PDA

View Full Version : Trade chat

two24four
07-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Thought with the deadline being this week I would start this thread.

Looks like the LAD and CLE are talking about making a big move.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9854894/Sources:-Dodgers-in-talks-to-get-Indians'-Lee

Wow Lee & also Martinez maybe heading to the Dodgers, that would be huge.

dw13
07-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Hoping we do not do this move, I've been in contact since this morning when I first heard about this, and it seems to be getting serious and they are still in legit talks about Halladay.

I rather stay put, but it'll be interesting I guess. I'll update what I can when I get it.

Doctego
07-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Odd that the article doesn't mention Billingsley by name until the last sentence.

dw13
07-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Odd that the article doesn't mention Billingsley by name until the last sentence.

It was updated from earlier, the bottom of it is poorly written.

b_illin
07-26-2009, 05:59 PM
If I were the LAD, I wouldn't do that deal. I think Bills is as good as Lee + he's just getting (edit) better and VMart is on the downside of his career.

dw13
07-26-2009, 06:01 PM
If I were the LAD, I wouldn't do that deal. I think Bills is as good as Lee + he's just getting and VMart is on the downside of his career.

Bills isn't going, I can promise you that.

b_illin
07-26-2009, 09:09 PM

I figured as much...they'd be stupid to deal him at this point unless the return was THAT good for a WS run.

dw13
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
i figured as much...they'd be stupid to deal him at this point unless the return was that good for a ws run.

:d

b_illin
07-26-2009, 10:35 PM
meant to say; i figured as much...they'd be stupid to deal him at this point unless the return was that good (for a serious ws run).

dw13
07-26-2009, 11:23 PM
meant to say; i figured as much...they'd be stupid to deal him at this point unless the return was that good (for a serious ws run).

I knew what you meant bud. I'm nervous about the trade deadline, don't want to see anyone go! Just some 'pen help!

toronto1979
07-27-2009, 09:23 AM
I'd also be very surprised if they traded Kershaw (even for Halladay).
Kershaw has been equally as effective as Bills.

Billingsley (25)
3.72 ERA, 9.47 K/9, 1.29 WHIP

Kershaw (21)
2.96 ERA, 9.73 K/9, 1.26 WHIP

Halladay (32)
2.62 ERA, 8.72 K/9, 1.05 WHIP

dw13
07-27-2009, 10:26 AM

Billingsley (25)

Kershaw (21)

Halladay (32)

We don't move either, (I hope) but there has been swirls about the Kershaw/Halladay deal.

I just want Bullpen help and keep everything else in place.

CayugaPosse
07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
If I were the LAD, I wouldn't do that deal. I think Bills is as good as Lee + he's just getting (edit) better and VMart is on the downside of his career.

How is V-Mart on the downside of his career? Granted he's 31, but he's experienced no dropoff outside of last year which was his injury plagued season.

2007 he hit .303 with 25 HR and 114 RBI as a catcher.

2009 he's on pace to hit .287 with 23 HR and 105 RBI as a catcher.

Slip him over to first base and he's got a few years left in him. And he's a terrific hitter, a better hitter than either of James Loney or Russel Martin.

dw13
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
How is V-Mart on the downside of his career? Granted he's 31, but he's experienced no dropoff outside of last year which was his injury plagued season.

Slip him over to first base and he's got a few years left in him. And he's a terrific hitter, a better hitter than either of James Loney or Russel Martin.

I rather keep Loney, Josh Bell and Pedro Baez, then package some of them for Martinez. That's just me. I wouldn't complain but I like how we are right now.

CayugaPosse
07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I rather keep Loney, Josh Bell and Pedro Baez, then package some of them for Martinez. That's just me. I wouldn't complain but I like how we are right now.

This kind of serves to put on notice a huge problem I have with the way general managers work in MLB, and same with prospects.

Accomplished Major League superstars are better than prospects. The fact that the Phillies don't want to trade Drabek and Happ is SHOCKING to me for Roy Halladay. I wouldn't want that trade done from the JAYS point of view. You have 2 prospects, and there's no chance that either of those guys will ever be anything close to what you know for a fact Halladay is right now. It's asenine you wouldn't do that trade.

Same thing here, granted you'd like to keep Loney, but Loney --> Martinez is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, and well worth 2 prospects. Maybe you don't want to because of age...and that's acceptable, that's somehting I can understand(Loney young, Martinez slightly older).

This season so far, has BAFFLED me that teams are so reluctant to trade prospects. Are they really that bad at their jobs suddenly? Prospects are just that, prospectively good players. If you can move a couple, and ensure you get one great player back...you ALWAYS do that trade.

dw13
07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
This kind of serves to put on notice a huge problem I have with the way general managers work in MLB, and same with prospects.

Accomplished Major League superstars are better than prospects. The fact that the Phillies don't want to trade Drabek and Happ is SHOCKING to me for Roy Halladay. I wouldn't want that trade done from the JAYS point of view. You have 2 prospects, and there's no chance that either of those guys will ever be anything close to what you know for a fact Halladay is right now. It's asenine you wouldn't do that trade.

Same thing here, granted you'd like to keep Loney, but Loney --> Martinez is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade, and well worth 2 prospects. Maybe you don't want to because of age...and that's acceptable, that's somehting I can understand(Loney young, Martinez slightly older).

This season so far, has BAFFLED me that teams are so reluctant to trade prospects. Are they really that bad at their jobs suddenly? Prospects are just that, prospectively good players. If you can move a couple, and ensure you get one great player back...you ALWAYS do that trade.

You have a different view of prospects, that's fine. It isn't asenine, that I wouldn't do that trade.

CayugaPosse
07-27-2009, 04:26 PM
You have a different view of prospects, that's fine. It isn't asenine, that I wouldn't do that trade.

Read my post again, I didn't say you were asenine for not doing that, I said the Phillies were asenine for not trading Happ/Drabek for Doc.

Doctego
07-27-2009, 04:32 PM

I am with you on that but I think that I have some answers. Being a Yankee fan has allowed me to look at this topic a bit. You really need to look at the economy. In 1 way or another, it is hitting every team. Even the mighty Yankees with their unlimited resources. They can spend what they want but all of those empty seats in the lower level can't make them happy. The teams are feeling it. Take someone like Toronto. Their fast start notwithstanding, management obviously felt that they couldn't realistically compete for a playoff spot this season against the Sox, Yanks, and Rays. That's just in their own division. Halladay has 1 more year left on his deal so I'm sure that they looked at next season as well. They probably had a tug-of-war of sorts. Do they go balls out next season with Halladay or do they fasttrack a rebuild right now?? By doing this now, they will get a much better return than if they waited. The fact that they didn't think that they could sign Halladay to another deal just makes this more of a priority. I know that it sucks as a fan to see your team trade away better talent but they want to build something a little new. Something that they knew that Halladay wouldn't be a part of.

two24four
07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree that the Phillies are crazy for not doing the deal the Jays want, Happ, Drabek & Brown for Halladay, who is at least a top 3 SP in the game today (if not the best) who they would have for the rest of this season, this years playoffs, plus next year for sure as well, that also gives them a year & a half to try & re-sign him as well.

Halladay would make the Phillies so much better, & odds on fav in the NL I would think.

dw13
07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I agree to a point about the Drabek/Happ/Brown deal, but I'm not as high on Drabek and Happ as the Phillies are. But I completely understand why they wouldn't do it, its their top 3 prospects. Brown is going to be a very good outfielder in the future and they obviously really like Drabek/Happ.

If it's me or you, we do the trade. But they see more of Happ and Drabek and rather keep blooming them and not pay the money for Halladay.

I would do it, but they won't and I can see why.

two24four
07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Just read that the Jays are not backing down from there offer of Drabek/Happ/Brown for Halladay, so if Philly really wants Doc that's what it's going to take from the sounds of it.

If a Halladay deal is to get done before Friday I would think it's comes before Halladay's next start, which is Wednesday in SEA, I doubt his "new" team would want him starting that game for the Jays.

Snipes16
07-27-2009, 05:20 PM

I think part of the problem in dealing for Halladay comes straight from him when he says he plans on testing the FA market at the end of 2010. Any team that trades for him most likely will have to part with 3 of their top prospects for what in reality is a rental player (albeit a very good one at that) for slightly over 1 years service because he probably isn't going to sign an extention if dealt and if he does he'll most likely be looking for Johan dollars...140+ million.

While I agree with the theory of aquiring a great player to put you over the top, you dont always make the deal. Case in point was the deal Minnesota had on the table with Boston prior to Johan being traded to the Mets during the winter of 08. It was Santana for Lester and Ellsbury. How good did the Sox do in turning that down when looking back at it today? Instead of forking over 140+ million to Santana they extended Lester for 5 years at 30 million and will probably do the same with Ellsbury at close to what Lester got if they are smart. Thats 2 young prospects that pannned out for less than half of Santana's dough.

Thats a huge key to winning longterm nowadays. Develop enough young pitching and resign them before they get too expensive ( free agency). Handing out 100 million dollar contracts to FA pitchers rarely turns out well and is very risky...Zito, J.Schmidt, Pedro with the Mets, BJ Ryan though it was only 47 million and even Santana hasn't lived up to what the Mets are currently paying him. And theres probably a good chance that the Yankees will get it stuck up their arse's with either Sabathia or Burnett flaming out somewhere along their contracts.

two24four
07-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I think part of the problem in dealing for Halladay comes straight from him when he says he plans on testing the FA market at the end of 2010. Any team that trades for him most likely will have to part with 3 of their top prospects for what in reality is a rental player (albeit a very good one at that) for slightly over 1 years service because he probably isn't going to sign an extention if dealt and if he does he'll most likely be looking for Johan dollars...140+ million.

I think what Halladay means is he's going to test FA if he's still a Jay when that times comes, I think if he's moved to a team like PHI, BOS, LAD, etc..... who will be good for a few years, then they will have a real good chance at re-signing him before he becomes a FA.

b_illin
07-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Billingsley (25)

Kershaw (21)

Halladay (32)

Game 7 of the World Series, you want Halladay.

Well, do you see him getting better? If no, then he is on the downside of his career...as in at best you can expect current production.

b_illin
07-27-2009, 06:05 PM

Seriously. At best these guys might turn into a....Roy Halladay'esque player! Chances of that are slim...and you get Roy for two postseasons. I don't get it....the best pitcher in baseball or certainly a top 3 guy and teams are balking at the asking price. Get fucked if you don't want to pay what he's 'worth' (because chances are the team getting Roy gets the better end of the deal!)

dw13
07-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Seriously. At best these guys might turn into a....Roy Halladay'esque player! Chances of that are slim...and you get Roy for two postseasons. I don't get it....the best pitcher in baseball or certainly a top 3 guy and teams are balking at the asking price. Get fucked if you don't want to pay what he's 'worth' (because chances are the team getting Roy gets the better end of the deal!)

I'm sure a Philly fan would say get lost they rather keep Happ, Drabek and Brown. You can't blame them.

I'd tell the Jays to blow me if they wanted Kershaw, Gordon and Ethan Martin, to be honest..

b_illin
07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm sure a Philly fan would say get lost they rather keep Happ, Drabek and Brown. You can't blame them.

I'd tell the Jays to blow me if they wanted Kershaw, Gordon and Ethan Martin, to be honest..

Well, we all know Philly fans are dumb fucks, so....

(with the exception of Santana, none of the guys traded in recent years bring what Halladay does...oh, and he's under contract WAY below mkt value for another season and 2 postseasons. Philly fans can balk....and watch a team like the Dodgers get Roy & win the World Series!)

dw13
07-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, we all know Philly fans are dumb fucks, so....

(with the exception of Santana, none of the guys traded in recent years bring what Halladay does...oh, and he's under contract WAY below mkt value for another season and 2 postseasons. Philly fans can balk....and watch a team like the Dodgers get Roy & win the World Series!)

It's their top 3 prospects for a player that possibly they would lost in a year+. I can completely understand where they and YOU guys are coming from too.

I would never bitch about getting a player of Roy's caliber but if we didn't, I'm fine with it. Starting pitching is a need for the Dodgers, as is bullpen help.

It'll be interesting, but you guys calling out Philly like they. They don't want to gut their farm system, it's understandable.

toronto1979
07-27-2009, 07:49 PM
It's their top 3 prospects for a player that possibly they would lost in a year+.
If Roy were to get traded to the Phillies or the Dodgers, I would almost guaruntee that he extends his contract with one of them.

He's a loyal player and wants to play for a winner. LA and Philly are winners. Why would he test the FA market to take more money to go back to a team like the Jays?

dw13
07-27-2009, 08:09 PM
If Roy were to get traded to the Phillies or the Dodgers, I would almost guaruntee that he extends his contract with one of them.

He's a loyal player and wants to play for a winner. LA and Philly are winners. Why would he test the FA market to take more money to go back to a team like the Jays?

He would go to a winner either way in the FA market, there is no bets he stays with the Dodgers.

Either way, it'll be interesting.

CayugaPosse
07-27-2009, 09:04 PM
It's their top 3 prospects for a player that possibly they would lost in a year+. I can completely understand where they and YOU guys are coming from too.

I would never bitch about getting a player of Roy's caliber but if we didn't, I'm fine with it. Starting pitching is a need for the Dodgers, as is bullpen help.

It'll be interesting, but you guys calling out Philly like they. They don't want to gut their farm system, it's understandable.

Then don't talk to us. If you're not ready to gut your farm system, you can't trade for the best starting pitcher in major league baseball this decade. It's that simple.

dw13
07-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Then don't talk to us. If you're not ready to gut your farm system, you can't trade for the best starting pitcher in major league baseball this decade. It's that simple.

First of all, you have no clue if the Dodgers are talking to them or not. Second, that's fine if we can't get him off you! We are in contention regardless! I'm hoping we acquire someone like Washburn and then some 'Pen help. We are not in dire need of Halladay, no need to perhaps cripple the future of the club!

two24four
07-27-2009, 09:39 PM

Agreed, this is what I think he does as well.

two24four
07-28-2009, 12:20 AM
SF & CLE made a trade, SF gets 1B Ryan Garko for minor league pitcher Scott Barnes.

Nice pickup for SF IMO.

CayugaPosse
07-28-2009, 01:15 AM
First of all, you have no clue if the Dodgers are talking to them or not. Second, that's fine if we can't get him off you! We are in contention regardless! I'm hoping we acquire someone like Washburn and then some 'Pen help. We are not in dire need of Halladay, no need to perhaps cripple the future of the club!

Once again I guess I need to apologize, you were speaking on behalf of Phillies fans, I was speaking "to" Phillies fans.

Although the same applies to the Dodgers, they can't have him without Kershaw, they should know they can't, and they shouldn't be talking unless they're coming with him. If they don't want to do that trade, I can see that.

The Phillies not being willing to move Drabek is WAY different, Phillies need him way more, the window is closing for that team to make another run, and everyone the Jays want from them has not established themselves at all in the majors yet(JA Happ sorta, but he's not as good as his numbers look right now).

If the Phillies aren't willing to do it for Happ, Drabek and Brown, they can fuck off, and go get Jarrod Washburn or Erik Bedard. They're just as good...:rolleyes:

Yes, I can blame Phillies fans if there are Phillies fans that don't want those 3 moved. Jimmy Rollins is 32, and both he and Howard are free agents in 2011. The window is closing...Halladay gives them 2 more years to make runs at a world series.

They should want that deal done yesterday.

b_illin
07-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Doc leads to more trade talk

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AvubM758HqqYQyMvriZw6ewRvLYF?slug=jp-tendegrees072709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

two24four
07-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Alot of teams are also after some other Jays players from what I have heard/read, alot of teams seem to be after Rolen & Scutaro, Cincy wants Rolen pretty bad, I have also seen Overbay, & Downs names come up.

toronto1979
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Alot of teams are also after some other Jays players from what I have heard/read, alot of teams seem to be after Rolen & Scutaro, Cincy wants Rolen pretty bad, I have also seen Overbay, & Downs names come up.

From Rotoworld:

Gordon Edes of Yahoo.com cites a source with knowledge of the negotiations that the Red Sox offered Clay Buchholz, Michael Bowden and top outfield prospect Ryan Westmoreland in exchange for Roy Halladay.

The package is comparable, if not better, than what the Phillies have offered at this point, but it is believed that the Red Sox might have to pay more in order to complete the trade within the division. According to Edes, the Blue Jays are also shopping Marco Scutaro, so the Red Sox may be trying to get a third team involved.

two24four
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah the Jays have made it well knowen that if Halladay goes to an AL East team it will have to be for ALOT more then what they would be getting back from say teams like Philly, LAD, LAAAAA etc......I know they have told the Yanks it would prob take a trade with both Joba & Hughes for sure, + more to get a deal done with them.

keys2aFranchise
07-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I sort of agree with the logic about it costing an AL East team more to obtain Roy, but if that is what the Red Sox offered (and FWIW the Sox are denying the offer) then the Jays should be all over it.

It's nice to think we can keep Roy out of AL East but if he hits Free Agency there is a very good chance he will end up back in AL East.

two24four
07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah, the Jays should be jumping all over that Red Sox offer, I agree.

Maybe if this Red Sox deal is true, then maybe that will get Philly thinking about maybe giving into what the Jays want, Happ/Drabek/Brown before they watch the Jays trade him to the Red Sox or another team with an offer the Jays want.

keys2aFranchise
07-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Apparently Bo Sox are close to obtaining Cliff Lee

two24four
07-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Apparently Bo Sox are close to obtaining Cliff Lee

I have read Philly is now looking into getting Lee as well, sounds like they are talking anyways.

toronto1979
07-28-2009, 09:33 PM
(and FWIW the Sox are denying the offer)
GMs will always deny leaks about offers. If the trade doesn't go through they don't want they players to know that they were offered up - just leads to bad morale in the dressing room. Think how that might effect Buchnolz's performance knowing he could be on a plane any day now.

So just like the Sox denied that offer, the Dodgers denied that rumour, and the Phils denied the other rumour, I don't believe the proposal wasn't put forth. Just that the GM doesn't want it to be public knowledge.

Standard procedure.

keys2aFranchise
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
GMs will always deny leaks about offers. If the trade doesn't go through they don't want they players to know that they were offered up - just leads to bad morale in the dressing room. Think how that might effect Buchnolz's performance knowing he could be on a plane any day now.

So just like the Sox denied that offer, the Dodgers denied that rumour, and the Phils denied the other rumour, I don't believe the proposal wasn't put forth. Just that the GM doesn't want it to be public knowledge.

Standard procedure.

kinda what i meant by FWIW ;)

dw13
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
This time of year sucks, especially when your in a position like the Dodgers.

b_illin
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope Lee gets moved ASAP as that should likely increase the price of Halladay as teams competing try to get the leg up after being dealt the blow by ?Philly?LA?Yankees?BoSox?etc.?

Snipes16
07-29-2009, 05:11 AM
Lots of buzz here in Boston speculating that if the Sox miss the boat on Halladay they could be making a play for Adrian Gonzalez.

dw13
07-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Lots of buzz here in Boston speculating that if the Sox miss the boat on Halladay they could be making a play for Adrian Gonzalez.

You need Gonz much more than Doc.

toronto1979
07-29-2009, 08:40 AM
kinda what i meant by FWIW ;)
touché

My mini-rant there wasn't directed toward you, but people in general who say "so-and-so has denied that rumour".

two24four
07-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I hope Lee gets moved ASAP as that should likely increase the price of Halladay as teams competing try to get the leg up after being dealt the blow by ?Philly?LA?Yankees?BoSox?etc.?

Sounds like that might just happen, Philly & CLE sound like they are getting close to a Lee deal, but I also read the LAD are trying to get him as well.

two24four
07-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Looks like Lee is going to Philly along with Ben Francisco for Jason Knapp, Carlos Carrasco, Lou Marson & Jason Donald.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866900/Sources:-Phils-reach-agreement-for-Indians'-Lee

Doctego
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Once again I guess I need to apologize, you were speaking on behalf of Phillies fans, I was speaking "to" Phillies fans.

Although the same applies to the Dodgers, they can't have him without Kershaw, they should know they can't, and they shouldn't be talking unless they're coming with him. If they don't want to do that trade, I can see that.

The Phillies not being willing to move Drabek is WAY different, Phillies need him way more, the window is closing for that team to make another run, and everyone the Jays want from them has not established themselves at all in the majors yet(JA Happ sorta, but he's not as good as his numbers look right now).

If the Phillies aren't willing to do it for Happ, Drabek and Brown, they can fuck off, and go get Jarrod Washburn or Erik Bedard. They're just as good...:rolleyes:

Yes, I can blame Phillies fans if there are Phillies fans that don't want those 3 moved. Jimmy Rollins is 32, and both he and Howard are free agents in 2011. The window is closing...Halladay gives them 2 more years to make runs at a world series.

They should want that deal done yesterday.

I am completely with you here from a talent perspective but for you to completely ignore the other factors isn't right. It's really easy for us to tell an organization what to do when it's not our team or our money. I'm sure that they would absolutely love to add a talent like Halladay to their team. I agree that the love affair that these teams have with their prospects is retarded but adding that much payroll in this economy isn't easy. We can dissect their team all we want but they really didn't need to make a deal here. As constructed, they are either the favorite to win the NL or a close 2nd behind LA.

All this doesn't matter because they traded for Lee.

toronto1979
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Looks like Lee is going to Philly along with Ben Francisco for Jason Knapp, Carlos Carrasco, Lou Marson & Jason Donald.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866900/Sources:-Phils-reach-agreement-for-Indians'-Lee
Wow, neither Happ nor Drabek is involved?

looch17
07-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Lots of buzz here in Boston speculating that if the Sox miss the boat on Halladay they could be making a play for Adrian Gonzalez.Wouldnt you like that.:D

two24four
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow, neither Happ nor Drabek is involved?

Nope, I read that one MLB scout said he does not think CLE got enough, he only likes Knapp in the deal for CLE.

b_illin
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Well, this should clear the door for Roy...or it won't..but with Philly already (arguably) the best team in the NL, you would think LAD, etc. will now try to get a leg up by acquiring a WAY better SP than Lee. Clayton Kershaw, come one down! (I know, I know...let me pretend for now!)

two24four
07-29-2009, 06:14 PM
With Philly now out of the Halladay trade talks, this really could be 50/50 if he's traded at all by Friday now, T-Bay Bay has pretty much said they are out as well, which leaves the LAD, are they really ok with giving up what the Jays want? Kershaw +++?, LAAAAA, Jays have already told them who they want, but LA is saying it's to much, or TEX, do they have enough? & then you have BOS who have already made a really good offer, is JP wanting more because they are an AL East team? then you have the Yanks, the Jays have said they want both Joba & Hughes, which I doubt the Yanks would want to do, who know's I guess.

By they way, what time is the deadline Friday?

toronto1979
07-30-2009, 12:08 AM
If that's all the Tribe got for Lee, the Jays should take Boston's offer.

If anything I would say that the Lee trade brought the bar down, it didn't give any other teams more motivation to pay extra. I was hoping Lee would go to a team other than the Phillies.

*sigh*

two24four
07-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I just read that the LAD might be feeling some pressure now to trade for Halladay after Philly has traded for Lee, but prob no Kershaw coming back this way.

King_Killah
07-30-2009, 10:51 AM
With Philly now out of the Halladay trade talks, this really could be 50/50 if he's traded at all by Friday now, T-Bay Bay has pretty much said they are out as well, which leaves the LAD, are they really ok with giving up what the Jays want? Kershaw +++?, LAAAAA, Jays have already told them who they want, but LA is saying it's to much, or TEX, do they have enough? & then you have BOS who have already made a really good offer, is JP wanting more because they are an AL East team? then you have the Yanks, the Jays have said they want both Joba & Hughes, which I doubt the Yanks would want to do, who know's I guess.

By they way, what time is the deadline Friday?

Pretty sure it is 4:00pm EST.

All the talk here in the Philly area was based around Halladay, I was saying to a friend and a couple of people that they should go after Lee because he would be cheaper. Also been hearing that Milwaukee could be on a backburner for Halladay, but I doubt it. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Toronto.

two24four
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Dodgers traded for BAL closer George Sherrill today.

dw13
07-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Dodgers traded for BAL closer George Sherrill today.

Beautiful isn't it

looch17
07-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I know this doesnt really apply in this thread, but do you guys think Johnson will be guy in Baltimore now that Sherrill is gone? I just picked him up a speculative add. I would assume Baez will get dealt too because of the salary. Just a guess.

secol
07-30-2009, 04:29 PM
probably johnson, he's been their main HLD guy hasn't he?

two24four
07-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I just picked up Johnson as well in a few leagues.

looch17
07-30-2009, 04:46 PM
probably johnson, he's been their main HLD guy hasn't he?

I just picked up Johnson as well in a few leagues.

Thanks guys looks like I made the right choice.

b_illin
07-30-2009, 06:37 PM
I just read that the LAD might be feeling some pressure now to trade for Halladay after Philly has traded for Lee, but prob no Kershaw coming back this way.

that's what I figured would happen if Philly got Lee....too bad it's not Kershaw...I'm falling for him...hard :D

toronto1979
07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
that's what I figured would happen if Philly got Lee....too bad it's not Kershaw...I'm falling for him...hard :D
Kershaw has the lowest opponant's batting average in the league: .199

Can't say I blame you.

two24four
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I would love it if we could get Kershaw, but I'm not sure the Jays and LA could work out a deal now, the Jays wanted 3B prospect Bell I know as well, but he went to BAL in the Sherrill deal.

Snipes16
07-31-2009, 07:40 AM
As far as the Jays - Sox talk goes for Halladay...I'd bet that if the Sox subbed out Bucholz for Daniel Bard as the centerpiece in the deal, they'd stand a much better chance of landing Roy.

Bard has been unreal lately retiring 24 straight throwing 98-100 mph. Problem is he's the heir apparent to close once Papelbon signs elsewhere as an UFA and I dont see them moving Bard.

But I could see Ricciardi at least asking for Bard over Bucholz, who hasn't exactly looked all that great lately.

toronto1979
07-31-2009, 01:01 PM
According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, "The Red Sox are about to acquire Victor Martinez from Indians."
Source: Bob Nightengale on Twitter (http://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/3055091029)

I guess that means they're out of the Halladay Sweepstakes.

two24four
07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, "The Red Sox are about to acquire Victor Martinez from Indians."
Source: Bob Nightengale on Twitter (http://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/3055091029)

I guess that means they're out of the Halladay Sweepstakes.

Maybe not, Foxsports is saying both Clay Buchholz & Daniel Bard are not in the V-Mart deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9875596/MLB-trade-deadline-buzz:-Friday's-edition

Doctego
07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Maybe not, Foxsports is saying both Clay Buchholz & Daniel Bard are not in the V-Mart deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9875596/MLB-trade-deadline-buzz:-Friday's-edition (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9875596/MLB-trade-deadline-buzz:-Friday%27s-edition)

I heard it was for Masterson and some LHP prospect coming off of TJ surgery. Quite the steal. They are also said to be shopping Laroche.

two24four
07-31-2009, 02:02 PM
I heard it was for Masterson and some LHP prospect coming off of TJ surgery. Quite the steal. They are also said to be shopping Laroche.

I heard that as well, they really dont need him now with V-Mart. That is a steal if true.

LAD are now trying to get Adrian Gonzalez as well.

Last hour, might see a few more deals happen now.

Doctego
07-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Blah.......Laroche traded back to Atlanta and Jerry Hairston to the Yanks.

two24four
07-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Wow the LAD are trying to not only get Adrian Gonzalez from SD, they also want closer Heath Bell, that would be Bell, Sherrill & Broxton in the pen, not bad if they can get this done.

Doctego
07-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Wow the LAD are trying to not only get Adrian Gonzalez from SD, they also want closer Heath Bell, that would be Bell, Sherrill & Broxton in the pen, not bad if they can get this done.

They already had the best or 1 of the best pens but we all know how Torre works his pen.:scared:

phaneuf6
07-31-2009, 02:39 PM
V-Mart confirmed to BoSox. Orlando Cabrera gone to the Twins too. Nice.

Doctego
07-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Rolen waived NTC and is going to Cincy??

two24four
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Rolen waived NTC and is going to Cincy??

Yeah sounds like it, not word on for what thou.

two24four
07-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Not bad, the Jays get Edwin Encarnacion & 2008 first-round pick Yonder Alonso for Rolen.

phaneuf6
07-31-2009, 02:58 PM
I liked Rolen at third.. Great D and was swinging a nice bat this year.. oh well.

two24four
07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Rolen still has to waive his NTC.

two24four
07-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Alonso sounds like a good pickup, he plays 1B and scouts say he could be a middle of the order guy & hit 25-30 Hr's one day in the major's.

He's also the 15th ranked prospect by Baseball America right now.

two24four
07-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Shit, now they are saying Alonso is not part of the deal, sounds like it's Encarnacion RP Josh Roenicke & pitching prospect Zach Stewart.

phaneuf6
07-31-2009, 03:39 PM
I love what the BoSox did getting V-Mart. That lineup is sweet now.

nyrblue2
07-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Peavy to the White Sox for 4 young pitchers:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-padres-whitesoxtrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

dw13
07-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah, not a chance the Jays would of gotten Edwin and Alonso.

two24four
07-31-2009, 04:47 PM
I love what the BoSox did getting V-Mart. That lineup is sweet now.

Agreed, they come out of the AL IMO for the WS.

dw13
07-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Needless to say, I'm happy we were quiet and only went for Sherrill. We lose Bell, but we are fine with infield talent.

I think we could pick up more pen help off the wire in August as well. But Sherrill helps.

Spartan
07-31-2009, 05:04 PM
I love the addition of Washburn to the Tigers. We have a fighting chance to hang in there now.

two24four
07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
When will Peavy be ready to pitch again for the White Sox? if soon watch out for them.

Edit: Never mind, I see they dont expect him back till the end of AUG.

dw13
07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
I love the addition of Washburn to the Tigers. We have a fighting chance to hang in there now.

With the way Washburn has pitched lately, and this year; Verlander-Jackson-Washburn looks very nice.

looch17
07-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Just getting in and I am very happy with the VMart deal. It gives us a much needed boost in the lineup and we only really had to give Masterson. As much as he was well liked I will give him up for Martinez Monday-Sunday. Also that aquistion gives us a little leeway on what to do for next year. Meaning if Lowell isnt healthy we can shift Youk to 3rd, VMart to 1B or if Tek isnt in the plans we have a catcher to replace him. All in all great move by Theo and the Sox.

two24four
08-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Sounds like this young pitcher Zach Stewart the Jays got back in the Rolen deal is a good one, he's been flying through the minors, he started in "A" ball this season & is now in "AAA", I have heard some say he could be our future closer now. I guess he's the player the Jays really wanted to make the Rolen deal happen.

Lets also hope Encarnacion can find his game again, maybe a fresh start in Toronto will do just that. I really know nothing about this other pitcher Roenicke other then he will be with the Jays right away in the pen, they sent Accardo down to make room for him.

phaneuf6
08-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Was surprised to see that Rolen had requested a move..

King_Killah
08-02-2009, 12:40 PM
.....and what about Adam LaRoche coming back to Atlanta???? He gets shipped from Pittsburgh to Boston then Boston to Baltimore then Baltimore to Atlanta. That has to be a record... 4 teams in such a short period of time. I am glad to have LaRoche back. I always liked him, thought he would have produced better in Pittsburgh, but eh... For the cost of Kotchman, I am good with that.

two24four
08-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Was surprised to see that Rolen had requested a move..

I guess he wanted to be closer to his family from what they are saying.

two24four
08-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Rolen had to leave the game today in the 7th after being hit in the helmet.

boredguy
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
.....and what about Adam LaRoche coming back to Atlanta???? He gets shipped from Pittsburgh to Boston then Boston to Baltimore then Baltimore to Atlanta. That has to be a record... 4 teams in such a short period of time. I am glad to have LaRoche back. I always liked him, thought he would have produced better in Pittsburgh, but eh... For the cost of Kotchman, I am good with that.

I don't think he was ever traded to Baltimore, Sox were just playing there when he was traded to Atlanta.

looch17
08-02-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't think he was ever traded to Baltimore, Sox were just playing there when he was traded to Atlanta.Yeah he was never traded to Baltimore. BoSox traded him to Atlanta.

two24four
08-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Sounds like Pudge is going back to the Rangers.

King_Killah
08-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't think he was ever traded to Baltimore, Sox were just playing there when he was traded to Atlanta.

Yeah a little while after the post I read, it was Boston was looking for a third team to deal with which was Baltimore, but the deal ended up being Atl-Bos... I was gonna say that would have been pretty nuts to get traded that quickly to that many teams.

two24four
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Jim Thome is one his way to the LAD & Jose Contreras is on his way to COL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=4436350

moans
08-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Dodgers also picked up Garland from the Dbacks.

King_Killah
09-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Is Thome the ticket to a potential LA-LA World Series? Does he have enough in him to play 1st base everyday? Bats-wise, I like the move for LA.

dw13
09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Left handed Power bat on the bench with Thome. I like the move. Won't be asked to do much but hit HR's, and he won't play much time at 1st. He will be a bat off the bench when needed and couple play every 5th day or something along those lines.

Garland was an obvious move. Helps the back end of the rotation for us and it was something we severely needed.

I have no beef with either move, the NL Playoffs is going to completely interesting with STL, LA and PHI.

two24four
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I read that Loney may lose more playing time at 1st then some might think to Thome, guess we will see thou.

dw13
09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I read that Loney may lose more playing time at 1st then some might think to Thome, guess we will see thou.

Not true, I'd like to know who told you told / wrote that article.

two24four
09-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Not true, I'd like to know who told you told / wrote that article.

Saw it last night in one of the many clipings I read on the trade.

dw13
09-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Saw it last night in one of the many clipings I read on the trade.

Will be a pinch hitter for the most part. Loney has had a fine year and theres no reason to think he would be replaced

two24four
09-01-2009, 11:45 AM
I wonder how the White Sox feel now about getting Rios.

dw13
09-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I wonder how the White Sox feel now about getting Rios.

What has changed? The fact Dye didn't get claimed like they were hoping?

Rios is a long term player for them, with that contract, his age and possible potential. He was an instant defensive upgrade and Dye's contract is up after this season. Rios was a player Kenny Williams had his eye on for a long time, obviously.

two24four
09-01-2009, 11:54 AM
What has changed? The fact Dye didn't get claimed like they were hoping?

Rios is a long term player for them, with that contract, his age and possible potential. He was an instant defensive upgrade and Dye's contract is up after this season. Rios was a player Kenny Williams had his eye on for a long time, obviously.

The fact that they are now letting players go, they thought they where going to be able to catch DET this year for the division when they picked Rios up. Also Rios has looked even worse since joining CHI ( hard to believe I know) he's batting .179 with 4 R's, 10 H's, 1 Hr, 3 RBI's, 1 BB, 16 K's, & he's not even playing every day, he might get that chance with Thome gone now thou. Also Rios' defence has not been all that great this year as well.

I know Kenny has wanted him for sometime, & they did not have to give anything up to get him, but man I thought he would start playing like the Rios off old, with a fresh start, not look even worse.

dw13
09-01-2009, 12:08 PM
The fact that they are now letting players go, they thought they where going to be able to catch DET this year for the division when they picked Rios up. Also Rios has looked even worse since joining CHI ( hard to believe I know) he's batting .179 with 4 R's, 10 H's, 1 Hr, 3 RBI's, 1 BB, 16 K's, & he's not even playing every day, he might get that chance with Thome gone now thou. Also Rios' defence has not been all that great this year as well.

I know Kenny has wanted him for sometime, & they did not have to give anything up to get him, but man I thought he would start playing like the Rios off old, with a fresh start, not look even worse.

Yeah, very true. Rios defense might not be good, but its better than what they have. He definitely isn't playing good at all, and definitely not well enough to warrant the contract..

eff1ngham
09-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Hooray Jose Contreras ...... :scared:

dw13
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Hooray Jose Contreras ...... :scared:

Garland vs. Contreras! :D

eff1ngham
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh dear lord :lol:

two24four
09-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Nice 1st game for Penny tonight with SF vs Philly.

two24four
12-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Sounds like the Yanks are close to getting OF Curtis Granderson in a three way deal with DET and ARI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4725108

dw13
12-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I think thats a great deal for Detroit. Scherzer is a solid young talent, but Edwin Jackson opening the season as a 3rd starter for the DBacks in the NL West? He would be money.

Sounds like a good deal all around, really.

Spartan
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Sounds like the Yanks are close to getting OF Curtis Granderson in a three way deal with DET and ARI.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4725108Great my 5 year old's favorite player. I have a few hundred in Granderson stuff. I hate MLB so much.:mad: I'll take minor league ball every day.

two24four
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Great my 5 year old's favorite player. I have a few hundred in Granderson stuff. I hate MLB so much.:mad: I'll take minor league ball every day.

Damn, that is tough, good luck when you break the news to him/her.

b_illin
12-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Damn, that is tough, good luck when you break the news to him/her.

Did the trade go down?? I thought it was just rumoured?

two24four
12-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Did the trade go down?? I thought it was just rumoured?

It's very close to being done last I saw, they are just going over the medical records of the players in the trade.

b_illin
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
That's a sweet deal for the Yanks & Tigers!

dw13
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
I've heard that Texas offered Justin Smoak and Neftali Feliz for Josh Johnson.. and the Marlins said no. I'm surprised because the Marlins normally sell early on a player and go for the touted prospects like Smoak and Feliz.

Johnson could land a much bigger get than Halladay because of the fact that he has another year on his deal.

secol
12-09-2009, 12:15 AM
wow i would've taken that deal.....neftali feliz just looks like a stud

Shady6833
12-09-2009, 12:38 AM
FLA hasn't won a WS with Johnson yet that's why they didn't want to trade him lol.

two24four
12-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Texas traded Millwood toady to the O's for Ray.

dw13
12-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I think Millwood will help out that young O's staff much like he did with Texas. Good move

two24four
12-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Mike Lowell is close to being traded to the Rangers.

dw13
12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
And the Rays got Rafael Soriano.. good move to help that pen

Snipes16
12-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Didn't Millwood have his 18 million dollar clause kick in once he reached a certain amount of innings last year with Texas real late in the year that Texas foolishly let him surpass? and if so, what is Baltimore thinking taking on that kind of money for that tomato can.

dw13
12-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Didn't Millwood have his 18 million dollar clause kick in once he reached a certain amount of innings last year with Texas real late in the year that Texas foolishly let him surpass? and if so, what is Baltimore thinking taking on that kind of money for that tomato can.

I'm not sure about the money, but if thats true then yeah its a questionable move. If he is reasonably paid (although I know that contract was big when he signed it), he will help that young staff the O's have. Millwood did well with the youngsters in Texas

keys2aFranchise
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
think Millwod is scheduled to make 12.5 million

moans
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I read on TSN that the Phillies and Angels are the front runnners for Doc.

The Phillies are said to be including pitcher J.A. Happ (http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/?name=j.a.+happ), and either outfield prospect Domonic Brown or Michael Taylor (http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/?name=michael+taylor) in their offer.
The Angels package is believed to include pitcher Joe Saunders (http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/?name=joe+saunders), shortstop Erick Aybar (http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/?name=erick+aybar) and outfield prospect Peter Bourjos (http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/?name=peter+bourjos).

In a separate report, the New York Daily News says that there is a chance that left-handed pitcher Cole Hamels (http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/?name=cole+hamels) could be included in a Halladay deal

I think that Happ or Hamels would be a great pick up and that would be the direction I hope AA goes.

two24four
12-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I read on TSN that the Phillies and Angels are the front runnners for Doc.

I think that Happ or Hamels would be a great pick up and that would be the direction I hope AA goes.

Getting Hamels would be awesome for the Jays if Philly goes for it. I know Philly is the #1 team Halladay wants to go to, so maybe he will resign with them right away if they can get a deal done.

Snipes16
12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
think Millwod is scheduled to make 12.5 million

my mistake...it was magglio's 18 million dollar option that kicked in with plate appearances last year. actually looked up millwood's era from last year and it was sub 4 which is pretty good pitching in that park half the time.

dw13
12-14-2009, 03:20 PM
my mistake...it was magglio's 18 million dollar option that kicked in with plate appearances last year. actually looked up millwood's era from last year and it was sub 4 which is pretty good pitching in that park half the time.

Don't forget the vet influence he had on people like Feldman and Hunter. It'll help Matusz alot in Baltimore.

keys2aFranchise
12-14-2009, 06:05 PM
It'll help Matusz alot in Baltimore.

read that Matusz grew up watching Millwood (in ATL) and was excited about him coming to Baltimore.

dw13
12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
read that Matusz grew up watching Millwood (in ATL) and was excited about him coming to Baltimore.

Exactly why I said it :D

King_Killah
12-14-2009, 11:42 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK......

The Phillies have a tentative agreement to acquire star pitcher Roy Halladay (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6134/;_ylt=Ard1redv..ANglgXX3zTbz6pu7YF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6134/news;_ylt=AkX4J2GdcptG0jSWmzGfv1Spu7YF) in a trade with Toronto, and the former Cy Young Award winner was in Philadelphia on Monday for a physical required to complete the deal.
Philadelphia also is discussing a trade that would send Cliff Lee (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7026/;_ylt=AnZl3cvVfsuxAVmlRWcmLfCpu7YF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7026/news;_ylt=AjN2H1.qoW3XB6BWHN_QrO6pu7YF), another former Cy Young winner, to the Seattle Mariners (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/sea/;_ylt=Av.utXqXOhpzDy0iHeuyxaepu7YF).
The commissioner’s office granted a 72-hour window on Sunday for Toronto and Philadelphia to complete their trade, a baseball official familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Monday. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because Major League Baseball didn’t make any announcement.

Halladay took a physical on Monday for the NL champion Phillies, another person with knowledge of the situation said, also on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made.
Philadelphia could give up pitchers J.A. Happ (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8061/;_ylt=AjP9AUaN3CgATmoFqIfVroypu7YF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8061/news;_ylt=AnmxjiSjIXZx4uRNAjvc25ypu7YF), Joe Blanton (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7461/;_ylt=AiMrxjPQvEe5xcwv4myBeh6pu7YF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7461/news;_ylt=AllVLssPNZ64VJdxsJOmdAipu7YF) and outfielder Dominic Brown as part of a deal, the person said. Those three players also took physicals in Philadelphia on Monday.

Happ, Blanton, and Brown... That is peanuts to give up for Halladay... Any word what the Lee to Seattle deal would bring back for Philly???

two24four
12-14-2009, 11:46 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK......

Happ, Blanton, and Brown... That is peanuts to give up for Halladay... Any word what the Lee to Seattle deal would bring back for Philly???

You will see a shit load about this in the Jays thread ;)

King_Killah
12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
You will see a shit load about this in the Jays thread ;)

Haha... Yeah, I guess... Should be in a Phillies thread now though!

Why is Philly trying to put a damper on the Braves sending Bobby Cox out with a bang?????

King_Killah
12-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Juan Pierre to ChiSOX...

CHICAGO (AP)—The Chicago White Sox (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/;_ylt=AmZEOiY328Ue87as5swHhpCpu7YF) have acquired outfielder Juan Pierre (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6550/;_ylt=AupOHrY3qMM9JFsBVOB6ZWWpu7YF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6550/news;_ylt=AlWvyyhAI2MdXgeSwC426ompu7YF) and cash from the Los Angeles Dodgers (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/lad/;_ylt=AnDGpU3n5Z_g171SujM_8Fupu7YF) for two players to be named.
The club announced the move Tuesday.

Pierre, 32, hit .308 (117-380) with 30 stolen bases, 57 runs and a .365 on-base percentage in 145 games with the Dodgers in 2009.
Pierre is a career .301 hitter with 459 stolen bases, most among active players, and 804 runs scored in 1,433 games with Colorado (2000-02), Florida (2003-05), the Chicago Cubs (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chc/;_ylt=Am1Ze.WPcJa0KiMB8fJ04JSpu7YF) (2006) and Dodgers (2007-09).
Pierre was on 2003 Florida Marlins (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/fla/;_ylt=ApCGqw.soJJHxiMWcfZtUv6pu7YF) team that won the World Series. White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen was the third base coach on that club.

Does this move give Pierre playing time??

dw13
12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Does this move give Pierre playing time??

He's now a starter, obviously!

secol
12-15-2009, 04:18 PM
yeah nice trade for the Sox

two24four
12-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Cubs have traded Milton Bradley to Seattle for Carlos Silva.

dw13
12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Good move for both sides. Bradley obviously couldn't play in Chicago anymore, and that contract was too young to move for anything valuable. They get the nasty Silva contract back, and he won't be a disaster in the locker room, just on the payroll.

As for Seattle, Bradley had alot of success with the Rangers in the AL West, and if he stay healthy/happy he can hit the ball pretty damn well.

two24four
12-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Seattle is going to have a good team this year.

Doctego
12-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Seattle is going to have a good team this year.

People were signing them up for the WS when they got Bedard.

dw13
12-18-2009, 04:47 PM

I liked their potential that year as well... didn't turn out too well :$

two24four
12-18-2009, 04:47 PM

Yeah but they have done alot more this off season with that lineup IMO

dw13
12-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Javy Vazquez to the Yankees for Melky Cabrera, and some. Great move by the Yankees.

phaneuf6
12-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow the Yankees are now better than they were just a few months ago. I didn't think that was possible.

Doctego
12-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Javy Vazquez to the Yankees for Melky Cabrera, and some. Great move by the Yankees.

For weeks, it has looked like Damon was leaving. With Cabrera gone, I expect Damon to come back now. Seems like Boras overplayed his hand once again.

dw13
12-22-2009, 07:27 PM
For weeks, it has looked like Damon was leaving. With Cabrera gone, I expect Damon to come back now. Seems like Boras overplayed his hand once again.

Damon/Boras is obviously going to have to lower their price.

Doctego
12-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Damon/Boras is obviously going to have to lower their price.

Strictly speculation but it looked like they wanted 3-4 years and the Yanks wanted 2. Looks like 2 years is realistic but the Yanks want $14M and they want $20M. We'll see.

I do like that Cashman finally appears to have as much control as he can. He has a budget and a plan and he's sticking to it.

two24four
07-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Sounds like the Yanks are close to trading for Cliff Lee, they say it could happen today, just in time for them, he's due to pitch vs the Yanks tonight :rolleyes:

dw13
07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Sounds like the Yanks are close to trading for Cliff Lee, they say it could happen today, just in time for them, he's due to pitch vs the Yanks tonight :rolleyes:

Done deal it sounds.

This is the old Yankees. Trading their top prospect for someone they can sign on the offseason.

two24four
07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Done deal it sounds.

This is the old Yankees. Trading their top prospect for someone they can sign on the offseason.

It will never change.

Sounds like they will now have to trade Javier Vazquez to make room in the starting 5 for Lee, some rumors say he might end up in Philly for Werth who Philly is shopping.

dw13
07-09-2010, 11:22 AM
It will never change.

Sounds like they will now have to trade Javier Vazquez to make room in the starting 5 for Lee, some rumors say he might end up in Philly for Werth who Philly is shopping.

They started putting real time into their farm system and bringing along youth. I know they are stacked at catcher in the minors, but still, Montero has a bat like you wouldn't believe.

I've also heard Vazquez for Werth, that'd be a sweet deal for both, I think.

Zangetsu
07-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Bringing in Lee seems like overkill to me. I like what I've heard about Montero (although, I've also heard he might not be best suited to catch in the big leagues), and Jorge is nearing the end of his catching career.

Yeah, if we win the World Series again (and Lee has a great postseason), this will look like a brilliant move, but I don't think it helps our chances so much that it's worth giving up a guy who could take over for Jorge one day.

dw13
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Bringing in Lee seems like overkill to me. I like what I've heard about Montero (although, I've also heard he might not be best suited to catch in the big leagues), and Jorge is nearing the end of his catching career.

Yeah, if we win the World Series again (and Lee has a great postseason), this will look like a brilliant move, but I don't think it helps our chances so much that it's worth giving up a guy who could take over for Jorge one day.

Yeah this is where I agree. The Yankees are already in prime position for a repeat this season. Why move their top prospect for someone they can sign in the offseason anyways? Montero probably won't be a fulltime catcher in the bigs, (will need to play some 1B, some DH, and some C... maybe learn a corner OF eventually) but his bat is something that'll be used in the majors soon.

That being said, they have Romine, Sanchez and Murphy, 3 of their top 10 prospects ARE catchers. Romine is almost ready, he might not be able to hit that well but his defense is above average.

The trade makes a little bit of sense, but I really don't like it from a Yankees standpoint. They have gone back to the ways of the earlier 2000's where they were trading away any of the younger guys they had (sans Cano) and they failed.

b_illin
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I am correct that the Yanks wouldn't give up Montero for Doc but they might for Lee. Bizzaro world.

Zangetsu
07-09-2010, 04:30 PM
And now we didn't trade for him. The Rangers apparently gave up a better package of prospects.

I really didn't think we needed Lee anyway. My guess would be Andy retires this offseason, and we sign Lee as a free agent.

dw13
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Good trade for both. Smoak is a stud.

two24four
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
What a great trade for the LAAAAA getting Dan Haren from Arizona yesterday, I thought Arizona would want alittle more back for him.

dw13
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM
What a great trade for the LAAAAA getting Dan Haren from Arizona yesterday, I thought Arizona would want alittle more back for him.

Salary + bad season can sometime = forgetting his past for the most part

two24four
07-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I hear now that the LAAAA did not have to give up some of there top prospects etc....that they might take a run at Prince Fielder now.

dw13
07-26-2010, 05:00 PM
I have thought since the beginning of the year, the Braves should look at Prince Fielder. They can cough up the money to resign him as well.

That'd be a wise move on the Angels part.

two24four
07-26-2010, 10:53 PM
And Haren goes down in the 4th tonight after taking a line drive off his pitching arm one day after the LAAAA trade for him.

boredguy
07-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Even if Haren doesn't play another game this season they still totally thiefed him from the D'Backs. What a horrible trade.

dw13
07-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Even if Haren doesn't play another game this season they still totally thiefed him from the D'Backs. What a horrible trade.

It sort of reminded me of the Peavy trade... and well, it worked out better for San Diego somehow.. so who knows.

two24four
07-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Report: Yanks want Scott Downs from the Jays, but it sounds like the Jays want Chamberlain in return, Yanks say no.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=328763

And SI.com is saying the Jays want Yanks catching prospect Jesus Montero, and from Boston one of two young players, P Casey Kelly, or SS Jose Iglesias.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/baseball/mlb/07/28/heyman.downs/index.html

I like that AA is trying to get top young up coming players.

dw13
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
If they Jays get Kelly or Montero... :lol:

Would be a steeeeeeal.

Snipes16
07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
If they Jays get Kelly or Montero... :lol:

Would be a steeeeeeal.

pass the spleef, they aint gettin either of those 2 prospects for Downs :lol:

dw13
07-28-2010, 04:08 PM
pass the spleef, they aint gettin either of those 2 prospects for Downs :lol:

Sorry, forgot to add *sarcasm* :lol:

They won't get half the prospect of Kelly or Montero for Downs

Snipes16
07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I got ya Dawinna...although I thought it was humorous that the piece said the source for the Boston prospects was the NY Post

I know they are high on Iglesias too once Marco moves on. They say defensively he can play right now, its just a question of how fast his bat can transition like most young SS's

dw13
07-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Right on. I've had a falling out in terms of minor league baseball and farm systems since I moved on from my job with the Suns. Still know a bit, but not as much as I used to unfortunately.

Snipes16
07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
One rumor running hot here is Mike Lowell to the Tigers.

two24four
07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
From what I have read, 12 teams have called about Scott Downs.

Sounds like Adam Dunn might be on the move as well, lot's of teams are trying to trade for him.

eff1ngham
07-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Sounds like Oswalt is going to OK a deal to the Phillies

two24four
07-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Sounds like Oswalt is going to OK a deal to the Phillies

He must have changed his mind about going to Philly, because he said a few days ago he did not want to play in Philly.

Also makes you wonder why they traded Cliff Lee, they should have just kept him and Halladay.

Doctego
07-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah this is where I agree. The Yankees are already in prime position for a repeat this season. Why move their top prospect for someone they can sign in the offseason anyways? Montero probably won't be a fulltime catcher in the bigs, (will need to play some 1B, some DH, and some C... maybe learn a corner OF eventually) but his bat is something that'll be used in the majors soon.

That being said, they have Romine, Sanchez and Murphy, 3 of their top 10 prospects ARE catchers. Romine is almost ready, he might not be able to hit that well but his defense is above average.

The trade makes a little bit of sense, but I really don't like it from a Yankees standpoint. They have gone back to the ways of the earlier 2000's where they were trading away any of the younger guys they had (sans Cano) and they failed.

Sorry to have missed this before but I have to disagree. How have they gone back to their old ways?? I also agree that getting Lee would have been overkill but they did have a need for a SP. If they didn't change their ways, I guarantee you that Lee would be a Yankee today. They would have dealt away the farm. As you said, the Yankees are stacked at C in the minors. Montero was their #1 but they don't see him as a future C and they like Romine better now. If he can't catch and they have Tex at 1B for many years, that really only leaves the OF or DH and getting a solid hitter in those spots isn't difficult.

dw13
07-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Sorry to have missed this before but I have to disagree. How have they gone back to their old ways?? I also agree that getting Lee would have been overkill but they did have a need for a SP. If they didn't change their ways, I guarantee you that Lee would be a Yankee today. They would have dealt away the farm. As you said, the Yankees are stacked at C in the minors. Montero was their #1 but they don't see him as a future C and they like Romine better now. If he can't catch and they have Tex at 1B for many years, that really only leaves the OF or DH and getting a solid hitter in those spots isn't difficult.

I just think trading Montero for someone like Lee, who you could eventually buy in the offseason would of been a bit an overkill, and I ended up being correct. They were reluctant to deal him, I see. I also like Romine better then Montero, but I think Montero's hitting ability is something they should charish. He will be able to play 1B, DH, some Catcher and eventually could learn a corner OF spot. That's a pretty nice utility player with a mean bat.

I think they did they right thing on holding off. I don't think they needed to go out and trade for a Lee or a Haren.

Snipes16
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Just to play some devils advocate here...I'd argue that the Yanks should have dealt for Cliff because with the Sox brooming the Angels yesterday its becoming apparent that the Rangers are getting in the tourney and if the Yanks draw the Rangers in that 1st rd short series, the difference could be Cliff Lee especially if he outpitches C.C in the opener at the stadium.

And in the event that the Yanks were to lose to Texas in the playoffs and Cliff pitches well the mantra will be, never would have happened under George's watch.

dw13
07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Just to play some devils advocate here...I'd argue that the Yanks should have dealt for Cliff because with the Sox brooming the Angels yesterday its becoming apparent that the Rangers are getting in the tourney and if the Yanks draw the Rangers in that 1st rd short series, the difference could be Cliff Lee especially if he outpitches C.C in the opener at the stadium.

And in the event that the Yanks were to lose to Texas in the playoffs and Cliff pitches well the mantra will be, never would have happened under George's watch.

And whats the verdict if/when the Yanks beat the Rangers?

Snipes16
07-29-2010, 01:54 PM
It's not just the Rangers but in general do they have enough starting pitching behind C.C to repeat?

I really dont know that answer with Burnett, Vazquez and Phil so up and down this year but Lee would have been a nice chip to have added once the playoffs start because both Texas and Tampa can hit.

dw13
07-29-2010, 02:14 PM
It's not just the Rangers but in general do they have enough starting pitching behind C.C to repeat?

I really dont know that answer with Burnett, Vazquez and Phil so up and down this year but Lee would have been a nice chip to have added once the playoffs start because both Texas and Tampa can hit.

I do agree with that for the most part, but if they can throw Phil and Pettite, with CC twice in a series. I think they'll be OK.

I just don't like the... give up a bluechip prospect for a possible player you can sign for less in a couple months. Just my way of thinking of course.

two24four
07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Lee should really think about resigning with Texas soon, or in the off season.

Zangetsu
07-29-2010, 02:27 PM
^^^Aren't they bankrupt.

two24four
07-29-2010, 03:06 PM
ESPN is saying that Houston is going to flip prospect OF Anthony Gose to Toronto, they got Gose today from Philly in the Oswalt deal.

Sounds like he's a very fast player, and good defensively in CF. He was ranked as Philly's 6th best prospect.

eff1ngham
07-29-2010, 03:47 PM
I just don't like the... give up a bluechip prospect for a possible player you can sign for less in a couple months. Just my way of thinking of course.

Baseball prospects are incredibly hit or miss though. Even moreso than hockey I'd say. There's almost never a sure thing. So if you get a chance to flip a prospect for a proven Cy Young caliber pitcher, I think you make that move. Even if it's a guy you could sign in the offseason. I'm not a big fan of selling the farm either, but just think about over the last 5 years, how many great prospects have flamed out, or even just haven't been able to put it all together

dw13
07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Baseball prospects are incredibly hit or miss though. Even moreso than hockey I'd say. There's almost never a sure thing. So if you get a chance to flip a prospect for a proven Cy Young caliber pitcher, I think you make that move. Even if it's a guy you could sign in the offseason. I'm not a big fan of selling the farm either, but just think about over the last 5 years, how many great prospects have flamed out, or even just haven't been able to put it all together

I can agree with that. I just think the Yankees didn't want to (and I didn't think they should) give up a top of the line, consensus top 5 prospect in baseball for someone they will make a run at and probably sign in 6 months.

But there is definitely a great argument for both sides, I won't argue against that.

Doctego
07-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I just think trading Montero for someone like Lee, who you could eventually buy in the offseason would of been a bit an overkill, and I ended up being correct. They were reluctant to deal him, I see. I also like Romine better then Montero, but I think Montero's hitting ability is something they should charish. He will be able to play 1B, DH, some Catcher and eventually could learn a corner OF spot. That's a pretty nice utility player with a mean bat.

I think they did they right thing on holding off. I don't think they needed to go out and trade for a Lee or a Haren.

I don't know what the main reason that they didn't get Lee was. You say that they were reluctant to deal him. While that may be true, I think that it had more to do with them liking Smoak and Co. better than Montero and Co.

As for overkill, I completely understand and agree except for 1 thing.......This is the Yankees. Them waiting until the offseason could make them think that they were kind of turning a shoulder on this season. I don't know that they would ever pass on someone that they really wanted for the time being because they were just going to wait 5 months to sign him.

I should also say that the old Yankee reputation, while true, was way overblown, IMHO. Yes, they traded away prospects for aging vets. That can't be denied. What I am talking about is how few of them really turned out to be top players. The Yankees were great at overhyping their prospects and then selling them off. Most of them never amounted to shit.

dw13
07-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't know what the main reason that they didn't get Lee was. You say that they were reluctant to deal him. While that may be true, I think that it had more to do with them liking Smoak and Co. better than Montero and Co.

As for overkill, I completely understand and agree except for 1 thing.......This is the Yankees. Them waiting until the offseason could make them think that they were kind of turning a shoulder on this season. I don't know that they would ever pass on someone that they really wanted for the time being because they were just going to wait 5 months to sign him.

I think the Yankees philosophy has changed, that's my point. They were not going to give up Joba for Haren, and I've heard they were not goign to give Montero for Lee. While it's true that maybe they liked Smoak more, I've heard some reports that it was the Yankees not willing to move Montero, just like Joba for Haren.

two24four
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM
ESPN is saying that Houston is going to flip prospect OF Anthony Gose to Toronto, they got Gose today from Philly in the Oswalt deal.

Sounds like he's a very fast player, and good defensively in CF. He was ranked as Philly's 6th best prospect.

I'm not sure what AA is doing here, he traded Brett Wallace to Houston to get this Gose kid.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=328914

AA says he's been trying to get Gose for awhile.

This is the 1st move by AA that I question.

eff1ngham
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Cantu's on his way to the Rangers.

And Tejada is on his way to the Padres.

I kind of hate the Padres even more now

two24four
07-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice trade by the Twins getting Capps. Nats make out good as well in the deal getting C Ramos, good deal for both teams IMO.

secol
07-29-2010, 10:19 PM
i don't mind the gose trade much. wallace doesn't have as much power as you want in a 1B. gose sounds like a possible leadoff man and possibly be a top base stealer in the majors

Doctego
07-29-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't care if they only have to pay $5 extra. How TF are the Rangers able to keep adding players??

two24four
07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
i don't mind the gose trade much. wallace doesn't have as much power as you want in a 1B. gose sounds like a possible leadoff man and possibly be a top base stealer in the majors

Wallace might not hit 40-50 Hr's in the MLB, but he could hit about 30-35 Hr's, he will also hit for AVG, this trade really is a step back for the Jays right now, Gose looks good, dont get me wrong, he could end up with 40-50 SB's one day, and win a few gold gloves, but he's only 19, we wont be seeing him for sometime, Wallace was only an Overbay trade away from playing 1st full time for the Jays.

Now once Overbay is gone it's prob going to be Lind playing 1st, or maybe David Cooper one day, but I think he's at least a few years away, Wallace was pretty much ready to play now.

secol
07-30-2010, 02:26 AM
which isn't exactly something that we need imo. we won't win in a year or two.

two24four
07-30-2010, 08:32 AM
which isn't exactly something that we need imo. we won't win in a year or two.

But it's not like Wallace is old, he's only 23, he would have been here for many, many years. I wonder if we could have got Gose some how with out having to give up Wallace, just seems like alot for him.

I guess we really wont know who wins this trade for a few years, seeing as Gose is just 19 now.

Here is what Keith Law from ESPN said about this deal.

could not possibly make less sense to me, Wallace is twice as valuable a prospect as Gose.

Doctego
07-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Edwin Jackson traded to CWS for a couple of minor leaguers. Do they keep him or do they send him packing for Adam Dunn??

Snipes16
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
I'd guess he's insurance in case Freddy or Hudson spit the bit in the 4-5 slots down the stretch.

Garcia has given up 24 hits and 11 earned over his last 3 starts - 13.1 IP

two24four
07-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Jays trade for 1B Mike Jacobs today, I guess he's the backup plan for now with Wallace gone, might also mean they are close to trading Overbay, that's just a guess though.

I also heard on the radio today that AA thinks he has the next Carl Crawford in Gose.

two24four
07-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Texas traded for Cristian Guzman, with Kinsler on the DL he should play 2B for them.

two24four
07-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Sounds like the Yanks are close to getting Lance Berkman, sounds like Houston is keeping him out of the lineup tonight as well.

Doctego
07-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Sounds like the Yanks are close to getting Lance Berkman, sounds like Houston is keeping him out of the lineup tonight as well.

This is more overkill than getting a stud pitcher, IMHO. That said, I have always been a big fan of Berkman.

boredguy
07-30-2010, 07:47 PM

It's apparently a done deal, just can't be officially announced till tomorrow cause of the way NTC works. Haven't heard what's going back to Houston.

two24four
07-30-2010, 08:00 PM
It's apparently a done deal, just can't be officially announced till tomorrow cause of the way NTC works. Haven't heard what's going back to Houston.

Not much from what I have read.

Doctego
07-30-2010, 08:03 PM
It's weird. For years, Berkman and Oswalt were rumored to be traded but they could never pull the trigger. Guess that changed quickly.

Doctego
07-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Looks like Kearns to the Yanks for a PTBNL.

two24four
07-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Looks like Kearns to the Yanks for a PTBNL.

Where will he fit in, just an extra bat of the bench?

Rumor that SF really wants Jose Bautista and that the Jays might want prospects SS/2B Emmanuel Burriss and SS Ehire Adrianza.

Ken Rosenthal put this on twitter as well.

Blue Jays unsure if they will make multiple trades or none. One source with knowledge of club's activities says "million balls in air."

Doctego
07-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Where will he fit in, just an extra bat of the bench?

Yeah. I know that the bench isn't quite as important in the AL but it has been really weak this season.

secol
07-31-2010, 09:39 AM
24 later this month for wallace. in terms of higher celings i'm fairly sure gose has the higher one

Doctego
07-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Kerry Wood going to the Yanks for a PTBNL and/or cash??

two24four
08-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Carlos Delgado signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox.

Doctego
08-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Derrek Lee to the Braves, it appears.

dw13
08-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Derrek Lee to the Braves, it appears.

It's a great move for both sides.

two24four
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah for sure, sounds like this might happen, Lee seems willing to waive his NTC. Glaus would go on the DL if this goes down.

Roy Hinske
08-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Hard to imagine Glaus on the DL.

two24four
08-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Sounds like Damon was picked up on waivers, they just dont know the team yet.

dw13
08-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Sounds like Damon was picked up on waivers, they just dont know the team yet.

Sounds like the Red Sox.

two24four
08-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Sounds like the Red Sox.

Yeah he's thinking about if wants to go or not I read.

Doctego
08-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Sounds like the Red Sox.

Yup. Guess they feel like they're still in it.

two24four
08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Yup. Guess they feel like they're still in it.

That and/or they are blocking him from going to T-Bay or something like that.

Doctego
08-23-2010, 05:56 PM
That and/or they are blocking him from going to T-Bay or something like that.

Well, they can put in a claim to block or because they have an interest. It seems like they have some interest. If so, it's just up to whether Detroit wants something in return or if they just want the money off the books.

Snipes16
08-23-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm hearing Johnny wants no part of the sequel

secol
08-23-2010, 08:27 PM
lol, why am i not surprised by that?

Roy Hinske
08-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Maybe they'd quit booing him if he were to return.:lol:

eff1ngham
08-27-2010, 03:24 PM
The White Sox got the waiver claim for Manny.

Not sure what kind of deal they could work out, or if LA will decide to keep him

secol
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, rumored conversations about a swap of Mike Stanton for White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen "never happened."
Finally, a dose of reality. Stanton smashed 22 home runs in 100 games this past season as a 20-year-old outfielder for the Marlins and remains one of baseball's most promising youngsters. Guillen is a fine manager, but no team would consider trading a major piece of its future for a new head coach. The Marlins are still on the hunt for a new skipper and are expected to speak with several candidates. Interim manager Edwin Rodriguez is in the running. O

lol player for manager

two24four
07-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Jays made two trades today (see Jays thread) biggest name being Rasmus who the Jays picked up.

Also sounds like Beltran is close to going from the Mets to San Fran.

King_Killah
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Jays made two trades today (see Jays thread) biggest name being Rasmus who the Jays picked up.

Also sounds like Beltran is close to going from the Mets to San Fran.

From what I hear, its done.

Philly wanted Beltran. Philly wants Pence, they offered their top pitching prospect, top hitting prospect, and I believe Matheson... Houston declined. I hear that Philly is now pursuing Quentin. But the flip side to that is that ChiSox are interested in sending Quentin to Atlanta. I'll take his bat in Atlanta!

King_Killah
07-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Beltran to SF forced Philly to make a move. A lot of the word was Quentin, but the ChiSox are still alive so they weren't biting. Pence was brought up and no one spoke of it until the two days or so before the deal happened. Atlanta went after Pence also, but weren't willing to offer the prospects that Houston wanted. In turn, Atlanta was able to snag Michael Bourn. Should be a good 2nd half finish.

King_Killah
07-31-2011, 07:35 PM
I like that Pittsburgh got Ludwick/Lee, and I like that Pittsburgh are in post season potential conversations. Boston gaining Bedard at the deadline is eh... Mike Adams heading to Texas is San Diego dumping cleaning house, although the big surprise is Heath Bar Bell stays in San Diego. Ubaldo going to Cleveland is a shock, too!!!

eff1ngham
08-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Ubaldo going to Cleveland is a shock, too!!!

The shock was that it was Cleveland. I'm happy to see him go there though, hope he, and the Tribe do well :beer:

The Rockies fan in me was thinking: "wow, we traded an MLB ace for basically three guys who we hope could one day be as good as the guy we traded for." But the baseball analyst in me knows it's a good deal. I would have liked to see us get a good hitting prospect, but know one was in the market to deal one. And I think we're trying to build a solid, young staff, and with the guys we already have in the minors I could see us making some moves in the offseason to make some more deals

King_Killah
08-02-2011, 08:37 PM
The shock was that it was Cleveland. I'm happy to see him go there though, hope he, and the Tribe do well :beer:

The Rockies fan in me was thinking: "wow, we traded an MLB ace for basically three guys who we hope could one day be as good as the guy we traded for." But the baseball analyst in me knows it's a good deal. I would have liked to see us get a good hitting prospect, but know one was in the market to deal one. And I think we're trying to build a solid, young staff, and with the guys we already have in the minors I could see us making some moves in the offseason to make some more deals

Exactly... Word was the NYY was in on the bidding for Ubaldo and Boston made a minor inquiry for him, but it was Cleveland who came out on top.

Pomeranz has the potential to be a solid arm in the Rockies rotation. Alex White will be good too. Gardner may only get called up on an as needed basis and work the middle innings at that. Who knows... Maybe he'll get his game together. Didn't they also pick up a 1st base prospect?? I thought they got McBride, too??

two24four
07-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes Network is reporting the Yanks have traded for Ichiro.

Doctego
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes Network is reporting the Yanks have traded for Ichiro.

My wife just told me that. Interesting.

b_illin
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
$24mm/yr for Hamels! WTF???

two24four
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Philly had to pay him, if not the Dodgers would have in the off season.

Seems the Dodgers are in on everyone. They just got Hanley now it sounds like they are after about three or four more big names. The are the Yanks of the west with their $$$ now.

b_illin
07-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I guess so, that just seems to be $4-6mm+ more than he would warrant.

FlyGuy78
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Phillies trade Victorino to the Dodgers and are close to dealing Pence to the Giants.

phaneuf6
07-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Dempster to Rangers, Victorino to Dodgers, Pence confirmed to Giants, McGehee to Yankees.