PDA

View Full Version : Nba

Pages : [1] 2

two24four
10-28-2008, 04:31 PM
NBA season starts tonight, anyone care? seems to be lost with all the BS around the WS, plus Hockey and Football are in full swing.

I dont follow the NBA as much as I do the other three major sports (NHL, NFL or MLB) but I do follow it, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Raps do this season with Bosh and O'Neal up front, I think if they can stay healthy this season the Raps could end up in the top 4-5 in the East.

I'm going to say Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets win the NBA this season over Detroit.

ih8music
10-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm going to try to do a better job of following the NBA this season. Pistons all the way!

two24four
10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Greg Oden went down again tonight with a foot injury, 1st career NBA game finally a year after he was drafted and he has to leave early.

two24four
10-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Well Raptors have there hope opener tonight vs GS, I think they will take this game, O'Neal sounds jacked for his 1st home game as a Raptor, and other then the 1st Q the other night in Philly they looked really good.

Ukic looked good in Philly as Calderon's backup, which is good.

Raptors could really so some damage in the East this season if everyone can stay healthy.

dw13
10-31-2008, 12:28 PM
I love Bosh and O'Neal. Yes, very similar players but Bosh has always been known as unselfish, and he will always get his. O'Neal stays healthy, as well as Calderon.. and the Raptors are in good shape. Maybe if Moon can prove he wasn't a one year wonder, they will do damage.

two24four
10-31-2008, 12:33 PM
I love Bosh and O'Neal. Yes, very similar players but Bosh has always been known as unselfish, and he will always get his. O'Neal stays healthy, as well as Calderon.. and the Raptors are in good shape. Maybe if Moon can prove he wasn't a one year wonder, they will do damage.

I agree with everthing you said above, but let's not also forget about Jason Kapono, who had abit if an off year last season, but he came off the bench the other night and had 15 Pts 3-4 from 3 PT land.

Joey Graham looks like he's ready to have a better season as well.

Bargnani still looks like a bust.

keyboard
10-31-2008, 12:38 PM
For those who might be interested, my good friend is a member of EOS and you'll hear their "Raptor's Anthem" on RaptorsTV and Sportsnet at 7pm tonight.

b_illin
10-31-2008, 12:39 PM
I agree with everthing you said above, but let's not also forget about Jason Kapono, who had abit if an off year last season, but he came off the bench the other night and had 15 Pts 3-4 from 3 PT land.

Joey Graham looks like he's ready to have a better season as well.

Bargnani still looks like a bust.

Not at all - Bargs has looked solid so far in the pre-season and in the season opener. He may not score many point for the first month or so as they are getting him to focus on driving the net and paying smart bball, but once they let him start taking jumpers again, he could bust out. (well, bust out may be a bit optimistic...he may become pretty solid)

dw13
10-31-2008, 12:39 PM
I've loved Joey Graham since his Ok. State days.. kid will give you good hustle. Good point 24

two24four
10-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Not at all - Bargs has looked solid so far in the pre-season and in the season opener. He may not score many point for the first month or so as they are getting him to focus on driving the net and paying smart bball, but once they let him start taking jumpers again, he could bust out. (well, bust out may be a bit optimistic...he may become pretty solid)

I hope so, because we have not seen much yet out of him, he played 20 Mins the other night, and does not have much to show for it, other then 5 REB.

two24four
11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Close game tonight, but we'll take the win, 2-0 to start the season.

Well what do you know, I must have pissed Bargnani off today, haha, he went out and got 19 Pts 5 REB's tonight, good for him if he really is turning the corner, I hope so cause he has not looked like a 1st overall pick, we've been waiting for the Bargnani who showed up tonight for sometime now, he looked great tonight, hope he can keep that up.

Another good game by Bosh as well, O'Neal did not do much, just 5 Pts 6 REB's, just show's the depth this team has though.

Play the Bucks tomorrow night.

phaneuf6
11-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Didn't even see this thread. Was down at the home opener last night, great game, great atmosphere, great win! Bargs looks great, he has really bulked up and its going to help his post game. Lets Go Raps! 82-0!

Farmerbob42
11-02-2008, 01:21 AM
i really only follow the raptors and phoenix suns. im playing fantasy football this year so no nba teams, but eih, goo raptors! so far so good nayway

dw13
11-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Anyone see the Pacers/Celts came and Granger get his 2 front teeth knocked out?

two24four
11-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Raptors 3-0.

b_illin
11-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Let's chat Raps in the Raptors thread.....makes more sense than posting in the NBA thread.

two24four
11-03-2008, 12:17 PM
A.I. traded to Pistons?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931
__________________________________________________ _________________

Cant say I saw this one coming.

b_illin
11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
A.I. traded to Pistons?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931
__________________________________________________ _________________

Cant say I saw this one coming.

Wow, who'd play the point in DET? Is Stuckey ready? AI can play PG, but then who runs the court?

Trading a lot of depth for AI...

dw13
11-03-2008, 12:58 PM
This was the rumor in the offseason as well.. I guess they decided to pull the trigger. Interesting deal.. pretty much giving Stuckey one more year until becoming the full time point guard there. They will run alot of 3 guards still.

dw13
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Also it is to be noted.. McDyess's contract will be bought out and probably won't play a second in a Nugs uni.

moans
11-03-2008, 01:59 PM
double

moans
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
triple, wow that was whack it posted three times

moans
11-03-2008, 02:01 PM
From a fantasy standpoint I say this increases Billups value immensely. Going from the defense oriented Pistons to opposite in the Nuggets

dw13
11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree completely Billups will fill the basket up more, and will give Melo a better second scoring option (AI isn't the same AI).

I actually think this helps the Nugs alot more.. and had they kept Camby they might be looking alot better. I think Karl and Billups will mesh well and he will finally have his true PG there. (besides Andre Miller)

two24four
11-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Guess we will see how this trade looks for DET 1st hand Wednesday night when the Raps play DET.

eff1ngham
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Billups can push the tempo a lot better than Andre Miller could, which was the main reason they wanted to get rid of him. I think he's a good fit here. Iverson has always been my favorite player so I'd be sad to see him go (I do love Billups too, he's a hometown guy), but it wasn't working out with him here so maybe this will help. Billups is still a good scorer too, and is a good outside shooter, so he might complement Melo better than AI did

dw13
11-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Billups can push the tempo a lot better than Andre Miller could, which was the main reason they wanted to get rid of him. I think he's a good fit here. Iverson has always been my favorite player so I'd be sad to see him go (I do love Billups too, he's a hometown guy), but it wasn't working out with him here so maybe this will help. Billups is still a good scorer too, and is a good outside shooter, so he might complement Melo better than AI did

You really believe Billups can push the ball better than Miller could?

two24four
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Big game tonight in the NBA, Boston at Houston, I'm going to say Houston takes this one tonight.

two24four
11-15-2008, 02:14 AM
I must say it's nice seeing Shaq playing some nice ball again, he's looking great so far this season, hope he can stay healthy for the season, one of my all-time favs NBA players.

Farmerbob42
11-15-2008, 03:20 AM
You really believe Billups can push the ball better than Miller could?

really? ive always thought billups as pretty good and better than miller.

Farmerbob42
12-10-2008, 11:38 AM
i would have to say billups is doing better than miller, though that was kinda a dumb argument anyway hah.

dw13
12-10-2008, 01:22 PM
i would have to say billups is doing better than miller, though that was kinda a dumb argument anyway hah.

I never said who was better than who. I said Miller could push the ball better.. Billups is very good at managing the offense and being able to put points on the board.

They both are great point guards.. Miller is undervalued, as been his whole career.

That being said, I agree if you are just saying "who is better than who"

Billups > Miller

Farmerbob42
12-10-2008, 05:09 PM
ah, i thought you were just using that phrase as a representative of overall skill, no problem there then.

secol
12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
some trades going down today.....

crittenton getting an opportunity in WAS and J-rich going to phoenix as well

phoenix has a pretty sick team now, but charlotte really needed a PF (diaw) and they also freed up some minutes for augustin

dw13
12-11-2008, 01:38 AM
I love the deal for the Suns. J-Rich can flat out score from the 2 position, and plays nice defense... good deal.

Also, Crittenton is still young and I hope he gets a legit shot to play for Washington. Imagine if him and Thaddeus Young were still at Georgia Tech.

eff1ngham
12-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I never said who was better than who. I said Miller could push the ball better.. Billups is very good at managing the offense and being able to put points on the board.

They both are great point guards.. Miller is undervalued, as been his whole career.

That being said, I agree if you are just saying "who is better than who"

Billups > Miller

Dre just did not look comfortable here with our up-tempo offense. He was much better slowing things down once we had the ball. So it was kind of like a square peg in a round hole. I liked Dre a lot (and still do), but he wasn't the right fit at PG for Denver. Billups cetrainly seems to be though; The Nugs had another nice game last night. And how about Melo putting up 45 points (27 in one quarter too)

secol
12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Dre just did not look comfortable here with our up-tempo offense. He was much better slowing things down once we had the ball. So it was kind of like a square peg in a round hole. I liked Dre a lot (and still do), but he wasn't the right fit at PG for Denver. Billups cetrainly seems to be though; The Nugs had another nice game last night. And how about Melo putting up 45 points (27 in one quarter too)
pretty sure it was 33 hehe

dw13
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
The Nugs look great

two24four
12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
pretty sure it was 33 hehe

Yeah it was 33 Pts, he tied the NBA record for Pts in a Q.

two24four
12-18-2008, 02:11 AM
How about CP3 setting the steals record tonight, 106 games in a row with a steal, not bad.

dw13
12-18-2008, 02:45 AM
How about CP3 setting the steals record tonight, 106 games in a row with a steal, not bad.

He's only had something like 19 games in his CAREER without a steal. Pretty crazy.

phaneuf6
12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Raptors suck balls. Can't win a game with that roster. Fucking ridiculous.

b_illin
12-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Did anyone see KG at the end of the Hawks/Celts game? He was PISSED at some fan I assume and made sure to make a gesture at the dude at the end of the game. I don't why or what happened, but he looked ANGRY.

moans
12-25-2008, 03:22 AM
D Wade, class act
http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=260844&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main
this is a feel good story, I wish more athletes were like him and not Latrell "I can't feed my family on 7 mill" Spreewell. Funny thing is that now Spre's yacht has been seized because he defaulted on a 1.5 million dollar loan. Good riddance.

secol
12-25-2008, 07:51 PM
great guy dwade......anyways new thing in the nba dunk contest is that fans get to vote on a dunker out of westbrook, alexander, fernandez.....here are their campaign vids, i like how alexander hits his head on the rim lol, obviously all of these guys can fly

YouTube - NBA Sprite Slam Dunk Contest 2009 - Joe Alexander
YouTube - NBA Sprite Slam Dunk Contest 2009 - Rudy Fernandez
YouTube - NBA Sprite Slam Dunk Contest 2009 - Russell Westbrook

secol
01-14-2009, 10:14 AM
:wtf:......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-knicks-currysued&prov=ap&type=lgns

The suit alleges, among other things, that Curry approached his driver in the nude on two separate occasions and "kept asking him to look and to touch him."

Farmerbob42
01-16-2009, 01:18 PM
yeh that seems pretty messed up

b_illin
01-16-2009, 04:06 PM
sounds like a cash grab to me

secol
01-16-2009, 10:36 PM
hopefully it is.....if it's true :wtf:

two24four
02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
The Bucks are going to have a tough time holding down the 8th spot in the East, 1st they lost Redd for the season, now they have lost Bogut for 8 weeks.

Farmerbob42
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
ouch... oh well!

keyboard
02-04-2009, 11:31 PM
The Bucks are going to have a tough time holding down the 8th spot in the East, 1st they lost Redd for the season, now they have lost Bogut for 8 weeks.Don't they play better without Redd?

b_illin
02-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I like that Morrison trade for LA A LOT!!

two24four
02-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I like that Morrison trade for LA A LOT!!

So do I, I think he will do well in LA.

dw13
02-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Morrison and Vlad are both chumps. Minor trade at best. Although hes back in LA, maybe we can see him cry like he did when UCLA beat him :D

two24four
02-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Dwight Howard is a beast, 45 Pts, 19 REB and 8 BLK's tonight.

Nice game for Kevin Durant tonight as well 47 Pts, he's been one of the best players in the NBA since the new year. Tyson Chandler should help them out as well.

dw13
02-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Durant is a beast. I'd love to see this team get their hands on Jordan Hill or Blake Griffin in the draft. I think they could really start turning things around.

two24four
02-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah for sure, if they can get Blake Griffin that would be unreal, him and Durant together :eek:

dw13
02-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah for sure, if they can get Blake Griffin that would be unreal, him and Durant together :eek:

I'm a huge Jordan Hill fan, as you already know. :D

secol
02-18-2009, 11:52 AM
agree on dwight being a beast, the guy is unstoppable lol

two24four
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
agree on dwight being a beast, the guy is unstoppable lol

When he wants to be he is. He's the new younger Shaq IMO, starting off in the same place as well, lol.

two24four
06-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Sounds like Shaq is going to the Cavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

dw13
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Only things I'm curious with the draft is the amount of trades that could go down... and where my boy Jermaine Taylor lands

dw13
06-25-2009, 04:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197

A serious source saying Nets send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to the Magic for Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston and Tony Battie

I'd love the deal. Vince Carter gives us the versatile scorer we need. Jump shot, driving skills, etc. Also, I love Ryan Andersons game, loved him at CAL. I think this would be a dandy deal, and if we somehow brought back Hedo we would easily be favorites out of the east at this point.

Pull the trigger Otis!

dw13
06-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Best pick in the top 3? James Harden. So damn polished, will do great things. I love that they will now keep Westbrook on the ball, he had a great rookie year and can play such outstanding defense. Now you have the point-2guard to go with Durant at the 3.

The Thunder are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams.

Doctego
06-25-2009, 08:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197

A serious source saying Nets send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to the Magic for Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston and Tony Battie

I'd love the deal. Vince Carter gives us the versatile scorer we need. Jump shot, driving skills, etc. Also, I love Ryan Andersons game, loved him at CAL. I think this would be a dandy deal, and if we somehow brought back Hedo we would easily be favorites out of the east at this point.

Pull the trigger Otis!

Solid move for them talent-wise but they really need to have Howard develop more low post moves and shoot free throws more consistently. They need that to happen more than anything, IMHO.

Doctego
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Gerald Henderson #12??:wtf:

dw13
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Solid move for them talent-wise but they really need to have Howard develop more low post moves and shoot free throws more consistently. They need that to happen more than anything, IMHO.

I respectfully disagree. Howard does a damn good job, yeah he needs a go-to post move, but he still is a defensive dog and he scores 20 points a game one way or another. We needed someone who could score in a verity of ways, and more importantly someone down the stretch we can ISOLATE, I couldn't be more happy with the trade.

Howard is still young and raw offensively, but he is a horse down there.

dw13
06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Gerald Henderson #12??:wtf:

I knew Larry Brown would bite on him. The only knock I have on Henderson is... he can't get much better. Seems to me like he has peaked, and his peak really isn't that special. Larry Brown type player though

Doctego
06-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I respectfully disagree. Howard does a damn good job, yeah he needs a go-to post move, but he still is a defensive dog and he scores 20 points a game one way or another. We needed someone who could score in a verity of ways, and more importantly someone down the stretch we can ISOLATE, I couldn't be more happy with the trade.

Howard is still young and raw offensively, but he is a horse down there.

I agree that he's a beast. I love his size. I am talking about him and the team taking it to the next level. I worry that, unless he works on his moves and free throw shooting, they will continue to end up like they did this year. I would like to see them take it to the next level.

Minnesota must have some more deals up their sleeve.

eff1ngham
06-25-2009, 09:07 PM
They're going to send Ty Lawson to Denver for a first-rounder next year (which Denver got from Charlotte IIRC)

dw13
06-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I agree that he's a beast. I love his size. I am talking about him and the team taking it to the next level. I worry that, unless he works on his moves and free throw shooting, they will continue to end up like they did this year. I would like to see them take it to the next level.

Minnesota must have some more deals up their sleeve.

3 point guards for Minnesota, I have no idea what to think. I still hate the move they made to get rid of Foye. I think Rubio is headed to NY for Jordan Hill, or something along those lines.

As for Howard.. I think the difference is with us next year. Nelson and VC will be able to score the ball in the 4th quarter with a bunch of different ways. We won't have to rely on Hedo and Lewis taking 3 after 3 after 3.

dw13
06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Protected 2010 First round Pick (From Denver) for Ty Lawson. Well... Minnesota NEVER surprises me.

Then take Wayne Ellington. I guess that is a fine pick. But still shocked at some of their selections/trades.

Doctego
06-25-2009, 09:12 PM
3 point guards for Minnesota, I have no idea what to think. I still hate the move they made to get rid of Foye. I think Rubio is headed to NY for Jordan Hill, or something along those lines.

As for Howard.. I think the difference is with us next year. Nelson and VC will be able to score the ball in the 4th quarter with a bunch of different ways. We won't have to rely on Hedo and Lewis taking 3 after 3 after 3.

For your sake, I hope you're right about Carter. I know that Orlando is a much different team but I see Orlando as a team that focuses on a lot of ball movement to either get the ball into Howard or rotate it to get the open 3 from any of their perimeter players. I saw Carter take a lot of bad shots for the Nets this season. I know that he had to in NJ but that isn't a good trait to have.

dw13
06-25-2009, 09:19 PM
For your sake, I hope you're right about Carter. I know that Orlando is a much different team but I see Orlando as a team that focuses on a lot of ball movement to either get the ball into Howard or rotate it to get the open 3 from any of their perimeter players. I saw Carter take a lot of bad shots for the Nets this season. I know that he had to in NJ but that isn't a good trait to have.

Orlando actually isn't a ball movement team at all. They know Howard is limited in post moves, with Jameer Nelson you will alot more pick and roll and now with VC you will see alot more iso situations for him. Maybe some hi-low with VC and Howard, I think its just a match made in heaven.

Now we don't need Hedo back, we got the poor mans Hedo in Ryan Anderson, who I love and VC will step right into the lineup.

Jermaine Taylor is going to be a top 3 pick in the second round hopefully, I'm telling you people are sleeping on this kid! Fran from ESPN loves him and I think Bilas will have nice things to say about him, big knock on him is the Conference USA and his defense.

Doctego
06-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Orlando actually isn't a ball movement team at all. They know Howard is limited in post moves, with Jameer Nelson you will alot more pick and roll and now with VC you will see alot more iso situations for him. Maybe some hi-low with VC and Howard, I think its just a match made in heaven.

Now we don't need Hedo back, we got the poor mans Hedo in Ryan Anderson, who I love and VC will step right into the lineup.

Jermaine Taylor is going to be a top 3 pick in the second round hopefully, I'm telling you people are sleeping on this kid! Fran from ESPN loves him and I think Bilas will have nice things to say about him, big knock on him is the Conference USA and his defense.

Sorry. I didn't mean to classify them as a traditional "ball movement" team. I see that they run a lot of pick-and-roll. I meant that their offense focuses a lot on creating an open 3. Especially late in the season, they did it beautifully. I could see Vince having problems adjusting to that.

dw13
06-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Sorry. I didn't mean to classify them as a traditional "ball movement" team. I see that they run a lot of -pick-and-rolls. I meant that their offense focuses a lot on creating an open 3. Especially late in the season, they did it beautifully. I could see Vince having problems adjusting to that.

But I think they saw they needed to stop the focus on so many 3's, atleast down the stretch. Vince is an underrated shooter, and I think he brings so much to the offense to help when they really need it down the stretch. The isolation game, and hi/low game is going to be huge for the Magic.

Who knows though, I do see where you are coming from.

dw13
06-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Second pick in the 2nd round. Jermaine Taylor!!! I'm pumped for the kid, really good kid and is going to be a really good player

Spartan
06-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Pistons took a Swedish forward in the 2nd. Ken Holland must have made the pick while Joe Dumars was in the can.:lol:

dw13
06-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Jermaine Taylor traded to Houston

two24four
06-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Good luck with Wince Carter :D;)

b_illin
06-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Good luck with Wince Carter :D;)

He'll always be a pouty bitch, but next year he will do well in ORL

b_illin
07-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Fucking Artest goes to LA for the full mid-level basically...3 yrs $18mm - how can you compete when guys take big cuts like that to play for the Lakers???

secol
07-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Fucking Artest goes to LA for the full mid-level basically...3 yrs $18mm - how can you compete when guys take big cuts like that to play for the Lakers???
remember it's artest though, things don't go well and he's gonna blow

Doctego
07-03-2009, 11:35 AM

Don't assume a repeat because they have upgraded on paper.

b_illin
07-03-2009, 12:37 PM
remember it's artest though, things don't go well and he's gonna blow

I don't think it will...he's older and more mature now, he has Kobe there and Phil as well and he wants to win a championship obviously.

Don't assume a repeat because they have upgraded on paper.

Sure, and fair enough, but Artest is a defensive machine capable of 15-20pts each night. I'd LOVE that on my team! I certainly think Ron will just as well offensively as Ariza next to Kobe and his defence is better.

eff1ngham
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
They still haven't re-signed Odom yet, right? I know him and Artest are friends, but they need him back to still be considered a favorite to make the finals again.

Though Rasheed going to the Celtics certainly makes them more powerful, assuming KG can keep him motivated

dw13
07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
They still haven't re-signed Odom yet, right? I know him and Artest are friends, but they need him back to still be considered a favorite to make the finals again.

Though Rasheed going to the Celtics certainly makes them more powerful, assuming KG can keep him motivated

Odom already has said he will take a cut to stay in LA (He started his career there as well) I think its a matter of time before he resigns.

The Artest sign comes as no surprise, they weren't going to give Ariza the type of money that the Rockets did. The Media jumped on Ariza's wagon but in reality he wasn't that special.

Celts getting Sheed make them better and they were going after Orlando, because with Sheed and KG on the court its very hard for Dwight to guard either of them.

The Cavs still need a versatile 4 that can hit deep jumpers, or they just will be the same team as last year.

Doctego
07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
The Cavs still need a versatile 4 that can hit deep jumpers, or they just will be the same team as last year.

I can see that. People are all over them with the Shaq trade but the truth is that they got killed by the pick-and-roll and defending that isn't Shaq's specialty.

dw13
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
I can see that. People are all over them with the Shaq trade but the truth is that they got killed by the pick-and-roll and defending that isn't Shaq's specialty.

Exactly, and not to mention Shaq clogs the lane even more, which will keep LeBron out of it more. The versatile 4 can stretch the court and like you said, guard the pick and roll.

b_illin
07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The New Orleans Hornets have finally found a taker for Tyson Chandler. It took a deal with tinkering Charlotte coach Larry Brown, who was willing to jettison the Bobcats' first draft pick.
Emeka Okafor was dealt to the Hornets on Tuesday for Chandler in a deal involving 26-year-old centres, a trade that brought different financial relief to both teams and hopes they'll thrive under different big men.
The Hornets have been trying to unload the 7-foot-1 Chandler for several months. Last season they sent him to Oklahoma City, but the trade was rescinded after Chandler failed a physical amid concerns over a lingering toe injury.
Brown was willing to gamble on the injury-prone big man. It comes at the expense of Okafor, who at 6-foot-10 is smaller than Chandler and had trouble guarding the NBA's top big men.
"We looked at this trade as an opportunity to improve our team," Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins said. "Tyson brings that unique level of athleticism in a 7-footer that puts us in a position to compete night in and night out with the other quality centres in the league."
But the Hornets were intrigued by Okafor's superior rebounding and durability, giving New Orleans a reliable big man with a longer contract as they try to recover from last season's first-round playoff exit.
The deal is the fourth trade Charlotte has made since managing partner Michael Jordan hired Brown before last season. Brown, in his record ninth NBA head coaching job, has continued his history of numerous trades to mould the team into his defensive-minded liking.
Now it includes sending the centrepiece of Charlotte's new franchise to the city's old team.
Two years after the Hornets left Charlotte for New Orleans, the expansion Bobcats took Okafor with the No. 2 pick in the 2004 draft – after Orlando grabbed Dwight Howard.
Okafor, who won an NCAA championship at Connecticut, had injury problems early in his career. But he has played all 82 games in each of the last two seasons while providing Charlotte with solid, if unspectacular, play.
Okafor averaged 13.2 points and 10.1 rebounds last season, but his style didn't mesh with Brown. The coach questioned his basketball fire at the end of the season when he said Okafor "got an A in stretching and pilates and yoga. I want him to have an A in basketball."
Chandler gives the Bobcats a centre who can better defend big players and a more athletic player who was often at the receiving end of alley-oop passes from the Hornets' Chris Paul.
But Chandler is coming off surgery, and despite their identical ages, Chandler has played four more seasons than Okafor because he came to the NBA directly from high school in 2001.
Chandler, averaged 8.8 points and 8.7 rebounds in only 45 games last season. He then underwent procedures on his left ankle and toe in May after being ineffective in the first-round series loss to Denver.
The Bobcats were willing to take a chance that Chandler will be fully recovered by the start of next season and pulled the trigger on the deal that brought financial relief to both sides.
For the Hornets, it immediately lowers their payroll would reduce luxury tax payments. Okafor is scheduled to make $10.5 million (all figures U.S.) next season and Chandler $11.8 million. The Hornets entered the week with a payroll of about $78 million, triggering a dollar-for-dollar tax over the NBA's luxury tax threshold of $69.9 million.
But the Bobcats unload a much longer long-term commitment. Okafor still has five years left on a $72-million, six-year deal he signed last year. Chandler would make $12.7 million in a player option in 2010-11, the final season of his deal.
Bobcats owner Bob Johnson, who is looking to sell the team after losing millions of dollars, has ordered management not to reach the luxury tax threshold. Getting Okafor's big contract off the books will help achieve that goal in future seasons.
"We'd like to thank Emeka for all that he has done for this franchise and for serving as the organization's ambassador and first-ever draft pick," Higgins said. "His hard work and dedication to the Charlotte Bobcats will be missed, and we wish him well with his new team."

secol
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
on another note shaq was on WWE raw last night, saw some highlights on sportscenter lol

secol
08-22-2009, 11:22 PM
went to nba 3 on 3 here and met andre iguodala. guy has the dwight howard/lebron/oden look where he looks like he's 30/40 but it was cool meeting an nba player. had him autograph a ball i brought as well. i found it very odd that they chose iguodala to go visit a few canadian cities though, i was sure it was going to be a raptor player (probably would've been a kapono/grahame/moon type if they're still with the team), but i guess the roster remake BC did had something to do with it. all in all it was a great day, especially since last year it was poring rain the first day and play was suspended until sunday when it was lightly drizzling with large puddles everywhere.

two24four
10-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Blake Griffen has a broken left kneecap, could be out for the 1st six weeks.

dw13
10-27-2009, 01:51 PM
The depth of the Magic is unreal this year, and we should be fine while Lewis is suspended. I'm happy basketball is back! Add another sport into my mix

dw13
11-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Joakim Noah is turning into a force on the boards, with decent offensive production. I told everyone this is the exact player he would be!

b_illin
11-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Joakim Noah is turning into a force on the boards, with decent offensive production. I told everyone this is the exact player he would be!

Wow, can I borrow your crystal ball? (I thought he would become a high-scoring finesse guy! :D)

dw13
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Wow, can I borrow your crystal ball? (I thought he would become a high-scoring finesse guy! :D)

I'm sure you were on the wagon that thought Noah would be an off the bench energy guy. Instead, he is a double-double machine for the Bulls, and a force on both sides of the ball.

b_illin
11-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm sure you were on the wagon that thought Noah would be an off the bench energy guy. Instead, he is a double-double machine for the Bulls, and a force on both sides of the ball.

I figured he'd be a solid banger, be it off the bench or as a starter. The dude was uber talented coming out, he just needed the right fit/situation. You pat yourself on the back a lot....so I call you out here and there to keep you honest....no harm, no foul. :hic:

dw13
11-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I figured he'd be a solid banger, be it off the bench or as a started. Then dude was uber talented coming out, he just needed the right fit/situation. You pat yourself on the back a lot....so I call you out here and there to keep you honest....no harm, no foul. :hic:

I'm not trying to pat myself here! I got to know Joe a bit when he was at UF and just knew the type of guy and worker he was. The doubters when he came out really helped him turn the notch up and go for it in the NBA. You are right though, the right situation, and Chicago is a great fit. Shooters and playmakers around him, takes the offensive load off of him. He thrives on the boards and putbacks, and plays dynamite defense.

He is so athletic it's not even funny. When he was a Junior in High School, he was only 6 foot 1 and was a point guard! He sprouted basically overnight, so that athleticism never really left him.

:beer:

b_illin
11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm not trying to pat myself here! I got to know Joe a bit when he was at UF and just knew the type of guy and worker he was. The doubters when he came out really helped him turn the notch up and go for it in the NBA. You are right though, the right situation, and Chicago is a great fit. Shooters and playmakers around him, takes the offensive load off of him. He thrives on the boards and putbacks, and plays dynamite defense.

He is so athletic it's not even funny. When he was a Junior in High School, he was only 6 foot 1 and was a point guard! He sprouted basically overnight, so that athleticism never really left him.

:beer:
I don't know if I can point to a post or anything, but I know I liked Noah and wished he was a rap....exactly the type of banger we need.

I'm just busting your balls btw

dw13
11-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm just busting your balls btw

I know that Buddy ol' Pal :lol:

dw13
11-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Brandon Jennings is absolutely nasty.

secol
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Brandon Jennings is absolutely nasty.
that one sure came out of nowhere lol.....even if you were watching the first/second quarter

two24four
11-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Is NJ going to go 0-82 this year, 0-14 to start the season, that's rough.

Doctego
11-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Is NJ going to go 0-82 this year, 0-14 to start the season, that's rough.

Much like many teams, I think that they don't really care. I believe that they have more cap room for this offseason than any other team and they just passed a hurdle for their Brooklyn arena. Combine that with some nice young talent and a top talent evaluator (Thorn) and I think that they are right where they want to be, believe it or not.

eff1ngham
11-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Melo went off last night against the Knicks :yes:

two24four
12-02-2009, 01:48 PM
A.I. is back with the 76ers.

dw13
12-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Good lord did we hose the Nets for Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson. Magic are incredibly deep this year, even without Jameer.

Doctego
12-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Good lord did we hose the Nets for Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson. Magic are incredibly deep this year, even without Jameer.

It was a deal that helped both teams. No one got hosed. The Nets had an aging star that wasn't in their long-term plans. They dealt him and are going to have more cap room than any other team this offseason, which was their plan all along. Anderson was a tough loss but they still have some nice young talent in NJ and a truckload of cap room.

dw13
12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
It was a deal that helped both teams. No one got hosed. The Nets had an aging star that wasn't in their long-term plans. They dealt him and are going to have more cap room than any other team this offseason, which was their plan all along. Anderson was a tough loss but they still have some nice young talent in NJ and a truckload of cap room.

At this point, the Nets got hosed. They haven't won a game, Courtney Lee will never be more than a 6th man, Rafer Alston is Rafter Alston, he is dime a dozen.

If they land Chris Bosh (or LeBron I guess) and some other higher named free agent, and in 2 years they are an Eastern Conference contender, then yeah, the trade panned out. If not, I see no reason why this trade helped them at all to this point, which was their plan, but did they think they would be THIS bad? I like some of their young talent as well, but they aren't that special considering they haven't won a game. Lopez is nice, Harris is nice but CDR is going to be a role player soon.

Doctego
12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
At this point, the Nets got hosed. They haven't won a game, Courtney Lee will never be more than a 6th man, Rafer Alston is Rafter Alston, he is dime a dozen.

If they land Chris Bosh (or LeBron I guess) and some other higher named free agent, and in 2 years they are an Eastern Conference contender, then yeah, the trade panned out. If not, I see no reason why this trade helped them at all to this point, which was their plan, but did they think they would be THIS bad? I like some of their young talent as well, but they aren't that special considering they haven't won a game. Lopez is nice, Harris is nice but CDR is going to be a role player soon.

The Nets situation is hit or miss depending on whether they get the Brooklyn deal or not although they could share Newark with the Devils, I suppose. As you should know, the NBA isn't all about talent. If you're good, it pretty much is but that's not all it is. It's also about creating cap space, especially when you're bad. I applaud what should be a quick rebuild for them. They had a nice run with their core but they couldn't go any further. They had gotten rid of everyone except for Carter and they found someone with a need. There will be a ton of free agents and most will go for the money, which the Nets will have more than any other team this offseason. People in this area are all over the Knicks' nuts because of their cap room but what else do they have?? IMHO, Lee is very overrated. Galinari could be solid. There isn't much else there. The Nets, on the other hand, are in great shape in my eyes. Harris is solid (more on him later), Lopez is a 20-10 guy waiting to happen, and I don't agree on CDR. He may never be a star but he will be much more than a role player to me. Lee may or may not be a 6th man but that could be all that they need next season. As for Harris, I love him but he gets injured too much. I wouldn't be surprised if they dealt him, too. Let's assume that he stays. That leaves them with Harris and Lopez along with 2 potential max free agents. Add CDR and Lee to the mix and you have a solid foundation. Let's not forget that they will probably have a top 3 pick in the draft.

I really like where they're going. I also love Thorn as a talent evaluator. No one would dispute that Orlando got more talent in the deal. As I mentioned, there is more to a deal than just talent. Both teams got what they wanted. Carter wasn't in the Nets' plans so they made a deal to set themselves up to go after someone that was in their plans. The Nets never thought that they would win much this year. What difference does it make if they won 0 or 5 games so far??

dw13
12-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I completely understand the Nets goal in the trade and thought they did 'ok' by unloading Carter. I would of liked it much more if they kept their hands on Ryan Anderson as well. By hosing, I mean they got absolutely NO talent back that will help them when they do eventually sign someone, and make their push back to the playoffs, if they even do.

As for thinking they have really good young talent, I agree and disagree. I really like Brook Lopez, loved him at Stanford. He is a really skilled big dude and rebounds pretty well. Like you said with Harris, despite his injuries, he is a really solid point guard. I think CDR is a 6th man, the same way I think that Courtney Lee is a 6th man, but I actually like Lee a bit more because he can play some reliable defense, so I guess Lee could fit in pretty well.

Again, this all depends on if this talent PLUS the player or two they sign in the offseason pan out. I don't see it happening. I don't think Harris is ready to be a point guard for a team wanting to make a deep run, and I'm certainly not sold on LeBron, Brooklyn or not.

So maybe, I worded it wrong by saying they got hosed, but I think they could of done better. The difference is between 0 games and some games, is you think that young talent is so superb... then go win a game or two, and show me that the talent is good.

Either way, you're right it was a deal meant for both teams. It definitely completed exactly what the Magic needed.

Doctego
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
I am quite sure that the Nets didn't want to deal Anderson but this goes back to deals being about more than just talent. Orlando took on a major contract. They needed something to entice them. We can also agree to disagree on the importance of a few wins to the Nets so far. This season, as is the case for many teams, is a wash. Bide your time, develop some young players if you can, and wait for 2010. It sucks that it has come to that but that is reality. I don't expect you to watch any Nets games not against Orlando but, for some strange reason, I have found myself watching more of their games this season than any other. I am not blind enough to realize that many wins are in the future, no matter what young talent they have. They are a young rebuilding team that has been pounded by injuries. No team would win with that.

If they develop their young talent and allow themselves to be in a position to be major players in the 2010 FA class, I will consider this season a success for them, no matter what the win total says.

dw13
12-03-2009, 11:46 AM
If they develop their young talent and allow themselves to be in a position to be major players in the 2010 FA class, I will consider this season a success for them, no matter what the win total says.

Right on Doc. That's what I'm saying

Doctego
12-03-2009, 11:55 AM
What do you think of Terence Williams?? It's too early for me to tell but he could be another solid player for the Nets. Forgot about him.

dw13
12-03-2009, 11:57 AM
What do you think of Terence Williams?? It's too early for me to tell but he could be another solid player for the Nets. Forgot about him.

I like him. He's got bags of potential. He can score fairly well, is an above average passer for his size and likes to rebound. I think he's an awesome fit for any team.

two24four
12-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Greg Oden goes down yet again for the season, wow, Portland prob wishes they had a mulligan so they could go back and draft Kevin Durant over him, tough luck for Oden.

dw13
12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Greg Oden goes down yet again for the season, wow, Portland prob wishes they had a mulligan so they could go back and draft Kevin Durant over him, tough luck for Oden.

Eh, Durant and Roy couldn't exist on the court together. Oden was having an awesome season before the injury, really unfortunate.

two24four
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Eh, Durant and Roy couldn't exist on the court together. Oden was having an awesome season before the injury, really unfortunate.

I know, but they must be thinking about that right now. I was a big fan of Oden coming out of college.

dw13
12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
It was a reasonably shallow draft and alot of talent hasn't panned out yet.

Durant obviously is an absolute stud, but he couldn't play with Portland and Roy.

Horford is a beast for Atlanta, Noah is solid for the Bulls, Thornton is a nice player for the Clips, Stuckey as well for Detroit but there wasn't much in that draft, really. Not yet atleast.

dw13
12-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Best pick in the top 3? James Harden. So damn polished, will do great things. I love that they will now keep Westbrook on the ball, he had a great rookie year and can play such outstanding defense. Now you have the point-2guard to go with Durant at the 3.

The Thunder are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams.

Harden has been wonderful.

canuckthug
12-25-2009, 03:58 PM
A Christmas tradition -----> The lakers are on. Should be fun to watch... Kobe vs Lebron. Shaq who? But this could easily be a sample of the NBA finals.

Doctego
01-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Happened to flip the Knicks on during the 4th quarter and OT. Guess that Nate Robinson got a little motivated from his benching. He was unstoppable.

dw13
01-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Happened to flip the Knicks on during the 4th quarter and OT. Guess that Nate Robinson got a little motivated from his benching. He was unstoppable.

It was a joke he was benched in the first place.

eff1ngham
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Nuggets beat the Cavs without Melo in the lineup :yes:

two24four
01-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Blake Griffen wont play this season.

eff1ngham
01-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Nuggets pounded Orlando tonight, held them to 34 points in the 2nd half of the game. In the last few weeks they've beat Atlanta, Cleveland and Orlando. Looking good against the east. Now they just need to quit playing sloppy against the west

Doctego
01-14-2010, 10:36 AM
The more and more I see the Nets, the more I like. Call me crazy but I can see this being a 50 win team fast. More players could be traded but, as is, they have 2 very solid players in Lopez and Harris. If they happen to get the #1 overall pick, Wall is theirs. They also have the cap room for 2 studs this offseason. Love them or hate them, they also have a bunch of solid role/bench players.

dw13
01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
The more and more I see the Nets, the more I like. Call me crazy but I can see this being a 50 win team fast. More players could be traded but, as is, they have 2 very solid players in Lopez and Harris. If they happen to get the #1 overall pick, Wall is theirs. They also have the cap room for 2 studs this offseason. Love them or hate them, they also have a bunch of solid role/bench players.

Can Wall and Harris exist on the same court?

Doctego
01-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Can Wall and Harris exist on the same court?

With Harris spending about 50 games on the injured list, I don't see why they can't.:D

dw13
01-14-2010, 10:54 AM
With Harris spending about 50 games on the injured list, I don't see why they can't.:D

Haha, I can agree with that. I was down at the Florida/Kentucky game, just to see Wall myself. That kid is special. He knows when he needs to take a game over for a stretch and when he can get his teammates involved. Really impressive.

Doctego
01-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Haha, I can agree with that. I was down at the Florida/Kentucky game, just to see Wall myself. That kid is special. He knows when he needs to take a game over for a stretch and when he can get his teammates involved. Really impressive.

Exactly. It seems like he feeds his teammates in the 1st half to get them involved in the game and then says "thank you" and takes over the game in the 2nd half. A lot can happen between now and then but they will be an extremely tough out in the tournament.

dw13
01-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Exactly. It seems like he feeds his teammates in the 1st half to get them involved in the game and then says "thank you" and takes over the game in the 2nd half. A lot can happen between now and then but they will be an extremely tough out in the tournament.

Wall will be the #1 pick, there isn't anyone even close to him. Why I asked if they could be on the same court is, Harris and Wall both NEED the ball to be successful.

Doctego
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Wall will be the #1 pick, there isn't anyone even close to him. Why I asked if they could be on the same court is, Harris and Wall both NEED the ball to be successful.

Oh. I know what you meant. It might take a little work but, from what I have seen of both of them, they are versatile enough to make it work. I also like the option of having multiple players handling the ball. With a good offensive mind running the show, I don't doubt that it could work.

dw13
01-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Oh. I know what you meant. It might take a little work but, from what I have seen of both of them, they are versatile enough to make it work. I also like the option of having multiple players handling the ball. With a good offensive mind running the show, I don't doubt that it could work.

I'd even look at trading Harris. Wall is surefire, IMO. He has the passing abilities of Derrick Rose and the scoring abilities of Tyreke Evans. The kid is really special.

Wall + Joe Johnson + Brook Lopez and I'm sure you could get more from the 2010 FA class, but Joe Johnson would be a great fit.

Doctego
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM
I'd even look at trading Harris. Wall is surefire, IMO. He has the passing abilities of Derrick Rose and the scoring abilities of Tyreke Evans. The kid is really special.

Wall + Joe Johnson + Brook Lopez and I'm sure you could get more from the 2010 FA class, but Joe Johnson would be a great fit.

No doubt. I have mentioned trading Harris before, in this thread I believe. The problem is that people might be scared off by his injury concerns. He is still young and talented enough to get something nice in return.

dw13
01-14-2010, 11:35 AM
No doubt. I have mentioned trading Harris before, in this thread I believe. The problem is that people might be scared off by his injury concerns. He is still young and talented enough to get something nice in return.

Yeah, I agree. I only say move him because I really do think Wall is a homerun. The progress I saw in him from AAU Nationals, to seeing him play Florida.. was crazy. He has developed an all around game thats among the best I've ever seen in college basketball.

Doctego
01-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I agree. I only say move him because I really do think Wall is a homerun. The progress I saw in him from AAU Nationals, to seeing him play Florida.. was crazy. He has developed an all around game thats among the best I've ever seen in college basketball.

Agreed. I have heard him described as a 6'4" LeBron, FWIW.

eff1ngham
02-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Now they just need to quit playing sloppy against the west

Suck it LA :evilgrin:

keyboard
02-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Who wins the dunk contest tonight?

two24four
02-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Who wins the dunk contest tonight?

DeRozen.

secol
02-13-2010, 01:51 PM
yeah i think derozen as well though i want to see the battle of the PG (nate robinson vs shannon brown)

secol
02-13-2010, 10:58 PM
the all-star stuff today generally sucked. dunk contest was an especially large letdown

Snipes16
02-14-2010, 06:00 AM
As bad as the slam dunk was, the horse contest was much worse. anyone catch that disaster where the game couldn't end because they couldn't hit a shot to force a letter or 2 on each other.

and once a panic stricken tnt ran out of time they decided to end it quickly by having durant and rondo get a letter every time they missed a 3...only to have the two of them hit like 13 out of 14 three point attempts.

funny and brutal at the same time

secol
02-14-2010, 11:24 AM
lol yeah that was messed up....charles barkley was telling them to keep making the 3's to make tnt sweat too haha.....odd that rondo kept hitting them, maybe he should take more in a game

b_illin
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I could listen to Charles Barkley commentate anytime....best commentator/colour guy out there.

two24four
02-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Cavs are close to trading for Amare Stoudemire.

dw13
02-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Cavs better win the title this year if they do trade for Amare. Risk if not being able to sign back him or LeBron, and giving up a rising prospect in JJ Hickson.

secol
02-14-2010, 06:06 PM
yeah JJ looks great out there

eff1ngham
02-16-2010, 08:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtbkSjy5eUqeMGjcf0vRiyO8vLYF?slug=mc-karlcancer021610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hope George Karl gets well soon. Best wishes to him

secol
02-18-2010, 02:26 PM
wow a ton of trades in the nba today....

tmac to ny, kev martin to hou
ty thomas to char

even with the salary dump crap i don't get what made sacramento want to get involved in the tmac deal. kev martin is their best player and the players they get back are less than inspiring (c. landry, hughes).

b_illin
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
wow a ton of trades in the nba today....

tmac to ny, kev martin to hou
ty thomas to char

even with the salary dump crap i don't get what made sacramento want to get involved in the tmac deal. kev martin is their best player and the players they get back are less than inspiring (c. landry, hughes).

Tyreke Evans is the future in SAC and Martin needed the ball too much to play well with Evans....plus he was expensive so off he goes. (with changes likely coming after 2011, salaries will be lower so teams like SAC are clearing salary off the books in anticipation)

PS: sweet f'ing deal for the Rockets! Martin AND Hill AND swapping 1st's + another 1st from the Knicks next year!! (Jeffries contract sucks though)

dw13
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Pretty nice deal for the Rockets. I'm still a believer in Hill.

b_illin
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Pretty nice deal for the Rockets. I'm still a believer in Hill.

Me too....I can't believe how quickly he has been written off!

secol
02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
of course evans is the future but i just can't believe that they would get pretty much nobody for him

b_illin
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
of course evans is the future but i just can't believe that they would get pretty much nobody for him

they got cap relief, which, to them, is better than a player(s). If there is a lockout and the owners get what they want (a hard cap, less years on deals), old deals under the old CBA will be a huge albatross to any team, let alone a smaller market team owned by Casino owning brothers who's fortunes have taken a big hit in the last year or two. Dollars and sense homie! :lol:

secol
02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
they got cap relief, which, to them, is better than a player(s). If there is a lockout and the owners get what they want (a hard cap, less years on deals), old deals under the old CBA will be a huge albatross to any team, let alone a smaller market team owned by Casino owning brothers who's fortunes have taken a big hit in the last year or two. Dollars and sense homie! :lol:
right but why not keep tmac? larger cap relief (highest earning player in NBA right now)

b_illin
02-18-2010, 11:29 PM
right but why not keep tmac? larger cap relief (highest earning player in NBA right now)

Good point.

I'm guessing they Like Landry's production, etc. for his cost ($3mm), Hughes ($13.6) is expiring & Dorsey is like $1mm so a solid 13-15th guy. So, while they would have had $23 (McGrady) + $10mm (Martin) in cap relief next year, they still get $23.6mm in cap space with Hughes off the books and Martin gone, they don't have the headache of McGrady for the rest of the year and they get a cheap, serviceable secondary scorer in Landry. Not bad.

eff1ngham
02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Suck it LeBron :evilgrin:

eff1ngham
04-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Playoff time! I'm pretty glad the Nuggets don't have to play San Antonio or Phoenix actually. Even if it means being a lower seed.

I don't see any upsets happening in the first round, but the Miami - Boston series should be a good one. Can't wait for saturday :)

dw13
04-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Magic have a tough pull in the Bobcats, but I think we should be able to handle them.

Spurs/Dallas could be an upset.

eff1ngham
04-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Watched the game last night with two of my buddies from out of town. They hadn't seen the Nuggets play much, but both agreed after the game that JR Smith may be their new favorite player :lol:

dw13
04-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Watched the game last night with two of my buddies from out of town. They hadn't seen the Nuggets play much, but both agreed after the game that JR Smith may be their new favorite player :lol:

Then they watched Game 2 and saw why tons of Nuggs fans must rip their hair out with him. :lol:

dw13
04-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Friends landed Magic tickets to Game 1 of the next round. Sucks being in South Carolina. Damnit.

two24four
04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I have not watched one second of the NBA playoffs, and I dont plan on it anytime soon, just a bad time with hockey playoffs on at the same time, plus baseball.

keyboard
04-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I have not watched one second of the NBA playoffs, and I dont plan on it anytime soon, just a bad time with hockey playoffs on at the same time, plus baseball.I read somewhere the ratings have been beyond pathetic. Some of the top tier games have had lower ratings than Spongebob and CSI reruns that same night.

keyboard
04-29-2010, 04:06 PM
More proof this joke of a league is rigged: http://sports.todaysbigthing.com/2010/04/29

eff1ngham
04-29-2010, 05:23 PM
You want proof? Just watch Deron Williams play. He's apparently the new Manu Ginobili, though he doesn't even have to flop to get some of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen

dw13
04-29-2010, 05:30 PM
You want proof? Just watch Deron Williams play. He's apparently the new Manu Ginobili, though he doesn't even have to flop to get some of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen

He's a stud though. You're a Denver fan in a heated series. He's been absolutely awesome.

Poor calls happen all over the place.

keyboard
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Poor calls happen all over the place.You don't think NBA officiating is the worst in all major sports?

dw13
04-29-2010, 06:06 PM
You don't think NBA officiating is the worst in all major sports?

It's definitely up there. You have to watch the game for what it is. It's poor on both sides of the ball, that was my point.

keyboard
04-29-2010, 06:07 PM
YouTube- Joey Crawford - Where Will Amazing Happen This Year?

eff1ngham
04-29-2010, 09:29 PM
You're a Denver fan in a heated series.

That's bullshit. I know basketball and know what's a foul and what isn't. Williams has been getting an unbelievable number of calls, and that's not just the observation of a Denver fan. He averaged like 5 FTs a game in the regular season and 12+ in the playoffs

dw13
04-29-2010, 09:48 PM
That's bullshit. I know basketball and know what's a foul and what isn't. Williams has been getting an unbelievable number of calls, and that's not just the observation of a Denver fan. He averaged like 5 FTs a game in the regular season and 12+ in the playoffs

He's been pretty aggressive and it's pretty obvious Billups just flat out cannot guard him. I'll agree there has been some sketchy fouls (especially on some shots they've called fouls on) but for the most part it's been the stardom treatment.

You have to admit, Deron Williams has just turned into an absolute monster.

eff1ngham
04-29-2010, 10:09 PM
He's playing very well, and I know he's a good player in general. But LeBron, Durant and Melo are all averaging roughly the same amount of FTs per game in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. But suddenly Williams is more than doubling his total? Sorry, but that's fishy to me

Doctego
05-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Shaq.......It's time to retire.

Zangetsu
05-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Celtics fans chanting New York Knicks while James was on the FT line late in the game was pretty creative. I don't follow the NBA at all, but this Lebron FA situation is going to be interesting to watch.

Doctego
05-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Celtics fans chanting New York Knicks while James was on the FT line late in the game was pretty creative. I don't follow the NBA at all, but this Lebron FA situation is going to be interesting to watch.

I'm sick of it already. We have a bunch of guys that can't know shit about the situation saying that he would stay if he won and others saying that he would leave if they won. All of them act like they have a clue.

dw13
05-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Heading down to Florida later tonight, and going to be at Game 1 vs. the Celts. Should be a fun one.

And yeah, the LeBron free agency thing is going to absurd. I don't watch too much ESPN as it is, and now I doubt I'll watch any.

Zangetsu
05-15-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. I avoid Sportscenter when at all possible, but I try to watch Around the Horn everyday, and I listen to sports talk radio a lot. I know it's all speculation, but there are compelling arguments that can be made for staying and going. I'm all but convinced that he's going to leave, but I've got no idea where he's going to wind up.

Have fun at the game dw13. The Magic were my team when I followed the NBA more closely, and I still root for them when I do watch these days.

dw13
05-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah. I got to Orlando about an hour ago, and I'm going to be going out in a bit.. I'll be able to gauge the buzz around this place. Should be fun regardless.

dw13
05-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Well that wasn't worth a 7 hour drive.

:(

two24four
05-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow, the Washington Wizards won the lottery for the 1st overall pick, NJ fell to 3rd overall.

snoopzen
05-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow, the Washington Wizards won the lottery for the 1st overall pick, NJ fell to 3rd overall.I think that if the Nets had kept the 1st overall, that would have pretty much sealed Lebron signing with them during the offseason.

That's right, not with the Bulls or the Knicks, as has been widely speculated. The Nets.

Here's why:

* Jay-Z's a part owner of the Nets, and Lebron's buddy. (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronjayz022508)

* Although not locked down yet, the Nets are planning on moving to Brooklyn... so they're soon-to-be a big market team.

* Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov agreed to become majority owner of the Nets (some contingencies exist), and definitely won't mind making a splash.

* Lebron can't win on his own, as evidenced by this year. Lebron's an A+ player on a C+ team, IMO. Jordan had Pippen, Robinson had Duncan, Shaq had Kobe, Magic had Kareem... in NJ you've at least got Devin Harris, and HAD a shot at John Wall until the ping pong ball ponged the wrong way for them. Still, with deep pockets and Lebron as a major lure, the Nets could surely pick off another star player to put with him (Chris Bosh, anyone?).

keyboard
05-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Carter missing those free throws late is hilarious after being a little baby and sitting out the game with an "injury". I'm glad ORL is losing, I don't want him sniffing a championship.

two24four
05-18-2010, 11:47 PM
I think that if the Nets had kept the 1st overall, that would have pretty much sealed Lebron signing with them during the offseason.

That's right, not with the Bulls or the Knicks, as has been widely speculated. The Nets.

Here's why:

* Jay-Z's a part owner of the Nets, and Lebron's buddy. (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebronjayz022508)

* Although not locked down yet, the Nets are planning on moving to Brooklyn... so they're soon-to-be a big market team.

* Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov agreed to become majority owner of the Nets (some contingencies exist), and definitely won't mind making a splash.

* Lebron can't win on his own, as evidenced by this year. Lebron's an A+ player on a C+ team, IMO. Jordan had Pippen, Robinson had Duncan, Shaq had Kobe, Magic had Kareem... in NJ you've at least got Devin Harris, and HAD a shot at John Wall until the ping pong ball ponged the wrong way for them. Still, with deep pockets and Lebron as a major lure, the Nets could surely pick off another star player to put with him (Chris Bosh, anyone?).

I have heard alot the last little while about LeBron going to CHI, and something about he wants Calipari as the coach, LeBron and Rose maybe.

two24four
05-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Carter missing those free throws late is hilarious after being a little baby and sitting out the game with an "injury". I'm glad ORL is losing, I don't want him sniffing a championship.

Best tweet I saw tonight about Wince, "wait did he have a graduation ceremony this afternoon?" :lol::lol:

Snipes16
05-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Dawinna's gotta be a little sour right now...

Celts are rollin...no answers for Rondo nor will the the Fakers have any

I like the Knicks to satisfy Lebron...New York is the only market large enough for his inflated ego

dw13
05-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Tough loss last night.

Can't make shots, its a shame.

b_illin
05-27-2010, 04:25 PM
What's the point of having 7 Technical Fouls = 1 game suspension rule in the playoffs if they don't enforce and continually rescind the technicals? Lame.

dw13
05-27-2010, 04:47 PM
What's the point of having 7 Technical Fouls = 1 game suspension rule in the playoffs if they don't enforce and continually rescind the technicals? Lame.

I'm a Magic fan, and he wasn't deserving of either of those T's. I'm fine with what they did. I want don't want to win on too many referee fuck ups.

Snipes16
05-27-2010, 05:05 PM

If you saw that game last night and that 2nd T on Perkins its pretty clear that the attitude of these ref's is by far the biggest problem. What an absolute disgrace by Ed Rush to put that game and possibly the series (because it was basically a game and a half suspention for Perkins) into his own hands with that ridiculous call. Perkins was walking away from the arsehole:freak: at the time of the T, ferchrissakes.

If there were ever a call that needed to be reversed it was that one and Rush should be fined or at least demoted from any further games this year. Between NBA refs and home plate MLB umps you can flip a coin as to which have the bigger attitude problems...I'm sick to death of both putting themselves ahead of the game because they dont have skin thick enough to take any kind of criticism unlike their NHL and NFL counterparts who at least let the boys vent without tossing them.

two24four
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Could we really see two Boston teams up 3-0 in a best of 7 and up losing both in the same season?

b_illin
05-28-2010, 10:26 AM
The news that Joe Johnson, Dwayne Wade and LeBron James (and Bosh as well) are going to meet before July 1 to discuss (aka coordinate) where they might sign. That pisses me off. Besides it being kinda no different than owners colluding, why do these fucks need everyone to know this? Couldn't they just meet without it having to be splashed all over the media? I am already sick of this shit and there is at least another month of it. I kinda want them all to go to the same team so everyone can see how fucking ridiculous the suggestion is - it would seriously destroy the competitivness of the league IMO.

Anyway, if they want to meet, meet, but stop stroking your egos with media reports on this shit!

two24four
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
D-Wade says it's not true about the four of them having a planned summit, he says he does want to talk to some of them, but nothing is planned.

I do think at least two of them sign together, and maybe three of them, I dont think all four could sign toegether.

dw13
05-28-2010, 01:12 PM
D-Wade says it's not true about the four of them having a planned summit, he says he does want to talk to some of them, but nothing is planned.

I do think at least two of them sign together, and maybe three of them, I dont think all four could sign toegether.

It's only possible for 2 of them to go, and thats only to the Knicks. Right now, that's the only team with room for 2 max contracts so I'd be (Johnson/Wade or LBJ and Bosh).

Nets still have room to clear if they want 2 max deals.

(They could take a paycut, but in todays world, who does that?)

dw13
06-07-2010, 07:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5259123

Izzo linked with the Cavs job.

Spartan
06-07-2010, 01:53 PM
He's not going anywhere.

canuckthug
06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
^
If Lebron signs with Cleveland, he would be crazy not to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder why they go 2-2-1-1-1 in the other rounds but change it to 2-3-2 for the finals.
Series 1-1 right now. If Rondo continues to be the best Celtic, i don't see the Lakers winning. Rondo is sick. Phil Jackson is 47-0 when his team wins the first game of a series. Crazy stat. This is an awsome matchup but its getting no love on HI...

Boston/ New England ---> city of Champions! Every year they have a team in the finals of a major sport. (except hockey!! )

dw13
06-07-2010, 07:07 PM
City of Champions. Ha.

I hope Izzo doesn't leave. NBA is about players, College Ball is about the coaches.

Spartan
06-07-2010, 07:15 PM
City of Champions. Ha.

I hope Izzo doesn't leave. NBA is about players, College Ball is about the coaches.He is not leaving. This offer is worse that the Hawks offer a few years back. At least that team was young and could take some coaching. What happens exactly when Lebron doesn't chase a rebound hard enough and gets benched for a half?

dw13
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
He is not leaving. This offer is worse that the Hawks offer a few years back. At least that team was young and could take some coaching. What happens exactly when Lebron doesn't chase a rebound hard enough and gets benched for a half?

Completely agree. Has he come out and completely shunned it though? I saw on ESPN something about the NBA doesn't intrigue him until he wins another title, but nothing about this Cavs thing.

canuckthug
06-07-2010, 07:54 PM
City of Champions. Ha.

I hope Izzo doesn't leave. NBA is about players, College Ball is about the coaches.

The Patriots winning 3 superbowls. (02, 04, 05 and the almost perfect season in 08)
The Red Sox winning 2 World Series. (04, 07)
The Celtics winning 1 Championship in 2008 and going for 1 more in 2010.

That's alot of parades dude !!

Snipes16
06-07-2010, 11:45 PM
The Patriots winning 3 superbowls. (02, 04, 05 and the almost perfect season in 08)

Dont forget back to back current NCAA hockey champs...BU and BC :beer:

two24four
06-07-2010, 11:51 PM

Dont forget you are talking to one of the biggest Patriots haters out there.

dw13
06-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Dont forget you are talking to one of the biggest Patriots haters out there.

Who me? Naaa! :lol::p

Spartan
06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Completely agree. Has he come out and completely shunned it though? I saw on ESPN something about the NBA doesn't intrigue him until he wins another title, but nothing about this Cavs thing.No and he won't. The thing is that although MSU is arguably the top program in college basketball over the last decade, they are still not an elite program. UNC, Kansas, Duke, Syracuse and Kentucky are at a different level in terms of perception. But Izzo's last two recruiting classes have been his best ever. He is getting looks from kids that would never consider us five years ago. This attention is good for the MSU program, especially when he stays. Izzo has always said that he wants to be known as Mr. Program. This would go a long way to helping cement that image. No one would fault him if he did make the jump to the NBA, he has more than earned it. But honestly he would already be gone if that was his goal.

dw13
06-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Rumor now is the Cavs are contacting Kelvin Sampson

I'm serious, too. :lol:

secol
06-08-2010, 06:50 PM
i'm still lakers in 6 :)

dw13
06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5271586

Izzo leaning towards heading to the Cavs.

Spartan
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Either Brian Gregory if they stay inside the Izzo tree or Bill Self if they go outside. Gut feeling is Gregory although I still don't believe Izzo leaves.

dw13
06-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Either Brian Gregory if they stay inside the Izzo tree or Bill Self if they go outside. Gut feeling is Gregory although I still don't believe Izzo leaves.

Won't take much away from Self, but I cannot stand him.

Stay within the Izzo tree.

Spartan
06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Won't take much away from Self, but I cannot stand him.

Stay within the Izzo tree.With the state in as bad of financial shape as it is, it would be a tough sell to pay a big time coach. Funny because I always felt that Tom Crean would succeed Izzo, but it would be tough to pull him away from Indiana now. Brian Gregory or Mark Montgomery are the logical choices.

This is Izzo's last chance to go to the pros, which have always intrigued him. I doubt that a decision comes quickly, most of the reports from the last 48 hours have been bullshit. We don't know what drives him. He could stay at MSU for life and become like coach K or Dean Smith. A legend comparable to Woody Hayes or Bobby Knight in Big Ten lore. He can leave for the NBA to a job where the previous coach won 60+ games and got fired. IF he wins, it will be with LBJ and he will get all the credit. Meanwhile the MSU program will be just fine as it was before Izzo and he will be known as a good coach from the past, but nothing more. It all depends on what is driving him more, the legacy he leaves or his pro aspirations. I would certainly not want to be in his shoes right now, its a tough choice.

dw13
06-10-2010, 12:51 PM
It'd be a shame if Izzo left the College game.

Spartan
06-10-2010, 11:22 PM
It'd be a shame if Izzo left the College game.Take this for what its worth. I think its encouraging.

http://noise.typepad.com/hey_joe/2010/06/izzo-i-did-what-i-had-to-do.html

dw13
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Make up your damn mind, Izzo.

keyboard
06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Make up your damn mind, Izzo.He did.

Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said Tuesday that he will not take the Cleveland Cavaliers job.

dw13
06-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Good deal.

Thanks for listening, Tom.

Spartan
06-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Thank you Tom.

Now get to hanging a green banner in Breslin next year.

dw13
06-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Portland fired Kevin Pritchard because he got into it with the Blazers owner.

He's one of the best GM's in the league.

two24four
06-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Some big rumors going around saying both James and Bosh are going to sign with Chicago.

That would be some team with James, Bosh, Rose, Noah.

dw13
06-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Stephen A. reporting that LeBron and Bosh to go to Miami to play with Wade.

It's a fiasco right now. I'd rather not pay attention to it, but it's all over the media :\

b_illin
06-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Stephen A. reporting that LeBron and Bosh to go to Miami to play with Wade.

It's a fiasco right now. I'd rather not pay attention to it, but it's all over the media :\

All that would do is sully the leagues rep - if that happened all sense of competitiveness would essentially go out the window.

keyboard
06-30-2010, 02:12 PM
A report from Miami says the Raptors and Heat have agreed to a sign-and-trade transaction that would see Chris Bosh (http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar.com/basketball/player.cgi?924) head to Florida as soon as the NBA free agent signing period is open.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/chrisbosh/article/830455--report-says-raptors-shipping-chris-bosh-to-miami-heat?bn=1

b_illin
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
These NBA guys are ridiculous. I know I won't be tuning into LeBron's special news conference (aka his everyone look at me moment)

Get over yourselves!

madsci
07-07-2010, 01:17 PM
These NBA guys are ridiculous. I know I won't be tuning into LeBron's special news conference (aka his everyone look at me moment)

Get over yourselves!

Seriously.

ih8music
07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I heard he's going to sit on a big throne and give each NBA exec 5 mins to make his case for going to their team. The elimination challenges should be exciting.

madsci
07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I heard he's going to sit on a big throne and give each NBA exec 5 mins to make his case for going to their team. The elimination challenges should be exciting.

ha, nice - they should open trapdoors under the executives he doesn't choose. Or let them use a lifeline by calling LeBron's friend to help them make their case. Damn, these free agents have dragged it out this long, why not turn it into a whole summer miniseries?

two24four
07-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Elliott Friedman had the best tweet I read so for on twitter today.

This NBA free agency is embarrassing. The greatest players of past three decades -- Jordan, Johnson, Bird, Bryant -- never acted like this

I agree 110%.

madsci
07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Wait and see how the Kovy saga plays out... ;)

dw13
07-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Get over yourselves!

You've paid attention this far. This whole thing has been about ego stroking.

b_illin
07-07-2010, 03:13 PM
You've paid attention this far. This whole thing has been about ego stroking.

Yes, but mostly because of Bosh being on the team I cheer for...if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have paid nearly as much attention. (and yes, it isall about ego stroking...especially for Bosh, the LeBron and Wade is way back there as I don't think his ego is as big. It cracks me up that Bosh seems to have tried to get loads of attention and look cool and all and a) while he has gotten attention, it's not as much as he hoped for I would think and there has been some bad press/attention as well and b) he'll be overshadowed by LeBron the second he signs a deal)

phaneuf6
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Is it me or are the only professional sports players that exhibit some level of professionalism and maturity, NHL players?

two24four
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Is it me or are the only professional sports players that exhibit some level of professionalism and maturity, NHL players?

Hockey and Lacrosse players IMO, they both are also the best to talk too and hang out with for the most part.

dw13
07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Soccer players, as well. But yeah, Basketball is full of egos, same with Football.

madsci
07-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Hockey and Lacrosse players IMO, they both are also the best to talk too and hang out with for the most part.

I don't know why, but I have the impression that lacrosse players are sorta different types between Canada and the US. My impression is that US lacrosse players tend to be prep school guys, whereas that isn't the case in Canada (I certainly am not...). Is that true?

ps. I tend to agree with the hockey player thing, though I knew a lot of d-bag junior players growing up. Big (and young) fish in small towns. The good ones tended to straighten out as they got older.

phaneuf6
07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't know why, but I have the impression that lacrosse players are sorta different types between Canada and the US. My impression is that US lacrosse players tend to be prep school guys, whereas that isn't the case in Canada (I certainly am not...). Is that true?

ps. I tend to agree with the hockey player thing, though I knew a lot of d-bag junior players growing up. Big (and young) fish in small towns. The good ones tended to straighten out as they got older.

Most of the time the dbags don't make it. They're dbags because they're unrealistic about their talent and abilities. I know too many of those guys. I was talking at the highest level though, NHL, NFL, NBA, etc.

madsci
07-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Most of the time the dbags don't make it. They're dbags because they're unrealistic about their talent and abilities. I know too many of those guys. I was talking at the highest level though, NHL, NFL, NBA, etc.

Yeah, I agree. I was a bit surprised when I was a kid/teen that the guys who acted like the biggest stars were the guys who didn't make it, while a lot of the quiet guys did and had decent careers. The "stars" were usually overage players who may have had skills but lacked the work ethic and commitment to take it to the next level and were too busy being teenage heroes. I think of guys for the Generals like Stephane Yelle who was a late round draft choice out of Oshawa but went on to have a 15 year (and counting) NHL career.

dw13
07-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Sounds like LeBron will join Bosh and Wade in Miami.

two24four
07-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Sounds like LeBron will join Bosh and Wade in Miami.

I had this feeling yesterday when hearing Bosh and Wade talk, kind of reading between the lines of what they where saying when they got talking about LeBron.

That will be an unreal team if true, not much depth though.

b_illin
07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Way to ruin the competitiveness of the NBA guys....what a joke.

dw13
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Way to ruin the competitiveness of the NBA guys....what a joke.

I don't know about that, but...

If LeBron takes less money to win in Miami, are we calling him selfless or selfish?

pjm
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow, Lebron to the Heat to join Wade and Bosh. Pretty sure bet for them to make it to the finals... where they will hopefully be beaten by LA :D

dw13
07-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Wow, Lebron to the Heat to join Wade and Bosh. Pretty sure bet for them to make it to the finals... where they will hopefully be beaten by LA :D

I need to hear how much they're willing to take off their contracts. If its 3 stars and 7 duds, then I don't think they'll win. If they take $5M+ off their deals each and can get a Mike Miller and some good role players, then yeah, obviously.

beely
07-08-2010, 09:19 PM
wow wtf .. just wtf
they just became the team to hate

i understand bosh going to join wade because he really isn't the guy that can take a team over but lebron...
he took the easy way out to get a ring.

At least the legacy of Jordan will be untouched.

Spartan
07-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I need to hear how much they're willing to take off their contracts. If its 3 stars and 7 duds, then I don't think they'll win. If they take $5M+ off their deals each and can get a Mike Miller and some good role players, then yeah, obviously.:lol: When are the open tryouts for positions 4-12? Some of us have a shot to play with Lebron James.

dw13
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
:lol: When are the open tryouts for positions 4-12? Some of us have a shot to play with Lebron James.

I'm pretty good at around the world. Got a solid jumper on me. I'm ready to head to Vegas for Summer League ball :lol:

pjm
07-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I am an expert bench warmer and will provide my services for a league minimum contract. Please notify the Miami Heat I am ready to negotiate a contract.

nyrblue2
07-09-2010, 06:25 AM
That whole fiasco - the "decision" and the build up to it - was probably one of the most ridiculously pitiful acts I have ever seen in the world of prefessional sports. I didn't and don't give two shits about basketball and the NBA, but this has only led me to dislike it even more. I have no feelings on his actual choice to leave Cleaveland, but to have your biggest star act like that (and be enabled by the media and league) is an absolute embarassment. I don't think I have never seen anything remotely close to such a selfish act in pro sports.

The Boys and Girls Club with tons of kids sitting around whose hearts he just broke? Give me a fucking break...