fuji9991
10-15-2008, 10:09 AM
delete

aw3s0me
10-15-2008, 10:11 AM
its only 3 games ... he'll pick it up.

lektrix
10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Are there any Columbus insiders here? What's going on?

Year Team GP GS MIN W L T OTL EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008-09 CLS 3 3 170 1 2 0 0 0 12 4.23 8573. 859 0

Just like the 9 SHO he got last year.....F L U K E! :D

fuji9991
10-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I did not expect him to top last season, but I did not expect this. I certainly hope this is only temporary.

loosing Fedorov, foote, and and now pecca being suspended might be too much defense loss for this team to bear. I am certainly very worried about this season even though it's only been three games. at this rate he's going to be Columbus's backup

Hamsterkill
10-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Blue Jackets did lose Foote at the deadline...

fuji9991
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Blue Jackets did lose Foote at the deadline...

yeah but hithcock is a defence first coach

who changed the thread title this is a totally different thread now:mad: might as well delete it

boredguy
10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
You should start a thread about Crosby only having 2 assists through 4 games next!

fuji9991
10-15-2008, 04:01 PM
You should start a thread about Crosby only having 2 assists through 4 games next!

or you could take a long walk off... just kidding i know what you mean ;)

Buckeye
10-24-2008, 09:09 AM
He'll be fine. He looked awesome vs. Vancouver Tuesday night.

$T$
10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Coach Ken Hitchcock surprised everyone at practice on Tuesday as he moved Rick Nash to centre. The line of Nash, R.J. Umberger and Manny Malhotra was not performing well, so Hitchcock moved Nash between Jason Chimera and Kristian Huselius and put Umberger between Jakub Voracek and Derick Brassard. - Columbus Dispatch

WHY don't they give Brassard a shot at centering the top line?? I realize him and Voracek have showed great chemistry thus far, but why not give him a shot with Nash and Huselius?? They need someone to step up in the middle since Umberger just isn't getting it done.

Brass is their future #1C, Tied with Voracek for tops in rookie scoring.... I think he deserves a shot.

Any chance of this happening??

Thoughts?

phaneuf6
10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Is Huselius playing RW? I'd appreciate the dual elig.

$T$
10-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Is Huselius playing RW? I'd appreciate the dual elig.

Yes he is... Yahoo, or whoever determines pos. elig. this year is very slow. I hope he gets dual winger soon as well.

WinnipegWingnut
10-29-2008, 01:40 PM
WHY don't they give Brassard a shot at centering the top line??

Agreed... he's easily been their best C, and has just over a 50% FW percentage... not bad for a rookie!

alias
10-29-2008, 01:57 PM
holy shit....just thought of this....if Nash ends up doing well at center next year we could see a Filatov-Nash-Voracek line :drool:

Buckeye
10-30-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/content/sports/stories/2008/10/30/jackets_notes30.ART_ART_10-30-08_C6_FIBO9FU.html?sid=101

Jackets notebook: Nash's position to be decided today
Hitchcock won't commit to moving captain to center
Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:27 AM

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
DENVER -- Blue Jackets coach Ken Hitchcock wants to sleep one more night on the idea of playing captain Rick Nash at center.
What is becoming clear, however, is Hitchcock's motivation.
He wants Nash, a franchise winger, to skate harder and be more involved at both ends of the ice beginning tonight, when the Blue Jackets play at the Colorado Avalanche.
Nash leads the Blue Jackets with five goals, but he has appeared lethargic at times in recent games, going scoreless in three straight. During that stretch, his line has surrendered more scoring chances than it has generated.
So a switch was made in practice Tuesday, the morning after a 3-2 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Nash assumed the pivot between left winger Jason Chimera and right winger Kristian Huselius. He did so yesterday in practice, too.
"I want to think about this for another night," Hitchcock said. "(Chimera, Nash and Huselius) have looked very good in practice together. There is speed, strength and skill on that line."
Using him at center would force Nash to assume more down-low defensive responsibility and increase the chances of him skating with the puck through the neutral zone. Hitchcock hinted that third- or fourth-liner Jiri Novotny could play between Nash and Huselius, too.
Nash said the conversion to center could be a temporary move. He acknowledged that he has been guilty, at times, of standing around and waiting for the puck, instead of getting himself involved in the play.
Rookie stays put

Hitchcock said he won't elevate rookie center Derick Brassard to the top line between Nash and Huselius.
Brassard and rookie linemate Jake Voracek were tied for second in the NHL in rookie scoring with seven points entering last night's games. Hitchcock does not want to expose Brassard to the toughest defensive matchups that accompany playing on a line with Nash.
"They (Brassard and Voracek) feel good about themselves, they feel good about their success," he said. "When you play them with Nash, all of a sudden you get top players checking them every night. When you have young players who are offensive players, they have to have success offensively.
"One of things that happens is when you put a young player against a top line, they never have the puck. They are always chasing the puck. We don't want them chasing the puck. We want them playing with the puck."

Dvddeen
10-31-2008, 12:37 AM
Looks like Voracek might have been moved down to the 3rd line tonight. He only had 12:07 mins of ice time. Think this is something temporary or going to continue?

tgalv
10-31-2008, 02:01 AM
since when did he play a lot?

Katharsis
10-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Yeah... you have to remember this is Ken Hitchcock here. He isn't about awarding more icetime even when you lead the team in scoring, like Brassard and Voracek are... they're young and must only be played 10-12 mins a night....

god i hate you hitchcock. and trotz.

ABC.com
10-31-2008, 06:14 AM
for the past 3-4 games . . . the only line that has been clicking in columbus is the voracek and brassard line . . . and they still don't get the point

StrongArmSu
10-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Voracek has been playing 10-13 mins a game on avg..this is nothing to be worried about

WinnipegWingnut
10-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Voracek was fairly quiet last night, but Brassard was great! Every player will have a slow game, Jacob will pick it back up, no worries. :)

lektrix
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
oh my nash

Katharsis
10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
These mix and match super threads being made are getting confusing...

Buckeye
01-07-2010, 01:08 PM
What the fuck happened to the Blue Jackets? What is the national perspective? I am only getting the local point of view. Hitchcock is on the hot seat from the fans and media, but a vote of confidence from management. They are essentially the same team that made the palyoffs last season. Obvious reasons: Mason's sophomore slump, Commodore's shitty season. I think letting Filatov go back to Russia was a huuuuge mistake, fully blaming Hitchcock's inflexibility and handling of young players. A perfect example is Brassard and Voracek not performing up to potential. Very interested in outside thoughts.

Rocklobster
01-07-2010, 01:13 PM
hitchock needs to be fired. there is too much talent on that team, to be playing so crappy

CanuckleHead604
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Hitchcock has to go. If Columbus had drafted Kane, Toews or Tavares, they would all be playing 8 minutes a game on the 3rd line....he can't coach young talent... or has no respect for them.

phaneuf6
01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Letting Filatov go was a big mistake. He should've been getting big time minutes, playing with or just behind Nash. The kid has huge talent, and could have probably scored 25-30 goals this year had he been given the chance.

I think Hitchcock's inexperience handling the young guys can be a partial explanation for Mason's slump. I feel like Columbus should really try to grab a junior coach with a good resume. I don't think he'd go for it, but Stan Butler would be a great fit IMO in Columbus.

two24four
01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Letting Filatov go was a big mistake. He should've been getting big time minutes, playing with or just behind Nash. The kid has huge talent, and could have probably scored 25-30 goals this year had he been given the chance.

I think Hitchcock's inexperience handling the young guys can be a partial explanation for Mason's slump. I feel like Columbus should really try to grab a junior coach with a good resume. I don't think he'd go for it, but Stan Butler would be a great fit IMO in Columbus.

Stan Butler is a good OHL coach, but not great IMO, I dont think he would be a good NHL coach.

I think Hitch will be gone soon, and they will bring in Mac T or someone like that.

phaneuf6
01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Stan Butler is a good OHL coach, but not great IMO, I dont think he would be a good NHL coach.

I think Hitch will be gone soon, and they will bring in Mac T or someone like that.

I don't know. I mean, hes developed a lot of great talent and his players have had a lot of success at the NHL level. Maybe in an assistant coach role he'd be better suited, that way he can work with the young guys but not have to coach an entire team.

Hamsterkill
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah I think the situation is looking somewhat similar to what Pittsburgh under Therrien was doing. Hitch may have lost the players' faith and is punishing them to try and bring them back under his thumb. I sense a coaching change sooner or later.

Hamsterkill
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't know. I mean, hes developed a lot of great talent and his players have had a lot of success at the NHL level. Maybe in an assistant coach role he'd be better suited, that way he can work with the young guys but not have to coach an entire team.
I doubt they try to bring up a Jr coach. They could just try to promote their coach in Syracuse, though. Coaching Jr hockey is a little too different from the NHL level because your main job there is to foster development in all the players. At the NHL level you need to worry about winning games more and leave the development of the younger players to assistants, I would think.

two24four
01-07-2010, 02:49 PM

He's a better GM then coach IMO, I find his teams over the years to be very, very boring to watch. The team he had last year was going to be really good no matter who coached it.

alias
01-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Wondering what the thoughts are on Brassard....is he having the typical sophomore slump? Is he still the future #1 center of this team? What's going on with him?

bretthullfan
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
It's more about Bitchcock not trusting him... he has all the talent in the world... but Ken's a horrible coach.. I never liked him... and he can't even get his team to play proper shut-down hockey for the life of him

Chilly_Willy
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I am starting to think Hitchcock's days in Columbus are numbered. I think the players that are slumping and or getting disinfranchised with Hitch are more important to the team than his coaching. I used to think he was great for the team but that team is a disaster this year. Perhaps players like Fedorov, Peca, Foote were providing more to the team then he was.

phaneuf6
02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308802

Hitchcock is gone.

szuturon
02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308802

Hitchcock is gone.

Think Filatov will come back now?

moans
02-03-2010, 04:29 PM
It's about fucking time. They have WAY too many young players for Hitch. Maybe Mason will start to actually play some puck now. That sv% looks very socceresque.

phaneuf6
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I can't see Filatov coming back this year. Hopefully next.

two24four
02-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Think Filatov will come back now?

Next year, he has to be happy now.

mrtybrodur30
02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes, im very happy now. Go Filatov! Should be nice when he does play without Hitch on the bench

pjm
02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Yay, hopefully Filatov comes back next season

Buckeye
02-11-2010, 11:02 AM
3-0 under Claude Noel. Mason has regained last season's form, blanking the Sabres and Sharks in the last two games. Brassard and Voracek are completely different players, drawing plenty of ice time, even in crucial situations, where Hitch would NEVER have trusted them.

moans
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
3-0 under Claude Noel. Mason has regained last season's form, blanking the Sabres and Sharks in the last two games. Brassard and Voracek are completely different players, drawing plenty of ice time, even in crucial situations, where Hitch would NEVER have trusted them.

What a surprise, you play your skilled players in skilled roles and they actually produce. An improved Mason makes all the difference for the Jackers.

Chilly_Willy
02-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I am so glad Hitchcock is gone. IMO he was taking the team in the wrong direction. It was nice to see the success last season but this season was killer and the whole Filotov situation was rediculous. I hope the new guy can get these Russians going and take this young team to the next level. Last year the last period of the last playoff game this team look awesome, like they finally got playoff hockey, then that fricking ref with the most B.S. too many men on the ice call in history. Anyway here is to looking forward. Go Jackets!

Hamsterkill
03-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Damn, Columbus, 5 shots through two periods? Really??

redwingbill
03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
The team is a train wreck. Defense blows, Scorers under performing, Mase letting in some easy goals! Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hamsterkill
03-09-2010, 01:20 AM
And an 11 save shutout for Quick. I'd be really disappointed if an opponent had him this week.

alias
06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Jackets to name Scott Arniel as head coach. Looks like Boucher wants to wait it out in Hamilton and get Martin's job in a few years.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=323897

Buckeye
06-22-2010, 12:38 PM
CBJ unveil their 10th year logo, which will be a patch on the uniform:
http://www.10tv.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/10tv/sports/stories/2010/06/22/images_cbj_10th_anniversary.jpg

I like it!

Dubz
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Makes an awesome avatar

Buckeye
06-22-2010, 01:00 PM
makes an awesome avatar

indeed!

Kyle
06-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Looks clean, not bad at all.

Buckeye
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Anyone know anything about Arniel? Thoughts on his coaching style, chances of success in CBus?

Buckeye
06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Blue Jackets Claim Moreau
The Blue Jackets have claimed veteran left winger Ethan Moreau on waivers from the Edmonton Oilers, The Dispatch has learned.

Moreau, 34, was put on waivers by the Oilers on Tuesday with the intention of buying out the remaining one year and $1.75 million on his contract. The Blue Jackets wanted to claim Moreau rather than let him become a free agent on Thursday, sources said, where he'd be seeking a two- or three-year contract.

He is seen as a perfect compliment on the Blue Jackets' third line with center Sammy Pahlsson. The Blue Jackets can certainly use his size, intensity and veteran presence in the dressing room.
The addition of Moreau means the Blue Jackets are now unlikely to pursue a fourth-line center in free agency, although they could wait until later in the summer to see if such a player stays on the market longer than expected.

This means the Blue Jackets will play Andrew Murray, Mike Blunden or Derek MacKenzie on the fourth line this season.

canuckthug
06-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Anyone know anything about Arniel? Thoughts on his coaching style, chances of success in CBus?

He handles the media well. He knows hockey and hes pretty young. I also think hes a "players coach" and he was never a problem here. The Manitoba Moose made the playoffs every year he coached. One year they went to the finals and lost to the Hersey Bears. He won coach of the year that season i belieive. I think he is a good coach and he should have a smooth transition into the big league because he has assistant coach experience with the Sabres and played some seasons in the NHL. Like I said, hes well spoken and knows what hes doing. He was hired for a reason but winning consistently in the NHL is a greater challenge then coaching in the AHL. The Manitoba Moose had solid goaltending and good goaltending can make coaches look good. If memory serves me well, Mason overachieved as a rookie or underachieved as a sophmore. It remains to be seen and however the dust settles in Columbus, the Blue Jackets did not get good goaltending last season. If that trend continues, it wont matter what Arniel brings to the table.

If the Blue Jackets do hire Scott Arniel, hockey fans in Columbus are likely to see an offensively capable, defensively responsible team: In Arniel’s first three seasons with the Moose, they did not finish lower than third overall in goals against, and were in the top half in goals scored.

redwingbill
07-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Aportzline (http://twitter.com/Aportzline)
No expected moves by the #CBJ (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23CBJ) this weekend. Have a great holiday folks. Happy 4th and thanks for the follow.

Buckeye
07-05-2010, 09:28 AM
The Blue Jackets will complete their coaching staff today with a surprising hire.
Bob Boughner, a former NHL defenseman who has achieved great success coaching in the Canadian junior ranks, will be named an assistant to Scott Arniel, The Dispatch has learned.

Boughner has coached the Windsor Spitfires to two straight Memorial Cups — the Stanley Cup of junior hockey — and is a majority owner in that franchise.
With such a lucrative, successful situation — and in his hometown, no less — many thought Boughner would be reluctant to leave the Spitfires except for a head-coaching position with one of the NHL’s glamour franchises.

Neither Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson nor Boughner responded to messages left by The Dispatch, and Windsor general manager Warren Rychel would not comment.
But multiple NHL sources said that Boughner’s hiring would be made official by the Blue Jackets today.

He’ll join a staff that includes Brad Berry and Dan Hinote. Each had solid NHL careers.
Boughner played in 630 NHL games with six clubs, totaling 15 goals, 57 assists and 1,382 penalty minutes. He had 106 fighting majors.

Former NHL players Randy Cunneyworth and Mike Ramsey were among the candidates who interviewed for the opening.

alias
07-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I like these moves by the Jackets. They were widely criticized as not grooming their young guys properly, now with Arniel & Boughner the young guys should thrive. Good news for owners of Nash, Brassard, Voracek, Mason, and hopefully Filatov.

Chilly_Willy
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes I am really dissapointed in what Hitch and crew did with that team. On paper Columbus should be much better than they managed last season.

Buckeye
09-21-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/09/21/souray-is-worth-the-risk-for-jackets.html?sid=101

The Blue Jackets have spoken to the Edmonton Oilers about Sheldon Souray, the most available defenseman in recent NHL history. The two clubs have been trading partners in the past, and there is a potential fit here. There is a deal that would work for both sides.
But it is not a no-brainer.
Souray has long been lobbying for a trade, and there have been no takers. He is 34 years old, he has missed 102 games to injury the past two seasons and his cap hit is $5.4million in each of the next two years. What is more, he has been portrayed as a malcontent.
Souray in April pilloried Oilers management. Among other things, he said, "You talk about Prongs (Chris Pronger) and guys like that, and it should raise an eyebrow when players who leave town are skipping out with a smile on his face."
That is not burning a bridge, it is napalming.
The Oilers are in a rebuilding mode. They were happy when another of their outspoken veterans, Ethan Moreau, a former captain, was claimed by the Blue Jackets off waivers in June. They did not want Souray anywhere near their young players, which is why they banned him from training camp.
Think about this for a second, and put yourself in the shoes of general manager Scott Howson. He has a youthful roster he thinks is on the cusp of breaking out under a new coach, and he has Moreau. Does he introduce Souray?
Howson, formerly the assistant GM of the Oilers, knows Moreau well and thought it important to add his presence and leadership. Moreau speaks highly of Souray. For that matter, as does Rick Nash. Is that enough vetting to ignore all of Souray's checkered past?
Oilers GM Steve Tambellini has been trying to move Souray for at least nine months. He has canvassed the league, so of course he has spoken to the Jackets. There is a fit here.
As colleague Aaron Portzline has surmised: The Jackets have long indicated a desire to upgrade their defense; Souray's cannonading slap shot is a game-changer on the power play; the Oilers are looking for at least one defenseman in return, and they have cap space to be accommodating; the Oilers, if they so desire, could take Mike Commodore's contract (three more years with an annual cap hit of $3.75million) and thus give the Jackets the budget space for Souray.
The Commodore-for-Souray rumor was thrown around Sunday, when the Jackets' best offensive defenseman, Kris Russell, suffered a knee injury that will keep him out of the lineup for up to a month. But, really, Russell's injury doesn't change the dynamic to a great degree. Does a team leap at Souray, taking on another $1million in salary, when Russell might not even miss a regular-season game?
Howson declined to comment yesterday on the Souray rumor, which is not a shocking development as addressing rumors is not smart business. He seemed sincere when he said, "Right now, I'm just looking forward to seeing how our defense plays in training camp."
The same goes for Tambellini. If he is thinking about Commodore - who is coming off a dreadful season - he might want to get his scouts to a couple of the Jackets' exhibitions, eh?
In any case, Souray is in a holding pattern. The Oilers might waive Souray on Saturday with the hope that he is claimed upon re-entry - and, if he is, the Oilers are off the hook (or on the hook, depending on one's perspective) for half of Souray's salary. It would be better to make a trade, though, and get something in return.
Even if a potential deal between the Jackets and the Oilers is straight-up and neither side requires a sweetener (do they?), the matter requires a lot of thought. If you are Howson, do you take on an aging, injury-prone defenseman of questionable reputation?
I would do it.
Souray is a risk worth taking. If he comes aboard, he would be the best defenseman on the Jackets' roster - arguably, the best they have ever had. He says he is healthy and seeking redemption. His swagger and brashness would be welcome among a troop of Boy Scouts, in a town where season-ticket sales have tanked, on a team with a huge hole on the power play.

Hamsterkill
09-21-2010, 04:27 PM
By the way, how has John Moore been looking so far in camp? Anyone know?

Hamsterkill
12-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Huh. Just found out Filatov was assigned to the AHL again. Can't say I ever really liked the kid, but I expected he'd at least be kept in the NHL to show him off for trade.

... Then again, I guess he hadn't been showing much.

phaneuf6
12-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I'd welcome Filatov in Toronto but i doubt Burke goes after him. Wilson wouldn't be the right coach for him either I suppose.

But I doubt Columbus are going to give up on him already.

Hamsterkill
12-11-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd welcome Filatov in Toronto but i doubt Burke goes after him. Wilson wouldn't be the right coach for him either I suppose.

But I doubt Columbus are going to give up on him already.
He's only got one more year to prove he's capable of playing at the NHL level before he's an RFA. I would not be surprised to see the Jackets use him as a chip in a trade before then.

phaneuf6
12-11-2010, 09:07 PM
He's only got one more year to prove he's capable of playing at the NHL level before he's an RFA. I would not be surprised to see the Jackets use him as a chip in a trade before then.

I guess so... Gilbert Brule comes to mind.

Buckeye
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2012/01/arniel-fired.html

Arniel fired. Thank God this was done before the season was lost......:rolleyes:

Buckeye
04-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Went to the Blue Jacket's season finale last night. Had to be there in case it was Nash's last game in a CBJ sweater. I was there for his first. Had a great night, all things considered. A disappointing season comes to an end. Praying for the first over pick.

Had the pleasure of meeting Freddy Modin. What a great guy:

Buckeye
04-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I will never forget February 10, 1990. Our hometown boy did the impossible, beat the unbeatable, knocked out Iron Mike Tyson:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/876/img0079ja.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/img0079ja.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Buckeye
04-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Anyone remember Ohio State linebacker great Andy Katzenmoyer? He also played in the NFL briefly with the Patriots:
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7363/img0083ip.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/img0083ip.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

canuckthug
04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Sorry Buckeye, you guys dropped from #1 to #2. Nail will be an Oiler.

Hamsterkill
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Sorry Buckeye, you guys dropped from #1 to #2. Nail will be an Oiler.

Not sure about that. I think Edmonton would do better to trade the pick. They already have enough young star forwards. What they need is some better defense -- which there will be plenty of if they don't go too far down.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Not sure about that. I think Edmonton would do better to trade the pick. They already have enough young star forwards. What they need is some better defense -- which there will be plenty of if they don't go too far down.

+1

phaneuf6
04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Might be a blessing in disguise for Columbus. They can avoid the Russian now, considering their past history with Russian picks.

Raja
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Might be a blessing in disguise for Columbus. They can avoid the Russian now, considering their past history with Russian picks.

This. Edmonton is still best to draft Yakupov though, unless they get an incredible deal to trade down.

alias
04-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I think Edmonton deals their pick and their first 2 phone calls will be to Columbus and Montreal. Murray will be available for them at #3 and if they can swap the picks and get another asset that might be the best thing for them. They'd get Murray & an NHL ready d-man or something. Of course a Nashville trade could be interesting. The 1st for Weber or Suter, as long as they agree to sign with Edmonton.

two24four
04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
CLB should keep their 2nd overall pick and take Forsberg or Galchenyuk. Yes Galchenyuk has a Russian backround, but he was born in the US, so going to the KHL I doubt is at the top of his list.

phaneuf6
04-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Edmonton won't be too considered with losing out on Murray... even they don't get him they get Reilly, Dumba, etc.

two24four
04-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Edmonton won't be too considered with losing out on Murray... even they don't get him they get Reilly, Dumba, etc.

Agreed, top of this draft is loaded with top d-man prspects.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling if the Oilers do take a d-man, it will be Dumba. They might also like Reinhart who plays for the Edmonton Oil Kings who play right at the Rexall Centre.

Buckeye
04-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Still miffed.........

Buckeye
05-15-2012, 02:28 PM
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2012/05/untagged.html

Untagged Posted May 15, 2012 by Shawn Mitchell | 0 comments
The feeling-out process of coach Todd Richards ended this afternoon in feel-good fashion in Nationwide Arena, where the Blue Jackets officially removed the ‘interim’ tag from Richards’ title during a press conference on the arena concourse.
Richards said he it was a “very happy, proud and exciting” moment for him. The former Minnesota Wild coach is ready to begin his second stint as an NHL head coach. He agreed to a two-year contract that runs through the 2013-14 season.

“I’ve compared the interim tag to being a substitute teacher,” Richards said. “You’re kind of holding down the fort that day, and sometimes the children of the class will try to take some liberties. Credit to the players, I don’t think they tried to take liberties. But there is great excitement knowing that this is my team now.”

The Blue Jackets did not formally interview any external candidates. General manager Scott Howson said he was contacted by “8-10” coaches who expressed an interest in the position. The club considered candidates currently available and those expected to soon be available and decided there was no need to pursue any external candidates.

“Really, Todd had a three-month interview and he passed it with flying colors,” Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson.

Howson was satisfied with an 18-21-2 record in the second half under Richards, who replaced Scott Arniel after 41 games. The Blue Jackets went 11-8 after March 1 and won five of their final six games. They were 14-0 when leading after two periods under Richards, a former Arniel assistant.

Would Richards still be their man had those numbers been less positive?

“(That is) a difficult question to answer,” Howson said. “I think given the circumstances of where the club was (a fragile 11-25-5 under Arniel), I was really looking to see how competitive we were going to be. With the players that we lost during the time that he coached, you’re just looking to see how we competed. The good news is that when you compete really well you have success. That’s what happened here.”

And so Richards, 45, enters the 2012-13 season with confidence, and not necessarily surprised that he is back behind the bench as an NHL head coach so soon after being fired by Minnesota last year.

“I’m not perfect,” Richards said. “There is still room for improvement. The things I went through in Minnesota, I learned from. There is always a wealth of up and coming coaches, but going back to last season, the circumstances, it led me to be confident in how I performed as a head coach.”

Richards said he approached the offseason under the assumption that he would be back with the Blue Jackets. He has spent the past few weeks watching playoff hockey. It has been an adrenaline boost.

“I’m enjoying watching the games,” Richards said. “The playoffs have been tremendous. Where you are chomping at the bit is watching those games, wanting to be a part of it. That’s what really gets me going, gets the blood flowing. That’s what I want to be a part of.”

Howson and senior advisor Craig Patrick said they monitored Richards closely in the second half. They liked what they saw, of course. Winger R.J. Umberger did, too.

Umberger and winger Vinny Prospal attended today’s press conference. The Blue Jackets provided written comments from other five other players, as well. Umberger said the second half was not to be disregarded because of the meaninglessness of the games.

“It was the level of commitment he got from our players and the level of competiveness we had,” Umberger said of Richards. “I have a lot of respect for coach Arniel but a fresh face was really good for us. (Richards) gets you to work hard but you don’t realize you are working hard because you’re having so much fun doing it. That’s a key difference.

“The great thing with (Richards) is that he is demanding but he cares about his players and not just how they’re performing on the ice. He made a huge effort in wanting to know guys, knowing about their families, We’d call a player up (from Springfield) and in front of the group he would welcome them in. If somebody scored their 100th goal or whatever, he’d congratulate them. That has nothing to do with winning, but it has something to do with building a culture that we’re family, that we care about each other. That was a huge thing he brought to our team.”

Prospal was pleased that the decision was made so early in the offseason.

“The hockey season, sure it’s over for us, but it’s not over around the league,” Prospal said. “They could have been waiting for a long time for somebody else but I really like the continuity in this whole process. This way, it’s a lot easier.”

Side dishes
--Former coach and Jack Adams Award finalist Ken Hitchcock, fresh off a fantastic season with the Blues, was in town tying up loose ends today. He was spotted having a chat with Blue Jackets president Mike Priest in the arena’s Tim Hortons.

--Richards said he has made no decisions regarding his coaching staff. “Nothing has been done or decided but it will be something that I will look at in the next week to two weeks,” he said.

-- Richards is not a screamer, nor is he a mumbler. In fact, he can be downright vanilla at times. But Prospal said none of that matters as long as the system is sound. “He’s got his way that he is coaching and teaching,” Prospal said. “Everybody is different. I’ve played for quiet coaches and vocal coaches. Todd has a structure, accountability, a system. It all starts in the practices. Then when you get (to the games), then you can be a little vanilla. Sure, you have coaches that put more emphasis on something else, but Todd is this way. We know we all have to earn our ice time. I wasn’t here long enough to know how it was the year before and know how much has changed. But you could clearly see the differences in the practices when Todd was the head coach. I don’t know why. We all should professional no matter who runs the practice, you should always put more than 100 percent out there.

--Howson brushed aside a question about the status of captain Rick Nash, who asked for a trade this winter. Richards said he was preparing for the season under the assumption that Nash and every other player on the roster would be back next year, although he acknowledged that some major changes will likely occur on draft day and beyond. But he said his tenure as head coach should have a much smoother beginning than his stint as interim coach. “It should be easier when you go from the start with these guys. Having training camp to prepare, it should be easier.”

--Richards doesn’t expect to implement any major systemic or stylistic changes, but “a lot of times identity is created by the personnel that you have and the commitment of the players to play a certain way,” he said. “Hopefully that will be decided by October. We have a pretty clear idea as a staff (of what we want) and hopefully we can relay that on to the players.”

Buckeye
05-15-2012, 02:31 PM
"The Blue Jackets did not formally interview any external candidates."

Wow.

Just wow......

Buckeye
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
This guys hits the nail right on the head:
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/stories/2012/05/15/safe-move-hardly-gives-fans-reason-to-rejoice.html

The news that Blue Jackets interim coach Todd Richards was having the interim tag removed from his title was first posted on Dispatch.com yesterday morning. Accompanying the story was a file photo of Richards, shown standing behind the bench, wearing a placid look on his face, his hands in his pockets. Behind him, there is a woman in the stands — and she is yawning large.

That about covers it.

The Blue Jackets are in desperate need of a cultural shakeup. With Richards, they took the safe route and maintained the status quo. Yawwwn. The fans have moved beyond angst to ennui, and this latest move is not going to shake them out of it.

The fans endured a 30th-place finish in a 30-team league, and at midseason, a few hundred of them staged a protest in an effort to get the front office swept clean. The effort was for naught. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. And say hello, again, to Richards, who was reintroduced at a news conference on the main concourse of Nationwide Arena yesterday afternoon. He is the Blue Jackets’ sixth full-time coach in 12 years.
Dave King and Ger
ard Gallant were hired during the Doug MacLean administration, and neither had a winning season. In between, MacLean coached at the behest of late owner John H. McConnell, an experiment that lasted less than a full season.

McConnell himself hired Ken Hitchcock in 2006, and under Hitch, the Jackets experienced their only winning season and made their lone playoff appearance in 2009. General manager Scott Howson fired Hitchcock in 2010 because the coach had lost the players, particularly the younger ones.

At the time, team president Mike Priest said: “You can’t get around the fact that this club has underperformed. … Nobody wants to see Hitch go. He’s a good, good man. But it was time.”

Enter Scott Arniel, who was selected over Kevin Dineen, Paul MacLean and another interim, Claude Noel, 23 months ago. Arniel promised an up-tempo style and was touted as someone who could reach the younger players, the core of the team. Arniel lasted exactly 11/2 seasons and had a record of 45-60-18.

“He did everything he could,” Howson said in January. “He’s a good coach. He’s a good person. He worked very hard at it. The team was prepared. It just didn’t work for him with this group.”

This time around, no search was conducted. Howson said he was contacted by eight to 10 candidates who were interested in the job, and he told them that he would call back if he was interested.
“It never got to that point,” Howson said yesterday. “We kept coming back to Todd as the right person.”

We can believe Howson is sincere, but can we trust that he is right?
Richards had a mediocre record (77-71-16) in his two seasons behind the Minnesota Wild bench. He had a middling record (18-21-2) as the Blue Jackets’ interim coach. He is a good person and maybe even a good coach, but where have we heard that before? His personality is not exactly dynamic, and his hire does not inspire. That is the rub.

One would think the Blue Jackets might have considered getting someone who would at least light a fire on the bench and in the locker room, someone with a track record — perhaps Michel Therrien, or Mike Keenan, or Ron Wilson — someone who could alter a longstanding culture.
That is the Blue Jackets’ problem — it is cultural. The franchise needs a good shake, but owner John P. McConnell is sticking with his man Priest, and they are sticking with Howson — who made a major mistake with the Arniel hire and now presents Richards.

Maybe this will all work out. Maybe the Blue Jackets trade Rick Nash for a lode of talent, find a goaltender and use the No. 2 overall draft pick to get an NHL-ready star-to-be, and maybe Richards makes it all work. It is possible. Besides, they are overdue for any bit of dumb luck.

Is that what they are selling?

Is anyone buying?

Buckeye
06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Thoughts on Ryan Murray. Is he NHL ready? Where does he fit with Wiz, Jack Johnson, Tyutin, Methot, Nikitin, etc.?

WIS
06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
I've heard he'll be on their roster next year. He's ready.

WIS
06-23-2012, 06:17 PM
I like your pick of Dansk in the second round.

Raja
06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
think he's ready and would probably see sheltered minutes to start but end up 2nd pairing. Maybe 2nd PP but probably more as a defensive defenseman like Hedman to start. As long as Johnson/Wiz don't play together you've still improved!

Hamsterkill
06-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I know the Jackets think Moore is ready at this point, too. It may come down to Moore and Murray fighting for a spot.

two24four
06-23-2012, 09:47 PM
I think Murray goes back to Jr for one more season.

Hamsterkill
07-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I just realized this and found it a little surprising. The Foligno brothers (both dual-citizens) actually play for different national teams. Nick plays for USA while Marcus plays for Canada.

Doctego
07-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I am getting as sick of hearing about Rick Nash being traded as I am about Dwight Howard being dealt. Just wake me up when it's done.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-09-2012, 07:23 PM
I am getting as sick of hearing about Rick Nash being traded as I am about Dwight Howard being dealt. Just wake me up when it's done.

Agreed, got real sick of Parise/Sutter watch & Nash trade watch and now the Doan watch... but this is summer. It's the best we got.

Buckeye
07-23-2012, 04:11 PM
The Columbus Blue Jackets have acquired forwards Brandon Dubinsky (http://click.bluejacketslink.com/?qs=4c1828ddb063875e03c9fd98192e99277d3d66a37dc372 0149bba1179020d4d8) and Artem Anisimov (http://click.bluejacketslink.com/?qs=4c1828ddb063875e8ce59e7c4d42794115cd24ebd33a7e 0fa1559ac10661f695), defenseman Tim Erixon (http://click.bluejacketslink.com/?qs=4c1828ddb063875e82de18024da959e46e90bde7ca28fd ec31ddc610cbfa1609) and a first round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft in exchange for forward Rick Nash, defenseman Steven Delisle and a conditional third round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, club Executive Vice President and General Manager Scott Howson announced today. The conditional pick will be returned to the Blue Jackets if the Rangers make the 2013 Stanley Cup Final. The trade is pending all players passing a physical.

Cornholio
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi there,
is anybody interested in buying a CLS pre season game worn jersey (Sean Pronger #19)
It's from the 2003-2004 season, home set 1 (white), with CoA.
Feel free to contact me :)

Hamsterkill
02-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Oh my god, it finally happened! Howson fired! What do you think the odds are that NBC hires him and puts him at a table with Milbury? The Table of Epic GM Failage.

two24four
02-13-2013, 10:41 AM
So they named Kekalainen GM. He is one of the best at finding great players in the draft. Blue Jackets have not 1, not 2 but 3 first round picks this season. For someone like Kekalainen it has to be a dream for him to have that many first round picks in a very, very deep draft like this one is.

Buckeye
04-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Columbus Blue Jackets Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Night:355357358359356

Buckeye
04-10-2013, 10:39 PM

WIS
04-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Awesome, Buckeye!

Buckeye
04-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Dear Hockey Gods, please, oh please, smile upon us......

alias
04-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Dear Hockey Gods, please, oh please, smile upon us......

I was kinda hoping the Jackets would make it while the Rangers didn't just to see the look on Nash's face, but it looks like the Rags will get in. Gotta say I'm rooting for the Jackets in the west....their fans deserve it!

boredguy
04-22-2013, 04:19 AM
They're certainly lucky that the Flyers don't know shit about goalies, lol.

Doctego
04-22-2013, 05:53 AM
They're certainly lucky that the Flyers don't know shit about goalies, lol.

Nobody, including members of his own family, saw this season coming from Bobrovsky.

phaneuf6
04-22-2013, 07:53 AM
I hope this season doesn't hinder the long-term success of the Blue Jackets... it would've been the perfect season to tank and get a Drouin or Mackinnon.

chgorman
04-22-2013, 09:54 AM
The Wings certainly don't deserve to make the playoffs, and I think DAL is too far back to make a legit run at 8th, especially when they have to play both CBJ and DET this week, so your boys should get in Buck!

Kyle
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
What an exciting race to see whos going to get smashed by Chicago. This will probably sound like homer bias, but of the 3 possible teams, CBJ and Dal literally have no prayer, and as small as the Wings chances would be too, there would at least be a chance against Chicago. Dallas and CBJ aren't competing with them over 7 games, period. They're way above their heads even at 8th seed. The Wings have disappointed all year but disappointment is based on potential that simply doesn't exist with the other 2 teams. CBJ and Dal are peaked out with their current squads, they have nothing to say to Chicago.

I hope this season doesn't hinder the long-term success of the Blue Jackets... it would've been the perfect season to tank and get a Drouin or Mackinnon.

Agreed. This is a trap season for Blue Jacket fans. They're 26th in scoring and 29th in shots, theres virtually nothing to build on this season and virtually no chance of Bobs playing quite as good next season. They still need a star and would've been much better off in the long term had they tanked this season. They'll tank next year and end up simply being a year behind with a weaker draft class.

Buckeye
04-23-2013, 01:58 PM
I respectfully disagree. Chicago has played Columbus 4 times this season and won each game by one goal. Most of those games were earlier in the season as well, prior to the team coming together. The way Bob is playing, the way the forecheck is working, as well as the D and PK, I certainly wouldn't say they have "no prayer". why do they need a "superstar"? Look how well that worked w/Nash. The CBJ r rolling all 4 lines solidly and successfully. JD and Jarmo will draft solid, despite not having a top pick. This team will be a contender going forward for many years to come. There is no doubt in my mind.

Kyle
04-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Didn't know your boys played so well vs Chicago all year! At the end of the day I would've said much worse about the Kings last year, so what do I know? Good luck if they make it in, anything can happen once you make it to the show.

Buckeye
04-23-2013, 10:26 PM
anything can happen once you make it to the show. Ain't that the truth: the Stanley Cup Playoffs: there is nothing better.....

Kyle
04-26-2013, 09:25 PM
I think I speak for both of us exuberantly when I say THANK YOU FOR SUCKING ASS MINNESOTA! Now just suck ass one more time!

Buckeye
04-27-2013, 11:51 AM
I think I speak for both of us exuberantly when I say THANK YOU FOR SUCKING ASS MINNESOTA! Now just suck ass one more time!

LOL!!! Yep! I would be ok with that!

Buckeye
04-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Heading down to the arena district here in a bit. The game is sold out and the team just sold 1500 SRO tickets. The atmosphere is going to be electric! I can't fucking wait!

Buckeye
04-27-2013, 10:13 PM
:cry:

thelaughingtree
04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
would have liked to see them get in - great season columbus. Something special starting with that team

Kyle
04-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Thats the one side affect of such a well balanced league - At least 1 great team always seems to be left out of the playoff picture in each conference. Columbus deserved to get in for sure. 8-2 their last 10 games. 3 game winning streak to end the year. Over a full 82 game season they probably get in for sure. They'll be in the hunt next year. Columbus surprised me to end the year, they've looked great.

two24four
04-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Keep your head up Buckeye. Jackets are a much better team now. And they have three 1st round picks in this coming draft which is a pretty deep draft in the first few rounds.

Dubz
04-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah man. Congrats on a great season!!

chgorman
04-28-2013, 10:42 AM
CBJ definitely deserved to be in ahead of Minny. Pathetic display by Minny over the final few weeks of the season.

Really liking Cam Atkinson, Columbus is definitely on the way up if Bob can continue playing as well as he did this season over the course of a full sched.

Buckeye
04-28-2013, 11:24 AM
They started the season 5-12-2. JD is hired, he brings in Jarmo: they finish 19-5-5. The future appears bright, indeed. Still stinging today, though.

alias
04-28-2013, 11:34 AM
They started the season 5-12-2. JD is hired, he brings in Jarmo: they finish 19-5-5. The future appears bright, indeed. Still stinging today, though.

This is why the Jackets fans have reason to be optimistic. Better days are ahead for sure!

Buckeye
08-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Me w/the newest Blue Jacket, Nathan Horton:http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/4629/71m0.jpg

Buckeye
08-17-2013, 03:35 PM
CBJ mascot Stinger:http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9249/35a0.jpg

Dubz
08-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Cant see the Horton pic but the stinger one is cool.

Buckeye
08-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Hmmm, how about this one:http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1550/dahk.jpg

Dubz
08-18-2013, 03:54 PM
That one works but the Stinger one is still cooler LOL

Buckeye
10-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Opening night at Nationwide Arena:http://imageshack.us/a/img202/9684/hq8c.jpg

Buckeye
10-05-2013, 03:39 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img845/7063/w1iv.png

Buckeye
12-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Love this one live last night....SICK!

http://youtu.be/Ev6HKR-0AAE

Buckeye
01-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Mrs. Buckeye and I at Nationwide Arena enjoying the CBJ's complete destruction of the Caps on their way to their 5th consecutive victory!
http://imageshack.com/a/img23/7505/uj4c.jpg

two24four
01-18-2014, 12:58 PM
How you liking Boone Jenner Buckeye?

Buckeye
01-20-2014, 12:15 PM
How you liking Boone Jenner Buckeye?

Love him!!! Curious where he lands when Gaborik, Comeau and Skille are healthy.

Buckeye
01-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Last night's game vs Philly: felt like a playoff atmosphere! 8 in a row! God, I have waited 13 years to feel this.....
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/194/8l5b.jpg

toronto1979
01-27-2014, 11:05 AM
LOL @ the banners in the rafters... Is that just a banner for every win?

I guess when you don't have any championships, that's what you do.

two24four
01-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Love him!!!.

Nice thought you would like him. He will be captain before you know it.

b_illin
01-27-2014, 01:27 PM
LOL @ the banners in the rafters... Is that just a banner for every win?

The banners of all 30 NHL teams???

Buckeye, hope you guys make it into the playoffs (unless it's at the leafs expense!) - as you said, the years of futility are finally starting to pay off!!!!

toronto1979
01-27-2014, 05:59 PM
The banners of all 30 NHL teams???
I don't know if it's all 30 teams, have they ever beat the Sharks? ;) I kid I kid :lol:

Buckeye
01-30-2014, 05:35 PM
It is every team in the league.......

Buckeye
01-30-2014, 05:39 PM

And when was Toronto's last championship? Were you alive then? So, neither of us has seen our team raise the Cup in our lifetime, correct?

Buckeye
01-30-2014, 05:41 PM
What is the Leaf's record against the Jackets this season?

toronto1979
01-31-2014, 11:38 AM
What is the Leaf's record against the Jackets this season?
No clue, I was just poking fun. I've never seen banners for all 30 teams together.

How long have they been there? I imagine they were purchased in anticipation of the 2013 all star game.

two24four
01-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Did they not have the draft a few years back? I know they put all 30 team banners up for that. Maybe just left them from that.

phaneuf6
01-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Johansen is quietly having a great season in Columbus. Might head down to a Jackets game to see him play.

Kyle
01-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Did they not have the draft a few years back? I know they put all 30 team banners up for that. Maybe just left them from that.

:lol: Am I not supposed to find that at all funny?

Buckeye
02-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Johansen is quietly having a great season in Columbus. Might head down to a Jackets game to see him play.
Come down, bro! I will show you a good time! I am a season ticket holder and can get good lower bowl seats at a discount.

Buckeye
02-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Actually, all 30 banners have been hung from the rafters since the arena opened in 2000. Probably to help the casual fan and those coming to the games with no clue, which 13 years into their existence and not being a traditional hockey market, there's still quite a few.

Buckeye
02-07-2014, 05:59 PM
And no suspension for this hit?!?!? What a crock of shit.....
http://youtu.be/XYpzcG9XuJ4

phaneuf6
02-10-2014, 12:18 PM
He was going down already...the hit was fine.

b_illin
02-10-2014, 12:37 PM
And when was Toronto's last championship? Were you alive then? So, neither of us has seen our team raise the Cup in our lifetime, correct?

1967...and 13 in total...which would make 13 more than the BJ's so suck it! (pun intended)

Edit: that's rude of me...my bad. I'm all for you guys making the playoffs...as long as it's not at the leafs expense! :)

He was going down already...the hit was fine.

While I agree he was going down anyway, it did look like Brown was head hunting a bit at first, but if you look at the replay 0:23min it doesn't look anywhere near as bad or malicious as it did from the first angle.

Buckeye
03-02-2014, 12:48 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2i95qfo.jpg

Buckeye
03-02-2014, 12:49 PM
WIZ
http://i58.tinypic.com/nlzn1s.jpg

alias
03-03-2014, 12:13 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2i95qfo.jpg

who's the hottie Buckeye?

phaneuf6
03-03-2014, 07:50 PM
who's the hottie Buckeye?

:lol:

Buckeye
03-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Ummmm, that's my daughter........she is a freshman at Ohio University.

Buckeye
03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Prout and Anisimov......looking good! :D

b_illin
03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
(awkward :) )

PS: foligno should have gotten a slashing penalty on reimer!

Buckeye
03-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Great game in the 'Wide tonight! Send the Wings back to Detroit after the 3rd period spankin'! I do believe the Jackets have taken 5 out of the past 6 against Hockeytown!

Kyle
03-11-2014, 11:18 PM
That was a better game than 4-1 indicates. Tough to put up 40 shots and only get rewarded once. The Wild took advantage of a lot of horrid defensive collapses and looked slick on their finishes. 76 total shots, really busy game both ways. I thought the Wings had the better of the first 50 minutes and were ready to push and take a lead. The Wild turned up the intensity and the Wings didn't match the last 10. The Wings are one more loss away from a collapse here going into this important stretch run. The Wild are definitely pushing for it this year, reminds me just like last year and I wouldn't be surprised if one of Detroit or Columbus holds the other teams' playoff hopes in their hands yet again on the 82nd game. Exciting to watch such a closely competitive league just a few years removed from a time where Columbus was just a practice session for Detroit and not in any position to really compete. I'd love to use the Datsyuk/Zetterberg excuse but Columbus played great vs Detroit with those two around also. Good for your squad Buckeye, that playoff spot is long overdue.

Hamsterkill
03-12-2014, 01:42 AM
That was a better game than 4-1 indicates. Tough to put up 40 shots and only get rewarded once. The Wild took advantage of a lot of horrid defensive collapses and looked slick on their finishes. 76 total shots, really busy game both ways. I thought the Wings had the better of the first 50 minutes and were ready to push and take a lead. The Wild turned up the intensity and the Wings didn't match the last 10. The Wings are one more loss away from a collapse here going into this important stretch run. The Wild are definitely pushing for it this year, reminds me just like last year and I wouldn't be surprised if one of Detroit or Columbus holds the other teams' playoff hopes in their hands yet again on the 82nd game. Exciting to watch such a closely competitive league just a few years removed from a time where Columbus was just a practice session for Detroit and not in any position to really compete. I'd love to use the Datsyuk/Zetterberg excuse but Columbus played great vs Detroit with those two around also. Good for your squad Buckeye, that playoff spot is long overdue.

Um...?

Kyle
03-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Oops. I have a weird word association with The Wild and The Blue Jackets. For like 10 years they were both just those shitty expansion teams near the bottom of the West every year. One reminds me of the other.

You knew what I meant asshole. ;)

Hamsterkill
03-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Oops. I have a weird word association with The Wild and The Blue Jackets. For like 10 years they were both just those shitty expansion teams near the bottom of the West every year. One reminds me of the other.

You knew what I meant asshole. ;)
Sure, just checking if you knew what you meant. :cool:

b_illin
03-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Buckeye, as a fan of a team that went through a number of shitty years, I can say that it feels good, eh?!?

Gern Blansten
03-12-2014, 10:26 AM
For like 10 years they were both just those shitty expansion teams near the bottom of the West every year. One reminds me of the other.

Except the part where the Wild were always lurking just under the playoff cutoff, actually made the playoffs a few times and went to the Conference Finals once.

Nice to see both teams doing much better now.

Dubz
03-12-2014, 03:33 PM
haha i do that with a few football teams Kyle

Buckeye
03-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Indeed!

Buckeye
03-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Buckeye, as a fan of a team that went through a number of shitty years, I can say that it feels good, eh?!?

Indeed!

Kyle
03-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Except the part where the Wild were always lurking just under the playoff cutoff, actually made the playoffs a few times and went to the Conference Finals once.

Nice to see both teams doing much better now.

The Wild were awful from 2000-2006, nothing to say or dispute there. They were supposed to be awful. Thats how expansion teams work. They built themselves as fast as anyone could imagine and have consistently competed for the playoffs 8 seasons since, minus two off years. I don't lack any respect for the Wild and they've certainly always been better than the Blue Jackets as far as the front office and management is concerned, but that doesn't change the common association from fans of high end west teams in the early 2000's. The Wild and The Jackets were just those teams that weren't gonna compete for a cup anytime soon.

As I brushed up on those numbers, its crazy seeing just how ultra imbalanced the league was 10 years ago. There was one season where 8 west teams scored 95 or more points and 9th place only 79. The league is so much more competitive than ever. This also really reflected in goal differentials back then which looked way more contrasting than they do now. Theres still really bad teams but less than ever and theres more genuine SC contenders than ever.

Gern Blansten
03-12-2014, 08:44 PM
The Wild were awful from 2000-2006, nothing to say or dispute there. They were supposed to be awful. Thats how expansion teams work. They built themselves as fast as anyone could imagine and have consistently competed for the playoffs 8 seasons since, minus two off years. I don't lack any respect for the Wild and they've certainly always been better than the Blue Jackets as far as the front office and management is concerned, but that doesn't change the common association from fans of high end west teams in the early 2000's. The Wild and The Jackets were just those teams that weren't gonna compete for a cup anytime soon.

(sorry CLB fans for the Wild hijack)

Last sentence pretty much hit the nail on the head.

The 2002-03 Wild were a lot of things but awful isn't one of them. 3rd in a strong NW div, 6th in the WC and made it to the WCF beating of all people Patrick Roy to get there. Considering it was their 3rd season in existence that was pretty damn cool.

After that, I'd agree that they were pretty lackluster. I have no idea who was running the show over in Columbus, but Doug Risebrough was just ass. VERY frustrating as a fan to watch him "guide" the team into complete mediocrity.

Perhaps I should start a Wild thread? I figure we should be a factor in a couple of years if we can figure out our goaltending woes.

Kyle
03-12-2014, 09:30 PM
That 03 year was definitely great. Parise/Suter was a slam dunk for the sake of competing the next half-decade. Never hurts to start up a thread, a lot of these don't get bumped often but they're handy to have around.

Buckeye
04-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Got my playoff tickets!!!!

Buckeye
04-11-2014, 12:18 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/e1bt5w.jpg

b_illin
04-11-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm pumped for you dude! I think Columbus is going to be my team in the playoffs this year...really like watching them from what I've seen!

PS: out of curiousity, how much are playoff tickets?

Buckeye
04-11-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm pumped for you dude! I think Columbus is going to be my team in the playoffs this year...really like watching them from what I've seen!

PS: out of curiousity, how much are playoff tickets?

Thanks man, I can't wait. I was at the two games in 2008 when they were swept by Detroit.

I bought playoff tickets through my season ticket holder package. I am in the first row of the upper bowl in the attack twice zone. They were $60 per seat per game. Lower bowl are $120 face value.

Dubz
04-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Ive always been a big Bob fan since they used to cherp him for being a police officer not a hockey player...LOL. Vezina bitches...and Russia had him on the bench as well.

b_illin
04-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks man, I can't wait. I was at the two games in 2008 when they were swept by Detroit.

I bought playoff tickets through my season ticket holder package. I am in the first row of the upper bowl in the attack twice zone. They were $60 per seat per game. Lower bowl are $120 face value.

Holy smokes, maybe I'll be joining you for a game in CLB at those prices!!! ($120 wouldn't even get you standing room tickets in TO...which sucks!)

b_illin
04-29-2014, 11:00 AM
You guys nearly came back last night - crazy!! This team will back in the playoffs in future years no doubt. Really like Johansen

two24four
04-29-2014, 12:14 PM
This really will be a good team for years to come with Johansen, Jenner and Murray to build around and prospects like Rychel and Dansk on the way soon.

Dubz
09-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Uh oh

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ryan-johansen-not-expected-at-blue-jackets-camp-do-to-contract-impasse-155812557.html

Buckeye
10-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Opening Night 2014:
http://i58.tinypic.com/sxylno.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/34g8vnl.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/s5yc8o.jpg

2-1 to start the season!

Kyle
11-19-2014, 02:52 AM
That spanking was LONG over-due. Feels like Columbus has dominated Detroit for 2+ years now. This one eases the sting. Hartnell is a damn clown but gotta love guys like him in the playoffs I suppose!

Buckeye
01-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Bobrovsky signs a 4 year extension!

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=747811

toronto1979
01-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Bobrovsky signs a 4 year extension!

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=747811
It's high but the Jackets need him and have the cap space to afford it. Good signing on their part. Other GMs are going to be pissed now though when they go to re-sign their goalies and the agent pulls out Bob's contract as a comparable.

Kyle
01-28-2015, 02:14 AM
The Columbus cannon might be the stupidest thing in the NHL world. The fans clearly hate it. They're a good team now and they score often enough to get rid of that nonsense.

Hamsterkill
01-28-2015, 11:10 AM
The Columbus cannon might be the stupidest thing in the NHL world. The fans clearly hate it. They're a good team now and they score often enough to get rid of that nonsense.
I think it's better than Carolina's "storm siren". I haven't noticed that the (edit: Columbus) fans hate the cannon. I mean it got out of hand for the ASG, obviously, but in general I don't think it's too bad.

Doctego
01-28-2015, 04:05 PM

I'm assuming that the cannon is different than the annoying Pats horn that sounded after every goal?

Buckeye
05-20-2015, 12:57 PM
CBJ finally name a captain after nearly three seasons without one: Nick Foligno.
http://i60.tinypic.com/208zpna.jpg

(http://postimg.org/image/o3nxyw151/)

Kyle
05-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Buckeye, every time you post a picture of you around the Blue Jackets, you always have the best possible vibe about you. You're a rare true fan in the sports world. I'd guess you're one of the few fans that players actually enjoy dealing with.

Buckeye
05-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Buckeye, every time you post a picture of you around the Blue Jackets, you always have the best possible vibe about you. You're a rare true fan in the sports world. I'd guess you're one of the few fans that players actually enjoy dealing with.

Thank you for the kind words, Kyle. I really appreciate it. I am indeed loyal, sometimes to a fault.

Buckeye
08-24-2015, 08:43 AM
So, the Jackets add Saad. Anisimov and Dano depart. No upgrade on the blue line. Hoping for a healthy Murray. Expectations are high. Should they be tempered?

chgorman
08-24-2015, 04:25 PM
So, the Jackets add Saad. Anisimov and Dano depart. No upgrade on the blue line. Hoping for a healthy Murray. Expectations are high. Should they be tempered?

I wouldn't necessarily expect the Cup if I were a fan of the team, but I think a playoff spot is definitely a realistic/probable expectation. They've got a good looking roster, especially if Murray can play regularly.

Kyle
10-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Its looking like the Saad/Johansen/Foligno connection is clicking, they might be ready to be the NHL's next best line. They can easily combine for for well over 200 pts.

Buckeye
10-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Its looking like the Saad/Johansen/Foligno connection is clicking, they might be ready to be the NHL's next best line. They can easily combine for for well over 200 pts.

I couldn't agree more! And Bobrovsky looks sharp! Can't for Friday night!

Buckeye
10-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Good Lord......I certainly didn't expect the season to begin like this........

phaneuf6
10-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Me neither, Buckeye. Big fan of the Blue Jackets this year. Can't see the slide lasting too long.

Kyle
10-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Same.

b_illin
10-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Good Lord......I certainly didn't expect the season to begin like this........

You jinxed it!!

I know it is only preseason, however, three of the top five scoring leaders are the CBJ top line: Johansen, Foligno and Saad. Who led the preseason in victories by a goaltender? Bobrovsky. Big things on the horizon for Columbus! The Blue Jackets are about to take the hockey world by storm!

Hahaha, kidding buddy, it's early in the season and CLB is too talented in 2015 not to bounce back!

boredguy
10-15-2015, 06:05 PM
It's why you never look at preseason as a judge of how the season will go. That top line is still doin pretty well but their D was just brutal against the Sens, that wasn't on Bob, but then he apparently stunk it up against the Rags. Hopefully they get things worked out, not really a fan but they deserve a little bit of success.

Dubz
10-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Lions were perfect in preseason then went on to lose every single "real" game that year!!!

Bob is killin me!!! Hope they turn it around asap.

two24four
10-21-2015, 09:42 AM
So Torts is the new head coach. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Those players better be ready to block shots, he expects everyone to block shots.

I didn't think we would see Torts back behind an NHL bench this soon.

chgorman
10-21-2015, 09:52 AM
So Torts is the new head coach. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Those players better be ready to block shots, he expects everyone to block shots.

I didn't think we would see Torts back behind an NHL bench this soon.

I didn't think we'd see him behind a bench again ever, given how shit went down in VAN.

Buckeye
10-21-2015, 11:32 AM
I am at a loss for words........

Kyle
10-21-2015, 11:53 AM
As am I. Torts is a cancerous personality (albeit with much more upside than your average random coach hire) and It saddens me the Jackets were pushed to this so early. I feel for the players. This start is just mind boggling.

b_illin
10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Torts makes sense to me actually. He is the type that will light a fire that should get short-term results. If he doesn't he's out at years end and if he does right the ship it will only last for so long at which point the team is a little older and more experienced and ready for steady-eddy coach.

I'm surprised though that they pulled chute on Richards so quickly but I'm guessing Jarmo's seat might be getting a bit warm with this start.

two24four
10-21-2015, 12:34 PM
It's their D more then anything, their D is bad.

phaneuf6
10-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Dubinsky must be thrilled.

Buckeye
10-22-2015, 08:02 AM
The first press conference, if anyone is interested:
http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=231&id=852525&lang=en

I found it interesting: he stated that he needs to listen more. Referred to past "ups and downs" with Dubi: "he was younger in his career, he was the first player I met with this morning."

two24four
10-22-2015, 10:01 PM
First team since 1944 to start 0-8. Yikes.

Kyle
10-24-2015, 03:07 PM
And Torts is right to sending weird messages to his star players, benching Johansen in the final 6 minutes of a 1-goal game. Lets hope Johansen was really playing/feeling that terrible (He is out today with illness) and this doesn't evolve into Tort's newest love story with a star player. Because we know how that usually works out for the player.

cod4us
10-24-2015, 05:47 PM
It's their D more then anything, their D is bad.

I would look more at the goalie. It's not the most confidence inspiring D, but with the 6th best corsi in the new NHL stats I suspect they are getting the puck out of the zone. Montreal has allowed more shots against ( 345 vs 303 ) and they aren't complaining.

Buckeye
11-04-2015, 08:09 AM
Nice road win @ SJ last night: 5 goals and Bob stopped 41. Praying this is the turn around!

Buckeye
12-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Bob out three weeks......this season just keeps getting better and better....

WIS
12-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Bob out three weeks......this season just keeps getting better and better....
And he was finally playing like the Vezina guy a few years ago. Tough loss indeed.

Buckeye
01-03-2016, 11:07 AM
CBJ beat the Stars and Caps back to back: hoping they have turned a corner.

On a side note, rookie G Anton Forsberg got the W last night (his first career victory), coming in with 3 mins remaining in OT and winning the SO, becoming the first goaltender in the history of the NHL to won a game in which he didn't enter until after regulation.

Buckeye
06-27-2016, 02:40 PM
What are the various opinions on Dubois? Is he NHL ready?

Hamsterkill
06-27-2016, 03:06 PM
What are the various opinions on Dubois? Is he NHL ready?

I doubt it, but won't rule it out. They said they could play him anywhere in the lineup and there's a chance he could be a winger on a CBJ third line, but from the sound of things, the BJs want him to be a center. At least Dubinsky, Wennberg, and Jenner would currently all be ahead of him there. I think it's more likely he gets sent to back to junior for next year. Because of his versatility, he could make the jump easier than a pure scorer, though. Kind of like Ryan O'Reilly or Sean Couturier in that way.

two24four
06-27-2016, 03:28 PM
They had to have taken him to be a centre. No other reason why they would have taken him 3rd IMO.

Buckeye
11-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Don't look now, but the Blue Jackets are on a roll: playing solid defense in front of Bob, PP is clicking and the entire has a confidence. They expect to win and push instead of react.

Hamsterkill
11-22-2016, 11:39 AM
I must admit, even I didn't expect Werenski to be this good this fast. He's not too far off the points pace he set last year in college and hasn't looked like a terrible defensive liability. Not sure if he's playing above his head or if he simply had another level to get to when faced with good enough competition.

Buckeye
12-02-2016, 08:59 AM
I am trying so hard to contain my enthusiasm......

chgorman
12-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Was really hoping Jenner was going to get his act in gear. Had high hopes after last season, but had to drop him in one of my leagues.

two24four
12-14-2016, 09:34 AM
Crazy how good the Blue Jackets are playing. Don't think anyone saw this coming. They are also tied with the Avs for the least amount of games played in the NHL so they have the best winning % right now. Enjoy it Buckeye.

Buckeye
12-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Jackets win....9 in a row. 4th overall in the entire league with 3-5 games in hand.....2nd in goal differential (+37)......somebody pinch me......

WIS
12-19-2016, 01:51 PM
And Tortorella as coach...enjoy it buddy. Great to see them successful.

Buckeye
12-21-2016, 07:45 AM
10 in a row. And I just scored tickets to Thursday's tilt with the Penguins!

WIS
12-23-2016, 12:36 AM
10 in a row. And I just scored tickets to Thursday's tilt with the Penguins!
Well that must've been fun for you.

Buckeye
12-23-2016, 07:52 AM
It was GREAT!!!! Just an unbelievable atmosphere. Even better than the few playoff games I have attended.

Buckeye
12-23-2016, 07:58 AM
This blows me away:
http://i65.tinypic.com/vxjmsp.jpg

Buckeye
12-30-2016, 10:33 AM
JACKETS WIN!!! 14 IN A ROW!!!!

Big showdown on Saturday!!!! Who is the league's hottest team?

Buckeye
12-30-2016, 03:03 PM
The Blue Jackets (14-game win streak) will play the Minnesota Wild (12-game win streak) on New Year's Eve in Xcel Energy Center, the first time in NHL history that two clubs with winning streaks of seven or more games will have faced each other.
In fact, according to Elias Sports Bureau, it's the first time in North American professional sports history that two teams with winning streaks of 12 or more games will have gone toe-to-toe.

two24four
12-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Such a big game Hockey Night In Canada is showing it as one of their games tomorrow night.