PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Jackie

heliosj
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
:yes:

This is going to be a great series, I just caught the first episode on Showtime Ondemand.. I'm already hooked. Has anyone else seen it?

ih8music
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
never heard of it... comedy?

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I saw a billboard for it that made me laugh.. definitely wanted to check it out! Unfortunately I don't have showtime anymore :(

heliosj
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
never heard of it... comedy?Drama with some pretty light hearted moments.. As best as I can tell, it's about a nurse who is all too human. She has a drug addiction among lots of other personal issues, but seems to also be a really caring/capable nurse. I don't think they've said what city she works in, but it appears to be an urban Catholic hospital, which has it's own ironies/comedy value.

Seems to have some Sopranos influence, at least two of the characters are from the Sopranos & Oz. Edie Falco & the guy who played the family priest.

ih8music
06-02-2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.sho.com/site/nursejackie/home.do

ok... yeah, I've seen ads for it. I like Edie Falco - I'll have to check it out.

Doctego
06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I saw a billboard for it that made me laugh.. definitely wanted to check it out! Unfortunately I don't have showtime anymore :(

Showtime gave us a promo DVD. It's got Edie on the cover with a syringe. It says "Life is full of little pricks.".:D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Drama with some pretty light hearted moments.. As best as I can tell, it's about a nurse who is all too human. She has a drug addiction among lots of other personal issues, but seems to also be a really caring/capable nurse. I don't think they've said what city she works in, but it appears to be an urban Catholic hospital, which has it's own ironies/comedy value.

Seems to have some Sopranos influence, at least two of the characters are from the Sopranos & Oz. Edie Falco & the guy who played the family priest.

:scared:

Showtime gave us a promo DVD. It's got Edie on the cover with a syringe. It says "Life is full of little pricks.".:D

that's the one! :lol:

heliosj
06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
So I just watched Episode 2..

I'm highly confused. Anyone else seen it yet?

Doctego
06-09-2009, 04:36 PM
So I just watched Episode 2..

I'm highly confused. Anyone else seen it yet?

Nope. I have the "no Showtime" scenario. Trying to figure out a way to follow this show.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Nope. I have the "no Showtime" scenario. Trying to figure out a way to follow this show.

same here... I have a friend hooking me up online. Haven't watched them yet but I've got the first two episodes in .avi if you are interested.

HABS_FrEaK
06-10-2009, 12:29 AM

I watched both episodes on ninjavideo.net

I can see this one becoming a favorite. Showtime and HBO never stop with the great shows eh?

And Jeff are you confused because youre not sure if you like the show or is i something about the episode?

heliosj
06-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I think I need to go back and rewatch them both.. because I explained my confusion to my sister and she thinks I'm high. I might be confused because I watched the 5 minute preview. It's possible I'm thinking that things that happened in the first episode actually happened in the preview. :dunno:

I'll rewatch and see if I'm still confused.

heliosj
06-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that must be what happened. I watched the 5 minute preview and got it mixed it up with the first episode.

No confusion. Seems like it'll be a fun show.

heliosj
06-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Anyone.. ?

I love this show. It's 27 minutes of goodness.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-27-2009, 03:54 AM
hell yeah I love this show. Nurse Jackie is my hero! :D

ih8music
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
finally caught up on the show last night. I was a little underwhelmed with the season finale, but it at least set up a few interesting plot lines for coming episodes. has it been picked up for a 2nd season?

heliosj
08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Yup. Showtime ordered 12 more episodes after the premier of season 1.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Another season sounds awesome! Admittedly I am only a few episodes in but so far I am absolutely loving her style. Jax reminds me of.... well... many nurses that I know and love. :lol:

Not quite as edgy as Nurse Jackie but I am also getting into that show on TNT called HawthoRNe starring Jada Pinkett Smith. Thank goodness for DVR though bc otherwise I'd never find the time for this shit. :p

heliosj
03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
She's back.. season 3 starts tonight.

Unfortunately, I don't have Showtime right now, so I'll have to catch it some other way.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-28-2011, 05:16 PM
super stoked!

ih8music
03-28-2011, 05:41 PM
thanks for the heads up... will need to make sure the dvr is set.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
03-28-2011, 06:13 PM
my back has been acting up for a week. maybe I will pop an oxy or a vic while I sit down to watch. lol.

heliosj
04-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I wish the episodes were longer..

ih8music
04-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I think is season is more interesting and better written than the first two seasons already.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Seriously. Hour episodes would be no problem. They go by way too quickly as is. I seriously freaking love this show. I couldn't do half of the fucked up things that Jax does but I can see some of myself in her. Edie Falco is an amazing actress. :yes:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-23-2011, 04:39 PM
EXCITING NEWS! Nurse Jackie (http://www.facebook.com/NurseJackieonShowtime) has been renewed and will return for a fourth season to Showtime Networks (http://www.facebook.com/showtime)!

ih8music
05-24-2011, 03:31 PM
That is good news. I haven't been disappointed by a single episode this season.

heliosj
06-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm all caught up..

I thought for sure she was going to steal the pills off his body.. again.

Love this show, whoever writes it totally gets addiction.

Doctego
06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Is it in the middle of season 3?? I have 1 and 2 downloaded but haven't watched it yet.

heliosj
06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
They're up to episode 9 of 13 in season 3..

Doctego
06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
They're up to episode 9 of 13 in season 3..

Thanks. Guess I have some work to do.:p

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-08-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm all caught up..

I thought for sure she was going to steal the pills off his body.. again.

Love this show, whoever writes it totally gets addiction.

Same here!!!

I WOULD HAVE. :lol:

And yeah I agree. Everything from the writing to the cast makes this show a must watch. Really wish they would extend to 1hr episodes though!

WIS
06-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Not everyone is "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" - just ask "Nurse Jackie" star Edie Falco.
"Who the hell is Kim Kardashian?" Edie answered when asked if she watches reality televisionhttp://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-edie-falco-bashes-reality-tv-stars-who-hell-kim-kardashian?nc

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-09-2011, 02:19 AM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.accesshollywood.com/tv.accesshollywood.com-edie-falco-bashes-reality-tv-stars-who-hell-kim-kardashian?nc

She has a valid point. :yes:

heliosj
06-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Haha.. a point? She knocks it out of the park. It is frightening..

WIS
06-09-2011, 12:57 PM
She has a valid point. :yes:

Haha.. a point? She knocks it out of the park. It is frightening..
No like button? Well then :yes:

ih8music
06-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Everything from the writing to the cast makes this show a must watch.
re: cast -- I was kind of neutral about the kid actors until this most recent episode. The girl who plays the oldest daughter was really great.

One thing I'm not so thrilled about this season is how much of a caricature they've made both Akalitus and Cooper... I realize they're mostly there for comic relief, but lately it's seemed a bit over the top.

heliosj
06-22-2011, 02:27 PM
:lol:

Holy crap.. didn't see that coming.

Now we have to wait until "next year".. *sigh*

ih8music
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I actually didn't care for the "twist" all that much.

Came too far out of left field for me, and not really in a believable way -- unless he had an affair with Eddie, which would also be completely out of left field but at least that would be an interesting, funny & ironic twist. But something tells me they won't take it there.

I do like Jackie telling him to get out -- I wonder if she'll also "let" him have custody of the kids so she can be completely free now.

heliosj
06-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Just proves Kevin is even more naive than we thought..

Jackie almost seemed legitimately mad at him, which is rather ironic.