PDA

View Full Version : Offical MMA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

dw13
11-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I figured I'd start one since it's going to start coming up on alot of talking. Filho and Faber both fight on the WEC card on Wednesday. Lesner/Couture soon, etc.

Also Leben got busted for roids, gone for 9 months.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/ufc-flags-leben-for-steroid-use-15031

Dubz
11-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I knew Leben was a loser....ever since he broke the door like a foolish madman then cried like a baby after the he lost in TUF #1. Entertaining to watch his style of fighting though....which is basically "Im not losing any other way than by KO"

dw13
11-03-2008, 11:56 PM
I knew Leben was a loser....ever since he broke the door like a foolish madman then cried like a baby after the he lost in TUF #1. Entertaining to watch his style of fighting though....which is basically "Im not losing any other way than by KO"

I agree...

Good fighter, Iron chin but bitch boy and crys too much.

mrtybrodur30
11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
that same episode is when bobby southworth called leben a fatherless bastard and he flipped after him and koscheck got leben with the hose outside lmao that was probably the craziest episode of any season.

dw13
11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
http://sherdog.com/news/news/filho-misses-weight-for-wec-36-title-bout-15040

Filho misses weight by SEVEN pounds. Incredible.

mrtybrodur30
11-04-2008, 07:42 PM
http://sherdog.com/news/news/filho-misses-weight-for-wec-36-title-bout-15040

Filho misses weight by SEVEN pounds. Incredible.wow what an idiot

Zangetsu
11-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Good idea on the thread.

Too bad about Leben. He'll always be a controversial figure, but he's also been involved in some really entertaining fights.

In regards to Filho, you have to remember that he's also had problems with drugs/alcohol before. The guy is a great fighter, but he's not what I would call a professional. I wonder what will happen when the WEC and UFC merger is finalized. Dana won't put up with that kind of unprofessional behavior.

Zangetsu
11-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Denis Kang signs with UFC.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15614

He may be a bit of an unknown for many North American MMA fans, but I've watched him fight on numerous Japanese cards. He's very well rounded but has had fights where he just didn't look focused on his opponent. If he can deal with the spotlight of the UFC, he should be an immediate player in the UFC MW division.

dw13
11-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Denis Kang signs with UFC.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15614

He may be a bit of an unknown for many North American MMA fans, but I've watched him fight on numerous Japanese cards. He's very well rounded but has had fights where he just didn't look focused on his opponent. If he can deal with the spotlight of the UFC, he should be an immediate player in the UFC MW division.

Yeah I've watched some of his Japanese cards as well, very well rounded fighter and could be a decent fighter at the MW division.

In regards to Filho. It's the last fight at that weight in WEC, the least he could of done was miss by a couple pounds.. not 7. He needs to cut 4 pounds tonight to get the fight back on.

Zangetsu
11-05-2008, 12:37 AM
In regards to Filho. It's the last fight at that weight in WEC, the least he could of done was miss by a couple pounds.. not 7. He needs to cut 4 pounds tonight to get the fight back on.The title fight is off no matter what, though, right?

dw13
11-05-2008, 01:06 AM
The title fight is off no matter what, though, right?

I guess, but it doesn't matter.. its the last fight at that division in WEC. They are closing the division.

Zangetsu
11-05-2008, 05:38 PM
True, I guess it would simply be a matter for the record books.

dw13
11-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Well Urijah's unorthidox style comes back to bite him. Missed the spin-elbow, and Mike Brown's strength completely blew him apart.

Mike Brown is a serious contender, he has a great team behind him at Americas Top Team, and he is HUGE for a 145'er. Good fighter.

Filho was a complete joke and I'm happy he went out the way he did, on his ass losing. Whata joke of a fight.

Zangetsu
11-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Well Urijah's unorthidox style comes back to bite him. Missed the spin-elbow, and Mike Brown's strength completely blew him apart.

Mike Brown is a serious contender, he has a great team behind him at Americas Top Team, and he is HUGE for a 145'er. Good fighter.

Filho was a complete joke and I'm happy he went out the way he did, on his ass losing. Whata joke of a fight.Agreed

If Urijah stuck to his wrestling foundations he'd never lose, but he seems to be arrogant to the extent that he thinks he can stand with guys he shouldn't stand with. It worked against Pulver, but it came back to bite him tonight.

Filho's fight was a disgrace to the sport. It was obvious that Filho had no interest in fighting Sonnen. I'd previously been a supporter of Filho, but after his performance tonight, I wouldn't be disappointed if he never fought again.

dw13
11-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Agreed

If Urijah stuck to his wrestling foundations he'd never lose, but he seems to be arrogant to the extent that he thinks he can stand with guys he shouldn't stand with. It worked against Pulver, but it came back to bite him tonight.

Filho's fight was a disgrace to the sport. It was obvious that Filho had no interest in fighting Sonnen. I'd previously been a supporter of Filho, but after his performance tonight, I wouldn't be disappointed if he never fought again.

Agreed, I thought Urijah was doing a good job early dealing with Brown's strength, but then he just led himself into that hook. Stupid move, Urijah's unorthidox style is very good, but he should of tried to get that to the ground.

As for Filho, I couldn't agree more. I was telling a friend just beforeh is fight, if the guy is in shape he might be the best BJJ in the sport. He is just phenomnial, but tonight he put himself as a Dud in my book. He won't be touching the UFC, you won't hear Filho much anymore, if ever.

two24four
11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Well the fight we all knew was coming has been confirmed, GSP vs Penn, Super Bowl weekend.

http://tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=255523&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main

I'm pumped, cant wait for this fight, should be a great weekend with lots of :beer::beer:

dw13
11-14-2008, 08:07 PM
My UFC 91 Predictions: (Full Card):

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture - TKO
Kenny "Kenflo" Florian vs. Joe "Daddy" Stevenson - Decision
Demian Maia vs. Nate "The Rock" Quarry - Sub
Josh Hendricks vs. Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga - Sub
Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Jeremy Stephens - TKO
Alvin "Kid" Robinson vs. Mark Bocek - Sub
Dustin "McLovin" Hazelett vs. Tamden "Barncat" McCrory - Sub
Jorge Gurgel vs. Aaron Riley - Decision
Matt Brown vs. Ryan Thomas - Decision

I think Brock takes Randy to the ground and can punish him with his weight. I wouldn't be surprised at the least though if Randy locks him in something. We will also see Brocks chin I think.

I think if Maia doesn't get Nate to the ground early, he could have problems but Maia will even let Nate take top position and sub him out from the bottom.

Really happy Dustin Hazelett made it back up to the Maincard since Amir pulled out with his infection, I really like the kid and he is an up-comer, he should have an impressive win.

I think Fight of the Night will be Florian/Stevenson, they will battle all 3 rounds.

Looking forward to it!

two24four
11-15-2008, 01:43 AM
I think Randy will win, that's my prediction anyways, but I think deep down Dana will be real happy if Brock wins.

dw13
11-15-2008, 02:32 AM
I don't think it matters who wins... Nog will beat either of them. IMO.

two24four
11-15-2008, 02:34 AM
I don't think it matters who wins... Nog will beat either of them. IMO.

I agree, I just think Dana wants Brock as his poster child for abit.

Zangetsu
11-15-2008, 03:23 AM
I'm very torn on the main event. Lesnar has all the physical tools to dominate the much smaller Couture, but Randy is the ultimate cerebral fighter. Randy has been training with some huge guys at his camp and will come to the fight with an excellent game plan (as he always does). I find myself having a difficult time siding with one guy or the other in a prediction, but I think Randy has a slightly better chance of winning, if only because he will be better prepared for the fight.

Aside from the main event, the card doesn't jump out at me as a great UFC card, but the Ken-Flo/Stephens fight could be great.

I'll definitely be rooting for Tamdan McCrory in his fight against Hazelett. My buddy's brother trains at his gym, and I've heard nothing but good things about him. Amir's injury has given him an opportunity to fight on the main card, and a solid performance could propel him into the ranks of the contenders at 170lbs.

dw13
11-15-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm very torn on the main event. Lesnar has all the physical tools to dominate the much smaller Couture, but Randy is the ultimate cerebral fighter. Randy has been training with some huge guys at his camp and will come to the fight with an excellent game plan (as he always does). I find myself having a difficult time siding with one guy or the other in a prediction, but I think Randy has a slightly better chance of winning, if only because he will be better prepared for the fight.

Aside from the main event, the card doesn't jump out at me as a great UFC card, but the Ken-Flo/Stephens fight could be great.

I'll definitely be rooting for Tamdan McCrory in his fight against Hazelett. My buddy's brother trains at his gym, and I've heard nothing but good things about him. Amir's injury has given him an opportunity to fight on the main card, and a solid performance could propel him into the ranks of the contenders at 170lbs.

Dude I actually think this is a very nice card, Kenny Florians fight will be Fight of the Night... we all can see if Nate can keep it on the ground, or Maia get it to the ground with one of his famous submissions. Hazelett vs. Tamdan will be an underrated fight.. and we get to see 2 Heavyweight fights. I'm pretty happy about it :D

two24four
11-15-2008, 01:08 PM

I agree, other then the Lesner vs Couture fight, and the Ken-Flo vs Stephens fight, I'm not really jacked about any of the other fights as much.

Now the card Dec 27th is full of great fights.

Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir

Wanderlei Silva vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Cheick Kongo vs Mustapha Al-Turk

Matt Hamill vs Reese Andy

Now that's a card, and that's not even all the fights.

Zangetsu
11-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree, other then the Lesner vs Couture fight, and the Ken-Flo vs Stephens fight, I'm not really jacked about any of the other fights as much.

Now the card Dec 27th is full of great fights.

Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir

Wanderlei Silva vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Cheick Kongo vs Mustapha Al-Turk

Matt Hamill vs Reese Andy

Now that's a card, and that's not even all the fights.The anticipation of this card (despite the cheesy "UFC: The Ultimate" name) is probably what is preventing me from getting really excited about tonight's card. I'm sure I'll enjoy tonight's fights, but that December card has three fights that would headline any other card.

dw13
11-16-2008, 12:47 AM
A quick night tonight and I about hit every fight dead on, even the outcomes of how they would win.

My boy KenFlo looks AWESOME going into his BJ Fight.

Brock was too much to handle, he almost pushes the limits of the heavyweight size to be honest. 45 pounds more is ALOT.

CayugaPosse
11-16-2008, 12:49 AM
A quick night tonight and I about hit every fight dead on, even the outcomes of how they would win.

Brock was too much to handle, he almost pushes the limits of the heavyweight size to be honest. 45 pounds more is ALOT.

Try 60-70 pounds more. Lesnar has to cut like 25+ pounds just to get down to the 265 needed to legally be a heavyweight. He weighs around 280 at fight time.

dw13
11-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Try 60-70 pounds more. Lesnar has to cut like 25+ pounds just to get down to the 265 needed to legally be a heavyweight. He weighs around 280 at fight time.

I'd put him 275 max at fight time, even the small guys can only put on 7-10 in 24-36 hours pre-fight.

Also Randy looked like was BARELY 220, he didn't look big at all.. I know no one does vs. Brock but he looked alot smaller than previously.

two24four
11-16-2008, 02:00 PM
That was a fast night, kind of boring really, sucked having to watch some of the pre-taped fights from before just to kill some time.

dw13
11-16-2008, 02:14 PM
That was a fast night, kind of boring really, sucked having to watch some of the pre-taped fights from before just to kill some time.

I agree.. but I was happy to see Matt Brown.

Farmerbob42
11-16-2008, 02:36 PM
sucked amir couldn't fight, hope he's better for the next one

dw13
11-17-2008, 02:13 AM
sucked amir couldn't fight, hope he's better for the next one

Amir is a subpar fighter than went on a good streak on TUF, IMO. I have no clue how him and CB were both lined up for Main-card appearences on back to back UFC's.

Zangetsu
11-17-2008, 02:21 AM
CB is a legitimate fighter in the vein of Koscheck and Evans. He's a wrestler who has committed to MMA. Amir surprised everybody with his success on TUF. He could end up losing all of his UFC fights, or he could wind up proving all of his critics wrong. Personally, I think Amir has a ton of heart but has limited athletic/technical ability. Whether his heart can carry him to success or not is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Amir struggle against legitimate MMA fighters.

Zangetsu
11-17-2008, 02:35 AM

I've always been a fan of Florian, and he looked like a champion in the fight against Stevenson.

I definitely thought that the short fights took away from the total quality of the event. We saw almost all of the preliminary fights, and that is not a good thing.

My friend's bro was watching the event at my place and was definitely upset when Tamdan lost. McCrory had the advantage on his feet but was at the mercy of Hazelett's BJJ on the ground.

As far as the main event is concerned, I thought that Couture would try to extend the fight in an effort to expose Lesnar's cardio. It seemed as if that was his gameplan, but he was randomly caught. Lesnar capitalized and was able to finish the fight, but I like either Mir or Nog against Lesnar in the unification bout. Dana will make the most of Lesnar's short lived stardom, but other than his size, Lesnar is nothing special.

dw13
11-17-2008, 02:35 AM
CB is a legitimate fighter in the vein of Koscheck and Evans. He's a wrestler who has committed to MMA. Amir surprised everybody with his success on TUF. He could end up losing all of his UFC fights, or he could wind up proving all of his critics wrong. Personally, I think Amir has a ton of heart but has limited athletic/technical ability. Whether his heart can carry him to success or not is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Amir struggle against legitimate MMA fighters.

I agree with both comments on CB and Amir. I do think CB could be a legit fighter in the UFC, but I don't think he has hit that plateau yet. They were going to put Amir's fight on the card over that HAZELETT fight. Dustin Hazelett is the REAL DEAL already, Amir hasn't done anything. That would of been a real drag..

As for CB, He is fight Massenzio and they are putting that on the Main Card in the Forrest/Evans fight over Okami vs. Lister which could very well be Okami's prefight to Silva.. wouldn't the world like to see that live?

Zangetsu
11-17-2008, 02:50 AM
I agree with both comments on CB and Amir. I do think CB could be a legit fighter in the UFC, but I don't think he has hit that plateau yet. They were going to put Amir's fight on the card over that HAZELETT fight. Dustin Hazelett is the REAL DEAL already, Amir hasn't done anything. That would of been a real drag..

As for CB, He is fight Massenzio and they are putting that on the Main Card in the Forrest/Evans fight over Okami vs. Lister which could very well be Okami's prefight to Silva.. wouldn't the world like to see that live?You have to remember that the UFC is a business first and a competition second. Fights make the main card based on how many viewers they will bring to the event. While hardcore fans like us would like to see the best fights possible, there are hundreds of thousands of MMA "fans" who would rather watch a guy they've seen before than a guy like Okami who has had success outside of the American market. I argree that the Okami fight (and others) should make the main card over the CB fight (and others), but I trust Joe Silva. I think he'll schedule the fights that will best serve the sport and will balance the needs of the hardcore community while providing the mainstream with the popular names that they desire.

dw13
11-17-2008, 02:54 AM
You have to remember that the UFC is a business first and a competition second. Fights make the main card based on how many viewers they will bring to the event. While hardcore fans like us would like to see the best fights possible, there are hundreds of thousands of MMA "fans" who would rather watch a guy they've seen before than a guy like Okami who has had success outside of the American market. I argree that the Okami fight (and others) should make the main card over the CB fight (and others), but I trust Joe Silva. I think he'll schedule the fights that will best serve the sport and will balance the needs of the hardcore community while providing the mainstream with the popular names that they desire.

Oh you are completely dead on. It's what TUF did for UFC. More people that see CB on a Card, after they watched TUF(for the first time) will be tempted into buying it. Obviously, I'm a pretty hardcore watcher and fan, as are you. I just think they should reward me over them :D It's all good, Okami/Lister will be shown 1st after the Main event I'm sure.

By the way, who do you like Evans or Forrest? I really think if Forrest doesn't let Rashad shoot and take him down he should win. He could go into the fight with his same plan he had against Rampage. Chip at his legs, and then when its on the ground take top position. Forrests BJJ is extremely underrated, and he is one of the best ground and pounders in the business. I'd LOVE to see Forrest pull this off... I really want to see Lyoto vs. Griffin.

Farmerbob42
11-17-2008, 03:09 AM
amir beat CB the same way twice and yet he's the subpar fighter and cb is legite? I kinda combined the two posts, but eih. see how he does, i like him so i want to see him have a chance, its up to him, it doesn't matter what i say, i just know i liked him on the show and hope he does ok

dw13
11-17-2008, 03:11 AM
amir beat CB the same way twice and yet he's the subpar fighter and cb is legite? I kinda combined the two posts, but eih. see how he does, i like him so i want to see him have a chance, its up to him, it doesn't matter what i say, i just know i liked him on the show and hope he does ok

Oh man, I wasn't trying to cut you down at all. I like many of fighters that alot of people don't have a fighting chance. Hell, I know Florian is a big name but I've been on him since day 1 as well. Amir is a very respectable guy, and he does have a chance to be a good fighter. I just don't see it to this point. But who did at TUF as well?

Wasn't trying to bash you bob, sorry if it came off that way man

Zangetsu
11-17-2008, 03:24 AM
Oh you are completely dead on. It's what TUF did for UFC. More people that see CB on a Card, after they watched TUF(for the first time) will be tempted into buying it. Obviously, I'm a pretty hardcore watcher and fan, as are you. I just think they should reward me over them :D It's all good, Okami/Lister will be shown 1st after the Main event I'm sure.

By the way, who do you like Evans or Forrest? I really think if Forrest doesn't let Rashad shoot and take him down he should win. He could go into the fight with his same plan he had against Rampage. Chip at his legs, and then when its on the ground take top position. Forrests BJJ is extremely underrated, and he is one of the best ground and pounders in the business. I'd LOVE to see Forrest pull this off... I really want to see Lyoto vs. Griffin.I personally have a grudge against Rashad, so I don't know if I'm the best person to ask about one of his fights. That being said, I think Forrest is somewhat overrated himself (might have something to do with how big a fan I am of "Shogun" Rua). Still, I really think that the Forrest/Evans fight could be one for the ages. Rashad is ridiculously athletic and Forrest is tough as they come.

You seem to think that Forrest owns the advantage standing up, but Rashad has shown in his past few fights that he has considerable finishing ability on his feet. However, even if the fight goes to the ground, I like Forrest's BJJ over Rashad's, so I doubt Rashad will try too hard to get the fight to the ground. In the end, I think this fight will be one of those fights that both hardcore and casual fans enjoy, becuase both fighters will be aggressive from the start.

Yes, Machida/Griffin would be entertaining, but as much as I despise Rashad, I think he could give Machida fits, as well. The LHW division is definitely one of the UFC's deeper divisions right now, and I am definitely excited to see how the next few fights pan out.

dw13
11-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Yeah I don't want Rashad vs. Lyoto, because Lyoto couldn't do his new named fighting style "The Machida" to him, and keep him guessing. But I'm surprised to hear you don't think Rashad will want to bring it to the ground, his wrestling is far, far above Forrests, but I guess Forrests BJJ cancels that out. I do think Evans has some underrated punching power, but I tend to look past that vicious KO of Liddell because Liddell was folded up bad not too long before that Evans fight as well.

Evans really IMO, has not so great of a resume. He split with Bisping who looks a hell of a lot better down a class, he drew with Tito (I think?) has beaten Bonnar and KO'd Liddell obviously. I think this is a big step up to Forrest, who I do agree can be a bit overrated.

The thing about Forrest that he showed against Rampage, he FINALLY went in the ring controlled and with a gameplan. He normally is just a man possessed and looks for blood. He was so controlled against Rampage it makes Forrest REAL scary.

Zangetsu
11-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Yeah I don't want Rashad vs. Lyoto, because Lyoto couldn't do his new named fighting style "The Machida" to him, and keep him guessing. But I'm surprised to hear you don't think Rashad will want to bring it to the ground, his wrestling is far, far above Forrests, but I guess Forrests BJJ cancels that out. I do think Evans has some underrated punching power, but I tend to look past that vicious KO of Liddell because Liddell was folded up bad not too long before that Evans fight as well.

Evans really IMO, has not so great of a resume. He split with Bisping who looks a hell of a lot better down a class, he drew with Tito (I think?) has beaten Bonnar and KO'd Liddell obviously. I think this is a big step up to Forrest, who I do agree can be a bit overrated.

The thing about Forrest that he showed against Rampage, he FINALLY went in the ring controlled and with a gameplan. He normally is just a man possessed and looks for blood. He was so controlled against Rampage it makes Forrest REAL scary.
I really hope Forrest figures out a gameplan for Rashad. As much as I like to think of myself as an objective MMA observer, I really don't like Rashad. Rashad is likely stronger and faster than Forrest, but Forrest is tougher and has shown that he possesses a more complete game. Forrest could win in a number of ways, but his brawling stand-up style could also come back to bite him in this fight.

WinnipegWingnut
11-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Lesnar is nothing special.

Wow... have to disagree with this Zang. Lesner just has to work on his endurance, holds and submission and he is going to be unstoppable. The guy is amazingly athletic and fast as hell for a big man. He can overpower pretty much every fighter in the UFC, he just needs to work on his submission moves and his defense of submission moves.

Sounds like it'll be Mir they put him up against next, which should be interesting to see now that Lesner has had quite a bit more training in MMA since Mir beat him. This fight I am loking forward to.

As for the fight Saturday, Randy just looked like he was getting overpowered hard. I was hoping that Randy could pull it off, but common sense told me that it wont happen with a 45 pounts weight advantage. Lesners main weakness is his defense, but Couture had a hard time getting those big ass limbs of Brocks into a submission. Have to remember Lesner is a wrestler, and is not completely out of his element on the ground. His stand up game looked impressive too, as he was definitely using his reach advantage alot.

Lesner should be the top guy in UFC for a few years, as he is only going to get better and better.

two24four
11-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Lesner should be the top guy in UFC for a few years, as he is only going to get better and better.

I think Nog can beat Lesner.

dw13
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Nog can still beat him, Mir still would have a shot on the ground with him... and the up and comers in Carwin and Cain both have the size to give him problems with that as well. I wouldn't yet say that Lesnar is the best HW in the UFC yet.

two24four
11-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Nog can still beat him, Mir still would have a shot on the ground with him... and the up and comers in Carwin and Cain both have the size to give him problems with that as well. I wouldn't yet say that Lesnar is the best HW in the UFC yet.

Agreed.

dw13
11-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Rumor: UFC 95 Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13268/report-anderson-silva-could-headline-ufc-95-against-chuck-liddell.mma

two24four
11-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Rumor: UFC 95 Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13268/report-anderson-silva-could-headline-ufc-95-against-chuck-liddell.mma

Are you kidding me, what a joke, Dana needs to stop this shit with Liddell, he's not the fighter he once was, Silva will eat him alive IMO.

dw13
11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Are you kidding me, what a joke, Dana needs to stop this shit with Liddell, he's not the fighter he once was, Silva will eat him alive IMO.

Yeah I agree, plus it doesn't make sense for UFC as a whole. If Silva kills Liddell it will put him into retirement, and if somehow Liddell catches Silva.. then Silva now drops from the P4P rankings, and the UFC stud MMA'er is going to be frowned upon.

Rumors are rumors though... I much rather see Maia vs. Silva already although Maia has called out Bisping and that might be the fight to see who gets Silva next? or after Okami if he beats Lister?

ih8music
11-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah I agree, plus it doesn't make sense for UFC as a whole. If Silva kills Liddell it will put him into retirement, and if somehow Liddell catches Silva.. then Silva now drops from the P4P rankings, and the UFC stud MMA'er is going to be frowned upon.

I'm sure they're hoping for a tough-fought victory by Silva over Liddell. Just another passing of the guard for Silva.

And even if Silva dominates Chuck, I doubt that's going to change much for either fighters image. Silva is already considered the best in the UFC, so beating Liddell should come as no surprise. And as long a Chuck doesn't literally get killed (or seriously injured), he'll still be "The Iceman" and will have UFC card appeal as long as he wants to fight (see Couture, Randy).

The only way this would be bad for the UFC is if Liddell catches Silva somehow and makes him look bad. Highly unlikely, but even if that were to happen, from a ratings/interest perspective, that would be a boon for the UFC (comeback of a former great, Silva needing to reestablish himself, etc.) It might weaken Silva's street cred/p4p rankings... but last time I checked, that doesn't bring in PPV money.

two24four
11-17-2008, 02:17 PM
I dont see Liddell getting out of the 1st round vs Silva if this fight does happen.

Liddell should almost retire now, but he's Dana's boy so we know he wont.

dw13
11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm sure they're hoping for a tough-fought victory by Silva over Liddell. Just another passing of the guard for Silva.

And even if Silva dominates Chuck, I doubt that's going to change much for either fighters image. Silva is already considered the best in the UFC, so beating Liddell should come as no surprise. And as long a Chuck doesn't literally get killed (or seriously injured), he'll still be "The Iceman" and will have UFC card appeal as long as he wants to fight (see Couture, Randy).

The only way this would be bad for the UFC is if Liddell catches Silva somehow and makes him look bad. Highly unlikely, but even if that were to happen, from a ratings/interest perspective, that would be a boon for the UFC (comeback of a former great, Silva needing to reestablish himself, etc.) It might weaken Silva's street cred/p4p rankings... but last time I checked, that doesn't bring in PPV money.

Liddell will be done if he loses this one by KO. He has been knocked out on a regular basis now, and he will duck his head and walk away with a nice check from Dana.

Silva's P4P rankings surely do help PPV money, he has quickly risen to one of the most popular fighters amoung even semi-fans that know a bit about the sport. I'm not worried about Anderson loosing though, never puts himself in bad positions. I don't think he should be fighting 205 though, considering he won't fight Lyoto and he is on the fast track to the 205 title shot.

I want to see either Okami vs. Silva, or Maia vs. Silva. I think they are the two that pose "somewhat" of a challenge to him.

Zangetsu
11-17-2008, 03:11 PM
WW, Regarding my comment about Lesnar, I did qualify my statement saying, "other than his size," but I still do think he is just a wrestler, not a mixed martial artist. He is powerful and fast, but that won't mean much when he's on his back. And yes, I definitely think Nogueira will beat Mir and then Lesnar to unify the title.

I understand why rumors like the Silva/Liddell fight would be popping up. Silva is running out of guys to fight. That being said, the fight would be a joke. Liddell's stand up game is so predictable at this point that Silva would make him look ridiculous.

two24four
11-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Both Penn and GSP where at the Leafs game tonight, and both will be on The Score tomorrow along with Dana White at 2pm live.

Farmerbob42
11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
i didnt see the fight, but did lesnar figure out how to ground and pound? his fight before this one he could get the guy into a great position, he just didnt seem to want to do anything.

any word on ufc 100? they better have some sweet stuff coming up for that.

dw13
11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
i didnt see the fight, but did lesnar figure out how to ground and pound? his fight before this one he could get the guy into a great position, he just didnt seem to want to do anything.

any word on ufc 100? they better have some sweet stuff coming up for that.

Lesnar was not impressive on the ground. Couture was much better. Lesnar BJJ is getting atleast somewhat decent. Which he will need much much more along the road.

MTR
11-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Well Fedor has challenged Lesner to a fight it would seem. Not that is going to happen or anything otherwise we would have seen Fedor and Couture fight.

dw13
11-20-2008, 12:41 AM
In a SHOCKING move, UFC Cuts Jon Fitch who went 5 with GSP for the belt not long ago.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/ufc-cuts-fitch-15235

two24four
11-20-2008, 01:00 AM
In a SHOCKING move, UFC Cuts Jon Fitch who went 5 with GSP for the belt not long ago.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/ufc-cuts-fitch-15235

Hardcore sports radio is trying to get Fitch on tonight, in the next hour.

Edit: He's on right now.

dw13
11-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Well I got the scoop. There was a Merchandise between UFC and American Kickingboxing Association (most know Fitch and Josh Koscheck). Yes, Koscheck will also be kicked out if he stays with AKA, and most MMA fighters have pride in their gym, so I don't think Kos will leave. He will fight Yoshida still because they will respect him for coming to fight Alves before that on 2 weeks noticed, but he will be cut.

This is bad for the UFC, this is very bad.

CayugaPosse
11-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Well I got the scoop. There was a Merchandise between UFC and American Kickingboxing Association (most know Fitch and Josh Koscheck). Yes, Koscheck will also be kicked out if he stays with AKA, and most MMA fighters have pride in their gym, so I don't think Kos will leave. He will fight Yoshida still because they will respect him for coming to fight Alves before that on 2 weeks noticed, but he will be cut.

This is bad for the UFC, this is very bad.

No...he'll headline that card because it's a charity thing for the troops and UFC wouldn't want to suddenly replace one of the headlines on that card because of a money grab, it's just bad business.

Look, I love the UFC, but I don't have to love the way it's run.

This whole story makes Dana White look like an absolute peice of scum. He's trash, and cutting Jon Fitch is silly.

dw13
11-20-2008, 03:21 AM
No...he'll headline that card because it's a charity thing for the troops and UFC wouldn't want to suddenly replace one of the headlines on that card because of a money grab, it's just bad business.

Look, I love the UFC, but I don't have to love the way it's run.

This whole story makes Dana White look like an absolute peice of scum. He's trash, and cutting Jon Fitch is silly.

Uhh, no wrong. He won't be removed because he bailed UFC out by fighting Alves. They could easily find another person to fight Yoshida. Considering the fight isn't in contention for any division belt.

They are paying dues to Kos since he bailed them out.

The more I read this story, yes Dana looks bad... but he is somewhat in the right. If he was getting jiped out of money/merchandise... He is Business 1st, Fan second.

dw13
11-20-2008, 03:31 AM
“We’re looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I’m just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it’s not even funny,” White told Yahoo Sports. “Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren’t partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them.”

Started all over a Video Game. That's a shame.

CayugaPosse
11-20-2008, 04:03 AM
Uhh, no wrong. He won't be removed because he bailed UFC out by fighting Alves. They could easily find another person to fight Yoshida. Considering the fight isn't in contention for any division belt.

They are paying dues to Kos since he bailed them out.

The more I read this story, yes Dana looks bad... but he is somewhat in the right. If he was getting jiped out of money/merchandise... He is Business 1st, Fan second.

Let me get this straight. Dana White is starting this tirade over a video game and you think that Dana cares about what Josh just did? If it's not readily apparant to you yet, Dana White could give 2 shits less about any fighter in the UFC. He's scum, and none of these guys matter to him.

The only reason is again, they're fighting for Charity for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, and they have been advertising Josh Koschek as the headline of that event since they announced it. It would look like absolute trash and be a PR nightmare for them if they suddenly replaced him because of this.

dw13
11-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Let me get this straight. Dana White is starting this tirade over a video game and you think that Dana cares about what Josh just did? If it's not readily apparant to you yet, Dana White could give 2 shits less about any fighter in the UFC. He's scum, and none of these guys matter to him.

The only reason is again, they're fighting for Charity for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, and they have been advertising Josh Koschek as the headline of that event since they announced it. It would look like absolute trash and be a PR nightmare for them if they suddenly replaced him because of this.

Thanks for making my point about Dana not caring about anything but money. Which is the reason why he is letting Kos fight that fight. He bailed him out and made him money with the Alves fight. Dana released the damn statement about why he is letting him fight. It isn't about the Fallen Heroes Fund (which I love the idea), its because he bailed him out with the Alves fight. Also, it's giving Kos time to possibly switch gyms (which he won't).

You just argued my point man, Dana himself said all of this. Fitch also confirmed it.

b_illin
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I can't find any video of the Lesnar/Couture fight - they all seem to have been taken down. Anybody have a link so I can see?

two24four
11-20-2008, 12:53 PM
I also cant believe this is all over a video game.

Like I said Hardcore sports radio had Fitch on last night, he was in shock, he really had no idea what just happend.

I guess they want to get this video game out as soon as they can before another MMA group does, I guess other people have talked about doing this as well, it's just Dana being Dana, he does know how to piss people off.

ih8music
11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
I can't find any video of the Lesnar/Couture fight - they all seem to have been taken down. Anybody have a link so I can see?
http://mmavideopost.com/ufc/randy-couture-brock-lesnar/

dw13
11-21-2008, 02:36 AM
http://sherdog.com/news/news/fitch-back-in-ufc-fold-15249

Fitch back in good graces of Dana and the UFC. Jon Fitch is back.

Hope this is sealed for all AKA's, I know Cain + Kos wasn't kicked out yet so this is good stuff. Thank god.

Zangetsu
11-22-2008, 04:53 PM
http://sherdog.com/news/news/fitch-back-in-ufc-fold-15249

Fitch back in good graces of Dana and the UFC. Jon Fitch is back.

Hope this is sealed for all AKA's, I know Cain + Kos wasn't kicked out yet so this is good stuff. Thank god.The end result of this whole thing is that Dana winds up looking like an asshole. While this isn't anything new, I thought that it was interesting how it took intervention from Lorenzo Fertitta to get the whole thing settled.

Hockeyis#1
11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Technically NOT UFC, but MMA....bah whatever....

Anyone know when Carlos Condit's next fight is?

two24four
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Little off topic, but I had no idea GSP was dating Mandy Moore.

dw13
12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Little off topic, but I had no idea GSP was dating Mandy Moore.

Shes a huge MMA supporter.

In other news, Tapia vs. Torres tonight in the WEC event.

dw13
12-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Torres is really damn good.

Zangetsu
12-04-2008, 06:39 AM
I've been ridiculously busy with school work, so I've only seen the first fight (DVR'd the rest), but I was pretty impressed with Benavidez. I saw his one fight in Dream, but the guy they had him fight was not in the same league athletically, so it was difficult to gauge how good the kid really was. He's only 23 and seems to have a ton of potential.

BTW, can't wait to watch the Torres fight. I've only started following his career, but his last couple of fights have instantly made him one of my favorite guys to watch in all of MMA.

dw13
12-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Rumor has Clay Guida vs. Nate Diaz at UFC 94 (GSP/BJ II)

Would make for an absolute SICK card.

GSP/BJ II
Machida/T. Silva
Fitch/Gono
Guida/Nate

Then for the 5th fight... Bonnar/Jon Jones or Karo/DHK.

Wow.

dw13
12-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Not to mention that Wednesday is the Faber/Pulver II, and Cerrone vs. Varner in the WEC event.

MMMMMM :D

dw13
12-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Frankie Edgar suffered an injury and isn't fighting tonight in the fight for the troops. Damnit.

dw13
12-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Impressed by Mike Swick and Josh Koscheck... and Steve Cantwell for that matter.

two24four
12-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Wow, great punch(s) from Koscheck, great fight for him, pretty much took Yoshida's head off, that's what he needed.

Swick looked good as well.

dw13
12-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Koscheck is fine. Yoshida was a suspect fight.. but he made quick work of it. The Alves fight by no means is an indiction on where Koscheck stands in that WW division. I would put him neck and neck with his good friend Fitch for the 3rd best WW in the UFC.

two24four
12-10-2008, 11:51 PM
The more I watch Koscheck fight, the more I become a fan of his.

two24four
12-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Also how about Steve Cantwell pretty much breaking (if he did not) Razak Al-Hassan's arm, that was sick to watch, like tap out dude.

dw13
12-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Also how about Steve Cantwell pretty much breaking (if he did not) Razak Al-Hassan's arm, that was sick to watch, like tap out dude.

Haha I've seen Cantwell a couple times in the WEC. He is a solid fighter, that was pretty sick though. I've seen worse :lol:

Farmerbob42
12-11-2008, 05:11 PM
is anyone else bored with the ultimate fighter finale machups? i dont think they'll be that great and probably both one sided...

dw13
12-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I do think Phillipe should dominate Efrain, and I think if Bader tries to just lay and pray that Vinny will submit him. Both could of either way though, Phillipe hasn't been tested like Efrain will (although Phillipe just got his BJJ blackbelt)

two24four
12-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm looking forward to watching it Saturday night.

Jake
12-13-2008, 04:48 PM
IF Vinny doen not dominate Bader in the two minutes I would be shocked.... Nover should kill Efferain as well, but I am pretty confident the Bader fight will be quick and one sided. Junie proves being a douche bag gets you more coverage, I still cant believe they are televising his dumb ass again. He was pretty boring in the octagon IMO.

dw13
12-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Junie will put fans in the stands, plain and simple. Dana is a business man. There is a reason why CB Dollaway is fighting on the main card on the 27th, and not the Okami/Lister fight. Because if you are not "hardcore" into MMA, you don't know much about Okami/Lister.. but if you watched TUF you know CB.

I agree, Junie is nothing special but he is a nutjob and will put asses in the seats.

I agree that Bader should get beat, I think he will try to lay and pray and he will be submitted by Vinny.

Efrain is a tough dude, but Nover just flat out is better. I expect him to pick him apart then bring it to the ground and rear naked choke.

I'm ready for tonight!

I hope Junie beats Kaplan BTW.

two24four
12-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah tonight should be good for sure. I'm also looking forward to the Jason "The Athlete" MacDonald vs Wilson Gouveia fight tonight.

I hope they show the Soszynski vs Primm fight, I would not mind seeing it.

dw13
12-13-2008, 05:05 PM
They might depending on how fast the fights go, they might show some undercard. Anthony Johnson gets to fight again after that freak poke in the eye, he is a good talent. Will be fun.

dw13
12-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Well I knew Efrain would come in prepared.. and he had a much better camp than Phillipe and it really showed. Might be time to give up his Brooklyn gym and go find a better camp to fight prep with. Congrats to Efrain though, well deserved he came up with an awesome game plan.

Bader showed huge strength with that shot to the back of the ear to knock Vinny down.. pretty impressive stand up game. He is a huge 205er and could develope quickly.

Anthony Johnsons KO was great, and I was happy to see it. I don't like Burns and AJ had the last fight before the poke in the eye to give Burns the TKO.

Gouviea was pretty good against MacDonald.. sorry 24.

Junie was AWESOME, he showed the talent he has. Looks like someone got him under his wing out there in Extreme Couture and Junie could be a good fighter. He had awesome striking.. I'm not taking it as a big win though, Kraplan isn't that great.

All-in-all a pretty good night of fights.

two24four
12-14-2008, 01:06 AM
That was a great night of fights if you ask me.

Junie was great, I'm not a big fan of the dude, but he was ready right from the start, throwing some huge bombs, kid can fight.

I was glad to see Bader win his fight, that's who I was rooting for, I was the only one out of all the people I watched it with tonight rooting for him I might add :D I look forward to watching him fight more.

Yeah it sucked watching MacDonald lose, he got beat down pretty bad, shitty.

I did not think Phillipe would lose, Efrain had his number tonight, that's for sure.

dw13
12-14-2008, 01:46 AM
I hope to hear soon Phillipe joins up at a big time gym. I know he wants to be loyal to his, but if he wants to make it big time. He will do this.

Farmerbob42
12-16-2008, 12:34 AM
i think nover will still have a better career. And junie was hurt and had no cardio on the show, thats why he was saying he didnt want to fight cos he felt less prepared then if he wasn't on the show. he came prepared and did well. I think the show messed with him, he probably has some issues but outside the show i dont think he's as douchebagish

dw13
12-16-2008, 12:37 AM
i think nover will still have a better career. And junie was hurt and had no cardio on the show, thats why he was saying he didnt want to fight cos he felt less prepared then if he wasn't on the show. he came prepared and did well. I think the show messed with him, he probably has some issues but outside the show i dont think he's as douchebagish

I mostly agree. I think Junie isn't such a nutjob and he did alot of it on purpose. He has great hands and Thompkins is an awesome coach to be with. He will have great camps in his side before every fight.

As for Nover.. as I have said before, he will need to leave his current gym for a big time gym if he ever wants to compete at a high level. He has all the talent in the world, and a fresh new black belt in BJJ, Efrain is no slouch though and he is very young as well. They both have careers in the UFC.

two24four
12-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Junie said himself after his fight Saturday that he did play it up alittle more while he was in the house for TV, he even told Mir he was sorry for all the shit he started.

I look forward to watching him fight again, I really liked his fight the other night.

dw13
12-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Mir IMO was a bigger asshole the whole show than Junie. I've always hated Frank but even more after this season. Big Nog is gonna give him the biz.

two24four
12-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah I dont see Nog losing to Mir Dec 27th.

dw13
12-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Nog manhandles anyone his size. He had a little trouble with Sylvia's size/striking before tapping him.. but Mir should be no problem for Nog.

Zangetsu
12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
If Minotauro doesn't finish Mir in the early rounds, he'll definitely have better cardio than Mir, giving him a huge advantage as the fight goes into the 3rd-5th rounds. That being said, the only chance Mir has of winning this fight would be to KO the unKO-able Nogueira.

dw13
12-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I hope Wandi beats Rampage again.

Zangetsu
12-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm really looking forward to that fight. Hell, I look forward to any Wanderlei fight. Even when he loses, his style almost always equates to exciting fights.

two24four
12-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I hope Rampage wins that fight.

dw13
12-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I want Wandi to win for the third time. His cardio is going to be better than Rampages, although that shouldn't come into an affect in a 3 rounder. It'll be interesting to see that Criminal Rampage back in the cage. I think the winner of this fight should get the winner of Lyoto/T.Silva.

dw13
12-20-2008, 02:11 AM
edit: wrong thread

WinnipegWingnut
12-23-2008, 02:27 PM
GSP was named Sportsnet Canadian Athlete of the year. Congrats Georges!

two24four
12-23-2008, 03:15 PM
GSP was named Sportsnet Canadian Athlete of the year. Congrats Georges!

Yeah saw this yesterday, that's awesome for him.

dw13
12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Predictions for this weekend: (I did good last event)

Forest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
Antonio Nogueria vs. Frank Mir
Rampage Jackson vs. Wandi Silva
CB Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
Cheick Kongo vs. Mustapha Al-Turk
Dean Lister vs. Yushin Okami
Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy

two24four
12-24-2008, 01:08 AM
UFC comes back to Montreal in April.

Kind of shitty GSP wont be on the card though.

two24four
12-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Predictions for this weekend: (I did good last event)

Forest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
Antonio Nogueria vs. Frank Mir
Rampage Jackson vs. Wandi Silva
CB Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
Cheick Kongo vs. Mustapha Al-Turk
Dean Lister vs. Yushin Okami
Brad Blackburn vs. Ryo Chonan
Matt Hamill vs. Reese Andy

I agree with all these picks but one. I know it's risky, but I'm taking Rampage over Silva tonight.

I hope we get a chance tonight to see the Kongo and Hamill fights tonight as well.

dw13
12-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Kongo is on the maincard. I'm just pissed the Okami/Lister fight isn't on the maincard.

Hockeyis#1
12-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking Evans over Griffin, but agree on the others.

mrtybrodur30
12-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking Evans over Griffin, but agree on the others.im thinking that as well but ill be going for griffin, hopefully he can win this one. also cant wait for the nog fight, should be a good one. nog is a beast!

great card hopefully the fights are the same.

:beer::beer::beer:enjoy everyone!

dw13
12-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Honestly, disappointed. Awesome card but I didn't do too well on my picks.

Nog looked absolutely gased on fighting in general.. Mir's striking was improved and he knocked out the impossible. Congrats to him and good luck against Brock..

Simply disappointed in Forrest, he was controlling the first two rounds, staying outside and chipping away at Rashad. He got it to the ground, where I thought he could stay in a bit of control but instead he put it into a lazy guard, which he rarely closed and Rashad was postered up the whole time absolutely blasting him. Congrats to Shad.... and I think if Machida beats on Thiago Silva, maybe Machida vs. Rampage for another shot? Or do we get Page/Griffin II? Myself, I think Machida is in line for a shot soon..

CB looked good, took a punch and slipped a choke to beat his rival.

Okami beat Lister UD, which I thought would happen. Okami might get a big step up before maybe getting Anderson Silva.

Good night of fights, just not for me.

Dubz
12-28-2008, 02:20 AM
of course I missed the Kongo fight:wtf: but was lucky enough to see the rest. Good picks on Rashad Evans and Quinton Rampage to win guys. Those were tough to call. I was in both corners but wasnt positive either one would win.. Mir was a highlight tonight.....sets up a great re-match. I noticed Lesnar isnt such a big mouth anymore. Im sure it wont last long.

moans
12-28-2008, 04:06 AM
we ordered the fight at my house. However, I left just before the CB Dollaway fight. holy fuck did Rampage knock the shit out of wandelai or what. WHAT A FUCKIN HOOK. His jaw is broken without a doubt. I alos noticed that even befoer the fight started that silva's face looked like a catchers mitt. One of my buddys who is big into UFC told me he doesn't train with any sort of headgear or helmet. That's just ridiculous. What a damn knockout though. He was out cold for a couple minutes. It probably didn't help thjat Silva kept hitting him as he laid unconscious on the mat.

Zangetsu
12-28-2008, 12:35 PM
The card definitely lived up to the hype, but it didn't play out as I would've liked. I was with dawinna on all three of the big fights, and I was watching all three fights wondering when one of my picks would win.

Here's a question that has to be asked with Noguiera's loss. Does Affliction now have the top 3 heavyweights in the world? Nog was the consensus #2 after Randy's loss, with Arlovski and Barnett at 3 and 4, respectively. I don't think Mir should move ahead of Arlovski, but should he move ahead of Barnett? And how far should Minotauro fall in the HW rankings?

mrtybrodur30
12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
The card definitely lived up to the hype, but it didn't play out as I would've liked. I was with dawinna on all three of the big fights, and I was watching all three fights wondering when one of my picks would win.

Here's a question that has to be asked with Noguiera's loss. Does Affliction now have the top 3 heavyweights in the world? Nog was the consensus #2 after Randy's loss, with Arlovski and Barnett at 3 and 4, respectively. I don't think Mir should move ahead of Arlovski, but should he move ahead of Barnett? And how far should Minotauro fall in the HW rankings?it might play out different if they ever actually fought but imo barnett would kill Mir, but really who actually knows. we will probably have to see nog fight again to see where he is at, he looked terrible yesterday. i know mir looked great yesterday and thats part of the problem for nog but still he looked lost out there i was surprised.

CayugaPosse
12-29-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't care if anyone beleives me or not, but I went perfect on the card for bets...

And what's better, I was betting on all of them :)

Bet on Rampage, killed it. Didn't bet on Kongo merely because he was too big a favourite against a guy I didn't know anything about. Bet on CB. Bet on Frank Mir at 3.5-1 odds for a huge payout, and then bet on Evans.

So ya, good night for me :)

dw13
12-29-2008, 01:51 AM
I don't care if anyone beleives me or not, but I went perfect on the card for bets...

And what's better, I was betting on all of them :)

Bet on Rampage, killed it. Didn't bet on Kongo merely because he was too big a favourite against a guy I didn't know anything about. Bet on CB. Bet on Frank Mir at 3.5-1 odds for a huge payout, and then bet on Evans.

So ya, good night for me :)

I had money on Mir and Rampage because of the odds. I just didn't want them to win.

I like youre bets, they were clearly the ones to take.

I had Rampage at a 2.5/1 dog, and Mir at the same as you 3.5/1.

dw13
12-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Rampage wants Forest more than Rashad right now.. I hope they give it to him..

So my boy Lyoto Machida deals with Thiago Silva and gets the title shot :D

Hockeyis#1
12-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Thoughts on Mir/Lesnar II?

two24four
12-29-2008, 01:18 PM
I agree with all these picks but one. I know it's risky, but I'm taking Rampage over Silva tonight.

I hope we get a chance tonight to see the Kongo and Hamill fights tonight as well.

Not a bad call by me ;):D I just cant go against Rampage, he's one of my fav's in the UFC today.

I'm going to say Mir wins over Lesner again Hockeyis#1.

dw13
12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Brock beats Mir this time as he won't/shouldn't give a leg to him.

MTR
12-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I think Mir can still take him though but definitely it will be a battle with Lesner probably coming out on top.

Zangetsu
01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
The Athlete of the Year thread got me thinking we should do a 2008 end of year awards for MMA. Fight of the Year, Fighter of the Year, Breakout Fighter, Comeback Fighter, etc. I'll post my list when I've got some more time.

dw13
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I'll wing mine for now to get it started.

Fight of the Year:
Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva or
Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver

Fighter of the Year:
Sadly, I'll give it to St. Pierre for coming back beating Serra, then beating Fitch to defend.

Breakout Fighters:
I'll give it to Mike Brown, a HUGE fighter for his class. Beat WEC showboy Urijah Faber and looks to be a force. (Over Brock)

Comeback Fighter:
Frank Mir.. beating Nog and Brock is enough for me after what he came back from.

Zangetsu
01-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Fight of the Year:
I like both of the fights you picked, and the Torres/Maeda fight on the Pulver/Faber card should be mentioned as well. Since there are so many great candidates for FOTY, I'm going to go with one that most people likely didn't catch: Joachim Hansen vs. Eddie Alvarez from Dream 3

Fighter of the Year:
I gotta give it Anderson Silva. He was 3-0 in 2008 and was never in any danger of losing in any of his fights.

Horable mention goes to Fedor. He spent exactly 36 seconds in the ring all year, but he still managed to pick up the WAMMA title. That's a year well spent.

Breakout Fighters:
There are a bunch of good candidates for this category, but I'm going with Eddie Alvarez again here. He put on a clinic in the Dream Lightweight Grand Prix. He recently lost to Shinya Aoki, at the K-1 Dynamite New Year's Eve show, but he's gone from obscurity to being ranked in most LW top 10's in one year.

Honorable mention goes to Brock. Even though I didn't think he deserved his shot at the belt, he made the most of the opportunity. Still, a 3-1 UFC champion just doesn't seem right.

Comeback Fighter:
I'm going to agree on Mir here. He's a classic case of the former superstar who gets injured and struggles to return to top form. Now he's back to the pinnacle of the sport and has a chance to cement himself as a top 2-3 HW again with a second win over Lesnar.

Honorable mention goes to Andrei Arlovski. He resurrected his career this year with three solid wins.

MMA News of the Year:
The collapse of EliteXC put a major damper on this year in MMA. Despite the organization's lack of top-tier talent, having an MMA organization broadcast on a major network could have really catapulted MMA into the mainstream. Unfortunately, the EliteXC brass drastically mismanaged their money and banked the success of their company on a fraud.

Upset of the Year:
I liked your pick of Mike Brown for breakout fighter, but I really became a huge fan of Alvarez throughout the course of the Dream tourney. That being said, I'm going to give upset of the year to Brown. Everyone knew coming in that Brown had a chance to KO Faber with his big power, but how many people actually thought he'd pull it off? I sure didn't.

Honorable mention goes to Mir over Nog. This was close to being my #1 pick based solely on the fact that it was the first time Minotauro was ever stopped, but Nogueira had looked a little vulnerable of late (almost stopped by Herring), so this one wasn't quite as much of a surprise.

dw13
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Well done Zang. Love how you gave some props to my boy Alvarez. Aoki is also the real deal, wants a shot at BJ but obviously won't come to the UFC.

Alvarez is an awesome fighter, love watching him. That weight class in Dream is very, very solid.

I had a tough time picking fighter of the year since there wasn't any GREAT stretches of fights this year. Tough to pick someone out.

Good stuff though, you wrote it up nicely.

Zangetsu
01-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Aoki's inverted gogoplata on Nagata is easily submission of the year in my book. While the opponent he landed it on was less than impressive, it is something that I've never seen and that we may never see again.

And yeah, I am such a huge fan of Alvarez after watching him in the Dream tourney. His fights were all exciting, and he showed a ton of class when it was announced that he wasn't going to be able fight Aoki in the finals. I hope he continues to have success in 2009.

dw13
01-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Aoki's inverted gogoplata on Nagata is easily submission of the year in my book. While the opponent he landed it on was less than impressive, it is something that I've never seen and that we may never see again.

And yeah, I am such a huge fan of Alvarez after watching him in the Dream tourney. His fights were all exciting, and he showed a ton of class when it was announced that he wasn't going to be able fight Aoki in the finals. I hope he continues to have success in 2009.

Submission of the decade possibly. Gogoplata is easily (IMO) the hardest Jiu Jitsu move to pull off. I saw Kit Cope TRY to pull it on Rob McCollough I think. But thats the only time I've even seen it ATTEMPTED.

I completely forgot about that.

Aoki is a great fighter/grappler.

Zangetsu
01-07-2009, 01:38 AM
For anybody who missed the Aoki gogoplata, here's a video:

Dailymotion - Shinya Aoki vs. Katsuhiko Nagata - Dream.4 MW GP 2008, a video from moltisanti87. aoki, nagata, shinya, katsuhiko, round@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x5scab@@AMEPARAM@@x5scab

As great a fighter as Aoki is, I'll always hate him for what happened during his first fight with JZ Calvancante. Also, it's hard to respect a man who wears the crazy ring attire that he always wears.

dw13
01-07-2009, 01:45 AM
As great a fighter as Aoki is, I'll always hate him for what happened during his first fight with JZ Calvancante. Also, it's hard to respect a man who wears the crazy ring attire that he always wears.

Agreed with both of those. I love Aoki and how aggressive a fighter/person he is. After being Alvarez going right out and saying he would want BJ.

Oh yeah.. and he pulled off my favorite move in MMA outside of the Peruvian Necktie.

dw13
01-07-2009, 01:50 AM
I loved how he pulled it off on top position too. I've only seen it attempted from bottom.

Awesome move. I keep watching it over and over :D

Zangetsu
01-07-2009, 01:59 AM
I was watching the HDNet broadcast of that Dream event (which I couldn't find a link to, unfortunately), and Bas Rutten was calling it an "Aokiplata" because it was so unique that he pulled it off from the top. Then again, Bas is a maniac, and anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

I haven't actually watched the Dynamite card yet, but of course it's impossible to avoid seeing results. I'm not surprised that Aoki called out BJ. He's so emotional before, during, and after his fights that he probably didn't even realize what he was saying.

dw13
01-07-2009, 02:01 AM
I was watching the HDNet broadcast of that Dream event (which I couldn't find a link to, unfortunately), and Bas Rutten was calling it an "Aokiplata" because it was so unique that he pulled it off from the top. Then again, Bas is a maniac, and anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

I haven't actually watched the Dynamite card yet, but of course it's impossible to avoid seeing results. I'm not surprised that Aoki called out BJ. He's so emotional before, during, and after his fights that he probably didn't even realize what he was saying.

Thats what I like about Aoki, dude is a nut. I miss my HDNet, I should have it back before next month. Bas is a funny MF'er though.

Zang what do you think about Machida? I'm a new fan boy of his, I think hes on the way to the belt.

Zangetsu
01-07-2009, 02:10 AM
I like him too, but almost everybody I watch MMA with hates him. They all say he's boring to watch because he's not really a KO fighter. He just outpoints his opponents with his accurate, and unorthodox, stand up game. His next fight against Thiago Silva will definitely be a test for him. Silva will really push the pace of fight.

dw13
01-07-2009, 02:13 AM
I like him too, but almost everybody I watch MMA with hates him. They all say he's boring to watch because he's not really a KO fighter. He just outpoints his opponents with his accurate, and unorthodox, stand up game. His next fight against Thiago Silva will definitely be a test for him. Silva will really push the pace of fight.

Yeah, I have my serious doubts about Silva. He really hasn't impressed me to the point where I'm thinking he has the game to push Machida. I agree, I know alot of my friends can't STAND Machida.. but after he dealt with that overhyped Sokoudjou. I've liked him. He has some impressive wins. I watched his BJ Penn fight online(2005), obviously BJ is smaller but he beat BJ. He also has an impressive win over Rich Franklin (2003).

I think if he submits Silva somehow, he will instantly get a shot at a top contender. If he outpoints him and wins a UD.. I could see him having a couple more fights before getting to the title shot.

You know Dana and how he likes to put on a show.

Zangetsu
01-07-2009, 02:24 AM
A submission win over a guy like Silva would definitely be impressive. I'm also not all that high on Silva, but he relies more on his aggressive style than most of the guys that Machida has already beat. Look at the Ortiz fight. Ortiz didn't really push Machida and allowed Machida to dictate the slowed pace of the fight. I think Silva will come in with a much more aggressive gameplan, but I think Machida will be ready for that and could wind up finishing the fight standing for the first time in a long time.

Zangetsu
01-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Did you guys hear that Dana has forced Fitch's fight against Gono off of the main card for UFC 94? Dana never ceases to amaze me. If he's really supposed to make decisions based on advancing the company, he should put his personal gripes with people aside when putting cards together. I know I'd much rather see Fitch fight than Parisyan or Bonner.

CayugaPosse
01-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Not gonna give big explanations, if anyone wants more detail why I'll respond :

Fight of the Year : I'll go with Zangestu, somewhat. Eddie Alverez is in my fight of the year...but my fight of the year is Eddie Alverez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri. Amazing 2 way fight.

Fighter of the Year : Rashad Evans(KO'ed Forrest and Chuck in devestating fashion and took the most prominent belt in the UFC...instantly made himself one of the main figures in MMA)

Breakout Fighter of the Year : Eddie Alverez(put on some of the best fights this year, and was easily the most exciting fighter of the year)

Comeback Fighter of the Year : Frank Mir(not alot to say)

Submission of the Year : Dustin Hazelett vs Josh Burkman(insane flying armbar with under 20 seconds to go in the round)

MMA news of the Year : Alot of steroid busts. Something Dana can't be happy with.

Upset of the Year : Seth Petruzelli vs Kimbo Slice(I know it's not a literal upset because Kimbo wasn't a star, but given the circumstances and the fact that it's only Seth Petruzelli, this is still probably the most significant upset of the year)

dw13
01-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Did you guys hear that Dana has forced Fitch's fight against Gono off of the main card for UFC 94? Dana never ceases to amaze me. If he's really supposed to make decisions based on advancing the company, he should put his personal gripes with people aside when putting cards together. I know I'd much rather see Fitch fight than Parisyan or Bonner.

Its a stacked card but theres not doubt I rather see Fitch and Gono over Parisyan and DHK.

Zangetsu
01-18-2009, 01:55 AM
As a huge Shogun fan, I'm glad he finally got his first UFC win. Granted it was one of the weakest performances of his career, but a win is a win.

Franklin/Henderson lived up to the hype. Those guys are both consummate professionals, and I highly respect what both of them bring to the UFC as fighters and men. I hope Franklin's eye isn't too badly injured.

Marcus Davis just keeps improving. He's won thirteen of his last fourteen fights now. Lytle didn't look bad either.

Kinda disappointed in Denis Kang. This is the second time in his last four fights that he's gone for a shot and left his neck out. He's gotta go back to basics and work that kink out of his wrestling repetoire.

Jeremy Horn needs to retire. He's a great coach and an MMA HoF'er, but he has not looked good in his recent returns to the ring. He always fights with a ton of heart, but he just isn't athletic enough to compete with the new generation of MMA fighters.

Zangetsu
01-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Not gonna give big explanations, if anyone wants more detail why I'll respond :

Fight of the Year : I'll go with Zangestu, somewhat. Eddie Alverez is in my fight of the year...but my fight of the year is Eddie Alverez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri. Amazing 2 way fight.

Fighter of the Year : Rashad Evans(KO'ed Forrest and Chuck in devestating fashion and took the most prominent belt in the UFC...instantly made himself one of the main figures in MMA)

Breakout Fighter of the Year : Eddie Alverez(put on some of the best fights this year, and was easily the most exciting fighter of the year)Glad to see more people are jumping on the Alvarez bandwagon. I agree that the Kawajiri fight was great. It was an all out brawl. I just hope that Alvarez can recover from the loss against Aoki. I was a little worried that he was seriously injured.

I can't argue with your Rashad pick, but I hate that guy and couldn't bring myself to give him any kind of award.

dw13
01-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Glad to see more people are jumping on the Alvarez bandwagon. I agree that the Kawajiri fight was great. It was an all out brawl. I just hope that Alvarez can recover from the loss against Aoki. I was a little worried that he was seriously injured.

I can't argue with your Rashad pick, but I hate that guy and couldn't bring myself to give him any kind of award.

Same.

Zangetsu
01-22-2009, 04:34 AM
I hope I'm not the only one who's really excited about the Affliction card this weekend. I really think this could turn out to be one of the best MMA cards of the year. Obviously, Fedor/Arlovski is the standout fight, but there are a number of quality fights on the card. Here's the card:

Fedor vs. Arlovski
Barnett vs. Yvel
Belfort vs. Lindland
Babalu vs. Sokoudjou
Buentello vs. Sidellnikov
Horodecki vs. Lauzon

Other than displaying the #1 heavyweight in the world, this card also sports the next two best HW's in the world. Gilbert Yvel is a darkhorse as the uber-talented badboy who has been facing suspensions for his questionable behavior in the ring. Lindland is getting old, but he is still one of the best in the game. Babalu vs. Sokoudjou is a matchup of unrealized talent (Babalu) vs. unfulfilled hype (Sokoudjou). I've never seen Sidellnikov fight, but his teammates call him "Baby Fedor," so I'm immediately intrigued. Horodecki was dominant in the IFL before being stopped by Ryan Schultz. The undercard is also stacked and will be broadcast live and free on HDNet.

For people who haven't experienced MMA outside of the UFC, this would be a perfect oppotunity for you to experience the rest of what the world of MMA has to offer. Besides, there's no other place to see the #1 HW (and arguably #1 pound for pound fighter), Fedor Emalienenko.

Zangetsu
01-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Watching the Affliction weigh-ins on HDNet right now, and it turns out that Chris Horodecki was not cleared to fight (medical reasons). Bobby Green will replace him, and the fight will likely still air during the PPV broadcast. Here's a link with full details:

http://sherdog.com/news/news/green-to-replace-horodecki-for-affliction-15898

mrtybrodur30
01-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Cant wait to see Fedor again tomorrow, its gonna be sweet!! and i agree the rest of the card is not bad either especially Barnett always love watching him fight.

anyways i hope they do well tomorrow especially in PPV orders otherwise this might be it for them.

dw13
01-23-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm actually going to miss tomorrows event. Zang I expect a write up.

Busy with some crap with the fiance. Hope to hear some good news.

dw13
01-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I got to watch it... and uhhh.... PEEEACE Arlovski!

mrtybrodur30
01-25-2009, 12:49 AM
последний император ещё чемпион....Фёдор Емельяненко!! отлйчно ещё водка!!

What an awesome night. loved the Barnett fight, sure it could have been more exciting but it still was a great fight and a damn good win by Barnett. And ofcourse very VERY happy about the Main Event, you could tell right before the knockout Fedor was done playing games and then ended it, and just dropped a bomb on Arlovski, just wow! He's just a machine!! only downside of the fight was tito ortiz and his mouth that wouldn't shut up :rolleyes: i didnt think Arlovski would win this fight at all but i like the effort he gave very much, he does have a suspect chin imo but nobody would have been able to take that shot and not been knocked out.

also felt really bad for lindland that was a violent KO it always sucks to see KO's like that happen to people. atleast i guess he was okay.

dw13
01-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Amir pulls out of fight night. AGAIN.

WEC tonight. Pulver/Urijah and Cerrone/Varner

dw13
01-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Urijah worked Jens.. looks like Pulver time is about done.

Now to the Varner/Cerrone fight... fuck Varner. Such a shit talker and something that little happens and you call it quits and take the somewhat contraversy win. He thought he scaled the cage and thru it, it didn't really hit that hard. Who am I to say it, but as a fan FUCK that. "I cannot see out of my right eye" it didn't even swell up, hell CERRONE'S was much more swole.

I hope the Cowboy gets Varners loud ass again, I cannot stand him.

Fuck all of that, I'm pissed off. He broke his hand and thats why he called it. What an absolute joke.

two24four
01-26-2009, 01:05 AM
I'm jacked for next weekend's fights already, UFC 94, Penn vs GSP 2.

My picks for next weekend, not all the fights.

GSP over Penn
Lyoto Machida over Thiago Silva
Jon Jones over Stephan Bonnar
Karo Parisyan over Dong Hyun Kim
Clay Guida over Nate Diaz
Jon Fitch over Akihiro Gono (I really hope this one makes it to air)

dw13
01-26-2009, 11:02 AM

GSP over Penn

Guida isn't beating little Nate.

dw13
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/13781/trouble-in-paradise-b-j-penn-cuts-short-ufc-primetime-taping.mma

Haha, Penn didn't like how UFC: Primetime on Spike was making him look. You've always been a prick BJ, this isn't the first time the world is seeing it.

two24four
01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/13781/trouble-in-paradise-b-j-penn-cuts-short-ufc-primetime-taping.mma

Haha, Penn didn't like how UFC: Primetime on Spike was making him look. You've always been a prick BJ, this isn't the first time the world is seeing it.

Yeah I heard about this, I hope GSP kicks the piss out of him Satuday night.

dw13
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah I heard about this, I hope GSP kicks the piss out of him Satuday night.

As much as I dislike GSP, and I hate Penn 5 times worse. GSP atleast is a nice guy, Penn is just a straight up asshole.

GSP should work him in all 5 rounds and get the UD.

Here are my preds for the maincard:

St. Pierre Unanimous Decision over Penn
Machida Unanimous Decision over Silva
Bonnar TKO 2nd round over Jon Jones
Karo Unanimous Decision over DHK
Diaz Submission via Triangle over Guida

Zangetsu
01-27-2009, 02:06 PM
последний император ещё чемпион....Фёдор Емельяненко!! отлйчно ещё водка!!

What an awesome night. loved the Barnett fight, sure it could have been more exciting but it still was a great fight and a damn good win by Barnett. And ofcourse very VERY happy about the Main Event, you could tell right before the knockout Fedor was done playing games and then ended it, and just dropped a bomb on Arlovski, just wow! He's just a machine!! only downside of the fight was tito ortiz and his mouth that wouldn't shut up :rolleyes: i didnt think Arlovski would win this fight at all but i like the effort he gave very much, he does have a suspect chin imo but nobody would have been able to take that shot and not been knocked out.

also felt really bad for lindland that was a violent KO it always sucks to see KO's like that happen to people. atleast i guess he was okay.Yeah, I have to say I was impressed that Arlovski was able to get Fedor back on his heels a bit, but as soon as Fedor realized what Arlovski was doing, he picked his spot and dropped him. Fedor really is a beast. I just wish someone would push him a little so his fights lasted a little longer.

I was impressed that Barnett did the intelligent thing by taking Yvel to the ground. He's always been one of those fighters who likes to beat a guy at whatever that guy is good at. Looks like he'll get a shot at Fedor now. Can't believe their paths never crossed in Pride, but it should be an interesting fight nonetheless.

Urijah worked Jens.. looks like Pulver time is about done.

Now to the Varner/Cerrone fight... fuck Varner. Such a shit talker and something that little happens and you call it quits and take the somewhat contraversy win. He thought he scaled the cage and thru it, it didn't really hit that hard. Who am I to say it, but as a fan FUCK that. "I cannot see out of my right eye" it didn't even swell up, hell CERRONE'S was much more swole.

I hope the Cowboy gets Varners loud ass again, I cannot stand him.

Fuck all of that, I'm pissed off. He broke his hand and thats why he called it. What an absolute joke.Faber was back to his normal form, and Pulver looks like he may be done. The 145 weight class is full of guys that are just too fast for him. He's still got big power for a guy his size, but power without speed is almost useless.

Varner is definitely a bitch. I put his actions in Sunday's fight in the same category as Aoki's in the first Calvancante fight. Cerrone was impressive even though he was probably losing the fight. Mir kept going on and on about his guard, and for good reason. He's as dangerous off his back as almost anybody I've seen. He's also a damn machine. He kept taking big shots, but never backed down. Gotta respect a guy like that.

Next up, Penn/GSP II. Has there ever been a better month of MMA?

dw13
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Varner is definitely a bitch. I put his actions in Sunday's fight in the same category as Aoki's in the first Calvancante fight. Cerrone was impressive even though he was probably losing the fight. Mir kept going on and on about his guard, and for good reason. He's as dangerous off his back as almost anybody I've seen. He's also a damn machine. He kept taking big shots, but never backed down. Gotta respect a guy like that.

Next up, Penn/GSP II. Has there ever been a better month of MMA?

Faber should get Brown after Brown beats Garcia. I think if Faber stays within himself, he can beat Brown. But Brown is at ATT and is a strong ass 145er.

Machida this weekend! Lets hope he subs instead of going decision. If he subs I think he can get a title shot :D

Edit: Cerrone was tough and is only going to get better training with guys like GSP, Rashad and Jardine.

dw13
01-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Zang, predictions for this weekend?

Zangetsu
01-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Zang, predictions for this weekend?Bah, you would call me out. Here's my best guess:

St. Pierre/Penn - I like GSP by unanimous decision. Penn is too tough to finish, but GSP is too tough for Penn to beat.
Machida/Silva - I like Machida by TKO in the 1st. Silva is very aggressive, so Machida may be able to catch him with a nice kick or punch on the way in.
Bonnar/Jones - I'll take Jones by TKO in the 2nd. Call me a homer, but Jones is a hometown guy (Endicott, NY). He's a physical specimen, and Bonnar is overrated, IMO.
Parisyan/Kim - I've never thought much of "The Heat," but he's the more proven guy. That being said, I know very little about Kim. I'll take Parisyan in a unanimous decision.
Diaz/Guida - Guida is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, and I doubt he'll succumb to Diaz's striking. Since Guida's wrestling is top notch, I like Guida in a three round decision.
Fitch/Gono - I love Gono's showmanship and am disappointed that he won't be on the main card, but he's really not in the same league as Fitch. Fitch will either finish with ground and pound or he'll win by decision.

dw13
01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
http://sherdog.com/news/news/varner-fears-career-ending-injury-15971

Maybe I overreacted on Varner :lol:

dw13
01-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Condit vs. Kampmann UFN 18

http://mmajunkie.com/

Dubz
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
A guy I know that fights/trains in MMA is betting everyone and their girlfriend that BJ is gonna blast our boy GSP :wtf:
He isnt wrong often but I think he is on this one.

two24four
01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
A guy I know that fights/trains in MMA is betting everyone and their girlfriend that BJ is gonna blast our boy GSP :wtf:
He isnt wrong often but I think he is on this one.

Alot of people are taking Penn in this fight, even alot of GSP backers most other times, cause Penn is so pissed off at GSP and seems to be training extra hard for him. I still think GSP wins this fight thou.

dw13
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Alot of people are taking Penn in this fight, even alot of GSP backers mos other times, cause Penn is so pissed off at GSP and seems to be training extra hard for him. I still think GSP wins this fight thou.

I'm not sure too many people are picking Penn. GSP is the favorite by a good margin.

I think GSP lays and prays on him for 5 rounds and gets the UD.

two24four
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure too many people are picking Penn. GSP is the favorite by a good margin.

I think GSP lays and prays on him for 5 rounds and gets the UD.

Alot of people who have been calling into Hardcore sports radio the last little while have been picking Penn, alot more then I thought would be that's for sure.

Dubz
01-29-2009, 08:57 PM
You guys think BJ will take a bit of beating (punches and leg kicks) then try to retire to the matt? GSP has a real good ground game too.....Unless BJ cant beat him ala catch him with a good one, I dont see him winning. Another factor is anger....thats not a good motivator and usually backfires. Of course nobody knows....im really loooking forward to this one. Great card.

dw13
01-29-2009, 09:11 PM
You guys think BJ will take a bit of beating (punches and leg kicks) then try to retire to the matt? GSP has a real good ground game too.....Unless BJ cant beat him ala catch him with a good one, I dont see him winning. Another factor is anger....thats not a good motivator and usually backfires. Of course nobody knows....im really loooking forward to this one. Great card.

No, he will not try to wrestle GSP. GSP is the best wreslter in MMA. I think BJ will try to stand and exchange early like he did in the first fight, then maybe try to get top position if it does hit the mat. He is a top notch BJJBB but I doubt he wants it on the ground. BJ knows better than to mess with GSP's wrestling.

Dubz
01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
I agree.... I sorta meant to say he will be forced to retire to the mat. ;)

dw13
01-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Condit vs. Kampmann UFN 18

http://mmajunkie.com/

Which is April 1st. Sorry for not throwing that in there. If Condit beats Kampmann, who looked AWESOME his first fight at 170. I think he could really get a big shot in the WW division. I wish UFC would sign shields and have them fight,

two24four
01-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah the last thing Penn wants is to wrestle with GSP.

For some reason I dont see this going the full 5 rounds, I think GSP will a.) TKO Penn, or b.) submit Penn around the 3rd or 4th round's, just a guess thou. GSP has said he's in the best shape of his life, which is really scary when you think about it. With saying all that thou, I would not be shocked to see it go the full 5 rounds.

boredguy
01-30-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not really a big mma fan but i might have to go find a bar that'll have the fights on Saturday.

dw13
01-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Yeah the last thing Penn wants is to wrestle with GSP.

For some reason I dont see this going the full 5 rounds, I think GSP will a.) TKO Penn, or b.) submit Penn around the 3rd or 4th round's, just a guess thou. GSP has said he's in the best shape of his life, which is really scary when you think about it. With saying all that thou, I would not be shocked to see it go the full 5 rounds.

Penn has one of the best chins in MMA. Also GSP could possibly sub him if he gasses him, so that would be my guess. Maybe a 4th round sub something like via Guillotine.

I never trust Penn's fitness, and GSP's is always there. Penn always wins the 1st round with anyone he fights, he could KO GSP in the first, if not. GSP will take him down and work on him from the group. IMO.

two24four
01-31-2009, 01:07 AM
haha, Mir was on the radio tonight, and said Lesner has one more fight in the UFC then he will be done, (meaning vs him) he said he's just letting Lesner borrow his belt right now, haha.

two24four
02-01-2009, 12:51 AM

GSP over Penn

whoooo GSP, GSP, GSP !!!!!!!

GSP was way to strong for Penn, it was not even close, great win for GSP.

As you can see above I went 6-0 with my picks ;):D

dw13
02-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Not doing a write up for this one. Machida deserves a belt shot like I said. Thats my boy, my fav. fighter in MMA today.

GSP was just far better than BJ. I wouldn't be surprised to hear BJ quit fighting and I'm not joking. He is gased much like Nog was in his fight against Mir.

Disappointed tonight, a bunch of bad fights outside of the final 2.

Dubz
02-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Woot wooot

moans
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
GSP shit kicked Penn. There was not a single moment in the fight where Penn had any sort of control over what was going on. By the end it was just not a wuestion of who would win but more so when it would be over. Great showing from George. Earlier in the night, I thought Byung Kim deserved that fight over Karo. He completely dominated the first round and I thought he could have pulled out the 2nd as well. Also, the guy who looked like John Juanda, and harold from Harold and Kumar, Machinda I think is his name, looked amazing. i don't see anyone in his division who will stop him.

mrtybrodur30
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Machida was awseome last night that was cool to see. He was so dominant to the point where if it got out of round 1 it was for sure a 10-8 round but most likely 10-7. But other than that last week's Affliction show was much better. i dont think ive ever seen a slower show than this one for the UFC. the ground and wrestling game are more than fine except nothing else happened. as for Penn's conditioning i dont think its lack of effort at all. it seems to me atleast the extra weight he was forced to carry for this fight was what did it to him. he wouldnt be as tired but imo the same thing would happen to gsp if he tried to fight Silva at middleweight. but anyway St. Pierre looked damn good, really took it to Penn last night. glad it got stopped when it did cause it was over anyway. lookin really tough to see anyone beating him at 170 in the near future.

also after last nights fights i really hate the coaching being done in the ufc. its to the point both fighters just lay there for 20-30 seconds at a time while they are getting coached. this happens way too often. i would rather have just no coaching except in between rounds but that will never happen sadly.

CayugaPosse
02-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Also, the guy who looked like John Juanda, and harold from Harold and Kumar, Machinda I think is his name, looked amazing. i don't see anyone in his division who will stop him.

Really? I dig Machida's talent and all, but he DOES fight in the most insanely competitive weight class in MMA.

Who has he really fought? That was his first "big" fight, and he still has yet to fight someone smart enough to stay fucking away from him and make him come to them.

Granted Machida is awesome, but there's a huge step from where he's fighting now, and where he's going to be going now after that fight.

Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson, Forrest Griffin...

Shogun if he ever regains the form he had in Pride

And obviously, should he continue venturing upwards every so often, Anderson Silva.

dw13
02-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Really? I dig Machida's talent and all, but he DOES fight in the most insanely competitive weight class in MMA.

Who has he really fought? That was his first "big" fight, and he still has yet to fight someone smart enough to stay fucking away from him and make him come to them.

Granted Machida is awesome, but there's a huge step from where he's fighting now, and where he's going to be going now after that fight.

Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson, Forrest Griffin...

Shogun if he ever regains the form he had in Pride

And obviously, should he continue venturing upwards every so often, Anderson Silva.

Who has he beaten? A great up and comer Rich Franklin at the time, and that was a dismantling of him. BJ in K-1, yes he is much larger, but he worked the fight and got the UD. He beat Sokojodou when EVERYONE was thinking he was the next big thing (he proved not to be) and he worked TITO who the champ had to get the point taken from Tito to get the draw.

Lyoto has proven himself to the max. He deserves a title shot, and Dana has said he will get it if Jardine beats Rampage, and if Rampage wins, after Rampage/Rashad fight... Lyoto is next. He is worthy. His karate background is very unusual.

Also, Silva will not move to 205 again because of Machida. They work out of the same camp, and Silva does not want to fight Machida, nor ruin his shot at the belt. So throw that out of the window.

I think Machida would have a great shot at Rashad. I think Rashad would wrestle alot and use that to his advantage. Rashad's striking has gotten alot of Pub lately but that is not his strong point. The dude is a top5 wrestler in MMA. He also has Greg Jackson in his corner, and as youve seen the guy is possibly the best trainer and coach in the sport. He was one of the main reasons why GSP was so damn strong.

Machida DESERVES to be mentioned in the top of the 205 division. Yes, great division. With Forrest gone for awhile.. Rashad, Rampage and Machida are at the top of that division.

two24four
02-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Penn camp files GSP complaint.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2009/02/01/penn_gsp_complaint/

boo hoo.

CayugaPosse
02-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Penn camp files GSP complaint.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2009/02/01/penn_gsp_complaint/

boo hoo.

God I hate how arrogant Canadian fans have been around this fight and after it. I was at a big party for that UFC and everyone was making me puke with "YA CANADA!" and shit all day long.

GSP's corner cheated. How is that something everyone just dismisses as "boo hoo", or him whining.

If you're a fan of MMA, you should want to see this looked into. His corner cheated, in the biggest fight in the sport...that's a problem.

dw13
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I actually do agree with Posse on this one. Putting that on a fighters back is just an absolute huge edge, especially against someone like Penn who likes to use the high full guard. I'd like to see it looked into, especially since the fighting commish was going crazy when they saw it.

I don't think it played a role in winning/losing the fight but its still the fact that it is 'cheating'

two24four
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't think it played a role in winning/losing the fight

This is more what I was getting at. I have no prob with them looking into it at all.

Zangetsu
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
As you can see above I went 6-0 with my picks ;):DMe too. When Machida got the TKO in the first, my buddies (who I mentioned my predictions to) couldn't believe I had called that.
Machida DESERVES to be mentioned in the top of the 205 division. I totally agree. Aside from the signature wins that dawinna mentioned, beating Silva was a major accomplishment, as well. Silva is very well-rounded and aggressive and will be a factor in the weight class for years, just maybe not as a title contender.
Putting that on a fighters back is just an absolute huge edge, especially against someone like Penn who likes to use the high full guard.Penn is definitely known for his use of rubber guard, so this is something that could give an opponent an advantage. While I also don't think it had an effect on the outcome of the fight, that doesn't mean that it wasn't cheating, and I can see why Penn's camp is upset.

snoopzen
02-05-2009, 02:55 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cftg0m.gif

HT9
02-05-2009, 05:51 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cftg0m.gif

hahahah, "you're never gonna catch me. See y'all next year !"

two24four
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Penn wants to fight GSP again this summer, and GSP said if everyone is ok with it he would be as well.

I know having the shit on his back was not cool for GSP, but it's not why he won that fight, and for anyone who thinks that is crazy, and this is not me saying this because GSP is Canadian.

I'm not saying it was ok for what they did, not all, so dont jump down my back here, but I really dont think they need to fight for a 3rd time because of this.

dw13
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I think it played a role in the fight but even if it was a Classic fight, I don't want to see it again. Penn is looking for ANOTHER reason to sit on his 155 belt. GSP needs to fight Alves, dismantle him and get ready to move up and fight Anderson Silva.

Penn needs to be fighting Florian, and now he has Diego in the class to deal with. Stay at 155, and GSP go fight Alves.

Yes, GSP cheated, but get over it and lets move on. Unfortunately, it won't happen.

two24four
02-06-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope they dont fight again in 2009 vs eachother. I heard they might try and get them to fight again sometime in June/July on the UFC 100 card.

I agree that GSP should be fighting Alves next. I would also love to see GSP and Anderson Silva fight sometime, now that would be a great fight.

CayugaPosse
02-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I hope they dont fight again in 2009 vs eachother. I heard they might try and get them to fight again sometime in June/July on the UFC 100 card.

I agree that GSP should be fighting Alves next. I would also love to see GSP and Anderson Silva fight sometime, now that would be a great fight.

...If you like what you just watched with GSP vs Penn.

You think Penn was outmatched and the size was a big deal?

I had no idea about this until I heard it recently on the radio, Anderson Silva walks around at 235 pounds. He cuts 50 pounds to make weight. Come fight time for that fight, GSP will be 185, and Silva will weigh over 200.

dw13
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
...If you like what you just watched with GSP vs Penn.

You think Penn was outmatched and the size was a big deal?

I had no idea about this until I heard it recently on the radio, Anderson Silva walks around at 235 pounds. He cuts 50 pounds to make weight. Come fight time for that fight, GSP will be 185, and Silva will weigh over 200.

Yes Silva walks around at 220+, thats always been a known fact.

But the thing is, Jardine/Rashad both say that GSP has no problem taking either of them down. Rashad being one of the best wrestlers in MMA. While I think Anderson would win, I think thats the next superfight I want to see.

two24four
02-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes Silva walks around at 220+, thats always been a known fact.

But the thing is, Jardine/Rashad both say that GSP has no problem taking either of them down. Rashad being one of the best wrestlers in MMA. While I think Anderson would win, I think thats the next superfight I want to see.

Same here, you think they brought in huge numbers/money for GSP vs Penn last weekend, this fight would bring in even more.

dw13
02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Joe Lauzon vs. Jeremy Stephens
Unanimous Decision 3rd round

Mac Danzig Vs. Josh Neer
submission (arm bar) 3rd round

Luigi Fioravanti Vs Anthony Johnson
Johnson TKO 2nd round

Cain Velasquez Vs. Denis Stojnic
Velasquez TKO 1st round

dw13
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
4-0 up there from Fight Night, got some of how it'd be ended wrong but picked right fighters.

UFC 95 Predictions

Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Stevenson : Via TKO (Ground-n-Pound) 3rd round

Nate Marquardt Vs. Wilson Gouveia : Via U Decision

Demian Maia Vs. Chael Sonnen : Via 2nd round Rear Naked Choke

Josh Koscheck Vs. Paulo Thiago : Via 1st round TKO

two24four
02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
UFC 97 in Montreal ( This April) may not happen now. At least not in Montreal.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2009/02/12/ufc_qac/

dw13
02-18-2009, 04:54 PM
UFC97 is fine and staying.

UFC99 confirms Wandi vs. Rich Franklin and Cro Cop vs. Randy

Dana also confirms, UFC100, Geaseboy GSP vs. Alves.

dw13
02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
That Randy/Cro Cop is speculation, I meant to say. Wandi/Franklin though is confirmed.

two24four
02-18-2009, 05:27 PM
UFC97 is fine and staying.

Yeah I heard that today as well, good stuff.

Had a feeling GSP would be on the UFC 100 card.

Cro Cop needs to stop fighting.

dw13
02-19-2009, 01:33 AM
More info you guys probably would like.

Manny Gamburyan is finally moving to the WEC's 145 division. He will add some more depth to a LOADED class.

Randy is not interested in fighting Mirko.

And Dana is saying Bisping is one fight away from a title shot, which is shit if you ask me. They are keeping Okami as a gate keeper. After Leites gets raped by Anderson, I think Okami should be next in line but I guess not.

two24four
02-19-2009, 03:12 PM
My picks for this weekend's UFC 95.

Joe Stevenson over Diego Sanchez
Rory Markham over Dan Hardy
Nate Marquardt over Wilson Gouveia
Demian Maia over Chael Sonnen
Josh Koscheck over Paulo Thiago

See if I can keep up my little picks streak going, after I went 6-0 with my picks for UFC 94.

dw13
02-21-2009, 02:26 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=267945&lid=sublink010&lpos=headlines_main

Dana talking about that greaseball GSP.

Dubz
02-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I hope Kenny rocks BJ. I really dislike that guy.....he cries before, during and after the fight.

two24four
02-21-2009, 10:31 AM
I hope Kenny rocks BJ. I really dislike that guy.....he cries before, during and after the fight.

Agreed, then I hope he fights GSP yet again at some point (not anytime soon thou) just so GSP can kick his ass again, just to maybe finally shut him up.

boredguy
02-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Sportsnet in Canada has UFC 95 on right now if people don't wanna wait till tonight to see it.

Farmerbob42
02-21-2009, 09:28 PM
koscheck just got rocked... damn... I wonder if thiago was playing up the weak striking to make koscheck leave himself open...

Zangetsu
03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Been crazy busy with school, but I finally got around to watching this weekend's WEC card.

I have to say, Brown is really impressive. Strong, well-rounded, and most importantly, calm. The guy fights effortlessly. Faber better come in with a game plan for the rematch, because he's not going to beat Brown with his athleticism alone.

Jose Aldo is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters to watch. The guy is so fast, and he throws vicious kicks. I've only seen his last few fights (all KO's), but everything I've read about the kid seems to indicate that his submission game is his real strength. Look for him to start moving up the rankings real soon.

dw13
03-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Been crazy busy with school, but I finally got around to watching this weekend's WEC card.

I have to say, Brown is really impressive. Strong, well-rounded, and most importantly, calm. The guy fights effortlessly. Faber better come in with a game plan for the rematch, because he's not going to beat Brown with his athleticism alone.

Jose Aldo is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters to watch. The guy is so fast, and he throws vicious kicks. I've only seen his last few fights (all KO's), but everything I've read about the kid seems to indicate that his submission game is his real strength. Look for him to start moving up the rankings real soon.

Brown looked awesome, he is a much more skilled fighter than Faber, and youre right, Urijah better come in with a nice solid gameplan or he will be dropped again.

Aldo is awesome, I love the kid. I think they need to throw him up top and get a legit fight and make an impression on everyone.

Rumor has it, Faber/Brown II might be a PPV unfortunately. I can't see it happening but its a strong possiblity.

Zangetsu
03-04-2009, 03:28 PM
A WEC PPV? Have they ever done that before? I don't think it would work. WEC doesn't have near the name recognition that the UFC has. Obviously the hardcore fans will pay to watch that fight, but I don't know if there are enough of us yet to put a WEC card on PPV.

I personally don't understand why the UFC doesn't just absorb the rest of the WEC anyway, but I suppose there are contracts that have to be honored. Just imagine the UFC cards they could put together with another three weight classes. And that's not even considering the potential woman's MMA bouts that Dana White has already said he wants no part of.

dw13
03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
A WEC PPV? Have they ever done that before? I don't think it would work. WEC doesn't have near the name recognition that the UFC has. Obviously the hardcore fans will pay to watch that fight, but I don't know if there are enough of us yet to put a WEC card on PPV.

I personally don't understand why the UFC doesn't just absorb the rest of the WEC anyway, but I suppose there are contracts that have to be honored. Just imagine the UFC cards they could put together with another three weight classes. And that's not even considering the potential woman's MMA bouts that Dana White has already said he wants no part of.

Dana was discussing it, it would be a first WEC PPV. I don't think they could make 4 other interesting enough fights below Brown/Faber. So lets hope Dana keeps it on Versus.

dw13
03-05-2009, 01:46 AM
I just watched a Urijah interview, he expects it to not be PPV. Mike Brown said after his fight he thought it would be a PPV.

Who knows, lets just hope it isn't in Sacramento or in California. I felt bad for Brown, the title holder, having to fight Garcia in his home town.

two24four
03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
My picks for this weekend's UFC 96.

Rampage over Keith Jardine
Gabriel Gonzaga over Shane Carwin
Matt Brown over Pete Sell
Matt Hamill over Mark Munoz
Gray Maynard over Jim Miller

Kendall Grove over Jason Day (Hope this one makes it to air)

dw13
03-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Diego/Guida confirmed for TUF 9 finale.

two24four
03-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Great main event tonight, that was an awesome fight, Go Rampage !!!!

dw13
03-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Great main event tonight, that was an awesome fight, Go Rampage !!!!

I hate Rampage, I'm pissed he won. My boy Lyoto has to wait now.

Dubz
03-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Matt Brown (imagine meeting this fucker in a dark alley...he doesnt look like much but is he ever badass) and Hamill looked pretty awesome last night. Hamill style really surprises me though...he seems pretty wide open. Guess we'll see when/if he faces a good striker. Carvins D isnt that good either....good thing he hits like a tank or he wouldnt be 11-0. Pretty good show but I doubt Rampage beats the champ.

Zangetsu
03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think that Rampage has what it takes to beat Rashad. If Rampage stands in front of Rashad like he has in his last couple of fights, it'll likely be a short night for Jackson.

Definitely disappointed that Machida has to wait for his shot again. He seems to be the only guy in the division who matches up well with Rashad right now. He'll be the one to beat him, but it just might not happen until this fall.

Could Vera finally be taking his MMA career seriously? I know he was supposed to beat the guy he beat, but he was in the best shape he's ever been in. Some of the kicks he was throwing were just brutal. When you end a fight with leg kicks, you know you're doing something right.

Remember, he was supposed to be the "next big thing" after he beat Mir back in 2006. He's got a long climb up the rankings ahead of him, but if he stays motivated, The Truth could be challenging for the LHW belt in 2010.

two24four
03-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Sucks Mir is hurt, I was really looking forward to the Mir vs Lesner fight, guess we will have to wait for it now.

I think Rampage will do ok vs Rashad, I might be biased thou as Iam a huge Rampage fan.

Hamill was great last night, I love watching him fight.

dw13
03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think that Rampage has what it takes to beat Rashad. If Rampage stands in front of Rashad like he has in his last couple of fights, it'll likely be a short night for Jackson.

Definitely disappointed that Machida has to wait for his shot again. He seems to be the only guy in the division who matches up well with Rashad right now. He'll be the one to beat him, but it just might not happen until this fall.

Could Vera finally be taking his MMA career seriously? I know he was supposed to beat the guy he beat, but he was in the best shape he's ever been in. Some of the kicks he was throwing were just brutal. When you end a fight with leg kicks, you know you're doing something right.

Remember, he was supposed to be the "next big thing" after he beat Mir back in 2006. He's got a long climb up the rankings ahead of him, but if he stays motivated, The Truth could be challenging for the LHW belt in 2010.

Rashad will handle Page, I think there isn't a gameplan that Page could draw up to win, honestly. I don't like either, have no interest in the fight but Shad should handle that one. Machida has to wait. :(

I hope Vera is back on his feet again Zang, has always been one of my favorites, those kicks were NASTY. Hes back in the LHW, he actually wasn't bad in his last fight and looked awesome last night. Lets hope he keeps moving on up, he was on a mission last night.

Carwin I'm thinking gets the loser of Nog/Couture?

Also, tough to see Mir hurt, I was hoping Brock would no longer have a belt in May. Damnit. :mad:

Zangetsu
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Is there any connection between Mir's current injury and his previous one? He mentioned bone fragments, so I imagine this could be something that goes all the way back to the motorcycle accident.

Either way, this should be worrisome to fans of Mir. I still remember the way he looked in his first few fights following the accident. If this more recent injury has a similar effect on his training regimen, Lesnar may just be able to beat him. I'm hoping that Mir will continue to train like he did for the Nog fight, but if he doesn't, he could find himself fighting nobodies with 3-1 records, oh wait...

dw13
03-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Is there any connection between Mir's current injury and his previous one? He mentioned bone fragments, so I imagine this could be something that goes all the way back to the motorcycle accident.

Either way, this should be worrisome to fans of Mir. I still remember the way he looked in his first few fights following the accident. If this more recent injury has a similar effect on his training regimen, Lesnar may just be able to beat him. I'm hoping that Mir will continue to train like he did for the Nog fight, but if he doesn't, he could find himself fighting nobodies with 3-1 records, oh wait...

I love it. :D

Zangetsu
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Rampage/Rashad not set in stone.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/03/09/rashad-evans-to-headline-ufc-98-against-unknown-opponent/

Rampage wasn't aware of the Mir/Lesnar delay until after his fight on Saturday. Apparently, he isn't too happy about having to fight again so soon and may be suffering from a couple of injuries. Dana has given him the option of fighting Rashad at UFC 98, but if Rampage declines the offer, Machida will fight Rashad at UFC 98.

dw13
03-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Rampage/Rashad not set in stone.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/03/09/rashad-evans-to-headline-ufc-98-against-unknown-opponent/

Rampage wasn't aware of the Mir/Lesnar delay until after his fight on Saturday. Apparently, he isn't too happy about having to fight again so soon and may be suffering from a couple of injuries. Dana has given him the option of fighting Rashad at UFC 98, but if Rampage declines the offer, Machida will fight Rashad at UFC 98.

Yeah the after fight press conference, Dana said he would give Rampage time to decide, and if not its Machidas fight.

dw13
03-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Thank god the Dragon got the fight after Rampage pulled out with an injury.

Dubz
03-21-2009, 09:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/FREE-UFC-97-FLOOR-TICKETS-w-Sidney-Crosby-hockey-card_W0QQitemZ260379000280QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ti ckets_all_in_one?hash=item260379000280&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1309 (http://cgi.ebay.ca/FREE-UFC-97-FLOOR-TICKETS-w-Sidney-Crosby-hockey-card_W0QQitemZ260379000280QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ti ckets_all_in_one?hash=item260379000280&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1309)

Auctions up in a day or so...these are some sweet ass tix.

Dubz
03-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Looking forward to this game:

Gametrailers.com - UFC 2009 Undisputed - Sanchez vs Stevenson

two24four
03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Fuck that looks awesome, I cant wait.

dw13
03-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I was going to post about it, it looks amazing... huge rosters as well.

It'll be good! May 19th

Zangetsu
03-23-2009, 02:51 PM
There's a ton of video on the official site:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/#/video

I'm a little skeptical, though. THQ's Yuke's team is developing the game. While they are well known for the WWE games, they aren't really known as a top-notch developer.

dw13
03-23-2009, 02:52 PM
There's a ton of video on the official site:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/#/video

I'm a little skeptical, though. THQ's Yuke's team is developing the game. While they are well known for the WWE games, they aren't really known as a top-notch developer.

Thats the main reason I am skeptical as well.

two24four
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Anderson Silva is saying once his contract is up in the UFC he will switch over to boxing to fight Roy Jones Jr, sounds like it's pretty much a done deal.

Zangetsu
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Considering the current state of the MW division in the UFC, it might be best for both Silva and the UFC if he left.

I'm not saying that I'm looking forward to Silva's departure (he's in my top 5 for most entertaining UFC fighters), but there isn't a single legitimate challenger for Silva in the UFC. If he can satisfy his need for competition while leveling the playing field in the UFC MW division, more power to him.

dw13
03-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Considering the current state of the MW division in the UFC, it might be best for both Silva and the UFC if he left.

I'm not saying that I'm looking forward to Silva's departure (he's in my top 5 for most entertaining UFC fighters), but there isn't a single legitimate challenger for Silva in the UFC. If he can satisfy his need for competition while leveling the playing field in the UFC MW division, more power to him.

Roy Jones won't be of age, or in shape to fight and I don't think there will be enough people to tune in that Silva will do it. He is just looking for a big pay day.

That being said, I think Leities, if he can hold Silva down (I think he can get it there to be honest), I think he holds a legit shot. I love ASilva like everyone else, but I think everyone knows the megafight he will be getting is GSP in the next 2 years or so.

Who knows, I'm looking forward to april though. First week we got Dream8, UFN, TUF opener and WEC.

dw13
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Great to see Junie get his face smashed by Cole.
Tyson Griffin is a tough SOB, I like the dude, he is under appreciated so far in the UFC, even after his battle with Sherk.
Bader is going to be a force when he keeps growing in all aspects of his game, he is a stud wrestler.
Huge win for Kampman,, that was a really tough one to score, but it was an AWESOME fight and we will hear more from Condit and more from Kampmann at WW, they both are talented fighters.

Now the new TUF season!

And RIP mask. Tough guy to lose in the sport man..

two24four
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM
I loved the Tyson Griffin fight, great fight.

Only thing I did not like about the Junie fight was after when Miller got in his face, and said "who's overrated now", it's over, you won dude, shake hands and move on, that shit is ok before the fight, but not so much after IMO, be the better man after.

Yes RIP Mask.

dw13
04-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I loved the Tyson Griffin fight, great fight.

Only thing I did not like about the Junie fight was after when Miller got in his face, and said "who's overrated now", it's over, you won dude, shake hands and move on, that shit is ok before the fight, but not so much after IMO, be the better man after.

Yes RIP Mask.

Junie repeatedly called Cole out before the fight, over and over and over and over again and Cole didn't respond until he started taking hits at Coles career. Then Cole got pissed off. The weighin's were so intense but Dana split it up real early.

I thought Cole did the right thing, all he did was answer Junies bullshit

two24four
04-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Junie repeatedly called Cole out before the fight, over and over and over and over again and Cole didn't respond until he started taking hits at Coles career. Then Cole got pissed off. The weighin's were so intense but Dana split it up real early.

I thought Cole did the right thing, all he did was answer Junies bullshit

Did he not do that by just winning the fight? No better way to show him up IMO.

I dont know, I know what happened before the fight and all, but still, Junie even tryed to shake his hand after and Miller still would not. I have seen some of the top fighters call each other out for weeks/months then fight, but once it's over they are buddies again, most times shake hands and even chat for a min right after, happens alot, once the fight is over all the bull shit should be as well, I dont know just my feelings anyways.

dw13
04-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Did he not do that by just winning the fight? No better way to show him up IMO.

I dont know, I know what happened before the fight and all, but still, Junie even tryed to shake his hand after and Miller still would not. I have seen some of the top fighters call each other out for weeks/months then fight, but once it's over they are buddies again, most times shake hands and even chat for a min right after, happens alot, once the fight is over all the bull shit should be as well, I dont know just my feelings anyways.

Cole has never been/will never be buddies with Junie. Thats the thing. Cole didn't say a word leading up to the fight and Junie decided to start it. I get what you are saying and somewhat agree with it, but not in this situation. Junie needed his ass whooped and a message sent to him.

Cole wants winner of Uno/Fisher... which I think Spencer will have no problem winning.

two24four
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
haha, anyone else see Dana White's last video blog where he goes off on Loretta Hunt from Sherdog, wow, I would post it, but I'm not sure that is a good idea, it's not G rated that's for sure.

dw13
04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
haha, anyone else see Dana White's last video blog where he goes off on Loretta Hunt from Sherdog, wow, I would post it, but I'm not sure that is a good idea, it's not G rated that's for sure.

Yeah, Dana is a clown.

The UK team, btw, is going to have more talent than the US team. Ross Pearson and Andre Winner look like legit contenders to win it all.

two24four
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, Dana is a clown.

He sure can be at times, I understand the UFC is his baby, and he hates it when people say a bad thing about it, but what he said today in that video blog was just plain rude and uncalled for, no need for what he said at all, not cool.

ih8music
04-02-2009, 10:37 PM
The UK team, btw, is going to have more talent than the US team. Ross Pearson and Andre Winner look like legit contenders to win it all.

I suspect it's slanted in the UK team's favor intentionally. Better story line for the series & better for the UFC's worldwide growth if another UK fighter (or two) wins.

dw13
04-03-2009, 12:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4038031

hahahahahahaha

dw13
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Mach did work on Aoki!!! Good to see

Zangetsu
04-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Looking forward to this game:

Gametrailers.com - UFC 2009 Undisputed - Sanchez vs Stevenson (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46147.html)http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ufc2009undisputed/video/6207459/ufc-2009-undisputed-interview-2?hd=1&tag=topslot;thumb;4

This is an interview with a THQ big-whig that explains some of the mechanics of the upcoming UFC game.

Zangetsu
04-11-2009, 04:32 AM
Mach did work on Aoki!!! Good to see
HDNet finally got around to airing Dream 8. I have to say I was impressed by Galvao and both Zaromskis and Ikemoto. Mach delivered again, as he often does. The semis/finals of this WW tourney are shaping up as the best Dream fights yet. There's a lot of talent remaining in the tourney, and each guy brings a different element to the tournament. I'm rooting for Mach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the four come away with the title.

dw13
04-11-2009, 04:34 AM
HDNet finally got around to airing Dream 8. I have to say I was impressed by Galvao and both Zaromskis and Ikemoto. Mach delivered again, as he often does. The semis/finals of this WW tourney are shaping up as the best Dream fights yet. There's a lot of talent remaining in the tourney, and each guy brings a different element to the tournament. I'm rooting for Mach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the four come away with the title.

I also watched it finally on HDnet (I watched it streamed online, live) and Galvao impressed me as well.

I'm also rooting for Mach.