander Ovechkin
Semyon Varlamov

Saves are a cat and we are ALL goalie hoggers.:D

alias
10-09-2009, 09:19 PM
My first year doing roto....how the hell does that point system work? My team had 5 goals, 8 assists, 27 SOG among other stats, yet my team got 1 point. I'm baffled.

iknowkungfu
10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
My first year doing roto....how the hell does that point system work? My team had 5 goals, 8 assists, 27 SOG among other stats, yet my team got 1 point. I'm baffled.

if you lead a category you get as many points as there are managers

IE 10 team pool you get 10 points for leading a category, if you're dead last you'll get 1, then all point totals are added up to give you a team total
________
Vapir No2 Vaporizer (http://vapirno2.net)

lektrix
10-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Which 2?

Tavares @ BOS
Horcoff vs MTL
Tanguay vs CAR

Leaning towards Horc and Tangs so far...

iknowkungfu
10-10-2009, 10:38 AM
i'd go

Tavares @ BOS
Horcoff vs MTL

tanguay and lecavalier are completely MIA
________
Leather live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/fetish/leather/)

iknowkungfu
10-10-2009, 10:50 AM
where can i see what teams have the most games in the next X amount of days?
________
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Dubz
10-10-2009, 11:07 AM

Chgorman's goalie thread is good for the next week. Or you can click on full schedule on Y!

O'Doyle
10-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Here's a question...shouldn't Gomez have picked up the second assist on Hamrlik's goal for the Habs tonight? ESPN is only showing 1 assist to Camms. Anyone else see the game?

alias
10-11-2009, 10:32 AM
if you lead a category you get as many points as there are managers

IE 10 team pool you get 10 points for leading a category, if you're dead last you'll get 1, then all point totals are added up to give you a team total

thanks! one more question....how does a team end up wth negative points?

Zangetsu
10-11-2009, 11:30 AM
You can't think of roto points as a a reflection of nightly results. Instead, all stats are cumulative over the course of the season. Points in each category represent your team's ranking compared to the rest of the league (check the "Full Standings" tab from your league page to see where you stand in each category). A team can have negative points if it drops in more categories or by more spots than it gains.

For example, let's say your team has 30 goals and 40 assists. Another team has 28 goals and 38 assists. On Saturday night your team scores 1 goals and 3 assists (bad night), and the other team scores 5 goals and 7 assists. That other team would pass you in the rankings in both categories, and assuming your ranking doesn't change in any other categories, you would have a -2 score for the night.

Again, since roto leagues are based on cumulative stats over the course of the entire season, you really have to be patient. You're probably seeing some crazy swings in points right now, but as the stats accumulate, things will become more stable.

iknowkungfu
10-11-2009, 11:32 AM
garon or elliott a better option than conklin?
or
belanger better than recchi?
or
demers (SJ) better than morris
________
CHEAP GLASS PIPES (http://glasspipes.net/)

alias
10-11-2009, 11:43 AM
You can't think of roto points as a a reflection of nightly results. Instead, all stats are cumulative over the course of the season. Points in each category represent your team's ranking compared to the rest of the league (check the "Full Standings" tab from your league page to see where you stand in each category). A team can have negative points if it drops in more categories or by more spots than it gains.

For example, let's say your team has 30 goals and 40 assists. Another team has 28 goals and 38 assists. On Saturday night your team scores 1 goals and 3 assists (bad night), and the other team scores 5 goals and 7 assists. That other team would pass you in the rankings in both categories, and assuming your ranking doesn't change in any other categories, you would have a -2 score for the night.

Again, since roto leagues are based on cumulative stats over the course of the entire season, you really have to be patient. You're probably seeing some crazy swings in points right now, but as the stats accumulate, things will become more stable.

:yes: thanks zanger!

Dvddeen
10-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Slava Kozlov has been doing nothing and I am thinking it might be time to replace him.

Possible FA replacements are:
Dustin Penner
Andrew Brunette
Sean Avery
Andrew Ladd
Brian Rolston

arexjay
10-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Tonight: start BRiere, Pominville, or Hemsky?

doofdoof
10-16-2009, 12:40 PM

Or hit the "opponents" tab in Yahoo. This will show the matchups for the week, so you can also choose which teams play on quiet nights

Dubz
10-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Tonight: start BRiere, Pominville, or Hemsky?

Injury thread has Hemmer sitting this one out.

Id go briere....because I reward my guys with Ice Time:lol:

iknowkungfu
10-16-2009, 05:35 PM
who in the below team is worthy of dropping for berglund, stoll or zubrus?
________
California dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)

arexjay
10-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, went with Briere as I need goals anyway.

bearcats
10-16-2009, 06:59 PM
ribeiro vs boston
or
m koivu @ edmonton

tonight

thanks

jd1655
10-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Ribero - home game, his line-mates are hot. That's all I'm basing it on - a toss up.

bearcats
10-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Ribero - home game, his line-mates are hot. That's all I'm basing it on - a toss up.

coupled with koivu and minny struggling...hmm makes sense to me

bretthullfan
10-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I would go for Ribs as well... I don't think the Bruins are gonna be able to cool the Stars down yet and don't forget... Havlat's injured now to top it all off....

Would you guys drop Kaberle for any of these Ds... this is for the 700 dollar pot league where the ratio between goals and assists is 3:2... and 4.5:3 for ppg and assists?

Letang
Goligoski
Del Zotto
Robidas
Grebeshkov
Wideman
Kubina
Barker
Girardi

maxim
10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Savard and Wolski for Jiginla. I get iginla. Good deal? I had no RWers lol

iknowkungfu
10-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Savard and Wolski for Jiginla. I get iginla. Good deal? I had no RWers lol

yeah you're stacked at center, good deal
________
SQUIRTING XXX (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/38/squirting/videos/1)

Zangetsu
10-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Savard and Wolski for Jiginla. I get iginla. Good deal? I had no RWers lolYeah, that deal is perfect for you positionally.

bretthullfan
10-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Would you guys drop Kaberle for any of these Ds... this is for the 700 dollar pot league where the ratio between goals and assists is 3:2... and 4.5:3 for ppg and assists?

Letang
Goligoski
Del Zotto
Robidas
Grebeshkov
Wideman
Kubina
Barker
Girardi

DarkValiant
10-17-2009, 04:05 PM
It depends on if +/- is going to kill you. I think Kaberle will probably get a fair bit of points but you also might want to consider Grebeshkov while Souray is out. He's been manning the point on the powerplay and tends to shoot more than Kaberle does.

DarkValiant
10-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Looking for some help on which goalies to start tonight. I have Fleury vs TB, Luongo vs Min and S. Mason v LA. Looks like all three are starting tonight. I'm leaning towards Luongo and Fleury since Min and TB are both having a hard time right now.

Anyone care to weigh in?

arexjay
10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Drop Tanguay, pick up Malone?

iknowkungfu
10-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Drop Tanguay, pick up Malone?

are you holding onto cole for some reason?
________
Prilosec lawyers (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

Requiem
10-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Bryan McCabe vs Alex Goligoski -> who do you prefer? I've got McCabe, looking at making an improvement.

On a related note -> I had Dumont on the IR and picked up Brunette - ride Brunette and keep Dumont off or drop him and reinstate Dumont?

Thanks guys!

iknowkungfu
10-23-2009, 03:17 PM
any devils fans have any insight on rob niedermayer? 6 points in 8 games, and correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he playing with zajac and langenbruner now?

thinking about adding him for todd white
________
How To Use Soldering Iron Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com)

lektrix
10-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Niedermayer won't last long, don't do it.

Zangetsu
10-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I believe the second line in NJ is Bergfors-Zajac-Clarkson. I don't know who Niedermayer is playing with.

iknowkungfu
10-23-2009, 04:49 PM
it seems like either way he'll be a top 2 at least

in his last 2 games he's been in on 2 goals with parise and langenbruner, dobber line combos has him spending 10% of his season's shifts with parise and langenbruner (which sounds about right after 4-5 games on the 3rd line)
________
Washington Dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

corky
10-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Kaberle for prospal?

bretthullfan
10-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Prospal side wins IMO... he should have a great season this year playing alongside glass-man

corky
10-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Horton VS Philly tonight or Justin Williams VS Phoenix tonight (if he plays even)

bearcats
10-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Horton VS Philly tonight or Justin Williams VS Phoenix tonight (if he plays even)

check the injury thread I posted a link saying ju will is out of the lineup tonight

corky
10-24-2009, 10:09 AM
thanks for that!

one last one,

Kaberle VS Nucks or Bogosian VS Sharks

corky
10-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Theo VS NYI
Vokoun VS Phi
Backstrom VS Car

which 2 to start. i am thinking Theo is a must but cant decide between vokoun or backstrom. wins saves and shutout categories

alias
10-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Doan vs. LA
or
Setoguchi @ ATL ???

Dubz
10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I never bench Setoguchi. Hedburg is in as well as the Sharks have to be hungry for some goals. Nice choice to have either way.

corky
10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Backstrom VS Canes
Vokoun vs Flyers

iknowkungfu
10-24-2009, 04:09 PM
jesus, didn't expect this, but all 4 of my goalies look to be in tonight

what to do?

ward vs minny
smith vs buffalo
conklin vs dallas
ellis vs chicago

leaning towards ward and conklin/smith as chicago is capable of lighting teams up big
________
PROBLEMS WITH NEXIUM (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

iknowkungfu
10-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Backstrom VS Canes
Vokoun vs Flyers

the way the canes have been playing lately, backstrom
________
Medical Marijuana Card (http://mmjp.org)

bplax_mooky
10-24-2009, 05:14 PM
jesus, didn't expect this, but all 4 of my goalies look to be in tonight

what to do?

ward vs minny
smith vs buffalo
conklin vs dallas
ellis vs chicago

leaning towards ward and conklin/smith as chicago is capable of lighting teams up big

I would go with Ward and Conklin. Minnesota has been having trouble scoring this season and Conklin has looked pretty good in his 3 starts.

I was thinking about offering my Kovalchuk for his Luongo. He is hurting in goals and I am currently in 2nd, and I am in last for goalie statistics. Is this a fair deal?

iknowkungfu
10-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I would go with Ward and Conklin. Minnesota has been having trouble scoring this season and Conklin has looked pretty good in his 3 starts.

I was thinking about offering my Kovalchuk for his Luongo. He is hurting in goals and I am currently in 2nd, and I am in last for goalie statistics. Is this a fair deal?

i'd try to get a bit more than luongo, but otherwise it sounds good, i'm loving having kovalchuk though, he'll singlehandedly keep you in the running for the goal cats
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

bplax_mooky
10-24-2009, 05:18 PM
i'd try to get a bit more than luongo, but otherwise it sounds good, i'm loving having kovalchuk though, he'll singlehandedly keep you in the running for the goal cats

Would asking for Sharp and Luongo in return for Kovalchuk and Huet/Osgood be asking too much?

bearcats
10-24-2009, 06:23 PM
pomminville @ TB
whitney @ minn
brunette vs carolina

pick 2 for tonight

Hawkeye
10-24-2009, 07:16 PM
pomminville @ TB
whitney @ minn
brunette vs carolina

pick 2 for tonight

Pominville and Whitney

Who would you rather have in a keeper league??

Iginla or Zetterberg?

iknowkungfu
10-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Would asking for Sharp and Luongo in return for Kovalchuk and Huet/Osgood be asking too much?

i wouldn't think so, just depends on the GM
________
VAPOURIZER PIPE (http://www.vaporshop.com)

iknowkungfu
10-24-2009, 07:30 PM
is dubinsky due for a sell high? i don't like this production coming in bunches (in single games as well)

only thing is center is probably my weakest position so who should i be asking for back
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS (http://weedvaporizers.org/)

OT1
10-24-2009, 09:43 PM
need upgrade on LW. anyone better than andy mac?

moulson
ruutu
bourque
mcleod
benn
tkachuk
o sullivan
malone
clowe

is there any easier way to copy and paste all the names without the useless info?

iknowkungfu
10-24-2009, 10:46 PM
bourque is a beast so far this year
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Zangetsu
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
is dubinsky due for a sell high? i don't like this production coming in bunches (in single games as well)

only thing is center is probably my weakest position so who should i be asking for back

While Dubinsky is on pace to have a better year than last year, it's not like he's leading the league in scoring. His value is higher now than it would have been prior to the season, but I don't think you'll be able to move him for an underperforming veteran of any significance.

Pominville and Whitney

Who would you rather have in a keeper league??

Iginla or Zetterberg?

Not knowing categories, Iginla, if for no other reason than position.

Gern Blansten
10-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Would you burn a 3rd waiver priority on S. Neidermayer or Boyes?

OT1
10-25-2009, 11:50 PM
i would stay put for your team.

should i drop andy mcdonald for kariya?

DarkValiant
10-27-2009, 01:41 AM
I personally like them both almost equally. I guess Andy might be better if you can make use of the dual eligibility.

dripsey3
10-27-2009, 08:47 AM
My LWs are causing me a headache.

Would Jamie Benn be an upgrade over Kariya?.

jeffoule
10-27-2009, 09:38 AM
My LWs are causing me a headache.

Would Jamie Benn be an upgrade over Kariya?.

Not in my opinion

Ginu09
10-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Do I use a waiver on Brad Boyes in my Team 2? I'd drop Johnson knowing I have Pronger, Gonchar and Markov for 2 spots when all 3 are healthy? Gonchar isn't going on IR any time soon it seems and I was going to pick up McDonald, but now Boyes has been dropped. There is plenty on the waiver wire though: Franzen (IR), McDonald, Tkachuk, Kariya, Pominville, Horton, etc. so I don't know if he'll go through. It seems nobody wants St. Louis players for some reason - I think they're just in a slump and they're a playoff team this year.

EDIT: I have two IR spots, one is being used on Markov. Do I stash Franzen by dropping Johnson, then pick up Boyes with my open spot?

Does your reasoning change if I only have 15 moves for the season and have already used up 4? If I do pick up Franzen, and then have to put one of my current players on IR, I'd have to drop someone to pick them up later, wasting further moves?

lektrix
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Briere, Niedermayer, S. Mason or Crosby, C. Mason?
Auld, Kariya, Suter or Bryzgalov, O'Sullivan, R. Blake?
Phaneuf, S. Mason or Thornton, Price?
Jokinen, S. Mason or Kopitar, Price?

iknowkungfu
10-28-2009, 02:06 AM
crosby side
bryzgalov side
thornton side
jokinen side
________
Big dick amateur (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/256/amateur/videos/1)

OT1
10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
agreed with above except i like the kopitar side more just a bit

should i play riberio vs toronto tonight or m koivu vs nashville?

isitthatsfine
10-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Opinions on this trade please:

I give:
Malkin, Selanne, Bieksa

I get:
Iginla, Pronger, Rafalski

Would drop Barker and use flavors of the week until elias/pavelski return

Gern Blansten
10-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I think you stand pat on that one. You give the best player in the deal.

Background: League owners pretty much draft & hold their guys. Some trading but not much. For the most part people are savvy enough to not drop super-quality players. Last year the guy who had the #1 waiver priority didn't get to use it. Now I have that spot.

Boewmeester was dropped. Do I burn my #1 priority to scoop him up? I already have three offers out right now trying to sell high on Del Zotto.

isitthatsfine
10-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Boewmeester was dropped. Do I burn my #1 priority to scoop him up? I already have three offers out right now trying to sell high on Del Zotto.

I would in a heartbeat. Bouwmeester is a great dman, and the Calgary PP alone makes him very worthwhile. Not to mention he eats up minutes on a team that will score a ton.

zhmen
10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Kuba is FA .
is he upgrade over any my D-man ?

doofdoof
10-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Once Gonchar returns he is over Goligoski

zhmen
10-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Once Gonchar returns he is over Goligoski
that's what I was thinking too. question is : do I pick up Kuba now or wait and pray he will be there in 3 weeks ? :confused:
:D

iknowkungfu
10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
drop white or berglund for vrbata?
________
Business overhead expense disability insurance forums (http://www.insurance-forums.org/business-overhead-expense-disability-insurance/)

iknowkungfu
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
drop white or berglund for vrbata?

damnit someone just picked him up
________
PAXIL SETTLEMENT INFO (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

bretthullfan
10-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Pominville, Havlat, or Justin Williams... point emphasis in my league is weighted toward goals and powerplay goals.

Skate or Die
10-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Pominville, Havlat, or Justin Williams... point emphasis in my league is weighted toward goals and powerplay goals.Since its points, I value health so Pominville.

Skate or Die
10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Opinions on this trade please:

I give:
Malkin, Selanne, Bieksa

I get:
Iginla, Pronger, Rafalski

Would drop Barker and use flavors of the week until elias/pavelski returnMalkin's too head and shoulders above that group, and Bieksa is too close to Pronger to make that a good deal for you.

Skate or Die
10-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Horton(C,RW) or Gomez(C), considering positions for the team in my sig?

isitthatsfine
10-29-2009, 05:02 AM
Horton(C,RW) or Gomez(C), considering positions for the team in my sig?

I think the Mtl top line will be very good. MAB is an acceptable PP QB.

Through +/- alone I think M. Koivu is a reasonable upgrade to Gomez. The risk is likely in points (slightly). IMO Gomez will have more PPP too.

bearcats
10-31-2009, 10:59 AM
whitney @ phi
ryder vs edm
brunette @ pitt
langkow vs det

pick two

ancienthistory
11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Peverley and JVR are still FAs in my league...are they an upgrade over Selanne or Boyes?

This is for Team 1...

I'm also thinking I could grab Hossa and add then add Peverley/JVR

Lemelin is Pulgasari
11-09-2009, 01:58 PM
To the above poster: with 8 max moves, I don't think I'd be making a move for JVR or Peverley. But you mentioned picking up Hossa. If he's a FA, I'd find a way to get him on your team. I might drop Gionta before the others, though.

Now here's my question... for team 2 in sig, do I drop Rinne for Gustavsson? I think most of you have already given up on Rinne, but up to this point I haven't liked any of the other FA options, so I chose to wait it out and hope his numbers improved and/or he won the #1 job. His numbers have gotten better, but I feel like I'm just waiting for him to fail again, and Ellis is still getting starts when he falters. I'm currently sitting 8th out of 10 teams, and goalies are my glaring weak spot.

gogoayane
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I would make the move and drop Rinne for Gustavsson - watching a few leafs games, I must say when Gustavsson is in net, the whole team gains confidence and has been playing pretty well. I don't this Gustavsson's stat will move around too much and should be around 2GAA on average.

My question:

I was offered Thornton for Kovalchuk / JVR - but I also own Pavelski... should I make the trade? This opens up a spot for me to actiavte someone from IR.

Lemelin is Pulgasari
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the response.

If you're the one getting Thornton, I'd rather stand pat and wait out the Kovalchuk injury. It depends on what your stats are and what positions you're hurting at, but goals are tougher to come by than assists, and elite wingers rarer than elite centers.

Who would you be activating, what's your roster, and what stat categories count?

gogoayane
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the response.

If you're the one getting Thornton, I'd rather stand pat and wait out the Kovalchuk injury. It depends on what your stats are and what positions you're hurting at, but goals are tougher to come by than assists, and elite wingers rarer than elite centers.

Who would you be activating, what's your roster, and what stat categories count?

Thanks for the input - I started a thread on this (since the owner wants an answer today!)
and seems like everyone is agreeing with your thought too.

pzabbar
11-10-2009, 05:07 AM
Who could I try to trade for O.Jokinen. I think he might get well soon....(maybe) Dumont? Streit? Really hard to judge his value...

gogoayane
11-10-2009, 08:57 AM
you can try trading Afinogenov, Dumont, Williams... pretty guys with recent success... look into his area of weakness and trade from there.. btw I think you might need to trade for a goalie as well

gogoayane
11-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Who to drop to activate Kovalchuk?

My Team:
C - Stastny, Toews, Pavelski, Jokinen
LW - Vanek, Malone, Prospal, JVR
RW - Kane, Hemsky, Boyes, Ju. Williams
D - Visnovsky, E. Johnson, Kuba
G - Luongo, Lundqvist, C. Mason
IR - Kovalchuk

JVR?

Buckethead
11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Who to drop to activate Kovalchuk?

My Team:
C - Stastny, Toews, Pavelski, Jokinen
LW - Vanek, Malone, Prospal, JVR
RW - Kane, Hemsky, Boyes, Ju. Williams
D - Visnovsky, E. Johnson, Kuba
G - Luongo, Lundqvist, C. Mason
IR - Kovalchuk

JVR?
I'd say you gotta go with JVR.

Buckethead
11-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Points Only (Team 5 in sig)

I get: Datsyuk
I give: Morrow

Datsyuk owner is thinking about it.. I just want confirmation that I am not crazy and I win this deal outright in the end..

lektrix
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Above - yes. Datsyuk is a lock for 80, Morrow has to work his ass off to reach 80.

My question:

Which forward should I drop to activate Kovy (Leighton is the most obvious choice but he's not a F)?

Buckethead
11-10-2009, 03:21 PM
My instinct is McLeod, but I guess you have him because of PIM.

However, Leighton would be the one I would drop if positions make no difference in the drop.

Lemelin is Pulgasari
11-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Buckethead: Definitely get Datsyuk.

lektrix: I say drop McLeod. Considering it's roto with max games, where you have 2 left wingers of the Kovalchuk and Cammaleri calibre, it's going to be hard to get him in there. And Kovalchuk is returning soon, supposedly.

----

As for me, Mikko Koivu was dropped and cleared waivers in Team 1's league. I'm thinking of dropping Antropov for him, but the +/- is scaring me off. Shades of Brad Richards a couple seasons back. Opinions?

lektrix
11-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Buckethead: Definitely get Datsyuk.

lektrix: I say drop McLeod. Considering it's roto with max games, where you have 2 left wingers of the Kovalchuk and Cammaleri calibre, it's going to be hard to get him in there. And Kovalchuk is returning soon, supposedly.

----

As for me, Mikko Koivu was dropped and cleared waivers in Team 1's league. I'm thinking of dropping Antropov for him, but the +/- is scaring me off. Shades of Brad Richards a couple seasons back. Opinions?

Very true, but he's a Western LWer and he's SADLY my only source of PIMs atm. JVR on the other hand is Eastern so most of his games will fall on the same night as Kovy/Camm...ughhhhhhh..

----

If MK cleared waivers, why not sit and wait to see what he can do? Antropov w/ Kovy back is much much better....

Lemelin is Pulgasari
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
If you start McLeod on Kovy/Camm off-nights, you're going to be taking games away from them because of the 82 game max. Are there any decent goon D-men on FA who could get you some PIMs? I feel like it's easier to 'waste' games at D in roto, as opposed to at a forward slot.

bretthullfan
11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Havlat, Bergfors or Dumont for the year? My league rewards goals to assists at a 3:2 ratio... and PPG to PPA at 4.5:3 points, let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Chilly_Willy
11-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I like dumont of the group and havlat if you want a little more risk reward

Vincent
11-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm getting really fed up with Havlat.
Should I drop him for Giroux or would that just be crazy?

I don't think I could swing a good trade with him right now because his value is so low, but the other option is holding onto him and hoping he gets hot so that his value goes up..
which doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

Opinions?
Team is in siggy

a0102030405
11-15-2009, 04:44 PM
i get luongo, doughty

i give bryz, gonchar, mcD, afingonenov, goligoski

he seems to want to get rid of luongo for some reason and is weak on D.
think he would accept or do I need to up the offer.

I'm getting really fed up with Havlat.
Should I drop him for Giroux or would that just be crazy?

I don't think I could swing a good trade with him right now because his value is so low, but the other option is holding onto him and hoping he gets hot so that his value goes up..
which doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

Opinions?
Team is in siggy

i personally don't think he'll have a great year, but others do think so. MIght be worth holding on for a week more.

either way I would try to group him as a name player in a trade.

Buckethead
11-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I get: Kopitar, M.Smith
I give: Brodeur

Reject that .. ? (Team 1)

I plan on rejecting, but Kopitar is on FIRE. But I won't let my goaltenders get that weak.

TB_JAYS
11-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Buckethead, I would reject that personally.

zhmen
11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Olli Jokinen is droped.
worth #5 waiver ?

iknowkungfu
11-19-2009, 10:12 PM
move alfredsson or st louis to land huet?
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.tv/)

iknowkungfu
11-20-2009, 12:12 PM
move alfredsson or st louis to land huet?

still looking for some insight
________
BODY SCIENCE (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Shtand
11-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Olli Jokinen is droped.
worth #5 waiver ?

Jokinen has been working really hard on the ice, he's just gripping his stick a little to tight. I think the flood gates could open for him at any time.

Which 3 of 4 would you run with tonight to put up points?

Vanek @ Ott
Marleau @ Anh
Clowe @ Anh
Versteeg @ Edm

gogoayane
11-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Choose 1:
Jokinen vs LA
Pavelski vs ANA

Choose 3:
Malone vs CAR
Vanek vs OTT
Hemsky vs CHI
Ju Williams vs CGY
Prospal vs FLA

Cornholio
11-21-2009, 03:51 PM
@ Shtand:
All but Vanek

Choose 1:
Jokinen vs LA
Pavelski vs ANA

Choose 3:
Malone vs CAR
Vanek vs OTT
Hemsky vs CHI
Ju Williams vs CGY
Prospal vs FLA
1 - Pavelski
2 - Prospal, Hemsky and a coinflip ;)

gogoayane
11-21-2009, 03:54 PM
@ Shtand:
All but Vanek

1 - Pavelski
2 - Prospal, Hemsky and a coinflip ;)

hmmm i need shots and goals... i was thinking Vanek for the "coinflip" but he's been really cold lately... Malone or Williams?

bearcats
11-21-2009, 03:58 PM
pavalski

prospal, hemsky, vanek

Cornholio
11-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Malone or Williams?
Williams

iknowkungfu
11-21-2009, 08:13 PM
anyone noticed an issue with martin st louis's live stats not updating until the day after? he's scored again today but his stats are blank for the night
________
Shaved Pussy Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/shaved/)

Lemelin is Pulgasari
11-21-2009, 09:09 PM
anyone noticed an issue with martin st louis's live stats not updating until the day after? he's scored again today but his stats are blank for the night
I hadn't noticed it prior to tonight, but I did notice it tonight. I thought he may be injured until I checked the box score and realized he had a goal to his credit. Kind of bizarre if this has happened more than once, just to him.

Vincent
11-22-2009, 12:03 AM
For Sens fans, or anyone really..
What is up with Spezza? Is it just the puck not finding the net, or is there something more serious going on?

cardboardbox
11-22-2009, 12:28 AM
In Phoenix's 3-1 win over the flyers, does anyone know exactly why Shane Doan was awarded an empty net goal towards the end? As far as I can tell, the puck never even went into the blue paint, let alone cross the goal line... and looking at the replay on NHL.com, I don't see any reason why he got a goal... I don't think they would take the goal away from him so long after the game ends, but any explanation would help me understand this.

DarkValiant
11-22-2009, 12:38 AM
In Phoenix's 3-1 win over the flyers, does anyone know exactly why Shane Doan was awarded an empty net goal towards the end? As far as I can tell, the puck never even went into the blue paint, let alone cross the goal line... and looking at the replay on NHL.com, I don't see any reason why he got a goal... I don't think they would take the goal away from him so long after the game ends, but any explanation would help me understand this.

Was he hooked or anything on his way to scoring the goal? If so, chances are it was just automatically awarded.

cardboardbox
11-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Was he hooked or anything on his way to scoring the goal? If so, chances are it was just automatically awarded.

Yeah, right after I posted it occurred to me to check the NHL rules, and you are correct. (He was hooked, I think)

Bob Clarke WAS My Hero
11-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Can I make a trade with Gonchar sitting in my IR spot while healthy?

gogoayane
11-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Can I make a trade with Gonchar sitting in my IR spot while healthy?

Can you even make a proposal if you have a healthy player in IR? If yes then I think you can do a trade

gogoayane
11-22-2009, 09:42 AM
For Sens fans, or anyone really..
What is up with Spezza? Is it just the puck not finding the net, or is there something more serious going on?

According to Don Cherry - Spezza needs to shoot more... all he does is look for a player to pass to when he can simply fire it..

Top_scorah
11-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey guys wtf is going on with Yahoo max games? Its all in the minus by like 10 games...been like that for a while now

lektrix
11-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Would you do this trade?

Cammaleri, I. White for Morrow, Lidstrom

(I'm dropping McLeod soon to activate Jovo so I need PIM replacements)

DarkValiant
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Would you do this trade?

Cammaleri, I. White for Morrow, Lidstrom

(I'm dropping McLeod soon to activate Jovo so I need PIM replacements)

Absolutely without hesitation if he's willing to do that. Morrow should pick it up and Lidstrom is infinitely better than White.

lektrix
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Absolutely without hesitation if he's willing to do that. Morrow should pick it up and Lidstrom is infinitely better than White.

I offered a variant to him as well.

Camm, Liles for Morrow, Lidstrom

Camm, White for Morrow, Lidstrom

He's also considering JVR, Liles for Lidstrom which would save me a drop and allow me to keep McLeod for PIM :D.

lektrix
11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
He's playing the "give me some time to think about this, let me explore other options" waiting game and I'm an impatient bastard.

He likes the JVR, Liles for Lidstrom deal most (so do I) but I have a bad, bad feeling that Lidstrom will heat up sooner rather than later.

Should I just offer Cammaleri, JVR, Liles for Morrow, Lidstrom (surely he won't think twice about it?) rather than play the waiting game? JVR was a FA pickup and Liles was a throw in in another deal so really, I'm only giving up Camm...

DarkValiant
11-22-2009, 03:51 PM
He's playing the "give me some time to think about this, let me explore other options" waiting game and I'm an impatient bastard.

He likes the JVR, Liles for Lidstrom deal most (so do I) but I have a bad, bad feeling that Lidstrom will heat up sooner rather than later.

Should I just offer Cammaleri, JVR, Liles for Morrow, Lidstrom (surely he won't think twice about it?) rather than play the waiting game? JVR was a FA pickup and Liles was a throw in in another deal so really, I'm only giving up Camm...

I'd probably do that offer myself, but I have a huge man-crush on Lidstrom anyway. I think Cammalleri + JvR for Morrow isn't too bad of a loss if a loss at all but Liles to Lidstrom is an amazing upgrade.

lektrix
11-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I'd probably do that offer myself, but I have a huge man-crush on Lidstrom anyway. I think Cammalleri + JvR for Morrow isn't too bad of a loss if a loss at all but Liles to Lidstrom is an amazing upgrade.

If Lidstrom was a lock to hit 55-60, I'd do it as well I think...

lektrix
11-22-2009, 04:36 PM

I'm gonna offer him Whitney, JVR, Liles and see what he thinks.

gogoayane
11-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Should I use my #3 waiver on Ray Whitney? Will be dropping Sturm or Vrbata.. thanks

chadw01
11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Depends on how many teams.. if it's true E. Staal is returning on Friday, Whitney's value will go up. Sturm is now playing with Savard and Lucic, so you might want to consider that before dropping him too.

jeffoule
11-25-2009, 05:36 AM
Is David Perron worth a spot on my keeper team? Over who? (see sig)

chicagohockey
11-25-2009, 08:50 AM
I might keep him over Matt Cooke.

Who should I bench tonight?
Bobby Ryan vs Car
B. Richards vs StL
Loui Eriksson vs StL
M. Richards @ Isle
Lucic @ Min
Savard @ Min
Koivu vs Bos
Statsny vs Nsh
Afinogenov @ Det
Morrison vs Buf
Tanguay vs Tor

Right now I have Morrison Tanguay and Lucic benched.

jeffoule
11-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Theodore has just been dropped. Should I grab him since i own Varlamov or should I just let his fat ass rot on the WW?

My league doesnt count WIN, only GAA and SV%

Kaboominator
11-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Should i accept Patrick Sharp for Nittymaki? My other goalies are S.Mason, Lundy and LecLaire. My goalie stats are what is keeping me from going any higher than 4th.

jeffoule
11-26-2009, 05:04 AM
Kaboominator, respond to the question before in order to post a new question. That's how it works man.

Should i accept Patrick Sharp for Nittymaki? My other goalies are S.Mason, Lundy and LecLaire. My goalie stats are what is keeping me from going any higher than 4th.I really think that your goalie is fine. I wouldnt trade Sharp for Nitty. What you can do is to sell (either Mason or Leclaire)+Sharp for an upgrade in net.

So here is my question again :

Theodore has just been dropped. Should I grab him since i own Varlamov?

chgorman
11-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Theodore has just been dropped. Should I grab him since i own Varlamov?

No. Theodore is terrible. You don't need him anyway.

Who do I start Fri and Sat night?

Fri:
Zetterberg vs. CGY
or
Toews @ ANA

Sat:
Zetterberg @ STL
or
Toews @ LA

I'll be starting B.Richards in my other C spot both nights, if that makes any diff.

chicagohockey
11-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Kaboominator, respond to the question before in order to post a new question. That's how it works man.

I don't really think there is a rule to answering a previous question before posting yours. Personally if someone has a question and doesn't know the answer to mine I would rather they just post their question than feeding me some BS just so they can ask there question.

chicagohockey
11-26-2009, 09:46 PM
No. Theodore is terrible. You don't need him anyway.

Fri:
Zetterberg vs. CGY
or
Toews @ ANA

Sat:
Zetterberg @ STL
or
Toews @ LA

I'll be starting B.Richards in my other C spot both nights, if that makes any diff.

Based on how the Hawks played vs San Jose I go with Toews. Thattop line looked dominant.

chgorman
11-27-2009, 07:07 AM

Fri:
Zetterberg vs. CGY
or
Toews @ ANA

Sat:
Zetterberg @ STL
or
Toews @ LA

Based on how the Hawks played vs San Jose I go with Toews. Thattop line looked dominant.

Thx for the input chihky. Anybody else care to comment?

Kaboominator
11-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Ok. i got it, new to the Quick question thread..Give an answer to get an answer, fair enough.

ch, you got a tough decision there. Too bad the days weren't switched. With Hossa back, Toews becomes that more dangerous. Detroit doesn't seem to have much going for them. Although if they do Zetterberg is almost always involved whereas Chicago is super deep. Personally i would go with Zetterberg on Friday and Toews on Saturday.

chgorman
11-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Ok. i got it, new to the Quick question thread..Give an answer to get an answer, fair enough.

ch, you got a tough decision there. Too bad the days weren't switched. With Hossa back, Toews becomes that more dangerous. Detroit doesn't seem to have much going for them. Although if they do Zetterberg is almost always involved whereas Chicago is super deep. Personally i would go with Zetterberg on Friday and Toews on Saturday.

Thx Kaboom. I'm leaning towards Toews both nights just because DET/Zetts have been terrible offensively the past few gms, Toews has been lighting it up, Kip has a great road record, I like both CHI's matchups better, and getting Hossa back is a huge boost to CHI's offence. Just wanted to see what others had to say before I go ahead and start Toews, in case somebody mentioned something I hadn't thought of, but I really appreciate the input, so thx!

Vincent
11-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Yup, you can't go wrong with Toews right now.

Should I grab Elliott off waivers with my 2nd place pick?
I don't feel too confident in my goalies especially after Nabokov buckled under the weight of that Chicago powerhouse. Might dump Okposo or Flash.
Team is in sig.

Thanks!

chicagohockey
11-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Yup, you can't go wrong with Toews right now.

Should I grab Elliott off waivers with my 2nd place pick?
I don't feel too confident in my goalies especially after Nabokov buckled under the weight of that Chicago powerhouse. Might dump Okposo or Flash.
Team is in sig.

Thanks!

I think yoru ok on goalies. Can't blame Nabokov because three of those goals were breakaways. If you were going to I would think about dumping Havlat. He's injured again I think and is not doing much anyway.

Vincent
11-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll be patient with my #2.

How about DiPietro though? Drop Havlat for him?
Or are Nabby, Quick and Howard still solid enough..

lektrix
11-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Perry, Morrow, Lidstrom or Doan, Cammaleri, Phaneuf?

chadw01
11-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Perry, Morrow, Lidstrom

lektrix
11-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Play or bench Doan @ ANA tonight? Doan has 154 career PIMs vs ANA in 72 games.

I see ANA winning the game by 2 goals though.

mike550
11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Exactly how long should I wait before dropping Lidstrom? I was tempted to do it now but was talked out of it and advised to hold on to him. Give him till middle of Dec? Christmas?

lektrix
11-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Rob Blake or Kuba?

Doctego
11-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Gotta drop someone to make room for E. Staal. Standard 6X4 H2H league. Who to drop??

M. Ribeiro
R. Peverley
M. Afinogenov
A. Kovalev

I obviously have more players on my team but it has to be a RW or a C and these are the most expendable.

Hawkeye
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Gotta drop someone to make room for E. Staal. Standard 6X4 H2H league. Who to drop??

M. Ribeiro
R. Peverley
M. Afinogenov
A. Kovalev

I obviously have more players on my team but it has to be a RW or a C and these are the most expendable.

Peverley for me... I'm just not a believer

Doctego
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Peverley for me... I'm just not a believer

What about Kovalev?? He's got the name but hasn't done shit in Ottawa.

iknowkungfu
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM
would 2 of the following players be worth moving weber/conklin for?

boyes
pominville
justin williams
mcdonald
________
MEXICO HOTELS (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

Hawkeye
11-29-2009, 10:39 PM

Yeah I know, but I still have more faith in him than Peverley.... he doesn't have heart but he's had decent numbers before.

iknowkungfu
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM
would 2 of the following players be worth moving weber/conklin for?

boyes
pominville
justin williams
mcdonald

edited question
________
Masturbation Video (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/27/masturbation/videos/1)

mike550
11-30-2009, 05:25 PM

Yeah, I just dropped him last week for Brown and am very happy with that move. It sucked because he was my only Sens player and I'm a huge Sens fan but the move had to be made. So annoying when players are kept based on name only, he should not be 75% owned still. Kyle freaking Brodziak has as many points as him.

paulie
11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Frolov was just in Team A's league. I have the 4th waiver pick. Worth using on Frolov? I'd probably drop McLeod, as he was just a temporary pickup while LeClaire's on IR.

Gern Blansten
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I might burn a 4th to get Fro. The question there is what will happen to his ice time when Smyth comes back? You know he'll play with Kopitar/Williams.

I gotta get Hossa off IR. Check out my team in the sig and tell me who goes.

fajita123
11-30-2009, 11:20 PM
That's a tough call, but I would probably go with JVR...

For the team in my sig:
I have Getzlaf, what is his line for the next few seasons?

How actively should I pursue a LW to replace Vanek as my keeper, or should I wait for him to mature some more?

Should I stick with Phaneuf, or try to get a younger guy like Weber

Sorry for all the questions, thanks guys.

killer93
12-01-2009, 05:46 AM
what's Ryder's place on the Bruins right now? with Savard back, with this re-ignite him? is he top line top pp like when he was previously doing well. any thoughts on him would be appreciated, considering him for a buy low...

paulie
12-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I should have dropped Brassard a long time ago, but who do you like over him, Langkow or Legwand? This is for Team B.

chadw01
12-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Over Legwand, yes.. Langkow no.

paulie
12-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Over Legwand, yes.. Langkow no.

Sorry, not sure who you're leaning towards. I should have worded the question a bit better. I'm dropping Brassard for either Legwand or Langkow. Which player is the better pickup?

zhmen
12-02-2009, 10:59 PM
We have couple hot FA I'm looking at in my league : Weiss and Duchene.
What you guys think are they any upgrade to my squad ? if so who's gotta go ?
any input is helpful!

pzabbar
12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm planing to try a trade Smith/xxx for Rinne (to Niittymäki owner), who would be the xxx to make the trade possible? A winger I prefer.

zhmen
12-03-2009, 06:58 PM
We have couple hot FA I'm looking at in my league : Weiss and Duchene.
What you guys think are they any upgrade to my squad ? if so who's gotta go ?
any input is helpful!
anyone ? any thoughts ? anything ? :)
thankx!

chadw01
12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
anyone ? any thoughts ? anything ? :)
thankx!

Looks like you picked up Weiss already, I would have too if the other option was Duchene, although that kid is amazing.

Who wins this trade?

Malkin/Backstrom (MIN) or Luongo/Richards (PHI)?

lektrix
12-14-2009, 02:33 PM
delete

OT1
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Looks like you picked up Weiss already, I would have too if the other option was Duchene, although that kid is amazing.

Who wins this trade?

Malkin/Backstrom (MIN) or Luongo/Richards (PHI)?

backstrom seems like he's turning it around and malkin is just a stud. i'd take that duo although it's close. i wouldn't do the trade (accepting malkin/backstrom) if it would leave backstrom as my top goalie though.

and should i drop barker for del zotto?

lektrix
12-14-2009, 10:35 PM
backstrom seems like he's turning it around and malkin is just a stud. i'd take that duo although it's close. i wouldn't do the trade (accepting malkin/backstrom) if it would leave backstrom as my top goalie though.

and should i drop barker for del zotto?

Drop Barker! Simply not enough TOI on CHI.

Vinny/Camm for Thornton/Kariya or Lupul or Nabokov/Kariya or Lupul?

iknowkungfu
12-15-2009, 06:58 PM
is mike smith safe to drop in a 14 team full roster league?

i'm starting to get sick of his schtick
________
WELLBUTRIN PROBLEMS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

iknowkungfu
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
huet vs stl
ward vs dal
conklin vs chi

if conklin goes, take the guaranteed win, or go for two?
________
HARMED BY NEXIUM (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

Cornholio
12-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I've been offered my Justin Williams for his Bertuzzi.
It's a keeper, so I should hold on to Williams, right?

bearcats
12-19-2009, 12:06 PM
briere vs NYR
or
doan @ anahiem

for today..

cornholio=williams

Dubz
12-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Briere

lektrix
12-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Datsyuk vs Antropov + C. Mason?

bearcats
12-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Datsyuk vs Antropov + C. Mason?

datsyuk

lektrix
12-19-2009, 02:25 PM
datsyuk

Antropov + Mason vs Niedermayer + Mason?

OT1
12-19-2009, 05:20 PM
assuming it's the team in your sig, i would keep niedermayer if you're receiving datsyuk.

and should i drop JVR/briere/setoguchi for rene bourque?

iknowkungfu
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
what should i do with shea weber? he's been pretty mediocre from what i've seen, need some goal production, was looking to pair him with JVR for fleischmann and michalek

zhmen
12-24-2009, 07:03 PM
is R. Smyth worth #5 waiver?

mike550
12-24-2009, 11:00 PM

Yeah man he absolutely is. He'll pick up where he left off and I think Smyth/Kopitar/Brown will click once again.

If you had to drop either Lidstrom or Phaneuf, who would it be and why?

For obvious reasons I just cannot go forward with both these slouches on my team. Which has the better chance of turning things around?

Cornholio
12-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I give: Ryane Clowe
I get: Todd Bertuzzi

Who wins?

chadw01
12-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Yeah man he absolutely is. He'll pick up where he left off and I think Smyth/Kopitar/Brown will click once again.

If you had to drop either Lidstrom or Phaneuf, who would it be and why?

For obvious reasons I just cannot go forward with both these slouches on my team. Which has the better chance of turning things around?

Lidstrom - JBo has taken the #1 D spot in Calgary. Like everyone says, just wait for the healthy bodies to return, and the Wings will pick up the O.

chadw01
12-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I give: Ryane Clowe
I get: Todd Bertuzzi

Who wins?

Bert short-term, but I like Clowe for the rest of the season.

chadw01
12-27-2009, 12:32 PM

Yep, Smyth is definitely worth it - even with Jus Will out, they won't miss a step with Brown there - I personally think Brown is a better player anyways, but they like to move him around a lot in LA.

zhmen
12-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Yep, Smyth is definitely worth it - even with Jus Will out, they won't miss a step with Brown there - I personally think Brown is a better player anyways, but they like to move him around a lot in LA.
#4 beat me to it :(

Cornholio
12-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Bert short-term, but I like Clowe for the rest of the season.
That's what I thought...
Any other opinions?
Hard to be objective if it's about "your" team...

zhmen
12-27-2009, 12:40 PM
EJ or McCabe for rest of the season?

Gern Blansten
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Depends on how EJ responds to getting benched. I'd give it a game or two after the benching to see how the youngster reacts. Otherwise, McCabe is a solid option especially since FLA is playing much better as of late.

Who should I scoop up and stash on IR as Varlamov is coming back soon: Franzen or Emery?

Other than when we have a goalie on IR, we can only roster 2 at any given time. Is Emery a better option than Varly? Will Franzen be back in time to help during the Fantasy season/playoffs?

gogoayane
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Emery - he should be back before Franzen... then you drop Niemi, activate Emery, and pick up Franzen

birdbrains
12-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Rank theese 4
stajan
connoly
vrabate
hagman

chadw01
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Connolly
Stajan
Vrbata
Hagman

..I like Hags over Vrbata, but he's too damn streaky, so no homerism here.

Rune Forumwalker
12-31-2009, 10:16 AM
Morrow vs Ana
or
Havlat vs LA

and

Pick 2
Mikko Koivu vs LA
Paul Statsny @Det
Mike Ribeiro vs Ana
Olli Jokinen vs Edm

iknowkungfu
12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
time to drop JVR or Jamie Benn?

foligno
macarthur
nolan
bernier

any of these guys worth the transaction? only have 20 of 50 transactions left

dripsey3
01-04-2010, 05:24 AM
Jason Pominville is a FA in my H2H league. My RW are Bertuzzi, Stewart & Iginla. Am I insane not to have Pominville on my roster?. Who goes if you say I am insane.

jeffoule
01-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Does Ryan Suter worth a #5 waiver ?

9 team. see my team in sig.

sweethannah
01-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Staal for Semin straight up?

Team 1 in sig. Doing very well (2nd) but I'm very weak at Center especially with Ribiero's injury. I made mention I was looking and got offered this deal. I think it isn't bad but do you think I could gun for Backstrom?

jeffoule
01-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Team 1 in sig. Doing very well (2nd) but I'm very weak at Center especially with Ribiero's injury. I made mention I was looking and got offered this deal. I think it isn't bad but do you think I could gun for Backstrom?

Please answer last question before asking a new one.

chadw01
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Jason Pominville is a FA in my H2H league. My RW are Bertuzzi, Stewart & Iginla. Am I insane not to have Pominville on my roster?. Who goes if you say I am insane.

Yes, dump Bert for Pom

chadw01
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Does Ryan Suter worth a #5 waiver ?

9 team. see my team in sig.

Suter is not worth a #5 in a 9-team league where there will likely be a plethora of options to choose from.

chadw01
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Ask for Backstrom.. Staal is a big second-half performer.

sweethannah
01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Please answer last question before asking a new one.

But what if I don't feel qualified to answer the previous question? I did a quick lookover and didn't notice that as a trend so my apologies if it was a requirement. I wouldn't have bothered had that been the case. It's not the 'him or him' thread where I though that was the requirement. No point in posting a 'quick question' here then if you have to answer something just to get a lone answer back from somebody who might just be giving a throw away answer in order to post their own question.

I also can't help but notice that you yourself did not answer the question immediately preceding yours.

Thank you Chadw01 for your answer. Just to be clear I would be receiving Staal ( who you mention as a great second 1/2 performer ) but still go for Backstrom?

chadw01
01-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Thank you Chadw01 for your answer. Just to be clear I would be receiving Staal ( who you mention as a great second 1/2 performer ) but still go for Backstrom?

Yeah, as much as I like Staal, you can't pass up an opportunity to get Backstrom who plays with that #8 guy in WAS.

sweethannah
01-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah, as much as I like Staal, you can't pass up an opportunity to get Backstrom who plays with that #8 guy in WAS.

I countered with that but I no longer see the offer OR a counter so I guess not :p

chadw01
01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Just had this offered to me:

My Prospal, Heatley, Backstrom (G) for Brodeur, Arnott, Horton

H2H 18-team standard cats (8/5 split).

Yay/nay?

iknowkungfu
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
what's your position in standings? what are your strong and weak stats?

who should i pick up? Hanzal, Handzus or Schremp? Dropping Modano tonight

chadw01
01-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Schremp - look at Bailey too.

jeffoule
01-13-2010, 03:28 AM
But what if I don't feel qualified to answer the previous question? I did a quick lookover and didn't notice that as a trend so my apologies if it was a requirement. I wouldn't have bothered had that been the case. It's not the 'him or him' thread where I though that was the requirement. No point in posting a 'quick question' here then if you have to answer something just to get a lone answer back from somebody who might just be giving a throw away answer in order to post their own question.

I also can't help but notice that you yourself did not answer the question immediately preceding yours.

hey no problem dude. But if you cant answer just say so.

The question before mine was 8 days old so thats why i didnt answer.

dripsey3
01-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Devils beat Rangers 1-0 in a shootout. Shutouts for both goalies right?.

Stat Tracker isn't giving the SO to Lundy. Maybe the daily update will.